Review of ClassPass

10001, US
Tel: +1-571-421-2774

jonathanc295
5/23/19

i was charged for a miss class i attended? they are charging me an extra $20 because their system says i was not there when in fact i was! NO SUPPORT what so ever.. i will be disputing the charges if they don't clear this up immediately.

angelae4
5/21/19

I am investigating into a potential class action lawsuit against classpass for their business and billing practices. For more information you may contact me directly at angelaedwards@charter.net or 413-525-3820. Thank you

Law Office of Angela Edwards
East longmeadow MA 01028

alishak20
5/20/19

I would highly recommend you STAY AWAY from ClassPass. The easiest thing is to sign up and take your money, but they make it EXTREMELY difficult to cancel your account. They don't state anywhere on their website or cancellation policy that you will lose your previously paid credits when you cancel your membership, and when cancelling your membership, they take forever which ends up charging you for another bill cycle. The customer service support is TERRIBLE. There's no phone number, you only have a chat box to speak with someone from the company, and when I tried to speak with someone, she cut me off and left the chat while we were in the middle of a conversation and I was in the middle of typing. I can not express enough that you should absolutely stay away from this company!

jos141
5/16/19

I found this page too late! After going through the multi step cancellation process and being told my account was closed, I just noticed (after the 2nd monthly charge hit) that my subscription was never canceled. I wrote customer service explaining the situation and got a form letter back stating there is nothing they can do.

I found this page because I wondered if they did the same to others. Clearly this is not a one-off mistake but rather the shady way ClassPass makes extra money. Now that I know I will dispute directly with credit card and see where that goes. So be warned -- when you try to cancel, make sure you take a picture of the chat window and get anything in writing if you talk to someone. It's a scam.

heatherg242
5/15/19

Class pass will charge you and doesn't email you a receipt or remind you that they charged you after the trial period. When you tell them you want a refund and that you don't intend to continue the membership, they say "ok, we will cancel your membership" and you can't use the credits you paid for. They customer service people (chat room only--you can't call) are sarcastic and unkind.I would stay clear of this company.

Response from Becky C., ClassPass Representative
Hi Heather, apologies for any confusion and frustration here. ClassPass is a monthly subscription service, and we note the auto-renewal feature on the website and throughout the sign up process. It's never our intention to mislead you or treat you unkindly. If you'd like to send us an email at http://classpass.com/contact, we would be happy to look into your account and see if there's anything we can do to help.
elainei8
5/6/19

Classpass is one of the worst apps that I had. First, without any warning Classpass starts your membership and charges $79 to your bank without any warning. The classes that are available on the app are also very subpar. I signed up for a crossfit class and it was in the middle of an industrial area literally connected to a food manufacturing company and the area was very sketchy. The actual gym itself was also in a bad condition. I think that they don't vet the studio partners. As a result, I did not attend the class and I got charged $15!! I basically got charged $94 unwanted. Be careful when using this app it tries it best to scam you!

Response from Becky C., ClassPass Representative
Hi Elaine, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. As a friendly reminder, ClassPass is a monthly subscription service that auto-renews each month. We note this during the sign up process and in our confirmation emails. We're sorry to hear about the frustration with your class as well. Please send us an email to http://classpass.com/contact we'd be happy to see if there's anything we can do to help.
christineh338
5/3/19

Classpass's credit system, expiration rules, and freezing/unfreezing system is needlessly convoluted and reflects the lack of value in using classpass. The lack of easily accessible customer support is also driving users away. It seems like there has been very little consideration of the user's/consumer's experience and needs, which ultimately means losing potentially long-term customers who would have been extremely valuable to Classpass in the long run. I've tried it now a couple of times, and each time, I quit because the system is just too confusing and lacking in value. When it's so easy to just visit studios on one's own - why would someone use Classpass, unless the app + program was making their lives *easier*, not harder? That's my two cents!

Response from Becky C., ClassPass Representative
Hi Christine, we appreciate you sharing your feedback. To clarify, ClassPass is a monthly subscription service, so your credits reset when your account renews. At this time, we have a rollover policy that applies to active accounts, if you aren't able to use up all of your credits. However, we are always working to improve our site and app, and we always welcome feedback from our members on what Please feel free to contact us at http://classpass.com/contact if you have any further feedback. We'd love to have you back in class in the future.
jewelleb
5/2/19

The plus side of ClassPass is that you have access to several gyms so the sheer variety is good. You can also switch between cities so if you travel a lot, this would be good for you.

If you at all have an inconsistent schedule, ClassPass is not for you. It's not flexible about missed classes ($20) or late cancellations ($15), so don't even think about it if you're not 100% sure you will actually make it to class. This is reasonable but the dealbreaker is thatClassPass doesn't inform you that they'll be charging you until a week after they've already processed fees... So there's no way to tell if the charge was a mistake (you weren't checked in) or a legitimate fee (you genuinely missed class) until one week later. This is a huge miss.

Best of luck.

Response from Becky C., ClassPass Representative
Hi Jewelle, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback! We're glad to hear that you enjoy the flexibility of our membership (we're in over 80+ cities worldwide now).

However, we definitely understand that it can be hard to plan ahead with a bus schedule. As a friendly reminder, many of our classes are available to book up to 10-15 minutes before class time! If you're uncertain if you can make it to class, this might be a helpful tip to keep in mind. Regarding missed classes, there should be a notification email. If you need help with your account (i.e. resubscribing to these emails), please send us an email at http://classpass.com/contact and we'd be happy to take a look for you.
kellyeg2
4/28/19

Please be weary of using ClassPass. I literally had two weekends in a row where I signed for a class that didn't happen and they never bothered to tell me. The first time I caught it before I left my house. The second time I didn't and was literally standing outside a dark, closed studio confused. When I contacted Classpass, they refunded my credits but since I had canceled my membership, I was told I had to use the credits by the next day, which I can't do as someone with a full time job who travels to another state to work. When I complained further, they blamed their "studio partners" and said they couldn't extend my unused credits for the next month or reimburse. Their solution? Uncancel my membership so the credits carry over. So basically give them MORE money. It looks like they've happily screwed me out of my money but hopefully someone will read this and it can save them from the same thing happening.

Response from Becky C., ClassPass Representative
Hi Kellye, we're so sorry to hear about your frustration about your cancelled classes. Totally understand how disappointing it is to turn up to class that was cancelled without notice. It is never our intention to mislead you or provide you with a subpar class experience. If you could please send us an email to http://classpass.com/contact with your account information, we'd be happy to look into your account to see how we can help.
guyr42
4/26/19

What a terrible experience. I joined the trial which was supposed to be "FREE ONE MONTH". However, it actually charges you in advance for credits. Class pass does not want to give me a refund. Be careful!!

Response from Becky C., ClassPass Representative
Hi Guy, thanks for sharing your feedback. We do apologize for any confusion or frustration here! As a friendly reminder, ClassPass is a monthly subscription service, and we note this in a couple of different places on the website. Our auto-renewal feature, after the trial period, is explained during the sign up process and in our confirmation emails. If you'd like to send us an email with your account information to http://classpass.com/contact, we'd be happy to look and see if there's anything we can do to help.
christophers455
4/17/19

On February 8 I purchased a specific Wahoo Tickr heart rate monitor through ClassPass in order to enjoy their live workouts in my own home. The company stated I could not use my own heart rate monitor and had to pay them $49 for their specific one. As of April 12 the company stopped offering live classes and I have no use for it now. It is specific to Classpass only and I can't use the heart rate monitor elsewhere. I asked for a refund because if I had known they would stop offering live classes 2 months after I bought it I would have never purchased it. They stated since it's after the 30 day refund period they would not grant me a refund. My 30 day refund period date was March 8 but the company did not announce cessation of live classes until April 7. A company associate, Christina, stated I could still use their heart rate monitor with their pre-recorded on demand workout videos. This does not benefit me because I have a watch that has heart rate monitoring and there is no benefit to using the company's specific Wahoo Tickr heart rate monitor.

estherl77
4/12/19

I signed up for a free trial of 2 weeks and I never actually got to use it for any class and then the next month roll over I was charged 75$ for 20 credits. I only noticed 2 weeks into the new month membership. So I thought I would cancel the membership for the following month, in the meantime, I thought I would sign up for a class just to see if I could make it. I didn't end up making to the class and they ended up charging me 20$ for not showing and they supposed to refund you the credits of the class, however, my membership expired next day so I wasn't able to use the "credits" they refunded. I essentially got double charged. Overall, I paid 50$ for not using their service. I do not recommend classpass to anyone. I am never the person to write a bad review but they really upset me.

Response from Becky C., ClassPass Representative
Hi Esther, we're so sorry to hear about your frustration here with your account and the missed class. As a friendly reminder, ClassPass is a monthly subscription, so it does auto-renew after the trial if you don't request a cancellation. All plan change requests and cancellations process for the upcoming monthly cycle. Please send us an email at http://classpass.com/contact with your account information, and we'd be happy to see if there's anything we can do to help!
robbys18
4/2/19

Classpass.com and the Classpass app is a FRAUD in all caps. Here are the reasons why it is a fraud:

1. When you install the App, it will surreptitiously read you Apple wallet and you credit/debit card information.

2. It will start charging you a subscription of $79 per month without any information to you, even if you remove the application.

3. The classpass app will give you some free credits for attending workout sessions but these are not free, they are reading your credit card and they will charge you.

4. For some reason even if you don't miss a class, they will sometimes say that you missed a class/appointment and they will charge $20 for that.

5. You will receive no emails, not communications, no agreements.

6. They don't have a phone number.

7. You send them a note through their website and someone will get back to you in 24 hours. Extremely poor.

8. STAY AWAY FROM FRAUD!

Tip for consumers: Just stay away from Classpass. Even if you remove the app, they still have got your credit card number and they will keep on charging you. You'll never receive a receipt or any information through email.

courtneyc145
3/25/19

I recently signed up for the ClassPass free trial and was very excited to begin working out at a variety of spots in the Bay Area. Unfortunately, I was completely misled.

I registered for a number of different classes and participated in some in my first week or so. Sometimes, on the morning of a class, I would sign up for a class and then change my mind after finding another one that was a better fit for me. What I did not realize is that each time I decided to change my mind I was being charged a minimum of $15.

The website states that changes at least 12 hours in advance are charged a fee, however it does not state what takes place when you make changes to a class on the same day. For those who are brand new to ClassPass and unfamiliar with the app, the process of same-day class changes seems ambiguous.

I have been charged 10 times for a total of $180 and only took 3 classes total. The worse part is there is NO alert or correspondence from ClassPass when making changes to class reservations. I didn't even realize they were charging me ridiculous fees until I went to check my bank statement.

As a first time ClassPass user, with the intent of a "Free" month, and a positive experience, this app and its customer service is AWFUL. After several attempts to reach out asking for even a partial refund for the confusion, ClassPlass refused to help.

So overall, I paid nearly $200 for taking a total of 3 total classes in a 2 week time frame. I highly recommend avoiding ClassPass. They require you to provide your credit card information for a free trial and then proceed to take advantage. I had to cancel and close my credit card to stop the charges from continuing.

madt4
3/25/19

At first I was frustrated trying to contact someone from ClassPass. I tried to contact a customer service personnel about my membership, and while I initially had difficulty reaching someone over email, I received immediate answers from 2 different sources who were both very helpful went I went through the chat on the app itself. They went the extra mile for me, and I am very appreciative. I really enjoyed the Broadway Bodies class I took through ClassPass. New members should know that once you sign on, you will be charged automatically. If you know this, you're in good shape! Don't knock it til you try it!

austinm102
2/20/19

As a studio on the ClassPass platform we have been extremely disappointed in their communication and customer service. We have never had a timely or thorough response to our issues or concerns.

ClassPass purports to help studios by filling spots that would otherwise be unfilled, while we have seen our regular students switching over to ClassPass-- this cheapens our worth and hurts our entire market.

CP likely has low overhead and has been very successful in getting funding for expansion. If they don't shift to have adequate communication with the studios --which are the product-- they will not be successful long term.

sall17
2/14/19

Half of the classes are free classes anyways and you get charged for them if you miss them.
I would not recommend.

katrinas66
2/13/19

Classpass make it very easy to sign up, yet the cancellation process is hidden away. You have to confirm three days before your cycle expires, and even then you have to troll the site to find the link. Following this, you have to speak to a customer service rep on chat to explain why you want to cancel, while being offered 'lite' packages.
Downright scam. Their main income stream would be from members who forget to cancel or just can't be bothered given they make it so difficult.

christinas317
2/4/19

I contracted the flu and cancelled a class 11 hours before the scheduled start time. Because it was less than 12 hours class pass charged me a $15 cancellation fee. Shannon V & Gaelyn were unhelpful and didn't care to help me refund the charge. Rudest, most inconsiderate customer service reps I've ever experienced.

stephanieh141
1/1/19

I showed up for a 6:30am class, and the instructor didn't, so there was no class.. I contacted classpass, instead of being apologetic,they deleted my account and took all of my credits. I've been going back and forth w them for days trying to have my account credits restored. The reps are ill informed, & difficult to communicate effectively with as it's all through email. was looking forward to upping my membership next month because of the variety of classes, but if this issue isn't resolved today I'll permanently cease classpass. It's been a headache

ad139
12/20/18

Do NOT trust ClassPass. Their business model: scam new subscribers until they notice and quit.

Of course they don't provide a customer service phone number -- there would be too many valid claims and concerns. Here is my experience

1) I signed up for the 2 week free trial
2) Before the free trial expires, I try to set my membership to "ClassPass LITE" for $19/month but the website is conveniently down and I am forced to contact customer service.
3) Customer service (Gaelyn C.) personally confirms that my membership is set to $19/month beginning this cycle.
4) Despite the written confirmation I am charged $45.
5) I contact customer service only to be told that there is nothing to be done.

Despite my two friends who BOTH got charged $200 "accidentally" shortly after signing up following their free trials, I stupidly trusted the service. This has truly been a frustrating and horrible experience.

Do yourself a favor and stay away from this scheme.

bings11
12/12/18

When they wanna charge you. they do.
I cancelled my classpass when I still have 25 credits left and I was told I can not use those credits beginning next cycle, which is less than 24 hours.
And the customer service had the worst attitude. Simply "I don't care" thought out the whole conversation.
And often I found if you contact club directly, you might spend less for a class.

Once I signed up for a class but realized the date was wrong, i cancelled within 10 second after booking, $15 charged.

I just can not believe 2018, a start up company still has an attitude like a 90's teen movie.
I will never use classpass again unless they stop making bully rules.

rachelf95
11/7/18

While there are some positives, overall, I have had a negative experience with ClassPass. I like the variety of classes available, however, the customer service of ClassPass is very poor. They do not have a phone number and you have to go through a maze of prompts to send an email with questions or concerns. Both of the times I contacted the company, they were dismissive and robotic and did not resolve the issue at all. I am still trying to get out of my membership and would definitely not recommend signing up. Plus, the studios told me that they feel that ClassPass does not reimburse the participating studios at a fair rate.

andreat117
11/5/18

Classpass is a scam! My friend signed me up for 2 months free membership, I forgot about it and tried cancelling after 2 months was over. They charged me $100 even when I didnt book or attend a single class. First I tried cancelling the membership - their site does not teach you anything abt how to go about cancelling and the app is designed in a way where it isnt easy to look for the unsubscribe' button as well. Had to google how to go about doing it. Then I tried looking for a contact online to ask them for a waiver, only to realise how smart it is for them to not have any contact no that I can call from my country. The only form of communication or feedback was via their email help portals, tried that x3 (once on the app itself, and two other times via my personal email) No reply or acknowledgement whatsoever. I guess they have SUCKED my money. This app is a scam - dont register or sign up because it is a trap. The least they can do is reply to feedback or queries or at least be contactable!!

ih22
10/19/18

ClassPass charge me over $1000 for 10 billing cycles which I notify them to cancel in the first month after free trial period end. This is a ponzi scheme. If they REALLY want to give you free trial, they wont ask you about your credit card number.

Avoid classpass at all cost. It is better for you to spend money on pornhub than this bloodsucking company.

I was having a good experience until I tried to change billing date and things got complicated. I was still billed on date I was trying to change was advised I will need to cancel then reactivate account. Even though I was charged it is showing I don't have any credits. I tried chatting and getting this figured out but I am being told I don't have credits even thought I just paid. I tried cancelling several times and its always a chat nightmare,

By Daisy M.

almost impossible to cancel.. a million hoops to jump through however signing up is extremely easy

By Jonathan C.
Questions? Get answers from the ClassPass staff and other customers.

5 Photos for ClassPass