US Government’s NSF

26%
2601 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA
Tel: 1465487705
Everything you need to create a stunning website!

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

9/21/16

Now anyone willing to learn the simple web site designer that wix offers can build a great website with Search Engine Optimization and mobile capabilities. All of the people who hate this wix.com that I have met are in the business of charging customers a huge monthly charge for "Maintaining" your web site. Web site design and maintenance companies are going to go the way of travel agents (unless they already use wix.com)

yolandas7
9/14/16

I have two Wix accounts. It sucks when you misplace the password and the only place they can send it to is the email you brought from them that is on lock because you lost the password. Now I have to wait 3-4 days to resolve and I am loosing business.

tomk96
9/5/16

I have a wix site and it sucks. Their is no way to contact them . THE ONLY TO FIX IT IS TO CHANGE SERVICE!.

meld19
8/15/16

I already have a paid Wix site, so set up a few more. I was wondering why I was no longer getting any business through my site. It turns out they changed my URL from wix.com to wixsite.com. Needless to say, no one could find me, my old URL no longer worked, and the money I spend on business cards has been wasted. I guess I'm moving to their competitor. Goodbye Wix, you are dishonest, deceitful and you have ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT!

Tip for consumers: Go somewhere else! These guys are scammers!

richardb140
7/28/16

Long story short: I have used and tried various wysiwyg web-building programs over the last 8 years, from Quick N Easy Web-builder, to Weebly, Squarespace, Jimdo, etc etc etc.....they were all utterly frustrating and cumbersome. Reluctantly, I turned to Wix. I say 'reluctantly' because of the number of bad reviews here.

I started actually reading the bad reviews, instead of just looking at the rating, and realized that a lot of folks didn't understand the basics of having a website and their frustration, besides billing issues, was based on their - how can I put it politely - ......ignorance.

[So, to correct that, here's a brief thing newbies need to know:
(1) You buy your 'www....' address from a company like Go Daddy or whomever. It will cost you about 15 bucks a year to keep it. Companies that sell 'www....' addresses are called 'domain name providers'
(2) You buy your bit of space on the internet to show that site through a company, like Wix or Go Daddy or iPower or whoever. They're called 'hosting companies'
(3) You buy your program to actually make your website

Those are the 3 main costs involved and they cannot be circumnavigated. Think of it like a car. You cannot get away from having to have (a) a chassis (b) an engine and (c) wheels. OK, bad analogy, but you get my point.]

Wix's editor (the bit of online software for making your website look useful and pretty) is amaaaaaaaaaazingly good. Especially compared to the competition. You will not spend hours frustrated, scratching your head and pulling your hair out trying to figure out how to put in a picture, re-size some text or add a 3rd party html widget. It is an absolute breeze. It is the most user-friendly interface I have ever, ever, ever come across.

Now, for those concerned with seo (search-engine-optimization) opportunities, buy a copy of 'SEO for Dummies' off Amazon for $4 and read through it and DO everything in it. Don't pay for SEO, whether it's being offered by Wix or Google or the pimply kid who lives next door.

Yes, SEO is about exciting as staring at a brick wall for a day and a half, but it's gotta be done and it isn't rocket science.

This review got a bit longer than I had intended. My bad. Anyway, I hope my 2 cents worth helps someone out there. Thanks for reading.

achuk
7/22/16

WIX IS THE BEST WEBSITE BUILDER I HAVE COME ACROSS AND I LOVE IT! IT'S PERFECT FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE. BUT FOR THOSE WHO NEED A MORE THAN WHAT WIX OFFERS ( AND BELIEVE ME, THEY OFFER A LOT!), WORDPRESS IS PROBABLY YOUR B EST BET. BUT PRICING IS MUCH BETTER AT WIX AS THEY PROVIDE QUALITY SUPPORT, A FREE DOMAIN, AND FREE HOSTING!!!!

-JUST ANOTHER HAPPY CUSTOMER

justins101
7/22/16

Worst web experience of my life.
I followed their instructions and created my platform. I upgraded to premium so that I could connect to my domain (and a good thing that I knew what I was doing, because their instructions were crap). I then started building content. I saved often. At one point it froze and everything was lost.
I submitted a ticket. Their response was a canned, "please read the help section.'
I returned to the site to find about half of the changes were back. I continued working. when I saved the work, it asked if I wanted to connect to my domain, despite getting an email saying that I had already connected. I tried to connect and it told me that I needed to purchase a premium package, despite getting an email thanking me for upgrading (not to mention the charge on my credit card).
I submitted another ticket. They sent me a canned response telling me to read the same crap again. But this time they discovered that, since they had (but hadn't) connected to my domain since I hadn't (but had) upgraded to premium service, the hours of rework that I had done had saved to a generic 'mysite' and couldn't be connected to my domain...because I needed to upgrade to premium...have I mentioned that I've done this?
If it weren't for the hours and hours of lost work, this would almost be comical.
DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY.

raym774
7/19/16

Why do these peoplght e think we are all stupid? They say it is free but then they do everything to get you to "upgrade"--to the point where you are unable to make adjustments without "upgrading". It's all about TRUST. This organization is a big, utter fraud!!!!! Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!

jl134
7/15/16

Nice sleek look, maybe okay if you sell one or two products (in quantities less than 10). It's like the Hotel California. You can't leave. No bulk upload of products.
Once you set up a store, you can't do a bulk download of your products, many features that a medium size business would expect, do not exist. When perusing the site at the beginning, they are clearly marketing their services to businesses of all sizes, among other targeted customers.

In reality, it is garbage, you put thousands of dollars into setting it up. Only to be held hostage, and dinged for more and more fees. Hey Wix! How about just providing clear and straightforward pricing?. And a product for which I would happily pay (represented ACCURATELY)

Wix offers ZERO SCALABILITY. anyone who sells products for which a customer might wish to order 20 items (beads, buttons, fabric, etc etc etc) should avoid this company like the PLAGUE! My customers can't put more than ten of an item in their cart! This is ridiculous! I can't bulk upload or download products. Can't do that with order history either. Not that the wix store site is receiving many orders.

Site is not mobile friendly- despite the wix claims to the contrary.

Any business with more than two products and more than two orders per year will find this company a disastrous choice. Oh! Don't most businesses hope to GROW? Well, with Wix, you can't, and if by accident, your business does grow, you will spend a zillion dollars to leave wix to move to a scalable platform.

The propaganda, and rhetoric from wix, leads one to believe that they provide the services and scalability that most businesses would need. NOT TRUE, And making assumptions that some things should be logically part of the engineering was MY FAULT. I WONT MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN. I WILLINGLY SIGNED UP FOR THE TRAIN WRECK THAT IS WIX. I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED REVIEWS BEFORE BEING WOWED BY FLUFFY PUFFED UP CLAIMS ON THE WIX SITE

ANYONE CONSIDERING A MOVE TO WIX WOULD DO WELL TO STAY AWAY! FAR FAR FAR AWAY. WORST BUSINESS DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE. I HOPE THAT MY COMMENTS WILL SPARE OTHERS FROM THE CRUSHING FINANCIAL LOSSES AND TRAUMA THAT WIX PROVIDES IN ABUNDANCE.

isaach29
7/13/16

I used this site to buld my photography website. it is kind of hard at the begining to build the site if you are building it from scratch. But I figured out how. Now my site is up and running. This site also has really grat apps to help your site in many ways. The only thing about Wix I don't like is that when you publish your site it will take around 1 to 3 months for your website to show up in search engines. that is too long. We as user want people to be able to find our site the same day that we publish it.

tiab7
7/12/16

Wix has everything I want in a website designing tool. It's basically fool proof. Almost any question you can possibly have has a detailed answer already on there site which is good because I don't like dealing with people (takes too long). Mobile view is great (MAKE SURE U EDIT THIS because it will probably look messed up if you ignore it). We paid for a premium account so there is no ads and personally I think that the pricing is right. If you have gone through the pain of trying to code a website then finding a hosting company and uploading the files to C Panel and then trying to make quick changes (I'm hyperventilating thinking back about this).... YOU WILL THINK WIX IS A GODSEND.

If you're trying to start an multi-million dollar empire, Wix probably doesn't have the capacity to support your needs. For regular websites for SMB businesses or personal websites/blogs/community initiatives... it's perfect.

raeganl
7/5/16

The worst company to try to deal with or contact!

Why..? Because they do not want to talk to u!

The Support ID is no where to be found!

I'm not a dumb person, it's not there!

You Can't Talk to them without it by phone

aaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I'm losing $ because of this F'd up website

my website isn't working & you can't do anything on the mobile site!

Total B/S!

Use someone else..

as a customer for this last year my sites font, colors and format were constantly screwed up!

while logging on to pay & update credit card info realized

I missed out on 2 clients

because they never emailed the form the customer filled out for an estimate!

Bull $#*! Service!

I'm going elsewhere, didn't have this many issues with Vistaprint (at least they would make changes, when I don't have a computer)

Wix Refuses to help u out!

melaj
6/28/16

Site not showing anywhere on Google. The site booster is an epic fail. I plan to cancel immediately. Not worth it.

confrariak
6/26/16

we had an account with wix for 1 year and renewed. Next thing they suspended the shoutout service saying our company violated the terms of use without any proof. They refused to returm our funds. They want to keep the money without providing the service

michelel36
6/22/16

I have been with Wix since December last year and I am truly disappointed. I have since found out that it falls short on a lot of technical features which would help bring my site up in the Google rankings. The SEO are limited to 10 words and although Wix say that's not important, a lot of experts disagree. The worse thing is the mobile view. Every time I add or edit something to a page, I have to redo the whole mobile page. Also, it never displays properly, well, it does on their mobile view but not on a real mobile. The customer service is very up hazard, sometimes it's good, sometimes they take the easy option out and give you a link to their help menu, even though I've already told them that the instructions on a particular help feature didn't help. Because I live in the UK, I have to wait for the time difference, and sometimes I have to wait two days for a response and have to pick up the phone. I spend far too much sorting out my website problems and much less time running my business. I have decided to end my contract early and ask for my money back, I have signed up with a professional designer, I don't want to risk going with someone else and find the same or a different problem. I have been told by friends that Square Space is good, but do check reviews from customers, not magazines!

susang100
6/19/16

They all say the same crapped til you are forced to upgrade because unless you are a computer genius, you don't understand a f in thing they say. I can explain in a dumb way the UN genius can grasp

alexandruc1
6/18/16

Hello guys, i used yesterday wix shoutout service,and their stats showed me that i had 21 clicks , but today i opened my google analitycs and saw a nmber of 6 users yesterday,and i doubt that theese users came from the shoutout because geographycaly i didnt send emails at that area.
Thank you.

chuckyb
6/14/16

These sneaky SOB's charged $150 to my checking account causing an overdraft fee of $10. A head's up would've been nice. Thanks Wix for having my back.

daliar1
6/14/16

I have paid Wix to keep my Domain active but i am not able to open my website under it. Its so hard to get a hold of any customer service reps.

shawm1
6/10/16

Wix has sent me email reminders for every automatic payment until today when I was charged $149 with NO WARNING. The most concerning part is that they didn't even have my current card info or billing information on the site as I've moved across the country and gotten entirely new cards in the past year. This is an incredibly unfair business practice and I will be cancelling my account as well as the many client sites/accounts my company has set up via Wix. DO NOT GIVE THIS SITE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION BECAUSE APPARENTLY EVEN IF THAT CHANGES THEY WILL SOMEHOW FIND A WAY TO CHARGE YOU WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

mgeg
5/28/16

I was holding a wix account for over 3 years and when I finished my education I decided to start up my business. Therefore, I activated the account and designed my page and published it. It was working till 4 to 5 days that I was about to buy a premium subscription to use my own domain. Suddenly, I've seen that I can not login to my profile, the error was about the website couldn't recognize my email address (it was deleted).

I contacted wix support, first they replied that your account was not registered. Then when I replied that I am sure that this is my email address they replied that you are in the sanction countries. (I am in Denmark)
Meanwhile, there was a bottom in their emails that I could reply to that specific email reference, which all of them was not working.

I really don't know how could they get here by such a poor behavior and knowledge.

I would totally not suggesting them based on their poor judgment.

lyndap5
5/24/16

I have not received my refund even after 27 days when i asked them about it, they say it is out of their hands once they passed to the payment provider!! They need to chase up with their payment provider to see why my refund has not gone over, not leave it to me suss it out. What the hell can I do? This just an excuse to say to me, we have sent refund but if you haven't received it, there is nothng we can do about it because we passed it to the payment provider and out of our control! Chase it up with your payment provider you are working with and ask them why my refund did not show up!!

kevant1
5/10/16

You Just Registered a Account then they told u "You Can Make Free Websites With WIX"
just use WordPress or what [WIX Scams Money too]

urjitakk
4/18/16

Hi,
I had opted for wix online builder for my website and at that time they had a promotional offer of Google Adwords of USD 75. After I purchased the plan I got the vouchers under my account. Subsequently, I purchased the plan for 2 of my clients and got 2 such Adwords Vouchers. After a month when I tried using the vouchers I discovered its not valid for my country (India). When I contacted WIX they said that Google has revoked the offer from certain geographic locations and they cannot do anything about it.
I contacted Google to verify this and Google replied that the vouchers were never issued for India and thus the question of revoking doesnot arise. After sending the mail to WIX support and posting on social media WIX replied that there was a disclaimer while selecting the plan that Google Adwords is applicable is certain locations only. This statement is completely different from their earlier statement when they said that Google has revoked the offer.
So basically inspite of selecting billing address as India, WIX issued me coupons which were not valid for India.
They are not willing to accept that it is their responsibility to compensate me for an equivalent amount now and are offering an extension of 3 months which is not even 1/3rd of the value of the adwords coupons that I have.
Pathetic customer service guys. Dont even think of wasting your time and efforts with WIX.
They will keep sending u scripted mails for weeks and then absolve themselves of all the responsibilities.

carolineg23
4/11/16

I upgraded to a Combo Plan on 3/1/16 that is advertised to have a free domain for one year. I chose a domain and paid the extra $9.90 for the "Privacy Domain Registration" that was so private I received several spam phone calls within 48 hours of registration. I contacted wix about this after reading multiple support tickets of customers complaining about this same company (searchenginestartup.com). To my surprise, wix denied any responsibility in the matter stating that the spammers probably got my information another way. So, I disputed the charge with my credit card company and it was reversed without question for failure to render services.

Now, to fast forward one month later. I am furious to learn that my site has been down since 3/10/16 due to the suspension of my domain over this chargeback on my credit card. I am not being told that the domain is not actually included in my combo package somehow (despite having screenshots of this exact advertisement on their website) and they are refusing to unsuspend my domain unless I pay them more money... for a domain that I paid for an entire year subscription and received 10 days of service.

Also, be ready to not actually be able to call a customer service department and instead have to rely on the insultingly generic copy/paste answers supplied for their support staff. I now have to again go through an entire dispute process to receive a refund as I am being told that I am not getting one from their company. Thanks, Wix!

4 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wix staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Answer
harryh59
A: My advice is be careful moving or changing the boxes. True, it is easy to overlap the boxes or move them outside the "cut off zone" where you will see them on the wix editor, but not on the live site. You have to understand that you are creating a page to be viewed on all shapes and sizes of screens, including mobile. It is delicate on the wix editor (be sure you have a good mouse) but the result is excellent across all types of screens. The wix editor is so easy to use (in my humble opinion) that anyone who reads the wix instructions and help files can become an excellent web site designer and promoter.
4 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
8/25/16
Answer
harryh59
A: Just use the Q&A. They are in Israel.
4 days ago