Review of Web.com

West Jacksonville, FL 32258, US
droneteam@web.com

ishmaeli
8/18/18

Please dont try this. They will add more charges which they cant even explain. They just $#*!ed me up...their customer support is worse

sophiak29
8/17/18

You'll get Better skills and service going thru McDonalds. Lol
Web.com is terrible. Not just terrible. -But Very terrible!
The People on here who are listing five stars must work for web.com Lol
Staff ... Failure to follow thru. Lack of Communication. Confused. Reps. provide wrong details. They either Lack company training, or they are just Lazy to follow thru.

danilob11
8/16/18

I never post bad review, but web.com doesn't deserve any good reviews the good ones probably are fake.. very bad customer service, the website doesn't looks good better do it yourself! If you don't know how to do it try to invest more for your website! I end up spend £250 and £30 a month for a very crap website and custmers services and very stress all the time about my website.

elizabethh322
8/13/18

Theresa was so very through and insitefull as she interviewed me to gather information for my updated site.
Gave me great ideas and opened my eyes to options I had not thought of.

andreag174
Andrea G.
8/12/18

When it came to making an educated purchase, I spent more time guessing. When I went to look up the pricing guidelines, it opened up the same page I was already on.

steveh520
8/11/18

I signed up for a three month marketing campaign. I paid for the three months ahead of time and they cut the setup fee to 250. After the three months were up they kept charging the monthly price of 1000.
They said they have a recording telling me I had to call in to stop the charges. I am out 2k.
left a bad taste in my mouth. The marketing did not work for me.

Response from Mike B., Web.com Representative
Hey Steve - we're sorry to hear that there was some confusion regarding when/how billing occurs on our marketing accounts. Normally these payments coincide with ad spend, so the window for cancellation can be somewhat narrow. I'd be happy to hear more about your issues if you'd like to email me at mbenson@web.com
deloresr7
Delores R.
8/11/18

i was very pleased to be able to start my web page and to find it was so easy to do thanks to your shopping and wonderful web site help

matthewk129
8/9/18

Though she only had a brochure I had written up and a conversation with me over the phone, Julie was able to draft a website that captured the information I wish to convey there. She is really good at listening and delivering on what was discussed. Maybe her last name should be O'blessed. Thanks so much Julie!!

barryb150
8/6/18

This company provides knowledgeable, efficient services to ensure maximum visibility of your company.

erinj58
8/3/18

Well I suppose you truly do get what you pay for. I took the special for $3 for the first month and I got a domain and the website builder with built in email and hosting. The website builder was the most simple builder I have ever seen. I think a child would need more customizations to there site than this company offered for their builder.

Response from Mike B., Web.com Representative
Hey sorry, thanks for the feedback regarding our website builder. If you'd like to share specifics, please feel free to email me at mbenson@web.com.
shawndellh
Shawndell H.
8/2/18

The content seems very exceptional, and the price seems to be designed for someone in my financial condition. Thank you for that really.

jillc141
8/1/18

I need to update my website as I lost all control of my old website. It got to the point that I could not even sign in to do updates and make changes as needed. This started in April (they had a work ticket assigned to my issue for almost 3 months with no resolution... I have been with Web.com for the past 9 years. So it is now August and I still am unable to access my website myself. I decided to call to upgrade...after speaking to 3 people, I finally was connected to Ralph. He was very informative and helped me get to what I was looking for. Then I was transferred to Robin, who was very knowledgeable as well, to start the initial set up. I will wait to see how the new site is set up. I hope to have it run smoothly as it once did. Time will tell.

dinetricc
7/31/18

Theresa. And Tim did a outstanding job. The made me feel comfortable with my decision choice Web.com

annetteh71
Annette H.
7/29/18

The system stated that I entered an invalid card number although it was correct. So I ended up calling my bank just now who verified my card was in good standing so this was a bit of an inconvenience seeing that I had to enter the payment information 3 - 4 times before the system accepted my payment.

vickisb
Vickis B.
7/28/18

This is my first time doing anything like this and you helped to make my experience a delightful and exciting as well as an easy creation. I am on my way to building my very own website! Yay! Thank you!

gisselled1
7/25/18

Web has billed me wrongfully over and over. I had a former employee calling me because web had been charging them as well. They will just pull money from where ever they can. I also had an employee of web code Into my website a girls face all over the empty space. It took me 1 month and 6 phone calls to get it removed. When I told the manager what had happened, he said it was because I was not paying for their advance custom website. This is a terrible website company! Please save yourself and your domain. Getting your domain back from web is one of the hardest things to do.

Response from Mike B., Web.com Representative
Hey there Giselle, we're sorry to hear you're having issues with your website. Please contact me at mbenson@web.com and I'll help resolve. Thanks! ^MB
lindam850
7/23/18

In Nov. of 2017 I had my "do it for me" website set up. When I spoke to the initial sales agent, I mentioned that I wanted to wait a few day and call her back to get started, because I wanted my card to be debited at a certain time of the month. I explained further, that as long as I was charged between the 4th thru the 10th of the month everything would be fine. The agent NEVER mentioned that their billing cycle is every 28 days, which means that the billing dates will always change. I didn't find this out until after I gave my card info, and was told I would have to purchase several months in total (4) inorder to be billed on the same date every month. I should have cancelled then, but I liked the design of the website.
In June of this year 2018, I decided to purchase their "Rapid SSL" service so that my website url pages would not show "mcssl" before my store name. They immediately charged me the $69 and told me it would take between 24-48hrs to complete. I called periodically to get updates on when my site would show as a secured site, with the little padlock icon and also removing that "mcssl" from my pages. When I called on 7/13/18, I was told by the agent that it had been done. However, when I checked my "shop now" page, it still showed an "unsecured" url and the mcssl was still on that page and I later found out that when I entered an item in my "search" page, that too came up as unsecured with the "mcssl" still showing. When I called back to report this on 7/18/18, their team would work on this. My question at this point to the agent was When they applied the "rapid ssl" on my home page, why didn't this team of computer experts check each one of my pages, especially my "Shop Now" page and "Cart" page to make sure these showed as secured sites?? So, I was given a ticket number and told it would be escalated!!! I had heard that before back in June, when I first started this! Since 7/18/18, the "Shop Now" page now shows a being "secure" but, has been unavailable showing none of my product images, and my "Search" page shows the items and images, but still shows as an "unsecured" area. I am so sorry that I didn't cancel after I found out about the changing billing cycle..The agents are mostly polite, but today when I called to get an update on when my site will be back up, I was told by the agent that he couldn't give me an update and he also could not tell from his end if anyone was even working to resolve my issue!

Response from Mike B., Web.com Representative
Hey Linda - we're sorry to hear that your experience with us wasn't as smooth as we'd have liked, and would like to help! Please email me directly at mbenson@web.com, or private message me via Sitejabber and I'll be happy to assist. ^MB
maryl673
7/23/18

I have been with Register.com,.now web.com, for over 10 years. I recently decided to update my site. I found both the sales agent and the new account consulting team to be knowledgeable and helpful in getting me the services that will maximize my reach to customers at the lowest cost. They were patient in explaining options and offering recommendations. My only difficulty was in getting back to the design team member that I originally worked with. All calls go to a general number that means you may have to repeat yourself to a new team member each time.

joel248
7/20/18

I just absolutely wasted $6000 that I could not afford to! The promises, the lies, the lack of support and the out and out unsympathic employees and management surpass anything I have witnessed in all my years. IF YOU USE THIS COMPANY YOU WILL REGRET IT!

Response from Mike B., Web.com Representative
Hey Joe - I've private messaged with you my contact info, and would like to see if I can help! ^MB
tatumk
7/12/18

Dhivta and Teresa were amazing in inquiring into my business and understanding what I may be looking for. I connected with them, and really they are the reason I moved forward with my marketing dollar with Web.com.

anthonym413
7/12/18

I spoke with Chris for over an hour as he not only asked me questions about what I'm wanting to do with my business, but showed actual interest in making my web site what I want while also providing helpful information that can make it better. I haven't even seen a begining view of what my site will look like, but I can already say I feel it will be exactly what I need. Chris asked deep, in depth questions, far beyond what I expected and with that I can tell he isn't just trying to hurry thru and do a quick design, but rather he is putting himself into his work.

joeb540
7/10/18

He spent several hours on the phone with me. I mean a couple Friday evening and almost all day Saturday. Nobody does that. We made a good plan for my next website.

lizbeths2
7/9/18

excellent in every way, the consultation was very professional, and the attention completely professional and kind

richardb786
7/5/18

They also go by Lead Stream. They charge you to create a website that is generic that you don't get to keep. They create a "new" phone number that they use to track leads. The problem is that when even your current clients look you up on-line, they use that number and then web.com calls it a lead. Also, tele-marketers call on that "new" number and they are considered leads. After less than 1 week, we asked for our money back. They told us we could have 2 out of the 3 months back. They were going to call us back in 48 hours. They never did. We had to call them back at almost the 1 month mark to find out where our money was and they said they reviewed all of the recorded tapes and they did nothing wrong and they had already spent all of the money and we would get no refund. Finally, they called back and said they did some more reviewing (after they were told we never had the complete setup call nor got a dashboard or anything) and that we would get a full refund. We went a full month without a single lead. They will tell you on the marketing call "how did we get this big without doing something right?" Well maybe, that have helped a lot of people, but you can take people's money and get big without helping them. Furthermore, after 1 month, we were not at the top of the list on Google, Bing, or Yahoo. The phone number ONLY changes to the "new" number on Google. They are affiliated with Google. All I am saying is BEWARE!!!

Response from Mike B., Web.com Representative
Hey Richard - we're sorry you had a poor experience with our Lead Stream product, and we''d like to hear more about your experience. If you'd like to email me directly at mbenson@web.com I'd be happy to help! ^MB
frankc292
7/5/18

Lindsaye.VanMerlin at web.com absolutely was the reason I chose to sign up for your service immediately and she sold me on Facebook services also, I dont feel tricked into something I feel like she cared to help me grow my business to provide a good life for my familys future and my newborn babys future as well. What an amazing lady, one of those people you hope cross your path in getting through day to day life. Teressa Robinson, also a very amazing lady who handle my website and Facebook needs to a absolute ten of positivity and patience with detail to accuracy and demonstrated very intelligent skills as she realizes the roll she plays in peoples lives at the moment she is speaking with you in building your website, changing your future, and creating a long lasting business relationship of success and positive. Thank you Ladies. You are both Amazing at your jobs. Thank you
Frank Czuprynski of MillenniumPlasterFinishes.com

Hi! I placed a complaint with the BBB for web.com's thieving practices. I ended up getting a total of $369 back within a week. BBB will ask what you think is a resolution. and i said $375 & closed account , really closed. This time I asked BBB to open an investigation and penalty paid to consumers for each time they force an account holder to call them.The more we keep BBB informed the better!

By Lora M.

By Tricia T.

Hi Kim! We do have an affiliate program, more info here: https://www.web.com/partnerships/affiliates ^MB

By Mike B., Register.com Representative

Hey - we'll need a bit more information to answer this question (type of site, etc.) - feel free to call us and we can help at 1 800 932 4678. ^MB

By Mike B., Register.com Representative

Cuthbert - we'd be happy to reach out and discuss pricing for a website for your salon! Depending on your needs, you could have a website that you self manage from $22.95 a month (with a few dollars for the first month). Feel free to reach out to us at 800 WEB HOST, check out this link https://www.web.com/make-your-own-website or private message us your phone number and we can reach out to assist. Let us know if you need any more assistance! -Mike

By Mike B., Register.com Representative

Taylor, You can call into (844)-479-9729 and we'll help you with this! -Mike @ Web.com

By Mike B., Register.com Representative

Hi Arif, Sorry to hear this! Please use this link to contact us and we will take care of it for you: http://feedback.web.com/e63t/ Sincerely, Executive Support

By Executive S.

Hi Ashleigh, Just now seeing this! Hopefully, you were able to connect with one of our reps online, but if not, please use this link to contact us and we will take care of this for you! http://feedback.web.com/x1tk/ Sincerely, Executive Support

By Executive S.

Questions? Get answers from the Web.com staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Web.com