Review of WhitePages

WhitePages reviews

Tel: 206-867-5309

diannec25
10/11/17

i needed one phone number and they said they had it. so i signed up for the $5. they had the number, but it was hidden unless i upgraded more. so i did. then i was able to get the number. so i cancelled the membership. i received a cancellation letter. then the next month they took money from my credit card. when i went in to the "dashboard" and attempted to remove CC info, I was unable to do so. SCAM!!!

jamesv76
10/6/17

The search engine returns so much unrelated data that it is totally unusable. What crap. I can't believe anyone would pay for this.

monicam111
10/1/17

It said the phone number was available. I paid the $5 to get it and they did not provide ANY phone number.

fsadfg
9/22/17

All I wanted to get emails. No use! Trying to find a better site for relevant information. Wasted $5.

lindseyp35
9/11/17

I paid money in order to get the phone number of a family friend and neither of the numbers provided were accurate. I just wasted my money and time.

lorig52
9/6/17

I looked up one person in an attempt to locate a friend I had lost touch with. Somehow they have "No Record" of me cancelling the service after that search and I have subsequently been charged $19.95 per month for eight months. Even though they can see that I never used this service past the initial search, they claim that the 'terms and agreements' states that I agreed to these charges. Companies like this are the reason we all distrust online marketplaces!!!

kriss127
9/6/17

I just looked up my name, it has me of having 1 criminal charge on me, I have never been in Trouble with law EVER. This should be illegal.

darrelw10
9/3/17

I can't believe that there's no laws against companies like this collecting personal information and making money from it!!!

fionah26
8/25/17

I know I'm old school & remember the days (not long ago) when the white pages was free. I only want a phone #. I could care less about Identity Checks. They only allow you a few searches per day. I even decided FINE I'll sign up for their Pro Search. They wanted my Business email, which I supplied 2 different business emails and they refused them. GREEDY little buggers!

pamelam105
8/11/17

This company is scamming people and are connected with Google I believe
LOOK OUT FOR THIS COMPANY THEY ARE SCAMERS ONE DOLLAR AT THE TIME

johnw701
8/7/17

The company's online agreement says a subscriber can make "unlimited searches" but after they have taken your money a message comes up that says you can only make a limited number of searches!

debbieb142
8/5/17

I decided to spend a one time fee of $19.95 to get a background report on an individual with whom I am familiar.
The data was years old and did not even supply a current address and phone number.
It also included data for another individual with the same first and last name in a different state (whose middle name was different, whose age and birth date was different).
This is a complete scam and a rip off. They should be ashamed of themselves for this.

ashleea2
7/31/17

I have telemarketers, scammers, solicitors calling my office at least once a day. I used to be able to report these numbers on whitepages.com and submit a comment. I used to be able to see other comments to see what the number or caller is about. It's just like Angie's List. It's pay to play scam.

jenh44
7/17/17

Just found a charge from them on my credit card statement for 29.95, I never even went to their website and certainly didn't enter any payment info! Currently in dispute, I hope I can prove I never gave them any authority to charge me!

cp105
7/13/17

What a waste of $10 unless you want to be nosy? Misleading tactics for getting individuals to keep buying the products they offer.

marshallg19
7/13/17

I did a search before I purchased their service. It showed me the correct first initial of the person's first and last name. After I made the purchase I had to redo the search (they should have saved my original search). The new results were completely different.

suel79
7/8/17

I tried looking up an old friend and it brought me in all these programs and I couldn't get the phone number unless I signed up and paid for them for $20 you know years ago the Whitepages reliable you can't count on them know

barbaral105
6/24/17

wrong information my bank will gett my money back.........................................................................................

nasern
6/9/17

they provide you with nothing that you cannot find for free and continue to charge your credit card. criminals stay away

dj473
5/22/17

Like others here, I just wanted to use google to look up the new address of a friend I was going to visit this evening, just need the numbers for the house, I knew the street and how to get there, but I forgot which house was hers, the houses on her street all look same. I sent her a text that I forgot #, but in meantime I thought I'd google it, white pages came up with her name, but no info, when I clicked her name, it took me to the premium thing, I closed it. Somehow, it captured my identity, which is weird because I didn't enter any of my info, but I was on a website and another tab for my email was open, and after I got home tonight, I had an email from my credit card saying a charge was billed and declined from white pages premium, I thought it was a scam email, so I checked the header and it was legit. Closed that, logged into my account and sure enough, they'd somehow got my credit card and tried to charge me for premium service that I never agreed to, never filled out any form for etc. That's fraud and stealing no doubt. I cancelled my credit card immediately and made a report on them to the BBB. Wanted to post a warning here too, if you see their site come up, close out immediately, run a virus scan and malware scan and delete any thing visiting their page for even one second installed on your pc. They need to be reported as malware / spyware for sure. Everyone, please be careful!

Tip for consumers: Don't click on ANYTHING that says whitepages!!!

patricec8
5/19/17

I did a search and came up with a result that was totally incorrect. I called and of course they refused to give a refund. Do not use this service it is a total rip-off

brigittas
5/14/17

My husband is a top official with the department of corrections and I have requested several times that my information be removed from their website and still I see it out there with my name and address. There should be a law against not having your information out there if you opt out but it just keeps popping up. The fact that they keep posting our information on the site puts us at risk. Eventually felons do get parole.

carla575
5/10/17

White pages is a scam and by posting peoples private information they encourage scams being done on the public. They should be shut down by the states attorneys office. Companies like this are a scourge on the public.

lisac298
5/5/17

This company is a scam.They took advantage of me while I was out of state and had a death in our family.

I was trying to find my dad's oldest sister and apparently signed up and/ or didn't cancel on time. When I realized in December 2016 I was being charged I called and explained and was told it would be cancelled and refunded. They were courteous. I thought it was the end of it.

Recently, in a review of my finances and checking account while applying for a mortgage, my credit union alerted me that I'd had SIX MONTHS of charges. SIX MONTHS of $29.95 for a service I didn't want and cancelled- or was told it was. Now I call and was told that I signed up and it's all valid. I pressed and the representive blamed me and said well, we send a cancellation email and if you don't have one, you must not have called and it's not cancelled.

After disputing this repeatedly, she agreed to cancel and credit back two of the six months. I did not want that but I accepted it, and received my cancellation emails. So what did I get in return? The very next day, I had two months of credit and ANOTHER $29.95 charge.

A SEVENTH month charged. I called and another rep said well, you ordered this 10/3/16 so your May payment had already been processed. I tried to explain that the rep never mentioned that at all and I was continually blamed. I was told they creditors me two months, April and May.

I said look, I would not have agreed to another charge, that is absolutely wrong and riduculous, to be honest. Their CSR continued to spin his 'we can verify your IP address when you signed up'. I was appalled. I should not have to explain again and the rep basically blamed me for the fact that THEIR company doesn't show I called.

I'm filing an official complaint with my credit union and they are going to pursue this as fraud. I'm also calling an attorney and have complained on their website. I'll be reporting them to everything I can. I explained I don't even have a home phone and I know how to look up phone numbers for free, I did it for my job in a hospital billing office for YEARS!!

I would NEVER pay $30 per month to search for a phone number.

This is how they make their $, prey on people, count on them to make a mistake, blame them for their mistake and then make it as difficult as possible to cancel, all the while continuing to withdrawal the payment out of my bank.I'm going to change my account number I've always had and I'm livid that it has come to this.

malindai
5/3/17

Seeing this sight is unreasonable because people might even be reported because the are just wandering around. NOT TO MENTION THAT IT DOESN'T GIVE YOU AN EXACT REPORT OF THE PERSON'S NAME OR NUMBER!! THIS IS NOT RIGHT!!!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

This is a scam site to get credit cards to run up!!! Beware to scammers added a card reader on my cards and also a way to do back ground checks on me as well as others and billed it to my card!!! Really? Also people get locks on your mail boxes so your rural neighbors don't steal your mail! Neighbors are doing it more than you know!!! Also if you know people that are in their seventies they have good for nothing kids, their grown kids pose a threat!!! Mom and dad go to funerals like it is a social gathering to get details from family members and the older sons and wives break into the house steal titles and documents to claim insurance, credit card info, tax info and try to put property up for sale!!!! This happened to me after spouse died in a small town with population under 900!!! Savoy, Tx. 75479 they hit bank accounts too! Look up Harvey-Parker Real Estate in Paris Tx, and read details!!! Scammers!!! They don't own property, they list it to do more scams so you fill out paperwork for a house! There your social and bank are exposed and credit!!! ROGER, LINDA, JEFFREY, TINA, SCOTTY LYNN, DEEANNA CHAPPEL-HARVEY thieves and thick as thieves!!! To the point of MURDERS!!! LAST NAMEHARVEY'S SAVOY, TX. 75479!!!!! Internet research shows they have lived in over 25 states plus cities!!!!!!! Truth finders is theirs, Been verifiedis theirs, and find numbers, and anytime it says it's a ad don't get in it! It's a scam for their business!!! You Have Been Imformed!!! By One Of The People They Stalked!!! They all have ALIAS AND ADDITIONAL NAME, OK??? IM JUST SAYING!!!!!!!

By Penelope H. on 3/13/16
Helpful answer

Contact your credit card company. I have had many bad charges reversed by bad business practices. My bank, Bank of America, even credits me the money and then goes after the business...ie: they believe me. Good luck!

By Wendy C. on 8/30/16
Helpful answer

If you need the employee list for whitepages we have it.

By J S. on 4/13/12

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the WhitePages staff and other customers.

WhitePages?