Review of PeggyBank

PeggyBank reviews

Tel: +1-877-580-2077

kathleenk46
2/17/17

I sent in every family video we owned to Peggy Bank about 3 years ago. I also paid another $150 to "upgrade" the order. I am most concerned about getting my videos back. I now am unable to find out how to do so. Those are memories that cannot be replaced, and I am heartbroken that I cannot figure out how to get them back. Does anyone have this same problem?

arielw8
6/10/16

Bought a Groupon. Time went by. I contacted them and they said there would be delays. Then the purchase by another company. It's been 2 years! I don't even care about the money I lost now. Never received my irreplaceable VHS tapes of my deceased father back! Does anyone know how to get their items back?

ruthanns3
5/9/16

I paid $189 for services. This is the customer service response you will receive from this completely bogus company.
"Hello Ann,
I am very sorry that you are having issues viewing or downloading your files from your PeggyVault. We recently learned that the data farm who was housing all of the vault files recently had server issues and is not able to recover them. This means that the vaults will no longer be active.
As you may already know, we just took over PeggyBank processing late last year and unfortunately, this was a system that the old PeggyBank ownership relied a lot on and we have absolutely no control over it at this point. Again, I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions you may have.
Best Regards,
Charlie Cochrane
Customer Service Specialist
PeggyBank
info@peggybank.com"

malindat
3/15/16

I received a groupon for my birthday and still spent extra for the box to ship the tapes to Peggy Bank not to mention another 50$+ for a flash drive that should have been included. Charlie Cochrane from Peggy Bank and I had many emails back and forth and he assured me that my product would be coming. I thankfully received my tapes back but with no flash drive that I paid for. All communication with Charlie now has ceased. So disappointed!

robynw11
1/8/16

Wish I could rate 0. Used groupon then an additional $150. Then another $9.99 . Have received NOTHING!!!.Is there any way or place to get help? Is there any repritable company thatdoes video ttransfer?

estig
1/4/16

I SEnt all my video tapes and memories of my kids to them and I have no way of getting it back. They do not answer emails.
Does anyone have any way to contact them??

jimm982
12/7/15

UPDATED 1/27/16: If you had a bad experience with PeggyBank, please contact me as I have contacted a law firm and they are reviewing the case. They would love to hear about your experiences! Email me islandguy77@gmail.com for details.

If someone hears about a lawsuit or gets one started, please count me in! The worst was that in ~August they said they were almost done and just needed $9.99 for the jump drive. So eventually I caved and paid the extra $10. Now, when I finally get all of my stuff back nothing was processed and no jump drive. Just adds insult to injury. Someone please start a class action lawsuit....I'm out about $600 now!

debrab43
11/4/15

I had the same problem as all of you. I was also wondering if there is going to be a class action law suit. They claimed they were returning my photos at their cost but I had paid extra to have them returned in the first place!!

laurelv
10/12/15

I received my slides and videos back yesterday. They were never digitalized. I payed Peggybank $130.00 in addition to the groupon voucher. Does anyone know how I can get my money back? Or how I can join a class action lawsuit against them???

brads43
10/7/15

I too bought groupon in April 2014, same story, company was bought by another, then they are overwhelmed by the groupon orders, promised finished date that kept getting delay further back. Now Oct 2015 finally get a package back only to find my tapes returned and no work done. Supposedly a different company will honor the groupon, Hmmmn. I'll call to see what they say. I
I ALSO PAID THEM EXTRA MONEY TO DO THE WORK, THEY SHOULD REFUND MY ADDITIONAL MONEY!!!! I AM GONNA CONTACT CAPITAL ONE TO SEE IF I CAN GET MY MONEY BACK
CLASS ACTION SUIT ANYONE ??

judyd14
9/18/15

I also used a groupon 13 months ago to have old movies converted to DVDs. I received a notice 2 wks ago that said my order was finished and I could go to an underlined site on that wmoail to see the finished product- LO and behold, there is an error and I can't get to my "vault". Today I received all my movies back but still can't get into my "vault". Guess there are lots of us in the same boat (and sinking.)

tomp71
9/6/15

Placed an order purchased through Groupon in April. Still waiting for my DVD. Lots of excuses, no product. Will never us them again

Tip for consumers: Don't use them!

tamaraw11
7/22/15

I wish I had seen these reviews as opposed to what I saw on Groupon. I am getting the same run-around others mention, except in my case, my youngest daughter passed away two weeks after having sent them the family videos. You can't imagine the distress the possible poss of those videos is causing.

ninettep
7/10/15

I bought a Groupon for services from PeggyBank a year ago and was excited that I could finally get my films on a current media. A year later No original films, no digitalized copy.
I got the email from the company that bought PeggyBank assuring me that my order was being processed. After numerous calls over the last year I am now getting a message that they are no longer taking calls or messages. What a con job!

tonij1
7/6/15

It's near a year now purchased from Groupon they're just getting back to me and have the nerve to want me to pay even more money to have my items back two different prices I might add. one email asked for 9.99 a week or so later I get another email asking for 19.99. I don't see why I have to pay anything more. They're horrible, we're currently going back and fourth on that very issue. I'm pissed.

fredb51
6/10/15

It has been e-mails, attempted phone calls (they don't answer), well over a year. Still nothing. Asked them to send my stuff back. Another lie there. I am looking how to pursue through the California State Attorney General. These people need to be shut down!

lina90
5/15/15

I bought a groupon and mailed in 14 vhs videos. After many emails and phone calls they did return my precious videos. They never did the work. Called and filed complaint with groupon. I don't believe they have any intentions of doing the work. They use excuses like medical leaves, new owners, very busy and will sumit request, etc. Don't believe them. You will never see your videos or money again!!

jeffl61
4/29/15

First it took over 7 months for this outfit to do my work. THEN the vault on which I was supposed to view it was changed without any notice and when I called to find out where the product I purchased could be viewed, they said it was no longer possible. DO NOT SEND ANY materials or money to this crooked outfit

kellel
4/27/15

This company had my tapes for over a year and keep giving me excuse after excuse for delay. Today they sent my tapes back without and correspondence or refund. DON'T TRUST THIS COMPANY

jayb71
4/26/15

I sent in 10 rolls of film in March of 2014 - with an expected delivery of June. Nothing came - I called - "Oh, they're a little behind because of the great response with the Groupon deal. No worry they are safe and will have them to you in a few weeks". Then in August - "They are safe - still behind." September "I said send them back!" Only got an apology. February 2015 (full year later) I demanded they send them back. Nothing. March 2015 - Where are they? "Sorry, they are safe!" I again requested in writing to send my films back ... Nothing. Then mid April, they FINALLY arrived. Only took14 months. All I can say is "I'M NOT GOING BACK TO THEM!!!"

dianem33
4/9/15

It's been almost a year (May 2014) and I still haven't received my
order. I would never again send this company 1 tape, let alone my families
Lifetime memories. I've asked for my tapes back, let's hope I get them before another year
goes by, I wish I could give them zero stars.

marilync14
3/15/15

My daughters and I sent 6 rolls of super8 film to be converted to digital a year ago. I received my order after 8 months. My daughters have not received their orders back after a year. I'm afraid we've lost our treasured family film. Don't trust PeggyBack with your film of precious memories.

maryh80
3/3/15

I had bought a groupon so I figured it was a good company. It took over a year to get my items converted. After they do that, they put them in an online vault. You have 30 days to get them out of the vault or you pay $7.99 per month to keep them on there. I specifically asked for a DVD of my items which I thought I had paid for. After a year waiting, they said I never requested or paid for a DVD. So I paid all that money for my items to be in their online vault for one month. Now they won't even email me back. What a joke.

vernone5
2/22/15

I have emailed them 3 times and get the same answer they will be done soon. It will be 11 months on the 7th of March. At least they have replied to my emails. I sure hope they haven't lost my family slides and movies. :( getting very impatient.

lauray7
2/19/15

Sent videos in July 2014. Not received anything but assurances yet. Had to pay the reshipping fee, and at this point, I just want those videos back. Will be happy to take my business elsewhere, if there are still videos to take. I imagine they are stored in a huge hot warehouse, squeezed between the ark of the covenant and Jimmy Hoffa.

I, too, finally received my tapes back after about 20 months, but I am out ~$700. From what I understand no one is working there any longer. The old CEOs, etc. should be sued and prosecuted! If you hear anything please let me know! islndguy77@aol.com Thx!

By Jim M.

I had to pay 24.99 for return postage for both my boxes. We sent 13 VHS tapes in each. I thought that was outrageous, but I paid it anyway.

By Laura Y.

How did you get your tapes back? They still have mine!

By Ariel W.

Probably not...

By Angela A.

The PeggyBank founder is Jim Simon. I researched and found that he has opened Peggy Bank companies across several states. He appears to bankrupt one and open another in another state. He also merges PeggyBank with other companies like Scandisk when they atart to fail by taking in more orders than they can fulfill. I was fortunate to get my materials back through Scandisk, but have not received any of the money I paid for the services and extra flash drives for multiple copies of the scans. I tracked Jim Simon's activities from Omaha to California when I decided to follow the advice from Mary on this page and file a complaint with the state of California Department of Justice. They have taken up the pursuit. I started the process on line, if you choose to do so.

By Betty C.

I was told mine was in the line to be completed many times, only to find out this wasn't true. Finally just asked for all my tapes back, took them a few months to send them back.

By Diane M.

It took me calling for 9 months - We could have made a baby in that time!! After demands to just return my films, they finally (after a year) returned them with the CD of their contents.

By Jay B.
Questions? Get answers from the PeggyBank staff and other customers.

PeggyBank?