Review of WyzAnt

Chicago, IL 60647-5578, US
support@wyzant.com

michaelb329
4/1/16

We quickly found a very accomplished tutor that ended up being a very good fit for my son. The entire WyzAnt experience has been very positive.

helenb65
4/1/16

Happy with my experience. Stephen was patient and knowledgeable. Me, being an older lady I needed patience. This is a very good web site. Thanks.

biranet

Pleasant

konstantinak
4/1/16

WyzAnt is easy to use and highly effective!

debm25
4/1/16

I found the website easy to navigate, easy to find a tutor I needed, and easy to pay.

ellent12
4/1/16

Excellent teaching skills, listening skills and we really felt she was interested in our needs.

azzaa
4/1/16

I was worried and didn't know how to hire a good tutor. WyzAnt made it easy with the reviews and hours of experience that each tutor's profile included.

matthewf26
4/1/16

She was wonderful, patient, and explained problem well. She recognized where I was having trouble and talked me through it. It has been 14 years since I took my last Math class.

carols132
4/1/16

Christiana was very knowledgeable, patient and empathic with my daughter in terms of helping her with math and her special needs. I would recommend her to anyone!

edmondl14

it was ok.

chrystelel
3/31/16

I needed a tutor quickly (within hours) for an assignment. The website does not allow to see what tutors are online so i spent a long time to find someone.

robertw241
3/31/16

Helped my daughter catch up in chemistry class in one visit

benjaminm43
3/31/16

Most of the tutors are not available. When I do find a tutor, after the first session WyzAnt removed her from the site.

sylviab18
3/20/16

The first one had (1) good experience then she cancelled minutes before the following session!!

The 2nd tutor we tried ended the first session after 15 min and said there was no charge. Horrible experience!!!

Response from Carol E., WyzAnt Representative
Hi Sylvia, thank you making us aware of your experience. We pride ourselves on helping students find the tutor that works best with their personal goals. That's why we'll be happy to help with your search, or assist you in any other way we can.

- Dave
johnb563
3/17/16

Will was able to make the mechanisms and reactions very easy to understand and remember. Helped greatly with homework and for last minute studying! Definitely recommend!!!

rumanaj
3/13/16

Brian was awesome for biology tutoring

karenc126
3/13/16

I needed to find a math tutor for my daughter. Wyzant helped me locate a local tutor that had already been background checked and rated by other parents and students.

khoys
3/13/16

I had a huge assignment and like the average student I waited until the last minute. I had great help from a tutor who not only only took the time to explain but cared about the grade j received from the instructor. What a great experience.

edithc19
3/13/16

In the last 3 years I have hired three different tutors from Wyzant. All three focused on different subject areas and all were very knowledgeable. They all worked well with my son to help him understand and improve his grades. I would highly recommend using Wyzant to find a tutor for your child. I recommend reading about the tutors qualifications, purchasing the background check and meeting the tutors in a public place or somewhere you can monitor.

samk78
3/13/16

i was struggling then I did well on my test.

blainef10
3/13/16

Amazing resource When you need additional help with a subject a competent person is readily available I was a bit hesitant not knowing anyone who has used your service Presently surprised Was able to find an algebra 2 teacher to tutor me!!!! Amazing knowledge and amazing service I highly recommend

jills52
3/13/16

Shannon is way more than I expected for a tutor. My daughter and Shannon mesh well. She provides exceptional service. Will use her as long as necessary!

christinay6
3/13/16

Very helpful and resourceful.

victorl39
3/13/16

My tutor is helping me learn at my pace. The class material is saved for my tutoring session and reviews it with me and answers all my questions. I am really enjoying this. Thanks Melvin.

susano34
3/13/16

I have found WyzAnt to be very convenient and have always had very helpful tutors. My kids always are pleased with tutors.

77 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Based upon observations, you have to be invited after you have reached a "stable" level. I don't know if this is based 1) total number of students 2) total number of concurrent students 3) their finding out that I tutored online using other than WyzAnt tools 4) total number of hours 5) length w/WyzAnt At the time I was invited I had 1) 20 total students 2) 6 repeating students 3) used skype to tutor online local WyzAnt student 4) 100+ hours 5) more than 1 year

By Barbara W.

My experience has been they will drop you rather than address a problem. Think about what they do, make money off someones work and talent. Easier to avoid the problem completely!!

By Don P.

Hi. I followed up with Wyzant a number of times. They refused to let me speak to a supervisor and told me that there was nothing they could say about WHY they shut down my profile. I've never encountered such an unhelpful company (except for Comcast)...

By Pam P.

Yes, potential clients of mine said Wyzant hounded them over and over to give billing info. Wyzant apparently thinks it's our job to police them and be sure they do that. All we can do as tutors is echo that we cannot meet them until they do that, however some are hesitant. Not my problem anymore. Wyzant sucks.

By Pam P.

Private tutors would all be better off if Wyzant did not exist. Profit margins are thin and nobody wants somebody skimming 30 % (that is best case scenario: 20% from tutor and 10% from student. Early on the rate is 50%). But Wyzant hires a massive team of graphic designers, programmers and data experts to dominate the internet. So anybody who wants to be a local tutor absolutely must use them to survive. Wyzant provides a service to the consumer, but expects the business to pay most of the cost.

By Nancy S.

Yes, we do! WyzAnt has tutors and teachers qualified in Computer Science as well as a host of specific computer languages such as C++, Ruby, and Javascript.

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Hi Susan, you can personally remove payment information at any time through our dashboard, as long as no lessons charges are pending!

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Hi Jude, tutors on WyzAnt set their own hourly rate, which makes for a wide range of prices. We find most fall within the $30-60 per hour range. Some higher level subjects (eg programming) might be a little higher. It's certainly possible to work within any budget you might have.

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Anna, I am a tutor with WyzAnt. While I don't advertise that I negotiate my fee, if the student has a legitimate reason for a discount, I sometimes agree or compromise. Each individual tutor is different. Therefore, you can ask. I cannot guarantee what the answer will be. -Michelle

By Michelle S.

Questions? Get answers from the WyzAnt staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WyzAnt