Review of BeyondTheRack

Tel: 1-877-733-4660
social@beyondtherack.com

sank5
2/20/19

It's pure luck, says Linda Sigal of the Simms Sigal import agency, that Beyond the Rack owes her Montreal company a mere $352.57, a drop in the bucket of the $44.3 million it owes to a lengthy list of creditors.

Beyond the Rack, a Montreal flash-site retailer founded by former Saks executive Yona Shtern and Robert Gold in 2009, was once a beacon of success in the new online retail world. It raised $100 million in venture-capital funding, but has never made a profit.

The demise of the company it has until April 22 to restructure or find a buyer for its assets opens comparison to many of its competitors: Gilt Groupe was bought by Hudson's Bay for $250 million early this year after being evaluated at $1 billion in 2011.

Nordstrom picked up HauteLook for $180 million U.S. cash plus up to another $90 million over three years; and the granddaddy of the model, French site Vente-Privée, is thriving, with 22 million active members in Europe.

A flash site sells discounted items for a limited time to registered members.

"It was a beautiful business in that it had no ownership of goods,'' Sigal said of Beyond the Rack, often called BTR. "They didn't purchase goods up front."

ruthp81
2/20/19

Beyond the rack are scammers. I have tried to contact them about an order that I never received. Their phone cuts you off every time i call them. SCAMMERS!

barbaras617
2/19/19

I've used BTR for a few years now, but my orders from December 2018 will be my last ones. In the past the items were generally good quality. That's not the case anymore. The items look nice in the photos, and it seems like the "markdowns" they're advertising are really great deals. But once you receive them, it's sadly obvious there is NO way these thin, cheap fabrics would have sold for north of $100 anywhere. Expect about the same quality as Stitches or Ardene. Not only that, but my recent orders took two extra weeks to ship (so 5 weeks), and one of my jewellery orders (of about 15 different selections) didn't even arrive at all. I had to make an inquiry, only to find out that my order had been cancelled without my knowledge. And only then did they say they would refund me. BTR didn't even have the decency to give me an additional credit or incentive to continue shopping with them in the future for that blunder. Don't waste your time with these guys. Shop elsewhere.

orkhanh
1/30/19

Ordered few items, they got the money but never shipped. Refund takes forever, have not received it yet. i guess i lost my money.

irenaf1
1/22/19

OMG!
I can't stop cursing myself, why I got involved in it?
This company so horrible! I spent about $500. I was waiting my order for 2 months. When I got it, half of the staff I returned... now I have $234 sitting there, and I can't get them back, because I don't want anything anymore from them to order, and they won't return your money! Now I'm stack with this!
Somebody should do something to help us rid of scams like that!

nicolef144
1/21/19

but when we want to cancel an order they keep us hostage , instead of refunding they put a credit note in our account. But it s like a stupid game that we keep playing over and over again. I have an issue with them now that I escalated on Paypal . order place almost one month and delaying again delivery date.This order half paid with a credit in account for bad quality goods that where cancelled even before being shipped. Even wish escalation they do NOT care. Right now i have returned some goods that where so cheap we get better deals at Dollar store. - They owe me 66.66 - I advise then I would put my review on this site. They simply do not care.

maryb445
1/20/19

Ordered In 2016 still waiting....Last I heard management changed. Guess that means they lost all contact of previous Happy Customers (VICTIMS) apparently there is enough of us out there that will give them a shot. I think they should just start a gofundme page...

karend391
1/18/19

Ordered an Italian leather purse. BTR was happy to take my money and inform me on the last possible ship date that there is no purse and offers to give me BTR credits. No I want a full refund! Send an email, no response. Go on their chat line, they hang up after 20 minutes. Wait 30 minutes on hold, get hung up on. My solution - call my credit card company and they refund me taking it directly back from BTR. Will not even think of using this company ever again. The products may look good but you only see a picture while they convert your money into useless BTR credits

kirank38
1/16/19

Beyond the Rack shipped my item after 3 weeks and not even the correct order.
I had 69.99 in my account now I don't see it. Want my money back to my credit card. And need my item shipped to me.
Poor service and delivery.
I wont order any thing from them. They don't even deserve 1 star.

kr145
1/3/19

Never ship on time
No accurate sizing info on the site
Charge you as soon as you order so they use your cash for 3-6 weeks then tell you they cannot fulfill your order
How is this site still in business?

nicolez32
12/31/18

Don't waste your time. You will be lucky to get your item. It's been over a month since I ordered a sweater and they keep pushing back the ship date.

patriceb20
11/28/18

I have ordered from this place 3 times. The first order I received a month after I ordered it but the merchandise was as pictured. The 2nd order came 5 weeks after I ordered it and was 2 times too small. I ordered a large and the jacket I received was an XS or SM. I returned it and have yet to hear from them. 3rd item I ordered, as of today 11/28/2018, it has been 6 weeks and nothing. I suspect this is going to be a disaster too.

amyh369
11/13/18

I used to love btr for what they sold and variety. Sadly, the last 3 of my 4 orders were declined due to being out of stock. All items i really wanted, and one was a month before i found out. So disappointed and MAD because i get offered a stupid store credit i dont want to use. Their customer service USED to be good but now its weeks before i find out my order cancelled. I recommend zulily! Shipping is even more reasonable and they carry a lot of the brands btr does.

kathrynv24
11/5/18

Do NOT purchase from this company speaking from experience....I would give them a zero if I could! I ordered a Shirt from them back January 2016 and they keep notifying the backorder status just long enough until you can't take recourse with your credit card and then refuse to issue a credit back to your card or a site credit. Filed a complaint with the US BBB and they sent it to Canada and Beyond the Rack refused to respond to the Canadian agency....long story short .... don't order from here! I would love to be in on a class action law suit against this corrupt company

cesarm46
11/2/18

Stole from me $200.00 for a watch that I returned for being defective and never got either credit or my money back. DO NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS WEBSITE.

eugenel51
10/18/18

Hi,

I am also in the same boat with many here. I had purchase True Religion jeans from BTR. Prior, I've had some good and bad experiences but usually just a long wait for the product I ordered. However, my last order was disappointing. I placed the order in July and on the site, they had changed the delivery date 3 times. My patience had run out as it was now September and I contacted BTR customer service. They basically told me they do not track what the supplier had provided and sold. This was their response via email "..errors such as in this case are unfortunately not discovered until the supplier sends us the merchandise and we prepare to ship your order." I had asked what the repercussions were to the supplier and after 3 followups they continue to ignore me. This tells me they will not do anything and are happy they have received the money to either collect interest on or to have as cash flow and don't care about the customer. Not even any compensation for a lack of oversight and a long wait. Better to go with Amazon as they do care about their customers. Be wary of using BTR!!!

aaronh103
8/15/18

Ordered some shoes in a promotion. Was stated that it would "ship within 1 week" - that meant 7 business days, not literally a week. I was LIED to by customer service when I inquired about what was taking so long when the 7 business days had passed. I was reassured that they had received the shipment of product, and were processing it.

Fast forward 2 days. I log onto my BTR account, and what do I see? My order has been cancelled - for no apparent reason. Instead, there's a credit in the amount of the order. I NEVER received a single email about the cancellation, and I DO NOT want a credit. I want a full refund. As of right now, BTR has stolen over $100 from me. I am hoping to have this resolved instantly, or I will file a claim with my credit card company. This is UNACCEPTABLE. Stay AWAY from this company.

***UPDATE*** Got in contact with customer service - they issued a full refund to the method of payment. However, I was LIED to earlier this week by them - I was told that they had received the shipment of product to their warehouse, and were processing it. However, this new customer service rep I was speaking to about the refund confirmed that the supplier had never shipped the product as they couldn't fulfill the order, hence why it was cancelled. So, I was literally lied to - at least I'm getting my money back.

docd12
8/9/18

I used to order tons of stuff for my family from this site when it first came to be. Several years later, they were taken over by another company, during that transition part of order $200+ order never arrived. When I called I was told it was sent to me and that it had been delivered , I should send proof. How do you send proof you didn't receive your goods? A loyal customer of 9+ years who had never reported such an issue should have received better treatment but oh well I'm glad it wasn't a much bigger spend for that order. They can keep the few dollars and maybe the company will get wealthier, right?!

valerieb148
8/5/18

As others have pointed out, the merchandise on this site is not as advertised. I ordered three handbags that were described as high quality leather, but when they arrived I was disappointed to discover that they were in fact vinyl and plastic. I will never buy from this site again.

renb9
6/28/18

I ordered several items from this site over a year ago and about $180 worth of my purchase did not fit (a coat and some jeans), so I returned them and my account was credited for a future purchase. Well, the next time I went to place an order I never received, so, after calling and inquiring about my order several times I was always asked to wait a little longer. My order never arrived and I eventually received an email from Beyond The Rack 3 months later stating that my order would not be arriving after all, but my account was never credited back the amount! When I inquired about that I was told to contact Consumer Protection!

viergenac
6/25/18

Im happy with my order the color the style is the same thing showing in the website and size instructions is very helpful

patricias268
4/27/18

Ok, so I've been a sucker - I honestly believed that the item that they advertised was the real McCoy. I've let the manufacturer know. Total scam company.

leahf33
4/26/18

Not only does this company not deliver on timebut that is the least of their problems. The items do notvremotely match the description or pictures and the quality is equal to a child sewing doll clothes by hand out of rags. I have never been so shocked in my life. I should have read reviews before ordering. I spent $150 and cannot afford to be cheated and lied to. I also do not have energy to fight them. Just DONT DO IT!

lindac357
3/22/18

I ordered " in stock" items about 2 months ago, I e-amiled them and a few days later I got a waybill number that does not exist .How are these guys till in business ??
I will definaely dispute the charges ...order from China , cheaper with way more integrity ..

lenaj5
3/21/18

I am totally pissed right now! Ordered a dress on Feb. 14th and the delivery date kept changing. I finally received a package on March 21 when I opened the package it was definitely not what I ordered the only thing they got right was the colour and size. This ugly ass dress didn't even have a label, it's like someone made it in their basement and put a L sticker in the back. The worst thing is I'm trying to call their customer service number and it is disconnected. I can't believe this! WTF IS GOING ON?

Hello Rose, we're sorry if a few negative reviews have made you skeptical in making a purchase with BTR. We would like to reassure you that all items we sell on our website are guaranteed to be 100% authentic. Beyond the Rack only deals with reputable vendors and designers and we do not tolerate the selling of counterfeit merchandise. Our Mila Blu handbags are brand new as they are not previously owned. Please do not hesitate to contact us toll free at 1-877-733-4660 if you may have any further questions or concerns. We’re always here to help. Thank you and have a great day!

By BeyondtheRack B., BeyondTheRack Representative

Hello Litina, thanks for reaching out! One of the ways BTR is able to provide such deep discounts is because we do not house inventory. We charge your card when your order is processed as these orders are placed directly with our suppliers. We only authorize our suppliers to send us their merchandise once the event closes, at which point we know exactly what to order for our membership as a whole. As a private shopping club, we are actually ordering select merchandise on your behalf. Working this way helps us secure great prices and selection for our members on an on-going basis, which is what BTR is all about. Upon receipt of your order, our suppliers ship the purchased items to our warehouse for inspection and inventory confirmation of the merchandise. Once this process is completed, we prepare to ship to our customers. We’d also like to reassure you that all merchandise featured on our website is 100% guaranteed authentic as BTR only deals with reputable vendors and suppliers. We do not condone the selling of counterfeit goods. We do hope this information has helped and please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team toll free at 1-877-733-4660 if you have any further questions or concerns.

By BeyondtheRack B., BeyondTheRack Representative

I purchased a Celine trapeze for my sister and the first one I received was damaged - a button snap on the side fell right off. They were a little difficult about the return and wouldn't even let me just "exchange." I had to purchase another one when I saw it on the site. Well, I should have known after the quality of the first because the second just felt like PVC and had a few tells that it wasn't authentic. I paid a reputable authentication and they confirmed it was a fake. I sent that letter to BTR and request a full refund as per their policy for sending me a "faulty" item and they spouted back their policy saying it was authentic and that I could get a credit. Why the hell would I want a credit to shop for more fakes? I opened a dispute with my credit card and am hoping for the best. My sister is paying $50 to pay the authentication for the purpose of a credit card dispute. This is ridiculous. As an aside, I bought a pair of Tom Ford sunglasses about a month ago and I'm pretty sure they're fake now, since the dimensions on the arms are different from the ones I've seen online/in-store. I'm just glad I didn't spend over $1,500+ on those. STAY AWAY.

By S Y.

They are not authentic. Most salespeople in stores can't even spot a fake - and if they can and you don't tell them you didn't buy it from a store they are too polite to call you out on your fake bag. Stop buying fake luxury bags from BTR!!!!!

By Jennifer C.

Hello Sherille, We would like to reassure you all items sold on the site are guaranteed to be 100% authentic. BTR only deals with reputable vendors and suppliers. One of the ways we're able to provide our members with such huge savings is because we do not house inventory. We charge your card when your order is processed as these orders are placed directly with our suppliers. We only authorize our suppliers to send us their merchandise once the event closes, at which point we know exactly what to order for our membership as a whole. As a private shopping club, we are actually ordering select merchandise on your behalf. Working this way helps us secure great prices and selection for our members on an on-going basis, which is what BTR is all about. Upon receipt of your order, our suppliers ship the purchased items to our warehouse for inspection and inventory confirmation of the merchandise. Once this process is completed, we prepare to ship to our customers. We hope this helps and please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team toll free at 1-877-733-4660 for any questions or concerns you may have. We’re always here to help.

By BeyondtheRack B., BeyondTheRack Representative

Hello Jaclyn, thank you for reaching out to us. We apologize if you may not have been aware of our shipping timeframe. Typically, we do ship out orders at 2-3 weeks as we do not house inventory. This is one of the ways we're able to provide our members with our deep discounts. Our purchase order has been received in our warehouse today. We're currently scanning all pieces into inventory. Given there are no shortages, we expect to fulfill and ship your order by early next week. Once shipped, you will be emailed your tracking # so that you may track your shipment with the courier. If you happen to have any further questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact our customer service team toll free at 1-877-733-4660 Monday through Friday 8 to 8 EST and Saturday and Sundays from 9 to 6. Or you can email us at service@beyondtherack.com. Thank you!

By BeyondtheRack B., BeyondTheRack Representative

Not affiliated. Hautelook is the website that is part of the Nordstrom family and has a similar business model (campaigns run for a set amount of time, your order ships after the campaign is over). I believe that BTR intentionally named itself in a way that people associate with Nordstrom (because of there Nordstrom Rack outlet stores), but it is in no way affiliated.

By Sara K.

They are the legal thieves and don't have any shame to hide it. I lost my money and lots of time with this crap.

By Mina F.

No I don't think so they just wait until you buy take your money then not ship it and wait for you to complain.

By keith g.

2-3 years if you are lucky

By keith g.
Questions? Get answers from the BeyondTheRack staff and other customers.

2 Photos for BeyondTheRack