Review of BridgeCrest

Mesa, Arizona, United States
Tel: 4141199717556

ashleyn106
9/9/19

If there was a zero star I would. My car was considered a total loss and boy this is the worst thing I could ever go through . I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy! So basically the insurance wants to take my "95% damaged"car (which its not that bad the DOOR is the only thing damaged )and pay bridgecrest half of what my remaining balance of the loan is which is $12000 so that leaves me with $6000 to pay off. My insurance said they would let me drop the claim but it would be best if I contacted bridgecrest first. I call them and asked if I could drop the claim and they said no! BTW my car can be FIXED !!!! If I was to drop the claim they would repo my car and still make me pay payments for the full $12000 how is this even legal???? Now I am about to be out of a car and still have to make car payments. Like I thought life was hard and I was depressed before but now this is unbearable if your reading this I pray its before you get yourself in a loan with these people its not worth it please don't do it !

kathyt185
9/4/19

What can I say? My first payment is due 9/8/19. I've so far received 6 email reminders and phone calls that my payment is due 9/8/19. Bridge crest even went ahead and set up automatic payments from my checking account for the day BEFORE it's due. Weird flex but OK. I feel like I got my mom over my shoulder reminding me to brush my teeth and clean my room and do my homework - but it's just Bridgecrest reminding me to pay my loan weeks in advance.

ktinam
8/28/19

BRIDECREST REPOSESS MY VEHICLE FOR THE AMOUNT OF $222.70 one missed payment tried to pay the balance to get the car back and they refused told me i would need to pay off the loan in full remind you this was only my 2nd payment since i purchase the vehicle this is how they treat there customers people like me who went to them in the first place to establish a good credit history to build my score they care nothing about you they don't care its a slap in the face knowing you already have a low credit score and when they reposess the car they told me its going to stay on my credit for 7 to 10 as a negative impact on my credit tried to explain to them i recently changed jobs and if i can change my payment to the following week they told me no we cant help you set the up till 6 months of payment history i told them well if my payment is due on the off week that i don't get paid what should i do the rep told me i suggest you better save some money to make sure we are able to get that payment on that off week. how rude and ignorant he was his name was chris not we can help you so this loan can be a success this arrogant business i hope fail and i really hope people will do the research on Drivetime before they purchase a vehicle something i shouldve done but you live and you learn

deannai2
8/28/19

This company is THE WORST! Not only do you pay 5 times what the car is worth - you will constantly be make repairs to the car they sold to you. You can't go elsewhere to get the car refinanced unless you are willing to put about 8,000 up front to pay the car down.

med4
8/21/19

Had I READ ALL THE HORRIBLE THINGS I (WOULDN'T) HAVE FINANCED A CAR W THESE PEOPLE!!!!! $#*!ING SCAM

katrinap27
8/20/19

I originally financed my car through Bridgecrest and making my payments online was easy and straightforward enough. The complete breakdown of my respect for this company came when I refinanced my car through a different company. I ended up over paying and was due a refund on top of a refund from the gap insurance I over paid on (approximately $1000 total). They sent the over payment check to the wrong address twice even though I had corrected it after the first time. Then they did not send it to my address the second time but instead sent it to a Walgreens without telling me until a week later which by that time had already been sent back. This is my third time trying to request my refund and it's already been more than two months of nonsense. As far as the gap insurance refund that I'm entitled to, they are currently running me through the ringer telling me that they applied it to my principle (which they haven't) and that I'm not actually entitled to that money. This company and the people who work here are con artists and I regret ever doing business with them. Find a different company to handle your financial needs, these people will steal your money.

marshallj18
8/19/19

I reason purchased my 2017 Malibu March of 2019. I have not had any issues with Bridgecrest nor with making any payments until now. I was set up on a biweekly payment plan for the first six months. I have a contract indicating my payments would be $444.00 a month. I have been for filling my payments through auto pay for the last 5 1/2 months with no issue. We are now in August and I get paid 8/2, 8/16 and 8/30. I for-filled my $444.00 monthly payment on 8/16 but Bridgecrest is trying to take another payment on the 30th which would not be over my agreed amount. Although, the amount they want to debit biweekly $222.00 I have but why should I give when I was told of what my monthly amount would be? I spoke with customer care and I was referred back to DriveTime, DriveTime stated once the contract is submitted I have to go through bridgecrest. I am currently seeking another financial bank that can take over my loan so that I can rid myself of this. Consumer, I know you may be down on your credit, may not have alot but do not involve yourself with DriveTime or Bridgecrest. I am uncertain how the better business bearu even allows these company to operate.

jenniferc942
8/16/19

Purchased a vehicle in May 2019, I've paid $6,000 so far. I requested for a pay off quote and they asked for the exact same amount as what I purchased my vehicle for. I also, asked how much was my principal was being paid monthly out of $452/month, they told me only $106.00/month is principal. So if I never get into a position to pay more, for a vehicle that I got for $19,000. I will pay Bridgecrest over $88,500 in 15 years to pay down the principal. Daily interest is $11.56/ daily. Bridgecrest is a rip off along with Drive time. I never received these documents and I don't have proof showing I didn't sign for that. I would never sign to pay over $88, 500 for a 2016 and paying them for 15 years. That's ridiculous.

kerih15
7/29/19

I just got a collection call from them.....it was due on a Sunday and it's Monday at 11:00 am. What?!?! They have a horrible interest rate and even worse business practice. Do not finance with this company.

kimberlyd156
7/28/19

They don't care if you are having financial difficulties, they just want their money and if they don't get it, guess what your car is GONE... They repossessed my car while at the doctor, pregnant and even after I paid the total amount they put my car on a two week hold, even though if showed the money cleared. They said I could change my mind at any time. So not only did I pay the total balance but I also had to pay for a rent a car. The day I was supposed to pick up my car I was in the hospital (pregnant) I called them but guess what, my car had been shipped to Vegas to be placed for auction... Now I had to pay for a trip to Vegas to get my car..... Stay Away from them!!!!!

micoleh
7/19/19

Stay away from Bridgecrest not a good company to deal with. If you fall behind they will repo your vehicle. If you get your car back they will hound you if your even a day or hours late.You can call and talk to one representative and get off the phone and call back and talk to another representative and they will tell you something different.

karenl857
7/18/19

My car was repossessed after Bridgecrest failed to autodraft my payment. A week and half later they repossessed it. Shady business practices, stay away from Bridgecrest. Bunch of thieves!!

sharonw367
7/5/19

I have never had any problems with this company. Yes the interest rate is high but my credit wasn't good. Im very greatful for the opportunity to rebuild my credit. Sometimes its hard because them payments come back to back but i work hard to keep this account in good standing and they have been very helpful.

kandiem
6/24/19

These People are Loan sharks, they don't care nothing about you, all they want is your money, this place is the devil, If I could give less than a zero I would , and for anyone looking for a car loan RUN , RUN, RUN, THEY WILL TRAP YOU WITH HIGH INTEREST RATES, I'm paying 3 times more than what my car is actually worth, and the customer service workers are the devils workers, I may have had one or two to actually try and help me , my best advice for the next buyer , RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THEY WILL PLAY GAMES WITH YOU , THEY WILL KEEP TRANSFERRING YOU UNTIL YOU GET TIRED OF HOLDING on, they are caniving thieves and someone needs to look into this , beating people for they're money.

robertl831
6/19/19

Bought a vehicle from drive time and it ended up being totalled. progressive gave me the option to buy the truck back so first i contacted bridge crest to make sure my gap insurance would cover the rest if i did so they said yes so i retained the truck. a couple weeks go by and gap still hasnt received the letter from bridgecrest saying the truck was totalled. they refuse to send the paperwork and continue to demand money after my insurance check was received. there thieves lying coniving thieves. and there getting away with it, when will it end when will they be shut down

Tip for consumers: stay away

emilyj152
6/13/19

Long story short my car was totaled. My new auto loan company (NOT bridgecrest) sent them a check in January and THEY NEVER CASHED IT. Which in turn sent my loan to my credit showing I was late on payments. Awful awful company.

taneishad
6/4/19

I bought a 2006 HHR in 2014. First thing, I'm a young woman who walked into a dealership alone with no knowledge of the car game.I put $1000 down and my carnote was $436 a month. 2 weeks after I get the car the check engine light comes on. Call them and they said I was out of warranty because I went over the mileage. I had to pay for about 8 different things wrong with this piece of crap because they wouldn't cover it. I made my last payment in September 2015 and called about a week later to do a voluntary repossession because it was costing too much. Do you want to know when they picked my car up?? February 26th, 2016. Threy have since reported my account as a repossession AND this past week reported late payments from 2015 to date!!!! But I received a letter in the mail saying now they dont have enough information on me and I need to call and update my info lol BUT they sent the letter to my house which is the same house the tow truck that drove 189 miles to pick up the car. Runnnnnnnn far far away from these scammers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Dont buy anythgfrom them.

lizas24
6/4/19

This place will screw you financially! I had an original loan on a 2011 Kia Soul 18,000 I looked on line when I went to make a payment and all of a sudden my loan was at $27,000. No reasoning at all period! Luckily I have friends in the auto industry and they told me that was too much. Anyways getting on with it I filed Bankruptcy and guess what my Attorney will have a field day with them because last night there was a repo company my son and I got home and a tow truck backed into my place blocked in my car we hadn't even gotten out yet and some bald headed dude tried to bully me. He said I am here to repo your vehicle. I called my Attorney when I got in so she is going to the court and will have them put Bridgecrest on notice about violating the Bankruptcy law's in Texas. I don't want that crappy ass vehicle back but they will pay for violating the Bankruptcy paperwork! AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COST!!!!

tabithad11
5/23/19

No grace period of payments, will come and take car even after setting up a plan to make payment and then you will be forced to pay sticker price to get it back. The customer service people are nasty and rude.

lynnec64
4/23/19

Horrible, horrible experience. I paid off the loan on my vehicle and was told they are keeping the title for 10 business days to allow the money to clear. I paid directly from my bank account and received e-mails and texts confirming they had received the payment.
Now after the 10 day period, I'm having to call them again to release the title....4 different phone calls to get this accomplished. I'm told now it will be an electronic title and take 3 -4 weeks more.
NEVER, EVER again using Bridgecrest or Carvana!!!!!

houstomm
4/16/19

My car was totalled and after the insurance paid them they held the check for 2 weeks. But their GAP is worst. I was supposed to get a refund from them for the payments I had to make before the GAP pay the rest of the loan, and they say that I have no right to receive any money. Thieves. After all of that I went to purchase another car worth $15,995. They were asking $2,000 for downpayment. I went to another place an got a $18,000 with $1,000 downpayment and 3-1/2% lower interest rate

brandis68
3/2/19

I purchased a car from DT and bridgecrest financed it the vechicle is paid off now. They told my credit isn't good enough to purchase a new vehicle. The internet told me I was pre-qualified for one amount and they next thing it's another amount. Not only that they sales people are rude and insulting. I would rather die than to ever do business again with them . A complete waist of time. they do not listen to their customers. If my vehicle wasn't paid off already I would voluntarily return it!!!

davidg1021
2/27/19

Horrible experience. I paid off my loan because I'm selling my car. Now they told me they are keeping the title for 10 business days in case the payment doesn't go through. Understandable for a check, but not when you pay directly from your bank account, they take the money and even send you emails and text confirming. They need to revise the company policy. James, a supervisor, tried to convince me that I could ask the bank to reverse the payment, which I know it's not possible. Never again financing through Bridgecrest or Carvana

kenishah1
2/18/19

This company sucks. When I signed up they chose my payment dates and they don't match up with my actual pay dates from my job. I've asked them for months to help me change it and they're always finding a reason not to. So now I'm stuck with a late payment interest rate. I got a 10,000 dollar car and they're making me pay 26,000 for it. I'm the stupid one for accepting it but I was desperate. They will literally harass you. They call me 10+ times a day to make a payment even though they know I hadn't gotten paid yet. They've even started texting me about it. They're always rude to me and they're always calling me. I pay my payments twice a month every time I get paid yet they call me 10+ times a day asking for it.

janets454
2/18/19

Don't fall for these people they will rob you blind.They said in there report my truck never been in a wreck well they lied.a 18000 dollar truck and time you pay there interested every day it will cost 35000 for the truck.run run as fast as you can in the other direction

Yes this company is real, they are legitimate, and though you see bad reviews all the time, I would like to remind you that most who make complaints don't pay on their car note and expect Bridgecrest to allow them to keep their car. I have been 30-60 days past due for the last few months due to a broken finger, have made payments and show an effort. Havent been repoed, yes I get the phone calls but what do you expect when a company loans you 15K for a car? Bridgecrest is considered a second chance loan company. That being said, interest rates will be higher for low credit scores.

By Matthew D.

Not a question... perhaps you could attempt making a free payment online on the website?

By Matthew D.

I don't know if there are. Bridge Crest is scam and a bully type of company. I wish they didn't exist.

By Brandi S.

I paid off a vehicle and I will never buy another car from there. I wish I could give it back

By Brandi S.

Questions? Get answers from the BridgeCrest staff and other customers.

1 Photo for BridgeCrest