SmartBuyGlasses.ca reviews

Vancouver, BC V6G 3B7, Canada
customerservice@smartbuyglasses.ca

roberts1775
3/28/19

I am a person with bad economy and had saved to buy a pair of Ray-Bans for 3 months.

I though SmartBuyGlasses looked good and made an order that came from Hong-Kong.

The quality is so bad and when I took the glasses to a local store they said it will hurt my eyesight if i wear them with the bad lenses.

I payed for a expensive return and they stopped answering and its been 1 month and I have 0 answers and 0 money back.

May this be as a warning for you... These people are the lowest of the low.

cathym314
3/23/19
• Updated review

SmartBuyGlasses via freshdesk.com
00:27 (14 hours ago)

to me

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting SmartBuyGlasses! This is an automated email (so please don't reply) to confirm with you that we have received your message.

Our team is working around the clock to respond as fast as possible from Monday to Sunday. To make sure that we will get back to you as soon as possible, we suggest that please avoid sending repetitive messages.

Warm regards,

The SmartBuyGlasses Team

“FAKE - BUYER BEWARE”
3/15/19
• Previous review

I just recieved my "Chloe Palma" sunglasses today after waiting 23 days (just long enough for payment to go through so you can't stop payment). I have opened a case with PayPal. These glasses were still $271. CND. I will not even deal with this company for a refund as the reviews are horrendous . The only way these people can be stopped is if you stop supporting them. Disgusting sunglasses sent with Chloe written on the lens and the frame much smaller than advertised. They should be ashamed of themselves ,selling fakes as authentic.

rjs23
3/11/19

UYER BEWARE! Do not deal with this company. My refund of almost $400 has been delayed, denied and delayed and refused repeatedly. They filled the incorrect prescription and therefore did not accept delivery of the package. Requested a refund. Also should know that their check out page does not disclose that you're signing in as a Pay Pay guest when you think you're paying by credit card. This affects your rights under your credit card. Less favourable. They also say that if you complete a DHL courier slip they will process your refund. THEY DONT. They have you do that so that they can also put in a claim to DHL to collect money from them without processing your refund. They are also protected under PAYPAL's Seller's Protections which has PAYPAL pay out a claim to them also. The worst on-line company I've ever dealt with. Smart Buy Glasses keeps reporting all negative reviews so TrustPilot takes them down. BUYER BEWARE. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS DISHONEST COMPANY.

markk423
1/30/19

Upon requesting a delivery status updated from customer service during the second week from ordering, I was informed by * from customer service that the non-prescription Maui Jims I had chosen, were out of stock. There was no "Out of Stock" notification during the check out process. I am now in my fourth week and I received an email today that reads, "There has been a delay in restocking this item. It may take 1 to 2 weeks before arriving at our distribution centre." I have never heard of shipping taking so long for any item ordered online. Good thing I ordered for myself and not as birthday gift. I wonder how long it would have taken if the glasses were prescription??? I will never recommend Smart Buy Glasses!

*Personal information redacted by admin

Response from SmartBuyGlasses M., SmartBuyGlasses.ca Representative
Dear Mark,

Thank you for your feedback.

We are sorry if you felt mislead regarding the processing of your order. We always make sure to be transparent and update customers with the status of the order real time.

We are happy to check the issue for you. Please let us know the Order Details and we will immediately follow up.

Ben
davidz116
1/11/19

I ordered a pair of prescription sunglasses which were supposed to be delivered in a couple of weeks and it took them 8 weeks. They provided me with an RMA to obtain refund, sent them back order and still waiting for my refund. It takes their customer service 4-5 days to answer emails and I discovered that the glasses are made in Hong Kong.
Buyer Beware!!!!

Response from SmartBuyGlasses M., SmartBuyGlasses.ca Representative
Dear David,

Your feedback is highly appreciated.

We regret to hear that your experience with us was not good. This is not the type of service we expect you to receive.

For Return request, we normally process the refund immediately upon receipt of the returned parcel. In order to help, please let us know your Order Details and we will immediately look into this matter.

Ben
lynnec35
10/12/18

I just purchased my first pair of glasses from Smartbuyglasses.ca and was impressed on how quickly my new pair of prescription glasses arrived. The fit and the prescription are perfect and I am very happy with my purchase. I would not hesitate to use them again.

grahamh75
8/31/18

I ordered glasses and got the wrong pair sent to me a week later than promised. Had to send multiple duplicate emails with * in customer service who identified both as a manager and customer service agent in different emails. They required I ship at my cost and told me in order to get he shipping money back I would have to have a paypal account. This company is garbage. My glasses shipped from Hong Kong for some reason. Still don't have my shipping money back. Never worked so hard to fix an issue I had no part in making.

*Personal information redacted by admin

noti17
8/18/18

I had concerns about the glasses being authentic, but think they were incredibly good knock-offs along with some real frames. My Persols were authentic, and my Raybans were such incredibly good knock-offs (the crappy polarized lenses gave them away). The prescription lenses, however, were ABSOLUTE trash. I had my optometrist test the prescriptions, and every one of my 3 glasses had axis measurements that were off. My left lens prescription has an axis measurement of 92. The glasses I received: 91, 96, and 81! Really?

They tell you that they have a lens guarantee so you can return them to get the lenses changed for no cost, but sorry if you are 0 for 3 there is an issue. The delivery time is long as it stands, but I cant be bothered having my optometrist test the lenses (btw they need this for the guarantee) and send them back several times to try and get it right. I am far more concerned about these potentially damaging my eyes so unfortunately this is a hard pass and 1 star. And to be clear, that 1 star was because their customer service for me was the only pleasant surprise (thank you Jun for all fo your help in getting all of my money back).

joshs183
8/15/18

Either they are a scam or have terrible customer service - paid for my glasses and then they sent an email saying they couldn't supply what I wanted and asked if I wanted a refund. Said yes and then they asked for my paypal. I don't have a paypal so asked if they could refund via credit card, which they said they couldn't. Set up a paypal and then sent them the paypal address, they said they would instead refund my credit card. 2 weeks and no refund - I emailed them and they said again that they could only do it via paypal. Sent them my paypal (again) and no response yet.

armandr11
6/23/18

Just make sure you know the EXACT style --model # -- size, color, etc, because returns are a hassle. Harder than expected.

terryt79
4/25/18

Absolute worst experience to hard to describe - wrong lenses three times in a row then actually sends me UNCUT LENSES...

Terrible Customer service

No chance of refund and brand name frames are copies

ricardov24
4/23/18

I ordered Polarized prescription sunglasses from them, and after speaking to a representative regarding the details, he informed me and confirmed the order of polarized prescription.. After a whole month of waiting, I inquire about the status of what is going on, for them to ask for another 84$ extra for polarization after having received CONFIRMATION from their service representative a month prior regarding the issue. Horrible follow through, their words don't mean anything, just because they say your order is going through does not mean it is. Will no longer do business with them.

georgez23
4/17/18

Bought glasses from these jokers for my son last spring; were supposed to be scratch-resistant. They weren't. After a few months, I requested a warranty exchange; they said I needed to send the old pair back first. I told them that that won't work, he only has that pair that now matches his prescription. After trading more emails, they agreed to send a new pair and upon reception of this new pair, I would send back the defective pair. NOW, several months later (try half a year), they STILL have yet to send me anything. Item is back-ordered, out-of-stock, etc. They kept asking me to choose a different pair, after which they would quickly tell me that that model was ALSO not in stock. I've had it with them. Crap customer service, ridiculous warranty conditions. Shop around, go to Costco or Lens Crafters.

Tip for consumers: Go to Costco or Lens Crafters

jb379
4/9/18

Don't get excited by the low advertised prices- You will be very disappointed when you receive your glasses. They sell FAKES from CHINA. DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!

pauls526
2/28/18

I bought a Tom Ford glasses. It was shipped from Hong Kong. SmartBuyGlasses own many domains in many countries.
I compared it with my previous Tom Ford same model, similar, but I know it is a fake due to lower quality. Even the warranty card was not properly cut and the words were slanted. There is no way Tom Ford did such a lousy job. I complained to them, they insisted it's genuine despite crooked card and obvious lower quality frame. They asked me to ship back with my own money to China with tedious ways to ship back. I never bother. I read many reviews, they never get back anything after that shipped back or they were wasting their time in frustration because of very slow responses.

kalam6
2/26/18

I never write reviews but I just have to put my support out there for this company. I bought a $30 pair of glasses and they were exactly what I pictured them to be. I had a minor problem with the lenses but they exchanged them and paid my shipping, no fuss! Jennifer in customer service was an absolute dream to work with! You never come across that kind of customer service anymore!

ahmeda194
1/30/18

I ordered an Armani frame from that website. Upon receiving it, I found that it is a low quality frame (Grade B) which has clear defects. ironically, they charged me 200$ for it. Bunch of thieves and cheaters.

taheem
1/21/18

WARNING: Smartbuyglasses will take your money without placing/fulfilling an order and then not give you your money back. The company stole $561 from me and I have had no success in reaching a customer service agent to get my money back after 2 weeks. I share my story as a warning to others:

Two weeks ago I attempted placing an order for a pair of glasses in the amount of $140.35 CDN. I received no confirmation for the order or any indication that it had been processed under the smartbuyglasses account I set-up for myself, i.e. nothing under "recent orders". I logged out of and back into my account to see the item I was trying to purchase still in my "shopping cart", indicating that the order had not gone through. As such, I attempted placing the order again with the same outcome - no success. Again, no confirmation email or recent order under my smartbuyglasses account were received.

Immediately after this, I checked my online visa account to see that 4 separate transactions were pending on my visa in the amount of $140.35 from Smartbuyglasses, meaning that there was a total charge of $561.40 on my visa account (i.e. 4 times the amount for the pair of glasses I was attempting to order). I contacted visa and they indicated that the company would likely not post these charges, given that an order had not been processed by the company. Visa advised that I contact Smartbuyglasses to be safe. I immediately e-mailed Smartbuyglasses (no number is available) to ask for confirmation that I would not be charged, given that no order was processed on their end. I did not hear anything until 7 days later. The e-mail is below. What is important to notes is that the customer service agent confirmed that no order went through (they had nothing on file under my account). The agent asked I provide my visa statement. For security reasons I am not prepared to disclose my visa details via e-mail, especially to a non-reputable company like Smartbuyglasses. I did provide an image of the 4 transactions, showing the charges. As such, I asked that someone contact me via phone or that a number be provided to me so that I may speak to a customer service agent and have this rectified. I have had zero response since asking for a phone number.

Last week, I checked my visa account and saw that the company posted the 4 separate charges on my visa account, meaning that I have now been charged $561.40. Not only did the order not go through, but I was charged 4 times the amount for the pair of glasses I attempted to order. Again, no order was placed on their end (see e-mail below)! It has been two weeks and 20 plus e-mails later and the company has still not reached out to me to give me back the money which the stole from me.

If anyone else has incurred a similar experience, I encourage you to share your experience with others. I am now seeing, through reading reviews of this company, how unreliable and fraudulent the company is. I want the money that the company has stolen from me back and they are reluctant to even contact me. I have reported this to the Better Business Bureau and opened up a dispute case with visa for assistance. I still don't have a phone number for this company to call. I will be sharing this story via other platforms as a warning to others.

E-mail from customer service below. I have not heard from this agent since replying to the e-mail the day of and requesting a phone call or a number to call. 2 weeks and counting.

"Hi,

Thank you for contacting us. My name is Jem and I will personally be handling your email query.

I'm sorry to hear that you were having issues when you processed your order and have not received any confirmation. Yet on your visa online statement you were charge 4 times. This does not usually happen and is not the type of experience I would like you to receive from us.

We failed to locate your order using your email address and full name. However we kindly ask you to provide us a copy of your bank statement showing the charges and your credit card number so we can locate your order.

Please do not hesitate to contact us in the future with any questions, comments or concerns that you may have.

Best Regards,

Jeramie N. Carlos
Customer Service
SmartBuyGlasses"

lucyy8
12/30/17

Horrible company!!!! Do not trust this company with your money!!!!! The company charged me in US dollars when i ordered through the Canadian site. When I returned the order, as I was dissatisfied with the customer service, I was refunded below the amount that I initially paid due to the exchange.

katep54
11/22/17

These glasses are knock offs. I had never heard of the company, but the site looked legit, so I bought a pair of Ray Ban's from Smartbuyglasses. Everything throughout the purchase and delivery went smoothly. On arrival, I inspected the glasses and found a number of differences between them and my last pair of authentic Ray Ban's. There is actually a list online that you can Google on how to tell if Ray Ban's (and I'm sure any glasses) are fake or not. Based on the list, and my own personal knowledge of Ray Ban's, these are fake, and here is a list of how I know:
1. The overall weight of the glasses - these ones were extremely light.
2. The lenses were plastic - Ray Ban lenses are (almost) always glass. I owned the exact pair before and the lenses were indeed glass.
3. There is no metal bar running the length of the side arms of the glasses - Ray Ban's have this
4. The "Ray Ban" logo on the side arms is raised. Authentic Ray Ban's have a logo that is flush with the rest of the arm.
5. There is no RB etching on the lens. Authentic Ray Ban's have this etching to help confirm authenticity.
So needless to say, I returned the glasses and received a full refund within a week. Everything about this whole transaction was great, I'm just not into paying top dollar for knock off's.

almoa1
8/8/17

I had ordered for prescription sun glasses (Sinner Fury SISU-635) online from https://www.smartbuyglassess.ca. At the time of booking, there was no note on the website that said that the sunglasses being ordered are out of stock or discontinued from production by the manufacturer. A few days after the order was placed, I got an email stating that the sunglasses were out of stock and I'll have to wait for 1 to 4 weeks to get the sun glasses. A few days after this, I got another email stating that the sunglasses have been discontinued from production by the manufacturer. I finally decided to cancel my order after which I was told that I would get the refund credited with 7 working days. After 7 working days, I contacted them only to realize that the accounting department had made a mistake in the refund and that a fresh refund order had been generated. Not only did I did not get the desired product but I had to exchange several emails back and forth to get my refund without any compensation offered for all the lies told to me and delay in getting refund. Few questions that were left unanswered:
1. If the product is out of stock / discontinued from production why is the website inventory not updated to avoid misleading the customers?
2. Why is the accounting department so casual and careless about the customer service?
3. Why was no compensation given to me on account of points 2 and 2 above?

Tip for consumers: Avoid

anacletoc
7/20/17

Last week I ordered 2 pairs of sun glasses from this website. After I placed the order I went on the internet checking if this company had bad reviews. This is how I got here! After reading all the bad reviews I decided to cancel my orders, I also contacted the manufacturer who produces the sun glasses I ordered asking if this company was an authorised seller of their products, the answer was "NO". So I kind of started panicking a bit. After 2 days they refunded my money. I ordered via PayPal. So I am not sure if the company sells original products but I can confirm that my money was returned on the spot.

davej79
6/4/17

Elaborate fraudulent website that goes to a long way to appear legit. They create lots of fake 5 star reviews. Basically you receive counterfit goods shipped from China after a long wait and returns have to be sent to China at your own cost and then you never receive your money back.

pablor18
6/3/17

This company is a big scam, they charge me $238 dollars without my consent after I reported them the money was then giving back to me. They are not approved by the better business bureau is a big scam company located in Russia. They are laughing at us, don't ever buy nothing from them.

ihtshamm
5/9/17

Same story like all others. I order Contact lenses a month ago ( 05-04-2017) and I am still waiting. On product page the deliver time is 3 to 5 days.

Dear Christina, I apologise for the delay in your order. To be able to help you better, can you please give us your order number or contact us directly on customerservice@smartbuyglasses.ca Regards, Customer Service SmartBuyGlasses Canada

By SmartBuyGlasses M., SmartBuyGlasses.ca Representative

Dealt with PayPal as they have a terrible track record with their customer service.They do not have a phone number.

By Cathy M.

Hi Halie, Thanks for the question. We have Transition Grey and Transition Brown available as options when purchasing lenses. If you require any further assistance in placing the order on our website, don't hesitate to contact our Service Manager at servicemanager@smartbuyglasses.ca Regards, Ben

By SmartBuyGlasses M., SmartBuyGlasses.ca Representative

Questions? Get answers from the SmartBuyGlasses.ca staff and other customers.

6 Photos for SmartBuyGlasses.ca