SmartBuyGlasses CA

ResellerRatings
1 / 5
Better Business Bureau
1.8 / 5

SmartBuyGlasses CA has a consumer rating of 2.34 stars from 118 reviews indicating that most customers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. Consumers complaining about SmartBuyGlasses CA most frequently mention customer service, credit card and full refund problems. SmartBuyGlasses CA ranks 138th among Eyeglasses sites.

This company responds to reviews on average within 1 hour

Positive reviews (last 12 months): 27.3%

No positive highlights yet

• Terrible Customer service No chance of refund and brand name frames are copies
How would you rate SmartBuyGlasses CA?

“Awesome Versace Glasses”

Ingrid H.
4/26/21

I had extremely efficient and timely customer support. My selected Versace frames were currently not available but I managed to find another frame. Delivery in Canada was earlier than expected and the glasses are amazing. They fit well and being progressives I was quite worried. I also have an extremely high prescription. I was pleasantly surprised at the glasses I received and the vision through the ultra-thin 1.74 lenses that I had selected. So much so that I just ordered another pair online in a Givenchy frame. I hope this pair is as good as the last!

“Disappointed”

Ben F.
7/23/20

Initially I was excited to order because I found the shades I wanted for a pretty good price. I was notified a couple days later after purchasing that I have to send an i. D picture for verification, which I thought was strange because I paid debit card. After verification I was notified days later that the shipment will be at least another month for shipping. Very dissatisfied I wouldn't recommend ordering from this site. And I'm still waiting for my frames to arrive.

customer service (35)
benf216
July 23rd, 2020

Hello Ben,

Please accept my apologies for the troubles with your payment and for the delay of sending your order.

We would love to resolve this problem for you, however, we did not receive your order ID/details with your review.

Could you kindly provide your order ID so I can assist you?

You can send an email to servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.ca addressing the email to me.

Nicole

Hi Ben,

Thank you for providing us with your Order ID.

We take our customers’ feedback very seriously so I will be contacting you shortly to help resolve this issue.

We would love to make things right if you could give us another chance.

Nicole

ingridh72
April 26th, 2021

paulg997
July 30th, 2020

0 stars if possible.
Oh, positive reviews here are paid marketing posts. Un-verified customers. 100% SURE.

My Order CA*******322G
I'm a second time customer. The first was also a bad experience with item getting cancelled, reprocessed, re-ordered, delayed order, everything that just can go wrong.

I tried to give it another shot, NEVER again and it just got worse. Ordered something. Help desk changed something and confirmed the order.
After which, I checked my status, it got cancelled!

My credit card has already been charged, they didn't inform me, and I had to find out myself.
Despite me confirming the order with their help desk a few days ago!

--Update--
Instead of getting the refund, decided to push through with an alternative just to finish this fiasco.
Given my complaint, they expedited delivery of this new one.
So far item arrived and it is okay.
My advice for anyone purchasing, to coordinate fully to ensure item is available and ready to ship. I cannot comment on standard delivery schedules as I know mine was expedited.

Hello Paul,

I am truly sorry to know about what happened to your orders. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

sofiac90
September 10th, 2021
Verified purchase

I purchased a pair of Prada sunglasses that upon first inspection I knew they were fake. No serial number etched into the inner lens, and other indicators that these were not authentic. I own several pairs of Prada sunglasses and these are not real Prada. Very disappointed and seeking a return and refund. Thank God I used PayPal because I will fight through them if I get the run around.

***Update. I returned the glasses to smart buy after contacting customer service and following their instructions for returns. The refund has been processed and I am relieved and happy it was done quick and without hassle.

Hi Sofia,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

We would love to resolve this problem for you, however, we did not receive your order ID with your review.

Hannah

Hi Sofia,

Hannah

richardn700
February 1st, 2021

Just received my Raybans, From Hong Kong! Pretty sure they're fake. The plastic feels of a very poor quality and the packaging just doesn't sit right with me, the lenses also seem a little brittle for such an expensive pair of sunglasses.

I'll have them checked over and update.

Hello Richard,

I am sorry to hear that you have doubts about the authenticity of the item received and sorry to know that you are not happy with the quality of the item. I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Please note that all our items are 100% authentic and come with a 2-yr warranty on manufacturing defects. Please note that Ray-Bans are sourced directly from the brand.

rodm42
August 15th, 2016

I see there are many horror stories about "suspicious transactions" that go through right away on your credit card and then they say they want your driver's licence to prove you exist. Once you've sent the copy of your driver's licence they then tell you your frames have been back ordered, even though there's nothing on the web site to indicate they are in short supply. Still waiting for my glasses. The frames are still featured as available on the web site.

am732
April 30th, 2020

Bought a pair of glasses... 10 days after got an email saying they were preparing for delivery. Finally contacted them after waiting patiently for 15 days to find out that they wanted me to pay through PayPal because my credit card transaction was flagged as "high risk".
Any reason why they didn't let me know when I paid 15 days ago? Unacceptable

Dear A.M.

Please accept my apologies for the troubles with your payment and for the inconveniences caused.

As I can see, one of my colleagues is already helping you to solve the issue.

If there is something else we could do for you, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Rafael

kens567
December 21st, 2020

I ordered an eye frame 3 months ago and still waiting for it. The customer service rep is useless. Unable to assist. Can't give an ETA. Got a stock confirmation notice finally 3 weeks ago. When checked again today. I was told that it is still out of stock and ETA is unavailable. Very poor service. Will not recommend anyone to do any business with them.

servicemgtsbgs
SmartBuyGlasses S. – SmartBuyGlasses CA Rep

Hi Ken,

I am very sorry to hear this and please accept my sincerest apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Please be assured that I will do my best to make it up to you and resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Lauren

mohamede127
October 20th, 2020

I placed an order today for glasses that were showing on the website and received the email confirmation. Then I contacted them asking about the invoice and they told me that the invoice would be ready when the order gets shipped. Then during the chat the said "oh, the item you ordered is discontinued". Really, I can't believe that this is a professional way for a 100% online company to deal with customers. I don't recommend dealing with them.

Hi Mohamed,

I am really sorry to hear about this inconvenience that you experienced with your order with us,

Can you please share your order number with us, so that we can check the issue and help you further with this case?

Jelena

cherl9
October 14th, 2020

I bought 2 Brand name women's frames only and they were too small so I emailed them (they have no customer service phone number supposedly) several times and they finally gave me the address to ship them back to. I paid for shipping and ship the 2 frames back to them but never received a refund of $250 on my credit card. This company is a SCAM and should be shut down immediately by the police and the owners thrown in jail for the crooks they are!

jamest1337
October 9th, 2020

I bought some Tom Ford TF5668-B. The frame was $250. The authentic frame is $495 they are heavy and came with the authentication card and case all look authentic. They aren't lightweight like most fakes. I didn't know they were fakes when I ordered them as the website guarantees they are real. I found the real frame after they got here at Neiman Marcus.

francist57
August 13th, 2020

I bought a pair of Tom Ford eyeglasses in July. However, I didn't read the reviews here after purchase. Until last week, I just realize a lot of people says it is a scam and sells fakes eyeglasses. I was pretty scared. Because the shipment was on its way already. The price was $250 in total.

I received it today. The frame is solid and not light in weight. Please see the photos uploaded. I checked the details, seems pretty good. (I own pairs of authentic Tom Ford/Dior/Chanel/Gentle Monster/etc sunglasses) I guess I can tell if the frame is cheaply made or not. If this is really a fake one, it is still a grade AA product. Lol. Hope it is not. The only small part I would doubt about the authenticity is the white words "TOM FORD" "MADE IN ITALY" printed on the arm. They don't seem align very perfectly.

Issues solved by Smartbuy:

1. As per my request, they make the lens accord with my contact lens prescription, which is great. Communication is good.

2. As they promised, they credited the 5% cash rebate that I found on Rakuten (ebates) after shipment.

Except the question of authenticity, I think Smartbuy is a pretty good company. I guess I am lucky in this purchase. I receive the whole set of accessories.

sherap1
January 10th, 2014

I ordered a pair of Ray Ban New Wayfarer from smartbuyglasses on January 2nd. Tracking info showed the glasses were being sent from Hong Kong, which immediately made me question the authenticity of the glasses. They arrived at my door on January 8th, very fast shipping to Nova Scotia. I googled and youtubed many sites concerning real vs fake Ray Bans. I am confident that my Ray Bans are indeed authentic. Fast shipping, good price, great sunglasses. I would not hesitate to order from smartbuyglasses again.

andrews972
April 7th, 2020

Order sunglasses from them, paid with Visa and they contacted me stating my visa was flagged as a risk, they would 'refund' me and to make payment with Paypal (red flag #1). This sounded strange right there so I contacted Visa who said everything was fine on their end, the $400 payment went through no problem.
I started looking into this supposedly Canadian store more. They are in Hong Kong (red flag #2).
I contacted the manufacturer of the sunglasses I order who had never heard of this store, so it wasn't an authorized store (red flag #3). They provided me with details how to spot fakes, or at least what to look for on this exact model for what is authentic.
Google searches and reading here, reddit, other review sites, this store is 100% selling fakes. Any customer who claims otherwise has been fooled into thinking they got a real pair.

Stay away. Spend the extra 10% and buy from an authorized store. These guys are slime bags.

kimm1098
December 23rd, 2020

Scam! Stay away! They do not refund fraud merchandise and you will get the run around... avoid at all cost! I hope this helps the next person. Amazon is way safer... good luck..

Hi Kim,

Please be assured that we will do our best to make it up to you and resolve the issue as soon as possible.

Jelena

stevem483
March 30th, 2021

It took 48 days to get my glasses and the left lens prescription was wrong. I had to ship back at my cost and did not get a full refund.

Tip for consumers:
Costco was the same price, I got my glasses in four days with the correct lenses.

Products used:
Glasses

Hello Steve,

I am really sorry to know that you have concerns with the processing time and that the left lens you received was wrong. I am also sorry to hear that you have not received your refund yet.

Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you. If possible, please reply to my request with your order information so I can further assist you.

annem702
May 20th, 2020

Tried to return my glasses and they gave me a bogus address so it was returned to me. I had to pay for postage both ways. Called them and spoke to someone in Hong Kong who said they would call me back. No call back and no answer after that. I got charge for all of it and can't use the glasses. Rip off!

hongs1
November 20th, 2012

I'd say it's the best price u can find for a canadian buyer and the customer service is great (replys within a day with precise updates on ur order). What they can do better is on the shipping time since they dont have everything on stock except "FAst ship" items so it took me 1 month to recieve my glasses. But overall. From the time they got my item to when it arrived... WOW! Worth buying from them with confidence!

janes859
August 2nd, 2020

Smart buy claims to have all these glasses in stock. I have tried several times to make orders from them but my experience has always been a failure. They have claimed to process my order and take my money only to be told in the end that the products are not available. I have waited months to get my money back and am still back in the same place as I started with no glasses. Most frustrating company to deal with. I would
Not recommend ordering from this company given their false claims and fact they process your order And take your money even if they don't have the item in stock.

Hello Jane,

It is unfortunate that you have concerns regarding your order and that you have not received an email. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

The processing time of items may vary as some are in stock and some need to be sourced from a supplier. The processing times are also advertised on our site.

deec202
September 13th, 2021

I was thoroughly impressed with my order!
I was nervous after some of the negative reviews I had read. It did take a few weeks for the glasses to arrive. In those weeks I received status updates on my order frequently.
The glasses are in excellent shape and are exactly what I ordered. They arrived with a Nike case, guarantee card, as well as the original lenses before the prescribed ones were put in. Wow!
I have already ordered a second pair (not Nike).
Looking forward to their arrival!

debrahd2
July 1st, 2020

Guys, be very careful when you are shopping, i paid 1305Sek for sunglasses in April till now in July, i did not receive any shipment.
No contact telephone no physical address.
I regret that payment I did.
Therefore, i will say that: smartbuyglasses.ca, smartbuyglassses.se, uk. Usa, india and others are fake sites

Debrah

nick5
November 14th, 2020

It is horrible experience. Time Wasted and Energy Wasted.
When they reply to you by email, all you can get is "I am really sorry for the late response. We are currently receiving a large volume of emails and we apologized for not being able to get back to you right away".
Cannot get any worse than 0 star.

Hi Nic,

Thanks for sharing your feedback with us.

I'm sorry about your recent experience, I would love to resolve this problem for you, however, we did not receive your order ID with your review.

Lauren

andreah415
October 1st, 2020

First at all glasses doesn't looks like origiy!
But also I paid for ultra thin glass and I got unbelievably thick glass, I am wearing glasses 24years and never had anything like that!

Just gonna wait for their respond with expectation of full refund!

Hi Andrea,

Thank you for providing your order details.

I will contact you shortly to discuss the issue and resolve it in a timely manner.

Caselyn

armandr11
June 23rd, 2018

Just make sure you know the EXACT style --model # -- size, color, etc, because returns are a hassle. Harder than expected.

sivadarshang
August 19th, 2020

I bought a frame from this website. I was disappointed when opened the package as the frame was bent. But I was like you know these things happen when online shopping so I contacted the customer service. They told me to mail the defective frame and agreed to send me a new one once they had received the return. Now, it has been 4 days since and no one is replying to my emails, I have lost $300 incl shipping costs and I don't know what to do about it either. I am thinking of asking my credit card company to start an investigation for fraud and try to get my money back but idk if it will work.

UPDATE:
They got back to me and sent me another pair only after I posted a review and it has the same problem, the frame is still bent and does not align. I feel like they just sent me the same pair that I returned without even fixing it. They told me they would cover any shipping costs for my return, I sent them all the receipts and no one is replying to my emails when I ask them to cover my return fee. They wanted me to pay another $10 as well, which I refused to pay. But $300 down the drain. This website is absolute rubbish and does not seem to be legit. This is fraud people, I would not advise anyone to buy glasses from here.

Hi Siva,

I regret to know that the replacement pair you received has the same issue. This should not be the case as the replacement pair we sent you is brand new. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused you.

I will be in contact with you shortly to address this and ensure that the problem is resolved in a timely manner.

Katherine

Dear Christina, I apologise for the delay in your order. To be able to help you better, can you please give us your order number or contact us directly on customerservice@smartbuyglasses.ca Regards, Customer Service SmartBuyGlasses Canada

By SmartBuyGlasses M.,

Dealt with PayPal as they have a terrible track record with their customer service. They do not have a phone number.

By Cathy M.

Hi Halie, Thanks for the question. We have Transition Grey and Transition Brown available as options when purchasing lenses. If you require any further assistance in placing the order on our website, don't hesitate to contact our Service Manager at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.ca Regards, Ben

By SmartBuyGlasses M.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SmartBuyGlasses CA staff and other customers.

Largest Range, Best Service, Great prices!

SmartBuyGlasses is fully dedicated to providing our Canada customers with the largest range of designer sunglasses, prescription eyewear, contact lenses, optical products and optical services at the best possible prices. Our customers can always rely on us for a vast selection of optical products from the latest eyewear trends to the classics that never go out of style. We pride ourselves in offering our customers great deals daily and guarantee an enjoyable shopping experience.

Business History

SmartBuyGlasses is part of the SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, one of the world's leading online designer eyewear retailers with operations in the US, Canada and Italy. With cross-continent operations we are able to work closer with our global distributors ensuring that we can provide you with the most comprehensive range of eyewear at excellent prices. We are passionate about providing exceptional customer service and relish working in such a varied international setting.

SmartBuyGlasses M.
Typically responds within 1 hour

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmartBuyGlasses CA?

See reviews as you browse with our Chrome extension

2.3
Have a question about SmartBuyGlasses CA?