A Pea In The Pod reviews

ci@apeainthepod.com
2018 Customer choice award

lorrainen15
9/15/18

Clothes were fine. EXCEPT FOR ONE OF THE ITEMS WAS DEFECTIVE. I emailed pea in a pod MANY TIMES, and they did not even have the courtesy to awnser. Clothes are fine but be careful because they do not have good costumer service

stephh22
7/10/18

I spent a good bit of money online and after receiving all my items the majority didnt fit. No biggie until I wanted to return. I went to return and realized I had to cover the shipping cost. I figured since I live in NYC I would return to the store, NYC has everything right? Wrong. The shop in Macys wouldnt accept my return since they werent bought there. I had to spend $50 out of pocket to ship back what didnt fit. I was so angry I emailed them..never heard back. Emailed again, never heard back. Ive reached out 5 times and still have heard nothing to date. Save your time and shop ASOS, cute clothes and FREE shipping and returns. Surprised this company can stay in business with such horrible customer service.

matts196
1/6/18

I sent the message below by both email and FB messenger two weeks ago. No response to either which seems consistent with their strategy now that I see other reviews.
Good Evening,
Id like to alert you to an experience my wife had at your Somerset Mall location in Troy, MI today. I gave her some items form your site for Christmas. A couple of the pants were to short for her liking. She attempted to exchange them at the store location, driving 45 minutes to do so. Your associate was so pushy and aggressive, insisting my wife buy a pair of pants that cost significantly more than her return or she wanted to spend. My wife felt like this purchase was the only solution the saleswoman would allow her to complete in order to exchange the pants. Pushy sales people are always annoying, within stores that cater to expecting mothers, its even more shameful. This was my first experience with your company and while it started just fine, my final impression is very poor. Hopefully youll consult with your store and educate them on how to help and assist customers, not pressure them.
Sincerely,
Matt Swegles

orahl
8/9/17

I ordered a gift card along with 3 pieces of clothing online. Only 2/3 items arrived without a gift card. When I contacted them about the missing items they didn't respond. I re-sent the email. They responded saying that they would put a gift card in the mail via express (2 day mail). 12 days later the gift card arrived. I received on apologies and I still haven't received the last clothing item I purchased.

shawnac7
2/25/17

I've written to Pea in a Pod twice concerning several items that unraveled after one washing. I've received no response despite that fact that I've spent over $1000 with them.

maryr188
Mary R.
6/4/16

The favorite thing I found at Pea in the Pod was that they carry several items by Spanx, including Mama Spanx. Ladies, the Mama Spanx lives up to its name - it's the mother of all spanx. In the week or so that I've been wearing it, I have sung the hallelujah chorus several times. One of the most surprising aspects of pregnancy has been how big, sore and sensitive my stomach has been now that I've "popped", since the 6th month or so. The Mama Spanx has been a godsend - nothing uncomfortable or too tight, but full coverage and stretchy enough to minimize the painful bounce. As you can tell, I highly recommend it! Wait for one of their online sales and get this!

susanb209
Susan B.
3/29/16

I've gone to the apeainthepod site for all types of different things. Whether it was something simple like a pant extender or maternity jeans they have everything you need. It is beautiful quality designer things. It's overwhelming shopping as a first time Mom, not knowing what the heck you need. This online store is wonderful. Check it out if you are going to a baby shower if you wanna get your friends something classy while everyone else gets them diaper rash cream. It would be a real treat to the Momma!

margaretq15
Margaret Q.
3/28/16

I told myself that through my pregnancy I'd wear primarily non-pregnancy clothes that I can wear post birth. I decided to splurge on a few basics to get me through the last 4 months. This was THE place to splurge. I found maternity JBRAND jeans (which are my favorite non maternity jeans), amazing Pea in the Pod brand denim shorts, a basic black dress, and the most comfortable maternity underwear you will ever put on. This site is awesome for those maternity staples in your wardrobe.

dorothyu9
Dorothy U.
1/15/16

I wasn't fitting into any of my jeans anymore. I didn't want to wear a belly band. I tried a ton of different stores (Nordstrom, Barneys, Macy's, Banana, GAP...etc.) before deciding to go to an online maternity store. I really had tried to avoid it at all costs, but I'm really glad I found this site. They have such an enormous collection of pants and jeans. When I got my order, the tops fit so well over my little bump that it got me really excited to start shopping again. I liked that I didn't have to buy larger sizes in normal clothes to accommodate my growing belly and that I was my normal size here.

helenj48
Helen J.
12/14/15

As far as maternity clothes go, A Pea in a Pod's items are better made, wash and wear better and don't pill. I wear some stuff from other maternity shops, but buy the more expensive things from A Pea in the Pod for stuff I want to last. I love their online store.

karenb244
Karen B.
12/6/15

When you're pregnant with your first baby, if you're like me, you tend to research..... a LOT. We're talking anything baby related...product safety, health info, child development whatnot, and (yes) even how to shop for maternity clothes. Of course, no amount of online articles and blog comments on The Bump can prepare you for the torturous experience of maternity shopping. On The Bump's recommendation, I ended up online at A Pea in the Pod. I absolutely LOVE their selection of clothes! I was scared I was going to be wearing a moomoo for 9 months, but there are actually CUTE maternity clothes out there, and A Pea in the Pod has them!

alexd65
5/28/15

My only complaint was that some items seemed pricey. Quality was great!

kristinew4
2/18/15

I've purchased a few gifts from a pea in the pod and have been happy with them, but the last present I got I was disappointed to find much cheaper at my local maternity store. By then it was too late to return it.

Tip for consumers: Shop around!

margarety3
7/8/14

I bought a dress here and it didn't fit exact and they are great with exchanges. Buying a pregnancy dress is always tricky online as you can't tell exactly how it will fit. They are great.

lisap74
5/5/14

For reliable fit and fair prices I have always shopped at pea in the pod for all of my pregnancies. They are great with returns. too.

patriciar40
3/13/14

They may not have the most designer brands available but their prices here are always very low and I only wear these for a few months anyways. Best place in my opinion for maternity clothing.

heatheru1
9/17/11

As a first time mom-to-be and business owner who is client-facing daily, it can be a challenge to find appropriate maternity clothing. I need stylish, comfortable clothing suitable for a corporate environment.

I've learned three things....1) a dress and a cardigan is the third trimester equivilent to a skirt suit. 2) I *can* and will wear heels as long as I can through this pregnancy. And 3) A Pea in the Pod is a great place to shop, either on-line or at the boutique!!

I've purchased from many on-line maternity retailers, and www.apeainthepod.com is one of the few that i keep going back to. Sure, I've not found a maternity skirt suit, but I've found some amazing maternity dresses that are perfect for work, and dinner afterwards. great styles, true to size, mostly quality materials, and good workmanship in most garmets. I did receive a cardigan with a small hole. I put in a stitch and kept it because it was WAY too cute and practical to return.

One not so supportive comment from me....I do not feel like the models on the site are reflective of real pregnant women. I've love to see women who do not look as though they are not even pregnant. its unrealistic to think your body will not change during pregnancy, and in fact....its unhealthy to promote such a view. skinny women with "bumps" are NOT what its about. It makes me feel like whoever chooses the models is a guy or has never been pregnant. I'd spend even more money shopping here if I felt like what i wanted would look good on my pregnant body....not just on a stick figure with a belly pad.

But really, this store is worth the difference in price that you may see with less expensive maternity clothing. I've shopped at motherhood.com and the quality of the material there is just revolting (yes, I've reviewed it.)

I wonder if A Pea in the Pod has a non-maternity sister site/boutique!!!

21 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Questions? Get answers from the A Pea In The Pod staff and other customers.

A Pea In The Pod?