Review of WhitePages

Tel: 206-867-5309
support@whitepages.com

anitah87
2/9/19

This website is not accurate. Don't trust the information. It has my name confused with someone else that has the same name. Incorrect addresses, phone numbers, etc.

darrella8
1/30/19

I signed up for this service back in November or so. Tried it, found it was highly inaccurate. So I cancelled the subscription. I was told I could try it free for 30 days. I talked to a representative and he assured me the subscription was cancelled. I've since checked and they have been charging me a monthly charge for the past 3 months. I've gone to my credit card company and they are removing the charges.
White pages premium is dishonest and inaccurate. Do NOT go near them.

bonniew49
1/9/19

This freaken site listed that I lived with my ex sister-in-law who has accused me of being mentally ill to do such a thing and junk mail is being sent there in my name to add insult to injury. She refuses to believe I did not do this and has ordered a cease and desist order against me having all her relatives also calling and threatening me. I wish there was a way to sue Whitepages for the stress this created for all involved.

kathyb392
12/31/18

Paid $9.99 and got no information about someone's criminal activity. It showed Into the individual had a lot of arrests but all it would say is, "No information available." Tried uploading a pic for proof, as I took a pic of what they sent me and all I get is upload a gif, jpg or PNG file.,

georger238
12/28/18

Stay away. Too many other legit and trustworthy sites available. Previous problem concerning charges, which apparently had to be resolved thru the credit card company. I don't even remember the issue, but when now trying to use the service again, they actually have MY account locked and unusable. That's fine, happy to use another service.

patrickw184
12/20/18

All information provided was wrong and there is no way to contact them for a refund. Total crap site. Don't fall for it.

bills609
12/16/18

If you get sucked into paying money, you get nothing for it. When you try to quit, it often won't go through. If you find your private information listed and attempt to opt out, all the system does is ask you to verify your information, claim it's calling you (but it doesn't) then report, "Your request to remove your information from Whitepages has been rejected due to an incorrect confirmation code."

As of this writing, Wikipedia reports the following principles:

Executive Chairman and Founder: Alex Algard
CEO: Rob Eleveld
CFO: Jason Eglit
Chief Privacy Officer and General Counsel: Kelly Schmitt
Vice President, Consumer Marketing: Leigh McMillan
Vice President, Engineering: Heather Glenn Wade

Please join me in writing your members of Congress to make it ILLEGAL for companies like this who reveal everyone's private information to do business or even exist on the Internet in the U.S.

Tip for consumers: NEVER use this company! If they list your information, NEVER attempt to remove your info as that's a scam to get you to confirm your info. Instead, CALL OR WRITE YOUR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS. Demand they not only make it ILLEGAL for any company to publish your private information without your permission, but that they would make it ILLEGAL for such a company to even exist on the Internet within the United States.

Whitepages is HEINOUSLY wrong. At best, it's extortion. At worst, it's dangerou

billy34
12/8/18

Stay away from these scammers, I paid what I thought was a 4.99 charge for a one time phone # look up. They kept charging my credit card month after month for six months until i saw the charges. Then refused to refund the bogus monthly fees.

billf180
11/27/18

The names of the family members are not even there. It cost me $9.99 for a name and not much else. This is a "complete" report. Just another scam business making $10.00 a pop from every sucker.

sonjam36
11/27/18

This sucks. I paid $9.99 for a one time view for a "premium" look up on a reverse phone and absolutely no information showed up. They showed a name and address which did not come up after I paid. False advertising and should be reported to the BBB. Do not give them any money ever.

braytons3
11/17/18

After thorough dissecting and evaluation of the Whitepages background check on myself, the erratic and miss information causing a prejudice profile in the real world, and offering no refund or due process, this app should be removed from web.

dianep194
11/1/18

Do not use this app. I did a couple of searches and all their information they have on the people and myself are wrong and from over a decade ago. Then the background report has false information. All these background report sites are reselling our old information to each other and not sure where they are getting the info from but they are totally off. They had my family members phone numbers listed as mine and much more. I requested to be removed immediately.

kristiem24
10/26/18

I spoke with a woman with an Indian accident named "Abigail" that refused to cancel my membership AND refund my payment for the month because I didn't ask for a refund at the very same time I asked to cancel. Ironically, I told her I wished to cancel and as she cancelled my subscription I asked about the refund. She refused because of the "timing" of my request! When I told her I was contacting the Better Business Bureau since I just made a full month's membership payment on the 16th and I was cancelling on the 26th of the month. After threatening to report their business tactics she offered a "one time refund" as a "courtesy"! No Abigail, that is called BEING HONEST and not trying to pocket 30 days worth of a premium when I have only used 11!!!! Wow! Excellent service White pages!

maryjeanines
10/20/18

Looked up my name strictly out of curiosity to see what I would find. Under White Pages, only my age and one city of residence were correct (where I still live). They show me presently living in NY (never even been there) and show other cities in which I have never lived. More importantly, they show me related to several people I don't even know, one of whom has been appearing on my credit report off and on for 25 years. This is serious! They really should be sued!

florenceg29
10/8/18

I repudiate White pages. They publish names, address, phone number, business and public records of individuals without their knowledge or consent.

Even after request is made to have the information removed from Whitepages records Whitepages ignores the request. and let the information remain putting individuals at high risk who need to keep their peronal information private and confidential. hitepages must be sued soon in a class action lawsuit.

ambers162
10/8/18

Since when do you have to pay just for a name and phone number?? I don't need a background check or even an address. All I want is a name associated with the number that's calling and you think you should be paid for that??? Not to mention the false information and ad pop-ups trying to get you to pay $100 a month to get bad info? No thanks!

jonathano50
9/27/18

Without paying money on a listing you aren't even sure is the right person or even that the info is correct and current to begin with. This a money wasting scam.

shawny16
9/23/18

Started by looking for a high-school buddy. Results were bad info and false phone numbers. I followed up with a search on myself, and was surprised the find me associated with or owning homes I have never owned in towns/states I have never lived in, as well as family members listed that I or my family have no associations with or relation to. There is just enough publicly-available info to make a report seem valid, with "previous" phone numbers with the right area code, but when called are either dead or go to a business or public-service office you are calling. The old (ancient) 411 service, or (area Code)-555-1212 Directory assistance were more accurate in the day, but have also degraded to a level of the high-tech entities. I do not ignore the irony. I believe WhitePages.com is a scam providing easily available information, otherwise free, for a charge.

Tip for consumers: Do not use this site!

thomast245
9/4/18

They give you a promise of results or a refund. They say they have two phone numbers for the person I am trying to contact. Both were dead, there was no useful information and there is no way to contact them to request a refund.

Stay away from this site. It is a rip off

demetriosp
8/28/18

I was using WhitePages.com to try to sort out identity confusion with my wife's medical records. I decided to search my wife's name and found a candidate. Then I checked my wife's profile. There were incorrect places of residence and incorrect family members in her profile. The criminal/traffic information is incorrect too. How can WhitePages boast they are providing good data?

alank131
7/18/18

I used WhitePages to look up a single telephone number, thinking I was paying a one time fee. It turned into a monthly payment. Perhaps I failed to read the fine print, but I feel the way this sales pitch was presented was deceptive at best.

joes959
7/11/18

Today they raised rates from $39.99 all the way to $99.99 for premium members Almost triple increase which is insulting. I closed my account and took my business elsewhere They must be really hurting to have that large of an increase I hope to g-d someone sues them bunch of trash .........

jayr143
7/2/18

As of today I am no longer a premium member. They are raising monthly fees from $39.99 month to $100 per month
I am filing a complaint of price gouging to federal trade commission

rowenam6
6/27/18

My name was appearing to have criminal records which was a total lie. I need to take legal action as it is hurting my employment and professional, personal reputation. When I try to search it was it available to US residence how could they get my info when I am not based in US

mattj104
6/14/18

I bought five reports at a discount as I need to use them occasionally. I used two and found out they "expire" after 30 days. Huge ripoff. There are way better services out there

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

This is a scam site to get credit cards to run up!!! Beware to scammers added a card reader on my cards and also a way to do back ground checks on me as well as others and billed it to my card!!! Really? Also people get locks on your mail boxes so your rural neighbors don't steal your mail! Neighbors are doing it more than you know!!! Also if you know people that are in their seventies they have good for nothing kids, their grown kids pose a threat!!! Mom and dad go to funerals like it is a social gathering to get details from family members and the older sons and wives break into the house steal titles and documents to claim insurance, credit card info, tax info and try to put property up for sale!!!! This happened to me after spouse died in a small town with population under 900!!! Savoy, Tx. 75479 they hit bank accounts too! Look up Harvey-Parker Real Estate in Paris Tx, and read details!!! Scammers!!! They don't own property, they list it to do more scams so you fill out paperwork for a house! There your social and bank are exposed and credit!!! ROGER, LINDA, JEFFREY, TINA, SCOTTY LYNN, DEEANNA CHAPPEL-HARVEY thieves and thick as thieves!!! To the point of MURDERS!!! LAST NAMEHARVEY'S SAVOY, TX. 75479!!!!! Internet research shows they have lived in over 25 states plus cities!!!!!!! Truth finders is theirs, Been verifiedis theirs, and find numbers, and anytime it says it's a ad don't get in it! It's a scam for their business!!! You Have Been Imformed!!! By One Of The People They Stalked!!! They all have ALIAS AND ADDITIONAL NAME, OK??? IM JUST SAYING!!!!!!!

By Penelope H.

Contact your credit card company. I have had many bad charges reversed by bad business practices. My bank, Bank of America, even credits me the money and then goes after the business...ie: they believe me. Good luck!

By Wendy C.

If you need the employee list for whitepages we have it.

By J S.

Questions? Get answers from the WhitePages staff and other customers.

3 Photos for WhitePages