Review of WhitePages

WhitePages reviews

Tel: 206-867-5309

davidh613
12/7/17

I have tried to pay my bill 3-4 times, including trying to pay with a card over the phone and my payment is refused. I will never use them again.

philipf15
11/29/17

I tried to remove my listing because it contained blatantly false information but was unable to do so as the url I had asked them to remove was denied as existing.
My main reason for wanting it removed was because they were claiming that I had a relative whose name I never heard of was resident at my address. The only residents at that address are myself and my wife.

clairen19
11/6/17

YOUR SITE HAS CAUSED ME TO RECEIVE MANY SCAM CALLS DUE TO MY AGE.
I TRIED TO REMOVE IT BUT YOUR STUPID AUTOMATED OPERATOR KEEPS DENYING THE CODE YOU GIVE ME TO USE OVER THE PHONE. PLEASE, PLEASE, REMOVE MY INFORMATION FROM YOUR SITE. IF YOU REMOVE ME, THANK YOU

caryf7
10/28/17

I wanted a single number & repeat monthly charges appeared on my credit card, it is a membership plan, not a single usage service. I am going tp put in the effort to reverse this charge from my credit card.

Don't be stupid & do what I did, run from this deceptive scam company.

jonouinisj
10/22/17

Some people think they are going to get free basic information like from the phone book. Too bad they have to pay.

diannec25
10/11/17

i needed one phone number and they said they had it. so i signed up for the $5. they had the number, but it was hidden unless i upgraded more. so i did. then i was able to get the number. so i cancelled the membership. i received a cancellation letter. then the next month they took money from my credit card. when i went in to the "dashboard" and attempted to remove CC info, I was unable to do so. SCAM!!!

jamesv76
10/6/17

The search engine returns so much unrelated data that it is totally unusable. What crap. I can't believe anyone would pay for this.

monicam111
10/1/17

It said the phone number was available. I paid the $5 to get it and they did not provide ANY phone number.

fsadfg
9/22/17

All I wanted to get emails. No use! Trying to find a better site for relevant information. Wasted $5.

lindseyp35
9/11/17

I paid money in order to get the phone number of a family friend and neither of the numbers provided were accurate. I just wasted my money and time.

lorig52
9/6/17

I looked up one person in an attempt to locate a friend I had lost touch with. Somehow they have "No Record" of me cancelling the service after that search and I have subsequently been charged $19.95 per month for eight months. Even though they can see that I never used this service past the initial search, they claim that the 'terms and agreements' states that I agreed to these charges. Companies like this are the reason we all distrust online marketplaces!!!

kriss127
9/6/17

I just looked up my name, it has me of having 1 criminal charge on me, I have never been in Trouble with law EVER. This should be illegal.

darrelw10
9/3/17

I can't believe that there's no laws against companies like this collecting personal information and making money from it!!!

fionah26
8/25/17

I know I'm old school & remember the days (not long ago) when the white pages was free. I only want a phone #. I could care less about Identity Checks. They only allow you a few searches per day. I even decided FINE I'll sign up for their Pro Search. They wanted my Business email, which I supplied 2 different business emails and they refused them. GREEDY little buggers!

pamelam105
8/11/17

This company is scamming people and are connected with Google I believe
LOOK OUT FOR THIS COMPANY THEY ARE SCAMERS ONE DOLLAR AT THE TIME

johnw701
8/7/17

The company's online agreement says a subscriber can make "unlimited searches" but after they have taken your money a message comes up that says you can only make a limited number of searches!

debbieb142
8/5/17

I decided to spend a one time fee of $19.95 to get a background report on an individual with whom I am familiar.
The data was years old and did not even supply a current address and phone number.
It also included data for another individual with the same first and last name in a different state (whose middle name was different, whose age and birth date was different).
This is a complete scam and a rip off. They should be ashamed of themselves for this.

ashleea2
7/31/17

I have telemarketers, scammers, solicitors calling my office at least once a day. I used to be able to report these numbers on whitepages.com and submit a comment. I used to be able to see other comments to see what the number or caller is about. It's just like Angie's List. It's pay to play scam.

jenh44
7/17/17

Just found a charge from them on my credit card statement for 29.95, I never even went to their website and certainly didn't enter any payment info! Currently in dispute, I hope I can prove I never gave them any authority to charge me!

cp105
7/13/17

What a waste of $10 unless you want to be nosy? Misleading tactics for getting individuals to keep buying the products they offer.

marshallg19
7/13/17

I did a search before I purchased their service. It showed me the correct first initial of the person's first and last name. After I made the purchase I had to redo the search (they should have saved my original search). The new results were completely different.

suel79
7/8/17

I tried looking up an old friend and it brought me in all these programs and I couldn't get the phone number unless I signed up and paid for them for $20 you know years ago the Whitepages reliable you can't count on them know

barbaral105
6/24/17

wrong information my bank will gett my money back.........................................................................................

nasern
6/9/17

they provide you with nothing that you cannot find for free and continue to charge your credit card. criminals stay away

dj473
5/22/17

Like others here, I just wanted to use google to look up the new address of a friend I was going to visit this evening, just need the numbers for the house, I knew the street and how to get there, but I forgot which house was hers, the houses on her street all look same. I sent her a text that I forgot #, but in meantime I thought I'd google it, white pages came up with her name, but no info, when I clicked her name, it took me to the premium thing, I closed it. Somehow, it captured my identity, which is weird because I didn't enter any of my info, but I was on a website and another tab for my email was open, and after I got home tonight, I had an email from my credit card saying a charge was billed and declined from white pages premium, I thought it was a scam email, so I checked the header and it was legit. Closed that, logged into my account and sure enough, they'd somehow got my credit card and tried to charge me for premium service that I never agreed to, never filled out any form for etc. That's fraud and stealing no doubt. I cancelled my credit card immediately and made a report on them to the BBB. Wanted to post a warning here too, if you see their site come up, close out immediately, run a virus scan and malware scan and delete any thing visiting their page for even one second installed on your pc. They need to be reported as malware / spyware for sure. Everyone, please be careful!

Tip for consumers: Don't click on ANYTHING that says whitepages!!!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

This is a scam site to get credit cards to run up!!! Beware to scammers added a card reader on my cards and also a way to do back ground checks on me as well as others and billed it to my card!!! Really? Also people get locks on your mail boxes so your rural neighbors don't steal your mail! Neighbors are doing it more than you know!!! Also if you know people that are in their seventies they have good for nothing kids, their grown kids pose a threat!!! Mom and dad go to funerals like it is a social gathering to get details from family members and the older sons and wives break into the house steal titles and documents to claim insurance, credit card info, tax info and try to put property up for sale!!!! This happened to me after spouse died in a small town with population under 900!!! Savoy, Tx. 75479 they hit bank accounts too! Look up Harvey-Parker Real Estate in Paris Tx, and read details!!! Scammers!!! They don't own property, they list it to do more scams so you fill out paperwork for a house! There your social and bank are exposed and credit!!! ROGER, LINDA, JEFFREY, TINA, SCOTTY LYNN, DEEANNA CHAPPEL-HARVEY thieves and thick as thieves!!! To the point of MURDERS!!! LAST NAMEHARVEY'S SAVOY, TX. 75479!!!!! Internet research shows they have lived in over 25 states plus cities!!!!!!! Truth finders is theirs, Been verifiedis theirs, and find numbers, and anytime it says it's a ad don't get in it! It's a scam for their business!!! You Have Been Imformed!!! By One Of The People They Stalked!!! They all have ALIAS AND ADDITIONAL NAME, OK??? IM JUST SAYING!!!!!!!

By Penelope H.

Contact your credit card company. I have had many bad charges reversed by bad business practices. My bank, Bank of America, even credits me the money and then goes after the business...ie: they believe me. Good luck!

By Wendy C.

If you need the employee list for whitepages we have it.

By J S.

Questions? Get answers from the WhitePages staff and other customers.

WhitePages?