US Government’s NSF

26%
2601 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA
Tel: 1465487705
Everything you need to create a stunning website!

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

maryd218
11/10/16

After one year decided not to renew the site. Turned Auto Renew Off at least 3 months in advance. Could not delete my credit card from the site - could only make changes to the card or enter a new card. That tells you right there that they are crooks. Low and behold Wix charged my credit card anyway. Needless to say I could not reach anyone via phone and had to send an email to the non-existent customer service. They answered back only informing me that my email had been received. After several emails back and forth they said that "the process" would issue me a refund. After 2 weeks I am still waiting for the refund and for them to cancel this miserable site and service. The only good thing about this is that my bank issued my refund and initiated an investigation to get the money back from Wix.

ninaf17
10/7/16

What I learned the hard way: Wix falsely advertises AdSense as a monetization option but it turns out that their sites are illegible to AdSense text crawlers. So Wix has robbed me and many others (the issue is all over the help forums) who have paid them money to build our sites on their platform under the pretense that we'd be able to monetize via AdSense, only to learn that we can't. They deny the issue outright and chalk it up to the AdSense application process, but it's BS. The AdSense forums make that clear.

howardd22
10/1/16

Wix would be OK if they did not have the default of having text or photo or headings repeated on each page. It should be the opposite... click ON when you want an item to appear of the same page. But worse when you delete the item from a page it disappears from the original page and you have to go back and insert. The default often appears even after you click not to have it repeat on each page.

tonyl84
10/1/16

Need to get something fixed on my webiste. Tried calling customer support no answer, then they asked me to setup a call appointment 12 days out! I need my webiste fixed now, I'm loosing money.

romanb26
9/25/16

I am not great with computers but I managed to build my band's website and it was very easy.
Prices with wix are good, the site's never down, I like wix and thoroughly recommend it.

Happy customers
-The Black Horses

9/21/16

Now anyone willing to learn the simple web site designer that wix offers can build a great website with Search Engine Optimization and mobile capabilities. All of the people who hate this wix.com that I have met are in the business of charging customers a huge monthly charge for "Maintaining" your web site. Web site design and maintenance companies are going to go the way of travel agents (unless they already use wix.com)

yolandas7
9/14/16

I have two Wix accounts. It sucks when you misplace the password and the only place they can send it to is the email you brought from them that is on lock because you lost the password. Now I have to wait 3-4 days to resolve and I am loosing business.

tomk96
9/5/16

I have a wix site and it sucks. Their is no way to contact them . THE ONLY TO FIX IT IS TO CHANGE SERVICE!.

meld19
8/15/16

I already have a paid Wix site, so set up a few more. I was wondering why I was no longer getting any business through my site. It turns out they changed my URL from wix.com to wixsite.com. Needless to say, no one could find me, my old URL no longer worked, and the money I spend on business cards has been wasted. I guess I'm moving to their competitor. Goodbye Wix, you are dishonest, deceitful and you have ZERO CUSTOMER SUPPORT!

Tip for consumers: Go somewhere else! These guys are scammers!

richardb140
7/28/16

Long story short: I have used and tried various wysiwyg web-building programs over the last 8 years, from Quick N Easy Web-builder, to Weebly, Squarespace, Jimdo, etc etc etc.....they were all utterly frustrating and cumbersome. Reluctantly, I turned to Wix. I say 'reluctantly' because of the number of bad reviews here.

I started actually reading the bad reviews, instead of just looking at the rating, and realized that a lot of folks didn't understand the basics of having a website and their frustration, besides billing issues, was based on their - how can I put it politely - ......ignorance.

[So, to correct that, here's a brief thing newbies need to know:
(1) You buy your 'www....' address from a company like Go Daddy or whomever. It will cost you about 15 bucks a year to keep it. Companies that sell 'www....' addresses are called 'domain name providers'
(2) You buy your bit of space on the internet to show that site through a company, like Wix or Go Daddy or iPower or whoever. They're called 'hosting companies'
(3) You buy your program to actually make your website

Those are the 3 main costs involved and they cannot be circumnavigated. Think of it like a car. You cannot get away from having to have (a) a chassis (b) an engine and (c) wheels. OK, bad analogy, but you get my point.]

Wix's editor (the bit of online software for making your website look useful and pretty) is amaaaaaaaaaazingly good. Especially compared to the competition. You will not spend hours frustrated, scratching your head and pulling your hair out trying to figure out how to put in a picture, re-size some text or add a 3rd party html widget. It is an absolute breeze. It is the most user-friendly interface I have ever, ever, ever come across.

Now, for those concerned with seo (search-engine-optimization) opportunities, buy a copy of 'SEO for Dummies' off Amazon for $4 and read through it and DO everything in it. Don't pay for SEO, whether it's being offered by Wix or Google or the pimply kid who lives next door.

Yes, SEO is about exciting as staring at a brick wall for a day and a half, but it's gotta be done and it isn't rocket science.

This review got a bit longer than I had intended. My bad. Anyway, I hope my 2 cents worth helps someone out there. Thanks for reading.

achuk
7/22/16

WIX IS THE BEST WEBSITE BUILDER I HAVE COME ACROSS AND I LOVE IT! IT'S PERFECT FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T HAVE AN INFINITE AMOUNT OF COMPUTER KNOWLEDGE. BUT FOR THOSE WHO NEED A MORE THAN WHAT WIX OFFERS ( AND BELIEVE ME, THEY OFFER A LOT!), WORDPRESS IS PROBABLY YOUR B EST BET. BUT PRICING IS MUCH BETTER AT WIX AS THEY PROVIDE QUALITY SUPPORT, A FREE DOMAIN, AND FREE HOSTING!!!!

-JUST ANOTHER HAPPY CUSTOMER

justins101
7/22/16

Worst web experience of my life.
I followed their instructions and created my platform. I upgraded to premium so that I could connect to my domain (and a good thing that I knew what I was doing, because their instructions were crap). I then started building content. I saved often. At one point it froze and everything was lost.
I submitted a ticket. Their response was a canned, "please read the help section.'
I returned to the site to find about half of the changes were back. I continued working. when I saved the work, it asked if I wanted to connect to my domain, despite getting an email saying that I had already connected. I tried to connect and it told me that I needed to purchase a premium package, despite getting an email thanking me for upgrading (not to mention the charge on my credit card).
I submitted another ticket. They sent me a canned response telling me to read the same crap again. But this time they discovered that, since they had (but hadn't) connected to my domain since I hadn't (but had) upgraded to premium service, the hours of rework that I had done had saved to a generic 'mysite' and couldn't be connected to my domain...because I needed to upgrade to premium...have I mentioned that I've done this?
If it weren't for the hours and hours of lost work, this would almost be comical.
DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR MONEY.

raym774
7/19/16

Why do these peoplght e think we are all stupid? They say it is free but then they do everything to get you to "upgrade"--to the point where you are unable to make adjustments without "upgrading". It's all about TRUST. This organization is a big, utter fraud!!!!! Disgusting!!!!!!!!!!!

jl134
7/15/16

Nice sleek look, maybe okay if you sell one or two products (in quantities less than 10). It's like the Hotel California. You can't leave. No bulk upload of products.
Once you set up a store, you can't do a bulk download of your products, many features that a medium size business would expect, do not exist. When perusing the site at the beginning, they are clearly marketing their services to businesses of all sizes, among other targeted customers.

In reality, it is garbage, you put thousands of dollars into setting it up. Only to be held hostage, and dinged for more and more fees. Hey Wix! How about just providing clear and straightforward pricing?. And a product for which I would happily pay (represented ACCURATELY)

Wix offers ZERO SCALABILITY. anyone who sells products for which a customer might wish to order 20 items (beads, buttons, fabric, etc etc etc) should avoid this company like the PLAGUE! My customers can't put more than ten of an item in their cart! This is ridiculous! I can't bulk upload or download products. Can't do that with order history either. Not that the wix store site is receiving many orders.

Site is not mobile friendly- despite the wix claims to the contrary.

Any business with more than two products and more than two orders per year will find this company a disastrous choice. Oh! Don't most businesses hope to GROW? Well, with Wix, you can't, and if by accident, your business does grow, you will spend a zillion dollars to leave wix to move to a scalable platform.

The propaganda, and rhetoric from wix, leads one to believe that they provide the services and scalability that most businesses would need. NOT TRUE, And making assumptions that some things should be logically part of the engineering was MY FAULT. I WONT MAKE THAT MISTAKE AGAIN. I WILLINGLY SIGNED UP FOR THE TRAIN WRECK THAT IS WIX. I SHOULD HAVE CHECKED REVIEWS BEFORE BEING WOWED BY FLUFFY PUFFED UP CLAIMS ON THE WIX SITE

ANYONE CONSIDERING A MOVE TO WIX WOULD DO WELL TO STAY AWAY! FAR FAR FAR AWAY. WORST BUSINESS DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE. I HOPE THAT MY COMMENTS WILL SPARE OTHERS FROM THE CRUSHING FINANCIAL LOSSES AND TRAUMA THAT WIX PROVIDES IN ABUNDANCE.

isaach29
7/13/16

I used this site to buld my photography website. it is kind of hard at the begining to build the site if you are building it from scratch. But I figured out how. Now my site is up and running. This site also has really grat apps to help your site in many ways. The only thing about Wix I don't like is that when you publish your site it will take around 1 to 3 months for your website to show up in search engines. that is too long. We as user want people to be able to find our site the same day that we publish it.

tiab7
7/12/16

Wix has everything I want in a website designing tool. It's basically fool proof. Almost any question you can possibly have has a detailed answer already on there site which is good because I don't like dealing with people (takes too long). Mobile view is great (MAKE SURE U EDIT THIS because it will probably look messed up if you ignore it). We paid for a premium account so there is no ads and personally I think that the pricing is right. If you have gone through the pain of trying to code a website then finding a hosting company and uploading the files to C Panel and then trying to make quick changes (I'm hyperventilating thinking back about this).... YOU WILL THINK WIX IS A GODSEND.

If you're trying to start an multi-million dollar empire, Wix probably doesn't have the capacity to support your needs. For regular websites for SMB businesses or personal websites/blogs/community initiatives... it's perfect.

raeganl
7/5/16

The worst company to try to deal with or contact!

Why..? Because they do not want to talk to u!

The Support ID is no where to be found!

I'm not a dumb person, it's not there!

You Can't Talk to them without it by phone

aaaaaaaaaaaaah!

I'm losing $ because of this F'd up website

my website isn't working & you can't do anything on the mobile site!

Total B/S!

Use someone else..

as a customer for this last year my sites font, colors and format were constantly screwed up!

while logging on to pay & update credit card info realized

I missed out on 2 clients

because they never emailed the form the customer filled out for an estimate!

Bull $#*! Service!

I'm going elsewhere, didn't have this many issues with Vistaprint (at least they would make changes, when I don't have a computer)

Wix Refuses to help u out!

melaj
6/28/16

Site not showing anywhere on Google. The site booster is an epic fail. I plan to cancel immediately. Not worth it.

confrariak
6/26/16

we had an account with wix for 1 year and renewed. Next thing they suspended the shoutout service saying our company violated the terms of use without any proof. They refused to returm our funds. They want to keep the money without providing the service

michelel36
6/22/16

I have been with Wix since December last year and I am truly disappointed. I have since found out that it falls short on a lot of technical features which would help bring my site up in the Google rankings. The SEO are limited to 10 words and although Wix say that's not important, a lot of experts disagree. The worse thing is the mobile view. Every time I add or edit something to a page, I have to redo the whole mobile page. Also, it never displays properly, well, it does on their mobile view but not on a real mobile. The customer service is very up hazard, sometimes it's good, sometimes they take the easy option out and give you a link to their help menu, even though I've already told them that the instructions on a particular help feature didn't help. Because I live in the UK, I have to wait for the time difference, and sometimes I have to wait two days for a response and have to pick up the phone. I spend far too much sorting out my website problems and much less time running my business. I have decided to end my contract early and ask for my money back, I have signed up with a professional designer, I don't want to risk going with someone else and find the same or a different problem. I have been told by friends that Square Space is good, but do check reviews from customers, not magazines!

susang100
6/19/16

They all say the same crapped til you are forced to upgrade because unless you are a computer genius, you don't understand a f in thing they say. I can explain in a dumb way the UN genius can grasp

alexandruc1
6/18/16

Hello guys, i used yesterday wix shoutout service,and their stats showed me that i had 21 clicks , but today i opened my google analitycs and saw a nmber of 6 users yesterday,and i doubt that theese users came from the shoutout because geographycaly i didnt send emails at that area.
Thank you.

chuckyb
6/14/16

These sneaky SOB's charged $150 to my checking account causing an overdraft fee of $10. A head's up would've been nice. Thanks Wix for having my back.

daliar1
6/14/16

I have paid Wix to keep my Domain active but i am not able to open my website under it. Its so hard to get a hold of any customer service reps.

shawm1
6/10/16

Wix has sent me email reminders for every automatic payment until today when I was charged $149 with NO WARNING. The most concerning part is that they didn't even have my current card info or billing information on the site as I've moved across the country and gotten entirely new cards in the past year. This is an incredibly unfair business practice and I will be cancelling my account as well as the many client sites/accounts my company has set up via Wix. DO NOT GIVE THIS SITE YOUR CREDIT CARD INFORMATION BECAUSE APPARENTLY EVEN IF THAT CHANGES THEY WILL SOMEHOW FIND A WAY TO CHARGE YOU WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

4 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wix staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
oliverz4
Oliver Z.
on 9/7/16
Answer
Harry H.
A: My advice is be careful moving or changing the boxes. True, it is easy to overlap the boxes or move them outside the "cut off zone" where you will see them on the wix editor, but not on the live site. You have to understand that you are creating a page to be viewed on all shapes and sizes of screens, including mobile. It is delicate on the wix editor (be sure you have a good mouse) but the result is excellent across all types of screens. The wix editor is so easy to use (in my humble opinion) that anyone who reads the wix instructions and help files can become an excellent web site designer and promoter.
on 9/21/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
dianeo7
Diane O.
on 8/25/16
Answer
Harry H.
A: Just use the Q&A. They are in Israel.
on 9/21/16