Review of WyzAnt

Chicago, IL 60647-5578, US
support@wyzant.com

janete14
5/1/16

The tudor was well knowledge and patient.

davidj195
5/1/16

This my first time having a private tutor it was amazing.

jenniferg115
5/1/16

this app really helped me find a great tutor- and FAST for my son who needed help prepping for test. I'd recommend it to everyone looking for a nice selection of tutors that you can peruse through to see who best fist your needs and wants.

paulr160

Treat tutor

jakem62
4/24/16

I'm a PhD student in mathematics, and I was looking around for a way to make some extra income on the side through tutoring. I was finding hardly any work until I made my WyzAnt profile. Soon I had more clients than I could even see! I've now clocked 200 hours working for WyzAnt which means I now get to keep 75% of my fee. Granted, that means WyzAnt is still taking 25%, and that's a lot of money, don't get me wrong. However, it's entirely worth it, for two reasons: (1) I find so many clients through WyzAnt that I can fill my schedule and (2) I save tons of time - I waste no time advertising myself and billing clients; WyzAnt does all that for me. Put it this way: if it wasn't worth it, I'd have stopped long ago.

rhondar16
4/16/16

I've been a tutor for several years, for both companies and independently. Wyzant has been a great tool for me to find clients, which I get to screen and make sure we are a good fit. At first, the site takes a high percent of your earnings, but it doesn't take long to get the better rate if you're working steadily as a tutor. I even was able to add in my existing clients and still get 95% of my rate. Totally worth it to let my clients do auto pay with credit cards instead of me taking time every month creating invoices and constantly asking them when they'll have my check ready. Plus, Wyzant can provide background checks, which adds legitimacy and trust with new clients. They even provide tax forms for you. The online scheduler is great and easy to use. This site has tripled my tutoring income. I rated the site a 4 instead of 5 for the high percent they take at the beginning stages, but I have had only positive experiences with the site for the past 2 years.

cassandras11
4/12/16

Wyzant can give you plenty of options to work with for tutors. Although some of the tutors aren't fully truthful about what they know making to process frustrating.

Also it seems that the site's communication board has good days and bad days.

tereiak
4/7/16

Finding WyzAnt has been one of the best things I found on the internet. It has provided me with exactly what I've been looking to obtain.

janeg42
4/7/16

We found an amazing tutor through WyzAnt. Heather LeBeau worked with our daughter and gave her some good tips to use for the exam. We hope that she will improve her score on the next test. Heather met with Lauren at a local library, was prompt and well prepared. I would recommend this site, especially Heather to anyone!!

annies50
4/5/16

Tutors are accessible and respond fast. The site is user friendly. I am impressed that my phone calls are always answered promptly. I highly recommend WyzAnt to everyone who needs professional academical help. It's been a wonderful experience. Thank you, WyzAnt.

melissao16
4/4/16

Fatimma ha been helping my son with math and she's great! Very patient and sweet. My son feels that he's learning from her.

alexanderb62
4/4/16

He was excellent and knew the information. I will be using him again!

emilyw56
4/4/16

Damion has been very patient and explained some concepts of statistics in a way I can understand the processes. He's been respectful of my time and very willing to help in any way he can and will research the answers he might not know. He also seeks to understand the processes we use (data systems) so he can help me to understand.

sanaad
4/2/16

Very good!

zackf13
4/2/16

great tutor

jeffp50
4/1/16

I needed a tutor for work in Photo Shop, and I found an excellent one!

olgaj5
4/1/16

I so needed a refresher on my math, being out of school for 20yrs. Rudy was patient with me and helped me relearn the basics for my ultrasound physics course. thanks again

lynneg9
4/1/16

My experience with WyzAnt was excellent. I spoke to two different telephone information people and both were very knowledgeable and nice. I selected my tutor and she was everything I could wish for - a nice person and a good teacher.
I would recommend this service to anyone looking for a responsible person to study with.

jamesk144
4/1/16

Great way to find the help you need. Provides many secure people who would help ! Definetly helped me a lot !
Thanks

terris30
4/1/16

First time looking for a tutor online; great website, easy to navigate, convenient for payments. Will use again in the future.

tumh
4/1/16

Mary Wanzer was FABULOUS. Knew her subject inside out and backwards and was a HUGE HELP in helping me secure my new job! Highly recommended!

karenj73
4/1/16

This is a great site to find an experienced tutor. There are many options to choose from including online and face to face meetings. I will continue to use this site as my daughter moves on toward college.

tiffanyg33
4/1/16

Very easy to navigate the site. Really fast response from tutors.

lindal179
4/1/16

Ivan helped me unravel some of the mysteries of LR.
Very helpful!

naajiaa
4/1/16

My tutor was very patient and halpful

77 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Based upon observations, you have to be invited after you have reached a "stable" level. I don't know if this is based 1) total number of students 2) total number of concurrent students 3) their finding out that I tutored online using other than WyzAnt tools 4) total number of hours 5) length w/WyzAnt At the time I was invited I had 1) 20 total students 2) 6 repeating students 3) used skype to tutor online local WyzAnt student 4) 100+ hours 5) more than 1 year

By Barbara W.

My experience has been they will drop you rather than address a problem. Think about what they do, make money off someones work and talent. Easier to avoid the problem completely!!

By Don P.

Hi. I followed up with Wyzant a number of times. They refused to let me speak to a supervisor and told me that there was nothing they could say about WHY they shut down my profile. I've never encountered such an unhelpful company (except for Comcast)...

By Pam P.

Yes, potential clients of mine said Wyzant hounded them over and over to give billing info. Wyzant apparently thinks it's our job to police them and be sure they do that. All we can do as tutors is echo that we cannot meet them until they do that, however some are hesitant. Not my problem anymore. Wyzant sucks.

By Pam P.

Private tutors would all be better off if Wyzant did not exist. Profit margins are thin and nobody wants somebody skimming 30 % (that is best case scenario: 20% from tutor and 10% from student. Early on the rate is 50%). But Wyzant hires a massive team of graphic designers, programmers and data experts to dominate the internet. So anybody who wants to be a local tutor absolutely must use them to survive. Wyzant provides a service to the consumer, but expects the business to pay most of the cost.

By Nancy S.

Yes, we do! WyzAnt has tutors and teachers qualified in Computer Science as well as a host of specific computer languages such as C++, Ruby, and Javascript.

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Hi Susan, you can personally remove payment information at any time through our dashboard, as long as no lessons charges are pending!

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Hi Jude, tutors on WyzAnt set their own hourly rate, which makes for a wide range of prices. We find most fall within the $30-60 per hour range. Some higher level subjects (eg programming) might be a little higher. It's certainly possible to work within any budget you might have.

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Anna, I am a tutor with WyzAnt. While I don't advertise that I negotiate my fee, if the student has a legitimate reason for a discount, I sometimes agree or compromise. Each individual tutor is different. Therefore, you can ask. I cannot guarantee what the answer will be. -Michelle

By Michelle S.

Questions? Get answers from the WyzAnt staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WyzAnt