CapBeast

CapBeast has a consumer rating of 2.69 stars from 134 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. CapBeast also ranks 7th among Hats sites. The most common issues with CapBeast are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• CAP BEAST is an awesome place to order your custom hat.
  • I was really happy with the quality despite the turnaround time.

• "Nick" the customer service rep ensured me that the order was in the process, but production was running behind.
  • Their website says it may take up to 3 weeks for your order to get shipped.
How would you rate CapBeast?

“It was pretty good”

Micah L.
6/18/19

It was pretty good. I was really happy with the quality despite the turnaround time. But, honestly it's worth the wait.

“Scam Alert”

Darrin D.
7/31/19

SCAM ALERT !!! Do Not Use This company. They have a fancy looking website, and their prices are really high, so you think they will be legit. I did. I placed two separate orders, a customized flex fit ball cap, and a customized foam front trucker hat. They took over $113 from me, for these two orders. Wow!! I'm a fool, right? Wait, (it gets better) no seriously wait, you will wait and wait and wait. Their website says it may take up to 3 weeks for your order to get shipped. After 6 weeks, I suspected there was a problem. First you call, and nobody answers the phone. Then you email, and they will respond,.with phony excuses and empty promises. "We are so sorry, there has been a delay, your order is next in line, we will give you 10% off." a week later "We are so sorry, we had some changes in the production facility, I am bumping your order to the top of the list, and will give you 15% off." (yes, I've kept all the emails. nice little paper trail of dishonesty they provided for me) After 8 weeks, no shipping confirmation, no refund of any amount to my credit card, I demand they cancel my order and provide a full refund. (it's at this point I am suspecting this is some type of fraud, so I googled the words "is capbeast a legit company". I recommend you do the same. It's shocking how many websites, display hundreds of complaints from other people that have been ripped off just like me.) I receive email confirmation of cancelation, and then, haha, the next day, another email claiming my hats are ready for shipping and they will request a 40% refund for me, they just need my permission to send them???? B.S. My permission? I ordered the hats, you took my money, send them! They don't. I again demand a full refund. They say they will comply 2 more weeks go by, with no refund. I contact my credit card company, and they tell me no refunds have been issued, and it would only take about three days tops, if a refund was initiated. Sooooo, back to the email. They tell me they issued the refund a week after my cancellation (a lie), and I should have it any day. This website is a rip off. They stole my money. Do not use. Now, here is some GOOD NEWS I found two other online entities that created the hats for me at a fraction of the price, and shipment was fast! As a matte of fact, I was able to order and receive my hats in less time than capbeast took to lie to me about my refund. (placed new order the day my cancellation email arrived, and received hats about the time they claimed to have processed my refund,which still has not arrived) For a customized FlexFit ball cap, go to Promotique.com they are part of VistaPrint. Hat looks great, arrived in less than a week, and cost me about $24 including shipping instead of the $66 stolen from me by capbeast. For a customized Foam Front trucker cap, go to Customizedgirl.com. Again, hat looks great, arrived in less than a week, and cost me about $18 including shipping instead of the $47 stolen from me by capbeast. And, by the way, as of today, typing this review, it's been over 10 weeks since I ordered from capbeast, and over 2 weeks since they confirmed my cancelation, I have received no hats, nor any dollar amount of refund. Shop elsewhere.

customer service (30) order (99) refund (42) custom hat (15) hat (51) 6 weeks (13) billing department (6) 2 months (6) hats (36) 10 weeks (5) 3 weeks (5) 4-6 weeks (5)
dp334
February 20th, 2020
Never done this before but these people are a fake company. Never got my order from 2018. 2018!!!! Tried talking with them... they just kept giving me bs answers that they never followed through with. First time reviewing something like this for a company so you know I mean it. Do not order from them.

Tip for consumers: Don’t buy from them.

dereke32
February 18th, 2020
Scam. They must've figured out that the people who aren't ordering volume aren't going to bother going to small claims court. Contacted them after a month of my order pending and they told me I'd hear from them as soon as there was progress. I contacted them again after 2 months after seeing other reviews of people claiming they were still waiting after 6 months with no information from Capbeast. They couldn't give me a substantive answer of when my order would be ready so I asked for a refund. After two weeks I contacted them and told them I hadn't received my refund and was told I was to be upgraded to high priority with the billing department. A week later I still haven't received a refund and don't expect I ever will. As nice as their staff appear to be I suspect their real job to say anything to keep you on the hook.
vincenth91
February 18th, 2020
Total Scam!!!! No product after horrible communication. All previous complaints on all other review sites say the same things. Wish i would've reviewed before donating my money to these thieves.This is a fuqin SCAM!!!! After 6-7 weeks without any product or correspondence we decided to ask for a refund and investigate other peoples experience with capbeast.com. Lets just say these people should face jail time for theft. They delete all comments on all of their social media accts because they are all negative reviews and then they will block your access to their accts. Had to dig deep on the web just to find out who owns the company because the phone numbers and address given by the company and its CSR's (cassie and emma)...likely bots ran by zendesk.... One of the owners college buddies companies...are fraudulent also. SAAD M. MALICK.....You will be held accountable.

Tip for consumers: Dont!!!

wadet26
February 17th, 2020
Do not order from these slimebags! They will take your money with no intentions of giving you product or paying you back. Total Scam! We need to get their website pulled so others don't make the same mistake.
chazl5
February 12th, 2020
UPDATE: After reaching out two more times with no luck on obtaining the refund, I reported the transaction through Paypal. They were able to assist in getting my refund (always use Paypal - they are amazing!!) After my terrible experience and reading so many others, I've reported Cap Beast and their public address to the Federal Trade Commission (ftccomplaintassistant.gov), The Quebec Consumer Protection Bureau (opc.gouv.qc.ca /consommateur/probleme-commercant/etapes/), and BBB. Would recommend others with bad experiences to do the same. DO NOT BUY!!

I echo my experience with the others - DO NOT BUY! Immediately after waiting their advertised time for my purchase, I asked for a refund. They said it was "due to overload in production" and tried to offer me discounts, but I asked for the refund instead. They said "We respect your decision and will cancel the order, we'll transfer payment details to billing department for full refund, please note, that it may take up to 7 b/days to actually appear back to your balance." After 10 business days including two holidays (over two weeks total), still haven't seen anything come through. Customer service said "I'll send a reminder to the billing department, asking them to prioritize this matter, and it should be taken care of soon." Shouldn't that be priority already??? Terrible company.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY - If you somehow decide you do want to buy, use Paypal or another service that has fraud protections and can get you your money back.

cormacb7
January 27th, 2020
I placed an order with Capbeast for 15 hats, in September 2018 - it took until December 2019 for them to fulfil my order. They offered me a partial refund in August 2019 and again in December 2019 but never actually fulfil it.

I worry for other customers of Capbeast as it seems like issue is widespread.

I have called to speak with Francis Fitzgerald but never managed to be connected to him via phone or email.

The issues continue - 16 months after my first basic order...
gabrielp91
January 20th, 2020
I'll upload the screenshots of the conversations I had with them.

I put in my order 17 August 2019. I didn't receive a purchase confirmation email so I thought something went wrong with the payment process, but I received a text from my bank authorising the purchase. So I emailed them to confirm if payment went through, they replied (usually only 2 people emailing, Cassie and Emma), confirming payment went through and that in 2 weeks time I'd have an update on my order.

Some weeks went by and nothing, and I went on holidays. When I came back, still nothing. So I emailed them, requesting updates. They said everything was OK and it would soon be in production and would update me in a few weeks time. Again, no updates from them.

I had to email them asking what's happening with my order. This is when I'm informed there has been a slight delay with the production of the hat, and that the digitisation of the design was all done. I waited a few more weeks and still, no updates from them. I had to ask (again) what's up with my order, and if there was an approximate date the hat was ready. No approximate nor estimated date was given, they apologised for the delay (in that they are experts in, apologising), and that my order was pushed to the front of the line.

This is when I started asking information about their refund policy. They offered me a partial refund of 15% which was no good at all since I paid for express shipping and 1 month and 12 days had gone since I ordered my hat (they say 4 to 6 weeks in their website). The 15% refund of a 108$ purchase is about 16$, I paid 40$ for express shipping (20$ more than regular shipping), which means the 15% refund didn't even cover for the extra I paid for express shipping.

After telling them I'm not happy with that arrangement and all I wanted was a date, which they failed to provide one time and time again, they tell me they have good news and that the hat was ready and is sitting in the shipping department to be sent in a couple of days. I was happy. But it was brief. 2 days pass and nothing. 3 days pass and nothing. I send them an email asking if my order has been shipped.

I get a email saying there was some confusion about the country destination but it was resolved and the hat would be shipped in a few days and they'd send me the tracking code. A few days pass and nothing (as usual). I gave them 2 extra weeks as I was busy with work and uni. Nothing. So I email them about this and I get yet another generic apology. I told them that the next email either be my tracking code or I want my money back.

They agreed on giving me a full refund and cancel my order at this point, saying it would take up to 7 business days for the money to appear back in my account. 8 business days had gone by and nothing so I email them again, they apologise again with the same excuse "I too would be frustrated if I had to deal with this", blablabla. That didn't work for me, I kept pushing on my refund and keep in mind, since ordering and paying, 3 months had gone by, and no hat, no refund. They said they'd put it in a couple of days. So 2 days gone by, this time rather than going to emails, I went to their website to live chat with them.

It's interesting, the day I decided to live chat, I asked them if my refund has been processed, they said they were going text the billing department to enquire about this. I told them I don't think CapBeast is that big of a company where communication in between departments is such a lengthy and complicated ordeal. They throw in a few more excuses.

At this point I'm beyond fed up. It's 2020 already and I'm still dealing with these guys. So I ask them for their main office address. They give it to me, but it was incomplete. I google mapped the address and it showed a medical clinic. So I confront them. That's when they finally give me the complete address (it was missing the lote number for the office), with that address I was able to pull out all sorts of files for the company, including a registry of the business, past names the business had (like Mr Stiches), and all sorts of interesting things about them. I shared all this information with them to let them know I know who they are, where they are and how to reach them. 2 days later I got my refund.

5 months dealing with this incompetent business and all they could tell me was "yeah this isn't the right way to deal with an order, there's ups and downs for everyone and we're on a down". It was mainly excuses and promises of doing better in the future. What a load of crap. I'd be very cautious ordering from them. Reading the negative reviews, I had exactly the same experience: no updates, delays on multiple stages of production and shipping, delays on refunds. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.
adrianw79
January 16th, 2020
What a scam.
I paid. I waited. After 6 weeks I called and asked where my order is and it was in the queue. 2 weeks later it was also there. So I cancelled since my holiday gift to my nephew was still in the queue on christmas day. Cancellation policy takes up to 7 days I was told. After seven days, 5 emails and 3 phone calls I have no refund. Who the hell takes 6 weeks to embroider 1 color on 2 caps??? Search locally people. A local company just got it done for me in a week. It was cheaper too. Being a small business owner, I've dealt with shady companies like this before. They're pretty slick. I hope not for long because too many people are getting screwed.
melissab800
January 2nd, 2020
I ordered a hat back in September of 2019. After 6 weeks of waiting, I was informed they had a production issue and my order would be sent out within a week. Oh, by the way, I am the one who had to reach out to them as they do not inform anyone! That was back in November of 2019! I reached out again today Jan 2 2020 with the same response, it is ready for shipment and should be there within a week. I said, no thank you and sent a full refund ASAP. Cassie said I would receive an email for the refund. Said that takes another 7-10 business days. C'mon, this place is a rip off!! I can't believe that Cassie actually gave me this website to do a review! Has she NOT seen all the horrible comments! Just WOW!!
nicholep20
December 31st, 2019
Promised customized trucker hats in 4-6 weeks. Paid in full for 60 of them back in September. We should have received our order on November 11, 2019.
Still haven't seen the product and though they have said they will refund the money over email we still have not been refunded $1, 300. We have decided to take legal action. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THIS COMPANY.
joanp203
December 30th, 2019
CapBeast has been the most disappointing retail-experience IN MY LIFE. I was really excited about getting my company's hat, I ordered in July, I even was happy that they reached out to me with some suggestions to adjust the design. 5 months and many back-and-forth emails and calls later and I decided to cancel my order and request a refund. Now... I've been waiting for my refund for a month, and still haven't received it. I wonder if there were enough of us to do a class action lawsuit?
DO NOT BUY from this company.
stephaniek252
December 26th, 2019
0 Stars.
Total scam company. Gives ship times of 4-6 weeks, no hat 15 weeks later. Says because of holidays production is behind. Asked for order to be cancelled 3 times. Finally they obliged. Contacted asking when refund will be issued. Says because of holidays BILLING is behind. Liars, scam artists. Will be reporting company to the BBB and not giving up getting my money back.
henrya102
December 23rd, 2019
I Placed an order on 10.12.19 for 2 hats with 3 letters at its smallest print, regretfully not reading reviews before hand. Today is 12.23.19-No hats !! Cassie and Emma are great at apologizing and "doing their best" but unfortunately in the real world it does not work that way. I canceled my order and went directly to my bank for my money back. They had the audacity to say refunds take a week plus additional business days ... Did they really think that their time frame would be legit after all these weeks. They could have at least honored my money back immediately. I had to put 1 Star in order to place this review but No stars is accurate
rosak13
December 18th, 2019
Terrribleee experience. 5 months and it's all excusesss. Shut this company down it's so embarrassing
michelles1019
December 17th, 2019
No product over 4 months. Emailing with cassie who just continued to reassure me that they were a bit backed up and it would ship soon, but last correspondence she stated it should be done within a week, that was over a month ago now. Further research shows that it is associated with a monsieur stitches inc based in Montreal Canada. There is a website for a mrstitches.com. I am unsure if they are the same company or if capbeast is a scam. DONT ORDER FROM THEM
brittanyh134
December 10th, 2019
No product and no refund after emailing with Emma/Cassie or robot for over 7 months now. I can't believe this company can do this to people. Please do not spend any of your hard earned money with this fraudulent company.
spencers56
December 9th, 2019
I ordered from this company without researching the reviews before hand. Every Review on this site is 100% accurate. I can not speak to the product itself as after 16 weeks I still have nothing to show for it. No Hats, No Refund, Nothing. At this point in time I dont believe I will get anything back in return and hope this review saves some people some time, money and frustration.
toms908
December 4th, 2019
I placed my order placed Aug 3. After complaining, they offered 15% credit offered on Oct 30. Neither has been delivered as of December 4th. Called and asked for a complete refund. Also not delivered

Tip for consumers: Do not use this business.

angrya16
December 3rd, 2019
This is a scam 4 months and still no product and all I get from customer service is "we don't know when it's coming" and lied about ETAs
stevej362
November 23rd, 2019
Their website says you can expect to receive your order within 4 weeks. After 10 weeks of waiting for 1 hat, I called and cancelled my order. I was then told my credit card would be credited for a full refund within 1 week. It has now been more than a month and I still have not received a refund. Do not trust anything this vendor says.
noahp46
November 21st, 2019
I ordered TWO hats at the beginning of AUGUST! It is now almost DECEMBER! ABSOLUTELY EMBARRRRRASSSSING!!! Definitely considering a lawsuit as their website guarantees 4 weeks or less. These two hats better be PERFECT. I am soo soo mad. They should be shut down.
roberts2275
November 3rd, 2019
Small businesses beware!!! I never in my life experienced such an awful company before. Treated poorly and was dismissed. I ordered a bunch of hats for my business back in November 2018. Its now one day before November 2019 and still NO HATS! Throughout the course of the entire year I have been in contact with their customer service via email and continually been told they were looking into it. I was given false expectations in every email.
It was comical and I could not believe the level of service. I finally requested my order be canceled after the 100th time they said I would get it in a week and never did. Now the process has started over and I'm NOT receiving a refund. NO HATS AND THEY STOLE MY MONEY!!! Cant make this up. I'm contacting BBB and whoever else could potentially help me.
chelseas91
November 2nd, 2019
Horrible, horrible experience. I ordered two hats (same design) over 10 weeks ago and still have not received them. I have contacted customer support via email and phone multiple times and they informed me that due to high volume, production has been delayed. They said that I would receive update emails as my order moved along in production but I have not received ONE update email. Any time I contact them for an update they say "it's in production but we don't have an ETA." This morning, I received an email saying that it will likely be another 1-2 weeks until I receive my order. IF I get it in two weeks, it will have been over three months since I placed the order.

If you're THAT backed up in production, I have a few suggestions for you:
1. stop taking new orders
2. hire more people
3. figure out your production line slow-downs and update your processes
4. stop promising people that their order will be ready in 4-6 weeks
sandral395
October 27th, 2019
I wasn't expecting too much but the baseball hat that I ordered looked great. The logo looked like something I would buy in a store. Lost a star because the wait was longer than expected.
ronc292
October 27th, 2019
It took them long enough to ship my order but once I finally received it I was very impressed. Next time I order I will make sure to give more time in advance.

This company is a scam because they do not deliver the product in the promised time and when requesting a refund they will not give it to you as promised.

By James P.