Review of BikeBandit

Tel: 1-888-339-3888
service@bikebandit.com

dennisc278
8/16/19

This is the worse place. Order a part on line paid for 2 day shipping. Called asked they said it will be shipped and I would have it in 2 days. Got a ups notice the next day saying it wasn't going to be delivered til 7 days. I called bike bandit and they made excuses. BIKE BANDIT DOS NOT STAND BEHIND WHAT THEY SAY. do not use them.

harrisonm42
8/3/19

I've had some good orders with them but some stuff that came late as well. I've had two orders in a row come much later than expected. If you have time-sensitive projects DO NOT use them. But they have good prices and their customer service isn't terrible. So I'll probably keep using them sometimes.

jasonr365
7/29/19

Been using bikebandit for over a decade always been good on time never had a problem with them. Recently I just ordered a set of tires by typing in the type of bike I have like I order all my parts. Had to wait 35 minutes to get anybody on the phone and when I got him on the phone he was very short and pretty rude. I told him that I needed a 19 inch front tire and they sent me a 17 in and I needed a 16in rear tire and they sent me a 14in. I told him that I also ordered tubes with the same bike entered in and everything the same. The tubes are the right size but the tires are the wrong size but it's my fault and it cost me $40 to ship the stuff back and all I wanted them to do is ship me the right size tires well you just lost my business Not only was your customer service gentleman rude and short he also hung up on me.

darrens114
7/18/19

They ship the wrong item and then dont refund the full amount. Very dishonorable business practice. There are other places to buy from with a higher rating

Response from Jerome F., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Darren,
Sorry to hear about your recent experience with us, I'm going to send you a private message with my contact info if you want to reach out to get this resolved.
peterd427
7/17/19

Bought a emglo glass fuel filter , it fell apart TWICE ,and has happened to others
Good things nobody had a hot bike !!!!
I suggested they take this one off the shelves he said"
All products have a few complaints and problems , im not gonna pull it because of a couple complaints "
SO HE DOESNT MIND IF A COUPLE OF US DIE OR BURN
Don't buy from the Bandits as that is what they are
REVZILLA CARES AND DOESNT SELL DEATH PARTS,

alyssam92
6/18/19

They overcharged me for my parts and won't admit it even know I have proof. Talked to 5 different representatives saying different things, BUYER BEWARE.

bobm489
6/5/19

I've found BikeBankdit to be OK but a recent problem I had with them will make me hesitant to order from them again. An incorrect part was shipped to me. It really wasn't BikeBandit's fault but rather the motorcycle manufacturer's because the part number on the bag it came in was correct but it contained the wrong part. However, I bought it from BikeBandit so I expected them to correct the problem and send me the correct part. I contacted them and received a confirmation that they received my message but they never response and the problem was never resolved and I never did receive the correct part. Another issue I have with BikeBandit is that they list parts that are no longer available. You place an order only to be told a week or more later that the part isn't available. I wasted too much time with that. I'm not sure I will be dealing with BikeBandit in the future.

joef348
5/28/19

I purchased a set oh Michelin Commander 2's for Bikebandit and thats were the trouble started!After having them balanced and mounted there was a bounce or thump while riding so back to the stealership again($75)an hour only to find out that the front tire was out of round.I tried to contact customer service and after leaving a couple of voice mails I just waited it out and 35 mins.later was actually talking to a person only to be told that I need to make a video of the dealership checking the tire and showing it was out of round so that they bikebandit could send the video to Michelin while I waited to hear the verdict.I guess I was supposed to ride on only the back tire while waiting on the tire to be warranted.This was my 1st experience buying tires online and it is my last.I will never spend another dollar at Bikebandit and I hope this feedback saves someone a lot of $$ and aggravation...

Response from Jerome F., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Joe,
We reached out to try and get this resolved but have not been unable to get a hold of you. Feel free to give us a call if youre still needing assistance.
ransomj5
4/15/19

I ordered a Honda shadow Aero (2009 ) water pump from bike bandit ,and they sent me a defected water pump ,the mechanic seal of water pump was defected and when I called them to ask for a replacement or a refund upon returning the product the assistant manager Bryan directed me to go to Honda dealers ,why Shall I go to Honda dealers when I paid bike bandit $141???????? $#*!ing makes no sense. I have all the proof of chat messages. Please spend more $$$$$ on actual dealership website than this crook. I lost my money, time, energy peace of mind and writing this review to save you guys a headache.

Response from Jerome F., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Ransom,

We are sorry to see this review as we thought we came to a understanding resolution when you spoke with the sales manager Bryan. Since OEM parts house no warranty through us we advised to go through the direct manufacturer who would cover a warranty for the parts. Honda would offer up an inspection that if found to be the water pump would endure no cost for the labor and they would be able to offer a replacement for the defective part. Since this was not the route you wished to go we as a courtesy took back the pump for store credit. We see that in the chat transcripts that we have that we were in agreement that offering you a refund in store credit to meet you in the middle was a fair resolution. We are sorry to see this negative review after our attempt to assist you the best we could we would.
amandat184
4/12/19

My husband ordered tires from Bike Bandit. The next day he received an email from their fraud department. They wanted the billing address and phone number connected to his debit card. At first I thought it was a scam since I have never in all my years ordering online received an email like that, but since it wasn't asking for sensitive information I told him to reply. The next day he received another email like it, but they also wanted the name of the card issuer and the customer service number. This time he tried to call them, but after sitting on hold for 30 minutes he hung up. He once again sent the info, but changed the phone number, because he sent his cell number the first time and our landline is connected to the account. Later that day he received another email saying they cancelled the order. We have been ordering online for as long as that has been a thing and never had a problem using our cards. I would like to know how much in profit Bike Bandit loses in a year because of this BS. This is our first and last time ordering from them. You don't accuse us of being thieves. I would much rather a company take a chance and ship an unauthorized order than to jack us around for 3 days on an order that is legit. I can always call my bank to order a new card and get the charges reversed. We ended up ordering the same tires from Amazon for around the same price and we'll have them in less than a week. After reading other reviews it seems we would have also been waiting a while for them to be delivered from Bike Bandit, so it's probably a blessing that they were such a crappy company. One last thing. We used my mom's address for the delivery, because we have a PO box and all 3 parcel services have a hard time finding our house. Once again, this is something we have done for years and never had a problem. I have more purchases sent there than to our PO box and I do a lot of online shopping.

jasona223
3/5/19

They sent the wrong shocks from what I had purchased. Then to return
them, they wanted me to pay for shipping and restocking fee's, though it
was their fault. After this they told me I had to remake my order from
scratch to get the shocks I originally wanted. Never again.

Richard Anderson

joshuah155
9/18/18

My recent customer experience with Bikebandit.com was less than satisfactory. Upon receiving the wrong part, I attempted to return the part the first three times I called it seemed as if the "returns" department was just a voice mailbox. When I finally got someone on the phone they laid out the returns policy and it seemed straight forward. I packed it back up in the same fashion I received it and asked for a shipping label as the website offers. I have still yet to hear back, so I was forced to spend extra money to ship it back to them.
When Bikebandit.com's returns department received the part I was immediately told the part was not in the correct packaging. They refused to refund the money and now expect more money to ship a part I didn't need to begin with back to myself.
It would appear that Bikebandit.com has a nice little racket going, not refunding money on a part I'm certain they will sell again. I have since ordered the correct part from 2wheelpros.com and received it in a timely fashion and for $25 less than Bikebandit.com charges.

Response from Jerome F., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Joshua,

Our phone lines are open from 6AM to 6PM Monday through Thursday, and 6AM to 5PM Friday. We also have a livechat and email service and respond to emails within 24 hours. In regards to returns, most customers return their parts in the exact condition that we sent them out in. In your case you shipped the handle bar back without the manufactures packaging.
It did not include the outer packaging with the label/barcode. Without the original packaging, the manufacture will not take it back, nor can we sell it as new. We list these conditions in our returns page and also in the emails we send out to the customers. Please feel free to call us and ask for a manger if you need to discuss this further.
bertt10
8/8/18

bad mistake to order from them. My UTV is out of service right now and I foolishly chose to order a crank sensor from them. 7 days and it still has NOT SHIPPED. Eff them and their "business"

Response from Jerome F., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Bert,

We emailed you on this yesterday and spoke to you on the phone today regarding this order.

When you placed the order, the fulfillment time may have been overlooked. We state on the website It takes 5-6 business days before Polaris parts ship out.

We hope you choose to shop with us again, please call your order in and we'll be glad to go over the fulfillment times with you.
grega96
7/24/18

Although they do have a disclaimer that says some parts will only ship when they arrive at bike bandit they imply that most parts are in stock and therefore ship in the advertised one day. They do not stock parts and are simply ordering for you from a manufacturer or other vendor. Plus they also don't include their ludicrous long processing time as well. Ordered brake pads. 5 business days to process them all they did was order from galfer. Cancelled order and ordered direct from galfer. Why pay them for shoddy service and slow processing. Galfer shipped next day and at my door in three days. So one day to process and the days international shipping. Bike bandit is so appropriately named.

Response from Jerome F., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Greg,

We're sorry you had issues on your order. We never state in stock anywhere on our website. Most items ship out between 1-2 business days. On occasion, some parts can take between 1-10 business days to arrive. This is due to manufacturer delays and fulfillment times. Our product pages will list all approximate shipping time-frames.
Here's an example

We hope you will give us another try!
petet35
6/28/18

I used their online "Does it fit my bike" to order a $145 lithium ion battery.
Came fast enough but did not fit my 2005 Suzuki. The terminals were on the wrong side. To make it work I would have to cut the top off of the battery holder...discard the side cover and rewire the ground and pos cables to make them long enough to reach. Customer service looked it up for me...yes it fits they said. Can't return an open box electrical item. LAST TIME I BUY FROM THESE GUYS!

justint111
4/23/18

Aweful customer service!!! Buyers be ware!!!
I wish i could give no stars

First off i hope this reaches a surporvisor.
Ive been a customer for yrs and till this point have had no issues. I started live chat and was tranfered to customer service so i could modify my order. I have the record of the transcripts if you care. I was tranfered to MARIANA and was left hanging not knowing if she understood what i wanted removed from my order or not, so i called in. CYNTHIA picked up the call and was very helpfull, thanky again cynthia. Sure enough Mariana completley screwed up my order. Heres where it took another turn. After i confermed with her the parts i needed i then kindly asked if i could be transferred to a supervisor to speak about what happened in the live chat. I was on hold for 5 mins or so waiting for the supervisor when cynthia picks up and tells me he (the supervisor) is reviewing my transcripts and will be with me shortly, cool i said and thank you. I was then put back on hold for a few more mins and hung up on.... i called back immediatly and knowone picks up my call. Call back again, same thing. I then hid my caller ID and sure enough almost immediatly Mariana picks up and i ask to speak with supervisor, she sais sure, asks me for my name and or order number and tells me just a moment and puts me in hold. I sit on hold for 5 more mins and just hang up in frustration. Call back again with my caller ID still hidden and knowone picks up. This is the worst customer service ive ever recieved. I will not be ordering from you guys ever again. I also got like 10 emails of various variations on my cancelled order. I have not recived an email for the parts i actually need and have know idea if i will get them or not... what kind of operation are you guys running... i hope to hear back with an appology or something so i know someone in managment recived this, but from what i gather its a garage shop opperation there, and obviesely Marinana and Cynthia are friends and were covering eachothers back. Thats all i have...

path125
12/18/17

terribly slow shipping that seems to get screwed up consistently only to then get screwed up even more....stay away from these fools. They will mess it up every time.

Response from Jerome F., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Pat,

Sorry we we're not able to meet your expectations. If your able to follow through with an Order ID, we can look into what happened. We hope to turn your experience around!
vincev8
11/19/17

It's too bad that this is the way they do business, but I guess they don't care if they lose a few customers with this process. I did not expect to have this much trouble to return a defective item that was not first quality as they claim to sell. If you have to return what you purchase beware of this tedious process and customer service reps that make it frustrating to process a simple return.

Response from Jerome F., BikeBandit Representative
Hello Vince,

Sorry you had issues with the return process, please feel free to give us a call. Ask for a manager to see how we can turn this around for you.
jg155
9/18/17

Extremely poor communication for an online business. After almost 2 weeks of hearing nothing (not even an confirmation email) after placing a $500 order I finally received a message saying one of the 2 tires (front & rear) I ordered were discontinued. I called in to cancel the order and they managed to do that within 2 minutes without any question as to why or if there is any way they could assist. I had a bad experience with them about 5 years ago and vowed to never do business with them again. I figured they worked out their business issues by now but to my dismay, they are probably worse than before. Save your time and seek out a real online retailer.

Response from Jerome F., BikeBandit Representative
Thanks for your review, We are sorry you had issues with your order. If you can please let us know the order ID we can look into what happened.
Feel free to call us and ask to speak with a manager regarding your order.
lynng69
9/6/17

Ordered a product it was no where near the size they said it was. Tried to return (this was within 3 days of receiving order). They won't refund money. Only store credit and they won't give a shipping label. Now it's going to cost $50 to ship back the item was $65. REALLY!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT ORDER FROM BIKEBANDIT

Response from Jerome F., BikeBandit Representative
Thanks for your review, As for sizing, the sizing charts will vary per manufacturer. We are happy to offer a free return shipping label if your ordering a different size. It sounds like your ordering a close out item, which is returned for store credit only. Please feel free to call in and ask for a manager and we will be glad to take care of you over the phone.
michaelk233
6/29/17

The site is never correct, i purchase a set of tires. The tire size was incorrect i tried to cancel in less than 12 hours and they said you cant. Be careful if you order anything you cant cancel. My suggestion to everyone refuse the shipment for a full refund.

bordains
4/6/17

I recently order some parts from bikebandit which to begin with took over 2 weeks to ship out and receive.I took the part out of the "manufacturers bag" which was just a bag with no parts number and realized it was not the one I needed so I tried to return it. And after paying to send it back to them they denied my refund because it was "appears to have been used and returned without the manufacturers packaging". WHICH IS IMPOSSIBLE BECAUSE THE CONNECTOR FOR THE PART I ORDERED WAS DIFFERENT FROM THE CONNECTOR ON MY BIKE SO HOW COULD I POSSIBLY USE IT. So now I am out 400 bucks for a part I didn't and cant even use. Im glad I wasted my time and money. Safe to say I will NEVER buy anything from bikebandit again.

mikes517
3/13/17

On March 2, I placed an order for a little over 1000$ worth of parts for my bike. After reading the reviews here, I made sure to check the shipping times and policies as I ordered each part. I understood that they wanted to group the shipment to ship as one and that the shipping times listed were an additional wait beyond the time it would take for them to ship to me.

Most of the items I ordered had an estimated shipping time of 1 to 2 days. I purposely didn't order anything that would be beyond 5 to 6 day so that it would ship yesterday. I even paid the expedited shipping so that I would get the items early next week taking their lag times into account. As of Thursday night, the two items that were originally listed as 5 to 6 days were still listed as cross shipped.

At this point, I chatted with one of the reps and was told that they didn't even expect to get the last two items till the 14th. I asked him if it would be possible to ship out the rest of the items, which he informed me they had in stock, and he told me they would be shipped out first thing Friday the 10th and I would receive a confirmation email. Neither of these events happened and my order status hasn't changed. This was my second purchase from them and probably will be my last.

As I read the other reviews, I had assumed that people didn't pay attention to their policies and that was why everything seemed slow. That seems to be the standard line when they answer here. I assure you that I read everything. They have not met their stated time or kept their word.

UPDATE- I received a call from a sales rep named Brandon after posting the above review. I was informed of the following:

My shipment was delayed because after they placed my order they realized that the lag time for one of the items was longer than expected. While they updated it on their website, they had no responsibility to contact me to let me know.

While Brandon acknowledged that they agreed to ship out first thing Friday morning, they decided not to because they refused to ship the items using express shipping. They didn't realize the weight of the order I was placing from them so they have cancelled the expedited shipping. I was told it is not their responsibility to know whether customer orders will meet their weight standards for express shipping. He stated the 1000$+ in items I ordered will now be ground shipped which will add an additional week's delay.

According to Brandon, all of these decisions are perfectly appropriate. They, as a company, have no responsibility to keep customers informed of delay as they happen or to honor the agreement at point of sale when it comes to shipping times. They have no responsibility for anything because they couldn't possible know what is involved in shipping items because they sell so many item.

Also, according to Brandon, I shouldn't be concerned about the delay because I used a coupon code at checkout. And while I repeatedly requested them to honor the shipping arrangement, it was flatly refused. It wasn't their responsibility to meet the terms of the sale and they are free to retroactively change the terms of the sale at their discretion.

For full disclosure, I ended up cursing Brandon out. This was the first time in 15 years that I have even raised my voice to a customer service rep. I found his condescension and refusal to accept any responsibility for anything at all frankly mind boggling. This business is the worst business I have ever dealt with.

Tip for consumers: Unless you have no concerns over time frame, do not order from here. Even if you read all of the policies and adhere to them, they will arbitrarily change them after you have paid.

marcelop5
2/17/17

They are really bad. Delayed my order without valid reason, never answered my emails. Deliberately bloked the live chat because they didnt want to chat with me. Their attitude was alwaist against the customer, never to help him. I canceled my order, tired about their mistreatment. . World champions in horrible customers service.

markn87
1/19/17

ban·dit : noun : a robber ...and typically operating in an isolated or lawless area.
synonyms: robber, thief, ... crook, ..raider, freebooter, hijacker, looter, ...

Wish I had read others reviews. As other indicated stated shipping not accurate. parts not in stock and are being 'cross-shipped' and supposedly was notified of this once order was placed within browser, yet there is no such information within the order confirmation email. in the end after waiting 6 days, i'm told the order may ship 7-8 days from when the order was confirmed, and a full 12 days after the order was place.. In order to confirm the presence of any such notification would have to place another order, and orders can not be cancelled on-line but only via calling. Oh, 'your call is important to them, and they place a priority on customer service' ;p

Questions? Get answers from the BikeBandit staff and other customers.

1 Photo for BikeBandit