Review of WhitePages

People Search, Telephone
Tel: 206-867-5309

pamelam105
8/11/17

This company is scamming people and are connected with Google I believe
LOOK OUT FOR THIS COMPANY THEY ARE SCAMERS ONE DOLLAR AT THE TIME

johnw701
8/7/17

The company's online agreement says a subscriber can make "unlimited searches" but after they have taken your money a message comes up that says you can only make a limited number of searches!

debbieb142
8/5/17

I decided to spend a one time fee of $19.95 to get a background report on an individual with whom I am familiar.
The data was years old and did not even supply a current address and phone number.
It also included data for another individual with the same first and last name in a different state (whose middle name was different, whose age and birth date was different).
This is a complete scam and a rip off. They should be ashamed of themselves for this.

ashleea2
7/31/17

I have telemarketers, scammers, solicitors calling my office at least once a day. I used to be able to report these numbers on whitepages.com and submit a comment. I used to be able to see other comments to see what the number or caller is about. It's just like Angie's List. It's pay to play scam.

jenh44
7/17/17

Just found a charge from them on my credit card statement for 29.95, I never even went to their website and certainly didn't enter any payment info! Currently in dispute, I hope I can prove I never gave them any authority to charge me!

cp105
7/13/17

What a waste of $10 unless you want to be nosy? Misleading tactics for getting individuals to keep buying the products they offer.

marshallg19
7/13/17

I did a search before I purchased their service. It showed me the correct first initial of the person's first and last name. After I made the purchase I had to redo the search (they should have saved my original search). The new results were completely different.

suel79
7/8/17

I tried looking up an old friend and it brought me in all these programs and I couldn't get the phone number unless I signed up and paid for them for $20 you know years ago the Whitepages reliable you can't count on them know

barbaral105
6/24/17

wrong information my bank will gett my money back.........................................................................................

nasern
6/9/17

they provide you with nothing that you cannot find for free and continue to charge your credit card. criminals stay away

dj473
5/22/17

Like others here, I just wanted to use google to look up the new address of a friend I was going to visit this evening, just need the numbers for the house, I knew the street and how to get there, but I forgot which house was hers, the houses on her street all look same. I sent her a text that I forgot #, but in meantime I thought I'd google it, white pages came up with her name, but no info, when I clicked her name, it took me to the premium thing, I closed it. Somehow, it captured my identity, which is weird because I didn't enter any of my info, but I was on a website and another tab for my email was open, and after I got home tonight, I had an email from my credit card saying a charge was billed and declined from white pages premium, I thought it was a scam email, so I checked the header and it was legit. Closed that, logged into my account and sure enough, they'd somehow got my credit card and tried to charge me for premium service that I never agreed to, never filled out any form for etc. That's fraud and stealing no doubt. I cancelled my credit card immediately and made a report on them to the BBB. Wanted to post a warning here too, if you see their site come up, close out immediately, run a virus scan and malware scan and delete any thing visiting their page for even one second installed on your pc. They need to be reported as malware / spyware for sure. Everyone, please be careful!

Tip for consumers: Don't click on ANYTHING that says whitepages!!!

patricec8
5/19/17

I did a search and came up with a result that was totally incorrect. I called and of course they refused to give a refund. Do not use this service it is a total rip-off

brigittas
5/14/17

My husband is a top official with the department of corrections and I have requested several times that my information be removed from their website and still I see it out there with my name and address. There should be a law against not having your information out there if you opt out but it just keeps popping up. The fact that they keep posting our information on the site puts us at risk. Eventually felons do get parole.

carla575
5/10/17

White pages is a scam and by posting peoples private information they encourage scams being done on the public. They should be shut down by the states attorneys office. Companies like this are a scourge on the public.

lisac298
5/5/17

This company is a scam.They took advantage of me while I was out of state and had a death in our family.

I was trying to find my dad's oldest sister and apparently signed up and/ or didn't cancel on time. When I realized in December 2016 I was being charged I called and explained and was told it would be cancelled and refunded. They were courteous. I thought it was the end of it.

Recently, in a review of my finances and checking account while applying for a mortgage, my credit union alerted me that I'd had SIX MONTHS of charges. SIX MONTHS of $29.95 for a service I didn't want and cancelled- or was told it was. Now I call and was told that I signed up and it's all valid. I pressed and the representive blamed me and said well, we send a cancellation email and if you don't have one, you must not have called and it's not cancelled.

After disputing this repeatedly, she agreed to cancel and credit back two of the six months. I did not want that but I accepted it, and received my cancellation emails. So what did I get in return? The very next day, I had two months of credit and ANOTHER $29.95 charge.

A SEVENTH month charged. I called and another rep said well, you ordered this 10/3/16 so your May payment had already been processed. I tried to explain that the rep never mentioned that at all and I was continually blamed. I was told they creditors me two months, April and May.

I said look, I would not have agreed to another charge, that is absolutely wrong and riduculous, to be honest. Their CSR continued to spin his 'we can verify your IP address when you signed up'. I was appalled. I should not have to explain again and the rep basically blamed me for the fact that THEIR company doesn't show I called.

I'm filing an official complaint with my credit union and they are going to pursue this as fraud. I'm also calling an attorney and have complained on their website. I'll be reporting them to everything I can. I explained I don't even have a home phone and I know how to look up phone numbers for free, I did it for my job in a hospital billing office for YEARS!!

I would NEVER pay $30 per month to search for a phone number.

This is how they make their $, prey on people, count on them to make a mistake, blame them for their mistake and then make it as difficult as possible to cancel, all the while continuing to withdrawal the payment out of my bank.I'm going to change my account number I've always had and I'm livid that it has come to this.

malindai
5/3/17

Seeing this sight is unreasonable because people might even be reported because the are just wandering around. NOT TO MENTION THAT IT DOESN'T GIVE YOU AN EXACT REPORT OF THE PERSON'S NAME OR NUMBER!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!

maryj275
4/29/17

WhitePages keeps saying "My Team" is violating their terms of service and trying to make me upgrade to Pro. Only problem is, "My Team" is a figment of their imagination. I've explained to them previously that I use their site to verify info for my family tree, and that I am only 1 person and not a team!

Tip for consumers: Don't use them more than once a day, or they'll try to force upgrade you too!

aj564
4/1/17

Out of curiosity I googled myself and found me on the site. It lists me in 4 different places and when I click the one that is closest to the truth of my information and where I live it claims it found information on me be on a sex offender list, aggravated assault. I panicked and checked with local authorities and I have no records/accusations of such things. They false advertise to get you to buy a membership with suggestions that the person you are searching for is evil. What a horrible scam.

synthiam
3/31/17

They make you think you are paying for lot of information but then it turns out to be very little. And watch out because they will keep billing your card until you figure out they are robbing you every month for $29.95.
I will never use them again!

maryab1
3/27/17

Having ever paid for this service was a real bummer! Not only was the information they gave me incorrect (said the phone number came from an address that the guy never lived at), but I didn't understand they were going to keep charging me monthly. I ended up paying six times. They charged me twice the very first time, then continued to charge me for four more months, although I didn't know I had it and never used it. They only refunded one charge. So, I paid close to $100 by the end for absolutely nothing.
oh yeah, and they said he had 7 criminal records which was bogus, too. There were only a few old speeding tickets. They lure you in to check with lies.

baruchb1
3/23/17

Found my person, paid my money, they never produced a report just links to higher memberships, Frankly none of these services are real, this one is especially bogus

chrise74
3/23/17

I cancelled white pages the same day as I enrolled for the $1 trial. They continued to charge me and said that I didn't call. The auto renew is just a way to get money.

jamesr262
3/16/17

Somehow White pages has a Tina listed on my home address. Do not know any Tina. I live at this address for over 19 years. I never have been married. Do not have any children. Every once in awhile I receive U.S. Mail addressed to Tina at my home address. No Tina has ever lived at my address. When I run a background check, like I just do earlier, that name Tina appears because of White Pages incorrect listing. A few years ago I try to get White Pages to remove that name Tina from my records. But all I get is the run around. Here we go again this week. All I get is the runaround with no live person to discuss the issue about White Pages incorrect information about me. Where can I get help in this matter? Thank you. Jim Rose

amyw152
3/11/17

How is it that I pay the phone company for an unlisted phone number and
WhitePages publishes it?
And then ignores my reasonable requests to remove it.
Another parasitic website like Radaris, HomeMetry & Rehold.com.

kathrynh35
3/2/17

ilovekickboxing has been a great addition to my regular gym routines, helping me build stamina and also losing weight. I like having another option to go to besides the same gym routine all the time. It's been a dynamic, power-packed addition to my workout regimen.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Contact your credit card company. I have had many bad charges reversed by bad business practices. My bank, Bank of America, even credits me the money and then goes after the business...ie: they believe me. Good luck!

By Wendy C. on 8/30/16
Helpful answer

They want you to go to their site and give them even more of your personal info to remove yourself. Them crooks sell our info. I didn't give them anymore info there for I'm sure they are still selling it.

By Colleen C. on 3/13/16
Helpful answer

If you need the employee list for whitepages we have it.

By J S. on 4/13/12

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the WhitePages staff and other customers.

WhitePages?