Review of iMemories

Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
info@imemories.com

hongmeil
6/10/17

I sent 2 DVD to them, and only got 1 converted into digital. I was told the other one was all copyrighted material. I ask them to recheck more carefully, they did and found some personal footage, but still didn't get what I was looking for. Since I was sure it's in there, so I asked they to recheck again, but was told that my DVDs had been sent back, if I what them to recheck, I'll have to resend them again after I receive them, which means I'll have to pay another $9.99 for shipping. So irresponsible! Over $40 waisted, no to mention the unpleasantness dealing with these guys.

davidh511
5/25/17

This company continues to send unsolicited commercial emails despite repeated requests to stop. I'm not their customer. I never heard of them until the deluge of trash emails started.

kellym190
2/20/17

After calling iMemories to tell them about the tapes I wanted converted and after scouring their website about the process and completing the form, I mailed 10 VHS videos to iMemories. Only weeks later do I learn (by me having to call them, by the way -- they apparently weren't going to tell me this) that they don't convert copyrighted material. These are personal memories, I'll add -- videos of commercials I was in that were given to me by the productions, in each case. Anyway, so iMemories could only do 1 out of 10 of the videos I'd shipped to them and was never planning to inform me of this. They were just going to ship the VHS tapes back to me. I have to pay for shipping both ways. REALLY wish they would advertise this on their website AND/OR make this clear when you're submitting your materials. What a waste.

jeanm96
12/27/16

They sold me a "free" online 30 day trial to view my videos............................I am DISGUSTED and I will NEVER EVER recommend iMemories to anyone.... I will give them a bad review on and off social media forever...................

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

theresem7
9/14/16

My first review is listed below but I have a happy ending to my story. My tape was lost by UPS but found by them because of the persistence of Sara at Imemories. She went above and beyond the call of duty and found by tapes at UPS ! They are being processed now and I couldn't be happier. It's nice to see a company care about their customer. Imemories have proven me wrong and I will absolutely use them again making sure I secure my box completly. Teri

---------------------
This is one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I sent seven tapes to imemories but they only say they received three. All of my daughters baby memories are gone forever.
The tapes were lost either at imemories or by ups. I will never know and I can never replace them. If you use this site make sure you take a picture of what you send and securely tape your box!! They send a box that closes nicely so you don't think to tape it securely. You don't think that someone will steal old tapes but they do. Don't let your old tapes out of your sight and don't send them across the country to a corporation that only cares about covering their backs. They also have a ton of hidden costs and it took forever to get my tapes back. It was a month before I knew they where even missing. I saved these for 25 years just to have them taken from me. Don't do it.

janetp46
9/9/16

NOWHERE in this company's promotional materials or website does it state that they cannot do copyrighted movies. I specifically looked carefully for this, and if someone as smart as I am could not find this disclaimer, many other people will be sucked in as well. When they told me they could only do 9 of the 25 videotapes I had sent in, I just told them to send them back. Disgraceful.

janines7
5/2/16

After having a bad experience with another video converting company I decided to do some more research on other video converting companies as I was determined to convert all 44 (including my wedding video) so we all could once again watch our home movies. I came across iMemories. I made a few phone calls which someone picked up right away and answered all my questions. I ordered a safe ship box (as they were having a sale) and waited for it to arrive (took about 8 days to arrive). I initially was only going to send about 10 vhs-c tapes to give iMemories a try. When the box arrived - it was huge and felt if I didn't place all my tapes in the box it would have been a waste. The box came with lots of bubble paper, Ziploc baggies and a card to write your information and the number of tapes you were sending in the box. So I placed all my tapes in box, (I did take pictures of all my tapes before I sent them, just because it's precious cargo) and off to the ups store I went. Within a few days they notified me that they received my tapes. I then received an email detailing all 44 tapes they had received and payment was due before they would begin to digitalize my tapes. I received a discount coupon for 20% in the safe ship box (which was really great) off of my total. I paid and waited for the next email that would notify me that my tapes were digitalized. Eight days later, all my vhs-c tapes and my wedding tape was digitalized. Amazing! iMemories did a fabulous job - my husband and I cannot stop looking at the videos and cannot believe how long it took us to finally decide and so glad we decided on iMemories! We highly recommend iMemories. We are currently awaiting the return of all 44 of our tapes - which they hold on to for 2 weeks in case we find anything incorrect that happened during the digitalization process. For the return of your tapes you can request signature, this way they won't be left outside your home/porch.

davidl22
3/30/11

iMemories is run by an unethical idiot. He stole from investors at his last company (Knowledgenet). And he is in the process of adding investors at iMemories to steal from them too. Mark Rukavina is an unethical businessman. He knows how to build up a company with "virtual" cred, sell it to investors, but then the investors will find out the company is worthless.

This may help- I received this email from Imemories in response to the question- would I be able to view all my slides online before deciding which ones I want since I have hundreds and hundreds and hundreds of slides and would only want to use the best. This is all the stuff they don't tell you on their site! I get where there is time and money involved with digitalizing everything for the customer but they should tell you upfront that if you fill up that box with all your memories before going through each and every one of them with a viewer and only put in the best you are talking about a lot of money for slides you may not want converted!!! "My apologies that you did not receive a response. In order to make your media available to view, we must process and digitize it. For this there is a charge of $12.99 per tape, per 50 feet of film or $0.49 per image. We do have the option to customize your media before it is put on DVD. This is the "Preview Online" option. Preview Online Option: With this option you purchase only the "digital conversion" portion of your order ($12.99 per tape or $12.99 per 50 feet of film, plus return shipping). Preview Online comes with a 30-days of free online access. Available options once your footage is online: 1. You can download full resolution .mp4 video files of your home movies (no additional charge). - You can edit your footage with the online tools, then download a copy of the edited version. 2. You can organize and edit your footage to create and order custom DVDs. One big advantage of this option is that you can consolidate your home movies onto fewer DVDs or pick and choose only the parts of your home movies that you want onto DVDs. - DVDs are $9.99 each (plus shipping) and hold up to 2 hours of content. - Blu-ray discs are $14.99 each (plus shipping) and hold up to 4 hours. **If your media is standard definition it will not be HD if ordered to a Blu-ray disc. Blu-ray disc will only play in Blu-ray players. 3. Keep your iMemories account with our iMemories Cloud subscription for $5.99/mo or $49.99/year. **Includes unlimited access to your home movies through the website and mobile apps (Android and Apple devices supported), and unlimited storage of your videos on the iMemories cloud. You can even upload your digital videos and photos onto your iMemories account, storage space is unlimited."

By Donna K.

They won't but Immure Records will. Just google them. They are awesome.

By Joe F.

No the shipping is included in the price. They hold onto them for a few weeks before shipping them back, just in case there was any problem when they digitize them.

By cheri s.
Questions? Get answers from the iMemories staff and other customers.

iMemories?