US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

giuliom2
7/24/16

You can really see how they leverage their buying power and then resell them to you at very low prices. Such a huge selection of items its not funny. Add-on their instant discounts, mail-in rebates, and free shipping, so what more could you want?

bubbsp1
7/1/16

This place is on par with Newegg when it comes to pricing and products. The only thing that is not as good is their poor return mechanism. Hard to reach customer service, they tell you youll get to return something but they never confirm it. If you don't return things its great.

roberth273
6/28/16

No complaints from me for 10 years

fredf26
6/14/16

you can get it here dirt cheap. If you are not in a hurry, you can put yourself on a contact list and see when price is reduced or name a price and by advised if reached. Their special dailies are to die for at times.
I built a $3000 computer for around $900 using this method.
Know what you want, this is the place to shop.

johnm748
5/2/16

I recommend TigerDirect because they have always been very good and handled my orders promptly and their products are high quality. I will continue to buy from them. Thank you.

ananyag
4/27/16

Another antiquated business that needs you to create yet another marginal internet account instead of using top-level single sign on SSO providers e.g. Google, Facebook

randsonz
4/21/16

extremely great customer service. their prices are cheap in comparison to others, and they fixed my computer and did not charge me for labor cause I bought it from them just a little less than 120 days, but I did not buy any extended warranty

luisc46
4/15/16

In January 2016 I called Tiger Direct to purchase a laptop. I gave the sales person the minimum specs required for my needs. Unknown to me, they sold me a laptop that did not meet my specs. Additionally I was told the graphics card was upgradable and today they told me it is not. TWO LIES. I contacted customer service and was told nothing could be done. Unacceptable.

ashlyd
4/5/16

less prices, good quality, gave laptop to my daughter.

wader13
3/28/16

great service and customer support

ellent10
3/5/16

Worst experience ever. Had to jump through hoops just to place the order for a $633 laptop. They held up order without telling me and when I called they informed me I must send them several forms of proof of identification. When I received the computer, it didn't work. Called them numerous times attempting to get RMA number so I could return it, but was put on hold for literally hours. Since I was worried they would claim I didn't send it back within window of time to make return (since I was put on hold each time it took days to get number for return), I had credit card company dispute the charge. Credit card company gave them 60 days to respond and at the last minute they responded and said they never got it back from me. Luckily I have records through tracking that proves they received it with their signature so we have proof they lied. Now it appears they are going out of business. No wonder!

jayh54
3/3/16

I understand this company is going out of business and people are having trouble getting their orders filled.

johna474
2/29/16

I have purchased PC components from Tiger Direct for at least 15 years. These were mostly motherboards and drives, both SATA and SSD, as well as display cards. During this time I have never had any problem with their service or the items that I purchased. They are my first choice when browsing for something I need (Newegg is the second) because they seem to have the largest selection. The large selection sometimes make the choice difficult, I suggest that you consider them when you are shopping.

chadb20
2/19/16

cheap parts

maxw215
2/17/16

Ordered three times. Disappointed all three times

garyw64
1/25/16

As of 12/24/2015, TigerDirect's refund policy is ALL SALES ARE FINAL---no refunds, returns, or exchanges. I purchased an HP V242h monitor from them that was DOA. BUYER BEWARE!!! Now I get a refurbished unit from HP under warranty instead of the NEW unit I bought from TigerDirect. I will not purchase from them again.

markj137
1/14/16

So far I've built several computer systems with some of the parts from Tiger Direct and I've never had any issues. Shipping times have been good (if it takes 5 days and it's free I don't complain). I just received a new computer case and power supply that were ordered on 1/8 and received 1/13 (free shipping). Whats not to like ?

I would give them 5 starts but I don't care for their new return policy which is they no longer offer returns. I've never had to return goods but if I get something that's DOA I want to return it to the seller and not have to hassle with the manufacturer. That is what Tiger Directs policy is now.

loreel
1/13/16

I purchased a laptop on November 30, 2015 for our daughter's Christmas present. She has been having lots of issues with it so I called to exchange it. I was told that they don't honor anything after 30 days so too bad. Nothing they could do about it. This is a brand new computer and we paid a significant amount of money for it. I will never shop there again, and I am telling all of my friends to never shop there either.

jamesp199
1/10/16

I've always had an excellent experience using this company, customer service is freindly and quick.

danh87
12/30/15

Purchased several items never had a problem

alanh69
12/28/15

OK, I'll keep it short as I can. I ordered my TV on Black friday (11/27). It arrived two weeks late (12/19) at 6pm after making a delivery appointment for 3pm. The Delivery was made by a man and his wife in a minivan with their dog. On the delivery slip, I marked the package damaged, as the bottom of the box was flattened. I open the box and plug the TV in to find there is a huge crack going up the middle of the TV. I go to tigerdirect to find that I could not return since I ordered more than 14 days before. I call on the next business day, monday (12/21), anyway and they arrange for a return. I wait for a week, no email, nothing. I call back today (12/28) and they say they cant accept the return because they never recieved a call from me on the 21st, even though I have the call on my call logs and am calling my phone carrier to get the proof sent. I come to check the Internet to see this company has a long history of sending damaged merchandise and not refunding or exchanging anything ever. Now that they have my number logged, Im waiting1-2 hours for any customer service agent to pick up. So in the meantime, im posting this on every consumer report site I can find.

markl86
12/25/15

I spent thousands of dollars from this company and after buying several computers I got a refurbished one that needed replaced. The sent me a auth lable and I shipped it back then I never got a refund. I called 6 more times before finally filing a dispute with Paypal. I got a partial refund back after winning my case with Tiger Direct. If you buy new from them and never have a issue then you come out ahead because they do have good prices. However if you have a customer service problem and are lucky enough to get them on the phone, it is unlikely that you will get your money back. So if you buy on their site use Paypal or your credit card, do not use a debit card. Their customer service used to be amazing but not anymore. Now it is lacking integrity and honesty. I do not recommend them.

michaelr184
12/20/15

On Sunday, December 20, 2015, at around 12:30pm, I went to the Tiger Direct Store in Jefferson, GA, with my 13 year old son and his friend to purchase 3 laptops, and planned to spend up to $1500. I had questions about anti-virus protection for the systems, so the sales rep who was helping me called Brandon Martin from the in-store tech services, over to answer my questions. However, to all of my questions about anti-virus protection on the laptops, Brandon would shrug and give a variation of “I don’t know” or “I’m not sure they can do it” as a response. At no point did he say, “Let me see if we can do that” and actually try to find out what could or couldn’t be done. The whole exchange was very frustrating so I said, “You are not inspiring confidence in my purchase.” Brandon responded, “I am not doing it for this $#*!!” and walked away. He said that in front of me and the two children.
I brought my complaint to the store manager, who seemed unconcerned about Brandon’s behavior and said, “All I can do is send him home for the day.”
So, no, Tiger Direct did not make a sale that day. Nor will I ever buy anything from them in the future, personally or for my business.

rm81
12/17/15

I have been ordering computer parts from them for a long time. Never have had an issue...

lydiap5
12/16/15

My order was shipped originally to their warehouse instead in GA of to ME in CA, they received it on Dec 7. When I spoke with CS on Dec 7 (after 2 HOURS ON HOLD), I was told I would have it by last Friday. When I didn't have tracking numbers by last Wednesday I called and manager Ricardo expedited it and told me I would have it AT THE LATEST Dec 15 and I would receive tracking numbers when they shipped! When I didn't have tracking ‪#‎s‬ by Friday the 11th, I called CS again (50 minutes on hold) and they gave me Ricardo's direct number and I started leaving messages, daily! I HAVE NEVER HEARD BACK FROM Ricardo.

On the 16th, still no tracking numbers, so I called CS again - I was just on hold for 50 minutes, when I finally go thru she went to check on it we got disconnected. So I tried chat. I found out they finally shipped on the 15th GROUND!!!!!!!

I won't have them for another WEEK. Never again tigerdirect.com

Tip for consumers: DON'T! It's not worth it!

160 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the TigerDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2/20/16
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: . I am a Technician( Not for TigerD though) and its seems to be a variety of either good experiences( provided the purchase was not refurbished) and very poor if it was, and that is odd because believe or not refurbished electronics usually catches all possible problems unless, you didn't research the item as New and what its rating was then, and if it had numerous lemon problems then(new), well steer clear no matter whether its refurbished or
not.
Printers, refurbished is a tricky one too, if high mechanical failure is the issue no refurbishment is ever going to secure a reliable product, Imaging issues yes, that is easy to resolve, but moving parts no way! Where does the I touch fall, under what category?, well that is a bone of contention when I see people buy those big expensive ITOUCH HP all in one PC desk tops, your asking for trouble when your only bay for a DVD is built into the screen no less the hard drive, and think about this all these touch screen devices a relatively 3-4 yrs old including PDA cellular. When the First Volume of I phones comes back to refurbished( 2008-up), just think about it technology that was in its infancy at only 4 yrs ago any refurbishment is going to be sticking back in the same hardware that it was originally designed with, so it follow there would no greater improvement of life span of 3-4 yrs and if it worked with a ever changing network no less.
We forget the lessons of the 1990's when no one in right mind bought any software with a the first version Windows95 point Zero WindowsME for example or the first DVD players at $600 dollars, you just waited till they got the bugs out or price to go down, If it was 300-400 dollars 3-4 yrs ago for that I Touch and now $160 they probably bought 1000 of them for $10 dollars each,no doubt I see it on the line every day,
Bottom line visit the technician troubleshooting sites for what your are about to buy and read the posts and questions,if you see numerous" It won't turn on, Power Supply dead" or never charges battery, BIOS always corrupted, then that's a sign, or Mouse doesn't move,
If you see simple fixes like, check setting under Tools and uncheck this...and display will not flicker or needs download patch, its a chance you be okay.
The Hoot of here I'm typing this on a HP Pavilion SR1720NX , a work horse running 8 gigs of memory and a processor upgrade,I picked this jewel up reading all the fancy up grades And that is was capable of and cross reference parts that fit and worked, power supply, graphics hooked now to a flat screen with HDMI and I won't give up Windows XP till my dieing breath, even have Windows 7 on an alternate drive but it does me No good digging deep into programing guts or writing boo-table programs on USB, don't take for granted what the consumer sites claim with 5 stars, go to the technician sites and read what the repair people say.But this is still no excuse for TigerD with the level of Business they do, what would kill them to send another $10 I Touch in the mail for an exchange? and tell them that, if they throw at you " Should have bough
3/3/12
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
LoadingLoading...
Questions? Get answers from the TigerDirect staff and other customers.

Similar Pages