US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

nel711

I have spent quite a bit with Wayfair and their customer Service Dept has been very cooperative. (in 70 reviews)

guyc16

He placed my order, guaranteed it would be here by the day I needed it and didn’t even charge me for shipping. (in 157 reviews)

nataliyar1

I have bought from them for over 1 years and never had a problem with a return or damaged item. (in 87 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jk129
7/26/16

I ordered a sofa and waited for 2 months and then I got a mail it was backordered. I can not cancel the order and I should wait for another month.
I don't recommend wayfair. Go to other store.

ambere18
7/25/16

It is unfortunate Wayfair does not recognize Puerto Rico as part of the United States. Amazon, EBay, Target, Best Buy etc. all offer free shipping to Puerto Rico. The United States Postal and FedEx services Puerto Rico at little to no no additional cost. Wayfair is discriminating against Americans in PR. I spent two days putting together an order only to find out the shipping was more than $1,000, more than the order itself. When I called and talked Kristy in customer service she stated there was nothing Wayfair could do for us. Wayfair should stop discriminating and change their shipping policy to that of many other online retailers. We wil. Be putting this order in on Amazon or Target, respectful online retailers.

barbaral75
7/23/16

I have been extremely disappointed in a product ordered on Wayfair site. Parts were missing and never replaced by the company. They insisted we did not need the missing parts to put the furniture together. They were wrong and refused to fix the problem. I would NEVER order anything from them again.

soupyk
7/18/16

Sent 3 emails each 3 days apart. Form letter email received that they would respond in 8 hours. Haven't heard a word. Poor customer service. Wayfair has gone down hill over the years and products are over priced.

sanjug
7/13/16

Cannot compete with Walmart or Target in pricing and quality.. Its a surprise this company exists!!

theresam37
7/12/16

I was so excited to have saved hundreds of dollars on furniture for my baby's room AND free delivery! Too good to be true? Absolutely! You get what you pay for. The products are slightly below Ikea quality, which is not saying much. It will serve it's purpose and was cheap, so I can't complain too much about that.

Now about the free delivery and website ordering. Initially when I registered on the site I was listed under a different address. I changed the billing address on my order and clicked "same as billing" for the shipping address. I needed to make a slight change to account for instructions as my building number system can be confusing. This reverted the order to my previous address but with the same instructions. Granted, this is probably my own fault for not double and triple checking the address.

D-day comes for my first order. Obviously it goes to the incorrect address. I contact Wayfair to make all the necessary changes to ensure I get my stuff and my pending orders. Their CSR is very helpful and patient. A little, ummm slow, but gets the job done. So I think.

First delivery is left at the side of my building in an alleyway. I watch this happen after a brief discussion with the driver asking the name on the package, address, etc. as I am walking out of my house to attend an appointment. The information he provides is not mine. I assume someone else has a delivery and go on my merry way. I check the tracking info, it says that my order was delivered. Yes, it was the one with all the incorrect delivery info left in the alley. I call, am put on hold over and over again. I am told that I changed the address, etc. and they can't/won't do anything. I say yes, I did change it, to my correct address. I stated that I have an appointment and they need to call UPS and get them to move it out of the alley and to the front door. I get home and it is in my apartment as my loving husband borrowed a car, left work, and rescued it. I look at the label and apparently the CSR thought it was a good idea to put HER name on the delivery instead of mine. Also instead of "southernmost door," as I requested it states "side door." Is that the same thing??

The next day I patiently await my next delivery. I check the UPS site, and lo and behold! They have NO SHIPPING INFO. The address was changed on the first delivery and not the second. The Wayfair website would have me believe all was hunky dory as it was in fact changed on my account and for the order. I call UPS directly this time, they change the info and I now hope for it to arrive tomorrow to the correct address.

Was I notified by ANYONE that there was no delivery info? Nope. Is there a reason Wayfair updated one order and not the other? I don't know. I now am awaiting one more item scheduled for Friday. We will see what adventures may come!

Take my advice peeps, just pay the extra and go with Ikea. The stuff is the same, you're not saving much from Wayfair and Ikea actually delivers on time and to the correct address. Let's just hope I don't go into labour while I wait.

dustinw20
7/1/16

You can probably guess that shipping large furniture has risks and hassles. And Wayfair definitely has not figured out how to avoid them. I have ordered from them twice and both times there were significant hassles. It's just not worth the enjoyable shopping experience online.

stans41
6/30/16

Wayfair charged our credit card and promised a Wednesday delivery. Wednesday came and went. Following up with Wayfair they said we never placed an order. When we sent proof of payment customer service was useless and condescending.

petef10
6/29/16

We ordered a misting patio fan which had been difficult to find, and when the fan arrived it was defective. Wayfair immediately granted a full credit with no hassle. It's always better as a buyer if you don't have a problem with the product, but the true mark of a company is how they handle the problems that inevitably will occur in the course of running a large business. We would absolutely order from Wayfair in the future

brendab40
6/27/16

ORDERING FROM THIS COMPANY IS RUSSIAN ROULETTE. THERE ARE A VERY FEW PEOPLE WHO ARE HAPPY AND MANY MANY MORE WHO HAVE BEEN RAILROADED!!
We ordered a sofa. Waited WEEKS. THEN, two days before our "expected delivery" after sitting on floor all this time ....this happens.
WE receive an email with one line. SAYING...our sofa order has been CANCELLED. Huh ???? By whom????
Now remember, they have our money and we waited weeks! It is 2 days before we were to receive our couch!!!
To make things worse... NO EXPLANATION IN THIS EMAIL, NO INFO AT ALL...LITERALLY JUST A NOTIFICATION ONE LINER THAT OUR SOFA ORDER HAS BEEN CANCELLED. No apology. NADA!!
So we have no idea WHY and even worse still NO COUCH!!
So we write an email to Wayfair ... and get a reply days later saying they will look into it and have THUS FAR received NO FUTHER COMMUNICATION .... 6 weeks on!!!!
If we had done our research we would NEVER have ordered from this place.
SADLY we ordered first.
You know what???? UPDATE - To make things worse when we went shopping for a couch we bumped into a customer in the store who had an even worse experience with Wayfair and the Furniture sales guy says to us "We hear this ALL THE TIME about Wayfair!"
That is REALLY SCARY to us.
FANCY COMMERCIALS ... NO SUBSTANCE WHATSOEVER!!!
Your LIFE WILL BE BETTER WITHOUT WAYFAIR!!!
Preserve your happiness and STAY AWAY!!
If you are a serious risk taker then order.
If you are intelligent and value your money and time and life ... NEVER EVER order here.

lornaw3
6/23/16

I reccommended your site to my sister and she was as thrilled as I have been with every experience I have had with your company....VERY HAPPY

shaanb1
6/21/16

Ordered small items, no issues.

Large items, another story.

Missing parts, stains on fabric, late deliveries on a bed which mean extra nights paying for a hotel, the assembly team I requested never showed up, assembly required electric tools which was never disclosed. Never ordering from them again

melanies49
6/15/16

So I have had nothing but issues with Wayfair/Joss & Main. I ordered a couch on April 5th, waited over 2 months, had 2 delivery dates that I took off work for and never recieved my couch which ended up being lost by the warehouse. If you would like to read about my predicament with Wayfair/Joss & Main in detail, look for my other review, "COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME AND MONEY". Anyway, I ended up cancelling the item on 6/11/16 where I received an email saying someone would contact on the first business day, which should have been the following Monday. When that didn't happen I called on Wednesday, 6/15/16 about getting my money returned to me. Whoever I spoke with said it would take 3-5 business days to see the refund in my account. Well today is the fifth business day and I have spoken with one Wayfair rep who said she didn't why it hadn't shown up in my bank. I then called my bank and they have no record of any refund, I then spoke with second wayfair rep. According to the second rep my refund wasn't processed until today... So when I called last week nothing was done until I called AGAIN and the first rep was the one to actually process my refund, a week later and then tried to hide that fact that nothing was done last week. I will never do business with Wayfair/Joss & Main again and I recommend that you don't either.

brucew54
6/10/16

Wow, great person on the phone selling the item, after the sale a complete nightmare. Promised date was 6/09 and I planned accordingly with my plumber. He was scheduled to work on Saturday 6/11. Well, the part did not get here yesterday and when I called Wayfair they did not know why and stated that the they only contact the company who shipped by email and it may take another 24 hours to respond. I, meanwhile (have to pay my plumber an extra day since he is doing other work for me but cannot finish with out the part I ordered from them) decided to contact the shipper myself and have talked to someone there and expect a call back shortly. So let me see, I bought something from Wayfair and after they made the sale it is obvious that they could not give a crap about my order...If I cannot get it delivered one day tomorrow, I will have to call Wayfair and cancel and then I will contact my credit card company and dissalow payment...let that add to Wayfairs internal costs and perhaps that will help them to feel a little pain! Based upon my experience, Wayfair is just an incompetent company

tonyn40
6/7/16

I keep on seeing commercials about wayfair thought I give them a try. I order a bed frame which came quick especially during memorial holiday. Products was in good shape, everything seemed good until I started to assemble the bed only to realize that I was missing parts. I called wayfair to complain only to get not an apology but we will find out what part is missing and ship it out to u in two weeks. Why two weeks. I called back the next day demanding to speak to the manager in which I did not get but I'm sorry that's all we can do. Representative told me looks like we ran out of that piece that your missing in the warehouse, we have to order more. What kinda services is this. It also seems I'm not the only one that has this issue. Cmon wayfair. Are u actually being fair??!!!!

vicentea4
6/3/16

Very disappointed with Wayfair. I bought this Garden bench on May 1st,2016 arrived with missing parts, and they are saying that I'm going to get the missing part on July 07. Very frustrated. It sounds that they don't care about their costumers.

lynnh52
6/3/16

TheronGracieladGz@outlook.com, at 2430 N 9th St Terre Haute, IN 47804, giving the phone number 526-365-8563 changed my email address and shipping address on my Wayfair account (but not my credit card information). I do not live in this state and do not know this person but somehow they managed to hack my account and update the email and shipping information. I asked Wayfair to have their fraud department investigate this claim.I had to delete my credit card information because even after Wayfair told me they canceled my account my personal information still was active - I deleted it myself.

Tip for consumers: Even if a company tells you they deleted your information, double check to make certain it is done.I felt Wayfair did not take this invasion seriously.

petek21
6/3/16

Great, clean looking, easy to use website. I ordered a non-stick pan set and a stainless flatware set. The flatware set was on sale for $35. Order arrived in the time they stated. Even though the flatware were individually wrapped, most of the pieces had surface scratches - so I submitted a complaint via their website. A customer service rep responded within a day or so and said they would credit me for the flatware set. They gave me back the full amount and I was able to keep and use the set since the blemishes were minor. Good way to gain a customer for life.

melvinp8
5/21/16

If you like Sears and Kmart. I think you will like Wayfait. A good online source.

rhondad7
5/16/16

I purchased 4 seat covers from sure fit and a beautiful cake stand.Both were exactly what i was expecting.I was a little worried spending the money i did at a place ive never shopped before.When i received my cake platter it was even more beautiful than it looked on line,and the dinning room seat covers fit my chairs well considering they are a little bigger than the average dinning room chair.Very pleased with wayfair.

donnap54
5/10/16

I've purchased a handful of things here for my home. One of my fave's is my unique wall mounted wine rack. I've not had any issues in my 3-4 purchases. Good prices and you get points back that turn into dollars off towards future purchases. They have a 3 piece rug sale going on now and I will be perusing their selection.

nicholeh5
5/7/16

I ordered a Patio Dining Table, received it 3 chairs were damaged, one chair had a permanent marker stain, the other a Chalky pink stain, the other you could see staples where the seat and back are combined. The table leg was damaged and gauged! Called immediately was told they would send out replacements!!!! So I wait, in the mean time the fining set I purchased said WATER RESISTANT' right!!!!!! Lol one week after having the set and waiting on the replacements I look out at my patio and there are red rust stains underneath all of the patio chairs , nice ha! Looks like somewhere during the assembly part of making the chairs they must have forgot to put the final coating on! My NEWbrug is ruined with red rust stains! Called a second time, talked to a DELIVERY specialist..... More like a customer service REP . She asked if I could take pictures and send them to her as asked! I did! Still waiting in replacements from the week before! Nothing , they said we will be getting in touch with the manufacturing company and get back to me. A week later .... Nothing! Of course! So I called again another new Delivery specialist this is going on two now said the same thing. Finally called MAY 6 got a new specialist he told me we will just send out. entire new replacement fir table and chairs! And he will call me later last night. Never did! I called again today May 6 another new delivery specialist # 4 now .... Can't do much but give you a credit after the first specialist promised to send replacement chairs that were never sent, after a gift card to purchase a new rug , didn't happen !!!! I got nothing but a $1,000 table and chairs that aren't worth more than $400. A joke!! Never never never will I ever buy another item again!!!! Cheap cheap cheap items ..false promises , horrible customer service, lies lies lies! I will let every consumer company know! They were horrible!

snowf2
5/6/16

I ordered a bed frame that comes in 3 different cartons. I received 2 of the 3 and still waiting for the 3rd because of some confusion with the warehouse... they told me that after the first time I called about it and said they'd send it out right away. It's been almost a month and I'm still dealing with that same problem, confusion with the warehouse. The only thing they said was sorry. Apologizing doesn't matter if you don't correct the mistake. Wayfair.. are you serious? Really surprised they're still in business. They aren't worth your time. For the people who didn't have a bad experience with them, lucky you. I wish I would have read reviews before purchasing from them.

johng332
5/5/16

Just purchased a recliner from wayfair, a Samantha in brownew, says it will hold up to 300 lbs. Well, got it delivered on 5-4-16, sat in it, arms are tight on my sides, no arm padding, my butt is already on the floor, need 2 people to kick the recliner closed. It was also delivered wet. NOT COOL. Why do companies think they are allowed to falsify items and steal your money. NEVER AGAIN...JHG

briang87
5/4/16

Selection says it all no matter which room were shopping for it always comes back to wayfair. We've bought a pool table, a bathroom vanity and to many small items to list through Wayfair. The standard shipping or drop delivery for big items it has always gone great that gives me piece of mind not having to worry about lost items. I'll keep shopping through Wayfair because it's easy, safe and the prices are very fair.

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wayfair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question