Review of WhitePages

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

maryab1
3/27/17

Having ever paid for this service was a real bummer! Not only was the information they gave me incorrect (said the phone number came from an address that the guy never lived at), but I didn't understand they were going to keep charging me monthly. I ended up paying six times. They charged me twice the very first time, then continued to charge me for four more months, although I didn't know I had it and never used it. They only refunded one charge. So, I paid close to $100 by the end for absolutely nothing.
oh yeah, and they said he had 7 criminal records which was bogus, too. There were only a few old speeding tickets. They lure you in to check with lies.

baruchb1
3/23/17

Found my person, paid my money, they never produced a report just links to higher memberships, Frankly none of these services are real, this one is especially bogus

chrise74
3/23/17

I cancelled white pages the same day as I enrolled for the $1 trial. They continued to charge me and said that I didn't call. The auto renew is just a way to get money.

jamesr262
3/16/17

Somehow White pages has a Tina listed on my home address. Do not know any Tina. I live at this address for over 19 years. I never have been married. Do not have any children. Every once in awhile I receive U.S. Mail addressed to Tina at my home address. No Tina has ever lived at my address. When I run a background check, like I just do earlier, that name Tina appears because of White Pages incorrect listing. A few years ago I try to get White Pages to remove that name Tina from my records. But all I get is the run around. Here we go again this week. All I get is the runaround with no live person to discuss the issue about White Pages incorrect information about me. Where can I get help in this matter? Thank you. Jim Rose

amyw152
3/11/17

How is it that I pay the phone company for an unlisted phone number and
WhitePages publishes it?
And then ignores my reasonable requests to remove it.
Another parasitic website like Radaris, HomeMetry & Rehold.com.

kathrynh35
3/2/17

ilovekickboxing has been a great addition to my regular gym routines, helping me build stamina and also losing weight. I like having another option to go to besides the same gym routine all the time. It's been a dynamic, power-packed addition to my workout regimen.

emersonp10
2/27/17

Premium background check is only $9 for one month of unlimited access and if you email customer service then they will cancel theauto renewal so you don't have to pay anymore than that.

donh102
2/24/17

nothing it provides has any useful value! and immediately canceled it, yet it still charged for the next half of year! even you may intend to use it once, it uses the dirty trick like below to hook you up!!!

Subscription Plan Fees. If you sign up for our monthly (or other subscription term) plan (a Subscription Plan), we bill your Account using the billing information you provide to us. The Subscription Plan enables you to conduct multiple searches during the term of your subscription. The Subscription Plan is valid for one month (or other subscription term) from the date of purchase, and will auto-renew at the end of the term if not cancelled. You agree that a one-month term is one calendar month (e.g., May 15 to June 15; January 30 to February 28). Your Subscription Plan will remain open and active until your Account is cancelled, suspended, or terminated.

This site & service should be allowed!!!

Tip for consumers: if allowed to give zero/negative of star, i will do so!

ricke145
2/20/17

Should not have to sign up for anything to get a public phone number. Stupid fake "information gathering" screen, that leads to another tease. Please don't pay memberships to these kinds of sites, or even singing up for some free option or trial version of these sites. It only keeps them relevant.

jenniferb275
2/19/17

I USED THEM ONCE. I CANCELLED MY SUBSCRIPTION. THEY HAVE NOW TAKEN MONEY FROM MY ACCOUNT 6 TIMES. AFTER 6 ATTEMPTS TO CANCEL VIA EMAIL BECAUSE THERE IS NO PHONE NUMBER TO CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THIS PROBLEM? IF SO, CAN WE HAVE THEM CHARGED?? PLEASE EMAIL ME @ LUKESMOM0508@YAHOO.COM ASAP. I WANT THEM SHUT DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

md203
2/13/17

I got more recent info with a simple google search than with their so called "premium" service. Oddly, the free search on whitepages had the most recent address and phone number...worthless-glad i didn't spend the $30 and tried he free trial

fredj55
2/10/17

I used the whitepages for along time, very usefull, but no longer have any value, the
way it works now is useless to me

gloriaa31
1/24/17

This studio and its instructors are amazing. It truly is the best work out ever! Building strength and a better body!

mariah194
1/22/17

White pages, HAS CREATED FAKE AND PHONEY ACCOUNTS using my company name.

Have called 4 times to request amendments and to get this deleted. 4 times!!!!!!!!! THATS AT LEAST 45 MINS of my valuable time.

Phone centre is based in the Philippines they read off a script, have no intention of helping you and are incapable of helping.

still waiting for this to be resolved by the stupid people working in the phone centre. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY listing in the white pages that's what online search is for.

claudiak22
1/18/17

I often get spam phone calls - we all probably do. I save the spam phone numbers and then look them up to see where they are coming from. I used to do this on the "Free" White pages web site. NOW ..... every single phone number that I put in, comes up as: "We Didn't find a Match". So now they want you to pay just to look up one number. And then the ads come up to pay now for their premium service. Yes - This really is a scam.

nancyl122
1/13/17

I tried to look up 5 people. Not one of the phone numbers worked. Or emails. It's a BIG SCAM!!! DO NOT USE!!! NOTHING BUT LIES AND A WASTE OF YOUR TIME!!! WISH I COULD CHARGE THEM FOR ALL THE TIME AND EFFORT I PUT INTO LOOKING MY FRIENDS UP. They should call it BLACK PAGE.

non226
1/12/17

How is their low class operation legal? They are a scam. They somehow steal peoples personal information, post it illegally to the internet, and never inform that individual. SO unethical. Hope WhitePages goes out of business

carolannt
1/11/17

There is absolutely no purpose in using this site as a phonebook or for an address search. Everything you click on brings you to their premium option which you must pay for. WASTE OF TIME. If I could give them zero stars it would be more accurate.

jp199
1/11/17

No more walking the pages with my fingers, now they want us to walk through our wallets. BOOOOOOOOO!

Tip for consumers: Don't

annes91
1/6/17

THIS IS THE WORST EXPERIENCE EVER! THEY MAKE IT IMPOSSIBLE TO CANCEL OUT, REMOVE, CHANGE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. YOU'RE BASICALLY TRAPPED! DON'T JOIN!

louisl38
12/23/16

I used to be able to look up a phone number but now they want get you to pay for a background check. they suck

whitepagesh
12/19/16

Used to be that you could logon to the whitepages website and find an address and a phone number for the person you were looking for. Now you are inundated with requests to view that persons background information and sign up for monthly access to premium services. Oh but wait, there's more. As if that's not enough, they hammer you with subtle questions like, "Is Jane Doe over 30 years old?" They are sucking all the info they can out of you while you dig around on their site to try and find a silly phone number or address. The crazy thing is you could run downtown, find a "still" operating payphone, find the info in their phonebook faster than this stupid site.
Boo WhitePages.com Boo!

joeb274
12/19/16

White Pages was a beneficial public service for as long as I can remember. What the hell happened? Even my phone book caters to businesses only. I guess the 'times are a changing'.

melbam3
11/10/16

This is just pitiful. Give me the old wp that was free and simple to look up an address, phone number. Shooting themselves in the foot

joelb61
11/2/16

this website will not give any free information regardless of what it claims. those claims get you to answer an array of questions designed to help build its database with the information that you provided it with no intention of letting you see any of that information without first paying a premium. to pay the premium you will find that the information inside is outdated and very inaccurate. I did this search on myself knowing that I only have two relatives however the site shows me as having 31. do not waste your time or money on this site

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

9 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the WhitePages staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question