Review of AnyVan

Tel: 020 3872 3050
reviews@anyvan.com

amyr301
7/10/19

Booked a time slot which they arrived 4 hours late for, rushed the job, communication was poor, our drivers couldn't speak English and so communication was extremely difficult, left a car full of items to move ourselves. And we missed our deadline to hand our keys into our old landlord. Absolutely horrendous support afterwards.

Strapping our belongings to a dead horse and dragging it along the road with two broken arms would have been a far easier experience.

spiwes
7/6/19

I WILL NEVER USE OR RECOMMEND this company to anyone. Booked a slot between 8am-4pm and they turned up 8pm!!! Ontop of that they closed their office by 19.2hrs when it starts 8pm finish! I had trouble with the site initially on booking. The inventory is misleading so when the 2 men (who did not understand our speak English) turned up they had only put 2 items on the inventory and then refused to take the large items. It was for moving house and somehow they do not seem to understand that with moving house comes other boxes. I was under the impression that I should only list the big items. Half an hour to 45 mins later of arguing with a do called very unprofessional manager, I was then charged adfitional money for being on first floor and swapping the bunk bed for a sofa bed. .. DAYLIGHT ROBBERY! No apology for being late! No bring human and meeting us halfway especially after a 4hr delay! Explained that kids had been affected by their delay! To add insult to injury the van broke down and needed a jump start! Ridiculous to say the least! I hope the drivers are paid well for their hardwork! Looking at where to take my complaint further! Does anyone know? So tomorrow we have to move all boxes ourselves! !! #Consumer Rights #fair pay #justice # professionalism

mt267
7/5/19

Completely untrustworthy company. Booking made online and while I indicated that there is a lift at the delivery location they called me the day before to tell me there will be an additional cost involved because: the carrier would have to "lift" the item to put them in the lift. How ridiculous is that!?! And for a small fridge? This is a joke. Do not book online, call if you don't have another option and ask for ALL the costs involved. Who knows maybe if the driver sweats too much you will need to pay for a water bottle too.
And to top everything up on the phone the service lady was trying to convince me that I was wrong and stupid for not understanding properly the costs. I have an email that says exactly what the service includes by the way.

abisolaa
6/26/19

Refused to give me my full refund even though I cancelled two days before as per the return policy, I only received half my money back for ZERO service. Do not trust your belonging with this shady service.

gracem170
5/11/19

After months of saving money from my 8 year old son's disability benefit, we finally bought him a swing and slide set he had desperately wanted, so he could play safely at home and meet his sensory needs. Playgrounds can be difficult for him. We booked anyvan to collect this for us 8 miles away, near the rugby stadium in Twickenham. The evening before collection we were called demanding extra money to collect our 'large' item (though we gave them an accurate description during booking via the Ebay listing) and after paying which left us with no choice of pay further or lose our original payment which is wrong! Furthermore unbeknown to us on the day of collection due to a rugby match the main access to the road was closed. Despite there being secondary access the driver cancelled our collection and left to another job during our pre paid window with 3 hours remaining!. Not only did anyvan refuse a refund they expected us to pay even more to rebook. We are now in contact with trading standards. If anything the most upsetting part is that This is a company who on their website claims that they do charitable work and help those in need. However is contradictory to how they have treated us! hypocritically keeping money from a disabled child for a service they did not provide. Trust the 1 star reviews this is a money grabbing company with poor customer service. Suspicious combination of only 5 star and 1 star reviews. All the positive 5star reviews on here have been 'invited by anyvan' to wrute a reciew. Coincidence no? Trust the latter. Please check other review sites for the real reviews of this company l e.g.GOOGLE ANYVAN REVIEWS

tomg320
5/9/19

Lies, promises, more lies followed by further promises and then they simply stop responding to your issues,

Referred to my credit card company for chargeback.

anthonym564
4/28/19

I booked a collection and delivery today (Sun 28th April 2019), I was apprehensive being a Sunday, but they didnt "delivery"!

Haven't hear nothing at all, I tried texting nad calling the driver which got me no where.

It wasn't until I called into AnyVan that afternoon that they were able to tell me that the driver had been issue the wrong pick up day "due to system error".

They hadn't any intention of calling me to let me know though and I only found out by waiting on hold 10 minutes to speak to someone. I tried their online support but they just told me to call as their system said it was all fine!!!!

Members of staff have said how much they have been struggling to get drivers to work for them recently! They said they could rebook it today, but it was "unlikely to happen".

They actually lied to me on the phone originally saying its a system error, but now I have requested compensation (which they are offering NOTHING) as it was down to the drivers mistake, who will be fined instead.

They have rearranged it for tomorrow meaning myself and the person the item is being collected from will have to take the day off work.

I will update this view if the service is actually provided.

janel204
4/14/19

Cancelled same day as collection and delivery due, no compensation. Had paid extra for a specific day and had no good reason other than our delivery had been dependent on other deliveries which had not come off. Didnt even call back when they said they would so we ended up chasing them on supposed day of delivery. This company is an absolute joke.

sandrap271
3/25/19

Booked van and two men to move some large, heavy furniture. The turned up and complained they didn't have access to one of the cupboards, completely ignoring the fact that access was hampered by two of the items they were moving. We agreed that the cabinet had not been emptied, but even when it was they complained. Stood around for 45 mins, then contacted their office to complain that the job couldn't be done and left. They didn't even have the means to move some of the furniture. My husband bought a wheeled trolley thing which was really useful, not sure have these men would have moved any of our furniture without one. I would not recommend using this company, unhelpful and a total waste of £75.

ts494
3/21/19

My freind used this company as they were cheap but they were totally unreliable.

I would not recommend them at all.

annes306
3/20/19

I ended up having the most stressful moving experience. They outsourced the service, so the 'Michael' that was supposed to be my Van was impossible to contact (or never exist). I had to contact the customer service which was pretty useless. The communication that they promised never happened and the driver never called me. The worst part was they turned up very late with a scary looking driver who was not helpful at all. He charged me extra five pounds to ride with him even though earlier he said I was not allowed to get in the van with him (though on the website, they said I could). The move was in November 2018, but I was so afraid of the driver that I waited till I moved out of the house to write this review.

pipj
2/25/19

Had to cancel a job late and phoned to ask if I could change the booking. No-one picked up my message so the driver turned up. I expected to lose my payment. Next thing, I got multiple calls (several one directly after another). When I could pick up, I was optimistically hoping they were trying to rebook, but no: high pressure tactics to make me pay MORE due to the cancellation. I will be reporting them.

sherim62
2/2/19

Booked to move a 4 bed house to a 4 bed house listed the inventory when I discovered I had missed some items off we even booked a small personal transit to take our personal belongings. anyvan quoted 750 which was compatible with other companies got some good reviews so booked them. Horror started when the day came and a transit van turned up gent advised he was paid 320 to move us, no way was the van ever going to be big enough. I called and basically back up against a wall they could not guarantee another van if they released the job so we had no choice. In absolute disgust I escalated this and another transit van was sent but only until I had gone as far up the chain as possible. The day was a disaster our poor buyers couldn't get into our home, myself and my husband had to do two trips in the van we hired and whilst they sent a second van to help it was a little too late considering the service they provided and the impact they had on everyone. Avoid at all cost moving house is stressful enough without this company making matters worse and impacting two families for a day. No complaints process on their website either.

chriss1057
1/7/19

I booked two men and a van to move some very heavy furniture, but one of them was too unfit and lazy to carry it. I ended up helping the other chap carry it all myself.

Customer services have refused to refund me the extra I paid for two men, offering me an inadequate £40 goodwill gesture instead, which I refused. When I threatened to seek legal advice I was smugly told "you'll never manage to prove it", which just about sums up how much this company cares about their customers.

faya8
1/1/19

Terrible experience - despite agonising over the number of boxes online, and detailing everything, they turned up in a van too small, complained about the boxes (also previously moved by anyvan), traipsed dog $#*! in my house and broke two items of furniture. They also wouldn't take stuff up to the top floor. Since they deny damage there's anyvan can do apparently - even the pre bad post photos aren't considered "evidence". I would never use again

customers71
12/28/18

They offer a automated online portal to book your delivery and then when you cancel with their very simple cancellation button they keep your money with no warning this is just after booking the delivery by about 30mins. Seriously this is daylight robbery and consumer fraud!

They should be closed down no British company that deals on this scale with delivery should be able to conduct itself with such a low level of customer care these guys are perfect suited scumbags. Avoid Avoid Avoid!

russellp72
12/19/18

Poor service and not recommended, I paid an additional fee for a vehicle to be collected, however they failed to collect my vehicle not one but three days late and then hide behind 'unforeseen circumstances' in there terms and conditions to wriggle out of reimbursing the fee that I should have been charged for collection on the day it was collected.

Find someone else to collect what you need!

simonr81
12/6/18

On placing the order and specifying a day of collection I wasn't filled with confidence. All the contact emails look good but don't mean anything as they are not correct for the driver. They are some company running sub standard drivers around in hired vans and don't work for Anyvan. The email come through saying a collection would be made between 8 and 6, 5:30 come and no contact from anyone. I called to be told the driver was stuck and could collect at either 11pm or you can cance or reschedule for the next day. Rescheduled and then they collected the following morning at 10:00am, the driver took everything to the van and loaded up. Later that day the where the goods had been collected from the person went outside their house and found one of the bags left by the side of his car and not loaded up at all.
On calling anyvan the customer service that took 45 minutes to get through to said the driver had loaded ever hung in the van and basically called us a liar and said we never gave the bag to them. The customer service rep said the driver said he picked up 6 bags and loaded them, why then did only 5 get delivered! Don't use this company at all they are cowboys!

kimd249
11/30/18

Disaster from start to finish. Given 8-9am slot they turned up at 11.30 am. The van was far too small and they took until 4pm trying to get everything in. they failed 2 large mirrors and a TV had to be left in a neighbours garage. The two guys pointed out that they had broken the glass in my nans display cabinet. I thought that's ok as they state fully insured. The van left Ramsgate at 4.pm. it was such an old wreck (see pic) it didn't even have a proper roof!!!! They finally turned up in Worthing at 7.30pm. The promosed room to room service went out the window , our belongings were just dumped in the house and finall at 9pm we were in. After quite a fight they have now delivered our belongings that were left behind in the neighbours garage, However they have refused to pay for the repair of my glass cabinet because I don't have a before picture !!! The fact that the men admitted breaking it doesn't seem to count for anything. We have been treated unbelievably and they get away with it cos what can you do on moving day. Don't be fooled by the on line image, from what I can make out they just sub everything out and then that person subs it out again. Hence the rubbish service.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company, the service portrayed on line is not the service you recieve

loub59
11/25/18

Was given time of 2-4pm. Lads turned up at gone six. Instead of taking my belongings to the destination, they drove to another house to drop their belongings off first! This was twenty miles from the destination! No one told me they would do a run before delivering my things. I contacted the manager and expressed that I was not happy. My items were making their way up the M6! He told me then he would take my items back to my house! Eventually I got my items at almost 9pm. Total cowboy. Very unpleasant man. Whatever you do - don't do business with this company.

susieh32
11/7/18

Absolute shambles, messed up my job twice. I lost my customer. Anyvan are refusing to compensate. AVOID them - they only want your money, their customer care is the worst I have ever had.

jonw140
11/4/18

Charged £63 to pick up a bed, except, they didn't pick it up, and they just kept the money. I don't even think I need to explain in detail judging by all the impressive one star reviews they have accumulated . They need shutting down.. which will happen soon. Idiots

madeleinef6
10/25/18

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF USING ANYVAN THEN PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW

I am not one to ever write a bad review, but the unacceptable service I received from AnyVan has compelled me to on this occasion.

The drivers arrived to deliver our furniture at 00.15am. The journey from collection to delivery was over 100 miles, so we were told that they could arrive at the destination the same day as collection or the day after. It was only at 10pm on the day of collection that we received a call from out driver telling us he would not be there until midnight. We had no choice whatsoever in this. The driver arrived at 00.15am and didn't live until 3.49am. We live in a second floor flat so this disturbed our neighbours considerably. Not to mention that this is just an unprofessional and unsociable time. If you do book with AnyVan make sure you specifically state a latest time for delivery. I would not have thought this necessary, but if you want to avoid being up in the middle of the night and disturbing your neighbours then I would recommend it.

We had to do a lot of the heavy lifting despite having paid for 2 men instead of just 1. We paid for 2 men to decrease the amount of lifting we were doing because we didn't know the correct technique for lifting heavy items and so wanted to avoid injury. When the driver and his 17 year old son arrived, they had already been working 16 hours that day (they told us they started at 8am) and so were tired before they even stated lifting. I completely understand that they were tired after working a long day but surely it would have made more sense for them to arrive the following morning instead. On a number of occasions the driver said to my partner 'help me, I'm an old man'. Of course we were more than willing to help with some lifting but we had paid for 2 professional men for a reason. If you do not want to lift heavy items, state this on the special instructions of your booking. Again, I would not have thought this necessary.

The driver told us to destroy our sofa when it would not fit into the flat. One of my main concerns was the driver's attitude when he realised that the sofa would not fit in the flat. At this point it was blocking the stair well so that tenants in the above flat could not get downstairs. Instead of now taking the sofa back downstairs, the driver insisted that the sofa could not be brought back down. He said he had to leave to be somewhere else and we would need to destroy the sofa. As you can imagine this was a very stressful and upsetting situation. After speaking to the driver and his son for at least 20 minutes we eventually managed to persuade them to bring it back down. This process was rushed, causing damage to the sofa and creating even more noise.

There was extensive damage to our furniture and our property. The damage to our furniture was unacceptable. The wooden dining table (which was previously is excellent condition) arrived with a large scrape down the centre and the seat of one of our leather dining chairs was ripped. Again previously in excellent condition, our sofa now has multiple tares in the fabric, the wooden frame is very weak meaning the sofa now rocks side to side and the metal bars of the sofa bed are twisted. This £899 sofa bed was no longer in an acceptable state for use meaning that we had to get rid of it. In addition, whilst trying to get the sofa upstairs, the walls of the stairwell were scratched and damaged so that there are now obvious holes, cracks and marks which will need to be repaired. The driver and his son were not careful with our furniture, on many occasions even standing on the arm of the sofa.

We were not covered for damage. When I informed AnyVan about this damage they explained that because I did not pay for comprehensive insurance that they could not accept responsibility for the damage. Maybe I was naive in thinking that a professional moving company would take responsibility for any damaged caused to your items in transit. This is not the case. The basic insurance included in the price only covers for fire, lighting, aircraft, explosion and theft. If you book with AnyVan make sure you pay for comprehensive insurance. This is not cheap, but worth it if trusting them with your furniture.

The customer service was extremely disappointing. I first asked to make a damage claim as well as a formal complaint about the service on the day of delivery over a month ago in August. The damage claim was dropped, without any kind of compensation or acceptance of wrong doing. Then, only last week after many, many emails was my formal complaint about the service on the night of delivery addressed. During this correspondence, the member of the AnyVan team I was speaking to kept changing and so I had to continuously repeat my reason for complaint. This is unacceptable customer service - it felt like they were doing everything they could so I would get fed up and drop the complaint. Despite everything mentioned above, I was only originally only offered £20 due to the late arrival. After further emails, I was offered another £25 as a 'gesture of goodwill'. To get to this stage with AnyVan has taken me 6 weeks of continuous emails and phone calls and they are still yet to have responded to all of my concerns or accept any kind of responsibility.

I will finish by saying that my brother has also recently used AnyVan. He was allocated a different driver and had nothing bad to say about the experience. It is a luck of the draw with AnyVan. You cannot be sure of the standard and quality of driver you will be allocated. So if you are in need of a-man-with-a-van' I would strongly advise you to use someone local and recommended rather than take a chance. That is certainly what I will do in the future.

I am absolutely appalled by the service I received, and would strongly urge anyone against using AnyVan in the future.

ma150
10/25/18

Twice I've used Anyvan recently and both times the experience has been unacceptable. My first delivery didn't arrive until 12.40am and the one I'm currently waiting for has been changed three times. Don't expect any type of discount from Anyvan if you are messed around because they won't do a thing. No point choosing a particular day as the drivers do what suits them not the agreed booking you pay for.

ls231
10/15/18

We booked to move a piece of furniture and paid extra for a shorter slot between 1pm-3pm. No one called or updated us for the whole morning therefore called customer service at about 3:20pm. I was told by the woman on the phone that it's only 20 mins late so I should have waited a bit longer. She then said she was unable to get hold of the driver and only sent him a message. We wanted a refund at the time but was told they DON'T GIVE REFUND! Meanwhile we were trying to get hold of the driver but no luck. At 5 pm I was finally able to get through the driver and was told I needed to wait for another 2.5 hours. We lost our temper by this time and told them this was unacceptable, the driver then said they can't do it today as they were still finishing other jobs. I am shocked by the incompetency of this company and the "no refund" policy is just dodgy. I have seen on Trustpilot that there are so many positive reviews but those reviewers seem like one-off generated fake profiles. PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY!

They turned up hours after the pick up time given for my freinds delivery without any communication

By T S.

Hi Gary, yes there is. We do not operate in the USA and we are aware that someone is using our name and branding across the pond. Please do not get in touch with these scammers.

By AnyVan T., AnyVan Representative

Hi Steve, there is a company in the USA that is currently using our name and branding to scam customers. We do not operate in the USA and we are aware that someone is using our branding across the pond. Please do not get in touch with these scammers.

By AnyVan T., AnyVan Representative

Anyvan are UK scammers and they do not have BBB Big Ball Bastards

By James M.

Questions? Get answers from the AnyVan staff and other customers.

AnyVan?