Review of Bravofly.co.uk

Chiasso, Ticino 6830, CH
Tel: 00442033552107

pers4
10/19/18

Do not use BravoFly They can not take enough money from you ordered the flight online with Visa therefore they took 25 % extra for the ticket when I came to the payment there was also travel insurance on do use that compani many complain about TrutsPilot immediately 1294212246

ahmedm91
4/21/18

I had a very bad experience with Bravofly and Fullflex, I paid the requested fees of flight ticket to Fullflex, for flexibility on change, and when I requested a change i didn't find a reply, even confirmation of receiving emails. and after more than 72 hours of requesting the flight change, I had a reply for start processing my email while my flight were about 36 hours.

They are not professional not dynamic and it's totally unprofessional, they are very very slow. still this is my first step of complaining againts this very poor service which does not meet the amount paid as well.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Bravofly & Fullflex they are cheaters.

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Hi Ahmed M,

thank you for your valuable feedback here on SiteJabber. I'm sorry to hear that you have had a cause to complain about our services.

FullFlex policy is an additional service that our customers can purchase on our website at the time of the reservation process and it is valid for cancellation requests rather than change queries. If, for an unforeseen event, you are unable to travel on the selected dates, you can request a cancellation before the departure of your outbound flight and you'll receive a voucher code worth 90% of your original ticket price.
Regarding any change request, you won't be charged additional administrative or handling costs from us if you have the FullFlex, however, airline change fees have to be paid the same.

Being a travel agency, we act as an intermediary between the customer and the airlines and we have management times to deal with a request based on the urgency of the query.

It is strange to hear that we told you that the request would be managed within 72 hours even though the flight departure was within 36 hours. I'd like one of our Customer Care Agents to investigate this further and get back to you. Could you please respond to our private message with your Booking ID number and more details.

Best,
Bravofly
michaelp371
1/7/18

My son in law and I both booked return tickets to fly from Stanstead to Palma with British Airways flights BA2339 out and BA2294 return. My son in law booked direct with BA and I booked through Bravofly.
On 23 Nov. BA decided to cancel the outgoing leg BA2339 and offered alternative flights from other London airports. I and my son in law both decided that it wasn't practical to fly out from one airport and return to another, especially as my son in law lives just 10 minutes from Stanstead airport, so we agreed to cancel the outgoing leg and book and alternative flight out of Stanstead with another airline.
I rang BA and although they agreed that I could do the same, they were not able to process my request, because it had to go through Bravofly as I had booked with Bravofly and that's where the trouble started.
Since 24 November one phone call and 14 E-mails back and forth, with Bravofly insisting that we couldn't just cancel the outgoing flight and insisted that we had to accept one of the alternative flights or cancel both the outgoing and return flights.
Then on 18 December, after we stated that we would start using social media, etc to escalate the case, Bravofly informed us that we can actually cancel the outgoing flight and retain the return flight, but insist that we can not get a refund for the cancelled outgoing flight until after we return from Mallorca, which is in June.
On 19 December we thanked Bravofly for eventually agreeing to cancel the outgoing flight and retain the return flight, but have instructed them to apply for an immediate refund from BA. NO REPLY RECEIVED
On 2 Jan we again E-mailed Bravofly asking for confirmation that the outgoing flight has been cancelled and the return flight retained and that they have applied to BA for a refund for the cancelled outgoing flight. NO REPLY RECEIVED

We have spent hours perusing this matter and feel that we have been more than patient and the matter is still unresolved, so have therefore decided to now use social media, etc. to escalate our claim and to show the general public that Bravofly offer a ver poor customer service.

Our Bravofly Booking ID : 1049807895 and Ticket#2017121810070061

In case you have forgotten, as it was at the start. My son in law rang BA and with one simple phone call arranged to have a refund for the outgoing leg but keep the return flight and he received his refund within 4 days. That's customer service.

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Hi Michael,

thank you for providing us with your valuable message here on SiteJabber. We are very sorry for the inconvenience caused by the schedule change made to your booking and how it has affected your trip.

Schedule changes and cancellations, unfortunately, can happen from time to time and we pass the communication from the airline to passengers whose bookings have been impacted and help to book an alternative or request a refund. In our role as an intermediary between the airline and the client, we are subject to all the airline's decisions and we can confirm any request on the basis of the airline's authorization through the relevant booking system.

I've checked your reservation and the history of your requests and I am very concerned that you had such a poor experience when you contacted our Service team. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience.

Said that I would like to have one of our Agents verify the reason why you received conflicting information about the cancellation of the outward leg of your flights and check the status of the refund. We'll contact you on your mobile number shortly so please keep it handy for the call.

Thanks,
Bravofly
chrisn65
4/10/17

This company is a joke they don't care about people, I asked the airline to change ticket or cancel a month in advance and they said they were processing, every time I sent an email it was the same response so I assumed they were in contact with airline. To top things off the only reason we needed to change was because my daughter was ill and having seizures and many issues, i had medical reports and certificates and told them that and they kept on saying be patient we are processing. Now the flight is about to leave in two days and now they tell me that they made it a priority now to answer me and I got my answer not only did they not cancel ticket due to medical they are now telling me that they can refund 280 euros out of a $7000 euro ticket. Now they have delayed my response caused my daughter added injury as we have no flights home and cost me a lot of money, i think this company should be given a negative rating not 1 star I want to give them negative 100. Also if you have a problem you have to pay to talk to them on your credit card what a joke. I am now going to take legal matters when I get back to Australia and hopefully I can shut them down i will make sure everybody knows about this provider, they don't class a child who is having hundreds of seizures a priority then they are lacking any type of humanity and they should be ashamed in there company and themselves, shame shame shame! I hope God Blesses and touches your heart because something is very lacking in your responses to me and my family over last month. Writing this letter even makes me sick as I now have to get my family home and now I don't know how I am going to do it as we needed refund money to pay for new ticket, but I guess its not there problem because sick children are not a priority in this world anymore, Thankyou Bravo good job you guys excel in customer care.

You know why you experience an unexpected amount of calls because you are scammers and you are going to hell.Do not be overcome with evil but overcome evil with good, that is why I am praying for you people working for this shameless company. I have reported you to international consumer protection, my own country in Australia, in America and endless chat sites that ask for reviews, you have found a friend now in me and I am going to shut you down and find out where you guys practice, my solicitor has received a file and I will be chasing you endlessly, you hollow hearted human beings. Repent and ask God for forgiveness. Sincerely people like yourselves will end up in hell please seek God you need it, I don't want to go there so I forgive you.
God Bless
Chris

your new best friend

brianc164
3/26/17

I was appalled to see my flight booked and paid for at 153 euro and then seeing my card debited by 183 euro instead for something called Fullflex. I booked the day before the flight so why would I need this ? Never even noticed the option for this. Very angry.
I was careful to watch out for the OPT IN or OUT trickery on these websites but this I never spotted.

The flight became more expensive than going to the airline website
Paula Cullen.
Flybe 23/03/2017. Dublin to Southampton

abic1
3/1/17

Having searched for cheap flights and finding a great deal - I continued to place my card details and book the flight, selecting the purchase button. It was at this point that I realized I had been entirely wrong to assume that the price i had found and agreed to pay, would be the actual price taken from my account!!!
One prompt confirmation email later, and I realise my great flight prices were coupled with an extortionate and unethical 32 euro card charge!!! NOT WHAT I AGREED!
Even worse, when I called customer service, I was connected to last.minute CS who blamed another website entirely - cancelled my flight and were unable to refund my money for a further 2 weeks! by which point flight prices have inevitably increased by more than 30 euros!!! An appalling experience - DO NOT USE

peterj123
11/25/16

They are based in switzerland for a reason. You can't get hold of them when something goes wrong and they won't pay up. Most bookings end in tears and they pocket your cash no matter what. Stay away and warn your friends to never use them.

cherylk39
9/19/16

I made a big mistake of booking for a flight on their web site. Booking reference no827893575. They were quick to debit my bank account but didn't receive any booking confirmation! After several phone calls I didnt receive any flight details that I was promised I would receive as soon as possible. Didnt receive any flight details up to 20hrs before flight! Very irritating. This site is for scammers! I regret using this so called travel agency! I am advising all my friends, relatives and everyone that never book anything through this company! This web needs to be reported yo the authorities

after booking

arthura30
9/13/16

You will not get a ticket but only a booking request code. Your booking may or may not be approved. Before that determination is made the price may go up - you have NOT reserved the right to purchase at the advertised price.

Once the booking request is confirmed and accepted, you will still not get a booking reference number for you to be able to confirm with the airline whether you are flying or not. This will put you in a very bad position with price continuing to climb should you re-purchase elsewhere, your deadline approaching, and no guarantee from the airline that bravofly has even passed on the request.

Customer service is of no use.

Tip for consumers: Just avoid it - it's not worth the risk.

manjav
7/8/16

So, I was planning to go to volunteer for Rio Olympics.
Everything was grand, wonderful and such an excitement. I managed to book airplane tickets for reasonable prices - considering time of year and everything.
Then, my life changed, and my circumstances changed, and for more than valid reasons I can't go any more. As soon as that happened, which was month and a half before my travel dates, I have paid for phone call to Bravofly, just to be told - thank you for your request, we will send you refund options by e mail as soon as possible! Like WHAT ??? Why did I pay to be told NOTHING useful - wait for e mail. Couldn't I get that info by e mail ? But OK, I need at least some amount of money refunded, so I waited. And then, I was offered less than 8% (65eur refund for 820eur ticket) refund, MONTH AND A HALF IN ADVANCE, for a ticket they will sell again for twice as much! LESS THAN EIGHT PERCENT!
So, I told them that's just preposterous and unacceptable, and then I found someone who is willing to take my ticket from me (name change) if the terms are acceptable. I have thus made FORMAL REQUEST for name change, since they didn't want to give me quotation of costs before I give them name of person who's name I want on ticket. Why is that ???? Is it impossible to change name to xxyy, but it's OK if the name is yyxx or yxyx ??? I don't understand! So, for 3 weeks I and my friend were waiting to hear is it even possible to make name change and then I got info today that it isn't ! WHY IT TOOK YOU 3 WEEKS TO READ COMPANIES POLICES, AND TELL ME IT ISN'T POSSIBLE?
And that's not all! I've been informed that should I wish to travel as planned, I'll have to ask for a refund and then to rebook my flight!!! WHO GAVE YOU THE RIGHT TO CANCEL MY BOOKING WITHOUT MY PREMISSION ? I simply asked for information, and it took you 3 weeks to give it to me!
Your customers relation is just horrible, and your companies policies - which aren't transparent at all, are just awful! I am really angry with myself that I've purchased ticket from you, and I am sure not to make the same mistake again! I am sure to worn as many people as possible not to make same mistake as I did!
Just preposterous!!!!! Unimaginable and preposterous!!!

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Manja V., Many thanks for having shared your feedback with us here on Sitejabber. Unfortunately your flights are booked with multiple airlines and normally they don't permit the name change especially if the ticket is going to be changed for completely another person. Your name change request is still in the management queue and I've asked our relevant department to provide you feedback as soon as possible. The refundable amount that was quoted to you in case you would decide to cancel your tickets is low as the airline doesn't unfortunately offer any refund for the ticket price. Therefore the remaining part they're willing to provide are only taxes. I'd like to emphasize our position as an intermediary travel agency and therefore we kindly remind you that the aforementioned issues are depending on the airline and fare rule of your flight tickets. You will be contacted by our Customer Care shortly and if there are any further questions please don't hesitate to contact us. Kind regards Sofia
jamies107
6/8/16

SO HORRIBLE!!
My outbound flight was cancelled, I received incredible grief about a partial refund. They kept telling me it was my job, not theirs to contact the agency. I had to purchase separate outbound flight as they would not refund my car rental or my inbound flight. Then they would not adjust my car rental time to match the new flight time.

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Jamie S,

Thank you for your review, I am extremely sorry to read about how inadequate was your booking experience with us.

From the review, I was unable to catch exactly what happened and how the outbound flight was cancelled. In order to understand the case I kindly invite you to send me a private message confirming your 9-digit Bravofly booking ID.

We will be in touch as soon as an outcome has emerged from my investigation.

jemmap2
4/21/16

Booking reference 569623309
I booked our holiday to Portugal back on 4/1/16 when checking airline details I noticed that for our return flight with TAP Portugal 3 out of 8 of us do not have an e ticket reference???!!!! 2 of the 3 are babies less than 6 months old!! I called TAP Portugal who said the reference and e-ticket number needs to be requested by Bravofly, I called Bravofly and spoke to a man called Vijay Who agreed all 8 tickets were paid for as per my receipt but they would look into it and call back within 3-5 days but it has been 10 days and Iv heard nothing!!!! We need to know that our babies and my fiancé will be on our flight home just as we have paid for nearly 5 months ago!! A friend of ours is hoping to speak to watchdog about this as we just don't know what to do!
They also took out more money than the agreed price back when the flights were paid for but I couldn't be bothered to fight it when I heard these bad reviews!!
I truly don't know what I can do to resolve this

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Jemma P.,

Apologies for the delay in our response here. In first of all, we thank you for your valuable feedback. We would like to reassure you that we have been looking into your request and apologise if you had a cause for complaint regarding the long management.

For any further queries please don't hesitate to contact us privately here.
I have forwarded your request to the relevant Team in order to investigate your case.
mayak8
4/16/16

2.5.16 update after multiple emails and addressing all the review sites I could find with Bravofly.com profiles we received the Full Flex refund and the money has been returned to our bank account. Thank you BravoFly for ending this on a positive note.

*******************************************

Booking Id: 678463605

Me and my husband were booking our flight. We filled out all our information, including credit card details for the flight.

We skipped the options for Full Flex and car rental and checked only these two boxes:

- Tick this box to confirm you have read and accept on the basis of paragraph f of the privacy policy to receive the best offers available
- Check this box to confirm you have read, understood and accepted the terms and conditions and the privacy policy

And clicked on "Buy".

After that a window showed up with a button on the right (I obviously can't redo this option since I would have to rebook another flight to have this window show up) that said something like "I would agree for Full Flex" - I honestly don't remember what it said since I clicked assuming this was the last step to book the flight! Of course at this point no terms and agreements were asked for us to agree to, cause that would hurt the whole scam.

We just clicked, assuming this was the end of booking our flight and only after clicking did I realize my mistake and immediately contacted you at the full flex email: fullflex@en.customer-travel-care.com

You replied to my emails, but without any assistance and now no one is repying there.

There I was also repeatedly told I was wrong and that terms and conditions state that there is no refund. Aside for the fact that I never checked the box for the terms and agreements, I went to read said terms and conditions and they say no such thing that a refund can't be made. They only stipulate the terms in which you can use the FullFlex service (which according to reviews on many websites is actually not trustworthy either).

So I am hereby requesting once again to have the money charged to my credit card for this service which I will not be using and never intended to purchase be refunded immediately.

With much aggrevation,

Maya

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Maya K.,

Thank you for your message and I'm sorry that you have had reason to complain about the additional service, Full Flex- coverage, we offer during the booking phase.

We are aware of your request and our Complaints department is currently checking your reservation in more detail as well as the booking steps you went through.

You have also been contacted by one of our Customer Care representatives ensuring that you'll be provided with feedback as soon as our relevant department have checked this matter thorough.

kellyb138
4/5/16

At the time of booking a flight for myself and my partner the Bravofly website crashed. It did not confirm that the payment had been taken from my account and I did not receive an email booking confirmation immediately. I therefore booked another Ryan Air flight for the same dates, same passengers etc which went through fine. A couple of hours later I received two bookings and rang Ryan Air the next day. They confirmed that they had cancelled the duplicate flight as I explained it was a system fault and this was refunded back to Bravofly the same day and assured that the money had been transferred.
After waiting two weeks without receiving the money I rang to be told by Bravofly/ last minute that this can take up to 6 months to refund (even though it was already in there account) but should be within the next week or so. I rang again the week after where they confirmed they have received the full refund back from Ryan Air and this would be transferred into my account within 3-5 days. I think received two emails both saying that I needed to respond to the email within 10 days in order to receive a refund, if no response the refund will be issued as a voucher. I replied to both emails and rang the company again to ensure that I could have a refund. This was all confirmed on both the phone and email (which I have copies of promising a full refund). Last week I then received an email giving my voucher number! I rang the company AGAIN. They said that I was no longer allowed a refund that they could only give me a voucher. The man on the phone was so rude, I have never had anyone speak to me like that before and repeated the same words to me over and over again as though I was stupid. I am a student nurse who has saved for this holiday for a long time and will not have any time during the rest of the year to use the voucher. I was promised a refund both verbally and written. I am very sure they need to honour this! I have also sent two complaints to the email address that was provided to me over a week ago and have not had a response still! This service is appalling and I still have not received my promised refund!!

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Kelly B.,

Thank you for having contacted us and I'm truly sorry to learn about problems with your refund request and our Customer Care.

I would like to check your booking in more detail and also verify at what point your refund process is.

Could you please send me through a private message your 9 digit booking ID and I'll investigate this further right away.

msm6
3/29/16

l cancelled my flight in November 2015 with bravofly due to illness and not being able to fly. i received a response confirming my cancellation and the amount due to be refunded via either voucher or money. But after that email I have sent several emails and made several calls requesting a flight cost breakdown for my insurance company and almost 6 months later i still have not received one. I have been told on a few occasions that they do not have to provide that information or i am sent the same standard refund message. My insurance company need to know the taxes, supplements, charges etc. I do not understand why this is so difficult.
I am also still waiting for my actual refund (which is approx 1/4 of the cost) since november 2015!! I have not received a penny back as yet.i have never experienced anything like this before with any travel company but i am disappointed with myself for not checking out bravofly before booking with them.
i would advise everyone to stay away from this company as what should be a straight forward resolution has been and still is a headache!!

UPDATE 31.3.16
I have received a response since i sent a private message to sofia B but now Bravofly claim that i never responded to the cancellation request which is not true. i responded on the 9th November 2015 which is within the 72 hours limit. I am fed up of these excuses not to pay my refund. It seems like one excuse after the other. Is there a governing body for bravofly surely they must have to answer to someone?

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear ms M.

Thank you for having contacted us here on Sitejabber and I'm very sorry to read that you've had problems with your refund process.

As you perhaps may already know, the airlines may take several months to process a refund depending on the number of requests they are having in queue.

In order to verify your reservation and also in what stage your refund process is, please send us your 9 digit booking ID through a private message.

zenakos
3/16/16

After specifically un-selecting the checkbox for the FULL FLEX i completed the form, entered payment info and it started processing then i get an extra popup ( AFTER THE TOTAL HAD ALREADY BEEN SHOWN ) asking if i wanted $#*!ing fullflex agani which i must have clicked by accident, anyway long story short i went there to save 20pounds and ended up paying over 100pounds extra which they refuse to refund after i immediately called them. if you look across the internet hundreds have people have been tricked into this extra charge. they are a SNEAKY COMPANY stay away!!!!!!!!

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear zenako s,

Thank you for taking the time to share your booking experience with us and the community here on Sitejabber.

We are extremely sorry you have had cause to complain regarding the FullFlex insurance which was added to your booking.
I would like to verify the matter further and clarify the issue as soon as I can. In order to do so, I would be very grateful if you could please provide me with your 9-digit Bravofly booking ID via private message at your earliest convenience.

I look forward to hearing back from you.

gretchenm7
2/22/16

If i could travel back in time one experience I could do without is my decision to use bravofly. What started with a cheap 2 hour flight from Cambodia to Hong Kong has now cast a dark shadow over our entire holiday. Our simple request was that we change our flight to a few days later. All seemed to be going to plan, we received an email showing us the new flight itinerary and the cost (only $60) and that all we needed to do was call the number provided and all changes would be made. Upon making this call our first red flag was that the operator told us that had we called within 30 minutes of receiving the email we could have made the changes, but now we needed to wait for someone else to call us. We waited and waited but no call. We woke the next day with a missed call and a voicemail from 2am in the morning and also an email informing us that because we did not answer all requests and changes had been terminated. We started the process all over again and i will not bore you with the same details but this continued everyday for a week. Middle of the night phone calls and terminated requests. Even after emphasising our time zone. It has now been so long that the cost to change the flight is now 7 times the amount of original flight cost (even the operator was confused by the outrageous cost), there is no refund on cancellation and to buy a new flight would cost us a small fortune as it is so close to the flying time. No one we have spoken to has any clue as to how to help us and some have on occasions simply hung up, which leaves me mind boggled as to what the point of their job actually is if they are unable to handle something as simple as a flight change. All in all there are no words to describe how utterly frustrating and confusing this whole bravofly company is. Highly recommend paying more for a flight else where, it doesn't get much worse than this.

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Gretchen M.,

We are truly sorry to read that you have had problems to change your flight reservation with us and that you aren't satisfied with the Customer service you received.

In order for us to process the change we need to be in contact with Customer over the phone. I'm sorry if our agents couldn't reach you in time and if now the ticket fare has increased.

As you probably know, we have plenty of bookings daily and sometimes we prioritize the upcoming ones first. This, however, should not be an excuse and I'd like to look better into your reservation in order to check our management regarding to your change request also.

Please reply to our private message by providing your 9 digit booking ID and we'll be glad to check this further,

kirstyk2
2/22/16

I would not use this company. I was booking flights and having input payment details I went to confirm, the company then added an insurance surcharge of £34. I tried to abort the booking and as I did not receive a confirmation email I assumed the booking had been cancelled. I later received confirmation and then tried to cancel by telephone to be told that they would refund 90% of the cost in the form of vouchers!
I responded to the message below, but received no reply - just put it down to an expensive mistake, but won't make the same mistake twice!

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Kirsty K.

Thank you for your message.

I'm sorry to hear that you have had issues with your reservation. Please note that all additional services, such as insurance or Full Flex- package are supposed to be selected by Customer and these services that we offer during the booking phase are completely optional.

The cost of every additional service selected by Customer during the booking phase is added into the grand total of the booking which Customer sees prior confirming the purchase.

Unfortunately many of these additional services aren't refundable ( as for example Full Flex package which entitles you to receive 90 % of the ticket price back in form of a voucher code in case of cancellation ) but I would like to verify further your booking details and the particular service you purchased.

Please reply to our private message with your 9 digit booking ID and we will check the details of your reservation.

bilald6
2/5/16

I booked my flight for 9 Feb [Booking ID: 580856485] on 14th Jan 2016. On Feb 5th they sent me an email saying "...due to a system check your reservation with booking ID 580856485 had to be cancelled.". They took 5 mins to pull the money from the CreditCard but now i am trying to call them up for the refund amount and i am not getting any proper response from them. Really pissed off.

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Bilal D.,

We are sorry that we have been unable to confirm your booking. Our system automatically detected an unsecure transaction, therefore it was blocked immediately in order to protect your booking.
The reason there may still be a transaction pending on your card is due to the temporary credit limit system used to take payment. The amount has been released by us but the time taken may vary depending on your bank or card provider. I have asked our Customer Care Team to send you a proof of transaction document that you can pass on to your bank and may help speed up the process somewhat.

jacquelineb22
2/2/16

Bravofly, Last Minute.com or whatever they call themselves, stink.
This is my story and some ideas you can try if you have suffered too.
Last February (2015) I booked a flight for myself and OH to go to Tenerife South from Gatwick. Unfortunately, we had to return from Tenerife North to take advantage of Bravofly's 'cheap' offer.
Our holiday started with a flight to Tenerife on 19th December 2015 and it was fine until we tried to come home. First we took a taxi from South to North for our early morning flight. However, when we got there we couldn't see our flight listed. This, we learned, was because it had been cancelled 3 months beforehand.
Bravofly didn't tell us.
So there we were with 48 hours until the next flight and no help whatever from Iberia. Stressed as we were we had to find a hotel that we could afford at the last minute; it wasn't easy or cheap in the capital of Santa Cruz.
When we returned home we asked Bravofly for our money to be refunded. They said it was the responsibility of the airline (Iberia) and refused to talk to us. They actually put the phone down on us on two consecutive days as soon as I said my booking reference.
So I thought I'd make a claim in the small claims court. I couldn't. Bravofly.co.uk's head office is in Switzerland which is outside the EU for legal purposes.
I phoned ABTA; Bravofly is not a member. I phoned ATOL re Iberia and ATOL told me that the fault lay with Bravofly.
So what could I do
Had I booked by credit card I would have had a redress against the card company but I booked by debit card so I have started a debit card dispute with my bank. After all I didn't get what I paid for.
Next I contacted the European Consumer Network who signposted me to the FCAB Switzerland. The FCAB said they knew of the company and were considering legal action but could not help me as an individual.
So as soon as I have heard from my bank re the dispute, I will be in touch with my insurance company.
What I do want to encourage is that people who are affected negatively by Bravofly or lastminute.com go directly to the FCAB via telephone on +41 58 462 20 00 or you can write to them at their postal address: Federal Consumer Affairs Bureau, Einsteinstrasse 2, 3003 Berne, Switzerland.or you can email them at fair-business@seco.admin.ch
I hope you will win out against these unfair practices. Good luck.

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Jacqueline B.

Thank you for your message.

We are sorry to read about the inconvenience you have had with us and that your flights were cancelled.

In order to investigate further your query we kindly invite you to reply to our private message and provide us your 9 digit booking id.

Once we have your booking reference our Complaints department will contact you to discuss further about your complaint.

jamesm380
1/25/16

I knew it straight away when I couldn't do my online check-in I tried & tried but have put it aside & re booked with the Airline, but I wonder how do these scammers keep getting away with it with all the letters I've just read ( I wish I wasn't in such a hurry yesterday ) but now I know it will be a waste of effort to do any more.....
Stupid business plan & my star rating for them would be stardust °

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear James M,

Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback.

I am sorry you have had cause to complain regarding our services. I would be grateful if you could please provide us with your 9-digit Bravofly booking ID at your earliest convenience so that I can look into the matter and verify the reasons why you were unable to proceed with the online check-it.

imranr11
1/21/16

I booked my flights with this company and they took the money from my credit card straight away.. The next day I received an e-mail saying that my tickets have been cancelled due to a system error and they have refunded my money.. It has been over a week and the money hasn't shown up on my credit card.. I have been trying to contact them.. I wait in the queue for 10 minutes and their system automatically disconnects me.. Should've checked the reviews before booking with them..

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Imran R.,

Thank you for contacting us here on Sitejabber.

I would be very grateful if you could please provide us with your 9-digit Bravofly booking ID so that I can ask our Customer Care Team to send you a proof of transaction document that you can pass on to your bank and may help speed up the process somewhat.

alans83
1/15/16

I've just booked flights to brazil, paid for them and waited for confirmation. Company took money and then cancelled my flight after money left my account! Apparently due to technical issues. Complete rubbish! They take the money so quickly but are slow to give it back, if I get it back!

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Alan S.

We are sorry to read that your booking request wasn't confirmed.

We've sent you a private message requesting you to forward us your e-mail address in order to track your booking request in our system and help you with your query

timh52
11/19/15

I selected the cheapest company (as you do) from a comparison site: £194 compared to £195 on two or three other well-known names. On the final screen there was "Total cost of the booking: £193.90" beside a 'Confirm' button. When I got the receipt I had been charged £217.52! I complained. The final answer given was that the total cost offered had below it in small print "Promotional price includes a discount of ..... , valid when paying with JCB". Now Ive never heard of JCB, except if youre talking about the mobile diggers! Its a credit card, apparently. I checked; JCB has only 1.12% of the world market! Other companies (the ones quoting £195) may well not have had such a sneaky clause in them.

They had me! There in the small print was an 'addition' to the 'total cost'. The discount with JCB would not apply to the 99% of us who use VISA, MasterCard, AmEx, etc... IF they wish to state "discount for JCB card users:" then fine. That small print is so easily missable under the BIG CONFIRM button right after the total cost lie! Thats what it is: a lie! A very clever lie since they have you legally. Its not illegal but it IS immoral! Ryanair had a very similar legal scam a few years ago, but they had done nothing wrong!

To think I went with this company just to save £1! Ended up costing me £22.52 more than the next company!!

UPDATE!:

My previous review of these charlatans produced a response from the company and an offer of a voucher (NOT a refund) of the amount they scammed from me. Since I knew I would be booking a flight the following year, I accepted.

When I went to use the voucher, it would not work properly, so I rang the service centre. They put me on hold. Until I got fed up waiting. They apologised, said they would get someone to ring me back. About four or five times this happened, in various forms. Since I was getting nowhere, and had to get the flight booked, I went ahead on a different site (which turned out cheaper than their flight WITH the voucher!) and emailed them about this problem. All I get back are the standard "your voucher is for the value of £x, it is valid until x date. When you go onto our booking page, on page 3, enter the code...."

Doesn't matter how many times I tell them by email or by phone that THE VOUCHER DOES NOT WORK!!!!!!!, I get nothing, nada, zilch! I have demanded a cash refund. What do you think I've got in response to that? Yeah, **** all!

Even if another company is charging a few pounds more, I'd say go with THEM. There could NOT be a worse travel company. Could there? Please, God, no!

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Hi Tim H.

Many thanks for your email and we're sorry to hear you have had cause to complain about our payment system.

The extra payment is related to the card payment fee (which is updated on the payment screen when you choose the method of payment). The final price is then displayed before you confirm your booking.

Having booked your flights with us as an online booking agent we apply a commision in order to take care of any management of the booking for you.

I'm aware that our Complaints department have been in touch with you regarding the latter, please don't hesitate to reply on our e-mail message if you have any further questions.

nicolet61
11/12/15

This company is a scam! Don't book with them unless you feel like throwing out your money and a lot of your time!!!

I made two mistakes regarding Bravofly:
1) I booked with them in the first place (...way back in March 2014. This flight was mysteriously cancelled, and I was offered a voucher or a refund. I requested a refund immediately. But despite my request, and a confirmation of this request (it was "registered in [their] system"), I received a voucher number two weeks later. Strange and suspicious.)
2) I gave in and used that voucher to book another flight. (...being weirded out about my sudden flight cancellation and the fact that I received a voucher code instead of the refund I requested, I thought that perhaps I ought to use the voucher since all signs were pointing to me never receiving anything if I waited for the refund.)

WHAT HAPPENED AFTER THAT WAS EVEN MORE RIDICULOUS:
I used the voucher for a flight for my husband (...as I had already booked my flights since I was super pregnant and had to get in the long-haul before I popped...), and it was ALSO CANCELLED, ONLY ONE DAY before his flight while we were in Portugal on our baby-moon. Amazingly, I caught the email regarding this cancellation with a few hours (the email said I had 72 hrs to respond AND that "the only possible alternative was a refund"), called the phone number they provided in the email--not a valid number, called EVERY number on their extensive list--not one worked, and wrote back an email calmly stating my irritation with the 2nd cancellation and its severe inconvenience it caused us, also stating that their call centers do not accept calls (yes, I even tried paying the Vat 6,10 from a landline), and to RECONFIRM that yes, of course, I wanted that refund (since, in their words there was no other alternative). Then I had to scramble to buy an overpriced last minute ticket for my husband as I was preparing to board a plane for the States. During my ten hour flight to the States, apparently they tried calling me twice, which I could not, of course, answer (TOO LATE, I might add). When I landed, I received an email from them saying that it wasn't their fault (CLASSIC BRAVOFLY: PASS THE BLAME ONTO SOMEONE ELSE), and this explanation:

"Please note that we sent you the refund as only option availble, because actually the airline has any alternative flight on same day and unfortunately, during the weekend days, they are closed and we are not able to have any authorization for any kind of option, except refund."

AND

"Could [you] confirm to bravolfy direcly the refund of total amount transaction?"

...to which I thought, 'fine, I guess that makes sense, even though it was kind of their fault for working with shady airlines that cancel at the last minute for no reason'...and...'what is this, the fourth time I'm sending them an email to "confirm" that I want a refund?...sheesh!' AND, to which I wrote back and stated in e x t r e m e l y clear language that YES-for the fourth time-I want a refund.

Seven months and one baby boy later, I received an email stating that the airline went out of business (surprise) and that it's not their fault we have to wait so long for our refunds.

A month after that, I get an email stating that I will receive my refund after some months (minus a 20euro fee, of course. Pfff!)

Another month later, I get an email stating that they've refunded me 17 euros. What?! I certainly did not pay 17 euros for that flight! To this I sent another (rather irritated email stating that 17euros is an insult). This email did not go through as the email address was no longer valid. I gave up on the whole thing for a while.

In March of this year, I finally got a hold of bravofly on the phone, to which they explained that I couldn't be refunded my whole amount (only 17 stinking euros) because I used a voucher (remember that voucher I received instead of the initial refund I requested from the first last minute flight cancellation?). So, I purchased a flight, I requested a refund, I got a voucher in return (for no reason), I used the voucher to purchase another flight, that flight was cancelled super last minute--screwing me over in lots of ways--I was told the "only alternative was a refund," I waited nearly a year for that refund, to only get 17 euros and ANOTHER USELESS VOUCHER!

Why USELESS, you ask? Ha, and the saga continues...

Two days ago, I was booking multiple flights for my husband, my son and I. And I figured, 'heck, why don't I try to use that stupid voucher for at least one of our flights?' Hahaha, I booked my son and my flights with the airline (see, I have learned from my mistakes;) and tried to book my husband on the same flight through bravofly. I went through the whole online reservation system, and, guess what: NO VOUCHER CODE FIELD AVAILABLE! I called them (haha...those phone numbers are bunk), I searched and searched, even looked up the 'how to use voucher codes on bravofly page', found exactly where that stinking field was SUPPOSED TO BE (...on the "Reservation" page, under the "Special Transport Needs", in the field Do you own a discount code (voucher)?), and it still wasn't there. I tried multiple browsers, I had my husband check on his laptop, I checked on my iPhone, I even had my mom check on her desktop and, it still wasn't there. No such thing as a voucher code field. So, I gave up, obviously that stupid voucher that I never wanted was USELESS...obviously I wasted a bunch more of my time.

I decided to write them one last time before I started to go online with my story...because I'm too nice for my own good...and guess how they responded:

"Thank you for contacting us.

Regarding to your previous e-mail, we would like to inform you that you can provide your voucher code on the "Reservation" page, under the "Special Transport Needs".

If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us."

YOU KNOW WHAT I DID? I checked--for the exact same flight--and, hahahaha, that VOUCHER CODE FIELD MAGICALLY APPEARED. (In other words, they repaired their website after I messaged them).

Oh my...oh my, oh my, oh my. Not only did they lure me in with a fake flight on a bankrupt airline, then cram a voucher down my throat when I demanded a refund, then-when I used that voucher-book me on another scam flight, then yank me around for a year saying that I'd receive a refund (it was the only option, right?), then give me another frickin voucher that could not be used when I needed because there was no voucher code field where it was supposed to be, BUT, instead of apologizing for a glitch on their website or some normal excuse like that, THEY ALSO INSULT ME BY INSINUATING THAT I WAS TOO MUCH OF AN IDIOT TO FIGURE OUT WHERE THEIR DARN VOUCHER CODE FIELD WAS ON THE RESERVATION PAGE!

Really. It's one thing to steal some one's money through a run of the mill scam, it's another to insult their basic intelligence regarding the inanely simple task of filling out a da*n webpage form.

So, Bravofly, keep my money. And don't even bother responding to this or apologizing...we are beyond that.

(by the way, I'm posting this on EVERY travel site I can find, so have fun erasing it;)

Response from Sofia B., Bravofly.co.uk Representative
Dear Nicole Thaci, thank you for contacting us. We are sorry to read the above. We looked into your reservation and regarding our internal system there was a schedule change on both flight reservations you had with us. Since we are a travel agency online we can't unfortunately prevent sudden flight time variations as they are strictly defined by the operating airline. In case of schedule change the airline offers an alternative flight or refund. Regarding your second flight reservation the alternative flight was fully booked and therefore only available option was refund. Regarding the second booking and cancelletion of the flight the airline provided a full refund which we forwarded to you using the original payment method. As you purchased your booking using your Voucher code we reissued the code and e-mail was sent with further information. The residual was refunded monetary. Our complaints department have contacted you via e-mail explaining the above issues with more detail. Please don't hesitate to reply on our e-mail message if you have any other questions. Thank you, Kind regards Sofia

Hello Jacqueline, This is a rogue company, they know that they are thieving are from each transaction. Thieves are the last people to worry about negative reviews on their website. They get away with the fraud, as there is no such thing as internet police.

By Balwant B.

Dear Stefan P, Apologies for the delay in our response here. We are very sorry for the bad comments you have read on the Internet about our company. Unfortunately these bad reviews can easily be found, but I can assure you that these are just a low percentage of the happy and satisfied customers who book everyday on Bravofly. We can still check the possibility of cancelling your ticket and the refundable amount offered by the airline. In order to do so could you please send us your 9-digit Bravofly booking ID. Also, for future reference, here is a list to all our Customer Service numbers, with many available at local rates (http://www.bravofly.com/content/en/other-telephone-numbers.html) Many thanks, Sofia

By Sofia B., Bravofly.co Representative

Dear Sabrina, thank you for your message. You may find all our phonenumbers from the following link : http://www.bravofly.com/content/en/other-telephone-numbers.html Otherwise you can send us a private message with your 9 digit ID booking number and we'll help you with your issue. Thank you, Sofia

By Sofia B., Bravofly.co Representative

Dear Gina P. We are truly sorry for the bad comments you have read on the Internet about our company. Unfortunately these bad reviews can easily be found, but I can assure you that these are just a low percentage of the happy and satisfied customers who book everyday on Bravofly. Bravofly is one of the major leaders in the online travel industry. We manage thousands of bookings every day and the vast majority of them lead to satisfied customers. We hope that in the future you will take advantage of our services and become one of our satisfied and regular customers. Should you wish to talk with us directly please send us a private message All the best, Sofia

By Sofia B., Bravofly.co Representative

Hi Sangheeta, The first thing regarding booking your ticket from Banglore to London is to forget rogue companies like Brave-fly. You may be able to book this on British Airways, who have a direct flight. Book on their own website. You want to check, which airline offers a free change fo date for the return journey. I think Air India, jet airways and Emirates offer free change. Other wise single tickets, as cancelling return ticket is not worth a lot.

By Balwant B.

Dear Simon T., Thank you for contacting us here on SiteJabber. Please contact our customer service (for a full list of a our call centres please click here: http://www.bravofly.com/content/en/other-telephone-numbers.html). One of our operators will be more than happy to verify the baggage allowance for your flight. Kind regards, Sofia

By Sofia B., Bravofly.co Representative

Dear Meryem A., Thank you for contacting us here on SiteJabber. Please contact our customer service (for a full list of a our call centres please click here: http://www.bravofly.com/content/en/other-telephone-numbers.html) One of our operators will be more than happy to verify whether your request is possible and assist you. Kind regards, Sofia

By Sofia B., Bravofly.co Representative

Dear Lynne T., Thank you for your message. Bravofly is one of the major leaders in the online travel industry. We manage thousands of bookings every day and the vast majority of them lead to satisfied customers. As a matter of fact, our business model is quite complex: we are an online booking engine that allows you to compare and book the flights of more than 500 airlines (both traditional and low cost) and we work closely with airlines when we need to issue your tickets. As soon as we receive a booking request we contact the airline to be 100% sure about your flight. We confirm 99% of the flights in a very short period of time. I hope that in the future you will take advantage of our services and if so I am quite sure you will become one of our satisfied and regular customers. All the best, Sofia

By Sofia B., Bravofly.co Representative

Hi Richard C., I'm very sorry for my late answer and thank you for your comment here and I'm sorry to hear that you have not yet received any confirmation. In the case we can still support you, could you please send us private message with more details and confirming your email address and we will look into it?Thank you. Kind regards, Sofia

By Sofia B., Bravofly.co Representative

Hi Jemma, Thank you for providing us with your message and I am very sorry to read of the problems you encountered with your tickets and we would like to help you if possible. With that mind, I would like to ask you for more details and I will then forward your request to the relevant Team in order to investigate your case. As the quickest and most efficient way is via private message. You may message us your 9 digit booking ID and I'll check your reservation further. Kind regards, Sofia

By Sofia B., Bravofly.co Representative
Questions? Get answers from the Bravofly.co.uk staff and other customers.

Bravofly.co.uk?