Review of WyzAnt

7/11/16

Tutor is great.

haiyanw
7/9/16

My tutor pushed me to do the rating and write comments frequently on the WyzAnt, otherwise he would not get money from WyzAnt. That puts lot of stress and requirements on both the tutor and parent. As a busy parents, we hardly have time to check the email and write comments every time. That's too much.

stacyb74
7/9/16

We found an amazing tutor and scheduling and payments are all done through WyzAnt which makes it all really easy.

rickys20

More than I expected

nazt3
7/9/16

From the first call to the last communication via email, the customer care was always there to answer my question, walk me thru solving the problem, and the last but not least they were very patient and took the time to come with the best solution possible, THANK YOU.

bobj112
7/8/16

Have used Wyzant several times. Great tutors every time!

stellal17
7/5/16

The website provided me enough information to find a great tutor. He was responsive to my notes, encouraging and helpful to my son and in a very short time he had the confidence (and skill) to do great on his Algebra II Trig Regents exams. We are very satisfied.

lorenel1
7/4/16

Wyzant offers a multitude of tutors to choose from. The tutor I selected was Esparenza who is a teacher at a local school. She is excellent and very patient.

Wonderful to have a service where you can connect with a teacher face to face, instead of an on-line service. So glad I found WyzAnt to connect me to a good teacher, and one I can meet with when it suits me. Well done for setting this up!

mabelm20
7/2/16

Great experience always and highly satisfied with Wyzant's tutors

lindah191
7/2/16

A great way to find tutoring help from community resources with a convenient, easy-to-use online search, communication and invoicing tool. Perfect!.

conniej23
7/1/16

Wonderful teachers thank goodness I found Wyzant they are very professional.

sharonm138
7/1/16

My experience with Wyzant was very outstanding. My tutor was very knowledgeable and the knowledge he shared with me ,help was immensely . He made sure i understood the principles of the subject and how to solve the statistics problems that I had to learn. I would recommend your service because it has help me a considerably in being successful in this course. My tutor was Joshua B and he was an excellent tutor. I would recommend him to anyone who is seeking help in any math course.

owenm38
7/1/16

I was most satisfied with Mr. Chen's teaching ability.

sallys57
5/19/16

Tutor was nice but not worth the money. On top of that they double charged me. I called and they said they would fix error instead they sent me to collections!!! Hit my credit score for being placed on there. I didnt want to fight them anymore so I just paid the collections. Then Wyzant tutored me on something else..Did you know you credit will get hit again for paying it!!! Totally true. Way to stick it to students!!!!

Response from Carol E., WyzAnt Representative
Hi Sally,

We're sorry that there was a miscommunication regarding your lesson. Our goal is to make sure students find the best instructor to work with, that's why we'd really like to address this and help you accomplish what you set out to learn. We're happy to help!
susanp106
5/12/16

I'm writing a dissertation and needed help deciding on a research design. Ali met with me the same day I contacted him, asked appropriate questions to understand my proposal, and provided timely feedback and follow up. I couldn't have asked for more.

lynp2
5/7/16

I was able to find a tutor that met my needs and in a timely fashion. I highly recommend this site to anyone who is looking for a tutor. Also, definitely sign up to have your payment verified - it makes the process smoother for you.

susanl123
5/7/16

Karen has been great to work with. She works around schedules and will try to accommodate your needs. My son likes her and says she can explain things in a way to make them easier to understand. I would highly recommend.

annai10
5/6/16

Two classes with Carilyn so far. Davis has enjoyed his sessions and has given us (parents) positive feedback. We are hopeful for a great outcome through this process. Ultimately, Davis knows he has to do the work.

michellea85
5/6/16

I loved the fact that I could contact and be contacted. We had a very specific need and the tutor reached out and found us. That helped me, I did not have to spend so much of my time reaching out and asking questions.

robynb27
5/5/16

My child enjoyed the session and learned more advanced math.

maryb287
5/5/16

It was very helpful. The session went great according to my son. Thanks!

chrisj114

Great

isaiahl11
5/2/16

It was a wonderful experience. Thank you!!!

janete14
5/1/16

The tudor was well knowledge and patient.

davidj195
5/1/16

This my first time having a private tutor it was amazing.

77 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Based upon observations, you have to be invited after you have reached a "stable" level. I don't know if this is based 1) total number of students 2) total number of concurrent students 3) their finding out that I tutored online using other than WyzAnt tools 4) total number of hours 5) length w/WyzAnt At the time I was invited I had 1) 20 total students 2) 6 repeating students 3) used skype to tutor online local WyzAnt student 4) 100+ hours 5) more than 1 year

By Barbara W.

My experience has been they will drop you rather than address a problem. Think about what they do, make money off someones work and talent. Easier to avoid the problem completely!!

By Don P.

Hi. I followed up with Wyzant a number of times. They refused to let me speak to a supervisor and told me that there was nothing they could say about WHY they shut down my profile. I've never encountered such an unhelpful company (except for Comcast)...

By Pam P.

Yes, potential clients of mine said Wyzant hounded them over and over to give billing info. Wyzant apparently thinks it's our job to police them and be sure they do that. All we can do as tutors is echo that we cannot meet them until they do that, however some are hesitant. Not my problem anymore. Wyzant sucks.

By Pam P.

Private tutors would all be better off if Wyzant did not exist. Profit margins are thin and nobody wants somebody skimming 30 % (that is best case scenario: 20% from tutor and 10% from student. Early on the rate is 50%). But Wyzant hires a massive team of graphic designers, programmers and data experts to dominate the internet. So anybody who wants to be a local tutor absolutely must use them to survive. Wyzant provides a service to the consumer, but expects the business to pay most of the cost.

By Nancy S.

Yes, we do! WyzAnt has tutors and teachers qualified in Computer Science as well as a host of specific computer languages such as C++, Ruby, and Javascript.

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Hi Susan, you can personally remove payment information at any time through our dashboard, as long as no lessons charges are pending!

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Hi Jude, tutors on WyzAnt set their own hourly rate, which makes for a wide range of prices. We find most fall within the $30-60 per hour range. Some higher level subjects (eg programming) might be a little higher. It's certainly possible to work within any budget you might have.

By Carol E., WyzAnt Representative

Anna, I am a tutor with WyzAnt. While I don't advertise that I negotiate my fee, if the student has a legitimate reason for a discount, I sometimes agree or compromise. Each individual tutor is different. Therefore, you can ask. I cannot guarantee what the answer will be. -Michelle

By Michelle S.

Questions? Get answers from the WyzAnt staff and other customers.

1 Photo for WyzAnt