Review of RedBox

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

derekr32
5/14/17

Accidentally returned the case without the movie in it. Realized the mistake and called customer service to find out how to return the movie properly. Mind you the have the case in the machine that I paid a maintenance fee on in with rental. They told me the only thing I can do is buy another case for $1.50 and return it in that case. This is theft and extortion, you pay for the case you already rented or you buy the movie. I am beyond furious.

sarahc240
4/20/17

Apparently redbox charges late fees now?! Before they would just charge whatever amount the DVD was every day you had it. Defeats the whole point. Bull$#*! never using it again. Complete waste of money

traceyh35
4/3/17

Now that there are no brick-and-mortar movie rental places in my town, Redbox is the only option to rent DVDs. I like the per-day charge, the ease of rental and return, and the fact that I can easily locate the movie I want and reserve it at nearby Redbox.
The only thing I would change is the variety of movies. New-releases are great, but I would live to see some options for older movies or television series.

karenr157
3/30/17

When you go to a kiosk to rent a movie it doesn't tell you anything about time limits or anything to do with that. If you go on their website it gives the information, but that doesn't help much when you don't see a need to visit the site. They added the full charge to my account for a movie rental without any sort of warning about it or reminder. I feel like there should be something additional than a confirmation e-mail - maybe some sort of reminder that your rental is about to expire and you have to keep the movie. It's not like the disc is in great condition and I could've bought the damn think for less through Amazon. Thank you Redbox for giving me a reason to going back to a better company and not wasting another penny on your worthless company.

charlenet7
3/28/17

idk how I manage to return dvd boxes without the dvd inside lol only me, but for whatever I need every time I call I have wonderful service with red box, plus they have given me free dvds even when it is my mistake great company great attitude

noemir1
3/16/17

well until today i had nothing bad to say about RedBox but to me is very important to show sympathy when needed. I had a deaf in the family and forgot to return a movie I explain to them my situation and the best they can offer me was $15 i had to bring up to $25 but i really believe they should of given me a break. You know they like to send a lot of thing to your email why can they also let you know that you "still have the Movie" since i think a lot of people can forget to return for a for couple of days and if you had a reminder it would help i know it would of help me because i could have call my son and have him return the movie but no they don't want to send you reminder because then you would have to pay more and that's the business they in making more money of customers. I get email saying thank you for this and that.I hope you enjoyed the movie Why Not A Reminder On Returning the Movie???? Won't be using you again

leez9
2/25/17

Worst movie ever. Do not get deceived by the cover picture. I believe I could have made a better movie using my phone. Was a complete waste of 2 hours. Not much of a plot, hard to follow, only a few lines spoken in the entire film, and ended with no ending..Absolutely a terrible film. I'm so ticked I paid to rent this film!!!! Sucker punched by this film.

The robots are from the fifties, the story line is from the thirties', and what little dialogue there is, is awful terrible. To boot, its an English film of the worst kind.

BTW, there are some really, really good English Films out there... Robot World isn't one of them!

Where's the ZERO star rating

want my money back.......

teresaa26
2/24/17

told we would get a full refund, but never got it but they charged us 2 times for the amount of $41.73 each time, contact back and they said they never said that but give us codes to use, never got them, they only will refund us 22.47 which leaves them owing $60.99. Its not our fault the discs didnt work and we called and reported it right away. Never doing business again. I will go else where for our rentals from now on.

louiseh45
2/15/17

I wish the boxes were inside, but it's convenient to use them. They usually have the movies I want to see and normally are in good shape.

edm501
2/9/17

I went on line and reserved a movie.
I went directly to the Redbox and it was out of service. No big deal that happens.
I called Redbox to make sure I was not going to be charged for a movie I could not retrieve.
I was told my only option was to get a voucher code for the future rent of a movie.

BAIT and SWITCH. Pay for a movie and get a voucher code.

I like Redbox and will continue checking out movies but I will never reserve a movie again. Horrible customer service. Pray you never need to deal with them on the phone.

steveb238
12/15/16

was charged 73 dollars for a game I know I choose to buy for 28.10 at the box the game brand news is only 40 horrible customer services wont be using them any more parents beware

omaru3
12/13/16

Pricing is a little bit over but otherwise RedBox is okay. Though I'd suggest using alternatives.

heathera43
10/11/16

I was charged for a blue ray disc, when I rented a dvd. I instant chat with John from customer services. I told him that my xbox one would not play a dvd, but only a blue ray. He talked to me like I was stupid. I even told him what it said on the xbox one when I put the movie in. He still tried to make me feel like I was stupid and I didn't know what I was talking about. I am no longer using Redbox anymore. Before I could write him back, John disconnected our conversion. Bye Bye Redbox, no more business from me or my family and friends.

laurier24
10/11/16

RedBox is the place to get new releases for the whole family at a low piece, it's one of the best inventions so far that have been made. The price is reasonably.

stephanies159
9/8/16

U have to use your debit or credit card then you only get 1 night or they charge ur card so you have to back to a box the next day

stephanyt
8/20/16

It is cheap, it is easy. What could be better?

duanes24
8/15/16

The one thing I dislike is the RE-RELEASE idea. Would be great if when reserving or selecting videos at kiosk client would get alert on any previously rented items.

adelitav
8/7/16

Not a great selection of movies, but super convenient. The prices are fair, but who watches DVDs?

abbyc8
6/8/16

I love it is AMAZING don't get me wrong, but the only catch is you MUST have a credit card of some type and enter all of your private information out where anyone can see it, I think the should have a little "keyboard" like atms do for typing, that would make it quicker and easier to get a movie. and people wouldn't be waiting in line as long

jackp57
5/31/16

first they told me I would get 3 credits for movies. I was able to use only 1 of them. the others disappeared. The last 5 movies I watched from RedBox have not played all the way through without freezing, having to stop and restart etc.
not worth the trouble of finding a movie, holding, getting to not be able to watch is a joke.
contacting redbox would only help if redbox cared.
lack of customer service to me equals I will no longer be a customer of redbox.

lilym24
5/7/16

Good movies, good rental price

michaeld197
4/30/16

They are not too bad if you just rent a movie from the actual box for one night, but don't create an account online and don't utilize any "free" movie codes. If you take my advice you will save yourself from a lot of head aches having to deal with their horrible customer service and company policies. For example, things like being charged twice for a "free" movie when you shouldn't have been charged at all are the types of things that happen. They say the money goes back on in a week, but I can't find them on my bank account statement. $1.61 is not a lot of money but it adds up and it's the principle of the matter. If there was a half decent "box" competitor this company would get crushed.

kordaik
4/21/16

you killed blockbuster with a box

michaelj152
3/11/16

Wish you didn't always have to go inside a store to grab your bluray

donaldq3
2/22/16

Called tech support in India and even chatted with them online. I can't get my credit card added to my account because the old ones expired. I deleted the old cards and tried to add a new card and it would not work. I contacted tech support and they kept asking for the last four of my credit card on file. We went round and round on this and then they said that the site was undergoing maintenance. The condition I experienced was over a couple days. It never got resolved so I guess I don't use Redbox anymore because I have no credit card on file. I guess I have to wait for all future movies to come out on Netflix. Too bad, I really liked Redbox. I guess cheap customer service is preferable to keeping customers.