Review of Wayfair

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

allisonn10
4/24/17

I had an item in my cart and it was listed AT CLOSEOUT for $154.00. Two weeks later, it is now listed AT CLOSEOUT for $196!! They also offer no courtesy service. I called as a new customer for a discount code to be applied bc I saw a code on their FB page for 10% off for new customer. They stated they can't offer any codes but need to sign up. I receive the code and now the price is jacked up. I will not do business with such a shady company.

johnk388
4/23/17

Ordered patio set used wrong card, cancelled and used another card, Was sent 2 sets they couldn't wouldn't cancel could send they second set back. I cancelled the order and reordered on Easter sunday and was told it was already shipped. Really????? That was bull*hit. NEVER EVER EVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

joanneg31
4/23/17

I was online trying to find a twin storage bedframe and headboard. When I found one it said it included the bookcase headboard. I wanted to make sure so I called. The first woman I spoke to only knew a few words, "that's not what it says". When I pointed out the 3 different places that it did state that the headboard was included I got the same response. At that point I requested someone else to speak with and a man came on the line. He again stated that is not what it says and after going into much detail as to where I am seeing this information, he finally agreed. At this point I was so frustrated it didn't matter anymore what he would or would not offer, I kindly informed him I would never purchase anything from them and wished him a good day. I went to Walmart.com and found a better bed with storage and headboard, free shipping and faster shipping for less.

sherrilynnt
4/23/17

I order a 12 piece towel set from wayfair when it arrived some of the towels were raggy at the end it was terrible and the shower curtains I ordered and paid 39 dollars for had a big seam going thru it horrible

richardw206
4/23/17

I am surprised to see so many bad reviews as I have purchased from them several times, got great prices on great products along with really good service. I will use them again!!!!

elleg7
4/23/17

I ordered curtains to match others I had previously ordered and the dye lot was different. They didn't match. I was by "customer service" rep Shannon A that there was nothing they could do unless I paid to return them abc then reordered (with no guarantee the new ones would match either). I tried to explain further and Wayfaie was having none of it. Don't order here unless you know for sure you want to keep your items. Awful return policy.

jessicaf90
4/21/17

I ordered an 8 ft rug and received a 6 ft rug. At the time, I didn't have a car or internet at home. They stated I needed a model number before they would email me a return shipping label that is found on the packaging. I had to have someone drive me to the post office and use a friend's computer and printer for the shipping slip because of THEIR mistake. They offered me a lousy 10% off for my troubles.

victoro21
4/20/17

It takes too long for your product to arrive and by the time it arrives comes damage , some of the smaller items it's find to order everything was good , It's the larger items like sectionals or bed frame is what takes about 2 months so if it comes damage you don't want to wait for another one to be send, I have to say customer service is good and the products the sell are top of the line . They need to improve on delivery.

marthal46
4/19/17

I ordered a shower curtain for my daughter ,while completing the order I realized that they do not offer free shipping. I paid it but went to amazon and found the same product for 10.00 less with free shipping. I cancelled the Wayfair order within 2 hours.I received a confirmation of cancellation. Two days later I received an email saying that my order had been shipped . I email them and got no response.I went on line to get a shipping return label and found out I had to pay for return shipping- 17.00! I searched several other Wayyfair products on Amazon and found all the items for less and free shipping- I hope amazon puts them out of business. Shady business with terrible customer service

jessicaf88
4/19/17

I ordered a bedframe from Wayfair for $133.00 and they told me that is should be delivered by April 13th. It was late, so I called them and they said that my package was lost and they ordered a replacement package for me. This is where I am at with them, but after reading a bunch of negative reviews about them, I'd rather just get a return. I am never getting anything from Wayfair again. They are just terrible!

najahc
4/19/17

Ive come to the conclusion, after my experience and reading the reviews, that this company makes its money off the interest from our purchases. I wouldnt be suprised if half the things on their website arent even in stock. I ordered a sofa and love seat. Purchased it through customer service over the phone they assured me i would have my furniture within 3 weeks. What a lie. 6 weeks $1400 many delays and a bunch of lies later, my sofa and love seat were tracked 2 days before i was expecting visitors from out of town. The manager at the local delivery station and manager at call center assured me i would have my furniture no later than Saturday. Said it was on the truck and would be here friday. Said local manager will personally deliver it. I called friday to confirm he says the truck just pulled up he would call back. He never called. I call Saturday wondering why no one called to schedule my delivery. He said they lost my furniture and it must be on the wrong truck. Are you kidding me? How have you been tracking my furniture all this timw if it wasnt even on the truck. wayfair is a scam. On the large purchases they will drag u along long enough to keep your money in a high interest baring account.. Period. Of course i asked for a refund. They ruined my family's vacation. And didnt bother to thank me for the 1400 i let them borrow for 6 weeks. Your welcome never again

nancyb198
4/17/17

What a really awesome website. Everything they have comes in an array of colours, sizes, styles. It is truly impressive and very easy to get around the site.

suzanneh33
4/16/17

Very unhappy with Wayfair. I ordered a bathroom vanity for a new powder room being installed. Ordered it on March 13th, one day after I signed the contractor proposal to do the work. On March 15th, i got an email saying it had shipped. It is now April 14th. The contractor finished the work yesterday, except for the installation of the vanity because the vanity has still NOT been delivered. On April 5th, I spoke to a delivery specialist who told me my item was part of some big transportation delay (she blamed it on storms in California as opposed to Georgia which another reviewer was apparently told). I was assured she would follow up with the delivery company and get back to me. She never got back to me and on April 11th, I called her and sent her an email. She never got back to me. On April 12, I called to speak to a supervisor who gave me the same store and never got back to me. On April 13th, I called the trucking company. They had the item in their local delivery facility but said they only come to my area every other week and can't deliver it until April 25th---7 weeks after I was told it had shipped!!! Someone could have walked it across the country in less time. I called and left a message for the Wayfair supervisor to let her know this was unacceptable and she responded with an email saying "oh, I see you have an April 25th delivery date so you are all set." The icing on the cake is that today I got an email from Wayfair asking me to review the product that I don't yet have. After reading all of these other reviews, I am now worried that if I ever get the vanity it will be damaged. Will not be ordering from them again.

alajea
4/14/17

I ordered glass top dinning table. they ship the glass top and the base separately. I received the top within two week but never received the base. i waited one more week and called them to see where the base was . They told me it at my local independent delivery company and i have to call them directly. i call the local delivery company, they told me they never received it and told me to call wayfair. i called wayfair again and let them know its not at the delivery company. They said they will talk with their freight manager and get back to me within 24hrs. They did get back to me and told me they dont know where the base and would be happy to send me replacement and offered me 10% discount. They told me the replacement would take 3 weeks. I agreed because I already have the top, it would be a hassle to return the top. Thought it would be better I wait. I waited 3 week the same thing happened they LOST the base AGAIN. Unbelievable!!! In this day and age how can you make major mistakes twice? Your competitions will eat you soon. I told them take the top back and I will take my business somehwhere else.

noneoya
4/11/17

Lots of advertising about "free shipping". Well if you live in Hawaii this is not the site for you. Found exactly the chair we wanted. The chair was on sale for $298. Shipping was $195. We contacted the website and were told shipping is based on weight and size. We have ordered multiple items from the web in the past but this shipping charge is over the top. This web page will not have business from us.

billk83
4/11/17

Got message "We're very sorry delivery is delayed. One of our representatives is already working on your order and we will provide an update within 3 business days. Our goal is to make sure you receive your order as soon as possible." Never happened! No one contacted me within 3 business days. Previous order arrived damaged, though they addressed that. Cumulatively, not happy with Wayfair. They need to improve their package tracking to real time notification. Not doing business with them again.

vickif17
4/10/17

It was another wonderful experience with Wayfair. This was my second big order. I was expecting nothing less than perfection. I look forward to doing business with Wayfair in the future!!!

leahd22
4/9/17

The furniture looks amazing! I had it delivered and put together. It was nice to have it scheduled the day I wanted, and it was done really quickly.

celisej
4/8/17

I've purchased a few items from wayfair and I've been pleased so far with the items that I've found and purchased! Beautiful items, great selection and great prices. The best thing is that the quality matches the price points! The descriptions of the items are very accurate as well.

susanw162
4/7/17

I purchased a couch for my daughter- fabric was ripped. She called them and after over 20 phone calls they FINALLY answered and said they would send replacement. Notified her of delivery time (two months after initial purchase- a work day for her- and she cannot carry a phone at work as she is in an operating room). So she had a friend come at sit at her house entire day. NO SHOW of delivery. When she called them they said they were at her house and no one answered - LIE! She has continued for the past 4 weeks to call and email to arrange delivery and cannot even get someone to speak to her. I am so so sad we didn't shop at Pier One or World Market- THEIR customer service has always been amazing. I will NEVER shop at Wayfair (and I have a brand new second home that is completely empty and needs to be furnished- bad customer service Wayfair).

ronaldw70
4/6/17

We purchased 3 stools from the internet and were very pleased at the quality, condition received and speed at which they arrived.

cynthiav15
4/6/17

Love shopping at Wayfair...love the quality, price and service. I returned 3 pillows, no problem, easy return with chat customer service instructions. Great quality in everything I have purchased, arrives when it says its going to,,,can't say enough good about this company.

salliev
4/6/17

I have been purchasing from Wayfair for several years, and I love them! Their shipping is free- which is very important to me because I do not have access to easy shopping living in the "country".
The products offered have good quality, and I especially Love their art work! It is very unique and different. I review my orders honestly and quickly- and receive reward monies for doing so. A nice touch!
I share my great experience about Wayfair to many others who want to update their own "look" and where to purchase good home itmes.

lyahd
4/6/17

I got charged for $146.89 $41=187.89 just for return shipping cost. Think many times before you order. Wayfair have inferior products that doesn't live up the money your paid, when you want to return, wayfair charge you arms and legs. So be careful!

I really have star to give, but I have to choose one in order to post.

wayfair should change to waynotfair.com, waystoscrewyou.com

Tip for consumers: Don't ever order from this website. It is a terrible website. There is no way that you can exchange. you only can return. if you ordered something that didn't fit, you have to pay for return shipping cost.

I got charged for $146.89+$41=187.89 just for return shipping cost. Think many times before you order. Wayfair have inferior products that doesn't live up the money your paid, when you want to return, wayfair charge you arms and legs. So be careful!

I really have star to give.

tiffanys82
4/6/17

I have never used this company myself but now that I have seen how your delivery company delivers things I will be sure that I never go through you people for furniture and I'll be sure to make sure no one does from now on. After looking at all the reviews from just today alone I am appalled by your company! When someone is paying you this much for something then you should have the decency to make sure your delivery company doesn't damage your customers product and since I'm not the only person with this issue them I'd highly advise you to fire that company! Also I'd recommend you make it a point to bring the customers purchase into the home, there are some people out there who are unable to do so themselves and will have to pay someone else to do it for them. It's just common sense.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

48 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wayfair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
dejam1
deja m.
4 days, 7 hours ago
Answer
shanen6
Shane N.
A: No don't. They screwed me and look at all the negative comments.
I've looked at the positive and they all look fake.
Customers are pissed off with Wayfair.
Their service sucks.
Try to find an independent smaller company with better service, check reviews.
Check eBay as well, I've had loads of great purchases from eBay just check the reviews , go with anyone over 98% positive feedback
1 day, 20 hours ago