US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

conneo
2/28/17

your website and customer service told me my package shipped 2/23 but UPS says it shipped out on 2/27, yesterday, 5 days after your company told me it shipped out.. I was not provided that information when I ordered your product as it was supposed to arrive for a birthday.

No wonder UPS couldn't find the product when I called yesterday 2/27, because it wasn't even shipped, 5 days later.

Nor will it arrive fri 3/3 as you indicated, UPS said it will not arrive until 3/6, 12 days after I placed my order

maybe these practices should be reviewed, terrible for management to put your customer service in this position to deceive, I'd rather have upfront info to base my decision on a purchase

ruthz9
2/28/17

I ordered a daybed, included inner spring, roll trundle for under bed ,2 mattresses and daybed set. This was on a Friday morning, later that day I cancelled the entire order. Cancellation was confirmed as received. The items were still shipped reason they were closed over weekend and only saw cancellations on Monday morning. I refused delivery and returned to sender. Despite my cancellation I have to pay return and refusal fee. Wayfair does not tell you they order their products elsewhere. NEVER ORDER ANYTHING FROM WAYFAIR.I am still fighting my case.

daynas5
2/19/17

I ordered a mirror on January 9th. It was to be delivered freight by January 28th. On February 31st I called because I didn't receive it. They blamed it on the weather and said I would have it by February 3rd. Well again no mirror so I called AGAIN. This time they got back to me and said it would be here by February 13th. Surprise, surprise, no mirror! Called again only to have them tell me it was lost and they could order me a new one which would arrive March 15th. Keep in mind I did not get an apology and they kept telling me that this was not typical. After 6 weeks, I canceled my order. I placed an order for the same mirror with another company and will have it in one week! DONT ORDER FROM WAYFAIR. They are terrible!

janinew11
2/19/17

Customer service is excellent, quality is good (you get what you pay for, it's not high end) and returns are easy.

robc76
2/18/17

Placed order. Clear shipping address, with confirmation email. Subsequent email has totally different, incorrect address. Have to call to fix their mistake, explained clearly, written off without an apology.. finally resolved. Move on. Delivers to the wrong address anyway!!! Have to talk at length to them again to get it sent to me. Dont process the discount code I gave them. Don't even bother sending it priority after all of their mistakes. The bed arrived chipped... sure, I could have gone to great length and personal expense to resolve the chip. But is it even worth it at that point? No compensation offer beyond "take the bed apart and send it back in again." Of course you know that no one will do that. Completely ridiculous!!! Oh and something along the lines of "sorry we can't fix our mistakes via express mail." So I've still yet to receive something that was supposed to arrive almost a week ago. Never mind the large number of orders I'd placed and all of the money I'd spent. When I told them I was unsatisfied with the service? Oh, you bet. "Sorry you feel that way." I'd rather shop somewhere that doesn't take their customers for granted and behave so flippantly forwards their repeated inadequacies and failures.

philipc39
2/15/17

Wayfair has good rugs and at good prices but working with customer service on problems is not worth ordering with this company.

On my second rug order I ordered 2 small rugs. One arrived no problem. The second rug was not the rug I ordered. Called Customer Service and started working with a very nice Customer Rep # 1 in their Bangor, ME office, who asked me to email him a picture of the rug I received. I sent him a picture of the rug and the label on the back. He agreed with me this was not the rug I ordered. After a little research told me that the rug I ordered and the rug sent shared the same SKU number in their system. I asked to to find out if they still had the rug I wanted and to get back to me by phone or email. I suspected they no longer carried the rug I wanted. He promised to get back to me and that was the last I heard from Rep # 1. Instead 3 days later I received another box containing the same wrong rug I already had. So now I had 2 wrong rugs and no idea if I would ever get the rug I actually ordered. I left voice mails and emails for the Rep #1 but after a week I had received no replies. I called the main number and got Customer Rep # 2 in their Texas office. I explained my problem and she could see the photo I sent to Rep # 1 and agreed they were not the same rug. She told me Rep # 1 had been out of the office for the last couple of days but would be in the next day and she would leave a message for him to get in contact with me. I waited 2 more days and no contact from Rep # 1. So called again and asked for a supervisor. Customer Rep #3 also in the Texas office assured me that she could solve whatever problem I had. I told her I prefered not to explain my problem over and over. I wanted a supervisor who would assign my issue to someone who had the knowledge and experience to solve my issues. But Customer Rep #3 insisted she would be that person so I told her the complete story. She could see the pictures I had emailed to Rep # 1 and also agreed they were not the same rug. I asked her to research the issue and before she did anything contact me and give me the answer to 4 questions. I told her that as I had asked Rep # 1 I wanted to work with them to solve the problem and so don't keep me in the dark or try to resolve the issue until we could agree on a solution.

Here are the 4 questions.
Q1. Do they still have the rug I want available?
Q2. What is the price for the wrong rug they sent me? (I might want to buy one of them.)
Q3. What is their return process so i could return 1 or both of the wrong rugs sent me.
Q4. Rep # 1 did something to my account that showed a partial refund had been issued. However no refund had been received by me. So I wanted to know what was going on with this. Was it real or just a fictitious entry.

The next day I received an email from Rep #3 saying she contacted the supplier to find out if my rug was still available and sent an internal Wayfair ticket to make my issue a priority to be solved. I waited 2 more days and received an email from Customer Rep # 4 (who I had never spoken with at all). Rep #4 told me that I was mistaken and the rug they sent me was the right rug all along. (Imagine how embarrassed I felt causing all this problem because I was just too dumb to realize the rug I wanted and the rug I received were the same rug.) Rep # 4 explained that the rug pictured was a full size rug and the rug I ordered was a smaller version and of course it would look different. Then to top it off Rep #4 told me that I could keep the first wrong rug and they would be happy to set up a return for the second wrong rug and "they would waive the normal return fee as a token of their apology", or I could just keep the second rug no charge. It certainly sounded to me like they were doing me a favor waiving the return fee. I don't see it as a favor since they sent me 2 wrong rugs. Up until that point I was trying to work with them to see how we could resolve the issues. But the email sent by Rep #4 was an insult and certainly made it sound to me like they were doing me a favor for my inability to compare pictures of 2 rugs side by side. So now I have pretty much given up. I want to send back the 2 wrong rugs and get a refund and never do business with this company ever again. I had planned that over the next few years buying a few rugs and maybe some furniture but I'll walk a mile to give my business to someone else who knows how to provide good smart customer service.

To sum up I have now spent about 10 or 12 days talking to 4 Customer service reps for about 2 hours or so of my time and their time and I am no closer to understanding what happened or the answers to my 4 questions. Wayfair has spent probably 4 or 5 times their potental profit from this small sale on Customer Rep and warehouse time and in the process made me an angry X customer. They could have said on the first call, sorry the rug you want is no longer carried, do you want keep the wrong rug as substitute or return it to us for a refund..And I would have been satisfied. It would have taken less than 10 minutes for each of us to come to an agreement and I would still be a customer. I would have chalked it up to an inventory control problem and found some other rugs to buy. But now I know the truth. Their customer service is worse than horrible. It seems planned. t seems the regular way they do business and not a mistake or goof up.

I have sent Customer Rep #3 and #4 emails asking them to call me so I can see if I can find out what is really happening. And in particular why Customer Rep #4 seems to think these two rugs are actually the same. I would guess that 99 out of 100 people would agree these two rugs are not the same.Why in the world would they at this late date try to convince me of that rather than just say sorry ship us back the 2 wrong rugs and we will refund your money? This makes no sense what so ever. But I am curious so I want to hear the excuse for this strange reply. The 2 rugs in question are below. The one on the left is what I ordered and the one on the right is what I received twice.

So again I think the rugs I have are of good quality and the prices are reasonable, but their customer service is so poor that I would not trust them with a large dollar purchase. They strike me as a company that may not be around much longer.

Tip for consumers: Don't it isn't worth the energy.

rogera35
2/15/17

This is an open review for Wayfair Furniture distributors. Over the years, I have purchased several items in stores and on line dealing with multiple companies and have often been satisfied and happy with the products I purchased and sometimes not so pleased. When a product does not meet your expectations, you now have certain options that include refund, replace, exchange, etc. This is when you must deal with customer service and that is when a company shows it's true colors and in my opinion, Wayfair passes with "flying colors". Although with many purchases I have made, the products arrived in good condition, I write this review for two (2) separate purchases I have made through Wayfair that arrived damaged.
The first time I had to deal with Wayfair's customer service was when a Glass Table that was delivered, arrived "shattered" in the box, noticeably damaged in shipping by careless handlers. I immediately got on the phone and called Wayfair expecting to be given a "hard time" from a company representative, but it was quite the opposite. I was immediately connected to a very polite and sympathetic gentleman who told me they would refund or send a replacement table to me at no cost. I did not have to return the damaged goods, and he apologized to me for the inconvenience of having to dispose of the destroyed table. I am happy to say, a replacement table arrived in a short period of time and I was completely satisfied.
The second, and most recent issue I had was with the purchase of a wooden storage bench that I bought through Wayfair from one of their providers. I could have bought this same bench from a different vendor, but chose to pay a little more to Wayfair because of my previous satisfaction. Unfortunately when the item arrived, the seat top on the bench had noticeable damage (from the factory) and was not mounted properly (hinge screws were stripped). I contacted Wayfair customer service once again wondering if I would receive the attention I did before and I was treated exactly the same! This time, when I told the first lady I spoke with what had happened and requested a replacement part, there was a misunderstanding what exactly I needed and the manufacturer sent the wrong part and it could not be used. Another call to Wayfair and this time I was connected with "Mercedes" who understood completely what I needed and told me she would order the correct replacement part and have it shipped ASAP! The part arrived, which I installed and am very happy now with my purchase, but even more happy with my interaction with Wayfair's customer service on not just one, but three (3) separate occasions and each time was treated by three (3) separate representatives who were kind, compassionate, sensitive to my needs and respectful of my situation. And each time, without hesitation or reservation, immediately attended to my problem. They took customer service to an all time high and I will continue to use them and recommend their company to my family, friends and anyone who wants to purchase products through a reliable company that excels in customer service. I give them a 10+ star rating!

mikem423
2/12/17

Contacted wayfair about some kitchen stools. Everyone is selling them for $629/stool. I contacted Wayfair to see if they would give us a discount on 4. Nope...not even a dime. I found a site that has them on sale for $535-ish and purchased from them. Told Wayfair to delete my account...I'm done!

barbarah148
2/10/17

Just received my first order of three items. Linen hanging shoe rack fine, set of padded hangers fine. The most expensive item was a set of 2 bath sheets. No sign in their generic packaging that they are the brand described by Wayfair. Thin, cheap, poorly sewn. Never would have bought these in a store. You can't tell what they are like until you pull off the wrapping. However, once you pull off the wrapping you can't return. Not shopping with them again.

pwt
2/2/17

I ordered a floor lamp from Wayfair on 1/29/17. It arrived yesterday (2/2/17). Very good turn around time. However the lamp arrived in a box that had obviously seen an impact or two, and the lamp was broken. I took 3 photos detailing the damage and uploaded them along with an explanation and a request for a replacement lamp. In no time at all I received an email that indeed they would send a replacement. Great. But then reading further down I saw that I may not receive this lamp until May 11th. May 11th??? This is not the way to treat new customers... it makes them old customers.

tammyd48
1/25/17

Company shipped merchandise to my old address, I never received the merchandise . I ordered with my correct new addresss, but customer service claimed it was my mistake because my old address as never deleted off the account. They refused to ship merchandise to address placed when ordered, and charged me to ship fed ex back to them. Terrible customer service, the company doesn't care about keeping long time customers.

ap1182
1/16/17

I bought many things through this site, always found the items I liked in a very good prices and they have a good quality. I can't tell you about their costumes service as I didn't need it but will update

terryk57
1/13/17

I ordered a dinning room suite from these people.The money came out of my Canada Trust Visa card. Then they stated my address didn't match the information from the bank and they cancelled my order. I spoke to the bank and they verified that they only had my one address and it was correct. I contacted Wayfair again agreed to re charge the amount which they did. I waited two weeks and the delivery was to be made and again they cancelled the order. This place has to be run by idiots who apparently don't want to sell there product. If I could rate them minus ten I would.

josep2275
1/13/17

Bought a $550 cabinet. Made in China. It was not square and would not lock in rear clasps. One door was missing a crucial pin. Never again!

jocelynel2
1/13/17

Just purchased 2 Chrisanna wing back chairs..very satisfied....they are gorgeous...in some comments read, people were saying legs were not level...when we installed legs on chair, the legs were uneven & by just switching legs around it rectified the problem..just wanted to comment on this so that people experiencing this problem could rectify it.

christinev18
1/11/17

Don't ever buy anything on Wayfair because the quality of the items is bad and the service is terrible. I returned something but Wayfair said that i was lying and never refunded my money. They treat their customers badly and the items are poorly made. I am really upset, and never experienced anything like this before. This is the worst! Please avoid with all costs !

charlener11
1/11/17

One of the 4 chairs that I ordered in December 2016 was defective with a broken leg. It has been over a year and they have repeatedly pushed back the replacement date three months at a time. After a year of postponement and owning an incomplete set of chairs, I have asked for a refund and to return the unused chairs. They say no...it has been too long. I have repeatedly reminded them that I agreed to keep the chairs based on their replacement promises. Today they agree to refund price of two chairs...all of which will have to be donated to Goodwill.

tamis19
1/5/17

I ordered some items from Sears.com that turned out to be shipped from Wayfair. I was not told when I ordered the items (via phone) that return shipping would have to be paid should I want to return the items. I have ordered from Sears many times & just returned the items to the local Sears store in order to receive a refund. Very disappointed to find out I had to pay almost $8.00 to return to very light weight valances. I will NOT be ordering from Wayfair again & will be very careful that any item I order is being shipped from the original store & not Wayfair.

mela661
1/4/17

Customers are required to pay shipping and then wait months for a refund.

trinecah
1/2/17

I ordered something on Dec 30th cxld it on Dec 31st. And now I'm waiting to see IF I'll rcv my full refund.. I'm hoping that this company is not as bad as I have read, wish me luck!!!!!

marcusv7
12/30/16

I purchased their evergreen eco storage ottoman to match another piece my wife bought for our bedroom.

It was 4 weeks late, and each time I contacted Wayfair customer service, they assured me it would be there "the next day" a few times.

It finally showed up on 12-18 and it has a few scuffs, but nothing to note other than that.

I don't know if I would order again honestly, it doesn't seem like they have their distribution in order.

nancyf51
12/29/16

I needed a bed for house guests who were coming for Thanksgiving. I checked numerous options but eventually chose one from Wayfair because Wayfair could deliver it by November 17th, well before Thanksgiving. I placed the order on November 13th.

I received a notice that the bed had shipped on November 15th but later learned it would not "arrive at the delivery partner" until November 28th!! When I called Wayfair for an explanation, I was told to click on the fine print at the bottom of the page to get more information about delivery. Evidently when Wayfair says it will "Ship by November 17th" they mean it will ship from China to a "delivery partner in the US" by that date, not delivered to a consumer within a reasonable period of time.

I feel Wayfair's representations concerning delivery expectations, are fraudulent and deceiving. Wayfair knew that the bed was a big piece of furniture and knew where it was located at the time it was ordered. Wayfair intentionally misrepresented the expected delivery time by burying the actual delivery information on its order form, in order to deceive the consumer into believing it could be delivered in a few days. The misrepresentation is exasperated by the fact that much of Wayfair's other advertising contains representations that items will be delivered in a few days.

Unfortunately, the problem continued once the bed was delivered to the "delivery partner", ASA Logistics. After receiving a phone message from them asking me to call them with more information about a proposed delivery date, I played "phone tag" with their office for over a week. Evidently they do not answer their phone in the afternoons. When ASA receives messages from people attempting to reach them, they wait a couple more days before attempting to call them back. Most (if not all) of those calls are made in the morning-- a busy time for me. Once we finally connected, it was scheduled for deliver another 5 days later. The bed was finally delivered on December 20th, five weeks after I ordered it.

Needless to say, I will not be ordering anything from them in the future.

nicolep77
12/28/16

Purchased an item from wayfair website for $800 with a guaranteed delivery date within a couple weeks. However, went into a black hole from there. No way to track delivery status because wayfair uses local delivery companies that only provide estimated dates and no tracking numbers. Called Wayfair numerous times after realizing my item was likely never to show and they would consistently guarantee a call from the delivery company within 24 hours, but you guessed it...no call. The only guarantee when purchasing through Wayfair is the worst customer experience you've ever had! Stick with amazon.

stephaniee32
12/28/16

Love my bed I ordered!! was easy to put together and each time I've ordered I've gotten my order the same week prices are great too

marciap17
12/27/16

I will never again order anything from Wayfair.com! On Thanksgiving weekend I ordered a dining room table and chairs to be delivered by December 9th, just in time for the holidays. After they charged my credit card the delivery date was changed three times by Wayfair. To make matters worse the contracted delivery company changed the delivery dates and times on two separate occasions. The third attempt at delivery was for December 24 a time and date picked out by the delivery company. The delivery company never showed or called during the four hour delivery window on Christmas Eve. I called Wayfair.com customer service several times complaining about having been charged $2500 and never receiving my item. They kept sending me follow up emails telling me that it was my responsibility to reach out to the delivery company to reschedule the delivery. The delivery company never answer their telephone or returned my phone call. After communicating this problem several times to Wayfair's customer, Wayfair kept sending me follow up emails telling me that it was my responsibility to reach out to the delivery company. After missing two days of work waiting for the schedule delivery of my dining room set I canceled the item. The worst part about this entire experience is the fact that I had to pay $144 return shipping to Wayfair when my order was never even delivered to me in the first place.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

40 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wayfair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question