Review of Wayfair

Boston, MA 02115
Tel: 1-877-929-3247

joshg73
10/9/17

Ordered an upholstered rocking chair thinking our baby nursery shopping was finally complete before my wife's due date. The chair we ordered showed in stock and was finally relieved thinking we were ready for our new child's arrival.

Kept checking the order to see when it had shipped and what day it would arrive...give days later i receive an email saying it was now on back order and wouldn't arrive until after the due date. Then I call and am informed it wouldn't be available until almost a month later!

Lesson learned...don't count on Wayfair!!!!

katej39
9/27/17

Wayfair is an absolute nightmare to deal with. I would never ever suggest anyone use them. I had a horrible experience with ordering a coffee table that was delivered cracked in half and it took MONTHS to resolve. I tried to give them the benefit of the doubt and tried ordering a bed from them, BIGGEST NIGHTMARE OF MY LIFE. I ordered it in July it took a month and half to come and it was damaged, they didn't have any replacements so they said they would send a whole new bed in another month and a half. On the dellivery day they never showed so I called and apparently they can't find my bed in their warehouse. They didn't call to let me know I had to call them and they weren't helpful at all. So three months later I still don't have a bed and no idea if I will ever get one. Their costumer service is by far the worst I have ever dealt with. DO NOT ORDER FROM WAYFAIR.

joannad24
9/26/17

Awesome service....order on sept 12...delivery on Sept 20....no problem!!!
earlier than I expected....but I'll take that

vishakg
9/24/17

Ordered a chest of drawers for the kids room and spent 6 hours assembling all of it together only to find out that the drawers wouldn't fit inside. Quality is horrible and the main body broke off when trying to push the first drawer inside. Now breaking our head to return an assembled piece of junk

alanp71
9/23/17

The futon I bought is (1) missing leg parts; (2) not as pictured (3) a crappy piece of made in China $#*!. Demanded a return label. STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ib596
i b.
9/23/17

Product arrived as promised - great customer service - no issues at all with the transaction . I would suggest buying from this company !

lesleys20
9/18/17

Horrible company. Free shipping is COMPLETELY deceptive. Original date 3 weeks out. They changed it without ANY notice...now delivering SIX WEEKS after ordering.
Will NEVER spend another dime here.
Do not shop this site.

js194
9/18/17

I have been ordering from Wayfair for years and they consistently advertise products with accurate descriptions and pictures. I recently bought a rug that didn't match the web description; Wayfair imediately provided a shipping label and the shipping cost for the return was minimal. Many places charge so much to return a rug that in the past I kept the item instead of returning it.

jeanb105
9/15/17

On Sept. 1, 2017 I ordered some flooring from Wayfair. I put in the square footage I needed and the site calculated my order. I received an order confirmation and as ship date of Sept 8, 2017. One Sept 8, I received an email from Wayfair, of which I opened expecting to find the shipping information and instead I found that Wayfair cancelled my order due to THEIR incorrect pricing. I would be more understanding had I been notified soon after ordering, but they waited until the ship date. I had already purchased underlayment and had secured and installer. Wayfair WILL NOT honor my order and has offered me a small percentage off on a reorder.

micheller185
9/11/17

I ordered this chair in August after my I had issues with my back and needed to sit in a reclined position. When I checked the status online it said it is not shipping until January! I immediately tried to cancel this order and order another chair, but was told it cannot be canceled. This is ridiculous that this cannot ship until January, which is not what it said when I ordered it. If you want a chair, I do not recommend ordering this one. It will take 21 weeks to get to you like it apparently is for me. I could build my own chair in less time. So upset and disappointed!!! I have spoken to many different people at Wayfair but I cannot do anything about this. Never ordering from Wayfair again!

not225
8/30/17

After selecting the items I wanted, Wayfair asks you "When would you like the items delivered?" I selected a delivery date which I expected them to meet. After I ordered the items and paid for them the next day I receive an email. Of all the items I ordered I had selected a specific date. Wayfair shipped half the order already (weeks in advance) and the other items won't be shipped until 6 weeks later. When I called Wayfair their excuse was "It takes them a long time to drive from the West Coast to the East Coast" SIX WEEKS?! I can make that drive in 3 days. It doesn't take 3 weeks. Two weeks yes, but not SIX WEEKS. I had to cancel the order. I'll buy locally. I don't care if its more expensive. The lying and crappy customer service was enough for me to tell Wayfair to take a hike. Avoid them at all costs if you can. I know we want to save money but honestly, I'd rather pay more to get better customer service.

kasial1
8/29/17

First time we ordered from Wayfair we got a defective product. We ordered 6 bar stools at a really great price, but one of them was damaged. The wood leg had a very visible crack in it. I took a photo of it and emailed customer service asking for a replacement or a refund. Within a day they responded saying a new bar stool was being shipped out to us at no charge and that I could toss the defective one. The replacement arrived as promised and weve been ordering from Wayfair without any issues since then. They have a great selection, good prices and from our experience, know how to take care of their customers.

nickg84
8/29/17

Ordered My daughters new bed from wayfair on August 4th 2017 and they took my $1,000.00 dollars out of my account the night i ordered the product and today is the 28th of August and no bed. Checked on line and they still have not shipped the product.

loriet4
8/26/17

I ordered 2 round end tables but checked everywhere else before I ordered because I had read so many bad reviews on Wayfair.com. I took the chance and ordered them figuring if it went South I could simply return them. Much to my surprise I got them in perfect condition 2 days later and I have them three years later and adore them. They came well packaged considering the tops had glass sitting on top of them and none of the bronzing on the front was scratched at all. They are very good quality and actually the same manufacturer I had looked at in a very high end department store. I got a steal and was very pleased all the way around. I saved a bundle and had no problems whatsoever. Super happy with my experience.

donnab212
8/24/17

I would suggest to not buy anything here because if you have to send it back they will not cover shipping and charge 1/2 the cost of the item PLUS shipping so you only get 1/2 of your money back! Really bad for business! Most places offer free returns this day and age. I hope this helps people.

amandeepb1
8/23/17

I had ordered a $2000+ patio set from wayfair and it was the worst experience i have ever had with buying online. The list is endless but here it is.

1. Did not receive my entire order on first shipment
2. Received someone elses package on the first shipment
3. When they finally located the remaining package and scheduled a delivery date with someone waiting at my house. 30 minutes before they realized it wasnt the right order
4. Received the remaining package a month after the delivery date
5. Communication is broken. You have to talk to 2 groups. 1.The delivery team 2. Wayfair
6. The individual managing the case was unresponsive
7. As a customer the attitude was a "oh well" type attitude.

Overall would never shop there again and would not recommend to anyone. If you do shop please be prepared to be dissappointed.

optimuss1
8/22/17

Ordered a small dining set in mid-May and did not finally receive until mid-July, but had long since paid for the item. Multiple calls and emails with Wayfair did not help as the item was basically lost in shipping, sitting in a container somewhere. To their credit, Wayfair refunded me 10%, but it's not worth the stress of wondering if you'll ever get your item, when you're going to file a BBB complaint, etc. Will not use Wayfair again, they are just making a buck with a nice website but have no real operational oversight of the product or delivery.

kristinb56
8/21/17

I ordered a $400 ceiling fan that required very complicated wiring, and as such, I can not install it in my home. This is a completely reasonable and legitmate reason to return the item. When I called Wayfair to start the return process, they told they would not accept the item back. Now I am out $400 and am stuck with large item I can not use. Unacceptable customer service. I will never shop Wayfair again.

tinad80
8/21/17

I found he exact item I needed - Ordered it on 7/17 and was surprised to see the item ship on 7/18. One month later, my item still hasn't arrived -but I did get the bill promptly!

They may have what you need but please don't count on actually receiving it - Shop elsewhere.

sallyr45
8/19/17

I'm writing a review because I've had great experiences with Wayfair. I bought a 5' round accent Barton Beige Area Rug it has rich beautiful coloring and quality made. I returned this only because my miscalculation of needing a larger size. The return went quickly and immediately my return funds were deposited in my bank account. I also bought a different time the Collage Wall Hanging 5 Opening Picture Frame. It's beautiful and hanging in my dining room. I'll buy from Wayfair again and would recommend them.

carolynp48
8/19/17

I purchased 4 outdoor Jeco chaise lounges from Wayfair and after 14 months outside, the wicker deteriorated and can no longer be used. Both Wayfair and Jeco said no refund or exchange since it happened beyond the 12 month warranty. Are you kidding me, an outdoor item is only meant to last 14 months? Wayfair does not stand behind the products they promote. Do not expect help after 12 months!

juliee30
8/18/17

I ordered a kitchen table from wayfair, about a week and a half later it arrived- broken! Very poorly packaged in the box and completely damaged. We were told to keep the chairs which were fine and discard the table and a new table would be delivered. Another week and a half later the table arrived. This time, they only sent us the table top and NO LEGS! Now we have to wait another 1.5 weeks for the legs of the table to arrive. They claimed they are not able to rush ship anything due to the third party they use. I will not be ordering from them again if this is what to expect from their shipping department.

davidk330
8/17/17

Purchased 4 outdoor all weather chaise loungers. All metal (bolts that hold unit together) and bottom of legs all rusted. Called and talked with customer service who told me not designed for outdoors. Where else would you put "all weather" chaise loungers.

carolynm98
8/16/17

Ordered sofa on August 10. Checked on order today, August 16, to discover the order cancelled due to concern of fraud. Billing address was different than shipping address. Evidently, they have never sent a piece of furniture to another state than the credit card address. I called customer service.
No apology, but did offer to reorder. Not sure if I can trust them

courtneyp39
8/16/17

I ordered a massive rug for a really cheap price. When I received it, the inside wrapping was too tight and cut into the carpet itself. I emailed & reported it. They mailed me a new one free of charge & let me
Keep the old one! No questions asked. Very impressed!!

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Allison, Yes, the box that the floor lamp came in did have a picture of the lamp on it. I would ask when you order. I hope this helps. James.

By James W. on 11/17/15
Helpful answer

From my experience, this is company is to be avoided. Sounds like your life will be hectic enough for awhile so you don't need additional stress. Buy elsewhere is my advice.

By judi r. on 9/5/15
Helpful answer

Need to call Customer Service ( a/k/a Customer Disservice) about any issue. Expect to be disappointed, but they may honor it. Best to avoid Wayfair in the future.

By judi r. on 9/29/15
Helpful answer

Suggest calling Customer Service aka Customer disservice. A word of advice: buy elsewhere; anywhere else. This Co. just does not care.

By judi r. on 8/24/15
Helpful answer

No, they will take returns, but you pay fees. As for poor quality, I guess we just swallow it.

By John G. on 5/28/16
Helpful answer

I wouldn't order anything big from Wayfair. I had to order the same product 3 times, and each time, the product was damaged. Wayfair rhymes with nightmare for a reason.

By Joe W. on 6/11/15
Helpful answer

Exact same thing happened to me as many others, the price online said .51 per sq ft, and it said this for at least four days on both the list screen and the screen where you would place your order. When I clicked on it today to put in my order (where the list screen still said .51/sq ft and regular price that was "discounted" was .95, suddenly it started coming up in the cart as $5.88/sq ft. When I called to ask about it, Sadie verified she could see it being offered for .51, but she "had to honor the price in cart." What are you honoring exactly? To use the term "honor" means you are honoring the price you have listed. Thanks for honoring that I could pay 5.37 more, I appreciate it, but no thanks. When you see you are advertising a price, you should "honor" it. She said sorry, that wouldn't help them make a profit, really she said this. I will not be doing business with Wayfair again and would advise everyone to double and triple check before you order, they may jack up the price on you at the very last second then try to convince you they are doing you a favor by charging you over 500% more.

By Jackie C. on 7/15/15
Helpful answer

They were apparently starting a Canadian website but its never happened. There is no wayfair in Ontario. That's why ordering take forever from them, It gets shipped to the border eventually, but than sits there till it goes through customs by their broker that takes his time, than eventually it makes its way to You.

By ge g. on 10/30/15
Helpful answer

I went on the website to find a return address. Nothing. More baloney from this company. Here is the website, but I think that calling will help. http://www.wayfair.com/customerservice/returns_and_damage.php

By Joe W. on 7/29/15
Helpful answer

Wayfair is horrible, still waiting for recliners I ordered almost a month ago

By Jay D. on 4/21/17
Questions? Get answers from the Wayfair staff and other customers.

16 Photos for Wayfair