Review of Acorn TV

Tel: +1-800-778-7879
support@acorn.tv

victorr62
12/15/17

I had this ervice for 9 years -- I canceled only to use abtter access. However after the cancelation they continued ot charge me. I requested a refund and they acknowleged it was their mistake but declined to correct it. They then stopped answerifgn all emials and they have no customer service phone.

It is less that 5.00, but it is very annoying to find themsoproud of their ability to steal.

edwardh93
12/15/17

In ordering this Item a Christmas Bulb, I experienced the worst service. The bulbs light only stayed on for 30 minutes. The batteries I went to change and the instructions were so horribly child like in its description that I called the customer service number for help. The customer service agent was very nice and stated, "I'm looking at these instructions as well and the they don't make sense, so I will reach out to the warehouse. He did and stated, we will send you another one for this inconvenience".
The next day, I received a phone call from a women to my 212.281.9715 number and she was so nasty stating that these instructions are clear and all we got and that basically I was an idiot. I cancelled the order. You have some horrible women working at this place.

Tip for consumers: The most unreliable and discourteous company I've dealt with ever besides ebay which I would never use. Acorn is horrific and has the worst females to service than the male customer service agents at this company. Horrible product too.

jimp148
12/10/17

subscribed to 1 year of ACORN in 2017. Thankfully my credit card expired and they could not renew service.
Then yesterday somehow they got hold of my new credit card number and charged me for another year of (unwanted) service.
I sent a cancellation request immediately, which ACORN accepted, with my account expiring in November, 2019.
So I am still saddled with an unwanted charge of 66.01$ Canadian, for a service I have no use for.

Jim Priebe

janets159
12/5/17

At first ok, found a series which we enjoyed. The next was problematic - episodes unavailable because of this ( ....code)! Some good videos most are ancient or for the simple minded. No decent ones like Dads 'Army or 'One Foot in The Grave. We got tired of the choices and tired of reception problems then signing on was told my membership was at an end!! but they still took the money!! Battle still going - thick people. So don't know where we are but no refunds so watch out.

kingc11
11/25/17

No customer service phone - does not work with Apple TV. Emailed them with my problem and they did email back with the suggestion to delete and reinstall the app. Did not work - no more response from customer service. My advice is to only subscribe through a service like Apple so you have control over cancellation.

susanb192
11/21/17
• Updated review

There are a few glitches now and then, but mostly everything Is fine. Now Im a bit peeved with site jabber because Im required to write 100 characters.

“Love the content but having major problems streaming”
11/21/17
• Previous review

I just signed up for a free month yesterday and I see that this service is basically worthless. I was able to finally watch one episode but not before a struggle. Very unfortunate.

johns2498
11/11/17

One will find that streaming Acorn TV with Amazon Fire TV is impossible, not so with other devices. I do not know who is responsible for the app (Amazon vs Acorn), but if you plan on streaming Acorn with Amazon Fire TV save your money. Also, those whom wish to contact Acorn customer service may do so at 888-870-8047.

claudel31
11/10/17

I dont believe that your reviews are honest. I am subscribe to Acorn tv and am very satisfy with the quality of their series, films and documentaries. The picture is always of very good quality and did have receive very good service from them. Also there is a very low quantity of programs not availible in Canada . By reading all of your frustrations over Acorn tv looks like as plot to discredit their good services.

dianes203
11/6/17

The picture at Acorn tv is BLURRY and constantly buffering. They're cheating people with an inferior product. There's nothing wrong with our money that you take - but there's something seriously wrong with the product you provide in return Acorn !

judyc97
10/20/17

I signed up for free one month and cancelled in one week. They charged me anyway. They have no number for customer service. It wii cost me money at my bank to stop payment..hate this Chanel

loreleis3
10/16/17

I had a yearly account paying about $50 a year. I cancelled before the renewal date and they charged me anyway. They say my subscription will cancel in a year! I want to cancel now. They have no customer phone and no way to get this problem solved on line. This is a disaster and I would never recommend this to anyone. If you like British stuff go to britbox. Sooooo much better. Much more content and constantly updates. It is 6.99 a month and worth every cent. dont waste you money on acorn.

sherryc59
9/8/17

Many of the best shows are not available in Canada, yet Canadians pay the same rate as American viewers. How is that fair? I'll stay with Netflix.

shirleyg44
8/25/17

Acorn has been a huge disappointment. First, we found out that the charge was in American funds, which was not mentioned at any point when signing up; between the exchange rate and bank fees, it was significantly more expensive than expected. Secondly, many programmes are not available in Canada, and unlike Netflix, those shows are listed so that you discover they're not available only when you select them. Third, the application doesn't work well; links often just don't work. Spend your money elsewhere.

johnz78
8/15/17

Thought we would try Acorn mainly because we enjoy British and Australian mystery series, We cancelled as most of the the programs are "not available in your area." Very disappointed.

tamh2
7/20/17

I cancelled Acorn 4 months ago and still getting charged. After more emails and lies they won't help. I even sent the original email confirmation from them when I cancelled. Acorn say's I am still connected through a carrier? although I only ran it through a Roku box. So don't get involved. They really lied about 30day free trial, billed me the minute I signed up .. FRUSTRATED AND STILL PAYING.

catherinea33
7/5/17

How can I contact acorn. I signed up for the trial and already was billed. It doesn't work with my equipment and I want to cancel ??????

gwend128
6/21/17

I recently signed up with Acorn.tv and had some issues attempting to log into the app on my tablet. I reached out via phone and received great service and help. Turns out I was logged in twice and it was causing some conflict. The customer service team walked me right through the process they were very courteous and professional. I let them know that I really love the programs and enjoy sitting down after a long day of work to watch. Thanks Acorn for providing great customer service and great programs!

mb260
5/20/17

Called their support number and was told they did not have any phone time, An hour later, they do. Confirmed double billing with my credit card people. Acorn is telling me I singed up for 2 accounts - - in one house??? I am asking Credit people to attempt to get me a refund of double pay. Have canceled Acorn.

thomasr146
5/6/17

Watched the first 3 episodes of The Disappearance - great..Went back the next night could not even find the show! Extremely amateurish streaming device that is very customer UNfriendly. Would absolutely fire all the so called professionals that put this together and completely revise the system. I mean have you ever really benchmarked the competition? You come up short in ALL categories!!!!

judithf18
4/29/17

I love the shows, but most of the time I am unable to watch them. As with other customers, I can watch Netflix, amazon, Hulu, etc. with no problem. Acorn will buffer, stop author no restart. My internet speed is fine for streaming. Not sure what to do because I really like the shows.

krish200
4/17/17

I don.'t know what their problem is, but their streaming is just awful most of the day. I do not have that problem with NETFLIX or Amazon, just Acorn. GRRRRRR

drakee1
4/8/17

The buffering is so annoying that in the past 7 months I've watched the channel less than the fingers on my hand. I paid 50 bucks for nothing. And, I get all my other channels with no problem, Netflix, Hulu, Prime, so please don't tell me that it's my Wi-Fi speed. I won't be renewing.....

susane72
3/28/17

This is by far my favourite streaming site. I love it so much that I watch it every day. The content is by and far British. Fantastic mysteries, dramas & comedies and great UK actors. Quality movies and shows for people who like their entertainment to be always
10 out of 10.

carls90
3/28/17

We wait for monday when we will have new shows. Nothing but Murdock, which we love but no good mysteries. Dominion creek is nothing more than a canadian DEADWOOD. We are not crazy about PIE IN THE SKY. Rake maybe good, we don't care for it. We have started to go to other channels to get FATHER BROWN. What's going on with you guys? We loved Acorn at first but now you are going the wrong way.

dianaf2
3/26/17

I had a email or password problem while setting up an additional Roku in another room. When I tried to sign into Acorn it would not recognize my email and or password. There is no customer service number on the website and you can only email them. Also, it seems that they do not work weekends since I have had no response to my email. Maybe i"ll switch to BritBox. I did request an reset link be sent to my email on file, but no reset email was ever sent.

The best way to get Acorn is to subscribe through Amazon Prime, if you have that. Streaming is immeasurably better and you don't have to deal with Acorn's dishonest business practices.

By Susan B.

I don't think they want you to contact them. I've tried by phone and email and get nothing but unreturned calls. As for email, forget about getting any help there. They never answer them. The phone number I have found on their website is 888-870-8047, but I have never been able to reach an agent. I have only been able to leave messages which I don't think they listen to. Sorry I don't have something more positive to say.

By Colleen A.

I can't answer re the prime way. I had free prime for a short time and when I checked out their acorntv service I saw that in addition to the monthly payment there are certain series that charge extra for episodes. That is the main reason I don't have prime, all the extra charges. I have acorn on my roku, don't really have streaming issues with that. Sometimes the cc when going back to a paused episode. Only issue is their idiotic new format. But learned to deal. Basically, I recommend roku, not prime.

By lin g.

I was able to set up acorntv on a friend's roku.

By lin g.

A truly worthless service! Unless you have a recently made Smart Samsung TV - the app is not in the Samsung Apps!!! So, unless you want to spend $2,000 on a new Smart Samsung TV - just to get Acorn TV...forget about it!!! There really is not good way to watch British television shows. Period.

By Doug S.

This will be your experience with Acorn for at least half the time you try to use it. They will not help you in any way, or respond to you except with automated forms. Get out now before they overcharge you. This problem does not occur if you sign up for Acorn as an Amazon Prime video Add-on.

By Susan B.

There's a way to contact support through the Apple app store. If you can, and haven't already, download the app and use it to put in a support request. I think they might be more likely to respond because they don't want trouble with Apple; if they ignore Apple customers, they risk having their app pulled from the app store. It's worth a shot. If your Acorn password is fixed in one place, it should work wherever you log in from.

By Cate S.

Questions? Get answers from the Acorn TV staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Acorn TV