US Government’s NSF
SiteJabber for Business

WyzAnt reviews

Business website  •  Email business  •  Phone: (877) 999-2681
Find an expert tutor in over 250+ subjects.
Learn More
Review of WyzAnt

WyzAnt reviews

72%
Categories: Education, Tutor
1714 N Damen Ave Ste 3N
Chicago, IL 60647-5578, USA
info@wyzant.com
Find an expert tutor in over 250+ subjects.
Learn More

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

veronicas39
8/19/16

I was very reluctant to get a tutor and Wyzant just happened to pop up on my radar.

The tutor I decided to go with actually messaged me first and we worked out a schedule and I've been very happy with him and I am improving.

I only have slight issues and they're with the people, not Wyzant. One tutor was bugging me a bit and kept sending his entire profile (and reviews) and a lot of tutors are insanely overpriced (in my opinion). But again, that's the people, not the company.

My only slight company complain is that they encourage you to input your payment method before even talking to anyone, supposedly because it makes you look like your interest in tutoring is serious. Still, whenever they charge you you get an email and there haven't been any issues.

I think the issue with most people is that it's like hiring a freelance worker, not someone who is an employee of Wyzant. If you're upset, make sure you're not confusing the tutor from the company.

ryanm125
8/10/16

I have worked with 2 French tutors.
Both times while in the middle of the curriculum the tutors raised their rates, changing the business nature of our agreement.
After my first tutor raised his rates he then decided to stop tutoring and gave no explanation.
My second tutor raised his rates 10$/hr, I declined to pay the additional fee and he charged me a cancellation fee. The problem is Samuel, my former tutor, did not even notify me of the rate change before I could cancel in time for his deadline. He broke his own rule. Samuel was unprofessional and uncaring. Wyzant did not lift a finger to help or understand.

jacquelinem29
8/8/16

Wyzant provides me with an outstanding white board and digital tools, endless respect and outstanding customer service for my online tutoring. I graduated 2010 with a 3.7 GPA from U of AZ with a PhD and two minors, wrote a textbook that won 4 national awards in 2011/2012, and 2015 was published in an international peer reviewed journal. Yet, after 400 job applications I had ONE phone interview due to age discrimination. I have been a field researcher since 2005. As my husband is a 100% disabled Vietnam Veteran, we live where the year round mild climate makes his breathing possible. Wyzant is always respectful and pays on time.

stevet99
8/1/16

I'm a tutor and have been for a number of years. From my perspective, Wyzant does a great job. I charge what I want per hour; Wyzant takes their percentage for running this service, and I get the rest.
After many tutorings and many good reviews from students of my work, I sometimes get direct requests for my tutoring service.
The best thing is that Wrzant removes me from having to bill the students directly.

annaw78
7/12/16

Multiple tutors responded in a timely fashion and the one that I worked with was extremely helpful. Will suggest to others looking for tutors in the future!

lawrencep19
7/11/16

Tutor is great.

haiyanw
7/9/16

My tutor pushed me to do the rating and write comments frequently on the WyzAnt, otherwise he would not get money from WyzAnt. That puts lot of stress and requirements on both the tutor and parent. As a busy parents, we hardly have time to check the email and write comments every time. That's too much.

stacyb74
7/9/16

We found an amazing tutor and scheduling and payments are all done through WyzAnt which makes it all really easy.

rickys20

More than I expected

nazt3
7/9/16

From the first call to the last communication via email, the customer care was always there to answer my question, walk me thru solving the problem, and the last but not least they were very patient and took the time to come with the best solution possible, THANK YOU.

bobj112
7/8/16

Have used Wyzant several times. Great tutors every time!

stellal17
7/5/16

The website provided me enough information to find a great tutor. He was responsive to my notes, encouraging and helpful to my son and in a very short time he had the confidence (and skill) to do great on his Algebra II Trig Regents exams. We are very satisfied.

lorenel1
7/4/16

Wyzant offers a multitude of tutors to choose from. The tutor I selected was Esparenza who is a teacher at a local school. She is excellent and very patient.

Wonderful to have a service where you can connect with a teacher face to face, instead of an on-line service. So glad I found WyzAnt to connect me to a good teacher, and one I can meet with when it suits me. Well done for setting this up!

mabelm20
7/2/16

Great experience always and highly satisfied with Wyzant's tutors

lindah191
7/2/16

A great way to find tutoring help from community resources with a convenient, easy-to-use online search, communication and invoicing tool. Perfect!.

conniej23
7/1/16

Wonderful teachers thank goodness I found Wyzant they are very professional.

sharonm138
7/1/16

My experience with Wyzant was very outstanding. My tutor was very knowledgeable and the knowledge he shared with me ,help was immensely . He made sure i understood the principles of the subject and how to solve the statistics problems that I had to learn. I would recommend your service because it has help me a considerably in being successful in this course. My tutor was Joshua B and he was an excellent tutor. I would recommend him to anyone who is seeking help in any math course.

owenm38
7/1/16

I was most satisfied with Mr. Chen's teaching ability.

sallys57
5/19/16

Tutor was nice but not worth the money. On top of that they double charged me. I called and they said they would fix error instead they sent me to collections!!! Hit my credit score for being placed on there. I didnt want to fight them anymore so I just paid the collections. Then Wyzant tutored me on something else..Did you know you credit will get hit again for paying it!!! Totally true. Way to stick it to students!!!!

susanp106
5/12/16

I'm writing a dissertation and needed help deciding on a research design. Ali met with me the same day I contacted him, asked appropriate questions to understand my proposal, and provided timely feedback and follow up. I couldn't have asked for more.

lynp2
5/7/16

I was able to find a tutor that met my needs and in a timely fashion. I highly recommend this site to anyone who is looking for a tutor. Also, definitely sign up to have your payment verified - it makes the process smoother for you.

susanl123
5/7/16

Karen has been great to work with. She works around schedules and will try to accommodate your needs. My son likes her and says she can explain things in a way to make them easier to understand. I would highly recommend.

annai10
5/6/16

Two classes with Carilyn so far. Davis has enjoyed his sessions and has given us (parents) positive feedback. We are hopeful for a great outcome through this process. Ultimately, Davis knows he has to do the work.

michellea85
5/6/16

I loved the fact that I could contact and be contacted. We had a very specific need and the tutor reached out and found us. That helped me, I did not have to spend so much of my time reaching out and asking questions.

robynb27
5/5/16

My child enjoyed the session and learned more advanced math.

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WyzAnt staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
7/14/16
Answer
carole74
A: Yes, we do! WyzAnt has tutors and teachers qualified in Computer Science as well as a host of specific computer languages such as C++, Ruby, and Javascript.
7/14/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
3/21/16
Answer
carole74
A: Hi Jude, tutors on WyzAnt set their own hourly rate, which makes for a wide range of prices. We find most fall within the $30-60 per hour range. Some higher level subjects (eg programming) might be a little higher. It's certainly possible to work within any budget you might have.
3/23/16