Review of BluDomain

Centennial, Colorado 80015, United States
info@bludomain.com

melissag327
5/2/19

Frequently took my site down without warning, did not receive bills. Had this reoccurring issue for 7-8 years before we were finally able to recover the domain and host elsewhere. Now having difficulties getting a copy of my email subscription list. Have experienced uncountable lost revenue as a result of this companies awful business practices.

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
Melissa's hosting was due in September 2018. She failed to pay her hosting fee, in November we gave her the final notice that we would be closing the hosting account/termination. It's now May and she would like to find some emails she is missing unfortunately we can't recover those as her hosting server is terminated.
melissan125
4/12/19

I don't know if I can top the stories here but, they never told me last year that my domains expired and now they stole and own a domain that I bought from GoDaddy. Imagine that. So all nine of my websites are gone and I told Aundrea Hasselbach or whatever her name is that I want my websites up again on my new domains I purchased or I was filing a civil lawsuit in the Denver court system and this is what the bimbo said:

"Your websites were not affected in the crash & don't threaten me Melissa, that is not okay. You haven't been online for over a year - as our hosting company has stated and all your websites aren't compatible on the internet anymore. You haven't bought a new Flash site in years. I have done all of the research now - you need to start over and buy HTML sites, that's all we sell at bludomain.com"

Well you know what Aundrea??? It's not okay to keep my money and not put my templates up online. I will do whatever it takes to shut your company down. Why you are still in business is beyond me. I promise you that. Like I told you. It doesn't cost me any money to fly to Denver as many times as it takes. I don't think any of your clients have taken you to court. That's why you keep ripping people off.

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
Melissa, you haven't been online for over a year we aren't going to engage in this threat.
ginnyt11
3/28/19

After suffering (in their own words) a catastrophic server crash in 2018 (but failed to notify any of their customers) I spent weeks, at great expense trying to figure out why I couldn't access my website. It turns out that their severs are not secure and therefore, neither are their customer's details, websites and information. I must have sent hundreds of emails to them to try to sort it out. They answered one or two and then ignored me. It has cost me a lot of money to have a new website built. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. IT IS A CON.

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
Ginny, the crash was a very unfortunate unpredicted and unpreventable catastrophe after all the legal investigation was done. Actually, it's very hard to even respond to this comment you left because everything you are stating is false. Every single thing. I will be sending this to our legal team.
jacobol
12/25/18

I had a good relation with BluDomain, until 18Dec. Since then, my site, www.jacnmacphotography, has been down and I have been totally ignored by this company. I come to learn that they take possession of your domain name, so if you host with them, you will not be able to control your domain.

Now, I have lost business, my files, and my site.

Please do not do any business with this company, at ALL.

Tip for consumers: Never use this company for your webstie

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
The registrar doesn't allow us to put the domain names under individual names, the positive is that our clients have private registration perks for free. We have replied to every ticket and have sent PayPal invoices and your domain is still not paid for. You can send $20.00 via PayPal to info@bludomain.com
christinab222
10/14/18

I used to host and use templates with Bludomain. I had a hard time with their templates and customer service was so unhelpful. I canceled with Bludomain in 2015 but they billed me for hosting in 2016 and I emailed them to stop billing me as I do not host with them anymore. In 2017 they billed me again and I paid it by mistake. I was sleep deprived from having a 1 month old and Bludomain took advantage of that. They billed me again hoping to get paid for services they do not even provide. When I realized the following August, I emailed them and opened up tickets but they were ignored 3 times totally deleted off the website.

I opened up a new ticket a few weeks later and received this response:
Christina,
If you don't host with us - you would always need to tell us that at the time of your invoice. We have no way of knowing you dont host with us if that is not said at the time of billing. I don't show any invoices going out this year. If you pay it on your end then we can't be accountable for that. Very sorry.
Sincerely,
Aundrea

Why is it my responsibility 2 years in a row to tell them how to do their job? They invoiced me for a second year in a row after I already told them in 2016 to stop billing me when I do not host with them- I canceled in 2015. They seem to feel that it is ok to bill me for a service they do not provide and then tell me it's my fault for paying it. They billed me for a second year in a row for services they DO NOT PROVIDE.

dianeb354
8/8/18

Dear Aundrea H. you level of professionalism could use some serious work. You lost my business. Why? Because instead of admitting that you never send the invoices (yeah, it goes to paypal & guess what, has a date attached) EVERY YEAR since 2015 and after a week of noticing my website is down I still haven't received the hosting invoice. You only send the domain expiration invoice. How difficult is it to send 2 invoices?! YOUR JOB ISN'T HARD. Arguing with customers because you're too chicken $#*! to own up to a mistake---is pathetic and very poor customer service. I asked for a supervisor--in hopes of salvaging the relationship, but NO--she says SHE OWNS THE COMPANY. You have lost my business to squarespace & now, at least I don't have the headache every year of begging you for invoices so I can pay YOU and then having you blame me for not receiving them, claiming you sent them 3 months ago. What a $#*!ing joke. I call this customer dis-service. We'll see how long you stay in business.

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
Diane,
Very sorry you feel this way. We invoice almost 2 months out. You asked for another invoice on August 4th in which it was sent by PayPal this is the receipt from PayPal that shows me that the receipt was sent from them.

Last night and today you are stating that we never send invoices. I did send you this last night to show that it had been sent with an alternative to pay the fee so that we could take care of this quickly.

I'm not sure why they aren't reaching your inbox, it can happen (spam, being rejected etc) but I have given you many alternatives including self-paying via PayPal and/or updating your email address to another that we can try.

begin forwarded message:

From: "service@paypal.com" <service@paypal.com>
Subject: You've sent a money request
Date: August 4, 2018 at 7:56:12 PM MDT

Transaction ID: U-38G41472F93172918 August 4, 2018

Amount requested $20.00 USD
carlor27
7/16/18
• Updated review

First of all my name is Carlo, not Carlos.
What you are telling me "I would highly recommend you take the option of putting up a gallery, an about us page, a homepage and a contact page which should take no longer than one hour" is not possible because my admin log in link is giving me a totally white page and nothing else leaving no way to do anything.
I asked for a refund of the money that i sent you for the hosting immediately, because my site was down due your site crash days before the payment was made. At the time of my payment to renew my hosting with you I didn't knew that,until some clients told me. Still till now I don't have anything to work on my site as I just explain you. I demand also the refund of the cost of the template that I payd for and I don't have anymore. Since before the 26 of June (day that I made the payment) I have no site, I have no hosting, I have no way to rebuild my site, you lost all my emails and worst of all you lost all my clients proofing galleries that is a huge lost of income for me. Aren't those enough reasons to demand my money back and perhaps ask for much much more if you are keeping holding me back? Since you haven't delivered any service but in contrary you lost everything that belongs to me I have all the legal rights to demand my money back. My patient will be over if my demands will not be satisfied before Friday 20 of July.

Carlo Raciti

“Answer to: Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative”
7/8/18
• Previous review

Aundrea H, telling your clients that they are making a ridiculous statement is like calling them ridiculous. That's the level of your professionalism. And this is your answer to a client who has paid you for 10 years, purchasing several templates and expensive hosting. Just like your lack of professionalism on your FB page where the admin simply deletes any negative comments. What sort of company announces via their social media channels that they simply don't read their clients' comments because they're negative? But of course you also deleted your own comments because clearly you recognised that it was ridiculous to say something like that in the first place. So who is ridiculous now? The bottom line is that my site has been down for more than two weeks, I'm waiting on a refund for hosting, my clients lost all of their proofing galleries, I have to spend weeks to create a brand new site and all my clients are asking me what sort of site do I have. So, if all this doesn't sound to you like it has ruined a photographer's reputation, what would be your definition? But it's probably better you don't answer that because clearly you're not qualified to do so. You should maybe choose another line of work, because that is not how a company communicates with its clients. But of course you're thinking that due to the complications of a lawsuit, most people won't take that course. Well, I hope that there will be a class action at some point soon. Not only has it affected me, but it has also affected my clients. Who is going to pay me for the weeks of work to upload all of the content on my site and what about all the emails I've lost?
Carlo Raciti www.carloraciti.com (which, of course, is down)

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
Carlos, what I meant by ridiculous is that no one can ruin you as a photographer, correct? We stated very clearly on Facebook that we would be only answering tickets at the noted emailed address to create a efficiency, organization. We were dealing with a server failure - a catastrophic event to us and our clients. We didn't answer any comments as noted positive or negative. We were instructed by our legal team to operate in such a manner which worked tremendously for us in treating this situation with urgency and organization. We had 98% of our clients up within one day Carlos, I"m sorry that you are still down. I hope you get back up soon, we had given options within minutes of the server failure. We are very satisfied with our performance. I would highly recommend you take the option of putting up a gallery, an about us page, a homepage and a contact page which should take no longer than one hour. This will create an online presence as you slowly add things.
“0 stars”
6/27/18
• Previous review

bludomain.com you are totally unprofessional. My site doesn't work anymore and you lost all my data and photos.You have ruined years of work of thousands of photographers who have been supporting you, as I do, for years. Better to be ready to face thousands lawsuits

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
Carlo, we had a catastrophic server failure, one server we have over 100. In 20 years this has never happened. Photos are not lost as we have been told they are still recoverable. We haven't ruined photographers, that's a ridiculous statement. It's a website, yes devastating and heartbreaking but it doesn't ruin photographers.
sergiom71
7/11/18

Never, never, but never trust in this company. If you are still with them it is time to change hosting. A few weeks ago, they lost the information of hundreds of people, including me, emails over 7 years old, pages, everything. They just said they would give you a $ 100 template and that's it. They answered when they wanted and after several mails never answered again. They were not professional enough to face it, you are in time to avoid these problems. There was no justification for their failure since they had to have back up discs that they did not have.

katef73
7/10/18

I used to love working with BluDomain - their site templates were sharp and reliable, as was their customer service.

This time using them, I have been extremely disappointed in the product - especially recently.

Their RAID crash recently has meant that my site has not been up and running for two weeks. They did not even reach out to me to let me know about this issue. I had no idea my site was not working until a client reached out to tell me.

As an entrepreneur, I rely on my website to generate business and to stay in contact with my clients.

I am working on getting a refund and will be looking into other options for my website.

Truly disappointed in this situation...

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
When our servers crashed as you received in the letter that we sent out, we could not contact our clients as the server had failed. We worked swiftly and urgently to make sure all points of contact, our website, our social media platforms etc had pertinent information within minutes of realizing we had a server failure. When the server failed your email stopped working, your website etc we are very sorry you didn't realize your website and email weren't working for 2 weeks. We feel very satisfied with our disaster recovery module that was in place and our communication workaround. We are very sorry for the frustration this has caused you.
willr54
7/5/18

Don't use them, heed the reviews and don't use them. Avoid the outages, the lost of data, the outdated templates that don't function. Here's them apologizing on July 4th, 2018 for another outage. "We are personally sorry for any inconvenience that we caused some of our clients during this server failure." Zero stars needs to be an option, anywhere but bludomain.

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
Dear be afraid - we have been in business for 20 years & this has never happened to our company. Incredibly frustrating but it is a machine. We have 1 star because this platform is for negative commenters such as yourself. We are the most advanced web company in the industry. We hope you never have to experience as a business owner. We in contrary to what you are posting, know we handled this server issue with urgency and treated it as a critical situation from the moment we were aware of the server failure. We are every pleased with our team. Best Wishes!
mollies10
6/27/18

BluDomain lost my entire website, blog and 6 MONTHS of emails! That is HUGE! All of my work. Countless hours. 5 days ago I paid for another year of service and I don't want to continue OBVIOUSLY. I do not trust them at all. And I wasn't happy with my website anyway. I asked for a refund and this is what they tell me, "We can only apologize for the inconvenience and do all we can to get your web presence back. We are compensating new websites & support. This was a catastrophic event that could not be predicted or prevented". NO NO NO! How terrible is this. Terrible customer service. Do not go with this company. Do not!

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
Mollie, Mollie. We have already addressed your situation & emails are not lost they are in recovery mode, that unfortunately takes time. We didn't lose your work - you still have that somewhere I hope. We had a server failure that lost websites. They are replaceable and our own concerns right now are getting clients back online. It's super frustrating and as you stated you will not accept our apology. We hope you have a better day.
hollyt51
6/26/18

I've been a customer of Bludomain since 2016 (this time around) and have kicked myself ever since. Everyone is right, the communication is non-existent and now, my site is gone- as in ITS BEEN ERASED, due to server issues. The problem was not communicated to their clients, instead they wait for you to notice on your own by losing business and wondering what the heck is going on. I have sent in numerous requests as to what the problem is and what to expect next. They have not responded once, only sent me a canned script of "being aware of the issue" with an apology. No solution. I am reporting them to the BBB and have written a request to sever all ties, including stopping any future billing. It's in writing, for whatever that's worth. To many (as I see here!) continuous billing seems to be a problem- even after sites are cancelled or dropped. I hope that's not the case here, we shall see. RUN FAR AWAY from this company.

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
Holly, we had a site server failure and not one since it failed have you emailed our team. In 20 years as a company, we have never had this happen. Sorry that your first line of attack is to kick someone when their down. A company who has had solutions in place from day 01 of the failure. We wish you the best.
leeg116
6/22/18

I have had numerous issues with BluDomain over the years but typically they get resolved eventually. You have stay on top of them and baby sit them, I wouldn't host through them. Recently their RAID servers failed and according to them approx. over 1000 clients lost their websites and emails including mine. They gave me another template and I have to start all over, not to mention no emails for the past several days and lost. I would go with WordPress and stay clear of BluDomain. Not to mention I was never billed for a my renewal last time and my site was shut down. BluDomain is selective on what issues they respond with. This morning they told my emails have been restored, six hours later no emails and they will not respond to my email inquiry buy they will respond to Template inquiry. Bludomain responded with a minute of this review but not to my customer service questions, I guess its all priorities.

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
Lee, when a catastrophe - server issue happens it's extremely frustrating. Your comments are extremely insulting and most everything you have stated is 100% untrue. We have worked on this issue with urgency. This has never happened to us in 15 years but once. It is not over 100,000 clients and no one from BluDomain told you this. This situation requires sensitivity and patience. We haven't missed a beat - our clients are our first priority.
sallyg44
2/9/18

You know when you research a company, restaurant, hotel or other establishment and you read some bad reviews but decide to give it a shot anyway? Yeah don't do that with bludomain. Stay far far away from them. I've been trying to get someone to get back to me after numerous emails about the fact that they bill me every year for a service they don't provide for me (hosting) and they still ignore me. But it's ok, as someone who works from home in front of a computer most days I'll be really good at sending the same email to them every day, every hour, over and over and over again until I get a response. I'm sure they will come back with a few lies stating I wasn't a client or that I only sent 1 email, but that's sort of how bludomain works.

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
We don't show any invoices going to you Sally as you are not a client of BluDomain. We also invoice our clients only & it's up to our clients to pay their invoice. That's how we get paid. We have one email from you today & that was answered promptly. I hope that answers all of your questions if not feel free to respond to the ticket our team answered.
emmaf53
1/24/18

Useless. ZERO communication, have to chase and chase and chase and chase, get angry then possibly you might get a response. Its cheap for a reason.

genea25
1/17/18

I have been with Bludoamin for over 10 years. Last year I had multiple problems with my site being shut down. I paid my $100.00 hosting fee and then on three different occasions my site was shut down because I did not pay. Each time I had to provide bank information to confirm I had paid. After three times Bludomain apologized and said they would give me a free year of hosting. Fast forward to receiving my invoice for 2018 hosting..I have sent at least 6 e-mails concerning this issue. I have not received one response. I absolutely hate these companies that make it impossible to reach an actual human. I find this extremely poor customer service and I highly recommend you do not do business with this company. Bludomain is fine if you never have a problem but as soon as you do thet are no where to be found.

emmys4
1/12/18

Why won't anyone from Blu Domain get in touch with me? I have been trying for months to ask about MY domain name that Go Daddy says YOU own! Please get back with me! I have been a faithful customer since 2008!!!

jm352
11/20/17

Lack of communication on their part.
Charging for things that are not provided.
Help getting site set up is not as helpful as they say.
For the price you pay it is not worth it.

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
J.M

Our sites are $100.00 (one-time fee) I'm sorry that you think that is not valuable. We simply don't charge for things that aren't provided. We have been running BluDomain for over 20 years. We simply wouldn't be in business if we were selling a product that our clients don't receive.

Best wishes!
willb71
10/13/17

Do not use bludomain. Been with them for years. All of a sudden my domain name belongs to someone else and it takes you to some sort of chinese site. Their response to "help" me has been slow and no explanations were given.

carolg118
8/19/17

THIS IS A COMPANY TO AVOID. I should have learned my lesson the first time they lost my website and all the data.
In July 2017, BluDomain deleted my website without saving any of my data due what they called was an admin error'. After being offered 3 years free hosting as compensation, I foolishly agreed to accept and stayed with them and rebuilt my site again from scratch.
Just one year later, they had a major crash, no backups and lost not only my site, but all of their client's sites as well. It took weeks to reach someone at BluDomain to find out what had happened. Then to add insult to injury, they just sent me an invoice to renew. This is a company to avoid. They are not contactable via phone, often don't respond to support requests via multiple email requests. Find yourself a reliable web hosting company. BluDomain is a disaster.

jennak19
8/9/17

Aundrea at Bludomain has a serious attitude and is so unprofessional! They sent me a Paypal request for $100 after 7 years of not "subscribing" and when I asked for details she could not provide them! Just told me that if I wasn't "willing to pay" then maybe I should move on to a different company...well Aundrea...I am! Thanks for nothing!

Response from Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative
Our hosting fee for all of our sites is $100.00 yearly. Nothing has changed in 20 years. She threatened BluDomain that she would write reviews everywhere because she doesn't want to pay the annual hosting fee that has been the same for over 20 years. A website can't exist without hosting. We simply can't give her hosting for free & we understand if she wishes to move on to another company if our fees are in her budget. If she's not willing to pay then yes another company is best for you.
denisew82
6/29/17

Why is Bludomain so terrible in replying back to customers who need support. Aundrea is terrible about replying.

charissaj1
4/5/17

RUN, run FAR AWAY from ever using them! You will lose money, time, and business if you use them. They do not deliver what they promise and customer service takes DAYS to respond to simple things (like making your website live, for example - it took them 2 weeks to do this, even though they promise in 48hrs). I had an issue with the site I was being told I needed to take up with the manager, Aundrea, and she NEVER responded to emails except for once - to tell me that I didn't have an account with them. Which, I did. I sent my admin link back to her, showed her my page, explained the issues again, and never heard back. They don't give refunds. This is single handedly the WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I have EVER experienced.

lisap205
1/20/17

Blu didn't bill me for my domain, and then shut my site down. Any advice as to what I can do?

Last year they lost my entire site when supposedly their server died. I was one of many people this happened to. Since my photo business is not my primary business, I didn't get around to rebuilding it until last month. Last month, just as they have done for the last 3 years, they did NOT send me a bill to renew my domain and just took my site down. I have been submitting emergency help tickets, sending emails and messaging them on FB and they are blently ignoring me. I found, by reading reviews, this is common practice for them? Can anyone give me advice on #1, how to get my site back, and #2, how to hold them accountable? How can they continue to get away with this? I've filed a complain with BBB but I feel like we need to put these crooks out of business at this point.

ryanl60
1/7/17

Do not use this service. They are extremely unprofessional, not easily reachable and do not put the needs of their clients as a top priority. There are many other hosting services that offer around the clock customer service. If any issues occur on a weekend you will be forced to wait until Monday or later for any resolution. Buyer beware.

Bludomain is out of business, I've used them for three years and they are gone, no site, no email. nice of them to leave me hanging, hope the same happens to them

By ken w.

No one steals domains. If you don't pay your domain name renewal fee, then the registrar takes your domain, email and website down. At day 26 your domain is available to the public auctions should anyone wish to buy it. Usually, this happens by domain name investors if they feel your domain name is worth buying to resell.

By Aundrea H., BluDomain Representative

I had an issue again with not getting response to my emails using the contact button on the website, so I went to the Facebook page, and actually posted a message on there- got a quick response that same day. Problem solved - not to my liking, but problem resolved. I will be looking for a new hosting site soon. If you would like any help with the DBD I would be happy to help- shoot me a message www.lauraleephotography.net

By Laura M.
Questions? Get answers from the BluDomain staff and other customers.

BluDomain?