Review of BikeBandit

Tel: 1-888-339-3888
service@bikebandit.com

ransomj5
4/15/19

I ordered a Honda shadow Aero (2009 ) water pump from bike bandit ,and they sent me a defected water pump ,the mechanic seal of water pump was defected and when I called them to ask for a replacement or a refund upon returning the product the assistant manager Bryan directed me to go to Honda dealers ,why Shall I go to Honda dealers when I paid bike bandit $141???????? $#*!ing makes no sense. I have all the proof of chat messages. Please spend more $$$$$ on actual dealership website than this crook. I lost my money, time, energy peace of mind and writing this review to save you guys a headache.

amandat184
4/12/19

My husband ordered tires from Bike Bandit. The next day he received an email from their fraud department. They wanted the billing address and phone number connected to his debit card. At first I thought it was a scam since I have never in all my years ordering online received an email like that, but since it wasn't asking for sensitive information I told him to reply. The next day he received another email like it, but they also wanted the name of the card issuer and the customer service number. This time he tried to call them, but after sitting on hold for 30 minutes he hung up. He once again sent the info, but changed the phone number, because he sent his cell number the first time and our landline is connected to the account. Later that day he received another email saying they cancelled the order. We have been ordering online for as long as that has been a thing and never had a problem using our cards. I would like to know how much in profit Bike Bandit loses in a year because of this BS. This is our first and last time ordering from them. You don't accuse us of being thieves. I would much rather a company take a chance and ship an unauthorized order than to jack us around for 3 days on an order that is legit. I can always call my bank to order a new card and get the charges reversed. We ended up ordering the same tires from Amazon for around the same price and we'll have them in less than a week. After reading other reviews it seems we would have also been waiting a while for them to be delivered from Bike Bandit, so it's probably a blessing that they were such a crappy company. One last thing. We used my mom's address for the delivery, because we have a PO box and all 3 parcel services have a hard time finding our house. Once again, this is something we have done for years and never had a problem. I have more purchases sent there than to our PO box and I do a lot of online shopping.

jasona223
3/5/19

They sent the wrong shocks from what I had purchased. Then to return
them, they wanted me to pay for shipping and restocking fee's, though it
was their fault. After this they told me I had to remake my order from
scratch to get the shocks I originally wanted. Never again.

Richard Anderson

joshuah155
9/18/18

My recent customer experience with Bikebandit.com was less than satisfactory. Upon receiving the wrong part, I attempted to return the part the first three times I called it seemed as if the "returns" department was just a voice mailbox. When I finally got someone on the phone they laid out the returns policy and it seemed straight forward. I packed it back up in the same fashion I received it and asked for a shipping label as the website offers. I have still yet to hear back, so I was forced to spend extra money to ship it back to them.
When Bikebandit.com's returns department received the part I was immediately told the part was not in the correct packaging. They refused to refund the money and now expect more money to ship a part I didn't need to begin with back to myself.
It would appear that Bikebandit.com has a nice little racket going, not refunding money on a part I'm certain they will sell again. I have since ordered the correct part from 2wheelpros.com and received it in a timely fashion and for $25 less than Bikebandit.com charges.

Response from Mike W., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Joshua,

Our phone lines are open from 6AM to 6PM Monday through Thursday, and 6AM to 5PM Friday. We also have a livechat and email service and respond to emails within 24 hours. In regards to returns, most customers return their parts in the exact condition that we sent them out in. In your case you shipped the handle bar back without the manufactures packaging.
It did not include the outer packaging with the label/barcode. Without the original packaging, the manufacture will not take it back, nor can we sell it as new. We list these conditions in our returns page and also in the emails we send out to the customers. Please feel free to call us and ask for a manger if you need to discuss this further.
bertt10
8/8/18

bad mistake to order from them. My UTV is out of service right now and I foolishly chose to order a crank sensor from them. 7 days and it still has NOT SHIPPED. Eff them and their "business"

Response from Mike W., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Bert,

We emailed you on this yesterday and spoke to you on the phone today regarding this order.

When you placed the order, the fulfillment time may have been overlooked. We state on the website It takes 5-6 business days before Polaris parts ship out.

We hope you choose to shop with us again, please call your order in and we'll be glad to go over the fulfillment times with you.
grega96
7/24/18

Although they do have a disclaimer that says some parts will only ship when they arrive at bike bandit they imply that most parts are in stock and therefore ship in the advertised one day. They do not stock parts and are simply ordering for you from a manufacturer or other vendor. Plus they also don't include their ludicrous long processing time as well. Ordered brake pads. 5 business days to process them all they did was order from galfer. Cancelled order and ordered direct from galfer. Why pay them for shoddy service and slow processing. Galfer shipped next day and at my door in three days. So one day to process and the days international shipping. Bike bandit is so appropriately named.

Response from Mike W., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Greg,

We're sorry you had issues on your order. We never state in stock anywhere on our website. Most items ship out between 1-2 business days. On occasion, some parts can take between 1-10 business days to arrive. This is due to manufacturer delays and fulfillment times. Our product pages will list all approximate shipping time-frames.
Here's an example

We hope you will give us another try!
petet35
6/28/18

I used their online "Does it fit my bike" to order a $145 lithium ion battery.
Came fast enough but did not fit my 2005 Suzuki. The terminals were on the wrong side. To make it work I would have to cut the top off of the battery holder...discard the side cover and rewire the ground and pos cables to make them long enough to reach. Customer service looked it up for me...yes it fits they said. Can't return an open box electrical item. LAST TIME I BUY FROM THESE GUYS!

justint111
4/23/18

Aweful customer service!!! Buyers be ware!!!
I wish i could give no stars

First off i hope this reaches a surporvisor.
Ive been a customer for yrs and till this point have had no issues. I started live chat and was tranfered to customer service so i could modify my order. I have the record of the transcripts if you care. I was tranfered to MARIANA and was left hanging not knowing if she understood what i wanted removed from my order or not, so i called in. CYNTHIA picked up the call and was very helpfull, thanky again cynthia. Sure enough Mariana completley screwed up my order. Heres where it took another turn. After i confermed with her the parts i needed i then kindly asked if i could be transferred to a supervisor to speak about what happened in the live chat. I was on hold for 5 mins or so waiting for the supervisor when cynthia picks up and tells me he (the supervisor) is reviewing my transcripts and will be with me shortly, cool i said and thank you. I was then put back on hold for a few more mins and hung up on.... i called back immediatly and knowone picks up my call. Call back again, same thing. I then hid my caller ID and sure enough almost immediatly Mariana picks up and i ask to speak with supervisor, she sais sure, asks me for my name and or order number and tells me just a moment and puts me in hold. I sit on hold for 5 more mins and just hang up in frustration. Call back again with my caller ID still hidden and knowone picks up. This is the worst customer service ive ever recieved. I will not be ordering from you guys ever again. I also got like 10 emails of various variations on my cancelled order. I have not recived an email for the parts i actually need and have know idea if i will get them or not... what kind of operation are you guys running... i hope to hear back with an appology or something so i know someone in managment recived this, but from what i gather its a garage shop opperation there, and obviesely Marinana and Cynthia are friends and were covering eachothers back. Thats all i have...

path125
12/18/17

terribly slow shipping that seems to get screwed up consistently only to then get screwed up even more....stay away from these fools. They will mess it up every time.

Response from Mike W., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Pat,

Sorry we we're not able to meet your expectations. If your able to follow through with an Order ID, we can look into what happened. We hope to turn your experience around!
vincev8
11/19/17

It's too bad that this is the way they do business, but I guess they don't care if they lose a few customers with this process. I did not expect to have this much trouble to return a defective item that was not first quality as they claim to sell. If you have to return what you purchase beware of this tedious process and customer service reps that make it frustrating to process a simple return.

Response from Mike W., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Vince,

Sorry you had issues with the return process, please feel free to give us a call. Ask for a manager to see how we can turn this around for you.
jg155
9/18/17

Extremely poor communication for an online business. After almost 2 weeks of hearing nothing (not even an confirmation email) after placing a $500 order I finally received a message saying one of the 2 tires (front & rear) I ordered were discontinued. I called in to cancel the order and they managed to do that within 2 minutes without any question as to why or if there is any way they could assist. I had a bad experience with them about 5 years ago and vowed to never do business with them again. I figured they worked out their business issues by now but to my dismay, they are probably worse than before. Save your time and seek out a real online retailer.

Response from Mike W., BikeBandit Representative
Thanks for your review, We are sorry you had issues with your order. If you can please let us know the order ID we can look into what happened.
Feel free to call us and ask to speak with a manager regarding your order.
lynng69
9/6/17

Ordered a product it was no where near the size they said it was. Tried to return (this was within 3 days of receiving order). They won't refund money. Only store credit and they won't give a shipping label. Now it's going to cost $50 to ship back the item was $65. REALLY!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM BIKEBANDIT

Response from Mike W., BikeBandit Representative
Thanks for your review, As for sizing, the sizing charts will vary per manufacturer. We are happy to offer a free return shipping label if your ordering a different size. It sounds like your ordering a close out item, which is returned for store credit only. Please feel free to call in and ask for a manager and we will be glad to take care of you over the phone.
michaelk233
6/29/17

The site is never correct, i purchase a set of tires. The tire size was incorrect i tried to cancel in less than 12 hours and they said you cant. Be careful if you order anything you cant cancel. My suggestion to everyone refuse the shipment for a full refund.

bordains
4/6/17

I recently order some parts from bikebandit which to begin with took over 2 weeks to ship out and receive.I took the part out of the "manufacturers bag" which was just a bag with no parts number and realized it was not the one I needed so I tried to return it. And after paying to send it back to them they denied my refund because it was "appears to have been used and returned without the manufacturers packaging". WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE THE CONNECTOR FOR THE PART I ORDERED WAS DIFFERENT FROM THE CONNECTOR ON MY BIKE SO HOW COULD I POSSIBLY USE IT. So now I am out 400 bucks for a part I didn't and cant even use. Im glad I wasted my time and money. Safe to say I will NEVER buy anything from bikebandit again.

mikes517
3/13/17

On March 2, I placed an order for a little over 1000$ worth of parts for my bike. After reading the reviews here, I made sure to check the shipping times and policies as I ordered each part. I understood that they wanted to group the shipment to ship as one and that the shipping times listed were an additional wait beyond the time it would take for them to ship to me.

Most of the items I ordered had an estimated shipping time of 1 to 2 days. I purposely didn't order anything that would be beyond 5 to 6 day so that it would ship yesterday. I even paid the expedited shipping so that I would get the items early next week taking their lag times into account. As of Thursday night, the two items that were originally listed as 5 to 6 days were still listed as cross shipped.

At this point, I chatted with one of the reps and was told that they didn't even expect to get the last two items till the 14th. I asked him if it would be possible to ship out the rest of the items, which he informed me they had in stock, and he told me they would be shipped out first thing Friday the 10th and I would receive a confirmation email. Neither of these events happened and my order status hasn't changed. This was my second purchase from them and probably will be my last.

As I read the other reviews, I had assumed that people didn't pay attention to their policies and that was why everything seemed slow. That seems to be the standard line when they answer here. I assure you that I read everything. They have not met their stated time or kept their word.

UPDATE- I received a call from a sales rep named Brandon after posting the above review. I was informed of the following:

My shipment was delayed because after they placed my order they realized that the lag time for one of the items was longer than expected. While they updated it on their website, they had no responsibility to contact me to let me know.

While Brandon acknowledged that they agreed to ship out first thing Friday morning, they decided not to because they refused to ship the items using express shipping. They didn't realize the weight of the order I was placing from them so they have cancelled the expedited shipping. I was told it is not their responsibility to know whether customer orders will meet their weight standards for express shipping. He stated the 1000$+ in items I ordered will now be ground shipped which will add an additional week's delay.

According to Brandon, all of these decisions are perfectly appropriate. They, as a company, have no responsibility to keep customers informed of delay as they happen or to honor the agreement at point of sale when it comes to shipping times. They have no responsibility for anything because they couldn't possible know what is involved in shipping items because they sell so many item.

Also, according to Brandon, I shouldn't be concerned about the delay because I used a coupon code at checkout. And while I repeatedly requested them to honor the shipping arrangement, it was flatly refused. It wasn't their responsibility to meet the terms of the sale and they are free to retroactively change the terms of the sale at their discretion.

For full disclosure, I ended up cursing Brandon out. This was the first time in 15 years that I have even raised my voice to a customer service rep. I found his condescension and refusal to accept any responsibility for anything at all frankly mind boggling. This business is the worst business I have ever dealt with.

Tip for consumers: Unless you have no concerns over time frame, do not order from here. Even if you read all of the policies and adhere to them, they will arbitrarily change them after you have paid.

marcelop5
2/17/17

They are really bad. Delayed my order without valid reason, never answered my emails. Deliberately bloked the live chat because they didnt want to chat with me. Their attitude was alwaist against the customer, never to help him. I canceled my order, tired about their mistreatment. . World champions in horrible customers service.

markn87
1/19/17

ban·dit : noun : a robber ...and typically operating in an isolated or lawless area.
synonyms: robber, thief, ... crook, ..raider, freebooter, hijacker, looter, ...

Wish I had read others reviews. As other indicated stated shipping not accurate. parts not in stock and are being 'cross-shipped' and supposedly was notified of this once order was placed within browser, yet there is no such information within the order confirmation email. in the end after waiting 6 days, i'm told the order may ship 7-8 days from when the order was confirmed, and a full 12 days after the order was place.. In order to confirm the presence of any such notification would have to place another order, and orders can not be cancelled on-line but only via calling. Oh, 'your call is important to them, and they place a priority on customer service' ;p

oscara24
12/2/16

Nothing is on stock .Super slow shipping

First of all do not lie to customers with your "ships on 2 to 3 days".Most of the stuff is just resale from other providers specially oem parts.Actually some of us are really expecting that 2 to 3 days to ship to be true to get our machines back on the street.Second...if you offer online chat as customer service train your people or at least tell them to stop giving your customers the run arround...nothing and believe me nothing their bill department offers will eventually be done.Not even a simple email with some order cancellation statement.
Order XA62F2J .I requested an email 5 times with an statement saying some of the items on the order where cancelled.TO HARD 4 U GUYS.
Order QV5X33J.I was offered a shipping refund 2 months ago.Stop blaming my bank ...
Never buying from you guys again.These are only a few of my complains and they will be my very last.

davidl114
4/1/16

Good prices and service but, man, they love to spam your email address as soon as you place an order. I now order from them only using a throwaway email address.

sidneyb33
11/3/15

As reports from times past Bike Bandit had the OEM items in stock and priced reasonably. They were shipped without any problems. As always sales individual went above and beyond to find the correct parts and shipped immediately. Always satisfied with my purchases.

paulw122
10/30/15

I bought a handle bar end and turn signal for my 07 Ninja 250 after dumping it. Parts shipped quickly and came in in great shape, nicely packaged. Items claimed to be OEM products, and were as advertised. They fit great, and had no issues. Will do business with them again if/when needed!

ricoc4
8/21/14

I placed an order for 5 items and paid $27.95 for 2 day express shipping. Bikebandit.com only shipped one of the items and held the other 4 items. I called customer service and I was told the other items would take and additional 5 days just to process. After the manager was done being rude as possible he told me all the items were ready to ship but he was holding on shipping until the following monday( which was 4 days later).I could only cancel my order after a long argument.

Tip for consumers: If you order from here, DO NOT PAY FOR 2day EXPRESS SHIPPING. It will not be shipped.

Questions? Get answers from the BikeBandit staff and other customers.

BikeBandit?