Review of Wayfair

Boston, MA 02115
Tel: 1-877-929-3247

nickl72
6/27/17

Can't really say whether product was good or bad, But It has not arrived and I have not gotten any shipping update. I have asked wayfair where it was, and keep hearing "we will have you a update within one business day" 3 days in a row. Ordered a California King mattress and bed Frame also, the mattress arrived in 2-3 days. The cali King bed (nearly 1000$) never did and took them over a month of contacting them every other day to get a refund. I was put in contact with Sarah Whitcomb after about 2 weeks who is their "Delivery specialist here who sorts out any problems on our VIP furniture shipments." Tried contacting her via phone and email a few times for a week. Never got a response from her. I ended up messaging wayfair via twitter to after being given the run around so many times and whoever runs the twitter account refunded me within a day.

jessyc27
6/24/17

I bought a coffee table and dining room table (with 4 chairs) from wayfair for my new apartment. The dining table is pretty stable, but I had to gorilla glue the seats on because there were no holes in the underside of apolostry. And they chipped me a few screws too (fortunately I have a toolbox full of random nails and screws). The coffee table on the other hand began falling apart almost immediately. Its very unsteady, and I will likely have to either buy another one, or reassemble it again with my own supplies this time. It was also much smaller than what was pictured. I ordered these two items together, but they were delivered almost a week apart. The furniture is okay for now, (I don't have kids or anything that'll be climbing on it) but I don't recommend them, and I wont be shopping there again.

annh100
6/24/17

Yeah, don't waste your time & energy with them; just go to a store that delivers. We ordered a kitchen table and chairs. FedEx delivered it on time to the wrong address. The email said the items had been delivered so I called customer service. They are actually very helpful. They were able to go into their system and see that another FedEx truck had retrieved it, seen that it had been opened, took it back to their warehouse for further inspection. But 48 hrs later, no table & chairs at my house. I called again on Saturday morning and customer service said items had been returned to the company but no items had been reshipped. We cancelled the order. FedEx has company drivers and independent contractors. This is the 2nd time FedEx has messed up for us - first was ProFlowers.Com. However, Wayfair.com didn't even bother to reship to us or keep in communication. Will NEVER use them again. Never.

mailaho
6/24/17

I want to order a sofa bed ( Gardner sleeper sofa
Price tag CAN $293.99 from $1313.98 )78% but upon check out the says price is $864.29
I called customer service and he said in their system thats the right price when in fact if its 78% off, $293.99 is about right.
Isn't it suppose to be when they make mistake like that, they honor whats on their website?
Im just disappointed about this.
They're not gold as what they say they are

ameliae11
6/23/17

Shameful ordered desk couch and recliner desk took two weeks to get here couch took month recliner took TWO MONTHS all different delivery companies desk came much assembly required couch came delivery people were great couch was not as described should have been velvet fabric was some kind of denim rough junk the couch had a large tear in back wayfair made it right but dumped the couch on us we had to pay someone to remove it from home now we get to the best part reciner two plus months later I have video cameras inside and outside of home
Delivery company never called or emailed for delivery day time nothing the company backed into my drive way where I have video they opened the back of their truck and kicked
The big box the recliner was in out right in front of my gates (were there's a large bell)the only way on and off the property in addition it was raining and of course no plastic on the box and I'm home alone and can't move it to even get out and do my errands so I went to my neighbors and luckily the had a tarp of course the ground is soaked and so is the box this happened today June 23 2017 Company doesn't care !!!!!!!

johnp562
6/21/17

I needed something for my home for an event so timing was crucial. I was promised 2 day delivery by Wayfair so I ordered with them - then they disappeared for two days. I could not reach anyone - the day the item was to arrive I received an email saying it was on time and a tracking number. When I opened that tracking number link it said it was to arrive 5 days later. I called Wayfair and they hung up on me. Now I still have to find a replacement today.

Very unprofessional company

jimj120
6/16/17

I have placed multiple orders over the years with wayfair.com and everything is available for the most part (as long as the "Out of Stock" image isn't present); however even their in stock items are backordered.

They do not hold any items, they are just a ebay for household items. I was basically told to cancel the order or shut up.

Tip for consumers: Call before placing order, they give you the run around

julia1771
6/16/17

I feel that Wayfair is dishonest in their business practices and borderline fraudulent. I ordered a recliner on May 4, 2017 that was suppose to arrive on June 2, 2017. I was given a tracking number so that I could monitor the delivery process. On the day it was suppose to arrive, the tracking process stopped. I reported this to the company and they gave some excuse as to why it didn't arrive. Because it was so heavy it was going to take longer. My question was if they knew this then why would they give me an inaccurate arrival date. I asked for compensation and they said that they would credit my account 15% and that the new arrival date would be June 9th. It is now June 13th and no word. When I email Wayfair they give me a scripted response, "We're sorry and we are looking into this". Baloney! It shouldn't take them this long to figure out where my recliner is. I believe they oversold and it is out of stock. After I read other reviews of similar situations I have cancelled my order. I WILL NEVER ORDER FROM WAYFAIR AGAIN AND PLAN TO SPREAD THE WORD! BBB here I come!

bronwynf2
6/14/17

When my delivery guys showed up 6 hours late, they blithely informed me that they would be moving my Bedroom furniture into the bedroom but into the foyer, if I wanted it in the bedroom it would cost me an additional $100! I told them I had bought furniture from Ethan Allen and Frontgate and never experienced this level of outright users. I will never buy from them again. My advise/ stay away.

karena135
6/12/17

I furnished my vacation rental in Florida (I Live in NY) usung Wayfair. I just figured it would be easier to send furniture there then to have to go shopping when I arrive. I had my property manager go to the condo when something arrived. Delivery was just as I asked....to be left at front door, packaging was great- sometimes. There were a few things that arrived damaged, but Wayfair fixed that by sending another item. The one frustrating thing was all the dressers and end tables needed to be put together. They came in 10 or 12 pieces, so when you get delivery in a box, you really dont know if it is damaged until you begin to put it together. The tracks to some of the drawers were bend which made the drawers not line up properly, or there was scratches on some of the end tables that you dont see untiol you screw the sides on ect. Those pieces needed to be replaced and then put together again which is very time consuming. I was paying my property manager to be at the condo and putting things together, so if something needed to be put together twice, I had to pay him twice. So I learned Wayfair is not the way to go fo me and the way the pieces were damaged shows me that it happened at the warehouse, not during transit but they sent it anyway. The quality of the furniture is not great like unsturdy legs on chairs and end tables. It really pays to go to a furniture store, spend a little more money and get real wood furniture.

lynettew12
6/12/17

I had to come and write a review because of all the negative reviews I read AFTER placing a order with them I have to admit it scared me because I thought why didn't I look at reviews before ordering because I would never have ordered if I had seen all the negative reviews first but I can honestly say IM HAPPY I DIDN'T see the negativity first because Wayfair is awesome! I have ordered from them several times since the first order as of date and I couldn't be more pleased, there stuff is quality, it arrives promptly NOT ONCE have I been disappointed Wayfair thank you! For great prices, great products you have a customer for life! My message to anyone looking to order from them take it from me DO IT! You won't regret it.

tomf101
6/12/17

site has the best prices better than Amazon Prime. Then we found out we did not need them, they took 75% of the order price back as return shipping? Made a mistake with cheap prices and free shipping, won't do it again.

deanm97
6/10/17

May 2016 I purchased a outdoor lounger for my wife. May 2016 after keeping it out of the weather it emits a rustwater that stains my deck everytime it rains. So I tell "customer service" about the situation. They say the product is no longer sold by them. The manufacturer sai d they have no solution but to wash with soapy warm water. I was also told by Wayfair that if the product were still available they would offer a discount on a new one! Discounted crap is still crap, right?

jamesm662
6/10/17

Delays, lies, horrible customer service. The positive reviews on here are clearly employees of Wayfair's marketing department.

victoriap42
6/10/17

on the website it says two day free shipping, so I get excited knowing that I'll receive my order in two days. I pay with paypal and I get a confirmation email. It's been a week already. I check my account online to see if it's been shipped and it says that they were having some technical difficulties. I call the way fair customer service so they can give me a little bit more information as to what is going on with my order. They said they would fix it and yet now my account was asking me for more money to pay. After waiting for so long, and having to much patience I decided to cancel and get a full refund. That is ridiculous. They lady on the phone did th refund with no problem, but didn't even say sorry or even offer something in return at least because I really wanted that platform bed. I think wayfair needs to work a little bit more with they're customer service & be honest about the shipping.

bradb82
6/9/17

Please be wary of the punished "retail" prices that are fraudulently put in the site to deceive you into thinking you are getting a good deal. I made the mistake of trusting it. When i received the rug I ordered, I googled the brand to see what other styled they offered. To my surprise, I found the rug for less on EVERY site I came across (nearly half price). I contacted customer service as was informed the prices are MSRP, even though nobody sells the rug for even half that price. I returned the rug and even after paying the return shipping, I saved 15%.

leslieh77
6/8/17

Wayfair resent my order for 18 cases of tile a second time, four months after I received my actual order and tried to make me pay the shipping to return it. I spent two days arguing with extremely rude and unhelpful reps, who told me outright that it was not Wayfair's fault, that they had no record of my order in February, that I was not charged twice (I was), and that I was responsible for the return charges. Finally I was connected with a reasonable associate who was able to settle the matter ridiculously quickly. But even after conceding that it was the companies error, they still presented the waiving of the return shipping as a "one time courtesy" to me, like it was a favor, what a joke. I asked to be put in contact with their complaints department and have been ignored. They have horrible customer service and I will not shop here again. Do yourself a favor and shop elsewhere. There are better options.

ayamar
6/7/17

I have pretty much furnished my condo with Wayfair products. (I tried to include pics with this review: the hammock-chair, tv stand, bed douvet + throw pillows, decorative flowers, bedroom curtains, and floating desk with hutch are all Wayfair).Their prices are a tad on the higher end, but they frequently have sales so I can't complain. They ship when they say they will, and the products often arrive a bit earlier than the due date (aka you aren't waiting forever for a product). Out of all the products that I have ordered, I've so far only had one piece of furniture come damaged. And the replacement process was super easy. I took a photo, sent an email, received a prompt response, and they shipped me a replacement piece in record time. The only negative comment I have is that they make it very difficult to return an unwanted item. So make sure you read the reviews on the Wayfair website to better help guarantee that the product you are ordering is the right size, the right texture, the right colour, etc etc because trying to return it just based on the fact that it "not what you expected" isn't really gonna go well for you.

dough54
6/7/17

Was excited to see I could shop by "made in the usa" but still don't have my vanity because, unknown to me, the ship date is meaningless since it involves a third party delivery service. This meant an extra two weeks and me being out of town, now have small window to get it installed and the third party shipper won't answer the phone for four days.. miserable process, 20 minute hold times, at wayfair and still unresolved..

jass48
6/6/17

We had a horrible and unacceptable experience with this online stores customer service. Our family was planning a road trip leaving May 17, so our order was carefully placed online about 15 days before. It was due to arrive no later than May 16. But on May 16 FedEx told me Wayfair gave them the wrong address, missing a digit to my street address. So FedEx was going to fix the issue after hearing from Wayfair. But Wayfair, failed to follow through and take this matter seriously, despite my 2 or 3 dozen calls and emails to them. I was told the delivery would be made on the 17. So we had to change our trip plans and cancel accommodations etc. with penalties. Nothing was delivered on the 17. I called again and was told it would be delivered on the 18th. Guess what? Nothing was delivered again! And again we had to change our trip date. More penalties again. Same story on the 19. More $ penalties and non sense Wayfair communication and excuses. Then I contacted FedEx CEO Smith and they found a way to get it delivered on May 20.
During this excruciating process, we also contacted Niraj Shah Wayfairs CEO. Shah simply responded: I am sorry that this order has become so frustrating. We certainly dont aim for this to happen and are generally known for great service so I apologize for the miss here. We will get in touch with you to fix this situation. I am copying Karen. Karen or someone on her team will be able to sort this out. Sorry again for the frustration and I can assure you that this is a rare exception (though I know that this does not solve the issue). --Niraj. But then he disappeared off the face of the earth and totally ignored the issues and what our family had to go through. His staff kept coming back with excuses and absolutely ignoring the delay and costs. They offered a $30 discount! The 5 full days of distress / having to change family plans / having to find other pet boarding / having to adjust booking / having to deal with FedEx on your behalf, etc. cost us thousands of dollars. Not to mention the high amount of time spent over the phone and email getting to address and resolve the issue.

Apple don't fall far from the tree: If Wayfair customer staff is acting so poorly, being totally inefficient, and careless, it is obviously because they're learning from their leadership. The way Wayfair staff dismissed the issues and damages caused by his poor business practices is despicable. Refunding the product (about $130) after days of distress didn't make up for the company's unacceptable customer service.

bryanm94
6/6/17

I recommend never buying something sight unseen. I had to return a chair and was dumbfounded to learn NOT FAIR WAYFAIR was charging me $72.00 to return it. I will never buy anything from this RIP OFF Company again? How can you you get free shipping on a chair but be charged $72.00 to return it. A minimal fee I certainly accept but $72.00 is a RIP OFF. WAYFAIR will loose a lot more than The return fee from this unhappy customer

lv46
6/1/17

What a great waste of time. I ordered a large carpet at a good price and overpriced carpet pads. Guess what!? They mispriced the carpet, so cancelled that order, but shipped the carpet pads!!! So I can't return the pads, but don't get carpet? WTF. I'm probably going to report these nuts to the better business bureau.

scottr95
5/30/17

Hot mess- wayfair delivered half the furniture and it was the wrong color, arrived on the wrong day, and it multiple emails and phone calls to cancel handy service that did not follow described protocol. The whole order was a hot mess and we were then charged 126 for returning the wrong color furniture. Horrible vendor and a hot mess. I cancelled plans to spend 6000 on and outdoor seating set. I can only imagine joe they would screw this up.

elleb11
5/29/17

I ordered two rugs but received two different rugs. My initial reaction was to lose my mind because all I could imagine was what a pain it was going to be a nightmare wrapping this things back up to return. TO MY SURPRISE...Wayfair insisted that I just keep the two rugs sent in error and I received the correct ones within 3 days! Buy two, get two? Yes, please!

ba8918
5/28/17

10:16:04 AM Agent David B.: Hi Brent, thank you for contacting Wayfair.com.
10:16:16 AM Customer Brent Angry: May 12-17 (Arrive at local delivery partner). Chat on May 18 to find out when arriving - was told May 25. Where is my order?
10:16:29 AM Agent David B.: Do you have your order number?
10:16:36 AM Customer Brent Angry: 2407045475
10:16:58 AM Agent David B.: Please hold for a few moments while I pull up your order.
10:17:39 AM Customer Brent Angry: I'd really prefer to go ahead and get a full refund and forget I ever tried this last month.
10:18:10 AM Customer Brent Angry: I don't think it would qualify as a return if you never actually sent the furniture to me
10:19:04 AM Agent David B.: The note for the item is estimated to be with your local delivery agent today.
10:20:32 AM Customer Brent Angry: I understand that. But it does kind of appear that the note on the Wayfair site just pushes back a week when they miss. Is it likely that we are going to see 6/2 after today ?
10:21:11 AM Customer Brent Angry: .. Since that specific note previously said 5/12 and then 5/19..
10:21:51 AM Customer Brent Angry: Am i able to get the money refunded and then we can stop with the date changes?
10:22:45 AM Agent David B.: We would not be able to set up a cancellation at this time. We could only do a return for the item.
10:23:12 AM Customer Brent Angry: I cannot return what i do not have. What would be the cost for the return?
10:24:50 AM Agent David B.: This is a large parcel item and will require intervention from our specialized team. Would you like to be contacted by phone or email?
10:25:20 AM Customer Brent Angry: I would like -- my furniture delivered or a full refund. Are either of these possible?
10:27:10 AM Agent David B.: let me get one on my delivery specialist to go over the details with you.
10:29:00 AM Agent David B.: please hold while I reach out to them.
10:30:42 AM Customer Brent Angry: Eye-roll emoji

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Allison, Yes, the box that the floor lamp came in did have a picture of the lamp on it. I would ask when you order. I hope this helps. James.

By James W. on 11/17/15
Helpful answer

From my experience, this is company is to be avoided. Sounds like your life will be hectic enough for awhile so you don't need additional stress. Buy elsewhere is my advice.

By judi r. on 9/5/15
Helpful answer

Need to call Customer Service ( a/k/a Customer Disservice) about any issue. Expect to be disappointed, but they may honor it. Best to avoid Wayfair in the future.

By judi r. on 9/29/15
Helpful answer

Suggest calling Customer Service aka Customer disservice. A word of advice: buy elsewhere; anywhere else. This Co. just does not care.

By judi r. on 8/24/15
Helpful answer

No, they will take returns, but you pay fees. As for poor quality, I guess we just swallow it.

By John G. on 5/28/16
Helpful answer

I wouldn't order anything big from Wayfair. I had to order the same product 3 times, and each time, the product was damaged. Wayfair rhymes with nightmare for a reason.

By Joe W. on 6/11/15
Helpful answer

Exact same thing happened to me as many others, the price online said .51 per sq ft, and it said this for at least four days on both the list screen and the screen where you would place your order. When I clicked on it today to put in my order (where the list screen still said .51/sq ft and regular price that was "discounted" was .95, suddenly it started coming up in the cart as $5.88/sq ft. When I called to ask about it, Sadie verified she could see it being offered for .51, but she "had to honor the price in cart." What are you honoring exactly? To use the term "honor" means you are honoring the price you have listed. Thanks for honoring that I could pay 5.37 more, I appreciate it, but no thanks. When you see you are advertising a price, you should "honor" it. She said sorry, that wouldn't help them make a profit, really she said this. I will not be doing business with Wayfair again and would advise everyone to double and triple check before you order, they may jack up the price on you at the very last second then try to convince you they are doing you a favor by charging you over 500% more.

By Jackie C. on 7/15/15
Helpful answer

They were apparently starting a Canadian website but its never happened. There is no wayfair in Ontario. That's why ordering take forever from them, It gets shipped to the border eventually, but than sits there till it goes through customs by their broker that takes his time, than eventually it makes its way to You.

By ge g. on 10/30/15
Helpful answer

I went on the website to find a return address. Nothing. More baloney from this company. Here is the website, but I think that calling will help. http://www.wayfair.com/customerservice/returns_and_damage.php

By Joe W. on 7/29/15
Helpful answer

Wayfair is horrible, still waiting for recliners I ordered almost a month ago

By Jay D. on 4/21/17
Questions? Get answers from the Wayfair staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Wayfair