Review of AuctionZip

Allston, MA 02134
support@artfact.com

williamg457
2/2/19

Used AuctionZip for a while UNTIL one of their auctioneers was paid but failed to deliver the items. When items failed to show up, auctioneer was no where to be found. No replies to any notes sent. AuctionZip said they would help but were NO HELP at all. The money or the items purchased were never received. DO NOT USE AUCTIONZIP - there are plenty others out there.

robertk523
7/15/18

Good coverage. When traveling I have found some excellent options by using auction zip. And I found some not so good ones as well. The coverage is done in the proper manner

robn50
5/23/18

They are trying to work a extortion on an item that they said I bid on more then 18 month ago The auction house does no know anything about it and they say if it was that long ago the item was resold long ago.Auction Zip just wants the money and does not care if you get the item.

stevem570
5/11/18

have had a lot of success using auctionzip it is the way to go if you want to find auctions that interest you I have told a lot of people about auctionzip they like it too. there are bad companies out there you just have to do due diligence when selecting an auction site. am going to 2 auctions I found on auctionzip Saturday

georget165
5/1/18

We experienced a very bad, expensive dealing with Junior Staggs. If you feel that you absolutely must work with him, be certain that EVERYTHING is laid out in black and white!!! We "sold" thousands of dollars worth of furniture, kitchen appliances, antiques, tools, outdoor equipment....and ended up with a check for $1261.41. We could not believe this when the check arrived!!! Nothing was to be sold for under $5.00...yet there were 21 items/bundles that sold for less than that....two antique items bundled together sold for $.01......yes, ONE CENT. Stay away from bidlastanswin!!!

janh140
4/15/18

My Aunt and Uncle moved from Tennessee to Illinois. They had over 65 years of furniture and household items that were turned over to "Bidlastandwin" for auction. What an expensive experience!! They had Lazy Boy recliners that were not posted on the website until there were only 3 auction days left, and they sold for almost nothing. There was also quite a few Pfaltzgraff dishes that were never posted for auction. Wonder what happened to them? They were also charged several fees that were not explained in detail by the auctioneer. Phone calls to the auctioneer went unanswered. 65 years of items netted them just a bit over $1200.00. They did better at their garage sale.

melaa
3/12/18

I uploaded an auction through hibid it was a nightmare!! the customer service at auction zip has no idea!! of anything!!! they are rude, and no help!!!

lisab457
3/6/18

This was my first time to use an on line auction, I was nervous about the whole process but today I am highly satisfied. I was the highest bidder on a 14k diamond ring guard/enhancer so lucky me...It is just as they described it and I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase. I highly recommend using this online auction site, I know I will be in the future.

donf65
2/10/18

Many of the online auctions aren't really auctions. Specifically, US Jewelry Liquidators (and others that they run) offers jewelry and precious metals for "auction" starting at $1. The silver and Rolex watches never actually are sold. All of the silver "sells" for $20-$40 less than the low end of their estimate. The Rolex watches "sell" for approximately 60% of the low end of their estimate. These situations happen for all silver and all Rolex watches offered. It's simply not real bidding on these items. Maybe the other jewelry is legitimate?

Contacted Auctionzip to let them know. Was told to contact the auction house directly. Why is that my responsibility? The auction is listed on their site.

Unless you've got time to waste bidding on silver and Rolexes that you'll only get if you pay at least double what their worth then stay away from US Jewelry Liquidations.

dannyg40
11/2/17

This site is a 100% trap for those looking to get rich. I am filing a class action for deceptive pratices. For 12 Months Ive been buying and then immediately taking goods to BBB. They will be gone soon. Id spend 1 million dollars to be at their headquarters when it all comes down. You cant create a final sale auction to then mislead and provide excuses for said companies "Promises". They have to adhere to corporate social responsibility. When the items in question certified by them are presented in court they will pay handsomely 400% of my costs or end them on social media, BBB, and every other agency against Mis interpretation. They had a good ride , occasionally educated people look at they offer and partake. Us humans with brains are not going to stand for it. They will fall , unless they start giving the auction winners there items they won. They should absorb costs if they don't meet promises they guaranteed. Thank you internet ! If these people don't own up we will shut them down !! Money talks bull$#*! walks! BIG TREE FALL HARD. ONE MAN IS NOW MILLIONS , MAKE YOUR $#*! RIGHT AVOID THE PUBLIC PURGE OF YOUR TACTICS. ITS CALLED HUSH INCENTIVES. YOUR CONSUMER HAS NOTHING TO LOSE REMEMBER THAT. YOUR CONCEPT IS A @$ PACK OF SODA AND ^ DEVELOPERS @ BWEEKS TOPS YOUR CLONED, WHEN YOU PROVIDE A SERVICE < MUNDANE AT BEST> KEEP THE PEOPLE HAPPY, OR WE LL CREATE A BETTER VERSION OF YOU! I HAVE HIGH SCHOOL FRESHMAN THAT COULD CREATE YOUR PLATFORM MINUS ALL THE SMOKE AND MIRRORS. I prob will or answer me! Please and Thank you! 50k and 2 weeks with programmers and coders goes more then a long way when they are working to bury a not so humanitarian outfit ;) I could zip a site together no problem unless you people want to make this thing real! I see all your code!

jeffk115
9/28/17

do not use auction king to buy anything. sent back product that was advertised as real thing and was actually fake. contacted them they said send back for refund. i sent back and 4 months later no refund. they are thieves. auctionzip continues to use them and refuse to help get refund back.

scottd110
9/19/17

After 5 months and numerous attempts to get paid from Jody he still will not pay. He will not return phone calls or texts.i provided a service for him and his auction and he even signed a contract stating what the service consisted of. I guess the next step is court.

ericg95
7/28/17

The new site sucks! No more calander showing auctions for each day of the week. Idiot I.T. people ruining a good thing by trying to reinvent the wheel. Way to go Morons. Not using Auctionzip site anymore.

davidm686
7/19/17

The new web page tells you how far away the auction is. But it doesn't show a map anymore of where it's at.

andrewr114
6/1/17

Had a guy named Zach as my customer service representative. He was more than helpful and very understanding.

shanel58
5/23/17

This site is good to find local auctions, but the constant pop-ups are so annoying!! If there were a better option I would use it.

dannyj24
5/20/17

The AuctionZip site does not work very well and experiences regular problems. They don't care whether or not the auctions they host engage in dishonest practices. The Johny Ray Actions, among others, frequently engaged in dishonesty.

lhm
5/2/17

I was bidding in an auction on 4/28/17 I had entered a max bid of $700 and was notified by Auctionzip that I had won the bid at $450. I called Blackwood auctions today to pay and was told that someone on the floor had won the item at $450. I called Auctionzip to find out what had happened and was told the auction house had awarded the item to the floor bidder for less than my top bid and there was nothing they could or would do about it. I don't know who is at fault, but I will not do any business with either one in the future and would recommend that others be careful with online bidding through Auctionzip.

johnd727
2/26/17

Hampton's auction is selling a ring saying it is gold. I bought the ring and after having a jeweler determine it contained No Gold at all, I received a refund and returned the ring after a great hassle with the owner, a jerk.. The same ring is on his auction site again. How does one stop the unscrupulous sites? Avoid Hamptons, you'll be safe.His fraudulent practice has been brought to the site's attention. Let's see the results, if any.

Tip for consumers: Just don't use it ever and you'll avoid becoming angry for having won junk from them. AVOID HAMPTON ALWAYS

markc239
12/18/16

I recently Bided on a Online auction. The software showed that I was in the bidding lead; there was no way to bid again when it shows you are in the lead. The bidding closed and someone else won the bid for $25. less then my leading Bid. The Software failed to register my bid at the auction house or the auction house ignored my bid. Do not count on the online software or the auction house. It is better to tie up their phone line and bid over the phone!!!

thomasb189
9/10/16

Auction zip is a company that is basically squandering its brand on an obsolete business model using obsolete software to show popups, (basic 1999 nag screen popups) they show rotating banner advertising, which is really not effective at all, because of the nature of the software they use to rotate advertising it is clear that the advertising is more important to auction zip than the real business opportunity that auction zip appears to be "unaware" of when You look at this kind of mentation you have to wonder just what they are "Thinking" they are focused on the wrong aspect of their business model, literally they are leaving millions just sitting on the table waiting for someone to come along with half a brain and paint in all the missing numbers from this incorrectly applied advertising model. Wow, what a mess and more importantly what a waste of a brand.

Tip for consumers: Hopefully Auction zip will begin to move in the right direction, it could be so much better, but from a B2C and B2B position its really difficult to see the value beyond a really obsolete 1999 type business.

donb73
4/11/16

AuctionZip seems to be getting worse all the time. Taking a month or more to get your items is common. I called Zip once when I hadn't received my item a month after I bought it and I was told to give the auction time to ship it. I asked her what amount of time did they need maybe 2 or 3 months. I bought 2 guns a month ago and have nothing. They won't answer the phone and I'm left in the cold. Zip sucks!

ericm117
3/25/16

Purchased two items from this site and I regret it. One item was a sword advertised as having a hand carved handle and Estimate: $200 - $250. It was a very cheap sword with a plastic handle. Buyer beware!

dyanw
12/17/15

I've been using this site for a couple of years-have purchased quite a few items, but the site has changed over the last 6-8 months. If you look closely at the listings and where the "auctions" are located, you'll see that the companies in the Los Angeles/SoCal area sell the same stuff, they just rotate it from one to the other. They don't have offices--they operate out of private mailboxes. When you bid, most of the time [they] bid against you to jack the prices up. In many (most) cases you'll pay well over retail. When you "win" as the top bidder, they refuse to sell to you, but if you make a mistake, they say it's a binding contract. Stay away if you'e smart

debbya4
11/29/15

I gave an attic full of toys to Lark Mountain Auctions in Wilkes-Barre, PA. Nice, clean vintage toys. I was never so disappointed when I received my check. A beautiful vintage Barbie dream house $12.00, a cricket doll with all her accessories $6.00. All my sons Gi Joe soldiers, compounds, and jeeps etc. $1.00. If I knew how dishonest this auction house was, I would have donated my toys to charity. Oh well, what a learning lesson. Sellers BEWARE!

Most of the sellers are licensed auction houses. If I want to sell something I contact the auction house and have them sell it for me. Of course they are going to charge me 15-25 percent of the sale price.

By D H.

Questions? Get answers from the AuctionZip staff and other customers.

1 Photo for AuctionZip