Canva

Canva has a consumer rating of 1.77 stars from 159 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about Canva most frequently mention customer service, free trial and phone number problems. Canva ranks 143rd among Graphic Design sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 9.4%

No positive highlights yet

• Awful customer service, and provides you with no way of reaching a real person.
How would you rate Canva?

“Great experience!”

Hans N.
4/29/20

I designed a personal photo card and enjoyed the great amount of variety that was available to choose from. Satisfied with the 3-5 day shipping, I received my order in 4 days. Thank you for your service.

“Look at the proof vs. actual and decide for yourself if Canva business cards are any good.”

MELANIE J.
11/3/20

Nothing infuriates me more than when you take every step prescribed to make sure the process is working only to have an epic fail delivered in return for your time, money and effort. Look at the proof (with the crop marks extended so there's no debate about what was supposed to be in and what was out of the crops) and you tell me if the card reflects the PROOF. The print version doesn't even agree with the mini proof on the card delivered with the order. No quality control going on here. UPDATE: Canva quickly responded to my complaint and arranged a replacement order that arrived in a week and was as per the proof. Very happy with the corrective measure. Shame they couldn't just get it right the first time.

customer service (18)
melaniej107
November 3rd, 2020

leonardoa42
October 15th, 2020

My card was charged for a service I have never subscribed. No warning email, nothing! I was just "surprise by a year subscription invoice and the credit card I used to use to buy single material in their website charged for £107, so frustrating and disappointed with this service trying to sneak in automatic charges without proper warning. I have now cancelled my "subscription" straightaway and I want to see if a refund will be given.

snigdhaj
July 30th, 2020

This website is a big fraud. They charged me $240 for stock photos. As a Canva pro member (paid member since last 6 months), I was eligible for unlimited stock photos. Now I have been trying to contact them for 5 days now and nobody replies. I chatted to them on facebook and they were so rude. NEVER EVER give your card details to these guys.

sonesthaj
January 12th, 2020

After cancelling my subscription I was still debited 120 $ for one year Canva Pro subscription. I just unsubscribe now again and took screenshots this time to have proof as they don't send any proof of cancellation. (Previous time was in trail period).
Paid for 12 months and did not even use this app at all. I am very upset. In my eyes this is called DAYLIGHT ROBBERY!

kalenec
March 31st, 2021

If I could give zero stars I would. I used Canva one time and deactivated myaccount. Months later I get charged $200. They have no customer service number to call and when I go to the website to get this corrected it refuses to let me log in because I deactivated my account, and it refuses to let me sign up again because I already used my email with them before. So I get no resolution and have to hope the bank will fix this for me instead.

moc37
September 18th, 2020

I subscribed to try product and decided I didnt want it. Recieved reminder that they would take a payment and I clicked the support link to cancel the subscription and it brought me to an error page. I went online to try and do it myself - I thought it worked as I got the screen shot below, but this did not work. Then they took payment and have not responded. I have just been made redundant and cannot afford this - I hope no-one else suffers like this - this, this is appalling.

hansn17
April 29th, 2020

parsonsl1
May 5th, 2021

- Poor COLOR quality on pamphlets (I also paid for "glossy" and received "matte")

- Poor PAPER quality on business cards

- NO Customer Service - only automated responses saying they will be in contact with you shortly. "Lance" responded to my request 18 days later. I responded back within 2 business days and they wanted to "closed the case" because they didn't hear from me in time (Thursday- Monday).

After submitting my requests, they locked my access to the things I created on the site - good thing I already downloaded everything.

They also sent stickers about kindness - I think they should keep those for themselves.

I was going to be a regular customer, not anymore.

Tip for consumers:
Don't use Canva if you care about quality products and services.

Products used:
They did not follow their own refund policy - no reprint nor refund has been given.

I ordered business cards and pamphlets from Canva. Business card paper is floppy and not professional. The first sample order of pamphlets (10 copies) was reasonable for what you pay. So, I ordered 100 copies, only to have the color of my logo 3 shades lighter than the first order.

Customer service refused to acknowledge or respond to my request.

bobbyw126
December 19th, 2020

0 for customer service
0 for transparent T&Cs
It's disgusting that this company can steal your money so easily.
It's theft and it's disgusting!
Their email responses are a joke, please please ease this review as a warning to yourself any one else who uses this fraud of a company!
Do not give this company your bank details... YOU WILL REGRET IT!

kendallv13
April 11th, 2021

I ordered the constellation print for my
Husband on our anniversary. It was BEAUTIFUL and perfectly made. Great quality, very sturdy, & the text was etched without error. We LOVE it! Very worth it, and such a great deal! Highly recommend

kellyd901
November 20th, 2020

I paid and have proof of purchase 12 days ago. I am unable to use pro functions and site signals that I need to upgrade! I have written several times and NOTHING except canned automatic replies. The contact form won't allow for more than one screenshot. I literally saw a message that said, "We are receiving more messages than usual. Duh. Hire more people. There are plenty of folks needing work these days!

janes850
July 23rd, 2020

I signed up for the free trial, no reminder that it was coming to an end, no option as to whether I wanted to pay monthly or yearly, just took the money from my account. I thought I would try to make use of it as I had paid for it and nothing that is supposedly free even works! I have sent them emails and they just ignore! Who can you take this further with? This company should be investigated!

fional72
November 17th, 2020

Canva lets you create posters and stuff like that. You also don't have to download it. You can simply search it up and BOOM! There it is! Although there's a little issue. It doesn't let you create your own. You can only use the ones in Canva and change the words on there but you can't choose your own. If Canva can fix that little issue then it'll be great!

agathar7
January 3rd, 2020

Originally it was a full free service, then they switched to full-pay service with little if no notice.

They converted my account to Pro without my consent and in October 2019 they charged me £11 for a monthly fee.

I complained, they processed the refund and confirmed that:

"We reviewed your activities, and we agreed to issue a full refund of the Canva Pro monthly renewal fee that you incurred. I have also cancelled your paid subscription, so rest assured that you will no longer be billed for any renewal fee.

The refund process may take up to 10-20 (maximum) business days to be completed, which may be faster, depending on your bank's internal protocols. You may follow up with them for updates.

Please note that this is a one-time courtesy, and any further refund for the same payment may no longer be possible. In general, payments involving Canva Pro monthly subscription are not subject for a refund. For more information, please visit section 9 (Paid Services) of our Terms of Use."

On Jan 2nd I received a charge from Canva of £107.88 (equivalent of a Pro membership yearly fee).
I begged for a refund and clarification, however Nea (customer support in charge of my account) replied once and then disappeared.

Stay away form CANVA.COM it is a SCAM!

Tip for consumers:
Do not use them as they'll get your card details from even a tiny icon purchase, save it, and charge it yearly without your consent

erick663
April 10th, 2021

I wish I had seen all those one star reviews before I started dealing with Canva. If you ever make the mistake of paying Canva, they will raid your account forever, even though you canceled your account. Canva are totally dishonest. No integrity. The service itself is clunky and mostly useless, that is why I canceled.

Tip for consumers:
Don't ever give Canva your CC # or PayPal or anything else. They will raid you for years after you cancel your account.

Products used:
Canva, never used it much. It's slow and outdated. that is why /I canceled it.

dazl1
June 24th, 2020

No response from customer service. My mistake that I trusted my payment info on them. Purely bad business ethics.

peterf228
February 4th, 2019

Nice toy, nothing more, nothing less. The free version is fine for some playing around, but if you get serious on design you better join Adobe CC. More expensive, but don't forget if you pay peanuts you get monkeys. But even the price is not peanuts.

Tip for consumers:
Stick to the free version and learn adobe illustrator or Corel draw

Canva.co,

pm228
December 21st, 2020

When u contact a company several times and there is no freaking response, only surveys that ask how well they resolved ur issue, your help will not come. Just kiss your money goodbye people. If it had rightly been returned to me i could have really used it for Christmas. So frustrating.

jennifers2197
November 30th, 2020

We used Canva once but when we went to shut down our account we were unable to, as somehow the account was under an out of date email address, which was super odd. After being charged $20 per month for several months and multiple messages to Canva customer service, I had to cancel my credit card to stop the charges. Poor customer care from Canva.

katee18
November 10th, 2016

I must say, I like Canva's online services and platform. However, they steal from you and the customer service sucks. I had a free trial of Canva for Work and cancelled before it was up. Canva went ahead and charged me $119.40 for a year's subscription anyway. I have used their website to contact them 3 times about the error. No response. They have no phone number you can call or other way to contact them. My bank also has been trying to contact them to no avail. I strongly suggest you not leave your credit card info on their site: it seems they will charge it without authorization, and trying to get your money back will be frustrating at the very least.

UPDATE: I finally got Canva's attention by posting this review to Twitter and Facebook. They responded via Twitter in about 2 hours and, after a bit of back and forth, they refunded my money in full. Sadly, it seems that the way to get their attention is to bash them on Twitter.

boltk1
May 23rd, 2020

I loved Canva. I can use it to make designs for my youtube merch. And a logo for my channel! I would so recommend Canva to EVERYONE because They make design work fun and easy. Even the free version is AMAZING!

Tip for consumers:
Just explore and see what best fits you.

Products used:
I used the Logo for My youtube channel.

dabberd
January 30th, 2021

Terrible quality and deceptive marketing. I would not recommend this tool. It is not user friendly at all.

lizb279
July 28th, 2020

I've been trying to contact Canva over a month to try to resolve an access issue. I sent messages through their not so helpful HELP portal every other day and multiple requests in one day with the hope someone gets back to me to resolve my issue. As of today I've heard nothing. They were quick on charging me a membership right after the trial period, but no replies to customer not even acknowledging receipt of the issue is very disappointing.

sharc4
October 26th, 2020

The worst customer service. I've gone from love to serious distrust in a matter of weeks. I decided to try Canva Pro using a 3rd party promotion code. The code did not apply and I immediately contacted customer service to have them help me fix it (why not cancel the order and reprocess it?) Customer service is slow to respond and unhelpful - there is a lot of finger pointing and 'there is nothing we can do but wait. I had to get my bank involved. Be very careful as you are powerless once they have your credit card.

debil34
March 31st, 2020

Total deception when trying to cancel a simple 30-day trial. You can't cancel your 30-day notice online as they stated. After jumping through smoke and mirrors to cancel, I finally got through on e-mail and stated I wanted to cancel my 30-day trial prior to 30 days, received confirmation it would be cancelled, then they charged my account, ANYWAYS!

That was one of my issues. No active link to cancel the free trial subscription.

By p m.

There is zero support. Until they do something about it, don't begin with them. Try Snappa instead.

By Richard C.

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the Canva staff and other customers.

Create beautiful designs with your team. Use Canva's drag-and-drop feature and layouts to design, share and print business cards, logos, presentations and more.

How do I know I can trust these reviews about Canva?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

1.8
Have a question about Canva?