US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

catherinet15
12/2/16

Love everything about Wayfair! I especially appreciate it allows for customer reviews on the items as well as pics people have taken so we can view the products in homes. Reading the reviews is so helpful! Especially when purchasing furniture and decor you aren't seeing in person! Everything I've ever ordered has arrived even faster than projected and love the free shipping, which is a huge thing when ordering heavy bulky furniture! I've ordered home items from many other sites and always seem to come back to Wayfair! Don't hesitate to order from them!

nicholasl27
11/25/16

Horrible company. Waited a long time to receive a couch then when the couch came it was the wrong one. The communication to get it replaced when it was completely their error was not bad at first but then the communication became worse and worse. The finally said they would send the right couch and sent me a delivery date for LATE February when I ordered the couch in September. No sense of urgency to correct the issue or make this right or even follow up to get the couch out then had to threaten multiple times online and to the rep to finally get any communication and the resolve was a refund (For the couch that was wrong) and a # to call to have the couch picked up. Now I'm still stuck months later with no couch and have to spend days I do not have reshopping for a sofa. Useless with little to no regard for customer satisfaction or common sense

gisellem2
11/14/16

I have sarafin sp rugs from them and they are great value and great quality. My mother has purchased other items from them and they've been great as well. One cabinet came with a cracked shelf, but they sent another one.

ee69
11/6/16

I ordered a writing desk which was delivered a week ago (oct 2016). The delivery date I given was wrong and I received no warning as to it arrival. It was fornunate I was in. The item was in a very flimsey cardboad box that had tears and holes in it. I took a video as evidence. On opening up the box i saw that the desk was not protected in any way by its internal packaging. There was no polystyrene or any other similar material to cushion the desk and as such it the desk had been scratched and broken on several places. I called and was given a refund however the same company and product continue to be on sale which suggests that wayfair dont have a careful selection process of the products they sell or how they are packaged and delivered and therefore I can't trust them for any further purchases.

pattym35
11/6/16

I ordered almost an entire house of furniture! Stupidly, I thought they would gather my order together and deliver all at once. That was a hassle....had to take off every time a major piece of furniture was delivered, I had to take off work, let them in then go back to work. But the delivery people were awesome and would give you a pretty close estimate of the time they'd be there. Never had to wait. Hit a couple of bumps in the road, but that's where the customer service came in. I've never had a brick and mortar store do so much to satisfy a customer. I live alone so picking up furniture was out. The expense of delivery is unreal! Wayfair delivery is FREE. I did pay extra twice...one item would have been left outside....not quite comfortable with that. Then I paid extra to have a platform bed assembled! WAY WORTH THAT! Just in getting it in the bedroom! Came in huge pieces...I doubt I could have gotten the pieces in the bedroom....that was worth it right there! Yes I assembled some pieces, but weren't real issues.

Tip for consumers: Really could not have asked for better customer service. The gave you options and allowed you to decide. I had 2 major issues....once I got over the disappointment, I realized they went way above and beyond to offer solutions. Don't be in a hurry...some items may take a while to ship!

angieh35
11/5/16

Ordered chairs over a month ago. They've been all over the world except where they were suppose to be delivered. I live in Texas and have been watching the transit process. They've been in Texas twice . Nor they are sitting in a warehouse in Texas and have been since Oct 31. They are telling me it's going to take until November 9th to get them. I'm furious. I do not recommend ordering anything from this company.

angelaf55
11/2/16

I ordered the Peters Dresser from Wayfair in August 2016 and here we are now in November 2016 and I don't have a dresser! After THREE failed attempts on their part to send a dresser without it getting damaged, I demanded a full refund. Don't waste your time.

kayo14
10/18/16

I think wayfairs customer service is Wonderful they have fair prices, prompt shipping and respond to issues. But I got the wayfair card and it was to be interest free for 6 months well lone behold that is not true. My minimum payment due was $34 so to pay off in my 6 month time frame I paid $150. Due date was the 24th of each month so to be safe I set up payment to come out the 20th. So to my surprise on my next statement I had service charges and what not contacted customer service and they could not explain it and did not offer to make it right. So disappointed

darrylk10
10/3/16

I've been looking for a house bar for a couple months now and like everyone I'm looking for a great deal to push me over the edge.
I found an oak beauty advertising at 73% off from just over 3k to a little under 1k. Unbelievable deal that I verified on both the main site and the app. Both were the same so i decided to finally buy one. Problem is when I went to the checkout screen the price jumped up to over $2600. Quite a difference.
I decided to call the wayfair help line and talked with a pleasant woman who was able to replicate the issue and left me on hold while she talked with her manager. After a couple of minutes I was told the last page is the final pricing page and the last to update or some such nonsense. I would've been fine with a simple it was an error and we apologize but instead a fiction was created to get out of matching their advertised price.
I've been in the retail game for a while and have never blamed the customer for my company's error. It's just bad business.
I'll not shop Wayfair again because if they can't get their pricing correct I'll not trust them with my credit card information.

craigd36
10/3/16

I saw a nice stereo stand Wayfair was selling for about$240.00 I purchased the same stand for half the price including free shipping for !119.00

deniseo14
10/3/16

Placed order for a bed, then saw same bed on another site with very bad reviews of "wood" is really pressed board. So...I cancel order, this is all done the same day. I get an email from Wayfair telling me they have cancelled order.
A week later, today, the bed is delivered! I call, I am told they will have Fed Ex pickup and I will have to pay for the return delivery. That the warehouse gets the order but does not get the cancel, the cancel is handled as a "REQUEST"(after it's shipped out). So in other words, they will make some $ by any order. Glad Amazon never did this to me. Last time I do business w/ Wayfair.

karens243
10/2/16

I absolutely love Wayfair! Everything I have purchased from them has been great and their customer service is amazing. It's my "go-to" website.

innam2
10/1/16

I am completely disappointed with this company, unprofessional staff. Have place an order for 60" Kitchen Pantry by Myle om Sept2nd, today is Oct1st, order its not even here yet....Cancelled delivery, don't want to wait any more, but definitely will not order from them anything !!!!

denisec59
9/24/16

I checked with their Chat help to find out if I could have something delivered on a Saturday. Not only did they say I could, they also said I could request set up. Since it was a large piece of furniture, I decided to order. I put in the order, put Saturday delivery in the special delivery instructions as directed but couldn't find where to put set up requested so I put it in special delivery instructions. When my final order was sent it said it would come in two shipments three weeks apart and neither were on a Saturday. I went back to Chat help to find out how to fix it and was told the first person gave me incorrect information and that it wasn't considered a large order so it was going by Fedex and would be dropped off at the door within the window stated on my receipt. (big bulky day bed with mattress and trundle not a large order?) Anything that has to be put together and arrive in more than one container needing more than one person to lift or move is LARGE!!! When I said I didn't want the order, the Kody ended the session. I had to call to get them to cancel the order. I was told that within the 10 minutes of all this happening that they had already moved it from the warehouse and sent it to shipping. I would have to wait 24 hours to get confirmation they received the items back at the warehouse THEN they would put in the credit card reversal and I would have to wait another 3-5 days after that to have it reflected on my credit card. Now, as I don't like to max out my credit cards, I have to wait another week to order what I needed and hope it gets here before my guests arrive. I will NEVER shop with Wayfair again.

teresam77
9/21/16

Wayfair appears to engage in discriminatory delivery practices. Stay with me; this is important.

I live in San Diego. I ordered a bedframe as a gift for my niece, who was beginning a year for Teach for America in Princeville, NC, the oldest US town incorporated by African Americans. Wayfair cancelled the order because they were "unable to verify the authenticity of the charge." I called my bank, which assured me they had authorized the charge. Which would seem to make the charge "authentic." Wayfair's cancellation order gave no phone number, saying only, "If there is anything we can do to further assist you, please reply to this email." So I replied requesting an immediate phone call. Three days later, I received another email saying I would have to place a new order and they would only deliver to my credit card billing address. In San Diego. Despite the fact that I had been very clear the bedframe was a gift for my niece as she began her new job. In North Carolina.

Over the course of 4 days (and 4 pages of emails, despite my repeated requests for a phone call) I finally worked my way up to the "supervisor" level. I had made it clear that their refusal to deliver to this particular address was suspicious. In 35 years of managing household moves, I've had no trouble getting furniture delivered to a new address in anticipation of a move. I listed the various companies (Pottery Barn, Cargo, Williams Sonoma, etc.) that have been happy to deliver. In response, the "supervisor" sent me a blank email. Seriously.

Now the kicker. I wrote back one last time to say that I was now going to post my experience online and that, by the way, while they had been declining to deliver to the lowly Princeville, NC address, I had just finished a whole-house renovation in San Diego and that I would not be furnishing any of those rooms from Wayfair. Get this, within 15 minutes, I had a phone call from the "supervisor" wanting to know if there was any way I would reconsider using Wayfair to furnish our home. Please note that even still he wasn't offering to make good on the original order. I said it seemed to me that Wayfair had simply refused my first order because of the delivery address, to which he replied, "Well, I wouldn't say that."

Of course he wouldn't.

If it were possible to give no stars, that's what this review would show. None. This company should be shunned.

joannag20
9/16/16

We typically don't write reviews, but felt the need to with this excuse of a company. Do yourself a favor and go to any other store, online or otherwise and buy from them. You will save yourself a whole lot of time, energy and aggravation. Many incompetent people working there. Surely, this company won't be around much longer with their AWFUL business practices.

sukrub
9/16/16

I bought and paid an outdoor dining set for a party and after two weeks, a couple of days before my party they notified me that they are out of stock. I called them, no help other than a half apology. They even did not offer any discount or anything else. My party was ruined because I even could not find anything in the actual stores because of end of season.

They did same thing a few months ago for an pergola. At that time, I said it is ok for once but I think they mislead people and you end up with either 3 months of waiting time or something different (something they want you to buy). I cannot imagine what happens if something is related to the product..

debbieg50
9/16/16

I recently ordered a headboard. A few days later 2 arrived on my doorstep. I contacted Wayfair through Chat which was a pleasant experience. I requested they pick the second one up.

Much to my surprise the next day I got an email saying that they apologize for the error and that I can keep or donate the second headboard.

What an outstanding experience.

lauras185
9/6/16

Nice mattress pad. Although waterproof, it doesn't make any crinkly noises, so comfort! Have not washed it yet, so not sure how it will hold up. But still I would buy another one!!

normanf15
9/4/16

I am an 80 year old sceptic, and was pleasantly surprised at the prompt service and reliability of the Wayfair Canada employees! I made a large furniture purchase and was told that it would be delivered in 3 days, I thought that would not happen that it would take at least a week, however Wayfair was right on in their timing and delivered our purchase in perfect condition! These are folks that sell great products, deliver as promised and best of all they give the most important item of all, Superb Customer Service! Thank you Wayfair!

micheles55
9/3/16

Great collection of merchandize.

patriciah115
9/2/16

See above

mo6942
9/1/16

Heads up loyal Wayfair customers, they NO longer give you Rewards Dollars for your purchases. I shop here often for my clients (spend a lot of money) - placed an order end of August for $1,300.00 ... Called Customer Service to find out why I hadn't received an email with my Reward $$ info ... she said "Oh, we only offer that now to customers who use their Wayfair card or write a review" Frigging amazing that they can email bomb me with relentless ads telling me to buy this, look at that sale, etc, ,etc ... but, we're somehow incapable of sending an email regarding a very important change to their incentive to buy program. Will be shopping with Overstock, One Kings Lane, etc, etc.

susanner4
8/30/16

I have looked and looked on their site just for fun seeing all they have. Made one major purchase for a piece of furniture and was very pleased with the products and customer service. I will go back in a heartbeat!

tammyp30
8/29/16

This store has everything for your home and the largest selection you will find anywhere. I was shopping for bar stools and thought I would find a few here, could not believe the amount they had. I found what I was looking for and they were less expensive than any other stores. They offer free shipping on all items over $49. You will fall in love with there customer service. They are my new go to store.

1 rating was submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

36 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Wayfair staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question