Review of Designhill

Tel: +1 (888) 765-2908
lucy@designhill.com

charlesh417
1/17/19

This is my second logo and I am very happy with the results would recommend. many
many thank for that!!

markj477
1/13/19

Designhill this very helpful for every one. I will used this service again. and I will referee to my friend

sonjoyk
1/12/19

I was take Designhill service. this service quality was really great. I will used again Designhill service thank

christophers354
11/14/18

I would NOT recommend this firm for your logo needs. It's confusing, demanding and difficult. The staff within Customer Service does not understand the English language and they're incredibly rude.

I've demanded a full refund and maybe involving my corporate lawyer to retrieve a full refund for work that was promised and not delivered.

antoniof46
10/1/18

designhill are thieves, do not pay the designers some work, it is a constant practice in them, I have the experience of a job, contact the person who requested the design, I assure you that I release the payment and was never credited, to top of the highs came a mail of designhill ensuring that the payment is released but never credited to the account of the designer, are scammers and must be reported to the competent authorities to get to clarify the facts

gemmal21
9/18/18

Absolutely terrible customer service. First, I bought a logo that offered the logo, files, and font and colour details. I get the files and there are files called 'dark logo transparent' and 'white logo transparent' as well as the coloured versions, but the file itself doesn't match with this. It's all just the coloured version of the logo.

I live chat with customer services who tell me that nowhere does it say I get black and white versions. I argue a bit, she says I should hear something within 24 hours later.

24 hours later, I live chat again, I get told to wait another 24 hours. I get told again that nowhere is it written that you get black and white versions of the logos. I screenshot where it is written and also point out the other stuff I haven't had (details of font and colour). I'm then told that I've had the versions with a white background.

I explained that when offered black/white versions of a logo, that does not mean the background.

At this point, I was told to have patience.

So, when you're setting up a business and need to get things done, and have specifically used their simple logo design services because it's all automated and you don't want to be waiting around for people, have patience when you don't get what you paid for and are told that you aren't entitled to it anyway

yuanyuanl
8/10/18

The designs I got looks like copied right from the internet and show no skills at all. When I ask for a full refund, Lucy can do nothing.

ericw245
8/6/18

Design Hill is a good way to get a cheap logo or graphic design that your company needs especially if you are a start up company and investing thousands into branding isn't in the budget yet. Now from our experience, it is really hard to get a quality logo using this platform since about 85% of the work submitted look repetitive and similar as well as not matching our description and visual briefs. This made us worried that the logos might not be original and they might exist somewhere else for other companies. But we did get about 15% of logos that seemed authentic and were fitting to our description. Therefore, using this platform is really what you make of it. Research the logos being submitted to insure that they are authentic, communicate with the designer to make sure that they fulfil your design brief needs and so on. Other than for this fact, we did actually enjoy using the platform due to the price range and the ability to have multiple submissions to review against.

Now this is what we really didn't like about using this site: the customer service. The first time we needed to reach out to them was due to making an upgrade on our contest using the $60 upgrade for top designers. When this update was made, it was not reflected on our contest after payment was withdrawn from our account. We reached out to the live support and ended up speaking with "Lucy". She was not warm, and did not exhibit any customer service skills. She was unconcerned and nonchalant. She was very defensive and made us feel like we were wrong for reaching out until we had no choice but to send screenshots to prove that payment was withdrawn. Once screenshots were sent, she said the system is just slow. The second time we reached out to design hill was when we decided to upgrade our contest prize by over $350. This decision was made due to the quality level of the logos we were receiving. Once this upgrade was made, we immediately noticed two transitions on our PayPal account and on our bank statement/online banking and in addition to this the contest money was not upgraded. After contacting design hill to alert them that there have been two transactions on our account instead of only one without our contest being upgraded, they started to say that is incorrect. We again sent screenshots. Then they proceeded to say that the second transaction is wrong, and that it will not process all the way. They also said within 24 hours that our contest prize will increase to the new amount. None of these things happened. After 2 days, Both transitions were fully debited from our account and the contest prize was still not updated. After reaching out to the team again, we were told that our contest prize would be increasing soon and that the second transaction has not been received. This has been a true headache. Now we are reaching out to our bank to block this second transaction. We contacted the team again and we have been told that the contest prize will be updated "asap" but it has yet to be updated. Since the first transaction still is not reflected on our contest, we will most likely have to block that also and go through contacting the bank again.

This has been a nightmare. If we knew that using this site was going to be like this, we would have opted for paying more and getting better quality and customer service. At least if the system or technology is faulty (as this site clearly is) the customer service reps should be warm, understanding, and empathetic instead of defensive and seeming unconcerned/nonchalant. We have over 7 separate projects we needed complete outside of logos. We will be looking for designers elsewhere.

corwinr1
7/31/18

Do NOT use this company. It's either a scam or the worst customer service of all time.

If you opt for the 100% refundable contest and are not pleased with the results, they will do everything they can to deny your refund.

The representatives, including Lucy who has commented on many of these other reviews, just bounce you around from person to person, each one apologizing profusely and promising to raise a ticket to get it taken care of, and then they ignore you completely and hope that you go away.

It's now been 3 weeks, and I have an email box full of chat transcripts and opened tickets, each one verifying my refund status and promising to raise a "priority ticket", and they're so sorry, that OTHER person did it wrong, they'll take care of it this time.

Thankfully I used PayPal, and have raised a dispute with them over this, and it's still been a huge headache. If I had used a credit card, I assume they'd just keep my money and jerk me around forever.

Use one of the other design contest companies, if you have a choice.

gemmad19
7/2/18

After multiple weeks and requests I am forced to publicly claim bad service.
My creative brief and contest was not bribing my the right designer. I asked for support from Lucy. When I was told yes they would help I have a date and time with my zoom number to contact me. No one did. I asked for a refund June 12. Repeatedly I was ignored. I filed three requests and finally got a release form which they delayed sending me. This caused the refund clock to not start. I have asked over and over for my refund and none has been paid

cirop
4/29/18

Hello everyone, I am a graduate designer and a graduate with 30 years of experience, I worked on this site and I can say that it is more or less like all these sites, indeed perhaps even worse, many Bagnladesh and Arabs who are not real designers work and they have not studied but sometimes they win with old designs and confused copies. Dear customers if you do not want a logo seen and reviewed copied or equal to other logos that trim you do not give work to these sites but turn to a graphic study even small or large study. You are nurturing a market that has nothing to do with graphics and design. Among 300 logos that you propose at the end you will choose the one copied without your knowledge or hurt and in the future you will have to do it again. DESIGNHILL is a mix of NOdesigner Bangladesh etc etc these types of sites should be closed. Would you be happy if after spending 100/300 dollars for a logo to see your logo copied somewhere else? Do not use these sites there are many good designers and economic studies that make good designs. DESIGNHILL is an SCAM like FREELANCER.COM etc etc et...!

ronf67
2/28/18

If you need a logo go here. You can get a professional logo very cheap for a small business. Needed more time they extended for free. Good customer service!

paulg224
2/27/18

Great platform for those aspiring designer, to boost their creativity and knowledge about designing.

dd236
2/23/18

DESIGNHILL provides an outstanding service. We set up the contest and the entries started flowing in. The process is super easy, and you receive emails that walk you through the process the entire way. The designers want to provide an excellent product and are very responsive to making changes. Would DEFINITELY use again!

neac1
2/23/18

Everything ok! From the contest format , selection , design handover was clear as daylight! Higly recommended!

meix4
2/23/18

We were completely new to design platforms like Designhill. Designhill made it very easy to interact with designers, and their customer service is superb. We are extremely grateful to them for providing the opportunity to meet and connect with our dream designer, Madein!

jennifers473
2/21/18

What a GREAT concept! We heard about designhill from a friend of ours who did a logo refresh for his business. It was so exciting to see each entry as they came in from all the designers! We have a cancer ministry at our church and we were looking for a new logo and t-shirt design. They NAILED IT! We can't wait for the reveal! We would HIGHLY recommend designhill! We feel like we got a lot of bang for our buck! Thank you so much designhill! Jennifer S.

anner102
2/21/18

The site is very helpful but they need to review those designs that are submitted because some of the designers submitted designs that are not original and some copied their design from other sites.

originsd
2/19/18

My Online Workplace for Designing. Best Place your Logo, B.Card, Stationary , Multimedia or Any Designing Needs.

dannya42
2/19/18

Very clean process with understandable rules and deliverables. Everything was as advertised and the number of responding designers was incredible.

julianos4
2/19/18

Thank you Desighill. It's always good to work through you.
Another successful project through your system.

peters501
2/19/18

I find it interesting that folks come on here and recommend the Designhill platform as a reputable source for graphic design work. Perhaps you shoud keep reading what I have to say, and then decide if the platform is to be commended.

I'm one of many graphic artists that use the platform as a source of income. The graphic design industry is overflowing with designers and job prospects are hard to come by. In other words, there are far too many talented people out there, and not enough jobs to cater for everybody. Thus, humanistic instinct takes over, and a fight for survival is at the vanguard of my life. Putting it mildly, I need to put food on my table in order to survive. However, how can I do this if the platform that I instil trust with providing me with a source of income doesn't pay me for my work and winning contests?

Yes, you read it correctly! I've not been paid for logo design contests I've won!

Furthermore, I've contacted the platform's CEO, *, on numerous occasions regarding the subject matter and nothing's been done about it. I'm still waiting for a measly $199 from over a year ago. Moreover, I won another contest early this February month, and still await payment for that design. Desighill's contractual agreements stipulate that both the client and then designer have 14 days to finalise the process prior to uploading final design files. This latest contest is well over the contractual date and in itself is a breach of contractual agreement and the onus is on Desighill to sort the matter out. When clients join the platform in search of graphic design work, and prior to posting their contest online, they provide Desighill with credit card details and an amount is deducted for the posting process. In other words, the company has been paid for a portion of the stipulated design contest amount thus they charge the client. That's when I enter the picture. I spend hours of my time designing and uploading designs to the platform. Some I lose others I win. However, not being paid for your wins after so much effort, love, and dedication has gone into the process, is both heart breaking and dehumanising. Designhill's duty of care toward their designers in non-existent. I'm but one of a plethora of designers that remain to be paid for their work. Regardless of their rethoric and excuses, Designhill's management is callous and uncaring.

Please think twice about using the platform for your graphic design work. Think about designers like me, folk that provide you with the work you expect to receive for what you're paying, and in turn don't get paid for their hard work. Next time you look at your logo design on your blog or website, and a logo that you bought from Designhill, remind yourself that the person that took great care, dedication, and love to create that beautiful design, has not been paid for his hard work.

If you're honest with yourself and have morals, think twice before posting your commendations apropos the Desighill platform.

From,

An unhappy designer.

*Personal information redacted by admin

jonathans133
2/19/18

Great service and fair pricing. I like the process of selecting designs using a contest and the designers are all very talented.

mattr177
2/19/18

I would recommend Designhill to any who is looking for a logo design but does not know exactly what they want. I came to Designhill with an open mind but no clue as to the design for our company's business logo. Within hours, I began to receive multiple design ideas. By the end of the logo contest, I had received over 200 designs! I guess the only negative issue (not really a negative) was that I had too many to choose from. The website and design process was simple and easy to navigate. I am very pleased and would recommend Designhill to anyone.

markb477
2/19/18

This was a very satisfying experience. I will recommend this service to others who may be in need of design services. Thank you!

A highlighted contest upgrade highlights a contest listed on the contest listing page with a different colour. A highlighted contest is a great tool for not only making a contest stand out among hundreds of contests and but also attracting designers to participate in the contest.

By Lucy M., Designhill Representative

Yes, you can buy upto max three designs in a single contest.

By Lucy M., Designhill Representative

yes this is helpful for me. i'm happy for this service

By mark j.

i'm guaranteed about this design for the contest. because really nice

this design was really great. for this I did posr 5 star review

Helpful answer -1

Yes, you may ask for multiple revisions in the font, shape, size, and color. The client can ask for revision both during the contest period when design submission is allowed and also ask for minor/final changes during the design Handover stage. You can directly communicate with the designer in both stages.

Helpful answer -1

Hi Anne, as you can see we are a crowdsourcing platform that offers custom graphic, logo, website, etc designs for any company or business. So if you wish to get any professional designs for your product or business you just launch a contest and we have over 50,000 designers from over 52 countries they will help you to provide the best design according to your requirement.

By Lucy M., Designhill Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Designhill staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Designhill