SmartBuyGlasses.ca

SmartBuyGlasses.ca has a consumer rating of 2.4 stars from 86 reviews indicating that most consumers are generally dissatisfied with their purchases. SmartBuyGlasses.ca also ranks 34th among Eyeglasses sites. The most common issues with SmartBuyGlasses.ca are around customer service, which is not as good as expected by some customers.

• I still cant fathom how fast their service is from Hong Kong to Toronto.
  • I ordered prescription glasses, received them in 10 days, as announced on the website.

• Either they are a scam or have terrible customer service -
  • I had never heard of the company, but the site looked legit, so I bought a pair of Ray Ban's from Smartbuyglasses.
How would you rate SmartBuyGlasses.ca?

“Not sure what everyone's issue is.”

Corin H.
9/26/19

Ordered a set of prescription raybans, was it the smoothest process ever? No. Did I get legit raybans with my prescription and transition lenses in less time then my local optometrist quoted and at 150 dollars less? Yup. They even included the original lenses that rayban ships them with, the serial number is verified by rayban and the prescription checked out at my local optometrist, from order to delivery it took 14 days exactly, they shipped from Hong Kong (your like ERMAGAWD DEY TOOK ER JAWBS?!) but that's how they offer the reduced prices. If you're looking to support local shop elsewhere, if you wanna save a few bucks buy at Smartbuy and send their customer support team an email they'll hold your hand through the whole process and do a fantastic job.

“Fakes!”

Vincent P.
3/26/20

They sell fakes. I've ordered Nike sunglasses, received them after about 10 days later. They came in a softcloth bag with lettering on it that did'nt looked right. Glasses seemed to be 3D printed. So I went to my local optometrist and ordered the same model. Should've done that the first time. Fit and finish on the real pair is way better. Stay away from smartbuyglasses. They may be high quality fakes, but the rebate isn't good enough and the fit is not right. On the picture the real ones are on the right and the one that cane with the hardbox. Notice the color fade in the hinge of the fake on the left. Obviously nothing on SmartBuyGlasses website says anything about fakes...

customer service (29) hong kong (14) prescription glasses (7) 2 weeks (10) pair (32) credit card (8) order (57) prescription lenses (4) money (22) 2 days (5) 10 days (3) 4 emails (3)
vincentp116
March 26th, 2020
rodm42
August 15th, 2016
I see there are many horror stories about "suspicious transactions" that go through right away on your credit card and then they say they want your driver's licence to prove you exist. Once you've sent the copy of your driver's licence they then tell you your frames have been back ordered, even though there's nothing on the web site to indicate they are in short supply. Still waiting for my glasses. The frames are still featured as available on the web site.
satyriaj
January 2nd, 2020
Their items are fake, I ordered a pair of eyeglasses and as soon as I opened the box I could tell that they were fake. Went to authenticate them and shocker, both places came back and said that they were cheap replicas and that the lenses were cheap and would hurt my vision in the long run. Don't waste your time or money on this fradulent company.
andreg62
February 5th, 2020
After waiting a whole month I finally received my Adidas frames but when I took them to my optician to get my prescribed lenses on it he told me sorry but this frames are a not originals and he showed how easy they broke.
Dear Andre,

I am really sorry to hear that your glasses got broken while mounting the lenses, however, we do guarantee that all the products we offer are 100% authentic. We only work with the manufacturers of each brand and our most trusted suppliers to be sure of that.

In any case, if possible, please contact us and we will help you solve the issue with the broken frame.

Sincerely,

Rafael
armandr11
June 23rd, 2018
Just make sure you know the EXACT style --model # -- size, color, etc, because returns are a hassle. Harder than expected.
sherap1
January 10th, 2014
I ordered a pair of Ray Ban New Wayfarer from smartbuyglasses on January 2nd. Tracking info showed the glasses were being sent from Hong Kong, which immediately made me question the authenticity of the glasses. They arrived at my door on January 8th, very fast shipping to Nova Scotia. I googled and youtubed many sites concerning real vs fake Ray Bans. I am confident that my Ray Bans are indeed authentic. Fast shipping, good price, great sunglasses. I would not hesitate to order from smartbuyglasses again.
kamilz3
June 13th, 2019
Stay away completely. Ordered glasses about 3 weeks ago. Was told a week after ordering that their out of stock, I said I'd gladly wait as they contact the manufacturer to get a new shipment. 2 weeks after that, the order updated in my account to "product discontinued" I wasn't even notified, I had to contact customer service myself about this. So 3 weeks wasted. Gone. Now i just requested a refund. I won't be ordering from here ever again and neither should you. Save the time.
vanessat75
June 29th, 2019
Havent received my glasses or a refund for glasses that were shipped to a wrong address. Its about to be two weeks that they delivered it to the wrong address. After i screenshot three different proofs of delivery that were sent to me; nobody decided to reply. This is starting to seem like a scam website to me. Attached are the proofs of delivery that were sent to me with two different addresses for my glasses at the same date and time.
Vanessa
fg30
May 22nd, 2019
Just received my Tom Ford eye wear. It came from Hong Kong, rather than Canada. They are total fakes. I know this because I own three other pairs of REAL Tom Ford glasses. I wish I had done my research prior to buying, as it is clear that I am not the only one who was scammed. The website looks totally legit, and they even have a page where they talk about their community service, whereby they have donated over $2MM in eye wear to the needy. Shame on you, and shame on the government who lets this continue, despite all the complaints.
corinh1
September 26th, 2019
aidanc28
August 29th, 2019
Received Persol sunglasses with chip in one of the lens and inconsistencies in the quality overall. Would have never pass Persol quality control. Also the etching of "Persol P" on one of the lens was incomplete. Finally the end of each arm at the hinges are roughly finished. Three defects out of the box deserves a one star rating. Received Persol sunglasses with chip in one of the lens and inconsistencies in the quality overall. Would have never pass Persol quality control. Also the etching of "Persol P" on one of the lens was incomplete. Finally the end of each arm at the hinges are roughly finished. The documents in the box are not cut straight which is also a sign of fake product Three defects out of the box and awful customer deserves a one star rating. I've contacted several times to return and received no response providing return address and shipping form. I'm now opening a case with my credit card company so I can get my money back. Stay away from these scammers!
kw25
January 30th, 2012
My glasses order was processed and received very quickly. Glasses were at least $100 less expensive than any competitor's website. Many online competitors did not stock the brand or model at all because it was in season. I saved $300 from what I would have paid at my optician. My only comment is that when emailing back and forth with customer service, I communicated with several individuals who had, at best, a beginner to intermediate command of the English language.
roberts1775
March 28th, 2019
I am a person with bad economy and had saved to buy a pair of Ray-Bans for 3 months.

I though SmartBuyGlasses looked good and made an order that came from Hong-Kong.

The quality is so bad and when I took the glasses to a local store they said it will hurt my eyesight if i wear them with the bad lenses.

I payed for a expensive return and they stopped answering and its been 1 month and I have 0 answers and 0 money back.

May this be as a warning for you... These people are the lowest of the low.
Dear Robert,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are terribly sorry that the item your ordered did not live up to your expectations. We would like to confirm that all our products are 100% authentic and brand new.

We do our best to get back to customers in a timely manner and I can assure that we do not ignore emails from our customers regardless of the issues. You can let us know the Order Details and we will check it immediately for you.

You can send an email to customerservice@smartbuyglasses.ca addressing the email to me.

Smartbuyglasses
cathym314
March 23rd, 2019
• Updated review
SmartBuyGlasses via freshdesk.com
00:27 (14 hours ago)

to me

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting SmartBuyGlasses! This is an automated email (so please don't reply) to confirm with you that we have received your message.

Our team is working around the clock to respond as fast as possible from Monday to Sunday. To make sure that we will get back to you as soon as possible, we suggest that please avoid sending repetitive messages.

Warm regards,

The SmartBuyGlasses Team
FAKE - BUYER BEWARE
March 15th, 2019
• Previous review
I just recieved my "Chloe Palma" sunglasses today after waiting 23 days (just long enough for payment to go through so you can't stop payment). I have opened a case with PayPal. These glasses were still $271. CND. I will not even deal with this company for a refund as the reviews are horrendous . The only way these people can be stopped is if you stop supporting them. Disgusting sunglasses sent with Chloe written on the lens and the frame much smaller than advertised. They should be ashamed of themselves ,selling fakes as authentic.
davidz116
January 11th, 2019
I ordered a pair of prescription sunglasses which were supposed to be delivered in a couple of weeks and it took them 8 weeks. They provided me with an RMA to obtain refund, sent them back order and still waiting for my refund. It takes their customer service 4-5 days to answer emails and I discovered that the glasses are made in Hong Kong.
Buyer Beware!!!!
Dear David,

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

We regret to hear that your experience with us was not good. This is not the type of service we expect you to receive.

For Return request, we normally process the refund immediately upon receipt of the returned parcel. In order to help, please let us know your Order Details and we will immediately look into this matter.

reneep40
February 2nd, 2017
I ordered bifocal sunglasses.These bifocal lens doesn't work properly. I'can't see correctly with. Smartbuyglasses categorically refused to refund me. Lately I've replaced the defective lens by the good ones. The optician told me there were a lot of distorsion in these very low quality lenses. The inner surface of lenses were polished as a mirror. It was unbearable under the sun
kalam6
February 26th, 2018
I never write reviews but I just have to put my support out there for this company. I bought a $30 pair of glasses and they were exactly what I pictured them to be. I had a minor problem with the lenses but they exchanged them and paid my shipping, no fuss! Jennifer in customer service was an absolute dream to work with! You never come across that kind of customer service anymore!
terryt79
April 25th, 2018
Absolute worst experience to hard to describe - wrong lenses three times in a row then actually sends me UNCUT LENSES...

Terrible Customer service

No chance of refund and brand name frames are copies
markk423
January 30th, 2019
Upon requesting a delivery status updated from customer service during the second week from ordering, I was informed by * from customer service that the non-prescription Maui Jims I had chosen, were out of stock. There was no "Out of Stock" notification during the check out process. I am now in my fourth week and I received an email today that reads, "There has been a delay in restocking this item. It may take 1 to 2 weeks before arriving at our distribution centre." I have never heard of shipping taking so long for any item ordered online. Good thing I ordered for myself and not as birthday gift. I wonder how long it would have taken if the glasses were prescription??? I will never recommend Smart Buy Glasses!

*Personal information redacted by admin
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry if you felt mislead regarding the processing of your order. We always make sure to be transparent and update customers with the status of the order real time.

We are happy to check the issue for you. Please let us know the Order Details and we will immediately follow up.

nk53
August 8th, 2019
It comes form s**** hole in China and totally FAKE!!! STAY AWAY AT ALL COST! Took forever to arrive and came in a dirty pouch. I got Polaroid sunglasses that I knew instantly were fakes as I had few pairs over the years.
hongs1
November 20th, 2012
i'd say it's the best price u can find for a canadian buyer and the customer service is great (replys within a day with precise updates on ur order). What they can do better is on the shipping time since they dont have everything on stock except "FAst ship" items so it took me 1 month to recieve my glasses. But overall.. from the time they got my item to when it arrived... WOW !! Worth buying from them with confidence!!
tanjak5
May 7th, 2019
People be awere your order may never arrive. Ordered an expenssive pair or glasses that never arrived. Meanwhile they keep sending automatic order updates that everything is on time. Tried to contact a live person with no success. Very frustrating for someone who needed glasses asap
Dear Tanja,

We are sorry to hear that you are not happy with our service.

We are constantly striving to ensure that our customers are able to address all inquiries and requests in a timely manner. All inquiries are answered from all channels.

The courier tracking site is not updated on a real-time basis. However, we always make sure to monitor shipments and deliver the parcels accordingly.

You can email us at customerservice@smartbuyglasses.ca and address the email to me. You can also send us a private message here.

Smarbuyglasses
grahamh75
August 31st, 2018
I ordered glasses and got the wrong pair sent to me a week later than promised. Had to send multiple duplicate emails with * in customer service who identified both as a manager and customer service agent in different emails. They required I ship at my cost and told me in order to get he shipping money back I would have to have a paypal account. This company is garbage. My glasses shipped from Hong Kong for some reason. Still don't have my shipping money back. Never worked so hard to fix an issue I had no part in making.

*Personal information redacted by admin
saulop
November 28th, 2013
I don't have anything to complain about this web store. Everything ran okay. The delivery was faster than I was expecting (2 days after I have paid), the sunglasses seems authentic. So, the only reason of 4 stars it is the price, I know cheaper places.
I would buy more stuff there.
matthewa9
September 4th, 2012
I have purchased a few sets of sunglasses and have always had a positive experience. Even where a replacement set was required in order to satisfy my earlier shipping needs, the customer service representatives were helpful to ensure I got my sunglasses before heading away on vacation.

Dear Christina, I apologise for the delay in your order. To be able to help you better, can you please give us your order number or contact us directly on customerservice@smartbuyglasses.ca Regards, Customer Service SmartBuyGlasses Canada

By SmartBuyGlasses M.,

Dealt with PayPal as they have a terrible track record with their customer service.They do not have a phone number.

By Cathy M.

Hi Halie, Thanks for the question. We have Transition Grey and Transition Brown available as options when purchasing lenses. If you require any further assistance in placing the order on our website, don't hesitate to contact our Service Manager at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.ca Regards, Ben

By SmartBuyGlasses M.,

Can’t see your question? Ask to get answers from the SmartBuyGlasses.ca staff and other customers.

Largest Range, Best Service, Great prices!

SmartBuyGlasses is fully dedicated to providing our Canada customers with the largest range of designer sunglasses, prescription eyewear, contact lenses, optical products and optical services at the best possible prices. Our customers can always rely on us for a vast selection of optical products from the latest eyewear trends to the classics that never go out of style. We pride ourselves in offering our customers great deals daily and guarantee an enjoyable shopping experience.

Business History

SmartBuyGlasses is part of the SmartBuyGlasses Optical Group, one of the world's leading online designer eyewear retailers with operations in the US, Canada and Italy. With cross-continent operations we are able to work closer with our global distributors ensuring that we can provide you with the most comprehensive range of eyewear at excellent prices. We are passionate about providing exceptional customer service and relish working in such a varied international setting.

SmartBuyGlasses M.
Customer service
Typically responds within 13 hours

How do I know I can trust these reviews about SmartBuyGlasses.ca?

Have a question about SmartBuyGlasses.ca?