Review of WhitePages

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

patricec8
5/19/17

I did a search and came up with a result that was totally incorrect. I called and of course they refused to give a refund. Do not use this service it is a total rip-off

brigittas
5/14/17

My husband is a top official with the department of corrections and I have requested several times that my information be removed from their website and still I see it out there with my name and address. There should be a law against not having your information out there if you opt out but it just keeps popping up. The fact that they keep posting our information on the site puts us at risk. Eventually felons do get parole.

carla575
5/10/17

White pages is a scam and by posting peoples private information they encourage scams being done on the public. They should be shut down by the states attorneys office. Companies like this are a scourge on the public.

lisac298
5/5/17

This company is a scam.They took advantage of me while I was out of state and had a death in our family.

I was trying to find my dad's oldest sister and apparently signed up and/ or didn't cancel on time. When I realized in December 2016 I was being charged I called and explained and was told it would be cancelled and refunded. They were courteous. I thought it was the end of it.

Recently, in a review of my finances and checking account while applying for a mortgage, my credit union alerted me that I'd had SIX MONTHS of charges. SIX MONTHS of $29.95 for a service I didn't want and cancelled- or was told it was. Now I call and was told that I signed up and it's all valid. I pressed and the representive blamed me and said well, we send a cancellation email and if you don't have one, you must not have called and it's not cancelled.

After disputing this repeatedly, she agreed to cancel and credit back two of the six months. I did not want that but I accepted it, and received my cancellation emails. So what did I get in return? The very next day, I had two months of credit and ANOTHER $29.95 charge.

A SEVENTH month charged. I called and another rep said well, you ordered this 10/3/16 so your May payment had already been processed. I tried to explain that the rep never mentioned that at all and I was continually blamed. I was told they creditors me two months, April and May.

I said look, I would not have agreed to another charge, that is absolutely wrong and riduculous, to be honest. Their CSR continued to spin his 'we can verify your IP address when you signed up'. I was appalled. I should not have to explain again and the rep basically blamed me for the fact that THEIR company doesn't show I called.

I'm filing an official complaint with my credit union and they are going to pursue this as fraud. I'm also calling an attorney and have complained on their website. I'll be reporting them to everything I can. I explained I don't even have a home phone and I know how to look up phone numbers for free, I did it for my job in a hospital billing office for YEARS!!

I would NEVER pay $30 per month to search for a phone number.

This is how they make their $, prey on people, count on them to make a mistake, blame them for their mistake and then make it as difficult as possible to cancel, all the while continuing to withdrawal the payment out of my bank.I'm going to change my account number I've always had and I'm livid that it has come to this.

malindai
5/3/17

Seeing this sight is unreasonable because people might even be reported because the are just wandering around. NOT TO MENTION THAT IT DOESN'T GIVE YOU AN EXACT REPORT OF THE PERSON'S NAME OR NUMBER!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!

maryj275
4/29/17

WhitePages keeps saying "My Team" is violating their terms of service and trying to make me upgrade to Pro. Only problem is, "My Team" is a figment of their imagination. I've explained to them previously that I use their site to verify info for my family tree, and that I am only 1 person and not a team!

Tip for consumers: Don't use them more than once a day, or they'll try to force upgrade you too!

aj564
4/1/17

Out of curiosity I googled myself and found me on the site. It lists me in 4 different places and when I click the one that is closest to the truth of my information and where I live it claims it found information on me be on a sex offender list, aggravated assault. I panicked and checked with local authorities and I have no records/accusations of such things. They false advertise to get you to buy a membership with suggestions that the person you are searching for is evil. What a horrible scam.

synthiam
3/31/17

They make you think you are paying for lot of information but then it turns out to be very little. And watch out because they will keep billing your card until you figure out they are robbing you every month for $29.95.
I will never use them again!

maryab1
3/27/17

Having ever paid for this service was a real bummer! Not only was the information they gave me incorrect (said the phone number came from an address that the guy never lived at), but I didn't understand they were going to keep charging me monthly. I ended up paying six times. They charged me twice the very first time, then continued to charge me for four more months, although I didn't know I had it and never used it. They only refunded one charge. So, I paid close to $100 by the end for absolutely nothing.
oh yeah, and they said he had 7 criminal records which was bogus, too. There were only a few old speeding tickets. They lure you in to check with lies.

baruchb1
3/23/17

Found my person, paid my money, they never produced a report just links to higher memberships, Frankly none of these services are real, this one is especially bogus

chrise74
3/23/17

I cancelled white pages the same day as I enrolled for the $1 trial. They continued to charge me and said that I didn't call. The auto renew is just a way to get money.

jamesr262
3/16/17

Somehow White pages has a Tina listed on my home address. Do not know any Tina. I live at this address for over 19 years. I never have been married. Do not have any children. Every once in awhile I receive U.S. Mail addressed to Tina at my home address. No Tina has ever lived at my address. When I run a background check, like I just do earlier, that name Tina appears because of White Pages incorrect listing. A few years ago I try to get White Pages to remove that name Tina from my records. But all I get is the run around. Here we go again this week. All I get is the runaround with no live person to discuss the issue about White Pages incorrect information about me. Where can I get help in this matter? Thank you. Jim Rose

amyw152
3/11/17

How is it that I pay the phone company for an unlisted phone number and
WhitePages publishes it?
And then ignores my reasonable requests to remove it.
Another parasitic website like Radaris, HomeMetry & Rehold.com.

kathrynh35
3/2/17

ilovekickboxing has been a great addition to my regular gym routines, helping me build stamina and also losing weight. I like having another option to go to besides the same gym routine all the time. It's been a dynamic, power-packed addition to my workout regimen.

emersonp10
2/27/17

Premium background check is only $9 for one month of unlimited access and if you email customer service then they will cancel theauto renewal so you don't have to pay anymore than that.

donh102
2/24/17

nothing it provides has any useful value! and immediately canceled it, yet it still charged for the next half of year! even you may intend to use it once, it uses the dirty trick like below to hook you up!!!

Subscription Plan Fees. If you sign up for our monthly (or other subscription term) plan (a Subscription Plan), we bill your Account using the billing information you provide to us. The Subscription Plan enables you to conduct multiple searches during the term of your subscription. The Subscription Plan is valid for one month (or other subscription term) from the date of purchase, and will auto-renew at the end of the term if not cancelled. You agree that a one-month term is one calendar month (e.g., May 15 to June 15; January 30 to February 28). Your Subscription Plan will remain open and active until your Account is cancelled, suspended, or terminated.

This site & service should be allowed!!!

Tip for consumers: if allowed to give zero/negative of star, i will do so!

ricke145
2/20/17

Should not have to sign up for anything to get a public phone number. Stupid fake "information gathering" screen, that leads to another tease. Please don't pay memberships to these kinds of sites, or even singing up for some free option or trial version of these sites. It only keeps them relevant.

jenniferb275
2/19/17

I USED THEM ONCE. I CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION. THEY HAVE NOW TAKEN MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT 6 TIMES. AFTER 6 ATTEMPTS TO CANCEL VIA EMAIL BECAUSE THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER TO CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM? IF SO, CAN WE HAVE THEM CHARGED?? PLEASE EMAIL ME @ LUKESMOM0508@YAHOO.COM ASAP. I WANT THEM SHUT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

md203
2/13/17

I got more recent info with a simple google search than with their so called "premium" service. Oddly, the free search on whitepages had the most recent address and phone number...worthless-glad i didn't spend the $30 and tried he free trial

fredj55
2/10/17

I used the whitepages for along time, very usefull, but no longer have any value, the
way it works now is useless to me

gloriaa31
1/24/17

This studio and its instructors are amazing. It truly is the best work out ever! Building strength and a better body!

mariah194
1/22/17

White pages, HAS CREATED FAKE AND PHONEY ACCOUNTS using my company name.

Have called 4 times to request amendments and to get this deleted. 4 times!!!!!!!!! THATS AT LEAST 45 MINS of my valuable time.

Phone centre is based in the Philippines they read off a script, have no intention of helping you and are incapable of helping.

still waiting for this to be resolved by the stupid people working in the phone centre. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY listing in the white pages that's what online search is for.

claudiak22
1/18/17

I often get spam phone calls - we all probably do. I save the spam phone numbers and then look them up to see where they are coming from. I used to do this on the "Free" White pages web site. NOW ..... every single phone number that I put in, comes up as: "We Didn't find a Match". So now they want you to pay just to look up one number. And then the ads come up to pay now for their premium service. Yes - This really is a scam.

nancyl122
1/13/17

I tried to look up 5 people. Not one of the phone numbers worked. Or emails. It's a BIG SCAM!!! DO NOT USE!!! NOTHING BUT LIES AND A WASTE OF YOUR TIME!!! WISH I COULD CHARGE THEM FOR ALL THE TIME AND EFFORT I PUT INTO LOOKING MY FRIENDS UP. They should call it BLACK PAGE.

non226
1/12/17

How is their low class operation legal? They are a scam. They somehow steal peoples personal information, post it illegally to the internet, and never inform that individual. SO unethical. Hope WhitePages goes out of business

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WhitePages staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question