SmartBuyGlasses.ca reviews

Vancouver, BC V6G 3B7, Canada
customerservice@smartbuyglasses.ca

armandr11
6/23/18

Just make sure you know the EXACT style --model # -- size, color, etc, because returns are a hassle. Harder than expected.

terryt79
4/25/18

Absolute worst experience to hard to describe - wrong lenses three times in a row then actually sends me UNCUT LENSES...

Terrible Customer service

No chance of refund and brand name frames are copies

ricardov24
4/23/18

I ordered Polarized prescription sunglasses from them, and after speaking to a representative regarding the details, he informed me and confirmed the order of polarized prescription.. After a whole month of waiting, I inquire about the status of what is going on, for them to ask for another 84$ extra for polarization after having received CONFIRMATION from their service representative a month prior regarding the issue. Horrible follow through, their words don't mean anything, just because they say your order is going through does not mean it is. Will no longer do business with them.

georgez23
4/17/18

Bought glasses from these jokers for my son last spring; were supposed to be scratch-resistant. They weren't. After a few months, I requested a warranty exchange; they said I needed to send the old pair back first. I told them that that won't work, he only has that pair that now matches his prescription. After trading more emails, they agreed to send a new pair and upon reception of this new pair, I would send back the defective pair. NOW, several months later (try half a year), they STILL have yet to send me anything. Item is back-ordered, out-of-stock, etc. They kept asking me to choose a different pair, after which they would quickly tell me that that model was ALSO not in stock. I've had it with them. Crap customer service, ridiculous warranty conditions. Shop around, go to Costco or Lens Crafters.

Tip for consumers: Go to Costco or Lens Crafters

jb379
4/9/18

Don't get excited by the low advertised prices- You will be very disappointed when you receive your glasses. They sell FAKES from CHINA. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

pauls526
2/28/18

I bought a Tom Ford glasses. It was shipped from Hong Kong. SmartBuyGlasses own many domains in many countries.
I compared it with my previous Tom Ford same model, similar, but I know it is a fake due to lower quality. Even the warranty card was not properly cut and the words were slanted. There is no way Tom Ford did such a lousy job. I complained to them, they insisted it's genuine despite crooked card and obvious lower quality frame. They asked me to ship back with my own money to China with tedious ways to ship back. I never bother. I read many reviews, they never get back anything after that shipped back or they were wasting their time in frustration because of very slow responses.

kalam6
2/26/18

I never write reviews but I just have to put my support out there for this company. I bought a $30 pair of glasses and they were exactly what I pictured them to be. I had a minor problem with the lenses but they exchanged them and paid my shipping, no fuss! Jennifer in customer service was an absolute dream to work with! You never come across that kind of customer service anymore!

ahmeda194
1/30/18

I ordered an Armani frame from that website. Upon receiving it, I found that it is a low quality frame (Grade B) which has clear defects. ironically, they charged me 200$ for it. Bunch of thieves and cheaters.

taheem
1/21/18

WARNING: Smartbuyglasses will take your money without placing/fulfilling an order and then not give you your money back. The company stole $561 from me and I have had no success in reaching a customer service agent to get my money back after 2 weeks. I share my story as a warning to others:

Two weeks ago I attempted placing an order for a pair of glasses in the amount of $140.35 CDN. I received no confirmation for the order or any indication that it had been processed under the smartbuyglasses account I set-up for myself, i.e. nothing under "recent orders". I logged out of and back into my account to see the item I was trying to purchase still in my "shopping cart", indicating that the order had not gone through. As such, I attempted placing the order again with the same outcome - no success. Again, no confirmation email or recent order under my smartbuyglasses account were received.

Immediately after this, I checked my online visa account to see that 4 separate transactions were pending on my visa in the amount of $140.35 from Smartbuyglasses, meaning that there was a total charge of $561.40 on my visa account (i.e. 4 times the amount for the pair of glasses I was attempting to order). I contacted visa and they indicated that the company would likely not post these charges, given that an order had not been processed by the company. Visa advised that I contact Smartbuyglasses to be safe. I immediately e-mailed Smartbuyglasses (no number is available) to ask for confirmation that I would not be charged, given that no order was processed on their end. I did not hear anything until 7 days later. The e-mail is below. What is important to notes is that the customer service agent confirmed that no order went through (they had nothing on file under my account). The agent asked I provide my visa statement. For security reasons I am not prepared to disclose my visa details via e-mail, especially to a non-reputable company like Smartbuyglasses. I did provide an image of the 4 transactions, showing the charges. As such, I asked that someone contact me via phone or that a number be provided to me so that I may speak to a customer service agent and have this rectified. I have had zero response since asking for a phone number.

Last week, I checked my visa account and saw that the company posted the 4 separate charges on my visa account, meaning that I have now been charged $561.40. Not only did the order not go through, but I was charged 4 times the amount for the pair of glasses I attempted to order. Again, no order was placed on their end (see e-mail below)! It has been two weeks and 20 plus e-mails later and the company has still not reached out to me to give me back the money which the stole from me.

If anyone else has incurred a similar experience, I encourage you to share your experience with others. I am now seeing, through reading reviews of this company, how unreliable and fraudulent the company is. I want the money that the company has stolen from me back and they are reluctant to even contact me. I have reported this to the Better Business Bureau and opened up a dispute case with visa for assistance. I still don't have a phone number for this company to call. I will be sharing this story via other platforms as a warning to others.

E-mail from customer service below. I have not heard from this agent since replying to the e-mail the day of and requesting a phone call or a number to call. 2 weeks and counting.

"Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Jem and I will personally be handling your email query.

I'm sorry to hear that you were having issues when you processed your order and have not received any confirmation. Yet on your visa online statement you were charge 4 times. This does not usually happen and is not the type of experience I would like you to receive from us.

We failed to locate your order using your email address and full name. However we kindly ask you to provide us a copy of your bank statement showing the charges and your credit card number so we can locate your order.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future with any questions, comments or concerns that you may have.

Best Regards,

Jeramie N. Carlos
Customer Service
SmartBuyGlasses"

lucyy8
12/30/17

Horrible company!!!! Do not trust this company with your money!!!!! The company charged me in US dollars when i ordered through the Canadian site. When I returned the order, as I was dissatisfied with the customer service, I was refunded below the amount that I initially paid due to the exchange.

katep54
11/22/17

These glasses are knock offs. I had never heard of the company, but the site looked legit, so I bought a pair of Ray Ban's from Smartbuyglasses. Everything throughout the purchase and delivery went smoothly. On arrival, I inspected the glasses and found a number of differences between them and my last pair of authentic Ray Ban's. There is actually a list online that you can Google on how to tell if Ray Ban's (and I'm sure any glasses) are fake or not. Based on the list, and my own personal knowledge of Ray Ban's, these are fake, and here is a list of how I know:
1. The overall weight of the glasses - these ones were extremely light.
2. The lenses were plastic - Ray Ban lenses are (almost) always glass. I owned the exact pair before and the lenses were indeed glass.
3. There is no metal bar running the length of the side arms of the glasses - Ray Ban's have this
4. The "Ray Ban" logo on the side arms is raised. Authentic Ray Ban's have a logo that is flush with the rest of the arm.
5. There is no RB etching on the lens. Authentic Ray Ban's have this etching to help confirm authenticity.
So needless to say, I returned the glasses and received a full refund within a week. Everything about this whole transaction was great, I'm just not into paying top dollar for knock off's.

almoa1
8/8/17

I had ordered for prescription sun glasses (Sinner Fury SISU-635) online from https://www.smartbuyglassess.ca. At the time of booking, there was no note on the website that said that the sunglasses being ordered are out of stock or discontinued from production by the manufacturer. A few days after the order was placed, I got an email stating that the sunglasses were out of stock and I'll have to wait for 1 to 4 weeks to get the sun glasses. A few days after this, I got another email stating that the sunglasses have been discontinued from production by the manufacturer. I finally decided to cancel my order after which I was told that I would get the refund credited with 7 working days. After 7 working days, I contacted them only to realize that the accounting department had made a mistake in the refund and that a fresh refund order had been generated. Not only did I did not get the desired product but I had to exchange several emails back and forth to get my refund without any compensation offered for all the lies told to me and delay in getting refund. Few questions that were left unanswered:
1. If the product is out of stock / discontinued from production why is the website inventory not updated to avoid misleading the customers?
2. Why is the accounting department so casual and careless about the customer service?
3. Why was no compensation given to me on account of points 2 and 2 above?

Tip for consumers: Avoid

anacletoc
7/20/17

Last week I ordered 2 pairs of sun glasses from this website. After I placed the order I went on the internet checking if this company had bad reviews. This is how I got here! After reading all the bad reviews I decided to cancel my orders, I also contacted the manufacturer who produces the sun glasses I ordered asking if this company was an authorised seller of their products, the answer was "NO". So I kind of started panicking a bit. After 2 days they refunded my money. I ordered via PayPal. So I am not sure if the company sells original products but I can confirm that my money was returned on the spot.

davej79
6/4/17

Elaborate fraudulent website that goes to a long way to appear legit. They create lots of fake 5 star reviews. Basically you receive counterfit goods shipped from China after a long wait and returns have to be sent to China at your own cost and then you never receive your money back.

pablor18
6/3/17

This company is a big scam, they charge me $238 dollars without my consent after I reported them the money was then giving back to me. They are not approved by the better business bureau is a big scam company located in Russia. They are laughing at us, don't ever buy nothing from them.

ihtshamm
5/9/17

Same story like all others. I order Contact lenses a month ago ( 05-04-2017) and I am still waiting. On product page the deliver time is 3 to 5 days.

rai289
4/25/17

Horrible company. Do not order unless you want to wait 4 months to receive a product missing lenses and a ridiculous amount of emails back and forth to try to have them fix the situation to no avail. They have horrible customer service and refuse to even try to rectify the situation in any reasonable fashion. They are a scam! Be warned! I still have not received the product and I ordered in January

toms302
3/2/17

If you know what the frames you're buying are supposed to be it's clear these are counterfeit. I was replacing a identical pair of glasses. The pair I replaced clearly had country of origin on them (Italy), the pair they sent actually had it scratched off (are you kidding me, no) but you could still read China... But someone actually scratched it off, Yes I sent this vendor a pick of it, their looking into it, never heard back a thing....

Doesn't anyone else wonder why a company from the UK is selling glasses supposedly MFG in Europe or America and amazingly everything comes from, you guessed it, China aka Hong Kong...

If you think for a second you are getting original frames, you are mistaken. The lenses are also not of very good quality.

Company expects you to pay for returns half way around the world (Hong Kong) , if / when you can actually get them to respond (numerous attempts it takes), gee I wonder why their being sent back to China as well....

To make matters even worse, they clearly advertise as being authorized dealers, I can assure you they are not for at least Nike, I called and asked NIke, Nope, not at all....

Fake, Fake, Fake - If you buy from them you are supporting the global counterfeit business.

Lesson Learned....

Tip for consumers: Just skip it - in the pic next to the CE it should say Italy, these hooligans just decided to scratch it right off. This was taken hours after receiving and sent to company, Their "looking" into it, numerous attempts to follow up and no reply !

kevinv33
2/17/17

I was afraid I would not receive the pair I ordered, but everything went seamless.
Customer service is relatively slow but everything else went seamlessly.

tanyas42
2/2/17

Do not buy from them! Bad reviews are true. I've should have read them before I ordered my frames!

reneep40
2/2/17

I ordered bifocal sunglasses.These bifocal lens doesn't work properly. I'can't see correctly with. Smartbuyglasses categorically refused to refund me. Lately I've replaced the defective lens by the good ones. The optician told me there were a lot of distorsion in these very low quality lenses. The inner surface of lenses were polished as a mirror. It was unbearable under the sun

philipr23
1/31/17

Ordered a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses from this website.
Delivery was received from Hong Kong and the sunglasses were not authentic, but a very clever copy. I imagine that there a many customers that don't realize they've been sold cheap knock-off products for the price of the genuine article.

Following delivery I received an email asking for a review of the product. Hmmm.

After reading many online posts re this company I'm doubtful that I'll see my money back or the genuine article, only run-arounds.

I should have been suspicious when they asked for identity verification at the time of purchase.

Tip for consumers: Don't be dumb: don't order from SmartBuyGlasses

chrisj139
10/28/16

People have speculated as to the validity of this company as well as the authenticity of what they sell. Well, I ordered in stock Maui Jim Red Sands for $249 CAD on October 21st that were shipped from their Hong Kong origination center and just received them today October 25th in St. John's, NL, Canada. They are the real deal and exactly what I wanted, having just returned from Florida, where the identical pair were $229 USD. I have the same bronze lens Haleakala's just purchased in Florida and the vision is identical. Thank you smartbuyglasses.ca!

aaronl56
10/24/16

Like so many other reveiws that I have read I got screwed over SmartBuyGlasses.com. Items appear and are advertised online as being in stock. First they sent an email confriming my order on 10/9, On 10/16 they send me an email stated that my order has been confirmed to be instock and will be shiped within 5-9 buisness days. On 10/22 they send another email informing me that my order is not in stock and ould take another 1-2 weeks before they receive them. WTF!!!! I am now going back and forth jumping through hoops trying to gt them to refund my money and cancel the order. SAVE YOURSELF THE TROUBLE AND DO BUISNESS SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!!!!

jessicas51
10/7/16

Same order delay and back order issues identified by other reviewers. Can't get a hold of the business to cancel my order, they dont have a working phone line. It has been 1.5 months and my order still hasnt shipped. When I get my money back, Im taking it elsewhere. Filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and with Visa.

Dear Christina, I apologise for the delay in your order. To be able to help you better, can you please give us your order number or contact us directly on customerservice@smartbuyglasses.ca Regards, Customer Service SmartBuyGlasses Canada

By SmartBuyGlasses M., SmartBuyGlasses.ca Representative

Hi Halie, Thanks for the question. We have Transition Grey and Transition Brown available as options when purchasing lenses. If you require any further assistance in placing the order on our website, don't hesitate to contact our Service Manager at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.ca Regards, Ben

By SmartBuyGlasses M., SmartBuyGlasses.ca Representative

Questions? Get answers from the SmartBuyGlasses.ca staff and other customers.

6 Photos for SmartBuyGlasses.ca