Review of Weebly

Weebly reviews

Tel: +1-844-493-3259

leanettet3
1/25/19

The other low raters are correct. The have no customer support if you encounter a problem (and you will), even a simple password reset. It's like the entire Weebly team has abandoned ship. I received email notification that my supposed website account was being automatically renewed, so I tried logging in to cancel it, and my password wasn't working. I requested a reset and no response. So, I requested again, and nothing. Their Support or Contact Us page is useless. Just a drop-list of FAQ. No way to email them directly.

christineh252
7/24/18

I have helped many establish webpages with weebly! They were great!
They are impossible to reach by phone, email yo-yo omg! They removed all my pages after 8 years! High school page, Historical Pages with pictures that cannot retrieve! They say for $80. They will bring my page back! They have my $80. And I still have not gotten the page back! I found an email from hem in spam mail??? I get weebly.com mail, or used too! These folks need to be investigated!

steveb594
6/14/18

I built my website on Weebly back in 2012 for free and have never had to or needed to upgrade because all the features I used were free then and have been for 6 years.......well, today, I was editing my site and went to publish it and it said, I couldn't because my site was using features that weren't on my free plan......and what was this feature??? Well, it was because I have my own domain which I paid for from GoDaddy and I've had it all this time and never had any problems, but NOW, they say I have to upgrade to a paid plan unless I want to become a "sub" domain with their Weebly name in the url.... In other words, it's just their way of fixing things so that I'm forced to pay if I want to stay with them, even though I haven't changed anything or done anything different than I have been doing for the 6 years I've been with them. I wasn't trying to use "new" features or anything.....didn't need them.....but I have to upgrade to a paid plan if I want to use my own domain....even though that wasn't how it was when I built my site and hasn't been how it's been for 6 years, but now they want to milk money out of me! To beat all, for the 6 years they've been hosting my site, they've had their "Get a Free Website by Weebly" motto at the bottom of every page of my site.....I never minded it because I thought it was true, as I had mine and was very pleased, but they DO keep changing things on you and they will change them until you have to pay if you want to continue to play, so to speak. I no longer recommend Weebly to anyone. In fact, I warn everyone, BEWARE!!! If someone will change the rules on people that have been with them for years, they will do it to anyone!! They even had the nerve to tell me that if I didn't upgrade to a paid plan, I wouldn't be able to call and speak to anyone for customer service help......LOL... That's like me telling potential or current customers that I can't help them unless they buy something....... That's great customer service!!!

fuchy
3/19/18

The ball-less/brainless owners/founders of this little shop of horrors must pay quite a few people to write positive articles including five star reviews and post them online as initial searches for "Weebly reviews" portrays a company that you might want to pay in exchange for their services. Then you hit the real reviews from Trustpilot and Sitejabber. The arrogant and belligerent attitude of these life losers would be comical if it weren't so sadly true. Not only is the service itself garbage, but so are all of the CS reps that are in charge of attending to the never ending list of bugs and issues with the Weebly platform. Their a$$wipe staff would rather write long winded, antagonistic attempts at sarcasm than resolve a single customer issue. Run from Weebly as fast as you can.

jamies99
3/4/18

I got my website started on weebly and I it is a cause of constant embarassment. Their builder is buggy to new levels and you will discover unpleasant surprises in your published site that weren't in the preview. They make changing style grossly time consuming, and if anything goes wrong (which happens often) there is NO UNDO BUTTON! Expect frustration even with the easiest of sites. Sometimes their site goes unresponsive and you lose your work. If I could take back all the time I wasted trying to reason with weebly's junk interface, I would be a halfway decent web designer by now. Do yourself a favor and stay away.

mimir4
11/29/17

Ebates is a scam! Just like many other sites online!!! Their so called bonus checks- for $5 now ten! Is a joke! And fake! When I tried it! Years ago! I was disappointed when a cashier couldn't even cash it!- for five dollars! I had to throw it away where it belongs!- in the garbage!!! So don't believe those Tv commercials!-its all lies!!!! Beware!!!!

sarahh281
11/3/17

Biggest regret of the last year is building my site on Weebly. I'm honestly going to go through the time and expense of making a new website somewhere else b/c I can't stomach giving this company any more of my money. The site builder app acts like it's constantly infected with a virus. Every change I try to make has some issue. I. HATE. WEEBLY. Customer service doesn't care and can never solve my problem. Wait today was 56 minutes. Stay away from weebly.

garyb201
10/27/17

It takes almost and hour to get someone on the phone. Multiple calls to their support line each with 30 minutes plus wait times. Before calling I had submitted two help request by email. Never received a follow up, but did get survey emails asking how they did. Really? Last thing, I setup a free site for a friend to see if she liked it. She wanted to upgrade to get a unique domain name and when she did they created a separate account. Now she has a free account with all the content, and a domain name with no content which they won't merge with the free one unless we upgrade that. Essentially trying to double up on the bill. Do yourself a favor and use Wix or GoDaddy which have better support.

gweng9
10/14/17

Have been a Weebly customer for years and today tried to do some editing from my IPad. In trying to delete one image, a whole page of images was deleted in a flash. There is no undo , no are you sure you want to delete 50 images, no warning at all - just gone in a flash. After waiting for 30 minutes on hold I did speak with technical support to find out there is no recovery possible. She did recommend that editing should ONLY be done on a desktop computer. Why you might ask do they advertise this app for editing?????

joannes65
9/25/17

I transferred my domain (and site) to Weebly when my Webs.com site started having major problems. Only the transfer wasn't going through as smoothly as it was supposed to. Things seemed to get hung up for longer than it said it was supposed to. So I emailed Weebly asking for help. The guy who answered was really helpful. He told me Webs was supposed to be doing things from their end that they weren't. We gave it another week. When Webs still wasn't doing their job, he went in and "grabbed it for me" is how he described it. So they get big kudos from me for that.

The site works great. So far, no lag on loading times, the site is always up, etc. The only frustration I've had so far is that that after a while, the site editor will stop responding. I have to completely close my browser and re-open for it to fix itself again.

Chose Weebly over Wix because I tried to build a site with both and I found Weebly easier to figure out. Plus, they were a little cheaper.

My only negative is that the responsive themes you get all look exactly the same. And each one comes with its own set of colors and you can't change them without going into the CSS. I do like that I can go in and fiddle with the CSS, though, to change things like the color of the font on my navigation, but you have to hunt for a lot of them, so it's not really easy.

But the site works and I haven't had any problems on that end. Easy to use.

smileyd4
8/31/17

great experience launching a site,paying for said site With the domain.was going to try and follow a dream to have a site for a business.that business didn't work out.i quit with the dream.stopped using weebly.Opted for No renewal. same thing through paypal.a year goes by and Bam.300$ deducted from my PayPal Credit account.Not banking through paypal. ouch.i called weebly and discussed the issue.Instant refund Back to my PayPal Credit. I thought all was fixed until I had 2 Emails from my Bank.overdraft fees.Why? Because weebly decided to go through PayPal to My bank account attached to PayPal instead to fund the NON EXISTENT website again!!without authorization.i paid the overdraft fees and contacted bank.they said contact paypal and weebly.called weebly.they said they tried charging me 300$ again,because the Domain wasn't canceled.its a Separate fee from your actual purchase of a website. bs.they were told to cancel the account domain/website last week.soo..it cost me an extra 60$ so far because of them..and blamed me for it.Never again.this dream was a nightmare in the end.buyer beware!

jasonb232
7/12/17

Here are a few things I hate (not dislike) about Weebly:
1. slow loading time.
I just make a writing blog, nothing fancy, but it takes ages to get to the editor section.
2. Safari-unfriendly
Forget about loading. You will never get to editor mode using Safari.
3. The company changes features as they please.
4. Lack of support for features that should have existed a decade ago.
There's no option to post images side by side, as confirmed by a Weebly product manager. This is unbelievable. It's a nuisance even for someone with less than 10 photos per post. I can't imagine how those with a photography blog would manage.
I've only used Weebly for less than 1 week and it's an awful experience. I normally don't write reviews online and if I do, it's because I absolutely love or loathe it.

I can't believe that Weebly got so many positive reviews online. That only goes to show how unreliable online reviews are.

Weebly advertises itself as the easiest website platform to use, but is it really easy when you spend a whole day formatting a post and still unhappy with what you achieve?

There's a reason why Wordpress is still the leader in website building. It is certainly not easy to use, but it's more transparent and straightforward if you really put in the effort. With Weebly, not so much. You're asking for frustration.

rayr54
6/10/17

I recently recommended that a friend pay for Weebly and I would set up his site. I have spent so much time investigating to find that basic functionality such as creating buttons with a uniform size and adding text above the menu is not possible without purchasing apps or rewriting the Theme CSS. Even the support reps that I have spoken to were surprised to find that basic functionality is not available. I have just recreated the Home page for the site three times because the content just disappeared or the background image spontaneously expanded. I have also found that I can change the color of some text in a single text box, but when I add new text it will not allow me to change the color. Weebly also freezes and crashes more than I remember in the past. I will work to finish this site but will not recommend it in the future.

bd66
5/11/17

Built a website with this company and things were ok. However, as soon as a problem arose there was NO support, emailing a person was difficult, and one of the apps they promoted not only did not work, they disabled comments on it. Meaning users could not warn others about the fraudulent app. I have already cancelled my subscription but 10/10 would not use again.

logano4
5/8/17

it almost tells you nothing about how it works, like how to change the destination of buttons, it limits you to where you can place pictures, there isnt even an undo button (had to rewrite an entire paragraph because of this) and sometimes it deletes text. although if done right your website can look professinal.

randyd36
5/7/17

They do not answer the phone or respond to emails. The biggest issue is thd store is not compatible with safari browser. So that means you will be SOL on Iphone buyers.. RUN FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ARE A RIPOFF IMO

kristenv4
3/28/17

I have been with Weebly for almost three years. The site is completely full of bugs that they will absolutely not fix. They have been reported over and over. Their customer support service is ignorant to every single issue I have brought up over the years and has gotten worse with time. They claim to have a mobile conversion for their sites, but it does not work. If you sell online and are thinking of opening an commerce store with them, expect ZERO of your customers to be able to buy from you if they try to purchase through a phone or tablet. Their code is not compatible with many operating systems and they are completely clueless about it and when it is brought to their attention, they do nothing. In addition to numerous development issues, they have had hacks that they did not reveal to their customers and have had many instances when they accidentally pushed code that messed up many people's websites, they also never cared to inform customers about that either. I would not recommend Weebly to anyone.

The prices are deceiving and even though they might be slightly cheaper up front on paper, what you are losing in the long run and the product you actually receive is garbage. Even if you pay for the premium product (which says that you will get updates along with what weebly developed) they issue every new trivial update with a price tag next to it, on top of what your annual fee is. When you weigh them against other big commerce site builder providers, you actually pay less buying a service from someone else, but they trick people with their pricing structure and their lies. Getting a Weebly site is basically buying a crappy app and then finding out that even though you payed the premium price, every new cool tool that comes out, (that is provided as part of the service everywhere else) you have to pay extra for on Weebly, often with an additional monthly fee attached. Their products are horrible and their customer service is the worst (literally worst) I have ever experienced anywhere. The bottom line is that they don't care about their customers one bit.

Tip for consumers: AVOID WEEBLY AT ALL COSTS

christinas103
3/7/17

I have been using weebly for my business for about a year now and i have to say weebly sucks. The phone app is HORRIBLE, you constantly run the risk of ruining your website just by making edits on the app. The customer service is horrible, they have no idea how to deal with technical issues, and weebly always has technical issues. I wish I would of looked someplace else before starting things with this company, they are absolutely lazy and a waste.

lawrencec50
2/28/17

When I originally signed up to weebly 5 years ago I felt it was a good investment I could afford. As they have grown their customer base they have reduced the number of functions I paid for. Now I have to upgrade to regain the functions. Recently they downgraded my website because an automatic payment had failed. No warning was sent. Customer service glibly says there are other websites out there if I want to shop around. That did not feel an appropriate response to a loyal customer.
Not recommending them and thinking I may have to pull out and build me a new site.
What a drag.

romang28
2/14/17

Impossible to cancel domain subscription. Spent half an hour without success. No simple button for doing it. Even message to a moderator is stopped. On top, when I desided to delete my account to be on the safe side I had to re-write a simple feedback message 5 times (sic!) just because it dissapeared when I wanted to edit it. Looks like they do everything possible to stop you from leaving them in a sneaky way having a hope that you would not have time before subscription is renewed automatically.

elainec47
2/14/17

What worked well and was good enough a few years ago is awful now. Then when I left their hosting they have refused to refund my unused year+ as a claim that the phone call never happened.

reynardg
1/31/17

EDITED REVIEW:
Mine is adjusted to reflect the latest changes. Pardon the caps in the title. I wish I could rate this company zero stars. File a credit card chargeback if you can.

Apparently I was recently made aware of company takeover, hence the change in the their managements and services. People complaining about Free websites further restricted in functionality and demands for payment to lift them.

However if you are still using their service, there's a chance your account would be SIMPLY BANNED WITHOUT reason. That recently happened to me, and this company shirks off responsibility. I just renewed my subscription for another 2 years earlier this year and Weebly decided to screw me over. Below is the chronicle of the incident:

1) Requested for some site assistance.
2) Received an email response on the matter. Didn't realize my account was suddenly terminated without any email warning/ notification on the same day/ the day after. Took me days later to find out.
3) Responded to the same email. Staff ceased communications with me.
4) Called their number. Ineffective, because the "policy team" doesn't take calls and they only respond via emails. You heard that right!
5) After sending a separate email, the policy team responded. Gave a cookie-cutter statement that my site(s) violated the TOS and the ban would not be lifted.
6) I sent several emails to them demanding an explanation (which sites and what terms were breached). The latest one elicited the same response. "Your sites have violated the TOS and we would not reinstate them."

Attached below is the email conversation. Let them speak for themselves.

As you can see, I was not informed that my sites were disabled and they simply did so and cut me off.

That's Weebly to you now. Messed up company.

If you're still using their service, move your site elsewhere (I highly recommend Wordpress + Elementor plugin). Don't be like me; all my hard work vanish just like that.

God knows what's going on in their minds!

FIRST REVIEW:
I migrated to Weebly from GoDaddy because of the good reviews. Initially everything went smoothly, until the editor broke itself.

Because the customer service reps do not support customized CSS (not all of us would want to stick to the preset templates), you're pretty much on your own. Whether an element deleted itself or the codes break, manual backup is the only way to avoid getting screwed. Because once that happens, there's no turning back.

Changes are irreversible and did I mention that they would stay even if they have not been published yet?

Tip for consumers: Do not use, period! What's worse than horrendous service? Getting banned without reason!

If you're a credit card holder, file a chargeback as long as your subscription payment was made within the last 120 days. Don't let them steal our money!

nicoleb130
1/10/17

I have been trying to contact Weebly for 10 days. Each time I call I am placed on hold for more than 30 minutes without a customer service rep answering. I have also tried to submit a support ticket but I am not able to as each time I hit submit, a pop up shows up stating your ticket has not been submitted try one of these topics. This all started when I was unable to login to my website, I attempted to reset my password but I kept getting an error message. That's when I tried contacting Weebly to resolve this issue. I also needed to cancel/deactivate my website before another year of charges showed up, however since I have not been able to contact them for the past 10 days, that charge has gone through. They state that they have a live chat but that is also non-existent.

non223
1/2/17

In general, a company's ustomer service trumps the actual product offered, at least for me. Weebly's live service is pretty much non existent now, and the average response back via email takes 4-5 days... if they even ever respond at all. There seems to be no accountability in regards to customers' issues being handled.

Their actual site is buggy but not incredibly so, some decent features on it but I'm sure there are a lot of similar companies with a decent web builder who also have better customer service.

brockl6
12/15/16

This website sucks I hate it and i can't believe how triggered it makes me!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Weebly does allow facebook marketing on their site. You should take a look at their complete Terms of Service, the most important restriction on advertising is: (q) include more than three ad units per page, or any advertising that greatly reduces the usability of the site. So, you would need to be careful about how many banners you include. That being said, many of Weebly's templates work really well with affiliate sites. The ability to insert HTML and Javascript files gives you a lot of flexibility. I've created a couple of demo sites that show how you can use affiliate data feeds on a Weebly site. You can see them here:http://www.webbuildersguide.com/website-builders-reviews/weebly-review/

By Vlad K.

I am trying to get some pre-sign up answers from Weebly but nobody there responds my tickets. I will past below the tickets: Limits and permissions of the Starter plan (doubts) (Yesterday at 04:12) Hello, while I am waiting your answer I have editted and added a new doubt in my text below. Please, can you clarify me some doubts about the Starter plan? 1- How about my earnings on Adsense? I read that 50% is for Weebly Company. I prefer earn 100% for me. 2- Limit of 3 Adsense ads per page? Or 3 including other ads eventually? 3- I sell my own PDF e-book by links to PayPal and brazilian PagSeguro, besides deposit into my bank account, via e-mail. I don't use a online store to sell it. I am planning to create and sell 1 or more e-books more, by the same method of PayPal and PagSeguro or direct deposit into my bank (mainly by my country’s people - Brazil. Is it permitted? 4- I have donation buttons of PayPal in my present homepage, in other hosting. Can I maintain them at Weebly? 5- Which is the limit of pages in my website, in the Starter plan? Unlimited? 6- I use embedded Youtube vídeos in some of my pages. Is it permitted? I cannot sign up the other more expensive plans now. I already have a registrar for my domain. My site is www.eurooscar.com and my e-book page is http://www.eurooscar.com/saude1/indice1.htm Thank you in advance for your answer. Best regards. Euro Nogueira And I wrote them again (Today at 14:58): Hello, I am still very interested in sign up with you, but I am still beeing deceptioned with your silence. I seems you are refusing me as a new member. It is normal to have some doubts pre sign up. Please tell me something about my questions. Thanks again. Best regards. Euro Nogueira

Questions? Get answers from the Weebly staff and other customers.

7 Photos for Weebly