US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

denisec59
9/24/16

I checked with their Chat help to find out if I could have something delivered on a Saturday. Not only did they say I could, they also said I could request set up. Since it was a large piece of furniture, I decided to order. I put in the order, put Saturday delivery in the special delivery instructions as directed but couldn't find where to put set up requested so I put it in special delivery instructions. When my final order was sent it said it would come in two shipments three weeks apart and neither were on a Saturday. I went back to Chat help to find out how to fix it and was told the first person gave me incorrect information and that it wasn't considered a large order so it was going by Fedex and would be dropped off at the door within the window stated on my receipt. (big bulky day bed with mattress and trundle not a large order?) Anything that has to be put together and arrive in more than one container needing more than one person to lift or move is LARGE!!! When I said I didn't want the order, the Kody ended the session. I had to call to get them to cancel the order. I was told that within the 10 minutes of all this happening that they had already moved it from the warehouse and sent it to shipping. I would have to wait 24 hours to get confirmation they received the items back at the warehouse THEN they would put in the credit card reversal and I would have to wait another 3-5 days after that to have it reflected on my credit card. Now, as I don't like to max out my credit cards, I have to wait another week to order what I needed and hope it gets here before my guests arrive. I will NEVER shop with Wayfair again.

teresam77
9/21/16

Wayfair appears to engage in discriminatory delivery practices. Stay with me; this is important.

I live in San Diego. I ordered a bedframe as a gift for my niece, who was beginning a year for Teach for America in Princeville, NC, the oldest US town incorporated by African Americans. Wayfair cancelled the order because they were "unable to verify the authenticity of the charge." I called my bank, which assured me they had authorized the charge. Which would seem to make the charge "authentic." Wayfair's cancellation order gave no phone number, saying only, "If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please reply to this email." So I replied requesting an immediate phone call. Three days later, I received another email saying I would have to place a new order and they would only deliver to my credit card billing address. In San Diego. Despite the fact that I had been very clear the bedframe was a gift for my niece as she began her new job. In North Carolina.

Over the course of 4 days (and 4 pages of emails, despite my repeated requests for a phone call) I finally worked my way up to the "supervisor" level. I had made it clear that their refusal to deliver to this particular address was suspicious. In 35 years of managing household moves, I've had no trouble getting furniture delivered to a new address in anticipation of a move. I listed the various companies (Pottery Barn, Cargo, Williams Sonoma, etc.) that have been happy to deliver. In response, the "supervisor" sent me a blank email. Seriously.

Now the kicker. I wrote back one last time to say that I was now going to post my experience online and that, by the way, while they had been declining to deliver to the lowly Princeville, NC address, I had just finished a whole-house renovation in San Diego and that I would not be furnishing any of those rooms from Wayfair. Get this, within 15 minutes, I had a phone call from the "supervisor" wanting to know if there was any way I would reconsider using Wayfair to furnish our home. Please note that even still he wasn't offering to make good on the original order. I said it seemed to me that Wayfair had simply refused my first order because of the delivery address, to which he replied, "Well, I wouldn't say that."

Of course he wouldn't.

If it were possible to give no stars, that's what this review would show. None. This company should be shunned.

joannag20
9/16/16

We typically don't write reviews, but felt the need to with this excuse of a company. Do yourself a favor and go to any other store, online or otherwise and buy from them. You will save yourself a whole lot of time, energy and aggravation. Many incompetent people working there. Surely, this company won't be around much longer with their AWFUL business practices.

sukrub
9/16/16

I bought and paid an outdoor dining set for a party and after two weeks, a couple of days before my party they notified me that they are out of stock. I called them, no help other than a half apology. They even did not offer any discount or anything else. My party was ruined because I even could not find anything in the actual stores because of end of season.

They did same thing a few months ago for an pergola. At that time, I said it is ok for once but I think they mislead people and you end up with either 3 months of waiting time or something different (something they want you to buy). I cannot imagine what happens if something is related to the product..

debbieg50
9/16/16

I recently ordered a headboard. A few days later 2 arrived on my doorstep. I contacted Wayfair through Chat which was a pleasant experience. I requested they pick the second one up.

Much to my surprise the next day I got an email saying that they apologize for the error and that I can keep or donate the second headboard.

What an outstanding experience.

lauras185
9/6/16

Nice mattress pad. Although waterproof, it doesn't make any crinkly noises, so comfort! Have not washed it yet, so not sure how it will hold up. But still I would buy another one!!

normanf15
9/4/16

I am an 80 year old sceptic, and was pleasantly surprised at the prompt service and reliability of the Wayfair Canada employees! I made a large furniture purchase and was told that it would be delivered in 3 days, I thought that would not happen that it would take at least a week, however Wayfair was right on in their timing and delivered our purchase in perfect condition! These are folks that sell great products, deliver as promised and best of all they give the most important item of all, Superb Customer Service! Thank you Wayfair!

micheles55
9/3/16

Great collection of merchandize.

patriciah115
9/2/16

See above

mo6942
9/1/16

Heads up loyal Wayfair customers, they NO longer give you Rewards Dollars for your purchases. I shop here often for my clients (spend a lot of money) - placed an order end of August for $1,300.00 ... Called Customer Service to find out why I hadn't received an email with my Reward $$ info ... she said "Oh, we only offer that now to customers who use their Wayfair card or write a review" Frigging amazing that they can email bomb me with relentless ads telling me to buy this, look at that sale, etc, ,etc ... but, we're somehow incapable of sending an email regarding a very important change to their incentive to buy program. Will be shopping with Overstock, One Kings Lane, etc, etc.

susanner4
8/30/16

I have looked and looked on their site just for fun seeing all they have. Made one major purchase for a piece of furniture and was very pleased with the products and customer service. I will go back in a heartbeat!

tammyp30
8/29/16

This store has everything for your home and the largest selection you will find anywhere. I was shopping for bar stools and thought I would find a few here, could not believe the amount they had. I found what I was looking for and they were less expensive than any other stores. They offer free shipping on all items over $49. You will fall in love with there customer service. They are my new go to store.

elenag27
8/28/16

I am so surprised by any bad reviews of Wayfair! I have ordered a large amount of products from them in the past 6 months because we are renovating our house. Everything from dressers to vanities to medicine cabinets to side tables to draperies and even 2 bed frames. Everything - everything, has been delivered in a timely fashion and has been of the highest quality! If I need to return or exchange something customer service was extremely helpful! I love Wayfair!

keving81
8/26/16

I spent 3 days looking for the perfect Jewelry Armoire for my wife for our 30th anniversary. I ordered it August 22nd. The projected delivery date was the 31st which is one day after our anniversary. No problem! I arrived home on the 25th and there is a box in my driveway. My wife arrives home only a couple minutes behind me and has to help me move it. The surprise is blown. Ok -- I can handle that. The problem is it is not what I ordered. It is nearly twice as expensive as what I ordered. Now my wife has to settle for what I ordered after seeing this really nice item. I saved them several hundred dollars by being honest. They ruined my surprise and gave me 30 dollars off my order. This was my second order with Wayfair. Not sure I will try this again.

yiyuj
8/24/16

I purchased a headboard. The item shipped on time at front of my door. However, after I spent two hours to assemble it. I found it does not match with my frame. I tried two different brand universal metal frame. the screw holes on head board are just too wide to fit into the frame. what I ordered is king size. my first order on wayfair is failure!
The worst is that I find the "submit" button did not work. However, when I select FIVE star and submit, it works!!.

pamr28
8/13/16

I received the chaise lounge about two months ago.three pf the legs are bent and about to break.construction not sturdy.i am female,5'8" and weigh 170 lbs.

cassandrab5
8/10/16

I've bought many articles on Wayfair and every time, they sent me an email saying it would be belated because of manufacturing issues. Great prices but poor customer service

katyw5
8/5/16

I love everything they have in stock on every occasion. A shopper's paradise!

jk129
7/26/16

I ordered a sofa and waited for 2 months and then I got a mail it was backordered. I can not cancel the order and I should wait for another month.
I don't recommend wayfair. Go to other store.

ambere18
7/25/16

It is unfortunate Wayfair does not recognize Puerto Rico as part of the United States. Amazon, EBay, Target, Best Buy etc. all offer free shipping to Puerto Rico. The United States Postal and FedEx services Puerto Rico at little to no no additional cost. Wayfair is discriminating against Americans in PR. I spent two days putting together an order only to find out the shipping was more than $1,000, more than the order itself. When I called and talked Kristy in customer service she stated there was nothing Wayfair could do for us. Wayfair should stop discriminating and change their shipping policy to that of many other online retailers. We wil. Be putting this order in on Amazon or Target, respectful online retailers.

barbaral75
7/23/16

I have been extremely disappointed in a product ordered on Wayfair site. Parts were missing and never replaced by the company. They insisted we did not need the missing parts to put the furniture together. They were wrong and refused to fix the problem. I would NEVER order anything from them again.

soupyk
7/18/16

Sent 3 emails each 3 days apart. Form letter email received that they would respond in 8 hours. Haven't heard a word. Poor customer service. Wayfair has gone down hill over the years and products are over priced.

sanjug
7/13/16

Cannot compete with Walmart or Target in pricing and quality.. Its a surprise this company exists!!

theresam37
7/12/16

I was so excited to have saved hundreds of dollars on furniture for my baby's room AND free delivery! Too good to be true? Absolutely! You get what you pay for. The products are slightly below Ikea quality, which is not saying much. It will serve it's purpose and was cheap, so I can't complain too much about that.

Now about the free delivery and website ordering. Initially when I registered on the site I was listed under a different address. I changed the billing address on my order and clicked "same as billing" for the shipping address. I needed to make a slight change to account for instructions as my building number system can be confusing. This reverted the order to my previous address but with the same instructions. Granted, this is probably my own fault for not double and triple checking the address.

D-day comes for my first order. Obviously it goes to the incorrect address. I contact Wayfair to make all the necessary changes to ensure I get my stuff and my pending orders. Their CSR is very helpful and patient. A little, ummm slow, but gets the job done. So I think.

First delivery is left at the side of my building in an alleyway. I watch this happen after a brief discussion with the driver asking the name on the package, address, etc. as I am walking out of my house to attend an appointment. The information he provides is not mine. I assume someone else has a delivery and go on my merry way. I check the tracking info, it says that my order was delivered. Yes, it was the one with all the incorrect delivery info left in the alley. I call, am put on hold over and over again. I am told that I changed the address, etc. and they can't/won't do anything. I say yes, I did change it, to my correct address. I stated that I have an appointment and they need to call UPS and get them to move it out of the alley and to the front door. I get home and it is in my apartment as my loving husband borrowed a car, left work, and rescued it. I look at the label and apparently the CSR thought it was a good idea to put HER name on the delivery instead of mine. Also instead of "southernmost door," as I requested it states "side door." Is that the same thing??

The next day I patiently await my next delivery. I check the UPS site, and lo and behold! They have NO SHIPPING INFO. The address was changed on the first delivery and not the second. The Wayfair website would have me believe all was hunky dory as it was in fact changed on my account and for the order. I call UPS directly this time, they change the info and I now hope for it to arrive tomorrow to the correct address.

Was I notified by ANYONE that there was no delivery info? Nope. Is there a reason Wayfair updated one order and not the other? I don't know. I now am awaiting one more item scheduled for Friday. We will see what adventures may come!

Take my advice peeps, just pay the extra and go with Ikea. The stuff is the same, you're not saving much from Wayfair and Ikea actually delivers on time and to the correct address. Let's just hope I don't go into labour while I wait.

dustinw20
7/1/16

You can probably guess that shipping large furniture has risks and hassles. And Wayfair definitely has not figured out how to avoid them. I have ordered from them twice and both times there were significant hassles. It's just not worth the enjoyable shopping experience online.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wayfair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question