Review of PeopleClaim

Boone, NC 28607
support@peopleclaim.com

jeanm162
10/19/17

We had a $60,000 dispute and our lawyer wanted an $8,000 retainer just to start. Decided to try PeopleClaim on the basis of a recommendation and because even with all the options it only cost $25. Nothing ventured, nothing gained! and we could always go back to the lawyer. The first thing that happened was the company threatened to sue us and PC. PC didnt buckle and neither did we because we knew they had no basis. So then they settled. We had to sign a confidentiality agreement but we got a little more than what the lawyer thought he could get us and our whole cost was $25. We will always be grateful to PeopleClaim and we will recommend them everywhere I can.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
We're really glad we could help! We're happy to know that someone referred us, and that you would also recommend us - that means a lot.
cyndib8
1/14/17

I placed a claim against a widely-advertised chain of dental providers. They charged me the following month for items (with no notice after my procedure) even when they knew beforehand my Medicare Advantage insurance would not cover it. The amount they charged was exactly the same amount ($128) as their so called "free" x-rays. They put a disclaimer in the small print of their ads that x-rays aren't free if you have insurance. But their finance manager never mentioned this fact when accepting my payment two days before the work was completed. They took my insurance information before the initial exam and knew full well what it would cover and never said they would be submitting a claim to my insurance carrier. I received a letter from their home office about two weeks later, citing their receipt of my PeopleClaim.com dispute, cancelling the charge. I think they should cut their advertising budget, including the sponsorship of a NASCAR driver who consistently loses races, rather than take advantage of people who have very limited insurance.

PeopleClaim.com charged me nothing for their service and solved my problem in a very timely manner.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
Cyndi, thank you for your lovely comments. We're so pleased that your problem with your dentist was resolved!
francesj21
9/22/16

I live in the UK but kept my house in the US as a rental. The contractor who basically stole from me said haha, sue me, because he knows where I live. I had my lawyer send a letter and the builder just ignored it. A friend back in the US knew about Peopleclaim, I had them send a letter and a week later we settled. Gobsmacked by how well it worked and how cheap it was.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
We're really happy to hear that!
jillyj2
6/9/16

I absolutely hated Peopleclaim when my client used it to file a complaint because I pride myself on doing a really good job. My SO pointed out that my client was at least part right and I should stop being a whiny baby and talk to him. I had to admit that at least he hadn't written a trashy anonymous review that I wouldn't know about for months. We talked and worked it out and since then he's given me two more jobs. What is even better is that I had two deadbeat customers and I used it to file complaints against them. One is a big company that had been ignoring my invoices for a year and a half because they knew I could not afford to go to court. They paid me inside a week. The second one didn't pay yet but I will be patient. If you have your own company you don't have much protection against people who don't pay you. So thank you and I will use it again.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
We're happy you value the PeopleClaim system - a lot of independent contractors, small businesses and freelancers do use PeopleClaim to collect unpaid invoices. The global online economy is great, but it's hard to use Small Claims court from thousands of miles away! We know it's painful to get a complaint, but sounds like you really turned the experience around.
bens134
5/3/16

I totally understand the frustrations of other users on here, with PeopleClaim feeling like a bit of a scam, however I have had incredible success with the system. I've solved claims with a number of major well known companies, as well as some smaller ones and I'd total my recovered damages using the site at around $3000. I think people maybe struggle a bit with their business model, they want to act as an organized sounding board for BOTH sides in a dispute. They are also not able to guarantee that they'll solve all claims - but try finding a lawyer that will do that for under $21. I've always found that companies I've worked with on PeopleClaim to appreciate complaints being brought to their attention in a manner they can respond to - unlike public reviews sites that don't off them an option of fixing the problem before the world sees it. You can't expect miracles from a free company - they do have to make money somehow and I'd rather they be upfront about it using a freemium model rather than selling my personal information and advertising.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
Hi Ben! Glad PeopleClaim is working well for you! As you've found, good businesses respond positively. Even when they can't resolve the claim, they'll explain why, politely and calmly...and if they need to make a policy clearer, they do that. Bad businesses, unfortunately, simply get angry when they can't get away with bad products and bad practices.
austinm25
4/20/16

This site tries to come across as a resolution center. Potential filers beware. Through their "eloquent" wording they try to make you believe that by filing a claim and paying the fee you are doing something to resolve your issue. The catch is, they actually offer nothing. There is nothing their process can do for you. They have no legal power. They exist to capitalize on your anger and get you to pay the fee while you're still angry and believe it will help. Small businesses beware. If you get any claims through this site, it will most likely be from an unruly and unreasonable customer. Their claims will have no grounding or warrant, and yet they can make a public claim. Most of the reviews on SiteJabber have it exactly right. And notice how PeopleClaim has responded to all of them with the same bogus lines about being "misunderstood". What a joke. Complete scam of a company designed to prey on the stupid and to hurt small businesses.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
This post appears to have been written by a business owner who received a complaint against their business and is upset that it posted publicly as unresolved. We work to provide a fair and efficient channel for businesses to resolve disputes with their customers. However, this requires that businesses respond constructively. Businesses that are unwilling to respond openly and in good faith are less likely to maintain a good reputation. If the posting business would like to contact us at support@peopleclaim.com, we’ll be happy to make sure that they were able to respond to their customer, that their customer was able to view and potentially accept their response.
mda11
2/28/16

This is basically a BS site that pretends to be consumer oriented but it's really just a portal to allow scumbags to use bogus claims as a way to scare small businesses into paying them to go away. There's no vetting of facts or requirements put on the "damaged" party. Just a bunch of BS claims by losers.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
PeopleClaim always posts both sides of the story for any claim made through our site and posted publicly (not all complaints post publicly). It sounds as though you've had a complaint filed against your company. PeopleClaim is resolution-oriented; our goal is to help you and your dissatisfied customer resolve the problem constructively. However, if you feel that the complaint is unfair or bogus, we don't want you to settle it. Your response, including your side of the story, and any supporting documentation will remain publicly posted with the complaint; there's a minimum 10-day negotiation period before any claim could post. That lets you verify your customer, resolve misunderstanding, and investigate product or personnel issues. We think that's a fair system. We're sorry that you're unhappy with your customer's claim; please contact us at support@peopleclaim.com if you have any problem accessing your response page.
michalb3
12/5/15

Peoples Claim Has allowed your name and business to be trashed in the social media. Anybody can put a claim against you even when it is not real and then you have to fight back and pay them to even respond. They try to drag any business that you may have into their online garbage. We have tried to contact them to eliminate these falsifications but they ignore you. They include your business name to trash it when the business is not involved in any way with any claim. These people need to have a class action lawsuit against but the little guys in business have a hard time fighting this kind of attach. Yelp is another one that is full of garbage and can hurt your business through false accusations that are posted.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
Hi Michal, You seem to have misunderstand our system. We never charge a business to respond to a PeopleClaim and, importantly, you cannot pay us to change, remove or edit information that either you or the other party post. What we do do is to let both parties tell their side of the story if they cannot resolve the dispute during the minimum 10-day negotiation period. That way the public can decide for themselves. If you feel the claim against you is unfair or unwarranted, simply post your side of the story, attach supporting documents or exhibits, and it will post that alongside the claim against you. Let us know at support@peopleclaim.com if you have any questions or difficulty responding to the complaint.
marks274
8/27/15

Someone who was harassing me and trying to disparage my personal name on the internet just made up some stuff and posted it to peopleclaim, as if my personal name was a company. After emailing peopleclaim, they said I could just argue it online publicly by responding. But I said it's not even an existing business to argue about. It's not even a real issue. It's a person making stuff up. They replied once with a curt unhelpful answer, and they have ignored all future emails.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
Hi Mark, As described on our site, PeopleClaim is an automated online dispute resolution site. Our goal is to help people resolve complaints constructively and inexpensively. You can post your side of the story in full, including proof of your position--any details and documentation about why the claim against you is unfair or unwarranted. Anyone reading the claim can view both sides. We do not attempt to evaluate the merits of claims posted; instead, we offer both sides equal space to tell their side of they story if they cannot come to an understanding via private or public messaging on the site.
thomasj44
2/13/15

I had bad laptops twice with Dell Computer. Talking with their tech support didn'f help, so both times I filed a people claim against Dell. Both, times, Corporate at Dell called me and replaced my computers for free!!!
Now I routinely use it. Gives me, the small guy, leverage over the big, hard-to-get- through-to corporations.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
Glad to hear that, Thomas! Thanks for sharing your experience.
rendien
10/20/14

I just tried to file a complaint on Peopleclaim. and it processed...sure it asks if you would like to become a member and asks for money, but it did not make me pay to file this claim..to be fair about this I will play it out and see what happens before I rate it..

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
Hi Rendie, We offer both free and very inexpensive premium services. Your claim was probably filed under our free service, but you may have noticed premium services such as delivery by certified mail, which aren't required. Please contact us at support@peopleclaim.com if you have any questions.
jamesg74
3/1/14

It's amazing how sites like peopleclaim.com even come about preying on the elderly. They by no means can help you and they have no legal power as well. They hit you at the end with a fee to do nothing. They don't help the people they help their pockets. Free sites as BBB can help more. STAY AWAY FROM PEOPLECLAIM.COM should known as thieves.com.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
We offer both free and very inexpensive premium services. We're happy for you to try out our free system. We can't guarantee resolution of your claim, but thousands of people have resolved disputes via our system and saved extremely significant legal fees and write-offs. We're sorry you're not comfortable with PeopleClaim, but we think you've misunderstood our process. Our goal is to help you resolve disputes as quickly and efficiently as possible. We'd be glad to answer any further questions at support@peopleclaim.com.
samj34
1/14/14

I don't what much about the other reviewers experience here, but my experience with PeopleClaim.com was great. I filed 3 complaints using this site and was able to resolve all of them online. Great thing about it is, it offers both free and premium options to choose from in order to file a complaint. Useful tool for stress less and successful resolution.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
Thanks for the kind words, Sam--we're very happy we could help! Please let us know if you have any suggestions to help other claimants file effective and efficient complaints.
maries6
4/14/12

A customer of ours filed a "claim" on peopleclaim.com. Unfortunately, this was a difficult, disgruntled customer who lost in small claims court when we were forced to file a suit when he did not pay his bill. Bottom line, our company won the case, and he explained to the judge that he suffered from depression. While our customer was wrong for not paying his bill, we feel sorry for him due to having a mental illness. Peopleclaim.com basically takes money from people just looking to complain - which people can do for free on Craigslist. Peopleclaim.com is stealing money from the elderly and anyone that is mentally disable. They have no recognition as being a legitimate avenue for resolving disputes, such as the BBB. Moreover, Peopleclaim.com claims to have high visibility - when you google them - nothing comes up. BUYER BEWARE of giving money to any website that does not have a customer service number - thus, you cannot speak with anyone at peopleclaim.com. Finally, if you happen to stumble upon a business that has been complained against via peopleclaim.com, please make sure you get all the facts (ie: if the complainer already lost in court, they are looking to complain. period.)

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
Marie, you're correct that our process is different from the BBB--only the two parties involved can decide what's fair. If they can't come to an agreement within the negotiation period, we post both sides if public posting was added. (Some complaints are resolved or negotiated entirely privately). We facilitate negotiated settlement. In fact, we receive many complaints about cases that were closed without reaching a satisfactory settlement. Some have been adjudicated, but there was no mechanism for satisfaction of the judgement. We suggest that you tell your side of the story and if your customer's complaint is posted publicly, it will publish with the complaint. If you have any difficulty understanding how to post your side or how to include attachments, we'd be happy to help.
stuarts1
12/15/11

This site Clickinks.com still has not given me my refund, so, I went online to find out the Chamber of Commerce and the BBB and Consumer Affairs agencies that I can report the website to when all of a sudden I spot a website called PeopleClaim.com. I went to that website and the website said free of charge to file with them about this other site Clickinks.com and they would list this site on their blog and other things it would do to get my refund from the Clickinks.com. After filling out their forms and doing everything asked of me I went to submit it and THEN IT HITS YOU. PeopleClaim.com wants me or Clickinks.com to pay 22.90 for their service.

Response from Sally E., PeopleClaim Representative
Hi Stuart, PeopleClaim offers both 100% free and premium paid options. It sounds as if you added in some options such as mailing, but you're not obligated to use them. A free claim has delivery by email. Please let us know if you have any other questions--we're at support@peopleclaim.com.

Hi Virginia! As we understand it, your landlord has arranged a meeting soon, so hopefully you'll have your real answer then. You can extend the deadline on your complaint until after that if you like; other claimants have found that to be very helpful and constructive. As to negativity--we completely understand when businesses are unhappy to receive complaints. We always feel that the important thing is to fix any issues and learn from them. One claimant said he'd have hauled off and hit a business owner if he hadn't filed a claim instead; as soon as the other party received our letter, he came over "like a man" and they worked out that there'd been misunderstandings on both sides. Perfect.

By Sally E. [PeopleClaim Rep]
I had booked a flight with porter airlines from Pittsburgh to Toronto, through the website- student universe. The flight was supposed to depart on Friday July 29 at 2:30 pm and reach Toronto at 3:30 pm, same day. The price of this flight was 99$ USD, I reached the airport at 12:30 pm. While looking for the gate number, I found out that the flight was cancelled. I then was directed to the Porter customer check in desk. At the check in , there were two lines with two males behind the desk. Upon waiting in the line for over an hour, I approached the man behind the counter. He then gave me two choices for my ticket- first either I take the offer of staying at hotel Hyatt Pittsburgh until the next day with a food voucher, second was to buy a new ticket at the counter with United airlines for which I will be reimbursed later. He wrote down two phone numbers for me- one Canadian and the other US for porter airlines whom I had to call and get the reimbursement for the price of the new ticket. He reassured me a couple of times that I should not worry and that as soon as I call the airlines, they will reimburse me. Thus, at the counter itself, on his computer he asked me for his credit card and charged me $472.48 CAD for the flight number UA8341 which was supposed to leave at 3:30 and reach Toronto at 4:30 pm. Even before leaving the counter, I exaplined to him that I am a student with no source of income and a lot of loan on my head.My orginal ticket was only 99$ US which I found after searching online for months. Porter have given me a gift voucher for $100 which can be used for booking a flight but no refund. Can I get them to refund me $373 extra money charged in addition to the original price of ticket?

Ouch, that does sound frustrating...and expensive. So sorry that happened. We can't give legal advice, but you can most certainly file a claim on PeopleClaim.com and we'll get it right to them for response. If you're not familiar with how our system works, check out our FAQ at www.peopleclaim.com/faq.aspx

By Sally E. [PeopleClaim Rep]

Hi Lyle - just sign into your account with your email address and password. If you don't remember you password, you can re-set it. Once you're signed into your account, you can find and finalize your claim. If you have any problems, just email support@peopleclaim.com - happy to help!

By Sally E. [PeopleClaim Rep]

File a claim! We'll get it to them and they'll have a chance to respond constructively...and transparently. This may answer some questions: http://www.peopleclaim.com/faq.aspx - or feel free to contact us directly at support@peopleclaim.com

By Sally E. [PeopleClaim Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the PeopleClaim staff and other customers.

PeopleClaim?