Review of Canva

Canva reviews

2010

karenw153
2/13/19

The free version of Canva was very good. Easy to learn; used it to make flyers and social media posts at my past library job. But as of Jan 2019, they now charge for stuff that used to be free. For example, it's now $1 to download a PDF of your own design...yet there's no discernible onscreen way to buy it. (Hello, web design fail!) Then I foolishly signed up for the Canva for Work option. Want to cancel it? Nice try! Any "business" that relies on e-forms on their website for ALL communication; sets said e-forms to take far too long to actually send; and then takes 2 WEEKS to reply to said e-form is a scam, IMO. FWIW, I've tried to contact them via their e-form system at https://support.canva.com on 2 different machines (home laptop + my more powerful work machine). In the screenshot below, Canva's e-form has literally been spinning in "now sending" mode for 58 minutes!! If you expect me to pay $ to use your "service" as a "subscriber", then give me a reliable, genuine way to contact you. Looks like I'll be joining the line of folks filing disputes with their CC companies.

peterf228
2/4/19

Nice toy, nothing more, nothing less. The free version is fine for some playing around, but if you get serious on design you better join Adobe CC. More expensive, but don't forget if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.But even the price is not peanuts.

Tip for consumers: Stick to the free version and learn adobe illustrator or Corel draw

bradleyd43
1/22/19

This sucked. Order business cards and never received it. They also removed my order's history. 1 star is still too much.

laras54
1/18/19

Items that clearly state they are free, and no, they are not free. You have to pay the credit. Then fight the rude customer service people to get your money back!!! Con artists through and through.

dongzt
12/11/18

Really a waste of time and effort trying to go through the unintuitive site where you have to mindlessly click and reclick many many many times just to perform a single action.

alov
11/29/18

At first I thought I was losing my mind, but after carefully testing it, I realized Canva changes minute details of your text or design while saving. Great way to look stupid even after reviewing and editing!

phils168
11/5/18

Bought membership so my daughter can use her Ipad but now the updated version will only work in portrait mode on an ipad.... Cannot use it - Want my money back

julianm91
10/27/18

I did the free trial and found the software to be just what I needed to create a collage of photo at very high resolution print quality. The cloud based approach worked well for me with good web connectivity which I have. I am not a professional so decided not to take on the subscription, however I found it a bit tricky to unsubscribe from the website (not possible via the app). Unfortunately whilst working this out I was charged for a month subscription. Trying to recover this situation was concerning as the website does not seem to offer a button to cancel (just goes back to options to have a monthly or annual subscription) and the latency in their servers makes you wait to process a complaint...seemingly to the point they are trying to avoid complaints (which I later found not to be the case). I was wondering if I had been scammed and was very concerned about the posts in this website. Subsequently I sent a responding email to my billing, requesting a refund and account closure and also I managed to get a complaint through online. Either way, within 30mins I had 3 emails back. One issuing a refund, Two cancelling my account and Three from customer service following up my case. On that basis I am pretty confident I will get my refund back and will not be charged further (I will update if not the case). I would certainly give Canva a chance based on my experience. It has made me think twice about giving my credit card details over online though and next time would use PayPal if that was an option. Also I suggest that Canva look at this website and try to respond to some of the complaints which are quite serious accusations about their company.

ambere37
10/19/18

Its unbelievable how many glitches this program has. There are so many things that dont work and when you contact them they take forever to get back to you only to say were working on it. Just spent an hour redoing some text only to lose all of it after several saves because the program is stupid. All I did was hit control z three times and it erased hours of work and text, 100's of words. Tried to redo and nothing happened!!!! F u canva. This is what I get for not knowing photoshop. Oh yeah I've been paying for this crap.

This type of stuff happens all the time. It's a mess, clunky, not well thought out for the paying service.

davidm1615
10/7/18

$12.95 to remove my card?! HELL NAW I'll pay it, then I will leave Canva for good. I am no longer using their services to make stuff.
SCAM
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE TO CREATE PICTURES

Tip for consumers: Do not add your credit/debit card before your trial ends.... they will make you pay $12.95USD for a removal fee of your invoices..

michelleg350
10/4/18

I still haven't heard back 4 days later and this is a pretty big ongoing issue for them. That tells me they don't value their customers or create how it affects our lives. Disgusting.

meredithm39
10/4/18

Over charged over and over again. Each time you attempt to use this site they charge $10 sometimes twice for the same image. Absolutel rip off! DO NOT USE

rickier9
9/13/18

Tried 3 times purchasing the $10 gets 11 credits and each time I get 1 credit for $10 ?NO PHONE SUPPORT, OR REAL EMAIL SUPPORT. They lie saying we will email you back. STAY FAR AWAY.

jussikesem
9/10/18

Had to use this for a schools project. The whole class hated it and so did I. The scaling is terrible and the graphs have the mind of their own.

martinv41
9/4/18

There are NO $1.00 purchases on this site. None. They're 10 bucks.
Too bad because the software has some potentially cool features.

Don't waste your time and money on this site

grierr
9/2/18

I set up an account with this awful site for a moment about 9 months ago. Since that time I have cancelled it more times than I care to remember, and still every month there is a charge to my credit card. Multiple emails to their non-existent customer service and STILL a monthly charge. Called AMEX to block the charges ... and still a monthly charge. STAY AWAY!!

christopherc281
9/1/18

These guys are con-artists. $1 for an icon AFTER signing up to the business plan? Nope! They cost 10 dollar each! This is missing everywhere from the purchase page. So sneaky...

garrettg26
7/25/18

Entrapping design to make you pay more. The picture said 1 usd but when I went to remove watermark it switched the wording to credits and it appeared the minimum was $10 dollars. Thinking that I would have credits leftover I purchased it. Turns out I paid 10 dollars for a watermark removal. Well it get's worst. Typically this is just a miscommunication or misunderstanding and can easily be fixed. Well not with canva, they want every penny they can get. The attitude when I emailed was guarding and defensive and they fell pack on their stupid policies and terms of use 9.2 blah blah blah. Shady behaviour instead of offering good customer service and adjusting the price.

idrianr
7/17/18

Had trouble setting up account. 24 hr turn around. Hmm. Trouble finding whether or not I can make a cover for a paperback book. Multiple email requests for help. No response. The site "book cover" is for e-books only. Terrible business model.

silviaa21
6/29/18

No pongan sus datos de tarjetas de credito en la pagina web or por la aplicacion, son unos estafadores.

reinap2
6/14/18

How they got me ok so I called in to let them know I was not able to print my flyer or share it and I needed some help not even in print preview would Not be able to see the whole page. When I called I got foreign man telling ok I need you to log on to this web page and I can help after I explained probably 5mins or half my situation I thought he knew what he was doing. Then he logs on takes over my computer and tells me I have many viruses on my computer that explains why I can not print (b.s.), I knew off the back it was (b.s) he went ahead and told me I need to give him my last name and email which he should be able to pull up since I am a memeber and he needed a visa or master card. Why because he would be charging me $199 to get rid of my viruses. At this point I was pissed I told him I called for a printing issues and I know my computer was not detected with a virus for sure and I was recently hacked on Facebook humm very suspect. So I told him I wanted to speak to someone in customer service he yelled at me and told me NO !!! And said good bye have a nice day..!. Please explain to me wtf is going on because I am highly scared I changed all my passwords and account info due to this incident.

kims447
6/6/18

Was very excited to use this and thought it might be the missing piece to my real estate business. I use similar sites to create flyers. Nothing seemed to load or be changed out easily and although I spent a significant amount of time on it, never ended up with anything I could use. Getting my money back.

amberlyk
5/31/18

Full of glitches, and there is absolutely NO customer service. I attempted to contact Canva twice, and asked to be followed up with... I am still waiting!

arthurb58
5/10/18

The reason I gave it a one-star rating is due to the fact that when I try signing up, the buttons on the home page do not work, therefore I can't even so much as provide an email address.

alexiss71
5/8/18

copy and paste always screws up somehow, very slow, glitch, the only reason to go on it is because of its templates. the editing and designing process however is a nightmare

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Canva staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Canva