US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

otoniod

I like the simplicity of removing my information from whitepages.com (in 30 reviews)

victorf25

Extremely fast and the customer service helped me out with the situation immediately. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

annef39
7/25/16

No longer does this site provide you with address information - it's all just a scam to sell other services.

lorrainet8
7/19/16

You put in your information and go thru all the waiting for a free address search and when you come to the end they want your credit card information. What a scam. Stay away from this site if all you want to do is find out an address.

jessicab168
7/18/16

My records have gotten mixed up with those of at least 2 other people with my (relatively common) name. It says I have 26 arrests and citations! I've never been arrested & have gotten 2 tickets. When I tried to edit the information, I was told I couldn't, but I could have my listing removed IF I signed up for an account (ie gave them more information about me). Even then, some of my info is on the other people's accounts. Ugh. Just terrible!

victorf25
7/14/16

I used whitepages to get in contact with some of my old friends. I started with just a name. The site asked me questions to determine whom on the list of people with that name was the one I was looking for. It included there age and family members in order to help me identify them. That was extremely useful and I found them. The phone numbers were old and either deactivated or connected to a new owner of that number. The address was current which eventually enabled my entry in contact once again. So it served my purpose in trying it.
I signed up for the premium trial of just a dollar. Later they charged me for the premium version when the trial ended. I sent an email the same day I saw the charge and was extremely pleased to receive a response in under an hour time. Extremely fast and the customer service helped me out with the situation immediately. I have never had such a quick and helpful response from customer service before.
Summing everything up, they provide the service the market. It is just public records and not private phone company records which is sad but understandable. But if you have any concerns you can rest assured that they will do their best in an extremely timely manner to apply.

joyb31
7/13/16

You can no longer just get a phone number! What's up with that?

ls48
7/11/16

I have opted out of what sites are possible to go to this site and find my information and my husbands information incorrect. Also information I do not want out there. I was told there is no way to change it. I am linked up with the wrong people and I do not want to be.

charlesh128
7/6/16

Draw you in stating "free" reverse number lookup, then refer you to "partner Intellius". What a bunch of BS. Why can't the average person access free telephone databases like these scam artists do? Oh, that's right.... Money, payola, bribes, etc. Wish I could give them zero stars.

kimp81
7/4/16

If you just need a quick phone number, look elsewhere! This site takes FOREVER, then tries to sell you background info. Shows "progress bars (almost certainly meaningless,) then a "progress spinning circle," then offers to sell more than you need. Quite a shame . . . it seems white pages dot com USED to be a useful resource, sufficiently funded by minor advertisements. No more.

greats3
6/30/16

Whitepages dot com baits you in by saying "free" this and that, but when in comes down to it, they only want your credit card number. Flat out crooks who are no better than robo calling telemarketers. ESAD whitepages dot com. ESAD.

rosanec
6/21/16

This is a terrible site. I got more information from google than this site. It's just not reliable enough. I feel I have been robbed of my 19.95. Read my review and don't waste your time nor money.

maggiej12
6/2/16

Whitepages steals information! They gave out my phone number, and the directions to my house! This site should not be giving out this information on the Internet to anyone,
especially without consult/permission, anyone can search a random name and find out where you live! I found myself, and wasn't subscribed or associated with them, and they still gave me that information! Plus, they won't take down your information when you ask them to!

williaml114
5/31/16

If I was you and I am not I would not do business with these folks $1.00 for 7 days Tried that and cancelled within 3 days yet they billed my credit card for a month. That is dishonest.
Besides that they sold my email address. Receiving huge amount of junk mail

es1066
5/24/16

Complete fraud. Even if you don't sign up for free trial, they make it seem like giving them your contact info will give you access to your first report, even though it won't, just so they can sell it to others.

karenp102
5/18/16

I signed up to search one person's name for one month and they started charging me for every month. As I read the review, I discover that I am not the only person that this has happened to. This appears to be their M.O. of how they get their income.

johnr349
5/18/16

I purchased a record, my own, & half of the things on it had nothing to do with me. They had me owning properties that I never owned, people associated with me that I never heard of, e-mail address that I never had. You can't trust the info. they give you, who knows where it came from !

kr3226
5/17/16

I signed up for the 10 day trail for $ 1. They then went and billed me $ 29.99 on the 10th day. I called to cancel and they said they would. The following month I see another $ 29.99 charge on my credit card. So now I have called my credit card company and they will credit me back the money. It is amazing this company is still in business with all the customer complaints. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WIITH THEM

kindya
5/2/16

Fraudulent ripoff. They have outdated info and dupe you into thinking you will get more than you do. They will charge your credit card monthly even though you just buy it as a one time search! They, of course, don't answer the phone and you wait on hold forever and no one answers. DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM THIS FRAUDULENT COMPANY. Instead, report to attorneys to get a class action filed against this useless rip off.

ks144
4/29/16

Many other reviewers hit the nail on the head. Whitepages takes personal information that is not public such as phone numbers, birth dates and family members and displays it on their site for everyone to see. Their opt-out doesn't work because once your "profile" is removed, they will put it back up within a month and hope you forgot about it. The most disturbing is that they publish personal/home/cell phone numbers and claim that they are public record. They arrogantly say they will not remove phone numbers from their site because "the phone numbers aren't attributed to a person" and they are "public record". But they forgot that if you click the phone number it goes to a page where they ask for your credit card info to purchase a report of the phone number, listing the owner name, address and other personal info. THEY PROFIT OFF OF YOUR PRIVACY AND PUT YOUR LIFE IN DANGER. So, they do have your personal info attached to the phone number which they claim is so mysterious. Also, everyone should know, in order to remove a name and address type of profile about yourself, you need to provide them a phone number to confirm that it is you. They have all your info and its for sale. Shut down those sub human filth once and for all. Submit a complaint to the FTC at https://www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov/#&panel1-1 and through your home state's attorney general/governor's consumer protection division.

wahw
4/21/16

I give your website 0 stars, because every number that I looked up,seems to be blocked. This is probably because they have made scamming calls or will be. It does not show the owner, but it shows only the location. That does not make sense. This does not help me at all.

guessw4
4/13/16

Nothing but a scam outfit. With whitepages the only thing they are going to do for you is screw you, and not in a good way.

timp53
4/13/16

This site seems to count every mouse click as a use of credit. In five seconds I spent nearly £10 and got very little info.

Expensive and pretty useless.

ering26
4/8/16

This website is bull****. I Googled my own name to monitor what my name is associated with on the weV and Whitepages.com showed that I not only "May Know" a specific individual but showed that we currently live at the same location. I have lived in my apartment for 3 years and NEVER met this person however, periodically receive his mail such as court summons and letters from credit card associations/& no company labeled envelopes labeled "Must Reply Immedietly". So why is this person showing up as a family member thay lives in my household?

tylers48
4/3/16

This website only had two things correct other than my first and last name and age they had my family members and my last five previous addresses other than that the information they had on me and the information they're giving out on me was false which is causing texts emails and phone calls loss of work and a overall Social Nightmare they would not allow me to take off my information and like to meet pay for it to be taken off whitepages.com with no response to emails I believe that this website is a is a scam for they say at the bottom of the page we did not verify or evaluate each piece of data and we make no warranties or guarantees about the accuracy of the information and our comprehensive reports

colleenc8
3/2/16

Don't go to the White Pages to look anything up. If you you your private browser your fine but if you they will sell your information to hundreds of other businesses. Then to remove yourself from their site you gotta go through an obstacle course. They are thei v es. WATCHING OUT

lizs39
2/23/16

My information use to be correct on white pages, now it has my name listed with mother-in-laws phone number and address. Sent requests to have it updated, but they say they are unable to update information at this time. What a joke, you would be better to make you own web page with your address and phone number than to rely on them. Had to pick one star to be able to submit, they don't deserve any

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Whitepages staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
3/13/16
Answer
colleenc8
A: They want you to go to their site and give them even more of your personal info to remove yourself. Them crooks sell our info. I didn't give them anymore info there for I'm sure they are still selling it.
4/6/16