Review of ScanCafe

Tel: +1-866-234-3909
affiliates@scancafe.com

raymondj34
8/27/18

I have had thousands of slides and prints scanned by Scancafe. I am very happy with the results. The price is reasonable and quality good. The process takes about a month but results are worth it.

kermitj6
8/11/18

I no longer had a 35 mm projector that worked, nor did I want to get another at the Goodwill store. And I did want to get rid of my slide trays.
ScanCafe sounded like a reasonable alternative - put them on discs. To be sure, I sent in a small order (about 150) - they came back great. I grabbed the rest (about 500) put them into plastic bags and sent them all to ScanCafe. (The trays I generously donated to Goodwill [what do they do with them?])
Loved the result. Sorted them into catagories and deleted some when I got them all back. I am now consolidated and can see them on the big TV screen when I want.

omars59
8/7/18

Have used ScanCafe a number of times to digitize old pics and negatives. Each time, the work as been well done, timely and at a reasonable price. Perhaps most importantly, I've never had an issue with anything getting lost or damaged.

patrickk60
3/14/17

First batch had hair and dirt on my slides scans. I tried them again this time the Pro Service they promised me for 4,000 TIFF Scans came back in 79 DPI Takes forever they send to INDIA chance of losing your slides and they get dirt on your slides mine even had Hair strands on them Use them at your own risk Cheap is just that CHEAP and poor poor Quality Put them out of business.!!! Patrick

Response from ScanCafe S., ScanCafe Representative
Hi Patrick,

My name is Alan and I handle customer experience at ScanCafe. I'm sorry about the way your order was handled. This is unusual and I cannot comment anything until I investigate about this.

Please let me know your order number or registered email address.

Look forward to your response.

Best Regards,
Alan
johng227
8/26/15

I placed an order for almost $1,000 for ScanCafe to process 35 mm slides for me into jpg files. Overall, the processing of individual slides was generally fine, but satisfaction ended there.
1. jpgs from individual trips, some decades ago, were no longer in the same chronological order even though they had been carefully bundled when mailed to Scan.
2. All the jpg files later disappeared from all four discs! When I called ScanCafe, I was just told that your order is over 60 days old and there is nothing we can do. The customer rep was well trained in how not to be helpful at all.
3. Slides that had been orderly in inconvenient slide trays are now a mess. It is difficult to describe my sense of loss caused by this indifferent company. Use someone else.

Since I posted my comments, a senior person from ScanCafe contacted me. They have since corrected the problems they could.

deborahp21
7/12/15

I used their flat-fee value box to have them scan about 500 images. I packed the box with a combination of 35mm photos, slides, and negatives. They returned really high-resolution images on DVDs and also made them available on a website that I could share on Facebook. I liked it so much, I ordered another value kit. I will say that the wait (over a month) was rather scary (sending the pics off for so long), but they did state up front that it would take that long. I had to call customer service on one order (files missing from DVD, possibly due to my own instructions, which might have been misunderstood). I got a polite, courteous, professional CS worker--she sent me out a new, complete DVD immediately. I would use again and would definitely recommend.

shirleya10
9/19/14

This website offers great services - scanning negatives, slides, home movies, scrapbooks, etc. into a digital format. You can order prints or DVDs. I was nervous about sending away priceless photos, but I researched online before choosing them and I'm so glad I did! The service is a little slow (only because they send most things out of the USA for processing) but they tell you this up front on the web site. They email you regularly to let you know the status of your order (or you can check on the website).I placed 2 orders with them last fall and was thrilled with the results! I gave my whole family DVD's of pics they hadn't seen in 50+ years since they were on old slides - they loved it!
They also offer restoration/repairs of old photos but I haven't used them for this yet, but I won't hesitate to in the future. 5 stars for scancafe.com!

chuckg2
9/11/11

I purchased a gift box from scancafe.com and loaded it up with some precious wedding negatives and other irreplaceable negatives. The process was super-easy and we were really happy with the scans (and negatives) that we got back. The only reason I don't give them 5 stars is because of the time it takes. Seemed to take well over a month to get anything back from them. I assume they send the scan jobs overseas someplace where that labor-intensive work is farmed out, but I don't know. What I do know, is that it takes a really long time for the turnaround.

Questions? Get answers from the ScanCafe staff and other customers.

ScanCafe?