US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

louiseh45
2/15/17

I wish the boxes were inside, but it's convenient to use them. They usually have the movies I want to see and normally are in good shape.

edm501
2/9/17

I went on line and reserved a movie.
I went directly to the Redbox and it was out of service. No big deal that happens.
I called Redbox to make sure I was not going to be charged for a movie I could not retrieve.
I was told my only option was to get a voucher code for the future rent of a movie.

BAIT and SWITCH. Pay for a movie and get a voucher code.

I like Redbox and will continue checking out movies but I will never reserve a movie again. Horrible customer service. Pray you never need to deal with them on the phone.

steveb238
12/15/16

was charged 73 dollars for a game I know I choose to buy for 28.10 at the box the game brand news is only 40 horrible customer services wont be using them any more parents beware

omaru3
12/13/16

Pricing is a little bit over but otherwise RedBox is okay. Though I'd suggest using alternatives.

heathera43
10/11/16

I was charged for a blue ray disc, when I rented a dvd. I instant chat with John from customer services. I told him that my xbox one would not play a dvd, but only a blue ray. He talked to me like I was stupid. I even told him what it said on the xbox one when I put the movie in. He still tried to make me feel like I was stupid and I didn't know what I was talking about. I am no longer using Redbox anymore. Before I could write him back, John disconnected our conversion. Bye Bye Redbox, no more business from me or my family and friends.

laurier24
10/11/16

RedBox is the place to get new releases for the whole family at a low piece, it's one of the best inventions so far that have been made. The price is reasonably.

stephanies159
9/8/16

U have to use your debit or credit card then you only get 1 night or they charge ur card so you have to back to a box the next day

stephanyt
8/20/16

It is cheap, it is easy. What could be better?

duanes24
8/15/16

The one thing I dislike is the RE-RELEASE idea. Would be great if when reserving or selecting videos at kiosk client would get alert on any previously rented items.

adelitav
8/7/16

Not a great selection of movies, but super convenient. The prices are fair, but who watches DVDs?

abbyc8
6/8/16

I love it is AMAZING don't get me wrong, but the only catch is you MUST have a credit card of some type and enter all of your private information out where anyone can see it, I think the should have a little "keyboard" like atms do for typing, that would make it quicker and easier to get a movie. and people wouldn't be waiting in line as long

jackp57
5/31/16

first they told me I would get 3 credits for movies. I was able to use only 1 of them. the others disappeared. The last 5 movies I watched from RedBox have not played all the way through without freezing, having to stop and restart etc.
not worth the trouble of finding a movie, holding, getting to not be able to watch is a joke.
contacting redbox would only help if redbox cared.
lack of customer service to me equals I will no longer be a customer of redbox.

lilym24
5/7/16

Good movies, good rental price

michaeld197
4/30/16

They are not too bad if you just rent a movie from the actual box for one night, but don't create an account online and don't utilize any "free" movie codes. If you take my advice you will save yourself from a lot of head aches having to deal with their horrible customer service and company policies. For example, things like being charged twice for a "free" movie when you shouldn't have been charged at all are the types of things that happen. They say the money goes back on in a week, but I can't find them on my bank account statement. $1.61 is not a lot of money but it adds up and it's the principle of the matter. If there was a half decent "box" competitor this company would get crushed.

kordaik
4/21/16

you killed blockbuster with a box

michaelj152
3/11/16

Wish you didn't always have to go inside a store to grab your bluray

donaldq3
2/22/16

Called tech support in India and even chatted with them online. I can't get my credit card added to my account because the old ones expired. I deleted the old cards and tried to add a new card and it would not work. I contacted tech support and they kept asking for the last four of my credit card on file. We went round and round on this and then they said that the site was undergoing maintenance. The condition I experienced was over a couple days. It never got resolved so I guess I don't use Redbox anymore because I have no credit card on file. I guess I have to wait for all future movies to come out on Netflix. Too bad, I really liked Redbox. I guess cheap customer service is preferable to keeping customers.

katies28
2/21/16

I've used Redbox many times, and I've watched lots of good movies from it. I wish that they had a better selection of older movies, but I can understand the demand for new titles. It doesn't cost too much and sometimes there are coupons, so I'd say it's definitely worth using. I haven't had much trouble with dvds being scratched or damaged. I don't think Redbox is as good as Blockbuster, but since there are no Blockbuster's around anymore, Redbox works well enough.

brednac
1/1/16

Red box is a great place to get movies you have missed at the theater.I love it because I do not have to stand in line to get a movie I want to see Brenda Carlton

taylorp20
12/29/15

Yes, Redbox is a cheap way to rent movies, but there isn't always a good selection. I always visit the redbox when I see one but always get disappointed because I couldn't find one movie I wanted to rent after going through all the pages. Sometimes I will find one or two, but most of the time I can't. But that's just me. For the most part, it's fun and easy.

danteu
12/19/15

This is by far the best video rental source I have ever dealt with. Always a special promo code or a give away to make your movie entertainment pleasurable.

karenam1
11/6/15

My family and I use Redbox monthly. Since movie stores are obsolete this is a convenient way to watch new movies when they come out on disc. The majority of the time Redbox has the movies before they're on Cable Satellite or Netflix. The ONLY complaint that I have, and it really is out if their control, is 3/10 times the movies we REALLY want to see are out of stock. I just got to get there quicker ;-)

lloydb28
11/6/15

I 'joined' Red Box last night, by 'creating an account;' when I tried to locate a kiosk near my home, the site kept coming up with a location further than the one THAT I KNOW HAS A KIOSK--a Stop and Shop store three miles form my home; I made the mistake of calling 'customer service,' a misnomer if I ever heard one; The 'rep' insisted that; 1, my email was wrong, an account I've had since 1989; 2. my credit card 'last four' was wrong(according to him), and 3. when I asked to speak to a supervisor, HE HUNG UP! Of note, their customer service is based in the PHILIPPINES, and English is a second language to them; I have called my credit card company, and put a block on any charges or other fees on my FORMER ACCOUNT. A word to the wise--use NETFLIX, or another USA-based company!!!!!!

malorim
10/30/15

So I have really no issue when I go randomly to a redbox to rent a movie, but it seems like EVERY TIME I try to reserve them online there is some error and I can't reserve them. It's extremely annoying that they offer this service, but when I try to utilize it I can never actually get it to work. And their website is NO help in figuring out how to get the transaction to go through. So sick of redbox. It may take longer, but I may just stick to getting the movies I want to watch through my library. I may have to wait for the movie if it's newer, but at least I know I will get it AND IT'S FREE!!!! Or, luckily for me, there is still a video store inside the grocery store in my town. May be more expensive than redbox, but again still more convenient than redbox is (at least for me).

amberh21
10/12/15

The Redbox unit in my town was out of order, I could not return my disc until it was fixed the next day. They still charged me for the extra day. This is the second time this happened. They don't have an email contact to resolve this. Will not rent from Redbox again.