Review of Wix

Website Builder, Website Design, Website Development
2601 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA
Tel: 1465487705
Everything you need to create a stunning website!

abdulla229
7/26/17

Creating the website was simple and easy. When I bought the premium plan to have my own domain and gain more traction towards my website, I was really annoyed. Once you buy the plan, they have a bunch of hidden stuff that you also need to buy in order to grow your website. You have to pay an extra $5.00 a month to have your website searchable on google. The 50,000 emails per month that they say you get is on you to do it. You have to MANUALLY send 50,000 emails if you're capable of doing that. They don't do anything big for you besides give you your own domain. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME CREATING A WEBSITE HERE.

brandonm98
7/15/17

Use WordPress instead. More responsive and aesthetically pleasing. Wix seems cheaper at first but the deeper you dig, you realize it will end up being more expensive with hidden costs for plugins. Even then it's not anywhere near as responsive- Wix doesn't look good on tablets... pretty much ever...

zapatat
7/11/17

Wix has the worst customer assistance ever. They will not return any kind of phone calls whatsoever they refused to even after you make out tickets. Pretty pathetic to do that to customers that pay and have premium website. Having a premium website doesn't mean anything to them just as long as they get their money. That's all this company cares about.

kayk31
7/6/17

I tried their free trail site to build my website but their software didn't work at all. I wasted a week. Now I am trying to cancel the account but WIX customer service does not answer your call. There is only recording to go to WIX wesite. You can't even leave a voice3 mail. This kind of business practice must not be tolerated. I am going to complain to CONSUMER AGENCY. Their website Q&A How to Cancel site only talks about Upgrading your account to Premier account before canceling your account. There is not way to cancel your account once you sign up WIX.COM. Could someone help me how to reach WIX customer service to cancel my account?

kevinr131
7/5/17

Wix is obviously designed to create websites. That's great and all until you realize that the domain they supply you is bulky and unappealing. The site offers you the option of changing the domain name for $15 (Plus an additional $9 if you're interested in the added security options). My total domain totaled to be $25. But hey, what do you expect from a free website?

I bought my domain and thought, "Sweet! I now have my own website!"

WRONG. That payment simply reserved the domain for me. In order to activate it online, you had to purchase a seperate premium monthly plan which you would expect to come with the domain you purchased!

At this point, I was completely enraged. I attempted to cancel my domain, however, Wix was one step ahead of me. This was the only transaction that could not be refunded.

Would rate 0/10.

drewt9
7/2/17

Tom: Why is raw code shown for half a second (enough time to see and get concerned, plus esthetically unpleasing) on Wix.com on all pages?

Wix: Hi Tom,

Sounds like something our tech support team should take a look at. Could you send us the URL and your account info and we'll investigate? Go to this page, choose the relevant categories and scroll down to send us a message: Wix.com/contact

Tom: I was kind to you and spent my time reporting it to the easiest way I could contact you at no cost to me other than my time, so be kind to me in return and report this issue yourself since you seem to be part of Wix. I can also add that I use Firefox latest browser. I tried with Chrome and could not recreate the same issue. Anyway, Mozilla FF is my favourite browser. Again, I went to WIX.COM home page and clicked at the footer links and went to: http://www.wix.com/features/main - again I saw your code flash in front of my eyes. Now what you can do is copy and paste for your employer and report this issue, cause I am not going to begin use Wix if this issues is not addressed.

P.S. I just went to Wix.com using Chrome browser and it's even worse - the design is different on Chrome and when I try to scroll the page down it jumps up back not allowing me to seer the bottom of the page. How does WIX expect to get a single customer with a horrible buggy website like that?

emmaj57
6/27/17

This is so terrible. It is slow and frustrating you can only do good things unless you have an premium account. Do not get it is very bad.

paulm139
6/16/17

Has an issue with an automated billing on my account. The Wix service team attitude was terrible pushing me back to the terms and conditions of their site rather than attempting to resolve my issue. I had the same issue with Squarespace 3 years ago and their team went out of their way to help. I found the tools worse than Squarespace as well.

johnw671
6/15/17

Used free version, then when totally happy set my site live with paid offer. Look out for the regular 50% off promos.

danielleb86
6/14/17

I could never get anyone one answer the on the phone I canceled my subscription and they still took money out of my account I had to go to the bank and get it stopped plus change my card...don't use this SITE...I think we should all get together and open a class action lawsuit.....

nicolea67
6/13/17

Please tell me why I can't speak with a human with this company? The little "help" guidelines don't "help" at all. Just more of a time suck trying to find a topic that may fit your issue. FRUSTRING. It takes me 45-minutes to type an email address into the template. Each letter I type takes 22-seconds to appear. How is this helpful? Use any other site you're able. This WIX company isn't worth the time suck. I especially will not get the 14-hours of my life back.

ia1376
6/12/17

I am so frustrated!
You cannot get in contact with customer support!
I have even been reading prior tickets online & I see that they're just giving the same scripted bullcrap answers and giving people advice of how to get to the contact page when they've already been there and it went nowhere.. Just sends you in circles!
HELLO, they are speaking with you (a representative) now, and they want answers, just help them, call them!, do SOMETHING, ANYTHING!

Okay, now for what I'm experiencing:

I have lost many potential clients
when I view the information sent from the online contact form that the customer fills out.. there are important details that are left out of EVERY SINGLE ONE! such as the customers contact information and how many bedrooms the customer has.
This is imperative info.. in order for me to send an accurate estimate I have to have this information and you aren't giving it to me and you're making it a difficult pain in the butt to get in contact with you THIS IS RIDICULOUS!

I even submitted a few Estimate requests myself and it left the same details out, so the issue isn't that the customer is not entering it on the form..

I find out when I go to your site that my domain name is not even accurate
my site has been sent over to my old domain
& all this time potential clients that I have a given my website address to (on business cards, flyers etc.) was the wrong one this whole time
because of your mess up and I'm the one that gets screwed!

I am leaving Wix today and I suggest that no one do business with this horrible incompetent website. they do not want you to contact them that's why they make it absolutely impossible and even when ever you do submit a ticket they're still giving you information about how to go submit a ticket and get in contact with them what kind of sense does this make !? I'm so mad!
Dear Wix,
You People SUCK!

imaras
5/26/17

I am a website builder and have many clients that I have built on Wix.com .
They Cannot Be reached so i can move domain names to them
I Will be contacting My Attorney so me and my clients can move forward with a law suit they are liable for not delivering what they say they will deliver

johnb883
5/25/17

You set up a "free website" and then get your bulky domain name. Can't complain at all; it was free! Then you see the conveniently placed button to "purchase a new domain name" directly from the site. You click on the link as you would, of course, be much happier with the name that you entered as your id in the first place, and you are linked directly to the page to purchase your desired domain name. You go through all the steps and purchase the domain name and then click back on the "link your domain name" button on the wix website. You are told for the first time that you have to "upgrade" your plan in order to link your own domain name, meaning at least 8+ per month to do so. So your "free website" is no longer free. You've been SCAMMED out of 33,75 for the domain name which you now have no use for. You write the customer service (as if they don't know of the scam) and after two days they give you the canned response about user plans and domain names. You try to call (it's Thursday) but they are closed until the following Tuesday. I guess it's not a crime if you can get away with it! BEWARE!!!

thomasw150
5/18/17

I joined Wix about a year ago and they had good, responsive live customer support. That was then. Now they have ZERO live customer support and you can't get a call through and get a live person on the phone any more. BEWARE. If you use Wix, you better not need help because your help won't come on simple issues for days on end and that's only if you happen to be available when they call you back days later. Something has changed at this company and they no longer help people except through emails. I recommend you DO NOT USE WIX if you are hosting or designing business related websites. Go use other similar services. Wix has gone down hill fast in terms of customer service. It will take you just as long to get solutions for your problems as it does to design your website. It's ridiculous. Wix used to be good, but they are no longer reliable to me and clearly to many customers who have this same problem.

kenz206
5/17/17

I have had five wix sites over the past five years. Today, they made a horrific error in regard to my billing and it cost me a ton. There is no one to call. I just sit here sending countless emails requesting a callback. I am officially done with this company!!!!!

nevillew2
5/14/17

Thought I would buy a website to put my FTM2017 on for my extended family to use, wrong. Wix was eager to allow me to buy my domain name and then they tell me in many more windows of more expense, that no refunds if you are unhappy. Not happy Jan. Classic get you in and then hit you for more expense(monthly yearly), goodness knows what the service is like, I can only guess.

ramonap9
5/12/17

Well I am stuck in the hole of wix. I am on a budget and stop the payment and was told I was stuck with what I have. Never again.

chrisb372
5/8/17

Wix is the most frustrating company I have ever had to deal with. When you need help fast forget it with this company, they make it impossible to get assistance.

Several times I received no call backs, and another time it took them 4 days to respond. The phone number online is a circle leading back to the support page. It should be called lack the lack of support page.

There was a credit card issue and their answer to that was just to cancel my site without any communication.

Their site creation is incredibly limiting stay away from WIX!

matteob27
5/6/17

"You got what you pay for" platform. Wix hosting has a lot of limitations when we talk about performance, features and SEO. The web site is hard to get ranked on search engines. Italian users may have a look at this article https://goo.gl/kk6icS (The page can also be translated, just in case).

rikd4
4/20/17

I supported a couple of clients who both had started constructing a site on their own and got stuck. The widgets only get you so far, no problem - cleaned it up for them my bigger issue is portability of their code. It's all proprietary - want to get locked in and either stay with Wix forever or re-do your site? The Wix is for you? Hate writing pure HTML/CSS and love bloated code? Come on down! Oh, and customer service on a paid plan? Does a day or two later work for you? Do you hate reaching a CSR right away to get your issue resolved? Wix is for you.

Still feeling lucky? Google Wix and autobill....

Sadly, on the surface - the concept of Wix is good but it is poorly executed. Even with the horrible billing aside, bad customer service overlooked and the bloated code - the lack of portability of your pages should be a red flag.

sallyl44
4/20/17

My experience with Wix is that it is indeed quite easy to use HOWEVER be prepared for lengthy waiting periods to get answers from tech support if you have trouble. I am so disappointed with their service over the past 12 months (been with them for 5 years) that I will be moving to Shopify.

jimp127
4/19/17

I have recently built a basic web page using Wix and paid for the premium service for a year only cause they are having a 50% off sale right now.

However, their support is TERRIBLE!!! I have questions that I cannot find the answers to in their support discussions and I cannot get in touch with an actual person on the phone.
Their so called customer service phone number just gives you a message to use their support page and gives no instructions on how to schedule a call back with a Wix support agent.
I cannot find call back instructions anywhere on their website either. I do not recommend Wix and will not be renewing my acct next year.

Go with Google Sites!!

marieg52
4/19/17

A former employee started up his own business and set up a Wix website. He used copyrighted materials from my website. He refused to remove same from his site so I complained to Wix. They shut down his site until he removed my pictures, etc. A short time later he pulled the same stunt and this time Wix encouraged him to claim that a mentally ill relative was trying to take down his site. Any future complaints against him now require a court order for Wix to take action. So he is free to steal content while Wix hides behind policy that promotes stigma against the mentally ill.

gias8
4/6/17

Their customer service is the bottom of the barrel and they purposefully make it difficult for you to contact them if you have a billing or technical issue. There is no warning when they'll renew your site and charge you, and claim they just didn't want your site to go down as an excuse to charge you. Other companies like Wordpress.com email you a heads up before they renew. It seems this is how Wix makes the majority of their money. It's unfortunate they cannot invest it in decent customer service.

49 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Oh dear. I have had a dreadful experiience. I suggest re - reading the reviews, and consider other options.

By J L. on 8/16/15
Helpful answer

Hi, I apologize for the misleading answer written above. It was not written by a Wix representative. We are a proud & happy company providing a world class website building platform to nearly 60 million users. Wix's work environment is one of the most unique places on the planet. Our nine existing offices span across the globe including NY, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Dnepropetrovsk, and Vilnius. The Wix team includes over 1000 creative professionals (and their dogs) who bring passion, skill and innovation to ensure we provide a product that people love to use. You can find more information here: http://www.wix.com/about/us Feel free to contact us at support@wix.com for further assistance.

By Leah L. [Wix Rep] on 9/4/12
Helpful answer

One of the things that really bother me with Wix (besides them being so focused on extracting money from their customers that they tend to forget about everything else) is that they make these changes and do not care one bit to inform their customers that they are going to do this, so all of the sudden one has a site that doesn't function and unless one keeps checking daily whether everything still works as it should, one end up having problems. That's one of the reasons why I'm out and do not plan to use them much longer.

By Mateja M. on 4/26/15
Helpful answer

Hi, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We'd like to assist you in resolving this error as soon as possible. Please contact us at support@wix.com for further assistance, or call us at 1-800-6000-949.

By Leah L. [Wix Rep] on 6/16/15
Helpful answer

Hi Patrick, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Something might be obscuring the links. Contact us at support@wix.com and we'll look into this further. Sincerely, Wix Support

By Leah L. [Wix Rep] on 8/29/15

By Diane O. on 6/10/16
Helpful answer

Hi, You can contact us at 1-800-6000-949 or support@wix.com. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

By Leah L. [Wix Rep] on 5/27/15
Helpful answer

I've been trying them for days now, with no luck! The recording first said, that "due to call volume, i would have to call back when they next opened on Monday (feb 13th !!)" which means that they haven't changed their answering message for days! Then I tried this morning, and there is a new recording that saids that they will next be open on Tuesday feb Feb 21st! So.. $#*!. Seriously.. We can't afford to rebuild our whole site again with another service!! And i've/we've had WIX for over 6yrs now..

By STERLING S. on 2/16/17
Helpful answer

My advice is be careful moving or changing the boxes. True, it is easy to overlap the boxes or move them outside the "cut off zone" where you will see them on the wix editor, but not on the live site. You have to understand that you are creating a page to be viewed on all shapes and sizes of screens, including mobile. It is delicate on the wix editor (be sure you have a good mouse) but the result is excellent across all types of screens. The wix editor is so easy to use (in my humble opinion) that anyone who reads the wix instructions and help files can become an excellent web site designer and promoter.

By Harry H. on 9/7/16
Helpful answer

Just use the Q&A. They are in Israel.

By Harry H. on 8/25/16
Questions? Get answers from the Wix staff and other customers.

Wix?