Review of Canva

Canva reviews

2010

melissas524
8/11/19

Unfortunately I had a terrible experience with this company. I notice that most positive reviews are from Australia, but as a UK customer I was properly put through the ringer. I took a 'free trial' with this company for my small business, but the designs weren't professional enough for me and so I cancelled the trial and moved to another website which served my needs better. Despite cancelling my trial Canva proceeded to take funds from my account. On writing to them, as they have no contact number if you're based in the UK, I received an email from their customer services stating someone would be in touch, that was many weeks ago, and despite emailing them repetitively they have now ignored all my emails and kept the money they illegally took from me. Nice customer service.
I don't usually write reviews, never mind negative ones, but this company behaved in such a disreputable way that I wanted to warn others. Particularly if you're a UK customer, I would avoid as there's no way of contacting them and they will ignore your emails I assure you. Think twice before you sign up with them, there are so many companies out there doing the same thing, but better.

kl445
8/9/19

I like the Canva tool, and used it quite a bit for a month or so. I don't like they way their autorenewal feature works, which renewed me for a year without warning. They have claimed I was on the "old" system and this is no longer the case, but I'm still disappointed that I had to jump through the hoops I did. I hope they find a way to clean it up for other customers.

marcr93
8/1/19

Try as I might, I cannot get anyone to help be delete an account. The online instructions do not match the website and I keep getting emails from Canva asking me to rate them! SCAM. TOTAL SCAM. Reported to the Better Business Bureau for all the good that does and got my IT department to black list them

blakep16
7/27/19

Canva.com is a big scam. When you upload something, it will somehow bring in a 404 error and hard work goes to waste. Do NOT go to canva.com.

bonniec150
7/17/19

I came across other visual communication tools like Visme and Piktochart that are way better than Canva. Yeah, Canva might have some good features here and there, but Visme and Piktochart help me create content that is UNIQUE... everyone has Canva and created the same thing, like you can tell who uses Canva lol

feonaj
7/13/19

Canva was really inconvenient and not easy to use. Waaaay easier is GIMP. its free and a lot more control and you dont need to use bad templates.

frankf248
5/24/19

it is a $#*! thing that never should have been made again it is $#*! like the only person who can and would design this is a major $#*!

peterm693
5/1/19

I downloaded the Canva free trial and later the same day removed myself. They have limited capabilities and for the same price as Adobe creative cloud. My main issue is that I can not contact them by phone and I can't seem to find their email either.

reaganp4
4/19/19

The fact that you have to pay for most of the defining features like resizing the image is pretty disappointing, because the sizes for a lot of the templates are really hard to use. I'd Resizing text and images is really hard and sensitive. I would not recommend, I'd rather use Google slides or some random app you could download on your phone.

lucass85
4/16/19

I was charged incorrectly one day before my annual plan finish. The plan was automatically renewed without a single email informing me about the same, there was not even a reminder email saying that it will be renewed automatically, this is completely wrong and no site can do that without confirmation from the person.

christiel26
4/11/19

Canva's switch to Canva 2.0 is terrible, to say the least. Everything from the functionality to the document layout has been changed/re-designed. The document layout redesign is visually unappealing. New features that are problematic:

-Document rename (used to be able to do this on the top menu bar)
-Zoom function (you have to hold the button down)
-New layout edit bars covers design workspace so you cannot see the changes you are making as you are making them
-Can no longer easily delete multiple items at once
-Image resizing is terribly fickle (can only resize from corners)
-If you click on text that happens to be at the bottom of the page, the page and cursor automatically goes to the top of the text in the text box and so you have to use the keyboard down button
-Everyone is complaining about the new costs

Canva should go back to the earlier version - the only thing they should've fixed was the scroll buttons (made it easier to see/use) and added a this new search option.

nehemiahm3
3/15/19

I can literally upload an image from google that is EXACTLY the same as the ones that cost money!!!! That is so stupid!!!!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT!!!!!

johna1242
3/11/19

I registered for a free trial just for grins for myself, not a company and ended up never up using it - and yet these people just charged me $119. for a full subscription! Now i can't get anyone's attention to reverse it!

fucky113
3/5/19

OK SO THIS $#*!ING WEBSITE WILL FUKING ASK ME TO PAY 1 $#*!ING DOLLER FOR A $#*!ING FREE IMAGE THAT YOU CAN FIND ON GOOGLE SIROSLY WHY THE $#*! DO I HAVETO PAY FOR A PICTURE OF A $#*!ING APPLE

sarac195
2/26/19

thank you for such a wonderful opportunity to make an ideal images for my own blog! It's simple to use and free

karenw153
2/13/19

The free version of Canva was very good. Easy to learn; used it to make flyers and social media posts at my past library job. But as of Jan 2019, they now charge for stuff that used to be free. For example, it's now $1 to download a PDF of your own design...yet there's no discernible onscreen way to buy it. (Hello, web design fail!) Then I foolishly signed up for the Canva for Work option. Want to cancel it? Nice try! Any "business" that relies on e-forms on their website for ALL communication; sets said e-forms to take far too long to actually send; and then takes 2 WEEKS to reply to said e-form is a scam, IMO. FWIW, I've tried to contact them via their e-form system at https://support.canva.com on 2 different machines (home laptop + my more powerful work machine). In the screenshot below, Canva's e-form has literally been spinning in "now sending" mode for 58 minutes!! If you expect me to pay $ to use your "service" as a "subscriber", then give me a reliable, genuine way to contact you. Looks like I'll be joining the line of folks filing disputes with their CC companies.

peterf228
2/4/19

Nice toy, nothing more, nothing less. The free version is fine for some playing around, but if you get serious on design you better join Adobe CC. More expensive, but don't forget if you pay peanuts you get monkeys.But even the price is not peanuts.

Tip for consumers: Stick to the free version and learn adobe illustrator or Corel draw

bradleyd43
1/22/19

This sucked. Order business cards and never received it. They also removed my order's history. 1 star is still too much.

laras54
1/18/19

Items that clearly state they are free, and no, they are not free. You have to pay the credit. Then fight the rude customer service people to get your money back!!! Con artists through and through.

dongzt
12/11/18

Really a waste of time and effort trying to go through the unintuitive site where you have to mindlessly click and reclick many many many times just to perform a single action.

alov
11/29/18

At first I thought I was losing my mind, but after carefully testing it, I realized Canva changes minute details of your text or design while saving. Great way to look stupid even after reviewing and editing!

phils168
11/5/18

Bought membership so my daughter can use her Ipad but now the updated version will only work in portrait mode on an ipad.... Cannot use it - Want my money back

julianm91
10/27/18

I did the free trial and found the software to be just what I needed to create a collage of photo at very high resolution print quality. The cloud based approach worked well for me with good web connectivity which I have. I am not a professional so decided not to take on the subscription, however I found it a bit tricky to unsubscribe from the website (not possible via the app). Unfortunately whilst working this out I was charged for a month subscription. Trying to recover this situation was concerning as the website does not seem to offer a button to cancel (just goes back to options to have a monthly or annual subscription) and the latency in their servers makes you wait to process a complaint...seemingly to the point they are trying to avoid complaints (which I later found not to be the case). I was wondering if I had been scammed and was very concerned about the posts in this website. Subsequently I sent a responding email to my billing, requesting a refund and account closure and also I managed to get a complaint through online. Either way, within 30mins I had 3 emails back. One issuing a refund, Two cancelling my account and Three from customer service following up my case. On that basis I am pretty confident I will get my refund back and will not be charged further (I will update if not the case). I would certainly give Canva a chance based on my experience. It has made me think twice about giving my credit card details over online though and next time would use PayPal if that was an option. Also I suggest that Canva look at this website and try to respond to some of the complaints which are quite serious accusations about their company.

ambere37
10/19/18

Its unbelievable how many glitches this program has. There are so many things that dont work and when you contact them they take forever to get back to you only to say were working on it. Just spent an hour redoing some text only to lose all of it after several saves because the program is stupid. All I did was hit control z three times and it erased hours of work and text, 100's of words. Tried to redo and nothing happened!!!! F u canva. This is what I get for not knowing photoshop. Oh yeah I've been paying for this crap.

This type of stuff happens all the time. It's a mess, clunky, not well thought out for the paying service.

davidm1615
10/7/18

$12.95 to remove my card?! HELL NAW I'll pay it, then I will leave Canva for good. I am no longer using their services to make stuff.
SCAM
DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE TO CREATE PICTURES

Tip for consumers: Do not add your credit/debit card before your trial ends.... they will make you pay $12.95USD for a removal fee of your invoices..

2 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the Canva staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Canva