Canva

Canva has a consumer rating of 1.8 stars from 122 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Canva also ranks 133rd among Graphic Design sites. The most common issues with Canva are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 18.4%

No positive highlights yet

• trying to find a number to call and dispute it but I can not find a phone number or email.
  • The customer support through facebook messenger sent me to their online form.
How would you rate Canva?

“Great experience!”

Hans N.
4/29/20

I designed a personal photo card and enjoyed the great amount of variety that was available to choose from. Satisfied with the 3-5 day shipping, I received my order in 4 days. Thank you for your service.

“Deducted $240 for photos after they abruptly cancelled my auto-renewal”

Snigdha J.
7/30/20

This website is a big fraud. They charged me $240 for stock photos. As a Canva pro member (paid member since last 6 months), I was eligible for unlimited stock photos. Now I have been trying to contact them for 5 days now and nobody replies. I chatted to them on facebook and they were so rude. NEVER EVER give your card details to these guys.

customer service (17) phone number (5) customer support (4) images (11)
snigdhaj
July 30th, 2020
sonesthaj
January 12th, 2020
After cancelling my subscription I was still debited 120 $ for one year Canva Pro subscription. I just unsubscribe now again and took screenshots this time to have proof as they don't send any proof of cancellation. (Previous time was in trail period).
Paid for 12 months and did not even use this app at all. I am very upset. In my eyes this is called DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!
janes850
July 23rd, 2020
I signed up for the free trial, no reminder that it was coming to an end, no option as to whether I wanted to pay monthly or yearly, just took the money from my account. I thought I would try to make use of it as I had paid for it and nothing that is supposedly free even works! I have sent them emails and they just ignore! Who can you take this further with? This company should be investigated!
agathar7
January 3rd, 2020
Originally it was a full free service, then they switched to full-pay service with little if no notice.

They converted my account to Pro without my consent and in October 2019 they charged me £11 for a monthly fee.

I complained, they processed the refund and confirmed that:

"We reviewed your activities, and we agreed to issue a full refund of the Canva Pro monthly renewal fee that you incurred. I have also cancelled your paid subscription, so rest assured that you will no longer be billed for any renewal fee.

The refund process may take up to 10-20 (maximum) business days to be completed, which may be faster, depending on your bank's internal protocols. You may follow up with them for updates.

Please note that this is a one-time courtesy, and any further refund for the same payment may no longer be possible. In general, payments involving Canva Pro monthly subscription are not subject for a refund. For more information, please visit section 9 (Paid Services) of our Terms of Use."

On Jan 2nd I received a charge from Canva of £107.88 (equivalent of a Pro membership yearly fee) .
I begged for a refund and clarification, however Nea (customer support in charge of my account) replied once and then disappeared.

Stay away form CANVA.COM it is a SCAM!

Tip for consumers: Do not use them as they'll get your card details from even a tiny icon purchase, save it, and charge it yearly without your consent

dazl1
June 24th, 2020
No response from customer service. My mistake that I trusted my payment info on them. Purely bad business ethics.
debil34
March 31st, 2020
Total deception when trying to cancel a simple 30-day trial. You can't cancel your 30-day notice online as they stated. After jumping through smoke and mirrors to cancel, I finally got through on e-mail and stated I wanted to cancel my 30-day trial prior to 30 days, received confirmation it would be cancelled, then they charged my account, ANYWAYS!
marier495
July 23rd, 2020
As good as the site is it's not worth it if they are thieves!! They will not stop taking from me monthly after I have tried numerous times to cancel!! They have no contact info and nothing on their settings about cancellation!!!
lizb279
July 28th, 2020
I've been trying to contact Canva over a month to try to resolve an access issue. I sent messages through their not so helpful HELP portal every other day and multiple requests in one day with the hope someone gets back to me to resolve my issue. As of today I've heard nothing. They were quick on charging me a membership right after the trial period, but no replies to customer not even acknowledging receipt of the issue is very disappointing.
kl445
August 9th, 2019
I like the Canva tool, and used it quite a bit for a month or so. I don't like they way their autorenewal feature works, which renewed me for a year without warning. They have claimed I was on the "old" system and this is no longer the case, but I'm still disappointed that I had to jump through the hoops I did. I hope they find a way to clean it up for other customers.
kyled136
March 30th, 2020
After I canceled my subscription, I was billed for the Canva Pro, and they refuse to give me my money back. DO NOT use this site. They will rob you blind.
hansn17
April 29th, 2020
jenniferd1043
June 10th, 2020
This software is so unbelievably lacking in basic features of Word and is so incredibly glitchy that it has taken me probably 5 times as long to create a report in canva as I could have in Word or Powerpoint. You can't even use superscripts, something very common in "reports"! Don't get me started on the frustrating cursor glitches or the way it randomly pauses saving your file (another time suck - redoing work!!). Just don't use this. I am doing a free trial and praying that they don't take my money like other reviewers on here have suggested. Ugghhhh.
mmintzm
December 13th, 2019
Unbelievably frustrating experience which I highly recommend others not to go through. They take your money and do not provide your order. Try to contact them and see what happens. Absolutely nothing! Some rubbish about not having phone lines due to privacy. Yeh right. Do not respond to emails. Nothing! My young daughter looked forward to sending her friends and family Canva invites which never came. This was my first and last experience with Canva.

Tip for consumers: Look for another site.

ginal267
March 10th, 2020
If you decide to sign up for the free trial be SURE to cancel is right away. You will be charge a high price for not doing so. They WILL NOT refund your money and they don't have a person you can speak with. I will not consider using this company just based on their customer service alone.
songc3
February 2nd, 2020
They charged me for an annual subscription that I don't subscribe. When I try to solve the problem, they asked me for the invoice number that never arrived! For two weeks I've been trying to get the refund and they are asking same questions over and over again. Then they are staying "Thank you for your eagerness". WTF?????????? They will steal your money and they will laugh at your face.
richardc1826
July 31st, 2020
There's lot of great things we can say about Canva, but their customer service to paying subscribers is not acceptable, and someone like Trading Standards needs to address this with them.

Aside from the fact that their subscription system is the most confusing thing out, they will not reply to support tickets in any timely and reasonable manner? They are certainly not a partner you can rely on in anyway for a business in their current operating state. It is, as another user says here verging on fraud. If they can just simply address their lack of personal service, and restore confidence in their users, their platform is market leading.

Meanwhile, for one our clients, we have now switched to Snappa.

Come on Canva. Tell us how you are going to make things different?
ds1106
June 23rd, 2020
My business email was illegally taken over my a former employee on May 5, 2020. While I work with the US legal system to fix this, I asked that Canva either change the email associated with my Canva account or delete my account entirely. They do not have a phone number, so I have messaged them on Facebook, finally connected with an employee, and have now had over 30 email exchanges with them to fix this simple issue. Every single reply to my concern does not address the problem or even imply that they read my email. I have twice now sent them my personal bank info, proof of purchase, and PDFs of my designs - all of which made me very uncomfortable to do over email but they assured me there was no other option. Why I had to do it twice within the same email chain is beyond me. They offered a two month refund, but my account is still active and will be charged in the future with an incorrect email - neither of which I can access. I am at a total loss for how to advocate for myself any further, as they are now completely ignoring my emails and I cannot reach anyone who works for Canva on social or through their email. It has been over a month since I've received any notable reply to my many messages. Not only am I being charged, but my requests are being completely disregarded. They refuse to help me access my account or address issues. I believe this company is a scam and is stealing from customers. Stay away!
tomorrowo
May 26th, 2020
I don't know how or why they billed me but I was charged $119.40 on my cc for nothing. trying to find a number to call and dispute it but I can not find a phone number or email. Does not leave a trusting feeling.
jenniferg775
March 16th, 2020
Collage poster looked good and arrived as requested. But so difficult to cancel the subscription! I wrote to the company three times and maybe this time it will finally be canceled.
annieo23
January 19th, 2020
Took money for an annual subscription I didn't sign up to, no response when leaving a message to complain and ask for a refund on the cancelled subscription, clearly theft as I'm not going to use the account and would never have signed up to a year's subscription I wasn't going to use. Should be an opt in service and a cancellation period!
mk349
June 28th, 2020
Don't use the free trial. It is a trap. I'd accept an 11 month refund but charging for the whole year is bull$#*!.
meirp1
May 29th, 2020
I asked to cancel my PRO account in the website.
The charges continued.
There is no one to talk to.
Bad experience.
dorothyf113
February 22nd, 2020
I signed up for the Canva Pro subscription and paid for a year to get the savings, as someone I knew directed me to this website. After confirming they had received my payment I have none nothing but send emails back and forth through their chat and email support. I still cannot access the Pro features in my account. Support says I am in the Photo subscription! However, there is no link or icon indicating they even have a Photo subscription. The only upgrade link is for the Canva Pro subscription. Which I clicked on and followed the steps within that page. IF there was a photo subscription option, wouldn't you think support would simply switch my account over!!! Well after a full week and still nothing resolved, I had to dispute the payment and am now having them fight this for me. Please save yourself the hassles of losing your money and not getting the subscription you select. Their support people are the worst!!! And if you cancel your subscription, they will not give you any money back either, but only let the subscription expire and won't renew. They just want to keep all of your money no matter what .

PS
Wish there was an option to add a .pdf below, but there wasn't and I didn't want to take a photo of my canva account with my personal information and email in it.
michaelo536
Michael O.
December 10th, 2019
I second commenters that have said that Canva 2.0 is awful. I use Canva often, as I have a resume/cover letter document that I edit frequently to tailor to specific job openings. These modifications used to take a matter of minutes. They now can take hours, as Canva 2.0 is finicky. It does not keep text consistent when copy and pasting, it moves elements that are impossible to accurately replace, and a whole host of other annoyances. Very dissatisfied with this upgraded version.
annew277
November 21st, 2019
Several hours writing a detailed work proposal wiped in seconds!
Definitely not recommended unless you have endless hours to keep re-writing the same document. Save function doesn't work, don't know how you can do a simple design edit and lose pages of carefully scripted text.
Who has the time or patience for this stuff, dreadful functionality.

There is zero support. Until they do something about it, don't begin with them. Try Snappa instead.

By Richard C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Canva staff and other customers.

Create beautiful designs with your team. Use Canva's drag-and-drop feature and layouts to design, share and print business cards, logos, presentations and more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canva?

Have a question about Canva?