US Government’s NSF

24%
2601 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA
Tel: 1465487705
Everything you need to create a stunning website!

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

brandenh8
2/16/17

the service is very slow they don't have phone support. They say they do but it is always closed due to high call volume. If your having a website issue they should be around to fix it ASAP these are people's businesses we are talking about. Probably the slowest customer service i have experienced in my life.

rolandog7
2/16/17

I purchased a premium plan to host my website, plus 2 gmail mailboxes. Had a lot of trouble setting up the site and could get no support, ever. Then the worst part is that the gmail mailboxes where not sincronizing as expected between devices. Learned the hard way I needed to switch to Outlook. I purchased a yearly plan and only used 1 month before I realized this was not what I needed. Wix will not refund me for the 11 months I am not using. I actually already purchased new mailboxes from Outlook, but have this expense for a Wix service I am not using. I talked to Google Support (which is nice) and they explained that If you purchase the mailboxes directly with them you CAN get a refund. So Wix is robbing customers and keeping the money. I have not been able to talk to anyone for 3 weeks. I only get robot answers. Worst of all (even worse than Wix robbing me) is that I need to change the CNAME records in my domain settings to re-configure my mailboxes to Outlook, and Wix will not let me!!! They are holding me hostage.

This is a terrible company, designed by experts in marketing to take people's money. They advertise that you don't have to be an expert to build your own site. But they will take advante of you if you are not an expert. Wix is a fraud.

pate44
2/16/17

So I have had wix for several years.... Its not a good place but it worked. Unfortunately they must have fired everyone.... If you call their main number its a recording, you also cant schedule a call for help and they don't respond to support ticket.

In summary you better know 100% what you are doing because there is no help from wix accept on how to pay them

razb2
2/16/17

i have been trying to get in touch with this company for the last 2 weeks with no joy. I have spent money with these idiots and now they do not seem to care. I will be taking the appropriate action against them

rickw61
2/15/17

Wix is terrible. As bad as Sitebuilder (who we dropped last year). They offer no clear way to contact them in any reasonably timely fashion. Their plans are totally confusing and don't actually give you what you're offered (like free Premium apps). My advice, is stay away. You'll spend a lot of time setting up your websites and then you're stuck, with a crappy service provider that you can't speak to or get any help whatsoever with.

manus14
2/10/17

No doubt you can create a great website with it, but the start is really hard. Their plans are really complicated and not easy to switch. I started out with a plan that allows for bookings and then later realised that I need another one to accept payments. I wasted 1 day trying to figure out how this was done and how to raise a ticket. They make it impossible (try googling wix support email and you wont get anything!!). Finally somehow managed to do it and they gave a really complicated solution which meant paying for another premium plan. But now this plan wont connect to my domain. And again trying to raise another ticket, I have spent over 2 hours. This is time I should be spending on my business.

Their support sux for a premium plan holder... go somewhere else.

julies155
2/10/17

Within the last week WIX has taken a renewal payment from my credit card for twice the amount I paid for my site last year. I never had a warning email from them as it disappeared into my spam box, so I no chance of de-activating the auto renewal in time. I have requested a refund from them and am waiting for a response but judging from the comments here, once WIX has your money you won't hear from them again.

A hike from £55 to £111 plus for a year of hard to build website and awful customer service is surely unjustified.

Reading here I think it's unlikely that I will get any refund from WIX or even be able to talk through these issues with anyone from customer services.

The other thing which really concerns me is that I cannot take my credit card details down from my account page, despite the fact that I have cancelled my plan with WIX. Surely this is not legal? It says a lot that a company has to resort to underhand and "small print" ways of extracting hard earned money from small businesses and craftsmen rather than offering them a decent service and transparent way of working with them.

As someone else has said here "Absolute rip off merchants!!!!!" I'm disgusted.

ianh80
2/8/17

My web guy says about Wix....Btw even though it says wix accepts payment express in New Zealand on their website as a benefit for their users The official verdict after lots of communication is that they don't. !!!!
6 tickets in and lots of back and forward
with either 5 yr old children or illiterate adults not sure
I have never come across such a pack of losers in my entire career

vanap1
2/5/17

I paid for two years and a domain name. Neither have appeared when I log into my account. WIX says I have no paid account but that is not true. I want the money returned to me that they took under the belief that services would be supplied. I have no access to my website and WIX has no customer support. I can't even ask for a refund.

johnd706
1/18/17

Wix still has some really frustrating issues. I used a template with a beautiful video background embedded in one of their "strips". Spent a day designing a very nice looping video for this. Spent even more time figuring out where to put the logos so scaling the size of the website wouldn't crop my logos in the video. Got it working perfectly after about 12 hours of design work. Switched to mobile view. VIDEO WOULD NOT PLAY!!! Looked it up on Wix, only to be informed that the video feature was not supported in mobile view? WTF? SERIOUSLY? Then they as the question: Would you like to vote on having this feature added in the future? WTF? YA THINK? LIKE NOW?!!!! Why bother with it if 70% of my users browse on mobile devices now? Also, I cringe every time I get my layouts working perfectly in desktop view and then have to check them in mobile view. 100% of the time the mobile view will be 100% screwed up. I spend more time fixing the mobile view than I do building the original site. Wix YOU STILL NEED A LOT OF WORK!!!!!!!! FRUSTRATING!!!! DON'T TEASE PEOPLE WITH TEMPLATES THAT YOU CAN'T FULLY USE IN MOBILE MODE!!!!! BAD!!!!! YOU WILL ONLY KEEP PISSING PEOPLE OFF!!! THIS HAS TO ME HAPPENED WITH OTHER THINGS YOU OFFER...WITH THE SAME DUMB QUESTION ASKED ABOUT WANTING THE FEATURE ADDED IN THE FUTURE!!!!!

audreyf12
1/17/17

Websites created on this platform are NOT compatible with Wordpress or others.
If one wants to change to Go Daddy or other hosting platforms, one has to create an
entirely new website!!!

robinn17
1/13/17

Many don't know that the support team is primarily based in San Francisco. They're very rude as goes with the city dynamics and since they hide behind a computer, they think they can get away with treating customers like $#*!. I threatened to contact the VC backing company if they continued to be nasty to me, so they calmed down a bit. There's some long term support guys who REALLY need to get another job since they're so miserable helping customers. 1 out of 5 technical questions are answered correctly and they blame you for not knowing the answer, but it's the crappy software that's the problem. I refuse to take their abuse anymore and I hop others stand up to them.

kairenj
1/12/17

scam-brings you in on the free but you have to pay to get anything worthwhile, not user friendly and by their Facebook "post by others'-incompetent to boot

astridb4
1/12/17

The design is fantastic, yes, and the functionalities you could use might be great, too - if you were able to understand how they work. As I am not a web designer, I chose this way of making a website. I would have liked a structured online help so that I can systematically search for the solution to a problem that I cannot name. And to be independent of real people support.
Because the hotline only works from Monday to Thursday. Long weekends, wow! How good for them. And then only at so called Pacific Times. How do I know when that is? I am not interested in other time zones, because I am in my time zone and I am a customer that has made a contract with a company operating globally.

I have waited for an answer from Friday to Monday evening, and then I got a link to a useless site I had tried before. I tried to call to England: 24 minutes waiting time. No thanks. To the US: 2 min. waiting time they said. After 10 expensive minutes I hung up.
So I sent a new mail five hours ago, which of course has not been answered. I do not understand how people can write that this company gives good support.

shawv
1/12/17

Its only free if you use all the crap they give you to use a d its a junk and don't work right its all free a junk no good

jackb214
1/10/17

Good luck evening figuring out how to submit a ticket, much less get a person on the phone. Much easier and quicker posting a negative review. For the money we spend on Wix, it should not be so frustrating getting help. I would suggest using another company that actually services their clientele.

jimh126
1/1/17

Having been associated with some form of web design/support/maintenance over the past decades, I'm quite impressed with how the wix platform works! I used it for one year to see how many adds I couldn't stand, like some other web platforms. I actually didn't mind the small wix add because it was a free site and I had tons of my photographs loaded. I like the editor and the many free apps/buttons/tools. This year I took advantage of their savings and locked in my own domain and upgraded to Premium. Now it's really cool to have my own little domain like a real person, not just some FB junkie. Anyway, I'm a big fan of Wix.com so please enjoy! BTW, it does take work to learn it, so don't criticize it unless you've seriously spent some time to understand it. I'm sure it's not powerful enough for some mega techies, but for the common humanoid, it works fine.

maryd218
11/10/16

After one year decided not to renew the site. Turned Auto Renew Off at least 3 months in advance. Could not delete my credit card from the site - could only make changes to the card or enter a new card. That tells you right there that they are crooks. Low and behold Wix charged my credit card anyway. Needless to say I could not reach anyone via phone and had to send an email to the non-existent customer service. They answered back only informing me that my email had been received. After several emails back and forth they said that "the process" would issue me a refund. After 2 weeks I am still waiting for the refund and for them to cancel this miserable site and service. The only good thing about this is that my bank issued my refund and initiated an investigation to get the money back from Wix.

ninaf17
10/7/16

What I learned the hard way: Wix falsely advertises AdSense as a monetization option but it turns out that their sites are illegible to AdSense text crawlers. So Wix has robbed me and many others (the issue is all over the help forums) who have paid them money to build our sites on their platform under the pretense that we'd be able to monetize via AdSense, only to learn that we can't. They deny the issue outright and chalk it up to the AdSense application process, but it's BS. The AdSense forums make that clear.

howardd22
10/1/16

Wix would be OK if they did not have the default of having text or photo or headings repeated on each page. It should be the opposite... click ON when you want an item to appear of the same page. But worse when you delete the item from a page it disappears from the original page and you have to go back and insert. The default often appears even after you click not to have it repeat on each page.

tonyl84
10/1/16

Need to get something fixed on my webiste. Tried calling customer support no answer, then they asked me to setup a call appointment 12 days out! I need my webiste fixed now, I'm loosing money.

romanb26
9/25/16

I am not great with computers but I managed to build my band's website and it was very easy.
Prices with wix are good, the site's never down, I like wix and thoroughly recommend it.

Happy customers
-The Black Horses

harryh59
9/21/16

Now anyone willing to learn the simple web site designer that wix offers can build a great website with Search Engine Optimization and mobile capabilities. All of the people who hate this wix.com that I have met are in the business of charging customers a huge monthly charge for "Maintaining" your web site. Web site design and maintenance companies are going to go the way of travel agents (unless they already use wix.com)

yolandas7
9/14/16

I have two Wix accounts. It sucks when you misplace the password and the only place they can send it to is the email you brought from them that is on lock because you lost the password. Now I have to wait 3-4 days to resolve and I am loosing business.

tomk96
9/5/16

I have a wix site and it sucks. Their is no way to contact them . THE ONLY TO FIX IT IS TO CHANGE SERVICE!.

49 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

21 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wix staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 days, 1 hour ago
Answer
sterlings19
STERLING S.
A: I've been trying them for days now, with no luck! The recording first said, that "due to call volume, i would have to call back when they next opened on Monday (feb 13th !!)" which means that they haven't changed their answering message for days! Then I tried this morning, and there is a new recording that saids that they will next be open on Tuesday feb Feb 21st! So.. $#*!. Seriously.. We can't afford to rebuild our whole site again with another service!! And i've/we've had WIX for over 6yrs now..
18 hours ago