Review of Web.com

West Jacksonville, FL 32258, US
droneteam@web.com

jessicak273
7/8/19

Every time I have called in the representative has been very rude my boyfriend and I created a account for a business we were trying to start was very complicated called to cancel it being charged to MY credit card but they wouldn't let me cancel it and continues to take money from my account until my boyfriend gave them a call back to just say his name I had the phone number on file email everything to be responsible to cancel this account they are very unorganized and rude I do not recommend this company to anyone I was promised a refund because I finally canceled the services and they have not refunded anything and I am currently on the phone with them to get the refund since I'm being charged for a month I have not used I canceled my account before hand and they're not giving me it back. Pain in the butt

giovannig20
6/25/19

My website is basically down 4 times a month and its been going one for more than one year now and webs (webs.com) just cannot fix it. One time it was down 48 long hours, I was going completely nuts. If you want to use webs to built your website and to have them up and running it for you, let me tell you that they can help you build it but they cannot maintain it online for more than one week without having it down. Customer service, does not care fyi.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Giovanni G., we regret to hear of your negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. Please send an email to listen@web.com and include your account information as well as contact information and someone will reach out to you. Falling short of meeting your expectations is not to the standards we strive to achieve, and we humbly ask for the opportunity to make this right. Thank you for providing this information so we can improve upon our services. We hope to hear from you soon. -The Customer Experience Team
dough196
Doug H.
6/21/19

kind of hard to navigate through the process, However at 4:00am i was able to reach this point. Thank you

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Doug H., we sincerely thank you for the positive review! Feel free to reach out to us if you need anything. Have a wonderful day. -The Customer Experience Team
alanm340
Alan M.
6/19/19

Would like to pay through PayPal. Don't like giving out my card number although you seem to have it before I entered it.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Alan M., thanks for taking the time to leave a review. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if there's anything more we can do! -The Customer Experience Team
harolds106
5/27/19

They are very responsive to my WEB site updates request. I have no experience with WEB site maintenance so this is a BIG PLUS for me!

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Harold S., we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience with Web.com. We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up.
-Web.com Customer Experience Team
timothyb225
5/26/19

I registered at web.com to test their website building platform, it wasn't what I was looking for, I left only to see a charge of $55.35 several weeks later on my credit card, customer service was not interested in resolving the issue,

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Timothy B., we are disappointed to see your low star rating. If you could provide more information to us, we would be more than happy to try and make this situation better. Please reach out to us at: listen@web.com. Please be sure to provide any account identifiers.
-Web.com Customer Experience Team
simonh152
5/18/19

Web.com used to provide dofollow links in their directories. After set up I noticed none were dofollow so I requested cancellation. I received a written promise to ensure dofollow links

However, now they started taking monthly payments and the written promise was not kept, and no money returned

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Simon H., we regret to hear that your experience with us was not a more positive one. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at listen@web.com to discuss this further. Please be sure to provide any account identifiers so that we may assist you.
-Web.com Customer Experience Team
sherryc164
5/12/19

Web.com is the MOST INFURIATING COMPANY TO WORK WITH!!! I have no doubt they will quickly delete this post but it is pretty much what I would expect at this point considering they are the masters of passing the buck. I have had nothing but problems with Web as of late such as website being down and email not functioning. Each and every time I try to correct the problem, I cannot log into my account I have to submit and PW reset. Each time I call into Web.com it is a good 1 to 3 hours on the phone being transferred to another department who in turns transfers me again still but NO ONE can solve my issues. They just pass the problem (me) onto someone else. Do not even get me started on the logging in issue. The last time I tried to reset my password, it took 8 days before the password reset link come through. 8 DAYS? Seriously???? Then to top it off, the reset never worked. I had to guess my password of the past to finally get into my account. Those I spoke with were never able to help me resolve this issue. I had to solve it myself. I feel like billing Web.com for my time on the phone with them. I will soon be moving my website. I know Web.com could care less since I am small potatoes but it is my prerogative and I will use. it.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
We are disappointed to hear that you did not have a more positive experience with us at Web.com. Falling short of meeting your expectations is not to the standards we strive to achieve. Thank you providing this information so we can improve upon our services.
-Web.com Customer Experience Team
shawnm228
5/8/19

Very helpful and insightful . He was very thorough in explaining what would be help to my business.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Shawn M., thank you for your kind words and this wonderful review! We're glad to hear we delivered such a great experience. If there's anything further we can do for you, we are happy to help!
- Web.com Customer Experience Team
reneek181
5/1/19

My tip off should of been you can not see full samples of sites. Turns out its a middle man for WORDPRESS. So you pay web.com thats also some company named Network Soultions.

At no point when i signed up was i told its wordpress only, that my information would not be private and that if you want full control you are going to pay extra.

Paid 251.00 for 2 years up front.
Could not get a template to work or go full edit.
I would always see if i wanted to go pro or i could keep with them demo. I supplied pictures. You see the 2 different templates, there are limited things you can change unless you PAY MORE as the 3rd picture shows.

Since signing up, i am bombarded with text and phone calls about this site. What has happened is they posted my information out there, and if i woukd of paid 10.00 more and kept paying that each year they would keep my info private. WHAT!!! Wix.com doesnt do that! Who does this??

Want to not use wordpress and use a site builder. It will cost you more.

Basically the price is not what you pay.

Avoid!! Go to wix.com

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Hi Renee K., thank you for taking the time to let us know about your recent experience. We are disappointed to hear that you are not satisfied. Please contact us at (904) 680-6600 when you have an opportunity, and we will be more than happy to try and turn your experience around.
-Web.com Customer Experience Team
lindaf531
4/29/19

Always fearful of relinquishing control of our website, Zeke and Marty helped me understand the benefits of having a managed website. SEO rules constantly change and was always a challenge. Having web.com take this over is huge. Just starting the process, I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do to make our site more relevant.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Linda F., we are so happy to read such a great review about Web.com! We are always more than happy to assist you. Your comments will be past along to our team members. Take care!
jamesr861
4/23/19

I recently received a call from web.com stating that our company cc has denied payment
When reaching out to the overall pathetic customer service agent I informed them that my website is fully functioning and my provider is GO Daddy
I said my previous web site from web.com has been inactive for more than 18 months
I was informed by the stellar customer service rep at web.com that my domain name expired 18 months ago but was still charged 18 months for an inactive web site .
Let's just say your customer service skills are pathetic and your billing is out right thievery
Stay as far as you can from this company
I pay almost 10x more with Go Daddy but I know I am protected with outstanding customer service any a company that does not steal from me for over 18 months

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
James R., we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around. We would like to work towards a resolution, so if you are willing, please reach out to us at (904) 680-6600 to discuss this further.
- Web.com Customer Experience Team
charlesp274
4/19/19

I'm capable of designing my own site, and have done in the past, but I am too busy to keep up with changes & management. Web.com will take care of everything for me and give me a great personalized site with no technical worries. My rep, Julie O., was very thorough and made me feel confident that all my requests were noted. I now know that my site will be easily discoverable on all search engines, and my web presence will be stronger than before.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Charles P., we're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with our team! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case during your visit. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out!
- Web.com Customer Experience Team
idat19
4/12/19

Ask questions for great answers from a knowledgeable representative. He was courteous and friendly.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Hi Ida T., we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call. Have an awesome day!
-Web.com Customer Experience Team
annemarieb22
4/11/19

While browsing for website developers, it is my good fortune to discover and work with Web.com. My new website is personal, not a company, with the challenge of integrating 3 very different topics. My technical experience is limited, so I had to ask a lot of questions and the support was in real time and professional. Each phone call was answered promptly and passed to qualified specialists to resolve the issue. My concerns were listened to as one-to-one conversations, sometimes lengthy. The final result is my personal e-commerce website with reports and e-books; and, I'm excited to continue using their marketing expertise. Wish to thank all the agents and modification experts for helping to make a dream come true.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Hi Annemarie B., we are very happy to have provided you with such a positive experience! Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you.
- Web.com Customer Experience Team
rogers373
4/9/19

Stay on your toes with the billing. Twice they billed me for services I didn't want. When I repeatedly advised them of their error they shunted my concern to their finance department whom I could not speak to directly and who replied by email in a few days with a standard "refund denied" response. No explanation, and no chance for rebuttal.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Roger S., we regret to hear that your experience with us was not a more positive one. Please reach out to us at (904) 680-6600 so we may assist you with your concerns.
- Web.com Customer Experience Team
virginijas
4/3/19

I made the huge mistake of getting involved with this company for a few hours. I paid them 4 figures to get help for my business website, as soon as I received a call from them I was told just what little assistance I will get. I emailed them immediately to cancel our contract 5 HOURS after I had paid them. They said they have started work and have to this day refused to refund the money. I am currently in court proceedings trying to get my money back. Save yourselves and don't have anything to do with them!!!!

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Virginija S., we're disappointed to hear of the negative experience you had with our company. Please reach out to us at (904) 680-6600 when you can so we can address this situation directly. Thank you and have a great day.
timg377
Tim G.
4/2/19

Overall, fine. The price change "fine print" rather took me by surprise when I was going through the registration process the first time. It would've helped that the hosting tier page would indicate that the referenced prices are 1-month promotional prices.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Hi Tim G., we appreciate your honest feedback, as we are always looking for ways to improve. Thank you so much again for your feedback! We hope you have a great day!
- Web.com Customer Experience Team
scottd279
Scott D.
3/29/19

I felt like Marty took his time to understand our business,
so he could get to know what my business is about
and he would be able to do a better job building my website.
I felt it was a good experience and enjoyed talking to him.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Scott D., we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see you had such a positive experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!
- Web.com Customer Experience
williamt349
3/26/19

I believe they provide great services for the Internet. They know their field and are to show
that they are the best

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
William T., we're happy to hear you had such a positive experience with our team! Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!
jorged54
3/24/19

I dealt with Josh initially, to help me determine what my actual business needs were. Next I was transferred to Marty who spent over an hour on the phone with my partner and I. Both Josh and Marty asked us questions about our business, plans, objectives and services. In some instances they were asking us questions that we ourselves had not thought to ask, but that were highly relevant to our business. At one point the call got disconnected, and within less than 1 minute we received a call-back from the same person who was helping us in the first place. Attention to detail was evident, and it became obvious that these guys actually cared to deliver a product that would be an asset to our business, and would help us grow.

Having a third party asking tough questions about our business was eye-opening, and it reminded us that (in business) it sometimes pays to pause and find out "what you don't know". Extremely professional throughout.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Jorge D., we strive for 100% satisfaction, and it is great to see that you had such a positive experience. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you; we are more than happy to help!
kevinl392
3/13/19

This is the best advertising agency for me. The staff are very intelligent and helpful with everything i need. I made the mistake of trying another agency boy was that a mistake. Thank you Julie O for your help and professionalism.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Hi Kevin L., thank you so much for your positive comments about Web.com! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call. Have an awesome day! ^LS
janes412
3/8/19

Karen put me at ease immediately. She answered all my concerns. I can't wait to see the final product.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Jane S., your satisfaction is our top priority. Please don't hesitate to reach out if there's anything additional we can do for you. ^LS
kculturef
3/6/19

KCulture Fashions is an upcoming fashion line that will cater to every women needs! At K.C.F. we are committed to opening up the sexy,fierce,beautiful and confident attitude that all women posses.

samuelb149
2/22/19

Today, I spent a few hours with the Web.com team. I really enjoyed my experience as I spoke with knowledgeable, fun, intelligent people who really understand what they are presenting and can present the information in a way that works for the customer. I was impressed with their listening skills and their ability to offer suggestions and converse with you about what it is that you are trying to accomplish. I have been a customer for three years now, and I feel as though they have figured out how to bring quality to a service that is very important for business owners.

Tip for consumers: Make sure that you know what you want, or can think fast on your feet, because they really know their stuff and will challenge you to be prepared and ready.

Response from Linda S., Web.com Representative
Samuel B., we're glad you had such a wonderful experience with us! Our team strives to deliver an excellent experience, and are glad you found this to be the case. If you have further needs or questions, please reach out! ^LS

We are located in Australia and trying to make contact is virtually impossible. They don't respond to emails, Calling them is an expensive international phone call, The time zone is completely different so I had to call at some ungodly hour of the morning, they are not friendly and find dealing with customers a big pain. They offer no real value and have no idea of what customer service is.

By Richard H.

By Tricia T.

Hey there Mira - if you call into our customer support lines at 1-866-655-7679 we'd be happy to help! ^MB

By Mike B., Register.com Representative

Hi Kim! We do have an affiliate program, more info here: https://www.web.com/partnerships/affiliates ^MB

By Mike B., Register.com Representative

Hey - we'll need a bit more information to answer this question (type of site, etc.) - feel free to call us and we can help at 1 800 932 4678. ^MB

By Mike B., Register.com Representative

Cuthbert - we'd be happy to reach out and discuss pricing for a website for your salon! Depending on your needs, you could have a website that you self manage from $22.95 a month (with a few dollars for the first month). Feel free to reach out to us at 800 WEB HOST, check out this link https://www.web.com/make-your-own-website or private message us your phone number and we can reach out to assist. Let us know if you need any more assistance! -Mike

By Mike B., Register.com Representative

Taylor, You can call into (844)-479-9729 and we'll help you with this! -Mike @ Web.com

By Mike B., Register.com Representative

Hi Arif, Sorry to hear this! Please use this link to contact us and we will take care of it for you: http://feedback.web.com/e63t/ Sincerely, Executive Support

By Executive S.

Hi Ashleigh, Just now seeing this! Hopefully, you were able to connect with one of our reps online, but if not, please use this link to contact us and we will take care of this for you! http://feedback.web.com/x1tk/ Sincerely, Executive Support

By Executive S.

Questions? Get answers from the Web.com staff and other customers.

15 Photos for Web.com