SmartBuyGlasses.ca reviews

Vancouver, BC V6G 3B7, Canada
customerservice@smartbuyglasses.ca

almoa1
8/8/17

I had ordered for prescription sun glasses (Sinner Fury SISU-635) online from https://www.smartbuyglassess.ca. At the time of booking, there was no note on the website that said that the sunglasses being ordered are out of stock or discontinued from production by the manufacturer. A few days after the order was placed, I got an email stating that the sunglasses were out of stock and I'll have to wait for 1 to 4 weeks to get the sun glasses. A few days after this, I got another email stating that the sunglasses have been discontinued from production by the manufacturer. I finally decided to cancel my order after which I was told that I would get the refund credited with 7 working days. After 7 working days, I contacted them only to realize that the accounting department had made a mistake in the refund and that a fresh refund order had been generated. Not only did I did not get the desired product but I had to exchange several emails back and forth to get my refund without any compensation offered for all the lies told to me and delay in getting refund. Few questions that were left unanswered:
1. If the product is out of stock / discontinued from production why is the website inventory not updated to avoid misleading the customers?
2. Why is the accounting department so casual and careless about the customer service?
3. Why was no compensation given to me on account of points 2 and 2 above?

Tip for consumers: Avoid

anacletoc
7/20/17

Last week I ordered 2 pairs of sun glasses from this website. After I placed the order I went on the internet checking if this company had bad reviews. This is how I got here! After reading all the bad reviews I decided to cancel my orders, I also contacted the manufacturer who produces the sun glasses I ordered asking if this company was an authorised seller of their products, the answer was "NO". So I kind of started panicking a bit. After 2 days they refunded my money. I ordered via PayPal. So I am not sure if the company sells original products but I can confirm that my money was returned on the spot.

davej79
6/4/17

Elaborate fraudulent website that goes to a long way to appear legit. They create lots of fake 5 star reviews. Basically you receive counterfit goods shipped from China after a long wait and returns have to be sent to China at your own cost and then you never receive your money back.

pablor18
6/3/17

This company is a big scam, they charge me $238 dollars without my consent after I reported them the money was then giving back to me. They are not approved by the better business bureau is a big scam company located in Russia. They are laughing at us, don't ever buy nothing from them.

ihtshamm
5/9/17

Same story like all others. I order Contact lenses a month ago ( 05-04-2017) and I am still waiting. On product page the deliver time is 3 to 5 days.

rai289
4/25/17

Horrible company. Do not order unless you want to wait 4 months to receive a product missing lenses and a ridiculous amount of emails back and forth to try to have them fix the situation to no avail. They have horrible customer service and refuse to even try to rectify the situation in any reasonable fashion. They are a scam! Be warned! I still have not received the product and I ordered in January

toms302
3/2/17

If you know what the frames you're buying are supposed to be it's clear these are counterfeit. I was replacing a identical pair of glasses. The pair I replaced clearly had country of origin on them (Italy), the pair they sent actually had it scratched off (are you kidding me, no) but you could still read China... But someone actually scratched it off, Yes I sent this vendor a pick of it, their looking into it, never heard back a thing....

Doesn't anyone else wonder why a company from the UK is selling glasses supposedly MFG in Europe or America and amazingly everything comes from, you guessed it, China aka Hong Kong...

If you think for a second you are getting original frames, you are mistaken. The lenses are also not of very good quality.

Company expects you to pay for returns half way around the world (Hong Kong) , if / when you can actually get them to respond (numerous attempts it takes), gee I wonder why their being sent back to China as well....

To make matters even worse, they clearly advertise as being authorized dealers, I can assure you they are not for at least Nike, I called and asked NIke, Nope, not at all....

Fake, Fake, Fake - If you buy from them you are supporting the global counterfeit business.

Lesson Learned....

Tip for consumers: Just skip it - in the pic next to the CE it should say Italy, these hooligans just decided to scratch it right off. This was taken hours after receiving and sent to company, Their "looking" into it, numerous attempts to follow up and no reply !

kevinv33
2/17/17

I was afraid I would not receive the pair I ordered, but everything went seamless.
Customer service is relatively slow but everything else went seamlessly.

tanyas42
2/2/17

Do not buy from them! Bad reviews are true. I've should have read them before I ordered my frames!

reneep40
2/2/17

I ordered bifocal sunglasses.These bifocal lens doesn't work properly. I'can't see correctly with. Smartbuyglasses categorically refused to refund me. Lately I've replaced the defective lens by the good ones. The optician told me there were a lot of distorsion in these very low quality lenses. The inner surface of lenses were polished as a mirror. It was unbearable under the sun

philipr23
1/31/17

Ordered a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses from this website.
Delivery was received from Hong Kong and the sunglasses were not authentic, but a very clever copy. I imagine that there a many customers that don't realize they've been sold cheap knock-off products for the price of the genuine article.

Following delivery I received an email asking for a review of the product. Hmmm.

After reading many online posts re this company I'm doubtful that I'll see my money back or the genuine article, only run-arounds.

I should have been suspicious when they asked for identity verification at the time of purchase.

Tip for consumers: Don't be dumb: don't order from SmartBuyGlasses

chrisj139
10/28/16

People have speculated as to the validity of this company as well as the authenticity of what they sell. Well, I ordered in stock Maui Jim Red Sands for $249 CAD on October 21st that were shipped from their Hong Kong origination center and just received them today October 25th in St. John's, NL, Canada. They are the real deal and exactly what I wanted, having just returned from Florida, where the identical pair were $229 USD. I have the same bronze lens Haleakala's just purchased in Florida and the vision is identical. Thank you smartbuyglasses.ca!

aaronl56
10/24/16

Like so many other reveiws that I have read I got screwed over SmartBuyGlasses.com. Items appear and are advertised online as being in stock. First they sent an email confriming my order on 10/9, On 10/16 they send me an email stated that my order has been confirmed to be instock and will be shiped within 5-9 buisness days. On 10/22 they send another email informing me that my order is not in stock and ould take another 1-2 weeks before they receive them. WTF!!!! I am now going back and forth jumping through hoops trying to gt them to refund my money and cancel the order. SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND DO BUISNESS SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!

jessicas51
10/7/16

Same order delay and back order issues identified by other reviewers. Can't get a hold of the business to cancel my order, they dont have a working phone line. It has been 1.5 months and my order still hasnt shipped. When I get my money back, Im taking it elsewhere. Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and with Visa.

rodm42
8/15/16

I see there are many horror stories about "suspicious transactions" that go through right away on your credit card and then they say they want your driver's licence to prove you exist. Once you've sent the copy of your driver's licence they then tell you your frames have been back ordered, even though there's nothing on the web site to indicate they are in short supply. Still waiting for my glasses. The frames are still featured as available on the web site.

andersj
3/2/16

Ordered bifocal glasses. Great price. Prescription OK but bifocal transition in the wrong place and no place on the order form to indicate where to place it. Glasses sitting too high according to their specs and cannot be lowered.
Request for warranty on broken arm piece leads to nowhere but rhetoric.
Glasses arrived late and with loose arm piece which eventually broke.
Best local prices! Use Costco in Canada or Wal-Mart in US. Both have good service and prices.

brianc91
2/23/16

For all those who think they are getting a good deal on glasses, think again!! They will purposely send you the wrong pair and make you believe you will simply return (wasting more money) back to HONG KONG.

DO NOT BUY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'M HOPING THIS REACHES AS MANY PEOPLE AND EVENTUALLY BLOCK THIS SITE FROM ONLINE SEARCHES!!!!

sitej25
1/21/16

I ordered a pair of prescription lenses and their website said the transaction did not go through. I tried again with a different card and got the same response. Customer service told me to try the next day due to a website problem. I tried the next day and the transaction went through. Hours later I received 3 emails telling me I had made 3 separate orders and my cards were in fact charged. Upon contacting customer service to cancel all transactions, they assured me they would cancel the transactions except for one. None of the transactions have been cancelled and now I have to go through the credit card fraud department.

pi1861
8/21/15

they do not want to give me my flipping money back on an item that wasn't in stock any longer
so I've ask for my $150+ money to be refunded back to my Visa, with no results.. its been over 2 weeks with no regards to that. got an email stating they had refunded my money back 2 weeks ago.. I've looked at my statement 10+ times over and under.. no Credit was returned back to me. for them to say that the money was credited back to me, was the utter most lie... makes me think.. this is a way for SBG to scam people out of their money. I will not return to this site for purchasing anything..and definitely not recommend this site to anyone who purchasing glasses... so that'd be everyone.. yes don't support them. they are scamming pieces of crap that dwindle your money for their own benefit. bye forever.

josees
6/5/15

This company is great! What would have cost me over 300$CAN for Ralph Laurent frames and prescription lenses only cost me 130$CAN (shipping included)! And they're AUTHENTIC. Customer service was also great. They sent me an email to inform me of every step along the process (ex: confirming their provider had them in stock, then that they were sent to the lab for the prescription, and when it was shipped). It took about 2-3 weeks to receive them (because of the process of getting the prescription). The shipping itself only took 2 days. And yes.. it was shipped from Hong Kong. What doesn't come from China these days anyway? They're authentic, good price and come with a cleaning kit! NO complaints!

ralpha11
2/13/15

Great products, fast shipping, and so easy to do business with! All products are delivered very quickly and in brand new, never worn factory condition. Highly recommended.

leod20
1/9/15

Best transaction ever, very quick shipping, I purchased 2 pairs of Ray Ban with std lenses and the price was amazing

robr29
12/18/14

DO NOT BUY FROM THESE COWBOYS!!!
website looks great, very missleading! i purchased a pair of goggles which went through ok and they were delivered, then this is where the problems start! they were the wrong size, ok so i can return them, firstly try and find how to return things, the website is geared up to confuse the hell out of you, you have to make contact with them and get a returns number, this took me 7 days to obtain from them, not easy process! Eventually i got the number and sent the goggles back as advised, its since been 3 weeks and they are saying they havent received my goggles back, they give you excuses like, systems are down, warehouse problems, basically they will do anything to hold onto you cash...
I just wish i would have read these reports prior to purchase! take my advise DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY... they are getting reported to trading standards today by me and I will tke this to BBC watchdog if necessary!!

carolinen1
10/30/14

I just want to thank you and your team so much for your exceptional customer service. Marianne was exceptional. I just received my glasses and they are perfect. I didn't expect to receive them so soon, so I was completely impressed when they showed up early this morning. I will be recommending SmartbuyGlasses to everyone I know.

Fine points:

1. From my first email, Marianne did everything to make my purchase request happen (the colour of the glasses I wanted had an incorrect code listed on the website so I was worried about ordering them and ending up with the wrong colour. I knew this because I had tried them on in a brick and mortar store). She followed up with me every step of the way.

2. All told, the whole transaction took less than 10 days. It probably would have been less, but my first email went out on a Friday afternoon, so the weekend held up the order up by 2 days.

3. I purchased the glasses for less than 50% less than if I had bought them in the store I tried them on in. Instead of paying $450.00, I paid $237.00!

4. The company is ethically oriented and generous; for every order they receive, they donate a pair of glasses to their charity program. You'll find this on their website: "At SmartBuyGlasses we believe that it is our responsibility to make a strong social impact."

Thank you for setting the bar high. For all of the reasons above I will be coming back to you when I need to make a new purchase. In a world that has lost the art of interpersonal, social and customer relations, you set a superb example.

salmanr
9/24/14

I really loved the price and the fact that they also made it with my prescription lenses. It was easy to upload my prescription and even if you can't do that - you can add in the prescription yourself which is easy! I love my new Ralph Lauren eyeglasses. I was a bit worried about ordering eyeglasses with prescription for the first time but their service was great. I got my glasses within 2 weeks and I'm definately going to order some more! The prices are unbeatable. :)

Helpful answer

Dear Christina, I apologise for the delay in your order. To be able to help you better, can you please give us your order number or contact us directly on customerservice@smartbuyglasses.ca Regards, Customer Service SmartBuyGlasses Canada

By SmartBuyGlasses M. [SmartBuyGlasses.ca Rep] on 4/17/17
Helpful answer

Hi Halie, Thanks for the question. We have Transition Grey and Transition Brown available as options when purchasing lenses. If you require any further assistance in placing the order on our website, don't hesitate to contact our Service Manager at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.ca Regards, Ben

By SmartBuyGlasses M. [SmartBuyGlasses.ca Rep] on 2/2/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the SmartBuyGlasses.ca staff and other customers.

6 Photos for SmartBuyGlasses.ca