Review of WyzAnt

Chicago, IL 60647-5578, US
support@wyzant.com

victorl39
3/13/16

My tutor is helping me learn at my pace. The class material is saved for my tutoring session and reviews it with me and answers all my questions. I am really enjoying this. Thanks Melvin.

susano34
3/13/16

I have found WyzAnt to be very convenient and have always had very helpful tutors. My kids always are pleased with tutors.

brittneyj13
3/13/16

The tutor that I had was able to talk to me about concepts. When it came down to the organic problems in the chapter, she was unable to answer those questions and said she would get back to me. I am now going to contact my teacher for any questions that I have and no longer waist my money on a tutor who doesn't know the material well enough to tutor someone

karlj17
2/29/16

Found outstanding local math tutor fast.

lesliea15
2/27/16

Marsha is an excellent teacher for our 3rd grader. She is patient, knowledgeable and inspiring. I'm glad she was available when we made the decision to get a tutor.

joshc56
2/26/16

Grayson was very knowledgeable with Excell and that exactly what I needed. We were able to work through all my work and double check anwsers and formulas for errors. Will definitely hire him again.

lisao34
2/25/16

What more can I say I got an A on my assignment.

maryh183
2/25/16

After being out of the business world for 15 years raising family and taking care of older parents, I was shocked to find out how much technology grew. I knew I needed a tutor. Les is my tutor and he is so patient and kind. I signed up through another tutor company and was never contacted. With WyzAnt I received many tutor requests. I am very happy and satisfied.

alexanderf25
2/25/16

Very thorough. Very nice to listen to. Very patient.

lenes1
2/25/16

We are very satisfied with Liesel! My son feels so much better about Geometry since only meeting with Liesel two times! He has a much better understanding of the material & can understand her teaching much better that what he is taught at school! Thank you Liesel!

moniquer14
2/25/16

My tutor was professional, helpful and helped me improve my score greatly!

carolynj16
2/25/16

A pleasant experience with a very patient teacher.

elised6
2/25/16

My daughters Algebra 2 tutor has been fantastic. I'm very happy with her progress. Great selection of tutors to choose from.

kathyr56
2/25/16

We couldn't have been happier with the tutor we found through Wyzant. Reading reviews from past students was very helpful
In choosing the right fit.

kimberlyj37
2/22/16

So far my experience using WyzAnt has been wonderful. It has made scheduling and paying for my daughters Violin Lessons smooth and easy.

marciam17
2/22/16

Our tutor Alex seemed to be what the doctor ordered. He is everything anybody should be looking for in a tutor. Punctual, accommodating to your schedule, and happy to answer questions off the clock if necessary. Very satisfied.

emilyh50
2/21/16

Learns a lot and had fun

hayaa3
2/21/16

I have learn with Belcha first time to exolain statistics that i could understand before. After that i really get benefits from touturing.

jamied46
2/21/16

My tutor provided very knowledgable information which resulted in a 97 for my college US govt class

ericp50
2/21/16

found tutor within 30 minutes. had first session in a few days later... scheduled some more immediately afterward.... chat feature on App is awesome!

petep31
2/21/16

Alex Jordan has been superb in getting me back to where I used to be before I became ill. He is patient and very well versed in his field. He is an excellent teacher.

louised29
2/21/16

I was able to get my grandson tutored so he could understand and proceed with calculus. It was a very positive outcome and we will continue to use your services from time to time.

tonyam13
2/21/16

I needed a tutor to help my daughter get a science paper done and I was very pleased with the results

kimberlyc46
2/21/16

I was very pleased with the service that my son received. The tutor was very knowledgeable in the subject . Great Job.

juliah48
2/21/16

Got a math tutor for my daughter. She was so helpful. She really went the extra mile.
Thanks.

77 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Based upon observations, you have to be invited after you have reached a "stable" level. I don't know if this is based 1) total number of students 2) total number of concurrent students 3) their finding out that I tutored online using other than WyzAnt tools 4) total number of hours 5) length w/WyzAnt At the time I was invited I had 1) 20 total students 2) 6 repeating students 3) used skype to tutor online local WyzAnt student 4) 100+ hours 5) more than 1 year

By Barbara W.

My experience has been they will drop you rather than address a problem. Think about what they do, make money off someones work and talent. Easier to avoid the problem completely!!

By Don P.

Hi. I followed up with Wyzant a number of times. They refused to let me speak to a supervisor and told me that there was nothing they could say about WHY they shut down my profile. I've never encountered such an unhelpful company (except for Comcast)...

By Pam P.

Yes, potential clients of mine said Wyzant hounded them over and over to give billing info. Wyzant apparently thinks it's our job to police them and be sure they do that. All we can do as tutors is echo that we cannot meet them until they do that, however some are hesitant. Not my problem anymore. Wyzant sucks.

By Pam P.

Private tutors would all be better off if Wyzant did not exist. Profit margins are thin and nobody wants somebody skimming 30 % (that is best case scenario: 20% from tutor and 10% from student. Early on the rate is 50%). But Wyzant hires a massive team of graphic designers, programmers and data experts to dominate the internet. So anybody who wants to be a local tutor absolutely must use them to survive. Wyzant provides a service to the consumer, but expects the business to pay most of the cost.

By Nancy S.

Yes, we do! WyzAnt has tutors and teachers qualified in Computer Science as well as a host of specific computer languages such as C++, Ruby, and Javascript.

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Hi Susan, you can personally remove payment information at any time through our dashboard, as long as no lessons charges are pending!

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Hi Jude, tutors on WyzAnt set their own hourly rate, which makes for a wide range of prices. We find most fall within the $30-60 per hour range. Some higher level subjects (eg programming) might be a little higher. It's certainly possible to work within any budget you might have.

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Anna, I am a tutor with WyzAnt. While I don't advertise that I negotiate my fee, if the student has a legitimate reason for a discount, I sometimes agree or compromise. Each individual tutor is different. Therefore, you can ask. I cannot guarantee what the answer will be. -Michelle

By Michelle S.

Questions? Get answers from the WyzAnt staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WyzAnt