Review of Wix

2601 Mission St.
San Francisco, CA 94140, US
Tel: 1465487705
support@wix.com
Everything you need to create a stunning website!

johnf993
5/15/19

Ok first of all I don't understand why people downvote wix so much simply judging on their customer service. I was also charged 150$ as my renewal of premium plan after my first year, and yes, at first I was furious about that too. But if you guys read what you sign up for... they actually very clearly state that this is what they will do. Maybe its not acceptable for some, but for businesses to thrive, a web page has to be up and running all year long. I understand that.

Anyway, I contacted customer service via e-mail. Explained my situation clearly and requested for a refund. And to be clear, it was just a day after the charge was made and technically my previous years subscription still had 6 days till in would officially expire.
First e-mails were not so helpful as they asked me to contact for official request for refund. So that got me a bit frustrated but I did not give up nor started cursing them(which I believe most people would do) after a long wait for about 3 week I received a mail saying my refund request is approved. And a week later it was refunded. Voila!!

So here you go guys. This is my advice.
1. read what you sign up for. 2. learn to be patient and polite. 3. be reasonable, justify with reason why you think you are right.

And thank you wix, for a making things easy for people and businesses, and for having a reliable, logical customer service (although its a bit slow)

supertechs
5/5/19

WIX took $168 from my credit card without my knowledge. When I called the ph no shown in the billing statement, I was direct to a customer website that doesn't exist. They need to be reported to BBB for their fraudulent dealings

summeri2
4/22/19

Wix took $168 from my credit card and refuses to give me a refund. I'm so sad, I can't afford this and customer service was no help at all. The website builder is actually pretty limited even with the more expensive plans and I'm so frustrated that no one is helping me.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE THIS SITE.

garyb525
4/21/19

Terrible customer service through emails and cannot reach a live person. Tricked me into double billing for a site and hen swiped money contrIbUted to a charity event I had set up. STAY AWAY!!

Tip for consumers: DON'T GO THERE.

balazsr2
3/29/19

Be careful with the auto renewal! I hasn't used my website and I guess the auto renewal was set so they charged my account. They send an e-mail before, but I have a separate e-mail address for the website, and because my project was off I haven't checked my e-mail address. I noticed the renewal after 20 days, and they give only 2 weeks to ask a refund. I explained my situation to the costumer service, but they rejected to give any refund.
A really bad experience!

lorrainev19
3/15/19

Something is going on with this company. Over the past few months, I haven't been able to reach a customer service representative or receive a call back when requested. Unfortunately, I will have to look at other sites. I can't afford to wait for their responses via email.

jenniferm1080
3/8/19

I'm not sure how else to get Wix's attention. I tried to contact customer support when the editor became buggy. It wasn't creating links properly, randomly adding images to background - stupid things, but things the editor shouldn't be doing.

These aren't the things that get answered on a "quick-fix" support page.

Surprised to find no text support - that is common these days.

Phone number for support always receives a "we're closed" message even if I called during published office hours.

Put in email ticket after ticket. Only got one reply back after I took to social media to complain and then the one response was followed by - *crickets chirping* - silence.

Then I received an email today saying my ticket was closed because it was answered!! Like hell it was!

I like some of the nicely designed features of Wix website building, but when my year runs out I'm going to have to switch services. I have a premium plan which means I'm paying their top dollar for a website but I can't get anyone on the phone - or text - or email - or semaphore - when I'm having a problem.

christiec33
3/7/19

I was a customer for a few years. So glad to leave Wix!

They keep charging more every year. A $10 domain is now $50 to renew. A $140 plan is now $270.

Customer service takes a day or longer to respond and usually don't address the issue.

The ecommerce premium plan is a joke. It loads slow, is cumbersome to list products, and has limited features. They updated the store but I couldn't find out if it is any better. They told me I had to rebuild my existing store to use the new one...that's when I decided enough was enough. I'd rather rebuild elsewhere.

The cherry on the wix turd sundae is that even though I transfered both my domains and cancelled, they're still charging me for the rest of the year.

I will forever advise others to avoid wix.

fredh159
3/5/19

Auto renewed website without notice, refused to refund. No way of reaching customer service at 415 639 9034. When you do automated message in several languages mentioning to go to the website for help. SCAM!
WIX will go bankrupt. Matter of time!

naomio14
2/27/19

I cancelled my account with wix before it was due for the automatic annual renewal. I received an email to confirm that it had been cancelled. I was then charged $165 USD to my credit card. Wix refused to return the money to me with no reason given. I could not get it back through my bank either, probably as a didn't realise until some time after the money was taken. I was not able to contact anyone at wix, just got a standard email response that my request for a refund had been denied. I live in Australia so it seems there is nothing more I can do about it. I AM FUMING. I wish I had read the reviews before I gave them my credit card details. I hope this review will stop others from using them.They are crooks.

annalisar1
2/26/19

I haven't had a need to use customer service at all, so I can't speak to that aspect. What I can say is that I was able to put together a portfolio site with a gallery and an shop for printed items with my art on it quite quickly, as someone with experience with other WYSIWYGs. I do think people should know from the get go though, that a free site really just allows you to get things together- the "get your free site with Wix" banner over you site will otherwise scream at your public, pretty much killing your credibility if you're a freelancer or small business. I wish it were a bit more subtle...but that's how they make the moola! Still, I like the toolset... don't want to program the old fashioned way anymore!

lindas1166
2/24/19

I requested a refund for the 168.00 premium plan for a business website that I no longer run since moving out of state. I also do not use the business email and would have no way of knowing that they planned on charging my account. I was not expecting the auto renew that they conveniently place on the account so they don't miss out on a buck.16 days after the charge was placed on the credit card and I was made aware if it, asap I asked for a refund explaining the situation and that the 168.00 was a lot of money to me at this point in time, but they quickly denied it..seriously?!
Since the 168.00 was for 1 year of service, it was reasonable and fair to ask for a refund for a service that does me no good and I have no way of recouping the expense so it is a total loss. Wix doesn't care obviously, so I will never use then again or recommend them to anyone I know, unless they refund me the 168.00 and I will assume someone in their staff just made a bad business decision. Wix has the chance to make things right so I certainly hope they do.

barbaraf281
2/19/19

No way to reach them and there are glitches all over the place. They are completely unresponsive, do not call back, closed their chat and their FB messenger is down as well.

cassies41
2/8/19

This company charged my credit card and are refusing to issue a refund. I've sent email and tried to schedule calls, but they've missed call appointments and their emails are dodging questions. They say they'll respond in 20 business days, which can be over a month. But they're essentially waiting for enough time to pass so you can't dispute the charge with your bank. It's an incredibly shady business practice.

danw294
2/7/19

The reason they have income is because their website is well-known, and they are able to trick newcomers into paying full-price for their horrible services. DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. They will charge your credit card without your consent. They have zero customer service representation. Their actual service is subpar. Use squarespace, you're better off.

tracyl164
1/29/19

There is NO CUSTOMER SERVICE HERE. No agents to speak with about website design or cancellation of service. This is a racket that rips people off! I tried cancelling my $120/year "subscription" and I just get sent around in circles on the website - it says I have no account history with them, yet I'm out $360 over the past three years. How can they keep charging me when I'm not getting anything for this service? When I bought the service, I thought it was for a year's subscription, I didn't know it was going to be a locked-in subscription for fricking life!!!!! How can this be legal? I call the customer service phone number and the robot says to go to the website where I will find all my answers. There are no answers. And there is no where I can pose my specific question and post an email where I can expect to get an answer from this lousy "company."

orlaw3
1/22/19

I had a very negative experience with Wix previously. They charged me an annual subscription for a site I cancelled a long time ago.

I tried to remove my billing details from their site a while ago but was unable to do so. (Their site is not user friendly). o in order to avoid being charged again I cancelled my previous card so they would not be able to take another payment. However, although I changed my card details to avoid being charged again, there was a small section in their T&Cs which stated that even if you changed your card details they can still take a recurring payment. When I emailed them to explain there had been a mistake and (as they could obviously see I don't even use the site and haven't for almost a year) did not mean to sign up for another year they refused to give me a refund.

I understand that sometimes these things happen, but sites like Amazon can be pretty reasonable and offer refunds for these mistakes. To think that Wix obviously relies on sneakily taking subscriptions and refusing to refund them even though it's obvious the user isn't using the account, is quite telling of their ethos as a business. Also, the Customer Service experience was dreadful. I would not recommend this site to anyone as there are plenty of blogging sites out there who are more focused on your experience as a customer of theirs and less on wrongfully taking your money.

marquisd2
1/21/19

I'm not sure where Wix gets the nerve to use the term Customer Support. They have certainly not supported me as a customer, essentially telling me to resolve the issue myself. I've repeatedly asked for a "support" contact number and all my request are ignored. Instead, they refer me to the support page, on which the call center has no number, is permanently closed, and there's no option to request a call back. Then I email support to start the circular process all over again.

Although the site builder tool works reasonably well within limitations, the real tragedy here is that I can't rate Wix any lower than one star.

rachelh231
1/5/19

This company is FRAUD. They are refusing to stop taking money from my checking account. I have sent multiple emails telling them to stop and they keep telling me that need more information. I am going to take legal action against them through a law firm and with government agencies. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM. I'm going to make a web page that comes up when their searched detail the fraud and illegal activities they refuse to stop. Believe me I'm not the only person they are ripping off. Read reviews and other websites about them.

PROTECT YOUR SELF DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THEM.

CALL ME FOR MORE INFO @ 209 482-0777

jacquesv6
1/2/19

Watch for an auto renew that you never ask for...wait for the $220 to hit your account. They laugh at you...the last laugh is always had by honest businesses and this one won't stand the test of time. Disgusted.

es99
12/20/18

This company resorts to fraudulent billing. Are they so lame that they can't make money the legitimate way, by providing good services people actually want to pay for? I turned off auto-renew well before the subscription expiration, yet they still refuse to refund money. I have no respect for companies that steal money, rather than provide a valuable service, with good customer service. The depressing side of humanity, bad karma for these people.

jenniferr429
12/3/18

I used Wix years ago when I needed to create a site for my investigations business. It was a great start. If you needed anything additional, you would be charge a nominal fee. Not too high. Not sure if the site is still free. If not, poor WIX.

jenniferc775
11/26/18

I cancelled my subscription with Wix and they still auto renewed on a credit card I ONLY used for Wix. They gave me three days to get them info on a credit card I didn't have or they wouldn't refund me. They can clearly see on their side I haven't logged into my account for a year, and I told them I didn't have access to that credit card. I called the credit card company, ordered a new one and when it arrived I emailed them the details. Because it had been 7 days instead of the 3, they denied the refund and also blamed me for not cancelling all my services individually. They said I only cancelled the premium subscription and I should have cancelled them all one by one in order to not be auto renewed. Terrible customer service, and a terrible policy to give someone THREE days to get them info. Holding a refund on something I clearly cancelled should be against the law.

rulanw
11/7/18

Wix automatically renewed my premium plan without warning or notification and charged me 204 dollars. It is impossible to get in touch with anyone from wix without be rerouted to page after page even when you want to request a callback. You don't actually have the option of getting a callback. You just get shoved to through another hoop. There is no contact e-mail, nothing. I originally used Wix because of the support. I want a refund of 204 dollars and my premium plan canceled.

jamesp711
11/4/18

Shame on you Wix for acquiring bully paradise called deviantART, which should've been left to rot until it stops existing! Acquiring deviantART in my opinion means Wix supports bullying, which is why I won't be using anything, which is related with Wix.

50 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Oh dear. I have had a dreadful experiience. I suggest re - reading the reviews, and consider other options.

By J L.

Hi, I apologize for the misleading answer written above. It was not written by a Wix representative. We are a proud & happy company providing a world class website building platform to nearly 60 million users. Wix's work environment is one of the most unique places on the planet. Our nine existing offices span across the globe including NY, Tel Aviv, San Francisco, Dnepropetrovsk, and Vilnius. The Wix team includes over 1000 creative professionals (and their dogs) who bring passion, skill and innovation to ensure we provide a product that people love to use. You can find more information here: http://www.wix.com/about/us Feel free to contact us at support@wix.com for further assistance.

By Diane O.

Hi, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. We'd like to assist you in resolving this error as soon as possible. Please contact us at support@wix.com for further assistance, or call us at 1-800-6000-949.

By Leah L., Wix Representative

One of the things that really bother me with Wix (besides them being so focused on extracting money from their customers that they tend to forget about everything else) is that they make these changes and do not care one bit to inform their customers that they are going to do this, so all of the sudden one has a site that doesn't function and unless one keeps checking daily whether everything still works as it should, one end up having problems. That's one of the reasons why I'm out and do not plan to use them much longer.

By Mateja M.

Hi Patrick, I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Something might be obscuring the links. Contact us at support@wix.com and we'll look into this further. Sincerely, Wix Support

By Leah L., Wix Representative

Hi, You can contact us at 1-800-6000-949 or support@wix.com. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

By Leah L., Wix Representative

I'm having the same issue and want an answer to this as well!

By Marquis d.

I've been trying them for days now, with no luck! The recording first said, that "due to call volume, i would have to call back when they next opened on Monday (feb 13th !!)" which means that they haven't changed their answering message for days! Then I tried this morning, and there is a new recording that saids that they will next be open on Tuesday feb Feb 21st! So.. $#*!. Seriously.. We can't afford to rebuild our whole site again with another service!! And i've/we've had WIX for over 6yrs now..

By STERLING S.

My advice is be careful moving or changing the boxes. True, it is easy to overlap the boxes or move them outside the "cut off zone" where you will see them on the wix editor, but not on the live site. You have to understand that you are creating a page to be viewed on all shapes and sizes of screens, including mobile. It is delicate on the wix editor (be sure you have a good mouse) but the result is excellent across all types of screens. The wix editor is so easy to use (in my humble opinion) that anyone who reads the wix instructions and help files can become an excellent web site designer and promoter.

By Harry H.
Questions? Get answers from the Wix staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Wix