Review of Wayfair

Boston, MA 02115
Tel: 1-877-929-3247

optimuss1
8/22/17

Ordered a small dining set in mid-May and did not finally receive until mid-July, but had long since paid for the item. Multiple calls and emails with Wayfair did not help as the item was basically lost in shipping, sitting in a container somewhere. To their credit, Wayfair refunded me 10%, but it's not worth the stress of wondering if you'll ever get your item, when you're going to file a BBB complaint, etc. Will not use Wayfair again, they are just making a buck with a nice website but have no real operational oversight of the product or delivery.

kristinb56
8/21/17

I ordered a $400 ceiling fan that required very complicated wiring, and as such, I can not install it in my home. This is a completely reasonable and legitmate reason to return the item. When I called Wayfair to start the return process, they told they would not accept the item back. Now I am out $400 and am stuck with large item I can not use. Unacceptable customer service. I will never shop Wayfair again.

tinad80
8/21/17

I found he exact item I needed - Ordered it on 7/17 and was surprised to see the item ship on 7/18. One month later, my item still hasn't arrived -but I did get the bill promptly!

They may have what you need but please don't count on actually receiving it - Shop elsewhere.

sallyr45
8/19/17

I'm writing a review because I've had great experiences with Wayfair. I bought a 5' round accent Barton Beige Area Rug it has rich beautiful coloring and quality made. I returned this only because my miscalculation of needing a larger size. The return went quickly and immediately my return funds were deposited in my bank account. I also bought a different time the Collage Wall Hanging 5 Opening Picture Frame. It's beautiful and hanging in my dining room. I'll buy from Wayfair again and would recommend them.

carolynp48
8/19/17

I purchased 4 outdoor Jeco chaise lounges from Wayfair and after 14 months outside, the wicker deteriorated and can no longer be used. Both Wayfair and Jeco said no refund or exchange since it happened beyond the 12 month warranty. Are you kidding me, an outdoor item is only meant to last 14 months? Wayfair does not stand behind the products they promote. Do not expect help after 12 months!

juliee30
8/18/17

I ordered a kitchen table from wayfair, about a week and a half later it arrived- broken! Very poorly packaged in the box and completely damaged. We were told to keep the chairs which were fine and discard the table and a new table would be delivered. Another week and a half later the table arrived. This time, they only sent us the table top and NO LEGS! Now we have to wait another 1.5 weeks for the legs of the table to arrive. They claimed they are not able to rush ship anything due to the third party they use. I will not be ordering from them again if this is what to expect from their shipping department.

davidk330
8/17/17

Purchased 4 outdoor all weather chaise loungers. All metal (bolts that hold unit together) and bottom of legs all rusted. Called and talked with customer service who told me not designed for outdoors. Where else would you put "all weather" chaise loungers.

carolynm98
8/16/17

Ordered sofa on August 10. Checked on order today, August 16, to discover the order cancelled due to concern of fraud. Billing address was different than shipping address. Evidently, they have never sent a piece of furniture to another state than the credit card address. I called customer service.
No apology, but did offer to reorder. Not sure if I can trust them

courtneyp39
8/16/17

I ordered a massive rug for a really cheap price. When I received it, the inside wrapping was too tight and cut into the carpet itself. I emailed & reported it. They mailed me a new one free of charge & let me
Keep the old one! No questions asked. Very impressed!!

lisac337
8/15/17

I have used Mayfair for many years, I lost my card got a replacement that is useless. I can't use it, I have spoke to a supervisor who told me they didn't have the knowledge of how to add new card. 2 weeks later still can't figure it out. When I asked the gentleman how the hell something like this could happen he told he has never dealt with any customer that has lost their card. I'm totally Pissed. Beware really weird stuff going on over there.

dawnm93
8/14/17

I'm giving them two stars because ultimately the chair we ordered is "fine" for the price. And also, due to their error we ended up getting a full refund.

We ordered a chair and ottoman SET. I emailed Wayfair to ensure it was indeed a set. Not only did they respond to confirm it, but they put my question on their site under the item.

And of course, a week later we received a chair and no ottoman.

After a lot of mess that I won't go into, we were told the only way to resolve this was to send another SET, then they would send us a shipping label and we would have to repackage the original chair and arrange to have it picked up by Fedex. What?? Okay, whatever....

Yeah, we received a second chair and NO OTTOMAN!!! a few days later. I nearly exploded. We called and told them to come pick up BOTH chairs, we no longer wanted them. They were supposed to send a label to have them picked up by fedex. That was three and a half weeks ago. The CSR told us if we hadn't heard from them in two weeks then the chairs were ours to keep.

That sounds great but remember we have two chairs and no ottoman. Also, I was not in love with the chair once it arrived. And we don't have a huge living room, so we don't have space for the second chair. It's currently sitting, still wrapped up, on horses in our garage. I'm not sure what we'll do with it. And they're the only place that seems to sell the matching ottoman (which isn't going to be available until early 2018 anyway, after all of this mess.) and I really don't want to give them anymore business.

So no, I would not recommend doing business with them. They are also the same company as Joss & Main, Birch Lane, and some others. Why they have various names, I don't know.

shelleys11
8/14/17

When I bought a table it needed to be returned and replaced. They were very attentive and kept up with me via e-mail. The women who constantly kept in touch was Mandi. I love their products and their service

tracyv22
8/11/17

This is my continued review of Wayfair. So the sectional that was lost never was found, the set that was supposed to be shipped on Aug 1st, got the text saying it was, never shipped 3 weeks later they're saying it's still waiting to be shipped, then it takes a month to get here so I'd get it sometime at the end of Sept. Who knows, since they keep telling me it was going to ship and it still hasn't, but just in time to cover it for the winter. I told the manager if your telling me that you can't guarantee that it's going to ship next week then cancel it. Next thing I know, it's cancelled. Sooooo maddening, no apology again, not even an email from her saying she's going to cancel it, just the standard email. The only reason Wayfair stays in business is because of all the little things they sell. Because I've read a ton of reviews about these guys even the employees hate working for them. Buy from someone else if your buying big, they don't have their own shipping company to get it done right. They could care less if your having a problem with your order. When you call customer service those ppl are friendly, but the minute you have a problem they'll act like they care but in the end they don't. I could've been enjoying my outdoor sectional for 2 months if I had bought it from someone else but now I get to wait till next year to enjoy it.

billg70
8/9/17

My wife ordered a Patio set
they sent multiple sets we sold 1 and decided to pay for both
now she ordered a hammac for my birthday
they keep sending stuff we didn't order
they sent a 200# swing, a lamp and a chair and won't take these items back
we decided to would rather file bankruptcy then pay for the items we didn't order

as5547
8/9/17

I ordered a TV stand early July 2017, and it was supposed to be delivered to me mid-July. The estimated delivery date passed and I received nothing, so I contacted them, stayed on the line for 15 minutes, only to hear that the item is on back-order and won't be delivered to me until a week later. And then I kept receiving emails on the delivery dates that the item is still on backorder and the shipment is delayed, July 31, Aug 9, Aug 17... When I contacted the store for the 2nd time, a rude customer service agent told me that she cannot do anything about that, and I had to cancel my order.

A bunch of frauds. This is the worst experience I have ever had. Stay away from them!

jm324
8/8/17

After ordering 1 chair cushion which arrived in 2 days, I decided to order 5 more for my other DR chairs. Online order confirms 2-day delivery, but after waiting another 3 days - NOTHING. Called cust. service & put on hold for 13+ min. only to be told that order was never fulfilled & will take another 1-2 business days to get in touch with their Kentucky warehouse & find out what happened. I asked if I can follow up via email, but cust service said they have huge backlog with emails & will take several days to get response. Wayfair rep. also said they cannot call their warehouse by phone to check on an order. Terrible service! Needless to say, cancelled order!

nimam2
8/8/17

We, from Vancouver Canada, purchased a pair of night table lamps on Wayfair website but when delivered, they were nothing similar to the pictures! Absolutely low quality material and production. The only thing "high" about them was the price, more than double the brands like Crate&Barrel, or West Elm etc.! On Wayfair website, they were discounted to around $226.99 each, with original price of $369.99.
But, that wasn't the worst part! When we wanted to return those, there were two options; get store credit (are you kidding me?!!) with free shipping OR get a full refund with shipping cost on customer!!! We literally paid $63 for a deceptive and fraudulent advertisement!

kristynan
8/6/17

Don't buy anything from them, first check prices. I found that the same furniture they provide its way cheaper from other companies.

cathrynl2
8/4/17

Packages were delivered late. Customer service was poor. My daughter's bunk bed was shipped in 5 packages and when 4 of the five were delivered the boxes were open, pieces were chipped. When I asked about the fifth box I was told it would be delivered THREE days later. Another shipment was pushed back over a week. Just use Amazon. Wayfair is a joke

lindab389
8/4/17

I ordered a papasan chair that arrived with a saw cut through one of the wood frame pieces. I write support and received 2 nice responses saying they'd rectify the situation with a replacement part, a full replacement of the unit or a full refund. Instead what I got was a 10% discount coupon that had to be used within 2 months. Don't know what happened to the support team but they really let me down completely. I won't be buying from Wayfair again--and I like their stuff...but forget it!

christym25
8/1/17

Ordered a 9 drawer dresser for my master bedroom. Delivery date was set with a 12-4pm window and a guaranteed call 30 minutes before delivery. At 3:45pm I had not heard from anyone so I called. I was on hold waiting for a rep for 20+ minutes. They tell me they cannot locate the driver nor can they reach him by phone. At 5:35pm they ring my doorbell but are parked in my neighbors driveway. Mind you I live on a private street with significant distance between houses so I gave specific driving instructions which they failed to follow. The box has a hole in it so I open the box and sure enough there is huge hole in the back of the dresser, so I refuse the delivery. They lug the dresser back to the neighbors driveway and on the truck but then can't leave because the truck has broken down. I made multiple phone calls and customer service tells me they can't do anything because the delivery warehouse is now closed. The driver made several phone calls but would not give me his supervisors name or number. After being stranded for 3 hours they claim to have someone on the way to fix and/or move the truck. It's currently 9:24pm, their employees have been stuck for 4 hours and they are still sitting in my neighbors driveway blocking them in, unable to get out. This was my 1st and last order.....I'm more upset with how they've treated their employees. Or should I say, how they've abandoned their employees.

chrisw271
8/1/17

Ordered a dining bench through the Wayfair Website. First it took 2 weeks to start the delivery which I was ok with. Then after two weeks I was told it was being delivered that Wed after I called on Saturday. Wednesday coems and goes and I call back and they say that it should have been delivered and to call the delivery company. I call the delivery company and they tell me they do not even have it and it would arrive the following Wednesday. Wednesday again comes and goes. I call the delivery company and they do not answer. I call wayfair and they say we do not know what happened and put me on hold to talk to a delivery specialist. Customer service rep comes back on and says they have a long wait and will have them give me a call soon. I never hear from them and am now on hold again.

nataliec47
7/25/17

I ordered a headboard, two wingback chairs and a coffee table. I totally wished I'd reviewed this site prior to placing and receiving the items- quality was so so, but returned the sofa table for almost 1/3 of the cost of the table. The process for return is exhaustive to say the least. Yes beware and with so many poor reviews- how are they still not reviewed by BBB and requested or mandated to get better. Will never ever order from them again. I know the brick and mortar furniture stores are going away with the "online" option. Not good at all.

lucasb47
7/21/17

After having announced delivery of the pool table twice, being 1 month late, the table still hasn't been delivered and they pretend it has. They are crooks and can't handle deliveries properly.
DO NOT TRUST THEM!

susiem22
7/21/17

My first (and last) experience with Wayfair. Their TV commercials and exposure on numerous HGTV shows makes Wayfair appear appealing & safe. They are not! I ordered six (6) Talavera Mexican tiles from Wayfair. They arrived on time & packed well. Except the tiles that arrived were the wrong size. Double checked my order to make sure I'd ordered the correct size. Yep I did! Ok, now the BAD news....Worse news begins. I emailed Wayfair explaining that they made a mistake & I wanted to return the tiles. I knew at this point I didn't have time for another mistake cuz tiles were for a fireplace project & contractor needed ASAP. So, I received a generic response from Wayfair that someone would be in contact with me, blah, blah, blah. NEVER heard from them. So, decided to initiate a return at website. So, I have to pay Wayfair twice the original ship cost to mail the tiles back--due to their mistake. I also chose "email me a return shipping label.
STILL HAVE NOT RECEIVED ONE EMAIL FROM THEM ADDRESSING MY/THEIR PROBLEM. IM JUST GOING TO find their address, send tiles back signature receipt required and then file a complaint with BBB and anyone else who will listen. These people are theives plain and simple. This was a costly mistake but I'm glad I didn't make a larger purchase. Not sure how this ripoff company can stay in business. NEVER EVER WAYFAIR AGAIN!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Allison, Yes, the box that the floor lamp came in did have a picture of the lamp on it. I would ask when you order. I hope this helps. James.

By James W. on 11/17/15
Helpful answer

From my experience, this is company is to be avoided. Sounds like your life will be hectic enough for awhile so you don't need additional stress. Buy elsewhere is my advice.

By judi r. on 9/5/15
Helpful answer

Need to call Customer Service ( a/k/a Customer Disservice) about any issue. Expect to be disappointed, but they may honor it. Best to avoid Wayfair in the future.

By judi r. on 9/29/15
Helpful answer

Suggest calling Customer Service aka Customer disservice. A word of advice: buy elsewhere; anywhere else. This Co. just does not care.

By judi r. on 8/24/15
Helpful answer

No, they will take returns, but you pay fees. As for poor quality, I guess we just swallow it.

By John G. on 5/28/16
Helpful answer

I wouldn't order anything big from Wayfair. I had to order the same product 3 times, and each time, the product was damaged. Wayfair rhymes with nightmare for a reason.

By Joe W. on 6/11/15
Helpful answer

Exact same thing happened to me as many others, the price online said .51 per sq ft, and it said this for at least four days on both the list screen and the screen where you would place your order. When I clicked on it today to put in my order (where the list screen still said .51/sq ft and regular price that was "discounted" was .95, suddenly it started coming up in the cart as $5.88/sq ft. When I called to ask about it, Sadie verified she could see it being offered for .51, but she "had to honor the price in cart." What are you honoring exactly? To use the term "honor" means you are honoring the price you have listed. Thanks for honoring that I could pay 5.37 more, I appreciate it, but no thanks. When you see you are advertising a price, you should "honor" it. She said sorry, that wouldn't help them make a profit, really she said this. I will not be doing business with Wayfair again and would advise everyone to double and triple check before you order, they may jack up the price on you at the very last second then try to convince you they are doing you a favor by charging you over 500% more.

By Jackie C. on 7/15/15
Helpful answer

They were apparently starting a Canadian website but its never happened. There is no wayfair in Ontario. That's why ordering take forever from them, It gets shipped to the border eventually, but than sits there till it goes through customs by their broker that takes his time, than eventually it makes its way to You.

By ge g. on 10/30/15
Helpful answer

I went on the website to find a return address. Nothing. More baloney from this company. Here is the website, but I think that calling will help. http://www.wayfair.com/customerservice/returns_and_damage.php

By Joe W. on 7/29/15
Helpful answer

Wayfair is horrible, still waiting for recliners I ordered almost a month ago

By Jay D. on 4/21/17
Questions? Get answers from the Wayfair staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Wayfair