Review of Wix

2601 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94140, US
Tel: 1465487705
support@wix.com
Everything you need to create a stunning website!

cassies41
2/8/19

This company charged my credit card and are refusing to issue a refund. I've sent email and tried to schedule calls, but they've missed call appointments and their emails are dodging questions. They say they'll respond in 20 business days, which can be over a month. But they're essentially waiting for enough time to pass so you can't dispute the charge with your bank. It's an incredibly shady business practice.

ferg1
2/7/19

Not only that have no support assistance and the worst hosting service online but also they scam their affiliates not paying them they hard work sending customers to them.Full story about how they scammed me $30,000/year in affiliate commissions can be found at https://wixaffiliateprogram.wordpress.com/

danw294
2/7/19

The reason they have income is because their website is well-known, and they are able to trick newcomers into paying full-price for their horrible services. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. They will charge your credit card without your consent. They have zero customer service representation. Their actual service is subpar. Use squarespace, you're better off.

tracyl164
1/29/19

There is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE HERE. No agents to speak with about website design or cancellation of service. This is a racket that rips people off! I tried cancelling my $120/year "subscription" and I just get sent around in circles on the website - it says I have no account history with them, yet I'm out $360 over the past three years. How can they keep charging me when I'm not getting anything for this service? When I bought the service, I thought it was for a year's subscription, I didn't know it was going to be a locked-in subscription for fricking life!!!!! How can this be legal? I call the customer service phone number and the robot says to go to the website where I will find all my answers. There are no answers. And there is no where I can pose my specific question and post an email where I can expect to get an answer from this lousy "company."

orlaw3
1/22/19

I had a very negative experience with Wix previously. They charged me an annual subscription for a site I cancelled a long time ago.

I tried to remove my billing details from their site a while ago but was unable to do so. (Their site is not user friendly). o in order to avoid being charged again I cancelled my previous card so they would not be able to take another payment. However, although I changed my card details to avoid being charged again, there was a small section in their T&Cs which stated that even if you changed your card details they can still take a recurring payment. When I emailed them to explain there had been a mistake and (as they could obviously see I don't even use the site and haven't for almost a year) did not mean to sign up for another year they refused to give me a refund.

I understand that sometimes these things happen, but sites like Amazon can be pretty reasonable and offer refunds for these mistakes. To think that Wix obviously relies on sneakily taking subscriptions and refusing to refund them even though it's obvious the user isn't using the account, is quite telling of their ethos as a business. Also, the Customer Service experience was dreadful. I would not recommend this site to anyone as there are plenty of blogging sites out there who are more focused on your experience as a customer of theirs and less on wrongfully taking your money.

marquisd2
1/21/19

I'm not sure where Wix gets the nerve to use the term Customer Support. They have certainly not supported me as a customer, essentially telling me to resolve the issue myself. I've repeatedly asked for a "support" contact number and all my request are ignored. Instead, they refer me to the support page, on which the call center has no number, is permanently closed, and there's no option to request a call back. Then I email support to start the circular process all over again.

Although the site builder tool works reasonably well within limitations, the real tragedy here is that I can't rate Wix any lower than one star.

rachelh231
1/5/19

This company is FRAUD. They are refusing to stop taking money from my checking account. I have sent multiple emails telling them to stop and they keep telling me that need more information. I am going to take legal action against them through a law firm and with government agencies. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I'm going to make a web page that comes up when their searched detail the fraud and illegal activities they refuse to stop. Believe me I'm not the only person they are ripping off. Read reviews and other websites about them.

PROTECT YOUR SELF DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

CALL ME FOR MORE INFO @ 209 482-0777

jacquesv6
1/2/19

Watch for an auto renew that you never ask for...wait for the $220 to hit your account. They laugh at you...the last laugh is always had by honest businesses and this one won't stand the test of time. Disgusted.

es99
12/20/18

This company resorts to fraudulent billing. Are they so lame that they can't make money the legitimate way, by providing good services people actually want to pay for? I turned off auto-renew well before the subscription expiration, yet they still refuse to refund money. I have no respect for companies that steal money, rather than provide a valuable service, with good customer service. The depressing side of humanity, bad karma for these people.

jenniferr429
12/3/18

I used Wix years ago when I needed to create a site for my investigations business. It was a great start. If you needed anything additional, you would be charge a nominal fee. Not too high. Not sure if the site is still free. If not, poor WIX.

jenniferc775
11/26/18

I cancelled my subscription with Wix and they still auto renewed on a credit card I ONLY used for Wix. They gave me three days to get them info on a credit card I didn't have or they wouldn't refund me. They can clearly see on their side I haven't logged into my account for a year, and I told them I didn't have access to that credit card. I called the credit card company, ordered a new one and when it arrived I emailed them the details. Because it had been 7 days instead of the 3, they denied the refund and also blamed me for not cancelling all my services individually. They said I only cancelled the premium subscription and I should have cancelled them all one by one in order to not be auto renewed. Terrible customer service, and a terrible policy to give someone THREE days to get them info. Holding a refund on something I clearly cancelled should be against the law.

rulanw
11/7/18

Wix automatically renewed my premium plan without warning or notification and charged me 204 dollars. It is impossible to get in touch with anyone from wix without be rerouted to page after page even when you want to request a callback. You don't actually have the option of getting a callback. You just get shoved to through another hoop. There is no contact e-mail, nothing. I originally used Wix because of the support. I want a refund of 204 dollars and my premium plan canceled.

jamesp711
11/4/18

Shame on you Wix for acquiring bully paradise called deviantART, which should've been left to rot until it stops existing! Acquiring deviantART in my opinion means Wix supports bullying, which is why I won't be using anything, which is related with Wix.

boazr8
11/4/18

I'm using Wix on a daily bases for my 2CENTS UX Design & Strategy site and blog ( https://2cents.co.il ), and I must admit that although the interface is great, and the themes are awesome, there's something disturbing in their sales mechanics (pushing you again and again to upgrade, even though I'm already a paying customer), as well as their offering within the free tools.
It seems like they did the minimum on each feature, just to check each box, and not invest into upgrading and offer a really exciting and rich modules, while promoting 3rd parties to develop premium features, e.g. the gallery module.
I've monitored it for the past 2 years, and nothing changed there (no new capabilities or designs...) It comes with a lame design, very minimal, and if you need something that looks better, you need to pay for a premium feature...

Tip for consumers: Be patient with their often sales ads...

chrise74
10/24/18

I have had Wix for 4 years for my website. It is easier for me to use and update. I had someone help build the website but I wanted to be able to make updates as my business changed. I wouldn't say I was the most tech savvy but I can get by. But they really want you to figure it out yourself and hide the telephone number so it is not a very viable option. When I started the website, I didn't realize that I couldn't update anything on my iPad, which has been a pain in the neck. Even if you want to talk to someone at Wix, they will not call you back if you are not on a desktop. During this time of year, I am away from my "desktop" from 7am until about 10 at night so not going to get this problem solved for a while. I will not be staying with them. Very frustrating.

robertoi3
10/2/18

This website doesn't let you have your independent ownership of your website you are trying to create. They also suck at letting you create your website.

Tip for consumers: Find a different website creater.

wilbertj11
9/27/18

I think whoever came up with wix.com is simply amazing. I love how user friendly the website is and almost everything about it. Of course it has its pros and cons but overall, I think it is straight forward and super awesome

auriela1
9/27/18

I hired a Wix.com "pro" to design my site since the wix app is incomprehensible and unconnected from consistency and any time I was lucky enough to speak to someone they were only a little helpful, but condescending. His name is Rodney L. Bonner with the business name Cardinal Group Marketing Corp.

When I spoke to him the first time, he was friendly and after a few times, he finally got what I was going for on my website and completed some of it well. Then I didn't hear from him and got no answer to my emails or phone calls for months.

When I tried to stop his contributions to my site, I found that he had copied my site and my premium account with wix and put it on his own site with me as the admin so I couldn't get my site back since he was now the owner.

There's really no way to call wix directly. I had to email them and wait for them to call me back on their timeline.Their customer service really sucks. They carry no liability for the people they have on their "pro" list.

I regret ever using WIX and after a year of frustration and expenses I would never recommend them to anyone.

katieh150
9/12/18

After turning off the auto renewal we were still charged the annual fee ($265 CAD). It is impossible to get a hold of anyone or receive any help from their employees. I would highly recommend avoiding Wix or giving them any of your hard earned money.

billp218
8/31/18

WIX is a borderline SCAM.

They will push you through clever wording, positioning, button colors and "Click Here Now" to get you to where they wan't you. My FREE website cost me $84 before I could get out of it. Their customer service was extremely illusive. Call the Support Line, you get sent to a Chat number. Get there and a message directs you to what is essentially email. It's not customer centric. It is misleading and professional "con" centric.

I'm aware of on-line scams and did my best to avoid the overwhelming "up selling" and misdirection. But they tricked me. I want out. Guess what. No so much as evening an order number.

So proceed with caution when dealing with WIX. They are more sly and practice than a "toss the ball at milk bottles" operation at the county fair. Be sure to count your change.

What a group of deceitful people.

rutht64
8/29/18

I cancelled my domain with Wix and received confirmation from them that the domain was cancelled. I also turned OFF the auto renewal for payment of the annual invoice well in advance, but Wix still took the annual subscription of £74.25, plus a further £12.45 even though the domain was cancelled and the auto renewal was switched off. Wix refuse to give me he money back even though it is their mistake. They also are impossible to contact
Do not use these thieves it is a scam!

leec153
8/17/18

I hired a Wix.com "pro" to design my site. Her name is Ana who is contracted through Wix.com under the business name redklover.com.
She sent me a contract that said the site would be finished in 21 days. 2 months passed and she gave me a billion excuses that she was busy. When I emailed her to inquire she said she didnt get my email, but I had proof that she read my message. She was disrespectful and condescending. Finally, she sent me a dummy site which was incomplete. I told her that I needed the completed site so that I can post it. She said I had to talk to Wix.com. They were dismissive to the point of not returning my calls. And there's no way to call them. You have to email and wait for them to call you, which is another clue to the $#*!ty customer service. Finally, they sent me a response by email that they had nothing to do with her building my site and then referred me back to her. So basically the girl that they presented on their site as a "wixpro" stole my money, never gave me a site and suddenly they washed their hands of all liability. Wix is a scam. There are tons of other site out there that does a way better job. DO NOT USE WIX FOR ANY REASON AT ALL. YOU'LL REGRET IT.

valg19
8/7/18

I am not happy with Wix.com. I have spent a lot of time trying to get the SEO section working, and after paying for my premium account, but still cannot get found on Google, or other search engines?. It is beyond frustrating, to now bordering on conspiracy. Actually, I just think that Wix.com is not as updated with their system, as they so loudly proclaim. But seriously, when you have paid for something, you expect to get the service that you paid for. I have other sites that I use for free and GET BETTER SERVICE, than I do with Wix.com. It is so crucial that its SEO editor is working, because why should anyone even bother to sign up with Wix.com and still can't be found in Google searches?. I have totally ran out of patience, because this has affected my business, as you can expect, in a negative way. If people can't find you on the internet, after publishing on Wix.com and still paying for their premium service, then what is the point?. I was also very angry when I found out that instead of the price that it has advertised for its premium plans, I was actually charged $10.00 more!. After contacting wix.com about that, they told me that the prices, that are advertised, is based on their yearly plan. I had opted for the monthly plan and now I am so glad that I did. I can't imagine going through all of this headache for a whole year, with Wix.com. It's system is archaic and not as good as it claims. it is very slow, and with lots of interruptions. I have actually spent a lot of time, trying to get its SEO editor working for me, just so that I can be found in Google searches and IT IS STILL NOT WORKING. This should have been the first feature that works, but it is not. Why am I paying for a website like Wix.com, but can't be found in search engines, because of Wix.com's SEO editor?. The longer that it takes for me to get found by search engines, after signing up with Wix.com, is a sign that this company, is not really up to the competition, no matter how loudly it touts its own claim. This says a lot about Wix.com and its advertising and its customer service.

jamiem139
8/6/18

If you're looking to play around and make a personal website or blog for free, this would be the perfect place to start--before you decide if you want to spend money. Once you decide, you want to spend money to get a domain.. I'd suggest GoDaddy.

andrewg157
7/29/18

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE FOR WEBSITE DEVELOPMENT COMPANY I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED.
THEY ARE UP THERE WITH FACEBOOK AND GOOGLE...
JUST SPENT A WEEK BUILDING A 42 PAGE WEBSITE AND NOW I CANNOT PUBLISH IT...
GO TO CUSTOMER SERVICE AND THERE IS NONE... IT IS JUST QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS, SO IF IF DOESN'T SORT THE PROBLEM YOU ARE EXPECTED TO JUST GO AROUND IN CIRCLES...
SO I WILL TAKE MY MONEY BACK TO SHOPIFY....

49 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Oh dear. I have had a dreadful experiience. I suggest re - reading the reviews, and consider other options.

By J L.

Hi, I apologize for the misleading answer written above. It was not written by a Wix representative. We are a proud & happy company providing a world class website building platform to nearly 60 million users. Wix's work environment is one of the most unique places on the planet. Our nine existing offices span across the globe including NY, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Dnepropetrovsk, and Vilnius. The Wix team includes over 1000 creative professionals (and their dogs) who bring passion, skill and innovation to ensure we provide a product that people love to use. You can find more information here: http://www.wix.com/about/us Feel free to contact us at support@wix.com for further assistance.

By Leah L., Wix Representative

One of the things that really bother me with Wix (besides them being so focused on extracting money from their customers that they tend to forget about everything else) is that they make these changes and do not care one bit to inform their customers that they are going to do this, so all of the sudden one has a site that doesn't function and unless one keeps checking daily whether everything still works as it should, one end up having problems. That's one of the reasons why I'm out and do not plan to use them much longer.

By Mateja M.

Hi, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We'd like to assist you in resolving this error as soon as possible. Please contact us at support@wix.com for further assistance, or call us at 1-800-6000-949.

By Leah L., Wix Representative

Hi Patrick, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Something might be obscuring the links. Contact us at support@wix.com and we'll look into this further. Sincerely, Wix Support

By Diane O.

Hi, You can contact us at 1-800-6000-949 or support@wix.com. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

By Leah L., Wix Representative

I'm having the same issue and want an answer to this as well!

By Marquis d.

I've been trying them for days now, with no luck! The recording first said, that "due to call volume, i would have to call back when they next opened on Monday (feb 13th !!)" which means that they haven't changed their answering message for days! Then I tried this morning, and there is a new recording that saids that they will next be open on Tuesday feb Feb 21st! So.. $#*!. Seriously.. We can't afford to rebuild our whole site again with another service!! And i've/we've had WIX for over 6yrs now..

By STERLING S.

My advice is be careful moving or changing the boxes. True, it is easy to overlap the boxes or move them outside the "cut off zone" where you will see them on the wix editor, but not on the live site. You have to understand that you are creating a page to be viewed on all shapes and sizes of screens, including mobile. It is delicate on the wix editor (be sure you have a good mouse) but the result is excellent across all types of screens. The wix editor is so easy to use (in my humble opinion) that anyone who reads the wix instructions and help files can become an excellent web site designer and promoter.

By Harry H.
Questions? Get answers from the Wix staff and other customers.

5 Photos for Wix