US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ahmadk3

They have superb customer service, employees Shirley and Anna were very helpful. (in 16 reviews)

matts48

I ordered prescription glasses, received them in 10 days, as announced on the website. (in 6 reviews)

dianag6

They were shipped from Hong Kong same day and FedEx delivered them to my door on December 20, 2012. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

andersj
3/2/16

Ordered bifocal glasses. Great price. Prescription OK but bifocal transition in the wrong place and no place on the order form to indicate where to place it. Glasses sitting too high according to their specs and cannot be lowered.
Request for warranty on broken arm piece leads to nowhere but rhetoric.
Glasses arrived late and with loose arm piece which eventually broke.
Best local prices! Use Costco in Canada or Wal-Mart in US. Both have good service and prices.

brianc91
2/23/16

For all those who think they are getting a good deal on glasses, think again!! They will purposely send you the wrong pair and make you believe you will simply return (wasting more money) back to HONG KONG.

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M HOPING THIS REACHES AS MANY PEOPLE AND EVENTUALLY BLOCK THIS SITE FROM ONLINE SEARCHES!!!!

sitej25
1/21/16

I ordered a pair of prescription lenses and their website said the transaction did not go through. I tried again with a different card and got the same response. Customer service told me to try the next day due to a website problem. I tried the next day and the transaction went through. Hours later I received 3 emails telling me I had made 3 separate orders and my cards were in fact charged. Upon contacting customer service to cancel all transactions, they assured me they would cancel the transactions except for one. None of the transactions have been cancelled and now I have to go through the credit card fraud department.

pi1861
8/21/15

they do not want to give me my flipping money back on an item that wasn't in stock any longer
so I've ask for my $150+ money to be refunded back to my Visa, with no results.. its been over 2 weeks with no regards to that. got an email stating they had refunded my money back 2 weeks ago.. I've looked at my statement 10+ times over and under.. no Credit was returned back to me. for them to say that the money was credited back to me, was the utter most lie... makes me think.. this is a way for SBG to scam people out of their money. I will not return to this site for purchasing anything..and definitely not recommend this site to anyone who purchasing glasses... so that'd be everyone.. yes don't support them. they are scamming pieces of crap that dwindle your money for their own benefit. bye forever.

josees
6/5/15

This company is great! What would have cost me over 300$CAN for Ralph Laurent frames and prescription lenses only cost me 130$CAN (shipping included)! And they're AUTHENTIC. Customer service was also great. They sent me an email to inform me of every step along the process (ex: confirming their provider had them in stock, then that they were sent to the lab for the prescription, and when it was shipped). It took about 2-3 weeks to receive them (because of the process of getting the prescription). The shipping itself only took 2 days. And yes.. it was shipped from Hong Kong. What doesn't come from China these days anyway? They're authentic, good price and come with a cleaning kit! NO complaints!

ralpha11
2/13/15

Great products, fast shipping, and so easy to do business with! All products are delivered very quickly and in brand new, never worn factory condition. Highly recommended.

leod20
1/9/15

Best transaction ever, very quick shipping, I purchased 2 pairs of Ray Ban with std lenses and the price was amazing

robr29
12/18/14

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE COWBOYS!!!
website looks great, very missleading! i purchased a pair of goggles which went through ok and they were delivered, then this is where the problems start! they were the wrong size, ok so i can return them, firstly try and find how to return things, the website is geared up to confuse the hell out of you, you have to make contact with them and get a returns number, this took me 7 days to obtain from them, not easy process! Eventually i got the number and sent the goggles back as advised, its since been 3 weeks and they are saying they havent received my goggles back, they give you excuses like, systems are down, warehouse problems, basically they will do anything to hold onto you cash...
I just wish i would have read these reports prior to purchase! take my advise DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY... they are getting reported to trading standards today by me and I will tke this to BBC watchdog if necessary!!

carolinen1
10/30/14

I just want to thank you and your team so much for your exceptional customer service. Marianne was exceptional. I just received my glasses and they are perfect. I didn't expect to receive them so soon, so I was completely impressed when they showed up early this morning. I will be recommending SmartbuyGlasses to everyone I know.

Fine points:

1. From my first email, Marianne did everything to make my purchase request happen (the colour of the glasses I wanted had an incorrect code listed on the website so I was worried about ordering them and ending up with the wrong colour. I knew this because I had tried them on in a brick and mortar store). She followed up with me every step of the way.

2. All told, the whole transaction took less than 10 days. It probably would have been less, but my first email went out on a Friday afternoon, so the weekend held up the order up by 2 days.

3. I purchased the glasses for less than 50% less than if I had bought them in the store I tried them on in. Instead of paying $450.00, I paid $237.00!

4. The company is ethically oriented and generous; for every order they receive, they donate a pair of glasses to their charity program. You'll find this on their website: "At SmartBuyGlasses we believe that it is our responsibility to make a strong social impact."

Thank you for setting the bar high. For all of the reasons above I will be coming back to you when I need to make a new purchase. In a world that has lost the art of interpersonal, social and customer relations, you set a superb example.

salmanr
9/24/14

I really loved the price and the fact that they also made it with my prescription lenses. It was easy to upload my prescription and even if you can't do that - you can add in the prescription yourself which is easy! I love my new Ralph Lauren eyeglasses. I was a bit worried about ordering eyeglasses with prescription for the first time but their service was great. I got my glasses within 2 weeks and I'm definately going to order some more! The prices are unbeatable. :)

jeym
8/6/14

Got my new prescription Ray Ban sunglasses... they are great. thanks!

chrism136
8/5/14

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY - Seriously, I purchased sunglasses from them and they took money. I got an email telling me that the order was on hold until I sent them PHOTO ID!!!!!! I told them no way. I asked for money back via email and was told 3-4 days (THEIR TELEPHONE LINE DOES NOT WORK!). The money did not appear. I was then told by email it would be 10 days. Now nothing. I phoned visa to complain and after 3 WEEKS there is no payment pending into my account. They are CROOKS!!! DO NOT BUY. All the good reviews are obviously put in by themselves!
I wish there was a minus section for the star rating !!

richz2
6/10/14

I have a similar experience to Mario, here's my story:

I placed an order on May 29th, and my Visa was charged immediately even though the item had never shipped.

I attempted to contact SmartBuyGlasses.ca on Friday June 6th by phone but apparently they do not take phone calls, the only way to speak to someone is if you leave them your number and they call you back. I left my contact info, they never called me.

Then I received an email on Saturday June 7th at 7 PM saying the item was "delayed" (this 9 days after my Visa was charged) at which point I had had enough and requested the order to be cancelled. I received an response from someone named "Bille" on June 8th from SmartBuyGlasses Customer Service saying "I have received your cancellation request which I am happy to process at any time", to which I responded that I would in fact like to cancel the order ASAP. Never got a response. I have since sent 4 EMAILS requesting something in writing confirming the order has been cancelled and have yet to receive anything from them, again this 12 days after my Visa was charged $270.00 for sunglasses that have not even shipped out yet.

Their customer service dep't is flat out ignoring me, I cannot tell you how frustrating this is considering they've been sitting with my $270.00 for almost 2 weeks.

I'm sure other people have had positive experiences with them, but once I get my money back I will NEVER buy anything from them again. I will eventually post an update on how this situation was finally rectified as it is ongoing.

mariol16
5/5/14

The following is what happened to me:

1) SmartBuyGlasses - Order Confirmed: Within the next 3-5 days we will update you on your order status by email

2) SmartBuyGlasses - Item confirmed: As soon as we receive your item, we will ship via Fedex and send you an email

3) SmartBuyGlasses - Item Delayed: 3 options: 5% discount, buy something else, get a refund

I choose get a refund. I immediately got an email from them showing other sunglasses options. I replied thanks, but I am not interested in other options.
I sent two emails, never heard from them since. I am concerned.

barbarae13
4/3/14

Trusting online purchases isn't easy, but this site will put your mind at ease!!!

The best way to describe my experience is too show you the series of emails that occurred after a mistake was made with my order:
ME:
I was sent an email asking me to write about my experience with smartbuyglasses.ca. It was my first time ever ordering prescription glasses online and I was quite nervous although the process was straight forward and painless. My order was shipped to me within a week or so from the day I placed the order. When I got the glasses I was relieved to see everything was nearly exactly what I requested. The only complaint that I can make is that, I requested Gradient Tint (shiny gray 85G) lenses and instead I got Polarization lenses. At this time, I’m not willing to go through the hassle of the return policy and so I will have to just learn to love my new glasses. I’m not completely disappointed, however I will most likely not re-order from smartbuyglasses.ca in the future because I like to ensure I get exactly what I request and pay for. I believe that I will just shop for glasses in store from now on. Thank you for your attention.
SBG:
Thank you for your email to SmartBuyGlasses, my name is Billie and I am pleased to be of assistance today.

We regret to hear that you are not 100% satisfied with the item you received. Based on our record, we processed Shiny Grey 85G tint color and not Polarization. We would like to request for a photo of the glasses and we will get back to you with a resolution.

ME:
Thank you Billie for your reply, attached is a photo of the lenses as you requested. You can see that the lenses are shiny but not gray or with a gradient tint.
(Photos sent)

SBG:
Thank you for your prompt response.

Unfortunately, we could not confirm the color of the tint since there are reflections and the color of the table. We would like to request if you could take a photo of the glasses that is facing the sunlight or the ceiling light? We will confirm with then send the photo to our lab to verify the tint color.

ME:
I have attached more photos as requested. I also wanted to add one more thing today I got a bill from FedEx for $14.04 for shipment fees. I wish I was aware of this extra cost when first purchasing the glasses. I have attached the invoice also. Please me know if this fee would be covered by smartbuyglasses.

Thank you again for your attention in to this matter, I very much appreciate it.

SBG:
Thank you for your prompt response.

We regret to see that we have processed the wrong tint color. To rectify the situation, we would like to offeryou the following solutions.

Refund the lens cost back to your account.

Send an uncut lenses and you can have your local optician to cut and fit the lenses on your frames. If they would need to charge you with the service fee, we request for a quotation first.

With regards to the Duties and Tax, I have already forwarded the document to our accounting team for reimbursement. We will refund the amount back to your account. Please let us know how you would like to proceed with the lenses.

Hello Billie,

Thank you for your response, I believe at this time the easiest thing for me would be that you refund the lens cost back to my account. Thank you also for taking care of the Duties and Tax fees. When you say that the cost will be added to my account, are you referring to my credit card?

I would also like to add, that this is by far the best customer service follow up, that I have ever received in my life whether online or in store. I very much appreciate your concern and care regarding this matter.

Once again, thank you!

*** Within a week or so I had received credits to my account as promised ***

People make mistakes, but they can also solve them.

I want to thank personally "Bille"!

darlenep5
3/21/14

will definately recommend SMARTBUY to everyone.

sherap1
1/10/14

I ordered a pair of Ray Ban New Wayfarer from smartbuyglasses on January 2nd. Tracking info showed the glasses were being sent from Hong Kong, which immediately made me question the authenticity of the glasses. They arrived at my door on January 8th, very fast shipping to Nova Scotia. I googled and youtubed many sites concerning real vs fake Ray Bans. I am confident that my Ray Bans are indeed authentic. Fast shipping, good price, great sunglasses. I would not hesitate to order from smartbuyglasses again.

saulop
11/28/13

I don't have anything to complain about this web store. Everything ran okay. The delivery was faster than I was expecting (2 days after I have paid), the sunglasses seems authentic. So, the only reason of 4 stars it is the price, I know cheaper places.
I would buy more stuff there.

michaelp91
10/29/13

5 Stars! Fantastic Product and Customer Support.

I just want to send a note to say my glasses have arrived and they are
awesome! Many many thanks ... they have been worth the wait. They are in
perfect shape and fit perfectly ... no adjustment needed at all. You guys
rock!!! :)

nillsea
10/8/13

I made an order and they kept my money for two weeks before telling me that the card was "suspicious" and now they refuse to return my money until I get a paypal account for the refund. Paypal takes a 3% transaction fee, so buyers beware. smartbuyglasses.ca is a scam.

beaw1
9/7/13

Site has the largest selection of designer frames that I have come across. After spending months trying to find the perfect frames in every store in Vancouver. I came across the SmartBuy website and found the Manufacturer I was looking for with a good selection and a great price (less than another website and half the price of a well know retailer) They were delivered on time and they were exactly as ordered. Mistakenly charged some delivery fee was reimbursed after contacting the customer service. Will definitely buy here again.

paulw49
8/12/13

Easy website; fast delivery. 3rd pair of Maui's, and I'm familiar with authentic vs knock-offs, so I was skeptical at first. No problems at all. This was my first order from SmarBuyGlasses but not my last.

dwaynel6
7/15/13

I have had lots of terrible experiences online over the years, which is why I am familiar with review sites. But today, I'd like to share my latest discovery: smartbuyglasses. These guys understood what selling online should be like.

first, they have the most impressive eyewear collection online. Others only have the best sellers from a few brands. There, you can spend a whole afternoon contemplating unique models and rare patterns by the best brands. I was actually impressed by their deals on tom ford & Ray Ban, but I am pretty sure they offer similar discounts on all brands. I just was too lazy to watch it all.

The order process was really easy and safe. as soon as the order is placed, you receive professional emails to update your order status. all in all, it took 3 days for my raybans to arrive to my office.
What I loved:
- Free shipping
- 2 year warranty
- good communication with customer service
- huge choice
- fast shipment

What I did not like:
- no phone number (although I diod not need it, I am sure some people would prefer to be able to contact them over the phone)
- too much choice! (yeah, some people were born to complain)

i'll definitely u_se their site again, and I recommand it to my friends.

jillf4
7/9/13

Horrible refund service. I ordered a pair of prescription glasses, waited quite a long time for them to arrive and after I picked them up from DHL, I decided to return them. I contacted the refund department with Smartbuy.ca, and they said someone would contact me within 24 hours. No response after that. I contacted them again, and I was only given the link to the return policy, which I had already read and filled out the form, but no return address. I emailed 2 more times asking for the refund address and no response AT ALL despite the promise of 24 hour service. Now I have until this Tuesday to have them returned or they are past the deadline of 7 days, which the company states on their website. This is despite a total of 4 emails from me stating I wanted a return starting the day I received them. This company promises you so much and in the end they won't take them back. I am out $258 dollars now. DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY.

fucky3
7/9/13

Well I bought a pair of glasses from them thinking I was getting a good deal. They took forever for delivery and they broke 2 days after I got them. I was wearing them and I pushed them up on my nose and the lens on the right side just snapped in half. After about 20 emails and a few frustrating phone calls they offered to send me a replacement blank lens...... not even shaped to my frame or my prescription. Just a disk of plastic. I gave up and took my glasses to a local shop and had new lenses made up. And guess what. They're better quality less glare clearer and come with a 3 year warranty. This company is a rip off. I will never in life ever order glasses from them again. Terrible product quality. Terrible customer service. Terrible shipping. Hilariously enough I'm leaving this review here because they sent me an email asking me to. What a ludicrous company. Do not deal with them is my best advice.

Ask $#*! about SmartBuyGlasses.ca

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the SmartBuyGlasses.ca staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question