Review of Chegg

Santa Clara, CA 95054
legaldept@chegg.com

pavlaf1
7/17/19

I've used chegg a few times for homework help and the quality was okay. Not really worth the trouble but sometimes you find good content.

stephaniec548
7/16/19

An answer to a question about my historical research on the family was totally wrong. A student who used their answer would flunk the course.

frankier26
6/20/19

My books were due but I wasnt finished using them until the last day of my due date. So I sent them after. Chegg charged me 2xs the amount the books were worth brand new from the book store on campus! I called the customer service and told them I had already sent the books out and they told me I'll get a refund when they actually get my books. Which can literally be any where from tomorrow to next week. So I'm out $400 until whenever they get the books. Then the customer service woman said if I didnt like it she could just disconnect the call. Excuse me?? Do not use chegg they are a scam!

minjings
6/13/19

We did our very first textbook rental and this will be our last time to rent or buy from Chegg.com

On website and shipping slip, stated it would come with online access code(VISTAS 5E SE+SSPLUS VTXT), but no code upon receiving the book, so it made the rental useless, called the customer service, I was told online access code was not guarantee regardless what description on its website and shipping slip, really misleading, almost like scam, return the book right way, hopefully we can get full refund, never deal with Chegg.com again, absolutely not recommended, do not waste your time, go somewhere else even Chegg has a better price, because Chegg better price is worse than nothing

Chegg, is not a smarter way to student, it is deceptive way to student

jhoannaj
5/9/19

I purchased a book and got signed up for some service I did not need or authorized and I have been charge for over two years $16+ dollars. Do not buy from this company. Books are the same price as other companies and they do not sign you up for services you do not need or want.
Horrible company

shivamm4
4/5/19

It is all about Subject Matter Expert Coordinators. They are greedy and don't perform their duty honestly and correctly.Coordinators at Chegg never reply to Experts's question either in official Whatsapp group or via mail. The coordinators at Chegg are making students' and experts' experiences worst and it will cause loss directly to whole chegg community.One of the worst example of coordinators lazyness is they review expert answers and score it 0 without reading what is being asked in question. Experts need to remind them to read whole question and then score correctly.Chegg websites also fail sometimes to meet user expectation. After solving student question for 1.5 hours, at the time of submit the site respond that you have skip this question even when the question is never skipped and answer clock is ticking.

gg125
3/30/19

When you think you finally found an answer, guess what, NO because its chegg and you need to pay for information. Like students don't have enough problems as it is. Thanks for nothing.

jasmineleighp
3/6/19

I used chegg consistently for 2 years. I had a few minor problems here & there, my account being locked, numerous unanswered questions, lack of communication between me & Chegg representatives. I canceled my subscription upon graduation in December 2017. In balancing my checkbook, I realize that Chegg had been withdrawing money from my debit account for an additional 14 months. I called and begged for a refund as my account had not been used for 14 months. The Chegg representative verified that my account had not been in use. She still refused to issue me a full refund. I have experienced a $210 loss behind Chegg. I spoke with Supervisors at Chegg & they actually asked me to provide a recorded conversation of me canceling my subscription. Who has a recorded line on their personal phone? I did not know I needed a recorded line on my personal phone to be able to fight off FRAUDULENT behavior. I simply asked her, "when I call why do the representatives tell me that I will be on a recorded line if there's no recorded line?" She gave me no response. I will be going to grad school for Mathematics come August 2019. I WILL NOT BE USING CHEGG. ANY OF MY COLLEAGUES USING CHEGG I WILL ENCOURAGE THEM TO CANCEL THEIR SUBSCRIPTION IMMEDIATELY BECAUSE IT COULD TURN FRAUDULENT. FIND ANOTHER PROGRAM.

peterc403
1/31/19

I used their tutoring service and it worked out pretty well for me. I needed some math help and the tutor explained me everything and I was able to complete the task myself.

ram5
1/31/19

I was a tutor with InstaEdu for years before Chegg bought them out. In August 2018, I wanted to add a new subject to my list. However, I was already maxed out at 40 subjects. I tried multiple methods to remove some subjects myself, before I finally decided to contact Chegg about the issue in September.

Now, 4 emails and 1 phone call later, they have done absolutely nothing to resolve the issue, instead responding to every single one of my correspondences with a slightly different paraphrasing of "We're sorry about the issue and your frustration. We have no timeline to fix it. Our team is aware. Let us know if you have any further questions."

To anyone thinking of tutoring online through Chegg, please reconsider and take your valuable brains elsewhere. To those considering receiving tutoring through Chegg, please be aware that the tutors are treated horrendously.

mariaz49
1/11/19

I paid for my daughter's books over a year ago. This year she paid for her books herself and didn't send them back in time so they charged her. When she didn't have enough money in her account they charged my card from over a year ago. I never gave permission for this and my card number that they had on file for me has since expired but they found a way to use it anyway. When I called them they explained that they NEVER take a card number off of an account. They will deactivate my card but if this happens to my daughter next year guess what THEY WILL DO IT AGAIN. My only option is to call my bank and cancel the card all together. What a complete illegal racket.

ashleyl188
10/1/18

I ordered a textbook from Chegg and they sent me an empty package. Then, they sent me a textbook on CD which was not what I ordered. When I called to resolve the issues, they told me that I ordered the wrong thing and that they didn't make a mistake, which was not true. I asked for a refund and customer service said they'd send me a pre-paid shipping label. It was never sent. I followed up and received nothing but attitude from the customer service agent telling me I was outside the 21 day policy because of their mistake. He said I could still get a refund (thankfully!) but that I had to pay for shipping and tracking - ridiculous. He also said Chegg did not make a mistake (true, they made THREE). I am furious and will file this as fraud if I do not receive my refund back. Horrible, horrible customer service. I will NEVER buy another book from Chegg again. AVOID!!!

kristenh74
8/30/18

My husband died last year. He had a Chegg subscription I didn't know about. I confess I should have investigated sooner, but subscription companies have a corresponding responsibility to stop a subscription when there has been no activity on an account for a period of time. His last semester ended May 2017. I checked my husband's email and there was no notice of any reoccurring charges. I finally got a rep from the company. They refunded the last 3 months but couldn't do anything for the other year we were charged where there was literally no account activity. They owe me $180 + interest. $#*! Chegg.

denised177
8/23/18

I rented a book from Chegg and forgot to return it on time and was charged an extension fee and a $70 replacement fee. I was told that because I did not contact Chegg before 7 days of billing I would not receive a refund of my replacement costs.!. Credit cards do not post in 7 days in order to realize I was billed! They said they would buy my book for $28!!! What a joke! Word of advice when renting text books, Amazon gives their customers the courtesy of refunding full replacement costs!!!! Id never use Chegg again!!!!!

js460
8/7/18

I have rented books through Chegg when I started my undergraduate degree and it was a good experience. However, now the solutions part of the website has turned into a cheat fest. I would be able to get copies of all of my graduate assignments if I wanted to. Copy and paste a question from on online test and you will likely find the answer on here. It's kind of crazy, and I think it's definitely being misused.

belindam46
7/12/18

I have never had an issue with buying or selling back to Chegg. I will continue using their services.

jenh79
7/2/18

I just purchased to be a member for Chegg
complete WASTE OF MONEY!!
I sent in my questions for my test, every single one of them were wrong. I failed my test!
I am canceling my member
They don't even deserve one star

kayk53
6/2/18

this is my first review ever.
I urgently needed an answer to a set of uni questions, a search on google brings up Chegg who claims they have the solutions, I should sign up to access. with hesitation but needing the answers I signed hopefully. all the answers to the questions were totally wrong, substandard is too much of a respectful word to use. out of 4 questions none was answered even with a junior high school's intelligence.
I don't know about their other services but I feel so scammed!!!!!!!!!!!!

mattw171
5/22/18

One star because I cannot give zero.

Rented a book for a year for my daughter's AP class, at the end instead of having a reasonable buy out they charged an extraordinary amount. Do yourself a favor and buy from Amazon and then sell the book to the next class. I spent 200% more than I should have by using this service. Just terrible.

apples5
4/4/18

I rented a book in September 2017 sent it back in December before the due date they charged me a late fee. I called costumer service a teller said it was their mistake I received a refund of 12.00 . In February 2018 the charged me 192.00 I cancelled my bank card i never received a refund. It's April they chegg once again charged me 192.00 I don't know how they received my new debit card number. I'm going to have to deal with this once again.

xavierc22
3/27/18

By January I sent my book to this company knowing by email confirmation I would receive my check in the mail 15 days later. It turned out I nearly waited almost two-and-a-half months later; their excuse my book was, "suspected" that it may have "been a fraudulent copy." If I had not contacted them by email in complaint about their delay, I would not have known about the fraudulent copy reply. Why wait to email me a notice about something that could've been serious AFTER I contacted? I JUST received my check in the mail today - 3/27/2018. I don't want to sound like a whining brat, but Chegg has to do better to inform your customers on the issues at hand! You can lose customers, and frankly you just lost one - me!

cm248
3/21/18

I failed the test, would have done better different resource - don't waste your money...I went back and forth and regret spending the money. Total waste

iamsupermanm
3/13/18

In my first month of purchase I searched 15 questions whose answers were exact copy of the solution manual. Chegg dont save your money. You have to save your money from chegg. Scam.

andya61
1/19/18

I was always hearing about this website during my time in college, didn't actually attempt to use it until now. It seemed too good to be true that my required books could be that cheap, truth is it probably is. At first my order had like $20 of shipping added onto it, when I saw they had a promo code for free shipping. I cancelled my order so I could try to get free shipping, and it took 3 full days for the initial charge to be refunded. It wasn't even the actual order charge, it was like a preliminary test charge, which most places would only do like a $1 if such a test was necessary. When I was trying to redo my order after getting the money refunded, it kept saying it was declined, like I didn't have enough money in my account, except I did. I guess that was a stroke of luck though because that's when I started searching and found all the negative reviews. I'd consider myself lucky for not getting far enough into it to lose a significant amount of money, as I surely would have. Besides, I found all my required textbooks on Amazon for $30 cheaper in total than Cheggs, so no it's not actually the best resource for affordable textbooks either.

laurenm128
1/19/18

I mailed them books to sell back in December. I knew it would take up 10 business days to get the money I would receive back. After a week and a half passed from 10th business day I reached out to the company. I was told that "there's holiday's in between so you have to count those, it should be there tomorrow". Well duh, I did count the holidays but okay whatever, I can wait one more day. Well three days pass and still no check in my mailbox. I sent an email and got no response. I call the next day and they tell me "oh, there's a note in the system that says there's a delay in getting the check out to you. It should go out tomorrow and you'll get the check in 10 business days." At this point I am furious. No one thought to send me an email updating me on what's been going on? It's been almost a month and half and I have no money...they got their products but I have nothing to show for it. This is a horrible way to do business. I will never be selling any more books to the company. Luckily, my life did not depend on this check otherwise I would've been dead.

I have the same question. I am looking for psychology tutors.

By Hate C.

the tutors especially foreign tutors(Indian) total scam, lack qualifications, lie about degrees cannot answer subjects especially science, computer science programming, math form academic, most are just cod academy posing with fake degrees, chegg does not check qualifications and many easy to catch , they copy web based answers right or wrong when they cannot waste time try to charge for extra hrs to do something expert can do in minutes, if takes you 3 hrs to explain fibonacci series or combinatorial then you are not an expert nor do you have degree/ever took course

By von w.

I have never used ecampus book rental service, so I cannot answer this question. I have used Chegg multiples times and only had 1 problem which Chegg resolved.

By Cheryl C.

The books I have used did not?

By Cheryl C.

No. You simply log n a print a label and packing slip.

By Cheryl C.

Questions? Get answers from the Chegg staff and other customers.

2 Photos for Chegg