US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

melbam3
11/10/16

This is just pitiful. Give me the old wp that was free and simple to look up an address, phone number. Shooting themselves in the foot

joelb61
11/2/16

this website will not give any free information regardless of what it claims. those claims get you to answer an array of questions designed to help build its database with the information that you provided it with no intention of letting you see any of that information without first paying a premium. to pay the premium you will find that the information inside is outdated and very inaccurate. I did this search on myself knowing that I only have two relatives however the site shows me as having 31. do not waste your time or money on this site

aaronp34
10/31/16

They are totally dishonest. Once they have your credit card they start charging you every month 19.95 even though you haven't authorized it. I am contacting my bank and doing what I can on my end to get them prosecuted. They are evil.

angelab151
10/20/16

i tried looking for my own phone number and it also

chrise64
10/18/16

I almost got suckered into paying 30 bucks for this ripoff website. Thanks to all the negative comments I didn't do it. To all of you who have been scammed - you can file a complaint with the FTC, Better Business, etc. They all have websites.

stephenr72
10/12/16

Just discovered this company has been billing me for the last six months.
-signed up for cheap trial.
-Canceled trial six months ago.
- Billed last 6 months without being notified.
- This company wont respond to my emails.
- Don't have any emails from company regarding billing. They just bill my bank account.

I reported them to my bank and to consumer protection sites.
Fudge them!

olandoc
10/6/16

Gives you a certain amount of information that cant even $#*!ing help you . Charges 30 $#*!ing dollars!!!!! Than once you finally find who you want , the $#*! starts acting retarded like it cant work , wont even search thoroughly and last but not least its a total $#*!ing Rip off. by all means $#*! THIS SITE. waste of my damn money

carolh114
10/4/16

Whitepages.com used to be a site I could access to find a landline phone number that is public. NO LONGER!! They have gotten greedy and want $19.95 minimum for public information! Just a phone number!!! Well, there are other ways- a little harder, but I won't be taken in by their greed.

ja27997
10/3/16

You get almost nothing for your money...AND if you try to stop the charges, GOOD LUCK!! Has to be one of the biggest ripoffs on the internet.

susans257
9/26/16

Thanks but no thanks! Looks like y'all have some improving to do!

melbam2
9/21/16

When was looking up a phone number an act of Congress or inundated with so nah by ways of selling me something I don't want?
I will never think of white pages the way it use to be.... Helpful

sophies29
9/20/16

White pages is a nightmare!!!
They will not take your info down, contacted my district attorney to get after this $#*!e show.
Hope they go out of business!
Evil Company!

cynthias64
9/14/16

I used this service once, and out of curiousity while I had it, I looked myself up. They had me listed as deceased! All of the other information was correct, so it was me for sure. I emailed the company and thier solution was to delete me alltogether. I am not so concerned with that as much as what it means. The information on here is sketchy at best.

lisaj109
8/15/16

This company will continue to charge your credit card for months after you sign up. You can call and cancel but they will continue to charge your account even if they verbally tell you that they will stop the charges. I would not EVER give them your credit card number. Their customer service is horrible.

cherylg12
8/15/16

For whitepages.com to advertise as it does with glowing promises, you are better to go Spokeo, which will provide the same worthless information but at a lower cost. 19.99/13.95. If you are looking for location of friend or family that has lived at same location for 25 years either will do. If it is important to find someone in a town for less than a year. Forget it. The Premium Membership nor a Premium Member Report is not VERIFIED! Do not miss this fact.
I went to whitepages to find a professor, nothing!!!!! then searched for wives name, nothing. They were still recorded in original address. Did Whitepages even offer to remove charges to Premium Membership (thought it would provide more details). I made a big mistake. If you know of an up to date people search, I would love to hear it. Save your money.

tirzahs
8/12/16

You can't use it unless you pay 30 bucks a month. No thank you I'll go open my free telephone book and look up a phone number that way.

annef39
7/25/16

No longer does this site provide you with address information - it's all just a scam to sell other services.

lorrainet8
7/19/16

You put in your information and go thru all the waiting for a free address search and when you come to the end they want your credit card information. What a scam. Stay away from this site if all you want to do is find out an address.

jessicab168
7/18/16

My records have gotten mixed up with those of at least 2 other people with my (relatively common) name. It says I have 26 arrests and citations! I've never been arrested & have gotten 2 tickets. When I tried to edit the information, I was told I couldn't, but I could have my listing removed IF I signed up for an account (ie gave them more information about me). Even then, some of my info is on the other people's accounts. Ugh. Just terrible!

victorf25
7/14/16

I used whitepages to get in contact with some of my old friends. I started with just a name. The site asked me questions to determine whom on the list of people with that name was the one I was looking for. It included there age and family members in order to help me identify them. That was extremely useful and I found them. The phone numbers were old and either deactivated or connected to a new owner of that number. The address was current which eventually enabled my entry in contact once again. So it served my purpose in trying it.
I signed up for the premium trial of just a dollar. Later they charged me for the premium version when the trial ended. I sent an email the same day I saw the charge and was extremely pleased to receive a response in under an hour time. Extremely fast and the customer service helped me out with the situation immediately. I have never had such a quick and helpful response from customer service before.
Summing everything up, they provide the service the market. It is just public records and not private phone company records which is sad but understandable. But if you have any concerns you can rest assured that they will do their best in an extremely timely manner to apply.

joyb31
7/13/16

You can no longer just get a phone number! What's up with that?

ls48
7/11/16

I have opted out of what sites are possible to go to this site and find my information and my husbands information incorrect. Also information I do not want out there. I was told there is no way to change it. I am linked up with the wrong people and I do not want to be.

charlesh128
7/6/16

Draw you in stating "free" reverse number lookup, then refer you to "partner Intellius". What a bunch of BS. Why can't the average person access free telephone databases like these scam artists do? Oh, that's right.... Money, payola, bribes, etc. Wish I could give them zero stars.

kimp81
7/4/16

If you just need a quick phone number, look elsewhere! This site takes FOREVER, then tries to sell you background info. Shows "progress bars (almost certainly meaningless,) then a "progress spinning circle," then offers to sell more than you need. Quite a shame . . . it seems white pages dot com USED to be a useful resource, sufficiently funded by minor advertisements. No more.

greats3
6/30/16

Whitepages dot com baits you in by saying "free" this and that, but when in comes down to it, they only want your credit card number. Flat out crooks who are no better than robo calling telemarketers. ESAD whitepages dot com. ESAD.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WhitePages staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question