Review of WhitePages

Tel: 206-867-5309
support@whitepages.com

miloc12
5/20/19

I have been checking their website to see if a phone call is from a scammer or not. They have consistently labeled all scammers/fraudulent/and robocalls as safe.

jessicaf210
5/10/19

I didn't sign up for an account. The site specifically had it as a one time fee but now they're charging me every month. I called to cancel and they just direct you to an automated message no matter which number you press. HORRIBLE and absolutely no customer service.

rubys79
4/16/19

After searching through 63 names I found the right person with the right address and correct relatives so I paid $9.99 to get the report and it sent a totally different persons information! Not at all the correct ...anything. All the information in the report was for a different person. Don't get ripped off. Whitepages.com is a total scam

charlieg113
4/10/19

Not who I was looking for or who it showed prior to paying. Age differential changed and so did relatives will never use this service again

ladav2
3/26/19

This company is not even make afford to search for correct data. My ex husband never live on the address I do and he has mine address. Also according this poor performance report we are still married. I do not recommend t his company to anybody unless you have money to waste and want have wrong information.

janes171
3/23/19

They will take info and throw together fake listings.I have caught them more then once putting my name on fake listings/search results.Who do we call to have these criminals shut down for stealing our identities and committing fraud with the info?I don't understand why they are allowed to break the law and no one bats an eye.There are also a few other companies that do this same thing.Who are regulating these creeps?

kerrys98
3/10/19

I wrote and begged them if anything happens to me I have told my family this site is so responsible . They care nothing of privacy NOTHING Class law suit this is horrific I live in fear yet when u see their staff names they dont publish them. Why? Becuase they want their privacy this is horrific , god please stop them! I tried all there opt outs paid them, paid a seperate company and spent over $400 between them and others nothing helps dear god why ? I need my privacy i am scared for my life.HELP HELP HELP HELP HELP

Tip for consumers: AVOID THIS SITE THEY DONT CARE ABOUT YOUR LIFE.

johnd803
3/8/19

Trying to track down a bad tenant and they don't even have his current address a year later. Didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. Needed to find out if my claims went on his credit report. I got no information for my money. Stay away from this ripoff site.

tomp343
2/26/19

"Casual User, 20 searches, $2.49 EVERY 12 months"...clicked on it..CHARGED $29.95 to PAYPAL. FKN thieves

karenb903
2/24/19

I have never been convicted of larceny or run a gambling ring. But if you believe this website, when I was not even in the US but serving overseas in the Army, I was a criminal. Do not believe the information you find here. They combine other people with you if your maiden name is the same. Also I was never evicted from anywhere, but this website, says I was evicted twice from a place I never lived. This has happened because they are combing me with a Caucasian female, and I am not Caucasian. I never lived in Florida or Illinois, and that is how I could tell the website combined my information with another person. I paid to find out about the untruths.

busniesso
2/20/19

This site just changed its policies in the middle of our membership. Instead of 1000 contacts a month for $9.95 it went up to $19.95 which was fine. Then 2 weeks later they changed it to $99.95 for 100 contacts only. THIS IS INSANE!! They think they can bully people like that?? Unbelievable!! Wish they had zero star option.

anitah87
2/9/19

This website is not accurate. Don't trust the information. It has my name confused with someone else that has the same name. Incorrect addresses, phone numbers, etc.

darrella8
1/30/19

I signed up for this service back in November or so. Tried it, found it was highly inaccurate. So I cancelled the subscription. I was told I could try it free for 30 days. I talked to a representative and he assured me the subscription was cancelled. I've since checked and they have been charging me a monthly charge for the past 3 months. I've gone to my credit card company and they are removing the charges.
White pages premium is dishonest and inaccurate. Do NOT go near them.

bonniew49
1/9/19

This freaken site listed that I lived with my ex sister-in-law who has accused me of being mentally ill to do such a thing and junk mail is being sent there in my name to add insult to injury. She refuses to believe I did not do this and has ordered a cease and desist order against me having all her relatives also calling and threatening me. I wish there was a way to sue Whitepages for the stress this created for all involved.

kathyb392
12/31/18

Paid $9.99 and got no information about someone's criminal activity. It showed Into the individual had a lot of arrests but all it would say is, "No information available." Tried uploading a pic for proof, as I took a pic of what they sent me and all I get is upload a gif, jpg or PNG file.,

georger238
12/28/18

Stay away. Too many other legit and trustworthy sites available. Previous problem concerning charges, which apparently had to be resolved thru the credit card company. I don't even remember the issue, but when now trying to use the service again, they actually have MY account locked and unusable. That's fine, happy to use another service.

patrickw184
12/20/18

All information provided was wrong and there is no way to contact them for a refund. Total crap site. Don't fall for it.

bills609
12/16/18

If you get sucked into paying money, you get nothing for it. When you try to quit, it often won't go through. If you find your private information listed and attempt to opt out, all the system does is ask you to verify your information, claim it's calling you (but it doesn't) then report, "Your request to remove your information from Whitepages has been rejected due to an incorrect confirmation code."

As of this writing, Wikipedia reports the following principles:

Executive Chairman and Founder: Alex Algard
CEO: Rob Eleveld
CFO: Jason Eglit
Chief Privacy Officer and General Counsel: Kelly Schmitt
Vice President, Consumer Marketing: Leigh McMillan
Vice President, Engineering: Heather Glenn Wade

Please join me in writing your members of Congress to make it ILLEGAL for companies like this who reveal everyone's private information to do business or even exist on the Internet in the U.S.

Tip for consumers: NEVER use this company! If they list your information, NEVER attempt to remove your info as that's a scam to get you to confirm your info. Instead, CALL OR WRITE YOUR MEMBERS OF CONGRESS. Demand they not only make it ILLEGAL for any company to publish your private information without your permission, but that they would make it ILLEGAL for such a company to even exist on the Internet within the United States.

Whitepages is HEINOUSLY wrong. At best, it's extortion. At worst, it's dangerou

billy34
12/8/18

Stay away from these scammers, I paid what I thought was a 4.99 charge for a one time phone # look up. They kept charging my credit card month after month for six months until i saw the charges. Then refused to refund the bogus monthly fees.

billf180
11/27/18

The names of the family members are not even there. It cost me $9.99 for a name and not much else. This is a "complete" report. Just another scam business making $10.00 a pop from every sucker.

sonjam36
11/27/18

This sucks. I paid $9.99 for a one time view for a "premium" look up on a reverse phone and absolutely no information showed up. They showed a name and address which did not come up after I paid. False advertising and should be reported to the BBB. Do not give them any money ever.

braytons3
11/17/18

After thorough dissecting and evaluation of the Whitepages background check on myself, the erratic and miss information causing a prejudice profile in the real world, and offering no refund or due process, this app should be removed from web.

dianep194
11/1/18

Do not use this app. I did a couple of searches and all their information they have on the people and myself are wrong and from over a decade ago. Then the background report has false information. All these background report sites are reselling our old information to each other and not sure where they are getting the info from but they are totally off. They had my family members phone numbers listed as mine and much more. I requested to be removed immediately.

kristiem24
10/26/18

I spoke with a woman with an Indian accident named "Abigail" that refused to cancel my membership AND refund my payment for the month because I didn't ask for a refund at the very same time I asked to cancel. Ironically, I told her I wished to cancel and as she cancelled my subscription I asked about the refund. She refused because of the "timing" of my request! When I told her I was contacting the Better Business Bureau since I just made a full month's membership payment on the 16th and I was cancelling on the 26th of the month. After threatening to report their business tactics she offered a "one time refund" as a "courtesy"! No Abigail, that is called BEING HONEST and not trying to pocket 30 days worth of a premium when I have only used 11!!!! Wow! Excellent service White pages!

maryjeanines
10/20/18

Looked up my name strictly out of curiosity to see what I would find. Under White Pages, only my age and one city of residence were correct (where I still live). They show me presently living in NY (never even been there) and show other cities in which I have never lived. More importantly, they show me related to several people I don't even know, one of whom has been appearing on my credit report off and on for 25 years. This is serious! They really should be sued!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

This is a scam site to get credit cards to run up!!! Beware to scammers added a card reader on my cards and also a way to do back ground checks on me as well as others and billed it to my card!!! Really? Also people get locks on your mail boxes so your rural neighbors don't steal your mail! Neighbors are doing it more than you know!!! Also if you know people that are in their seventies they have good for nothing kids, their grown kids pose a threat!!! Mom and dad go to funerals like it is a social gathering to get details from family members and the older sons and wives break into the house steal titles and documents to claim insurance, credit card info, tax info and try to put property up for sale!!!! This happened to me after spouse died in a small town with population under 900!!! Savoy, Tx. 75479 they hit bank accounts too! Look up Harvey-Parker Real Estate in Paris Tx, and read details!!! Scammers!!! They don't own property, they list it to do more scams so you fill out paperwork for a house! There your social and bank are exposed and credit!!! ROGER, LINDA, JEFFREY, TINA, SCOTTY LYNN, DEEANNA CHAPPEL-HARVEY thieves and thick as thieves!!! To the point of MURDERS!!! LAST NAMEHARVEY'S SAVOY, TX. 75479!!!!! Internet research shows they have lived in over 25 states plus cities!!!!!!! Truth finders is theirs, Been verifiedis theirs, and find numbers, and anytime it says it's a ad don't get in it! It's a scam for their business!!! You Have Been Imformed!!! By One Of The People They Stalked!!! They all have ALIAS AND ADDITIONAL NAME, OK??? IM JUST SAYING!!!!!!!

By Penelope H.

Contact your credit card company. I have had many bad charges reversed by bad business practices. My bank, Bank of America, even credits me the money and then goes after the business...ie: they believe me. Good luck!

By Wendy C.

If you need the employee list for whitepages we have it.

By J S.

Questions? Get answers from the WhitePages staff and other customers.

3 Photos for WhitePages