Review of WyzAnt

Chicago, IL 60647-5578, US
support@wyzant.com

julier50
2/21/16

I was very nervous to try Wyzant because who wants to invite some stranger and potential psycho into your home to tutor your child. But, we met our tutor and she is great and the site is actually really easy to use and you pay online so you don't need to remember to write a check when they come. The only problem I had is that I clicked not to receive inquiries from other tutors, but I got probably 30 people writing me. I would read the tips on the site before picking a tutor to ensure you don't give out too much personal info and make sure you have an adult present at all times. But, our tutor has really helped and is flexible and the site is easy to use so I'm glad I did it.

maryb262
2/21/16

We were very happy with Nicole. She was extremely helpful and my daughter was comfortable with her. We would use WyZant again. The service is a wonderful resource. Thank you!

ashtonp2
2/21/16

Quick responses led us to the perfect tutor for our son for Senior Anatomy - he's already turned his grades from F to A!

stephaniek54
2/21/16

It was super easy to find any kind of tutor!

bobk62

Bill is great as al ayd

ibrahima102
2/9/16

I had my tests on the way and needed some tutoring. I came here looking for a tutor that would benefit me. This app is truly trustworthy, I guarantee you that you will find an excellent tutor. It is not like the other scamming apps. There are many positive reviews to back this up. Enjoy!!

lucillet5
2/9/16

Your staff is very helpful and James is an excellent tutor.

roxannec4
2/9/16

My experience was fine. Please don't bug me.

alisonk9
2/6/16

It was so easy to find a great tutor!

tracyo14
2/6/16

I have used WyzAnt to find a tutor my daughter in math when we lived in Virginia and was very pleased. We moved recently to Ohio and I used WyzAnt again to find a math and physics tutuor for my daughter,again with great results

salc12
2/5/16

I have always needed a little push in the right direction and I have found that typee of help here at WyzAnt! Whenever I get stuck with a project I come here to figure out what it isd that I need to do to give me more insight to the project at hand and always find someone to help me get in the right direction when I get stuck! Best service!

angelah59

Easy, Safe, Excellent Options

alland16
2/5/16

Easy process. Great tutoring experience.

harveyz
1/30/16

WyzAnt is an innovative platform. The customer service, payment verification and processing, and scheduling system is a great value for people who want to tutor for some extra income, extra experience, or to develop skill in teaching and working with students.

The pay percentage system is designed to encourage investment in the platform. However, if you already have students and want to use the features of the system to simplify your work, WyzAnt currently has a way where you can retain most of your earnings. The screening, validation, and scheduling is the most valuable aspect of WyzAnt for me.

Tip for consumers: Learn the platform and help newer students understand how to properly share documents and schedule lessons.

kimb857
1/19/16

Our son used a WyzAnt tutor in La Jolla one time for a Logic final and got an 89% on the final in a class which had been difficult for him.

joeyr14
1/17/16

WyzAnt is easy to use, super convenient. I am very happy with my experience. I am also very happy with the tutor, he is helping my son a lot!

vanceh10

Hello,
I have had some great students while tutoring thru WyzAnt. Sadly, I was discontinued because of some kind of policy infraction that I was unaware of and remain unaware. They need clarification w/ some of their practices re: tutoring rules. I have excellent reviews for college and secondary school. WyzAnt remains a good place to find a tutor if you need one but be aware of their corporate structure if you want to be a tutor.
Sincerely,
Dr. Vance High

jomariew
1/17/16

Found a fabulous tutor and my son has learned more in two sessions than he has in months.

marilynw13
1/17/16

Once we got a tutor, it was a great experience. Only drawback was finding one. We were going to go with a tutor who listed area and would travel short distance. Then, upon contact, she only wanted to do it through the internet. Might not have actually been in the area. I must say, though, that WyzAnt protected us through the process. Overall, it was a very good experience and the tutoring was great.

alexo24

Satisfied customer.

taylorf18
1/1/16

I've used this service a couple times myself. Admittedly, I was nervous paying for a service like this but I needed the help really bad. I was impressed by not only the effectiveness but the ease of using this service as well.

kevind66
12/30/15

Everything is great expect the prices for tutors are increasing quite quickly and I am disabled, bring in a very low amount from the government.

garvina
12/21/15

I was very satisfied with the overall experience.
Demonstrated how little I know about what I'm trying to do.
Thanks to Alan and WyzAnt.

tracyv9
12/20/15

Tutoring was a good experience. Easy to set up through Wyzant

gretchenh6
12/5/15

WyzAnt has been a great network to let folks know I am available to help them with their computer needs. I have meet some wonderful folks who needed someone to tutor them.

77 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Based upon observations, you have to be invited after you have reached a "stable" level. I don't know if this is based 1) total number of students 2) total number of concurrent students 3) their finding out that I tutored online using other than WyzAnt tools 4) total number of hours 5) length w/WyzAnt At the time I was invited I had 1) 20 total students 2) 6 repeating students 3) used skype to tutor online local WyzAnt student 4) 100+ hours 5) more than 1 year

By Barbara W.

My experience has been they will drop you rather than address a problem. Think about what they do, make money off someones work and talent. Easier to avoid the problem completely!!

By Don P.

Hi. I followed up with Wyzant a number of times. They refused to let me speak to a supervisor and told me that there was nothing they could say about WHY they shut down my profile. I've never encountered such an unhelpful company (except for Comcast)...

By Pam P.

Yes, potential clients of mine said Wyzant hounded them over and over to give billing info. Wyzant apparently thinks it's our job to police them and be sure they do that. All we can do as tutors is echo that we cannot meet them until they do that, however some are hesitant. Not my problem anymore. Wyzant sucks.

By Pam P.

Private tutors would all be better off if Wyzant did not exist. Profit margins are thin and nobody wants somebody skimming 30 % (that is best case scenario: 20% from tutor and 10% from student. Early on the rate is 50%). But Wyzant hires a massive team of graphic designers, programmers and data experts to dominate the internet. So anybody who wants to be a local tutor absolutely must use them to survive. Wyzant provides a service to the consumer, but expects the business to pay most of the cost.

By Nancy S.

Yes, we do! WyzAnt has tutors and teachers qualified in Computer Science as well as a host of specific computer languages such as C++, Ruby, and Javascript.

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Hi Susan, you can personally remove payment information at any time through our dashboard, as long as no lessons charges are pending!

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Hi Jude, tutors on WyzAnt set their own hourly rate, which makes for a wide range of prices. We find most fall within the $30-60 per hour range. Some higher level subjects (eg programming) might be a little higher. It's certainly possible to work within any budget you might have.

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Anna, I am a tutor with WyzAnt. While I don't advertise that I negotiate my fee, if the student has a legitimate reason for a discount, I sometimes agree or compromise. Each individual tutor is different. Therefore, you can ask. I cannot guarantee what the answer will be. -Michelle

By Michelle S.

Questions? Get answers from the WyzAnt staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WyzAnt