Review of AnyVan

Tel: 020 3872 3050
reviews@anyvan.com

janel204
4/14/19

Cancelled same day as collection and delivery due, no compensation. Had paid extra for a specific day and had no good reason other than our delivery had been dependent on other deliveries which had not come off. Didnt even call back when they said they would so we ended up chasing them on supposed day of delivery. This company is an absolute joke.

sandrap271
3/25/19

Booked van and two men to move some large, heavy furniture. The turned up and complained they didn't have access to one of the cupboards, completely ignoring the fact that access was hampered by two of the items they were moving. We agreed that the cabinet had not been emptied, but even when it was they complained. Stood around for 45 mins, then contacted their office to complain that the job couldn't be done and left. They didn't even have the means to move some of the furniture. My husband bought a wheeled trolley thing which was really useful, not sure have these men would have moved any of our furniture without one. I would not recommend using this company, unhelpful and a total waste of £75.

ts494
3/21/19

My freind used this company as they were cheap but they were totally unreliable.

I would not recommend them at all.

annes306
3/20/19

I ended up having the most stressful moving experience. They outsourced the service, so the 'Michael' that was supposed to be my Van was impossible to contact (or never exist). I had to contact the customer service which was pretty useless. The communication that they promised never happened and the driver never called me. The worst part was they turned up very late with a scary looking driver who was not helpful at all. He charged me extra five pounds to ride with him even though earlier he said I was not allowed to get in the van with him (though on the website, they said I could). The move was in November 2018, but I was so afraid of the driver that I waited till I moved out of the house to write this review.

pipj
2/25/19

Had to cancel a job late and phoned to ask if I could change the booking. No-one picked up my message so the driver turned up. I expected to lose my payment. Next thing, I got multiple calls (several one directly after another). When I could pick up, I was optimistically hoping they were trying to rebook, but no: high pressure tactics to make me pay MORE due to the cancellation. I will be reporting them.

sherim62
2/2/19

Booked to move a 4 bed house to a 4 bed house listed the inventory when I discovered I had missed some items off we even booked a small personal transit to take our personal belongings. anyvan quoted 750 which was compatible with other companies got some good reviews so booked them. Horror started when the day came and a transit van turned up gent advised he was paid 320 to move us, no way was the van ever going to be big enough. I called and basically back up against a wall they could not guarantee another van if they released the job so we had no choice. In absolute disgust I escalated this and another transit van was sent but only until I had gone as far up the chain as possible. The day was a disaster our poor buyers couldn't get into our home, myself and my husband had to do two trips in the van we hired and whilst they sent a second van to help it was a little too late considering the service they provided and the impact they had on everyone. Avoid at all cost moving house is stressful enough without this company making matters worse and impacting two families for a day. No complaints process on their website either.

chriss1057
1/7/19

I booked two men and a van to move some very heavy furniture, but one of them was too unfit and lazy to carry it. I ended up helping the other chap carry it all myself.

Customer services have refused to refund me the extra I paid for two men, offering me an inadequate £40 goodwill gesture instead, which I refused. When I threatened to seek legal advice I was smugly told "you'll never manage to prove it", which just about sums up how much this company cares about their customers.

faya8
1/1/19

Terrible experience - despite agonising over the number of boxes online, and detailing everything, they turned up in a van too small, complained about the boxes (also previously moved by anyvan), traipsed dog $#*! in my house and broke two items of furniture. They also wouldn't take stuff up to the top floor. Since they deny damage there's anyvan can do apparently - even the pre bad post photos aren't considered "evidence". I would never use again

customers71
12/28/18

They offer a automated online portal to book your delivery and then when you cancel with their very simple cancellation button they keep your money with no warning this is just after booking the delivery by about 30mins. Seriously this is daylight robbery and consumer fraud!

They should be closed down no British company that deals on this scale with delivery should be able to conduct itself with such a low level of customer care these guys are perfect suited scumbags. Avoid Avoid Avoid!

russellp72
12/19/18

Poor service and not recommended, I paid an additional fee for a vehicle to be collected, however they failed to collect my vehicle not one but three days late and then hide behind 'unforeseen circumstances' in there terms and conditions to wriggle out of reimbursing the fee that I should have been charged for collection on the day it was collected.

Find someone else to collect what you need!

simonr81
12/6/18

On placing the order and specifying a day of collection I wasn't filled with confidence. All the contact emails look good but don't mean anything as they are not correct for the driver. They are some company running sub standard drivers around in hired vans and don't work for Anyvan. The email come through saying a collection would be made between 8 and 6, 5:30 come and no contact from anyone. I called to be told the driver was stuck and could collect at either 11pm or you can cance or reschedule for the next day. Rescheduled and then they collected the following morning at 10:00am, the driver took everything to the van and loaded up. Later that day the where the goods had been collected from the person went outside their house and found one of the bags left by the side of his car and not loaded up at all.
On calling anyvan the customer service that took 45 minutes to get through to said the driver had loaded ever hung in the van and basically called us a liar and said we never gave the bag to them. The customer service rep said the driver said he picked up 6 bags and loaded them, why then did only 5 get delivered! Don't use this company at all they are cowboys!

kimd249
11/30/18

Disaster from start to finish. Given 8-9am slot they turned up at 11.30 am. The van was far too small and they took until 4pm trying to get everything in. they failed 2 large mirrors and a TV had to be left in a neighbours garage. The two guys pointed out that they had broken the glass in my nans display cabinet. I thought that's ok as they state fully insured. The van left Ramsgate at 4.pm. it was such an old wreck (see pic) it didn't even have a proper roof!!!! They finally turned up in Worthing at 7.30pm. The promosed room to room service went out the window , our belongings were just dumped in the house and finall at 9pm we were in. After quite a fight they have now delivered our belongings that were left behind in the neighbours garage, However they have refused to pay for the repair of my glass cabinet because I don't have a before picture !!! The fact that the men admitted breaking it doesn't seem to count for anything. We have been treated unbelievably and they get away with it cos what can you do on moving day. Don't be fooled by the on line image, from what I can make out they just sub everything out and then that person subs it out again. Hence the rubbish service.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company, the service portrayed on line is not the service you recieve

loub59
11/25/18

Was given time of 2-4pm. Lads turned up at gone six. Instead of taking my belongings to the destination, they drove to another house to drop their belongings off first! This was twenty miles from the destination! No one told me they would do a run before delivering my things. I contacted the manager and expressed that I was not happy. My items were making their way up the M6! He told me then he would take my items back to my house! Eventually I got my items at almost 9pm. Total cowboy. Very unpleasant man. Whatever you do - don't do business with this company.

susieh32
11/7/18

Absolute shambles, messed up my job twice. I lost my customer. Anyvan are refusing to compensate. AVOID them - they only want your money, their customer care is the worst I have ever had.

jonw140
11/4/18

Charged £63 to pick up a bed, except, they didn't pick it up, and they just kept the money. I don't even think I need to explain in detail judging by all the impressive one star reviews they have accumulated . They need shutting down.. which will happen soon. Idiots

madeleinef6
10/25/18

IF YOU ARE THINKING OF USING ANYVAN THEN PLEASE READ THIS REVIEW

I am not one to ever write a bad review, but the unacceptable service I received from AnyVan has compelled me to on this occasion.

The drivers arrived to deliver our furniture at 00.15am. The journey from collection to delivery was over 100 miles, so we were told that they could arrive at the destination the same day as collection or the day after. It was only at 10pm on the day of collection that we received a call from out driver telling us he would not be there until midnight. We had no choice whatsoever in this. The driver arrived at 00.15am and didn't live until 3.49am. We live in a second floor flat so this disturbed our neighbours considerably. Not to mention that this is just an unprofessional and unsociable time. If you do book with AnyVan make sure you specifically state a latest time for delivery. I would not have thought this necessary, but if you want to avoid being up in the middle of the night and disturbing your neighbours then I would recommend it.

We had to do a lot of the heavy lifting despite having paid for 2 men instead of just 1. We paid for 2 men to decrease the amount of lifting we were doing because we didn't know the correct technique for lifting heavy items and so wanted to avoid injury. When the driver and his 17 year old son arrived, they had already been working 16 hours that day (they told us they started at 8am) and so were tired before they even stated lifting. I completely understand that they were tired after working a long day but surely it would have made more sense for them to arrive the following morning instead. On a number of occasions the driver said to my partner 'help me, I'm an old man'. Of course we were more than willing to help with some lifting but we had paid for 2 professional men for a reason. If you do not want to lift heavy items, state this on the special instructions of your booking. Again, I would not have thought this necessary.

The driver told us to destroy our sofa when it would not fit into the flat. One of my main concerns was the driver's attitude when he realised that the sofa would not fit in the flat. At this point it was blocking the stair well so that tenants in the above flat could not get downstairs. Instead of now taking the sofa back downstairs, the driver insisted that the sofa could not be brought back down. He said he had to leave to be somewhere else and we would need to destroy the sofa. As you can imagine this was a very stressful and upsetting situation. After speaking to the driver and his son for at least 20 minutes we eventually managed to persuade them to bring it back down. This process was rushed, causing damage to the sofa and creating even more noise.

There was extensive damage to our furniture and our property. The damage to our furniture was unacceptable. The wooden dining table (which was previously is excellent condition) arrived with a large scrape down the centre and the seat of one of our leather dining chairs was ripped. Again previously in excellent condition, our sofa now has multiple tares in the fabric, the wooden frame is very weak meaning the sofa now rocks side to side and the metal bars of the sofa bed are twisted. This £899 sofa bed was no longer in an acceptable state for use meaning that we had to get rid of it. In addition, whilst trying to get the sofa upstairs, the walls of the stairwell were scratched and damaged so that there are now obvious holes, cracks and marks which will need to be repaired. The driver and his son were not careful with our furniture, on many occasions even standing on the arm of the sofa.

We were not covered for damage. When I informed AnyVan about this damage they explained that because I did not pay for comprehensive insurance that they could not accept responsibility for the damage. Maybe I was naive in thinking that a professional moving company would take responsibility for any damaged caused to your items in transit. This is not the case. The basic insurance included in the price only covers for fire, lighting, aircraft, explosion and theft. If you book with AnyVan make sure you pay for comprehensive insurance. This is not cheap, but worth it if trusting them with your furniture.

The customer service was extremely disappointing. I first asked to make a damage claim as well as a formal complaint about the service on the day of delivery over a month ago in August. The damage claim was dropped, without any kind of compensation or acceptance of wrong doing. Then, only last week after many, many emails was my formal complaint about the service on the night of delivery addressed. During this correspondence, the member of the AnyVan team I was speaking to kept changing and so I had to continuously repeat my reason for complaint. This is unacceptable customer service - it felt like they were doing everything they could so I would get fed up and drop the complaint. Despite everything mentioned above, I was only originally only offered £20 due to the late arrival. After further emails, I was offered another £25 as a 'gesture of goodwill'. To get to this stage with AnyVan has taken me 6 weeks of continuous emails and phone calls and they are still yet to have responded to all of my concerns or accept any kind of responsibility.

I will finish by saying that my brother has also recently used AnyVan. He was allocated a different driver and had nothing bad to say about the experience. It is a luck of the draw with AnyVan. You cannot be sure of the standard and quality of driver you will be allocated. So if you are in need of a-man-with-a-van' I would strongly advise you to use someone local and recommended rather than take a chance. That is certainly what I will do in the future.

I am absolutely appalled by the service I received, and would strongly urge anyone against using AnyVan in the future.

ma150
10/25/18

Twice I've used Anyvan recently and both times the experience has been unacceptable. My first delivery didn't arrive until 12.40am and the one I'm currently waiting for has been changed three times. Don't expect any type of discount from Anyvan if you are messed around because they won't do a thing. No point choosing a particular day as the drivers do what suits them not the agreed booking you pay for.

ls231
10/15/18

We booked to move a piece of furniture and paid extra for a shorter slot between 1pm-3pm. No one called or updated us for the whole morning therefore called customer service at about 3:20pm. I was told by the woman on the phone that it's only 20 mins late so I should have waited a bit longer. She then said she was unable to get hold of the driver and only sent him a message. We wanted a refund at the time but was told they DON'T GIVE REFUND! Meanwhile we were trying to get hold of the driver but no luck. At 5 pm I was finally able to get through the driver and was told I needed to wait for another 2.5 hours. We lost our temper by this time and told them this was unacceptable, the driver then said they can't do it today as they were still finishing other jobs. I am shocked by the incompetency of this company and the "no refund" policy is just dodgy. I have seen on Trustpilot that there are so many positive reviews but those reviewers seem like one-off generated fake profiles. PLEASE AVOID THIS COMPANY!

andersona18
10/10/18

This was the worst decision of my life

This was the worst decision of my life. From the minute the guys turned up at my home I got nothing but attitude from them. I was made to feel like they were doing me a favour, sorry but I paid for a service didn't I?? The driver even started getting rude and aggressive, making comments that because of me he had missed out on other jobs.
Broke all our plates and other breakable items whilst packing, refused to take the mirror that was on the list of things to move, would not help with taking the tv off the wall, broke my baby's wardrobe (again something I paid to be dismantled and reassembled), did not return the tools I loaned them and stole my montblonc belt as well.
Not sure where the hate came from, I can only put it down to both guys being racist because as soon as he saw me at the door, the look I got was that look of HATE!!
Complained to AnyVan and as far as I'm concerned, they have done nothing to resolve this issue.
DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY, why should you be made to feel hostile in your own home.

mariag331
10/8/18

I have used anyvan several times before and was happy with them. They would previously get you in touch with independent companies and once you had chosen one, you would then be given their contact details and make arrangements with them directly.

This has now changed; you do not receive quotes from companies and do not get the man's contact details until the day of the move! So all of your communication beforehand is with anyvan only. It's the first time I have used anyvan since this was implemented and felt there is an obvious decline in the quality of the services:

1. I rang the company to ask a question a couple of days before moving. The person on the phone was reluctant to give a clear answer, instead he said this is in the T&Cs' (which by the way are about 10 pages long).

2. I was charged £15 extra for them to give me a T-W-O rather than five hour window for the pick-up time. They reassured me that the driver would call me on the day and give me the exact time; this never happened!

3. I was given an estimated pick-up time by the company on the day. The driver arrived one hour earlier WITHOUT ANY PRIOR NOTICE, while I was still finishing packing !!

4. The first thing the driver did when he walked in was to count the boxes. There was one box, one shoecase and a medium size light plastic bin, on top of what I had declared. The driver suggested they would charge me extra for those, and that extra was 50% of what I had been charged originally! I called anyvan and they said the reason for that was that he might not have enough space on the van and it might interfere with other jobs he had later; well I later realised the van was EMPTY otherwise and he did not have any jobs scheduled before delivering my stuff.

5. The second thing the driver did when he walked in was to warn me that (in spite of the fact that he had arrived early unannounced) he had a 30 minute window for loading, and I would be charged extra if he exceeded this !!!

6. The driver forgot two large heavy boxes behind -one of which with important items inside- in the lift at the pick-up location He obviously didn't care to count what he was delivering, as there was no potential of charging me extra there. I later realised they were missing and had to go back late in the evening on a Saturday to find them sitting in the lift (see photo). Needless to say how distressing the experience was.
I spoke to anyvan the next day. They agreed to arrange for another man to pick them up and deliver them, but in spite of all of the above persistently denied me a refund, not even of the extra they charged for my extra items. One of them claimed that that's not in the T&Cs'.

At the end of all of this, anyvan very cleverly sends you a feedback form to complete on the driver's performance rather than theirs. I would like to stress that my problem is with the company and their policies, and I believe the liability for the above is primarily with them not the driver!!!!!

I have moved over 10 times in the last decade and never encountered any of the above issues. So I believe I have a good sense for what a good service and professionalism are about. I found the service I received simply unacceptable.

My experience was of an impersonal, ridgid service and of a company trying to use every opportunity to milk money out of me. These guys made an already stressful transition ten times worse! Needless to say I will not be using them again in future and will never recommend them to a friend again (which I have been doing to date).

AVOID THEM IF YOU WANT MY ADVICE.

nigelr29
10/5/18

Disgraceful company, left me in the lurch by failing to provide a van/driver for a booking made several weeks in advance, and only admitting this the day of my move.

Nothing but apologies frim a company which clearly does not understand that these are unsatisfactory in their line of work.

paulaf78
9/29/18

Book the service a week ago for today. Been calling the driver for three days, someone -who I honestly think was the driver- took 2 of 6 calls saying driver was busy and will call me in a while. Never called me back. Tried to talk to someone from Anyvan Customer Support. Waiting for between 15-20 min everytime and never took my call. Today's moving day and still haven't news from driver or anyone, just that they would appear in some point between 8am to 6pm!!!!! Just had to cancel it and find another way to do it and lost 80£.
Definitely NOT RECOMMENDED AT ALL.

kimberleyb21
Kimberley B.
9/28/18

We decided to use AnyVan services again after they took our household items from our home to a storage unit. This went flawlessly, the 2 young lads were brilliant no issues. So we had no hesitation to book Anyvan again to take our items from storage 300 miles to our new home. Booked the job over the phone and agreed collection Mon from storage unit, delivery Tuesday. We had a text giving drivers contact number etc -great. However, We had no communication from the driver what so ever on Monday or Tuesday.So we are sat in our new house waiting for our delivery attemped to call driver no answer.wouldnt reply to our text on Monday asking if he could give us rough ETA. Gets to 4.30pm still no delivery.call storage company,it HADN'T even been collected. Spoke to Anyvan call centre they couldn't reach the driver either. Eventually received a phone call (someone on behalf of the driver)saying he was busy.he could deliver tonight after 10pm or the next morning.there so no way he could have delivered 300 miles away by 10pm. Basically our things arrived exactly a day late.call centre assured me there could be claim for compensation. Apologised.Was due to have 2callbacks which never happened.(even left it a few days.) Called to carry out compensation claim.was told there is no such thing,they don't give compensation as drivers are self employed. Pushed and stated that's not my fault if someone they working for their company hasn't delivered on time.Someone was accountable. I received £30.from paying out over £300??? It caused so much stress on moving in.we had no bedding etc so had to go out buy an airbed etc. (Which is already previously bought which was with our things).I had recently reviewed the previous service 4/5 but on this occasion 1 at best. Won't be using again. If you get a good driver no problems but inevitably if you don't no one takes responsibility.

chriso132
9/27/18

This company is shocking, I have just left my husband due to domestic abuse and was given a safe house from the council, I paid anyvan £329 and they sent out 2 Romanian guys on the day, they said they couldn't do the work due to an allergy to dogs hairs, so anyvan sent out 3 Russian guys as and they told me the job was too big for them and they needed petrol!!!! And they left too. I called anyvan and they told me that it was due to the state of my furniture and I wasn't going to get a refund!! Now my furniture might be old but it is not dangerous, surely if you pay for a job to be done and it doesn't get done, you will be refunded! I had to borrow that money in the first place, and then had to borrow another £400 to get the job done by 2 local lads, with no complaints. DO NOT GO CHEAP PEOPLE YOU MIGHT LOSE IT ALTOGETHER, THEY MIGHT STEAL YOUR MONEY TOO!! Guess I will have to take it to the small claims, appointment next week with the citizens advice bureau. BEWARE

markh725
9/24/18

Vehicle transport booked but on finding full vehicle details transport company said cost would be increased which made job unviable. We mutually agreed to cancel. Anyvan would not refund a penny, kept referring me to their T&C's so kept the £450 deposit, DO NOT USE THESE PEOPLE, no reasoning with them when things don't work out.

They turned up hours after the pick up time given for my freinds delivery without any communication

By T S.

Hi Gary, yes there is. We do not operate in the USA and we are aware that someone is using our name and branding across the pond. Please do not get in touch with these scammers.

By AnyVan T., AnyVan Representative

Hi Steve, there is a company in the USA that is currently using our name and branding to scam customers. We do not operate in the USA and we are aware that someone is using our branding across the pond. Please do not get in touch with these scammers.

By AnyVan T., AnyVan Representative

Anyvan are UK scammers and they do not have BBB Big Ball Bastards

By James M.

Questions? Get answers from the AnyVan staff and other customers.

AnyVan?