CheapOair.ca

CheapOair.ca has a consumer rating of 4.4 stars from 684 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally satisfied with their purchases. CheapOair.ca also ranks 2nd among Plane Tickets sites.

• We will certainly use Cheopoair again to book flights.
  • Prices can't be beat and very easy to use the web site.

• I immediately called customer service and explained what happened.
  • BELIEVE I HAVE BEEN BOOKING FLIGHTS WITH THEM AND THEY DO A TERRIBE JOB!
How would you rate CheapOair.ca?

“Great service at a very reasonable price”

Chris D.
9/12/19

I highly recommend cheapOair.ca Great service and good prices. Very easy site to maneuver and very user-friendly also.

“Terrible..if you want to change flights..”

Sanjoy G.
2/6/20

I am scheduled to fly to Hong Kong from Sydney next week. But there is a huge coronavirus scare and the city is practically shut down. I want to cancel my tickets...but the first time I was cut off after 40 minutes of holD. Next time it was 1.5 hours AND i WAS CUT OFF AGAIN..I am right now on my 3rd attempt..and it has been 2 hours plus..and holding..... Never again....Once they have got your money..it is upto you to deal with whatever comes next.

customer service (60) book flights (14) web site (10) ticket price (9) booking flights (9) credit card (14) return flight (7) 5 years (8) flight tickets (4) good service (13) time (151) flight options (5)
sanjoyg
February 6th, 2020
dexterp20
December 29th, 2019
My mother just got double charged by CheapOAir (which she will not be purchasing from again if I have anything to do with it). I spent an hour on the phone with them to get it cleared up. They then tried to slap on a two hundred dollar fee to change the name on the ticket which was right the first time, and messed up the second time due to their buggy online interface. After arguing about this fee, their representative states that we won't be charged, but the fee is coming out of his salary. Businesses like these should be boycotted.
anupama3
April 19th, 2020
Never ever book from this website. I have wasted my hard earned money on them. They are not at all socially responsible.
Neither me nor I will let others buy tickets from these scammers.
irened81
April 3rd, 2020
I received an email said that they had notification from the airline that there has been a schedule change with my flight. I already emailed them back and tried to call them but no one answer.
idowua6
January 24th, 2020
I bought a ticket for a flight from edmonton to lagos nigeria. No ticket was issued despite several calls and promises
tommyb148
April 14th, 2020
THIS COMPANY IS A BIG SCAM

STAY AWAY FROM THEM

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

FILED AN OFFICIAL COMPLAINT T BBB CANADA
ns200
April 17th, 2020
I bought a ticket through cheapoair.ca to fly to Dubia from Kuala Lumpur. Airline changed scheduled flight and I objected to suggested flight schedule and I request to cancel my flight due to conflict in new schedule. I request a call back from Cheapoair but non one has calls. I spent the past week trying to get hold of all telephone numbers and put it through voice message on hold for hours then directed to a disconnect number that leads to hangup my calls.
I strongly discourge anyone to book through Cheapoair. They are not trustworthy people, would rob your money after you complete transactions and then you lose all of your money.
DO NOT EVER BOOK OR BUY TICKET THROUGH THIS WEBSITE. NO ONE WOULD EVER RETURN YOUR CALLS
rafaels74
March 20th, 2019
Yeah i 'll always advanced people no to get tickets to cheapoair they are the most scammers in the entire world please don't do it it's really sad to see another person that works his or her entire life to have a little vacation and have it screwed but this cheap as unprofessional and scammers company. If i had the opportunity to give them zero reviews i would because they deserve that. So You 'll get treated the way you treat your customers. Who about that people ??.
anam272
May 7th, 2019
Waste of time and money!! I will never book them again!
Unfortunately, I didn't read anything on their cancellation policy before I booked. What a mistake! After only two hours from booking, I called their customer services to cancel the ticket and I was sure there will be no fees or any charges in the first 4 hours. I was shocked to hear about their cancellation fees of 75$/ person. But worst of all, the agent kept on arguing that Cheapoair has no choice to charge that fee because of the airline company. It doesn't make sense!! They have no respect for their customers!
mircead1
September 22nd, 2018
This company is a scam! They hide their fees in the price so you do not notice that they charge you 80$ per transaction. There is no cheaper price for the air ticket... you can get the same ticket at the same price or cheaper from the airline web page or any other honest site.
They do not send you an invoice specifically so you do not notice the hidden 80$ charge (it is included in "taxes and fees" )
Of course, customer service is in India... enough said...

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site.... you will be scammed.

nikkif34
June 21st, 2019
I have used Cheapoair about 4-5 times this year so far. I was planning was planning to use this company for the other 3 trips I have planned this year. I will definitely be finding another company from now on. I will also tell everyone of my friends and co-workers who all travel a lot to never use your service again. As well as post on all of my social media sites, and my friends with YouTube channels to keep as much business away from your organization as possible. First of all your customer service department is terrible. I had to stay on hold not once, not twice, not three times, but four times for over an hour. Getting disconnected several times was rather annoying too. Your online system needs a major update as well. It changed not only my flight date but most of personal information as well. Computer errors is one thing but to not fix the errors that your system makes is another. I have never seen a company so poorly ran in all my 45 years. The charges were extremely unnecessary but after multiple phone calls, being on hold for many hours, being disconnected many times, live chat service being non responsive, even corporate supervisors not being able to resolve your failures as a company should have, I have decided otherwise. I have given up too much wasted time, effort and my hard earned money to ever spend another dime with you poor excuse for a company. I will be booking my next flights and my families flights with a more organized and efficient company. I would say thank you for your time but I feel that no thanks should ever being given to a company so poorly ran.
uzmab
July 20th, 2019
Due to my mother's sudden diagnosis of terminal cancer they refused to help in making changes with the return flight. The policy about this situation on their website is misleading and very inhumane when it comes time to ask for help in a desperate situation!
shaquallep
June 25th, 2017
It's been very good in helping me find the lowest and best fares. Being a college student especially I can't afford to do anything too expensive. Also in a time of family emergency, I was able to change my ticket date to a time period where I was able to be with my sick family member before they passed away. A heart felt review and a heart felt thank you, will be sure to use Cheapoair in the future.
starlag4
October 18th, 2019
I ordered comfort tickets for my husband. From Montreal to Fort St John. I ordered comfort because they had free first bag of luggage and free preferred seating. After i had paid $245 over the price for basic economy, i received an email the next day saying they were refunding me $16.88 as the seats were not available as the flight company (Air Canada) had blocked those seats. I called customer service and they explained if i wanted preferred they could do that for an extra $97. I explained i had paid for comfort and they agreed but said that did not include preferred seating. They also informed me that my husband just had to ask for those seats when he got to the airport. NOT only was this a lie, when my husband showed up at airport they told him he had no seat and would have to sit and wait to see if they had any available seats left. When i checked his ticket stub the Air Canada lady had handed him it said (basic economy). I was furious that i paid for an upgraded ticket of comfort and they gave him a basic. Of course the company would take no blame for anything!!!!! They are frauds and liars and i will make sure to tell every one i know how much of a scam this company is!!!!
patriciap330
January 3rd, 2019
I foolishly booked airline tickets with cheapoair, assuming they bought blocks of tickets early and sold them at a discount. I just checked flight prices for my flight - directly with United airlines and it is $170 cheaper for each of us just for the flight. The company added an additional $80 fee for booking the flight for us. Do not use this company! Book your flights directly with the airline. I am not looking for a refund. I foolishly approved this without doing my own research. I just wanted to warn others of this scam business. I have included copies of my cheapoair booking below and screenshots taken from United Airlies booking site today.
calumc3
May 28th, 2018
Booked my ticket on a Fri, received the confirmation screens and emails.
They proceeded to spam me with emails offering hotels and car rentals over that weekend. So naturally, I ignored their emails. Then Monday they emailed saying that my booking wasn't secure, that they needed to talk. I noticed this email 2.5 hours before my flight departure when trying to log into their site to check-in. Turns out they had cancelled my ticket! To add insult to injury, I had to put up with their Indian customer disservice, where their 'supervisor' wasn't much better than his staff. I travel for a living and have used the same card with tens of other flight websites and companies over the years - never once an issue. So there's no valid reason for their not processing my payment, or for them contacting my bank directly.

I ended up having to spend my day on a bus. Is your flight worth risking not flying?
danield302
June 10th, 2018
Worse customer service ever! Impolite Indian agents will answer your calls. Different answers on the same inquiry. Make simple things complicated. Will never ever buy tickets from this company!
chrisd654
September 12th, 2019
I highly recommend cheapOair.ca
bettyn44
April 4th, 2019
After I arrived Toronto, I opened my luggage to check if my stuffs are still there cos I didn't lock it but I paid for check in and they took it in. I lost my two eye glasses and my hair curl iron. Smh.
karama5
September 22nd, 2018
I opened the Canadian website www.cheapoair.ca
looked at the flight I wanted. The price was very tempting. On the right top corner of the page it said "prices displayed in Canadian dollar.
I booked, I get the same price.
I check my credit card, it' over charged by $ 400. I called and they explained to me it was a USD amount and my booking was from www.cheapoair.com.
I talked to 4 customer service people, one transferred me to another.
An hour and a half over the phone and the best they could offer was cancel my ticket and rebook another one in Canadian price. The ticket they offered was so $#*!ty and expensive. I said give me my money back but they said to cancel there is cancellation fees for each ticket as I booked 2.
Horrible horrible experience, I don't want anyone to go through what I went through.
Brutal customer service, they all tried to convince me I booked on the dot com not the dot ca website. I asked them to open two different pages one for the Canadian website and one for the American and look up similar route as my ticket.
The Canadian website gave them the exact same amount which I saw when I booked. And yet they tried to convince me that I booked from the US website.
MY browser history says www.cheapoair.ca but they keep telling me it was www.cheapoair.com !
anmols1
February 9th, 2018
worst service ever. I booked a flight with them and have the so called"price match promise " When I called to match the price the rep told me would you be paying extra if the price goes up. Is that the price match promise is ?? !! not getting tickets from them anymore
oswaldh27
July 6th, 2018
Just to warn you if you ever have to cancel a flight and then rebook. Cheapo will send you an email saying you get credit for most of your flight (minus some small Cheapo admin fee ~$20) and you "agree to pay an airline penalty of $100.00 CAD per person plus fare difference if any". Here's the catch though. In calculating the fare difference Cheapo does NOT use whatever the new fare is on their or the airline's website. They use some other "rebooking" fare rate which only they know. In my case, even though the website showed the new fares were lower than my cancelled fare, I ended up having to paying over $200 instead of the $100. In total for my wife and I cancelling and rebooking a round trip flight, instead of paying $400 in cancellation fees ($100 per person per direction) we had to pay $800 ($400 cancellation + "rebooking" fare difference) for flights that were actually cheaper on the website than the original flight. It's a rip off !!
CustomerService C. – CheapOair Rep
Case closed.
eb580
February 18th, 2017
Worst experience ever. Just wanted to cancel my booking and they gave a hard time. Lots of penalty on top of the airline penalty.
wendyc299
September 1st, 2019
we bought a ticket when my father-in-law had a stroke and made SURE that we checked off the cancellation insurance as we knew we might need to change the dates of return. The cancellation insurance took a while to finish going through and I did not want to exit the site until I knew we had it confirmed so I called a cheapoair service rep and explained that we needed the cancellation insurance and why and she said "no problem, it is showing your purchse on my end so go ahead and exit the site". She did warn us to make sure we checked with our cc company as it was a pending transaction. We did and all was well. BUT cheapoair refused to honor this, and more or less stole our return ticket and the insurance they suggest (even while waiting on hold) that you purchase. After 3 hours on hold and various attempts by both my husband and I, we gave up. Based on there arguements against allowing us to make a change in flights, it appears you need to purchase TWO, yes TWO cancellation insurances in order to change your ticket. BIGGEST CHEAPSKATES ever. Guess that is where the name comes from. We have DONATED our ticket and insurance to them as obviously they seem desparate enough for the money that they find it necessary to scam customers even after their service rep tells you all is in order. My whole family will have to return now for the funeral but there will be NO WAY we would EVER book with them again. Enjoy your little reward CHEAPO as you lost much more than you gained with us!!
renatab7
May 23rd, 2016
CheapOair has the worst costumer service, that I have experienced.
I booked a hotel reservation on line and today I was trying to call the number provided on my receipt, to cancel the reservation. They are eager to help if it is a reservation, but soon as they hear the word cancellation, they transfer your call for ever from one representative to another. It has been for over 1.5 H and I still haven't spoken to the "hotel team" to cancel. It makes me feel, that there is a scheme going on ...
CustomerService C. – CheapOair Rep
Renata, sorry to hear of your recent experience calling into the office. We have prompts that you need to select when you call into the office, you had been selecting the wrong departments, therefore it was necessary to transfer you to the department that could best handle your cancellation request. I do see that you did get in touch with our hotel team, and the hotel did get canceled for you.

These guys are a team of scammers. Even I am trying to get my refund. Try calling their headoffice in Ontario

By Anupam A.

Are you in canada?

Yes, I am. Any problem with that.? Or are you feeling lonely and need a few friends.?

By Anupam A.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the CheapOair.ca staff and other customers.

CustomerService C.
Typically responds within 3 days

How do I know I can trust these reviews about CheapOair.ca?

Have a question about CheapOair.ca?