Review of Lyft

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

greogeb
3/10/17

I drive for Lyft and now they keep telling people that you can make up to 1500 that a joke with the 3.50 fares that they chrage and so many people who think that I can drive to but don't know how to get around town without GPS and the people you pick up out here anymore in phoenix area are cheap and don't tip and don't want to go any further than 1-3 miles away and waste your time and gas to pick them up about 40% tip and 60% don't tip and expect alot from the driver and have no respect for the driver think because they are a big spender and pay 4-5 dallors they can run the mouth to you or after the transaction is done by talking $#*! about the driver to try to get free rides from the company and its been slow down since the think that college kids are doing it it's a totally joke to they are cheap and broke and lazy to call for a ride for a short walk away and lots of the ride are getting longer to pick up then drop off the person Lyft has mess up the app sending the driver call 20 30 minutes away and you can't see were the person want to go until you get there now and wonder why the person don't get picked up last year shows that were the person want to go and chrage more money for the fare and wonder why the driver are not going out any more or will not pick up the person it used to be fast and easy to pick up the person but it not getting to the point where it's become a real problem in the Phoenix area cheap rides bad passenger in some cases and no tips and people tell you I'll put it in the fare and don't people want to go to the store and get picked up from the store waste your time and gas for 2.80 you get and are rude and cheap people who don't tip the driver only time you can make any money is in prime time now since most of the big spender don't tip and wait time is a joke 5 minutes and if they are not going any were you don't get paid for the wait time to used to but not any more and they are trying to scam the driver on the taxes send people taxes form who don't get them and if you do get one they are added the 20% on the tax forms so they don't have to pay the tax to the irs to so it's only a seasonal job to not going to make money in the summer mouth here it's become less and less money to make in Arizona to since the people with money are not coming out here anymore to Arizona about 10% from years past college kids are not going to work they are cheap and don't tip out here so I just want you to know that it's a good thing to do if you know the areas and don't need GPS to do the job the picture of the person smile on the ad if you're making great money you will be but remember that it's still a job your use your own vehicle and insurance and repair and maintenance and gas to do thris they only pay you 80% of the fare and if you're not getting good fares and make good money it's not worth it so I think really hard about doing this if you not serious about making money and because you have a car does not mean you can do this must be very good at the street and town to get around fast enough to find the person and drop them off don't have to speed around just know what your doing to the rideshare in Arizona are getting to be a joke now just remember that you will be paying for everything before to and they don't care about you ever you don't work for Lyft they work for you since they tell you that your not an employee of the company in anyway but remember that the star system is a scam to get money from people to only good thing from the star system is to get rid of bad passenger so good luck if you don't have experience doing cab work courier work and know that only pick up people who are with in 5-10 minutes max lost of cancel the ride and waste your time and gas to try to pick them up it better than most places to work but if you think the Phoenix area is paying 1500 a week that a joke to the price should go up to but they only cares about the money they make so if you don't know how to play the game with the cab business don't waste your time your not going to make any money

kamw1
3/7/17

Lyft is a great. The drivers are friendly, the rates are great and the support team is awesome. Although it's my responsible for making sure I have all of my things when I exit the vehicle, on several occasions I have left things in the car and my Lyft driver always returns them to me. As we know, technology can be flakey, but when there are occasional gps or app issues, the drivers confidently work around those. Yea, there is an authorization hols on your cc, but Lyft let's you know that upfront. Promo codes usually work well as long as they aren't expired. I love Lyfts love of community. Great job guys.

nicg5
3/7/17

I absolutely love Lyft. They do a great job. They let you know about the cc holds. If I leave my valuables in a Lyft ride, I don't expect the driver to check behind m, because I'm adult and should be responsible for my own things, but I've had several drivers contact me and also return things that I have left in their vehicles at no extra charge. I have also entered wrong info into the gps, and they still get me where I'm going. As with any company, things can go wrong, but Lyft definitely does a great job trying to make sure everything runs smoothly.

jg103
3/1/17

This company gets a poor rating in every level. Bad drivers, Thief drivers and company! Ordered a lyft and got a text that the driver would be there in a minute. If i was not outside in a minute it would leave and charge me. Literally gives no chance to get to find the car in a busy area. They dont call you, nothing.. just drive away.
Second and most important, i left a phone in the car and as soon as i realized it i call the number and the phone was switched off. I contacted customer service and it took them 3 days to get back to me because they said they driver had not responded! This was unacceptable. And of course, the driver finally gets back and says he knows nothing. I was able to pin the phone to an address and they refuse to backtrack and see who could have it.. because it probably is the same driver!! THIEF!!!!!
Lyft customer service woundnt give me any info without a subpoena. Basically encouraging and protecting their theifs.

aleriesl
2/28/17

I scheduled a pick up the day before for 7:10-7:20am got a conformation and a reminder in the morning. They never showed up and I was an hour late for work on the worst day to be late. Besides being late I stood in the freezing cold for 20min waiting for a buffoon who couldn't take 5 sec to let me know. This was bull $h¡t and I'll never use them ever again! Also after emailing them to tell them what happened I got a response "we are sorry you were experiencing problems with your app here's $5 credit" first off a driver not showing up after conformation and reminder has nothing to do with my app it's the driver's incompetence and shove your $5 where the sun doesn't shine!

vickig12
2/13/17

First time customer this stupid company charged me TWICE for one ride and it was to be FREE! Then they turned around and used my cc to charge $95.90 worth of pizza. I had to cancel my cc - dispute all claims with the bank. Terrible inconvenience - DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY PEOPLE THEY ARE SCUM BAGS! Start using taxis do not put your cc on ANY APP like UBER OR LYFT. They are all unethical! DO YOUR HOMEWORK.

daivds
2/10/17

Need I say more? My friends asked me to meet them at an event. They were unable to pick me up. Downloaded the app, fiddled with all the credit card info, etc.

App could not find me or my destination worth a $#*!. Completely missed the event.

Lyft - You suck

adrianr21
2/10/17

Besides the occasional extensive wait times(last week it occured to me for the first time to wait almost 2 hours at LAX for a ping) and then i got a ride going to Brentwood..

Driving for lyft, passangers and overall experience is great.

However, when you have an issue the customer service is the worst thing ever!! It makes me so mad that their customer service is o bad. The other day i drove until I reached $100(gross amount) and out of those $100 i only had $39 available to cash out and when i saw that i got pissed! I didnt know(btw still dont know) what was going on. I may have cashed part of the money maybe but i really couldnt remember and had(have) the feeling that i was being stolen from.. i contacted lyft SO MANY TIMES explaining with most detail as possible, i took screen shots and wrote on the pics, and the answers i got kept on being generic answers that were seriously annoying! I spent time trying to make it as clear as possible and the representatives didn't give a $#*!, they barely read my email....

Here is one of the responses:
"With Express Pay, you can collect earnings on a debit card whenever youve earned at least $50, after the Lyft fee. Ride earnings, referral bonuses and mentor payments are included in Express Pay."

Basically all their responses say the same thing, no one bothered to look into my account to explain to me where the money went and why I had only $39 available out of $100 when it should be around $75.

After i got my sign up driver bonus and ran into this simple issue that LYFT clearly doesnt give a $#*! about, I'm considering Uber again (Politics aside).

It's really frustrating...

Well thanks for reading

charlesa70
2/10/17

I gave 150 rides in 30 days for Lyft, which should entitle me to receive a $400 bonus. Problem is that they are saying that I need a promo code from when I first signed up on Lyft, which I don't have. I never knew of any promo codes, and I also wrote an email within days of my hire asking what promotions I would be available for. They are denying me my bonus based on a BS technicality, plain and simple. Plus, it is hard to find riders altogether, regardless of time or day. My last week I logged 33 hours and made $375.52. In other words, I made just over $10 an hour plus tips (which aren't much) MINUS expenses. Not worth it...

dorothys54
2/10/17

I have two holds on two of my credit cards totaling $30. The first hold has been on for 7 days. My charges amount to $1.50 on 2 services that I had $5. credits on each. The original charges were $6.50 -$5. credit= $1.50. They ran the charges through for $15. each. They state that's their policy.
I'm a senior on a fixed income. I can't afford to have money in my accounts on hold for no good reason. I paid my bill and the charges they process should be what people owe. Beware your accounts will be processed for more than the amount of your actual bill and you'll have to wait for 5 business days to access money they've put a hold on. If your service is on a weekend count those days over and above the 5 because they're not business days. Also their GPS'S take the longest, even out of the way routes. They don't work properly and even the driver's complain about them. I had to instruct my driver on a short trip how to not go out of the way like his GPS was showing. Instead of being picked up in front of my address the car was sitting across my condo parking lot in front of nobody's specific address. I walked over to the car in the rain.

jackn48
2/9/17

So for the last 2 months every time my girlfriend uses Lyft, it gets charged on my card. I have never used my account on her phone or used my card in her account.
We have deleted all payment methods off her account and the issue was still not fixed.
I contacted Lyft customer support to try to solve this. They basically told me I should fix the issue with my girlfriend and they would block her account until we "sorted things out"
I told them this was an awful solution as I just needed them to check why her account was charging my card and to fix it, one would think it should be an easy fix, but apparently Lyft staff is set on being morons.
One week after being told I was basically $#*! out of luck they stopped replying to my emails altogether, I tried calling them but after being on hold for 2 hours I gave up.
My girlfriend used Lyft on a daily basis but after this experience we're moving on to Uber and never looking back. I didn't even want my money back for what is over $200 in charges. I just wanted this fixed, but Lyft clearly doesn't give a rat's ass about their consumers.

wilfredom12
2/8/17

Lyft is refusing to honor the $750 signup bonus. The reason I chose Lyft over Uber is because they were offering this bonus for DC drivers. I googled Lyft and saw that they were offering it. I then decided to download the app and start the signup process. I signed up and got on the road only to later be told that I needed to input a code when signing up and that they will not input it for me. Lyft did not properly advertise this bonus or any bonus for that matter. Lyft doesn't say you need to input the code. What happens to many people is that they do their research (like I did), see the benefits and then proceed to download the app or apply to be a driver through the app they already have downloaded. In my case at least, it was reasonable to assume that the bonus was for all DC drivers who signed up (given what you can see on Lyft's website) and consequently I signed up in DC. Later I was told that I needed to input the code when signing up and that they will not be honoring the signup bonus. To make it even worse, I contacted my "mentor" who completely ignored my complaint.

danieller46
2/2/17

I usually dont go on rants, BUT! Lyft took money out of my account even though I DID NOT for a ride. Unlike Uber, Lyft doesnt have a customer service feedback on the app, so there is no way for you to speak to an representative at all. Save your $$$$$$$$

johnm578
2/1/17

some stole my CC and used it to start a lyft acct... what kind of security do they have .. was obviously way to easy for this a******* to use my card

julese5
1/28/17

Lyft is the best thing ever! I've always had amazing drivers and an amazing experience. I highly recommend it. If you need a discount code, use "rideonjules"!

melissap86
1/26/17

So I've been using lyft for awhile. When I need to take my puppy to the vet or want to take him to the dog park I ride lyft. Since, I can't take my dog in the bus. I had no problems taking my dog in the car. The drivers are always so nice saying my dog is so cute and they never seen anything like him. And pet him. BUT today on 1/26/17 I decided to take my dog to the park. I opened up the app & the driver was on the way. I was waiting for almost 10 mins then he cancelled my ride. Then another driver got called he was on his way already. He came & picked up my small dog! (I always put my dog on my lap btw) he asked if it it was a service dog & im like no. & very very rudely he didn't want to take me & said "nahh I'm not gonna take you " in the most rude & disgusting tone ever. He didn't even said sorry. He drove off very quickly. I couldn't believe it. This wasted almost an hour of my time. I always thought lyft was pet friendly till this happened. He was very very mean. Very unacceptable !! Then I called in uber & kindly the driver let me & my dog in. Not like that nasty man from lyft

mones1
1/20/17

I have had good service with Lyft until driver Roberto was sent to pick me up! I asked him to come onto the other side of the street. He refused to pick me up in front of my house and drove off when I asked him to. He cancled my ride! That is unacceptable! If this is the type of driver you hire, I won't use you in the future!

lisag184
1/18/17

My first experience with Lyft was deeply upsetting and disappointing. I realized I only had one glove as soon as my daughter and I closed the car door on a Friday evening in Brooklyn. She chased the driver down the street but was unable to flag him down. I immediately went to the app but was unable to do anything except rate and tip the driver, which I did (5 stars, $5) immediately so that I could get to the screen where I could contact him about my glove. I learned I was unable to call him; when I tried to submit the lost item form, it wouldnt go through. So I had to go back to customer support and do it there. While I got email confirmation, I did not get a call from the driver until Saturday afternoon. He was rude on the phone, stated he did not have my glove, and only after my pleading with him several times did he agree to look once more and then call me back. He did not call me back.

I sent Lyft customer support screen shots showing when the driver called me and showing that he only called once. I attached a copy of the receipt for the gloves ($65 + tax), which were bought the night before the trip when I learned how cold it was going to be.

After several rounds of back and forth, customer support remained adamant that they would not do one thing to rectify the problem. Im in utter disbelief at how this situation with a first-time customer was handled and that there was no effort to correct the cascade of problems that occurred that night, from the drivers unacceptable delay in response (which, had this delay not occurred, the whole problem would not have happened) to the app (which had a broken link) to the drivers rudeness and lack of a promised follow-up phone call, to the customer service response (which was to offer me absolutely nothingnot the replacement cost of the item, which isnt even that much compared to a lost phone, for example; not a refund for the ride; not even a credit toward a future ride).

Im someone who really loves writing positive reviews for great experiences with businesses; it makes me feel good. This whole experience made me feel bad. It really cast a dark cloud over what should have been a really fun trip to see my daughter perform in New York. Ill be sticking with Uber.

deniseb108
1/8/17

No drivers avail. the whole system lead me to believe they had a driver ready and with 24 mins of where i needed a lift! i watched that and checked it for 4 days just to be sure i would have a ride to airport.. on the day of my flight i finish the booking for the lyft and NO DRIVERS i swear what a joke this company is!

davidr341
1/5/17

To all of the complaints from people who applied to Drive for Lyft & Uber, You are LUCKY you didn't get hired! Lyft is so not worth it! Yes, you can get a car through their leasing program but you will not make any money!! Take it from a year and a half driver of these companies! I am actually going through a nightmare right now with Lyft's leased car! My personal car a week prior to New Years Eve lost its brakes. This forced me to lease a Lyft vehicle until my car was repaired. Three days before New Years Eve, my personal was fixed. I contacted Lyft to give them back their car. They wouldn't respond to my email. I wanted to give them back their car and have them take the Express Driver Rental platform off and put the regular driver platform back on where I am making my bonuses and express pay again. When a driver is leasing a Lyft car, Lyft puts a hold on your pay. You will not get any bonuses, you can not Express pay yourself where you would get your money with in a few minutes. Lyft will charge you 200 dollars. Plus the tax fees. Plus the Lyft fees, and require you to drive a minimum of 75 pickups which they control. It's a scam and it is not worth it! Lyft refused to take the car back before New Years Eve leaving me without being able to earn money. I ended up jumping on the Uber app and didn't make hardly anything! Lyft New that if I was stuck with the car that I would have to pay for it. I haven't signed on with them for a week. I haven't touched their car in over a week. And they tell me it doesn't matter because I still have the car even though it was them that refused to take the car back. It's a money making scam leaving you in debt with a company that is suppose to provide a pay check! I gave a year in a half of my life to them. Ran two brand new cars into the hole. One car is only 9 months old and looks like it's 3 years old!! I started out with 1 mile on the car and as of today it has 30,000 miles on the odometer! I am a 5.0 star rated driver with over 5234 passengers serviced for Lyft. All I have to show for my hard work and dedication to this company is two cars run into the ground, more debt and unable to pay those debts then when I first started with them. Customers who have no respect or regard for the drivers property and feel they are deserving of only paying $5 fees but want a $80,000 car and a silver spoon to eat a pint of gold! Lyft is in trouble! They have been trying to sell their company to Apple, Uber, Google, and others who have turned them down and away! Save your money, spare your car, and work for a company that won't put you in debt but rather give you the ability to live and pay your bills!

joshp36
1/4/17

They shut my account down that had a 100 in it then tell me legally they don't have to give my money back and they never told me why they did it

kimw132
1/1/17

They suck they raise there prices every few minutes. I don't think I will use them again back to uber.

bigvaij
1/1/17

Am a driver with lyft but the company management is filled with white racists, a white passenger called me black ape, damaged my windshield and lied against me. The company deactivated my account till date,I repaired the windshield with my money,I told all the passenger did but they chose to support him because he's white.

maryn96
12/21/16

I asked for Lyft Services to go to the JFK Airport. Was told the charges would be somewhere between $35 and $54. After the trip, I received a receipt for $71 and some change. Apparently they will not tell you about additional charges in advance e.g. tolls.
Beware!

juanm92
12/10/16

Hello everyone, I tried to be a driver for Lyft and they denied me because my past, im taking about 11 years ago..

88 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

20 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Lyft staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 12/31/15
on 10/23/15
on 8/22/15
on 8/11/15
Dear Lyft Support.

Am so depressed right now, I was unjustly accused and with that my account got deactivated. I wish some one could get back to me and listen to my side of the story.

I picked up that passenger from her house and i dropped her to her destination. She refused to get out of the car saying that that was not the location she had put in. I immediately reported this to lyft and i that caos trying to ask the customer to get of my car because she had refused to get out.i recieved a request from another customer and i accidently accepted it. I immediately called the lady and explained the situation to her but she was not happy i asked her that i may need to cancel her ride so that i can deal with this first and she said no she needed to go somewhere immediatley. I didnt pick her with another customer in but i called her and explained the situation and asked her if she could kindly request for another ride. It took me like 25 minutes to sort the situation and i contacted lyft. Please help me i dont want to deactivate my account i love working for lyft.
on 6/6/16
on 12/2/15
on 7/24/15
on 6/24/15
on 6/11/15
on 12/16/14
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other customers.

Lyft?