Pluto TV

Pluto TV has a consumer rating of 2.1 stars from 59 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Pluto TV also ranks 78th among TV Shows sites.

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 7.7%
How would you rate Pluto TV?

“Decent tv if you don't mind commercials & ads”

Jen C.
1/18/20

The commercials and political ads really don't bother me. I'm not triggered by them so all is ok. Good choices of classic movies and tv series. It's definitely better than another "free" program I've been watching. I won't give it 5 stars but I'm satisfied so far.

“Perverted Advertisements”

Lovie E.
3/7/20

They are putting condom commercials on early in the day when kids could be watching. Just after noon today, they put an advertisement for some weird channel with men dancing and kissing each other. I don't want to see that and have the liberal agenda shoved down my throat. It will never be accepted as normal because it is perverted! I may stop using Pluto if this occurs again.

loviee
March 7th, 2020
toms969
January 16th, 2020
It's ok if your looking to see Tom Steyers face every 30 seconds!!! Way to many ads featuring this IDIOT! We definitely know who paid for this app to stay alive!!! Just love watching him spew his lies and ignorance EVERY commercial break, not just once but TWICE per commercial break the same ad!!! Guess we know who else ole Tommy Boy bought, way to go Pluto tv...or should I say TomSteyer TV
joieh
January 14th, 2020
Commercials on Pluto bash Trump continuously! If they want to run undecided voters and republicans off, well it's working. I, for one, will not watch a biased station that tells me what I should think, feel, or who I should vote for. We get enough of that on MSNB(S)C and FOX. I will make up my own mind and vote my own choices. Who are you to tell me what I want? Keep your biased crap opinions to your self!
camf6
January 20th, 2020
When I first started watching Pluto several months ago, there were only a few commercials. Now it seems every other ad is offensive, especially the condom commercials. I find this very offensive!!! What if children are in the room!!! Please take these ads off of Pluto or you will lose a viewer.
toomec
March 5th, 2020
By far my favorite thing to watch until they keep updating. They took away ridiculousness so I was forced to fail army which is nothing but replays. Now they took that off and put some absolutely horrid show called fail five with the most annoying female host I've ever seen I can't watch it. I recommended this many a time but not anymore.
jasonc857
March 30th, 2020
Too many commercials, always lags . Very very slow. The guide is never up to date. Constant reruns. Can't pause. Can't rewind. Can't fast forward . It's definitely the last choice for free TV. This app has one thing going for it that's dog the bounty Hunter. But they keep showing the same one's over and over with tons of commercials
thomasl704
June 11th, 2020
i watch one channel a lot. seems like it's just about ten episodes that just continuously play in random order. why? there are so many seasons of these shows ... sad
andrenas
June 30th, 2020
I've been trying to watch several movies on demand but they only play for about 20-25mins then it goes back to my Roku home screen. Please fix this...otherwise the app is useless.
kimw521
April 1st, 2020
Pluto could have taken over the airwaves but no, They have been showing the same hand full of sad movies for 6 months or more. Every channel ( except the news) shows the same six shows over and over. Americans let T.V. and cable get away with it like the brain washed zombies we have become. I dropped Pluto, Thankfully there is Roku.
davel432
May 18th, 2020
Over and over same negative political ads. This tells me Pluto will sell out to just about anything.
christinah489
March 29th, 2020
It's a nice app, but these commercials...I don't mind commercials in general, but here we are watching kids movies with commercials not made for children!! The same one over and over again every break!!! We also don't watch a lot of horror and thriller... and here we are watching a light-hearted movies with horror/thriller commercials ...on repeat! And get rid of "The Invisible Man" crap. I've seen that one so much it makes me not want to watch it.
johnp2502
March 16th, 2020
I can live with the incessantly repetitive commercials, but they repeat the same few Doctor Who episodes for months now...why? There are so many to choose from, yet we get the same ones, over, and over, and over again. Seems like an effective torture, but entertainment...? not really...maybe that's the point.
brucet132
January 30th, 2020
Watching back to back and endless commercials about the Hardrock cafe drives me frequently to pay channels. Watching the same commercials back to back and on numerous channels simultaneously is torture. At least on pay channels the commercials are varied. I will NEVER visit the Hardrock cafe solely because of those repeat, repeat, repeat ads is mental torture. Great way to break a prisoner to make him talk!
stevek614
March 19th, 2020
I have Pluto TV on my Amazon Fire TV stick. There is a limited ability to view a channel guide. There is a horrible problem with buffering., I have several other apps on the Fire TV stick and those do not have buffering issues. Nor do I have these issues streaming from other sources and apps on my laptop or tablet.
dickp23
February 13th, 2020
I love My Pluto TV stations. But I cannot stand the democratic liberal ads. That brings down my review a whole bunch of notches.
tp588
February 18th, 2020
Well...I watch just a handful of show and skip around before I get numb out of my mind with the garbage BS left. Bloomberg bull$#*!ter and Prop 13 tax $#*! and texting commercials. Same $#*! over and over and over and I mean repeated right after it plays......constantly. One commercial was about all when I first started and then it's constant now. The same socialist shot down your throat $#*!...condoms, dreamer, texting and over sharing...Jesus. Figures...it's just propaganda from Pelosi $#*!head California. I hope you fall off the $#*!ing map you reptiles...I will never pay for this mind numbing habit.
debbiee117
April 18th, 2020
The new Pluto format is not user friendly.
Not able to find categories easily. While scanning will jump back to main page with current show being shown.
Please change it back to pre iOS format.
Thank you.
lorim301
May 13th, 2019
Not bad TV programming, too many commercials during 1/2 hour shows. OH, by the way get off those ZORRO commercials.............I have to take a break and watch another streaming channel. My wife and I watched a show on Pluto the other day and watched for almost 4 hours and counted 81 times you showed that Zorro commercial, and most were back to back.......and back
keitha189
April 7th, 2020
We have a fast connection - 37mbps, but this still has continued interuptions & crashes, seems to work more reliably when left to load for several minutes, but actually getting it to be stable this long is unusual. Channels aren't bad when you can get the app to work, but good luck with that. The app needs considerable work and should really be removed from the market until a stable version is available.
buckc23
March 18th, 2020
A commercial almost every 3 mins or less.
What a $#*!ing joke.
Not to mention it's same damn commercials over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.. See just like that.
Deleting this bull$#*! app.
T. V. Service might be free but the $#*!s behind the scenes are getting filthy rich driving the common man crazy with continuos ads..
UN $#*!ING REAL...
unsatisfiedv
February 29th, 2020
I use to like Pluto tv. Besides the re run commercials. The content is old there are no up to date shows, I see now that you have to use AIR PLAY if your mirroring your phone to your tv in which you didn't have to use air play before. I will be deleting this app until it's updated.
chantald14
June 20th, 2020
Programs constantly freeze up. By the time they unfreeze you've missed the program content. It is so frustrating and aggravating. Also, most of the channels feature stupid, narcissistic and vulgar characters.
barryr126
March 10th, 2020
These $#*!s need to retun to their jobs of being garbage collectors because you constantly $#*! things up
ellenk100
April 10th, 2020
I used to watch Pluto more than anything on my smart TV, but I am seriously considering a new TV program for free tv. The shows need updated, too many repeat episodes and movies. The Verizon/Frontier commercials are SUPER ANNOYING because they play EVERY commercial break and they are the same singing ones of the house flipper and the quintuplets. I am so tired of these commercials!!!! UPDATE SHOWS, MOVIES AND COMMERCIALS!!!! If these updates are done, this would be a much better way to watch TV.
angelak305
March 26th, 2020
I'm not much of a TV person and only have antenna tv. My daughter thought I might enjoy a bigger selection of channels so she got me a ROKU box. She set it up with Pluto, Roku and Plex. Pluto has one program that I watch. Leverage. I'm stunned that yesterday they were cutting off the end of each episode and starting the next one but they had no problem running ads or just their logo on the screen for 20 seconds. Today they finished season 3 and went to season 1. No idea what happened to seasons 4 and 5. I don't think they know the meaning of "binge watching". Their advertising is the worst I have ever seen. They play way too many "no more truth in advertising" ads from far left PACS. They aren't promoting a candidate, it's just a hatchet job against the president.They even play the same ad twice in one commercial break. I'm not impressed at all and would never recommend them to anyone.

I think it's buffering but I could be wrong. This is my first experience with streaming. It's irritating when it happens.

By Angela K.