Review of Lyft

San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
support@lyft.com

frankc117
7/10/17

So I sign up for Lyft with my friends code referral complete 500 rides and get 2000 dollars looks like I'm not gettting that at all cause they made some $#*!ty blame saying that I touch someone's leg which is such a lied cause all passengers sit in the back they do this for you not to get bonus they knew that I was close to hit the 500 rides so they screw me and shot down my app so I don't accept any rides I been email them no response what so ever this people don't care they just want their money

dang30
7/7/17

Some hard of hearing person at support (Winter was her alleged name) got my one and only call into support completely wrong. She didn't hear all that I said, she (like most people these days) got a few "key" words and finished her "duties"! I got a lovely e-mail from Lyft offending me about "Lyft's community is composed of people from many views and backgrounds, and community members should respect these differences." The whole call had nothing to do with anything remotely deserving of that response. I called about a possible scam and their response was to offend me? Really? Okay guess we need ANOTHER ride share company besides Lyft and Uber....

kukuj
7/6/17

So they lure you into buying a promo pass at $4.99 but failed to tell you that you cannot use it unless you're in a certain area. Once I bought the pass I had access to a map that shows the exact coverage area that was not available before I purchased the pass. When I emailed them asking for a refund they told me no...

I guess Lyft needs the money that they cannot support their customers I replied back to the customer service lady that I will be deleting the app and canceling my account and posting reviews on social media. Please avoid this company as I also have Uber and never have any customer service issues with refunds or correct clarification to disputes .

tresam1
7/4/17

A rider scheduled 2 drop off's. When I arrive at the 1st drop off the rider wanted me to cancel the 2nd drop, so i canceled. Cncelling the 2nd drop off also canceled the 1st drop off. Therefore I didn't get paid for either trip. I emailed lyft several times about this error and I was told that I would get paid the following week. Never recieved my pay as of today, a month later. I received an email stating that trip was included in a bonus, that I never saw. Giving me BS is what they did. Lyft will rip u off if u don pay attention to your earnings. I will never drive for Lyft again.

harlowj
7/3/17

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!!
To ALL drivers. I was promised a bonus if I made 100 pickups and they refused to give it to me! Are there others who have similar complaints?

toma318
7/3/17

Left has taken $180 for their car rental and gave nothing back, they stole money from me by using a simply technicality! Their customer service is terrible and does not respond. This company is a joke.

dawna44
6/30/17

Please do NOT use Lyft!!! I usually use Uber but my brother arranged for my ride this time and used Lyft. It was late, maybe around 2am on Saturday 6/24. I had left my vehicle at the restaurant we had eaten dinner at and needed a ride home from his house in Parker, Colorado, to my home in Littleton. It was about a 20 minute ride, I was alone in the backseat of the driver's car. The car ride was fine and everything seemed normal...A few days after that $150 in "damages" was deducted from my brother's account. We were so confused as to why, so he tried getting ahold of Lyft immediately...of course there was absolutely NO way to get ahold of someone on the phone so he had to email them and wait a few days for the response...the Lyft driver claimed that I threw up in the backseat of her car, so they charged $150 clean up fee!!!! I was and still am just blown away by what a fraud this lady is! I absolutely did NOT vomit in her vehicle!! This con artist even submitted some bogus pictures!! Lyft did not contact us or even notify us about her claim. They just took it upon themselves to deduct $150 from my brother account!!! They didn't even investigate it! Lyft along with their driver are a bunch of crooks!!! Please, please be careful when using this company! Take pictures of the area you sit before and after your ride! I'm filing a claim against them and that specific driver. I have photos that were taken of me prior to the ride and photos of when I arrived home... In the same clothes...not a hair out of place. What scam artists!!! I just didn't understand why she would do this...then it dawned on me...I had left my purse in my vehicle. I assumed my brother tipped her when he paid for the ride. I called my brother to see if he tipped her and unfortunately he didn't and assumed I would. Which is absolutely terrible and I would never let any service provider go without a tip!! But now it makes complete sense and shows her motive behind her claim. Still no excuse to rip off your customer!!

georgem211
6/26/17

Has lyft received complaints from their driver that their app was not working properly.Rides being canceled while they were driving the person who's ride was canceled on the app.
App saying no service in area? App freezing and so on,meaning losing rides and money because their app not working?

andreww178
6/26/17

I started driving with Lyft with a feeling of optimism and now I wish I never had. First of all the pay is not very good at all after you calculate gas and wear tear and taxes. Honestly I think I'd do better at most entry level jobs.They try to lure you into different areas with higher pay percentages but when you arrive in them they either take away the increased percentage or you get a ride just outside of this area. But aside from the pathetic pay the worst thing about Lyft is the absolutely horrible support they offer for their drivers. They consistently take days to reply and even then they usually don't do anything to resolve this issue. Seriously the worst experience I've ever had with any company ever. Don't believe me? Download the app and try to contact them. Then delete the app and forget any notions you ever had of driving for them . You can thank me later

constanzab
6/25/17

Because most drivers are not well informed and educated on what it costs to drive every mile, they think that they are making money and continue to devaluate their cars while driving all those miles that don't compensate for all the related expenses. This is a dangerous job that deserves to be paid accordingly. When you are always looking for an address, you are not so attentive to all the dangers of the road. Yet, Lyft and Uber pay little money: about $3.25 for about 20 or 30 minutes of driving. I did some rides that paid $6.00 and took about 50 minutes. Their incentives are very deceiving because they require driving during very heavy traffic hours and not very ideal situations. You need to maintain 90% acceptance which is hard given that often you would have to accept rides that take you very far away, from where you would need to drive back empty, absorbing all the cost. On top of this, Lyft has not customer service. It takes days to get any answers and they are often not helpful. They have no physical locations to go to get problems resolved. I was robbed by a passenger and got absolutely on help from them. They did not cooperate with the police to identify the suspect which they knew. If Uber is bad, Lyft is much worse.

They also use more deceiving practices than Uber. They make you think that you are getting paid a certain amount when in reality that is what they are collecting from the passenger. You don't have access to each ride record on line that you can use to document events during the ride or submit a complain/request.

Stop driving for Lyft or Uber if you are doing it. Any other job is much better because you make some money.

danielf108
6/22/17

I recently tried to apply to become a Lyft driver, as I was already approved with Uber. I was denied the opportunity to earn an income as a driver because of "something?" In my background check. I read and understood there terms, I have no violations under there quidelines. There phone number is BULL$#*!! No one EVER answers! Had ask the email "agent" what in there did I not qualify for? They would not Answer! Horrible company, I see hundreds and hundreds of complaints about them...my advice, go with UBER! UBER! UBER! they are 100X better!

rebeccas172
6/19/17

I scheduled a pickup for a ride to the airport days in advance. The pickup time was scheduled for 430 am and the driver cancelled at 425 am. Needless to say, this was a horrible experience. I could not get another driver in time so I had to drive myself to the airport at the last minute which was a HUGE inconvenience to my family. The customer service response was just as bad. I will NOT use LYFT again. EVER!

michl10
6/17/17

My wife was scammed- The driver turned off the metter charged her 5. The after starting ride demanded an overproced fared (time 2) or would throw her out in NY. When she complained during and after ride they did nothing that we know of to scam driver and wouldnt refund her money, except the 5$$

juliet244
6/15/17

I took a $6 rise and they charged me $15 twice.. I called and asked about the charges and they told me it's them just check to see if I have enough for the ride. But really? So you charge $15 twice for it? And they said I would have to wait 3-5 business days for it to refund in my account now let's say I was in a emergency and I needed that money. How are you going to tell me I have to wait a certain amount of days to get money that I already earned? They help themselves to your bank account I'm very displeased.. and as for safety. They let an Lyft drive pick me up in a whole different car that was not register for Lyft and there was also another person in the car which made e feel extra uncomfortable. Lyft is just terrible I will no longer be continuing business with them. I will now use Uber although it's a bit more complicating and expensive I'll take that over someone charging my card to whatever amount they want.

georgeh146
6/12/17

Don't drive for Lyft there lying thiefs that only care about taking 20 % of your hard earned earnings and don't appreciate the drivers that work for them It's been 2 weeks and I haven't got paid for the rides I've completed its been frustrating for me since they don't have a working phone number you have to email them to get a late response they gave me the run around saying my money was quede and there engineer's where working to solve the problem so I can get paid it's been 2 weeks still no pay I'm done with them and I will never drive for them again I don't know how there still in business stealing people's hard earned money it's funny how they promote you can make 1,500 a week it's a lie you'll be lucky if you make 400 a week

ihatey1
6/10/17

Utterly terrible. Great drivers, horrible capitalist rapist company. Was charged $325 for a 25 mile ride. $#*! Lyft. I guess it was my bad- should have chosen a cab company for a solid $50. $#*!ing bull$#*!

sandyh82
5/30/17

They are the absolute worst!!!! I finally got in touch with someone after going thru many phone numbers and the awful person, Sonja, asked for my email and said I have to respond to the fraud department like that, you can't get a real person. They suck!!! I have never used them and I never will.

toml137
5/28/17

Dude what are you talking about? I hate Lyft. They are using the drivers for their own good. They don't care if the drivers make money, but they concern about their 25 percent regardless if the driver make money or not. Why will you send a driver to drive 20 or more minutes to pike up a rider knowing hopefully we'll the rider is just going a mile or less? And when the drive cancel you want to deactivate the driver. If still don't get it how lyft called her driver independent contractors and still can deactivate drivers for cancellation. If drivers are independent contractor, they should be able to decide if to accept or cancel a rider. Lyft is awful and that is why they can't keep drivers. Congress should start looking into the rideshare company like lyft. Crazy people.

gabog
5/27/17

Why I have to pay for a driver's delay. I used uber before,but I wanted to support Lifthe too. Since I have to pay cancelation for driver's delay I will cancel LYFT and I will tell all my friends about that. Thanks.

traciew7
5/24/17

One of Lyft's drivers reversed into my brand new car, ask me not to call the police and apologized profusely. When I made a Lyft claim I had not heard back from any one in almost 8 months when I finally started the hunt to talk to someone about they gave me the run around for another 2 months until I finally received an mail from a supervisor. It took me 4 times following up with the supervisor to actually get a response to where he says their driver said I rear ended her and it was her word against my word unless I had proof (photos, police report, and a witness.) I provided all three of those things to this "safety agent" and then when I followed up he blocked my emails and I kept getting "your message is not able to be delivered to..." This is just not right! I am definitely not recommending tis company to anyone and I will not use Lyft at all in the future. They are just shady. Now I have to come out of pocket $800 to fix my car.

sj293
5/11/17

My husband was driving for Lyft in February and was hit by a drunk driver. Fortunately he was ok, but his vehicle was totaled. After trying to call Lyft for 2 days, we finally reached someone and was set up with a claims person who kept in touch for a week or so and then NOTHING...this claim is still not resolved. It has been 3 months!!! My husband has emailed, called, left messages constantly this entire time and no one will return his calls or emails.
TIme to hire an attorney)!!

johnd766
5/11/17

i was charged for a ride i did not take. Your driver called to inform me he had to go into NYC first, and if i still wanted a ride he would pick me up in an hour or so. I told him no worries, cancel the ride & i will request another car. He thanked me and then charged me $17.50. Very poor business practice

govam
5/8/17

If you are a New upcoming Driver, lyft will hook you up with awesome rides.. They entice new drivers with making money fast and giving them a pleasant experience. **NOTE** Once you are hooked and engaging in working more hours. Lyft will gradually Lower your rides per hour and will also make it impossible for you to hit the bonus.. "YES" LYFT controls how much you make per hour.. When you look at your Dashboard to opt in to weekly power bonus. It gives you zones and times you could make 20% or even 30% more driving these hours.. **NOTE** If you are getting close to getting your bonus LYFT will stop you from achieving your goal by taking the power bonus feature off your app so you won't be able to access it.. When you see your map of where high demand is and you are actually there.. Best believe that lyft will get you a request far away from the high demand zone and hook you up with a ride that will take you further out so you won't achieve making more money for that hour.. A Driver will typically make 19 to 17 an hour after LYFT takes their fees.. . No matter how good your strategies are to make more money they would slow your request down.. EXAMPLE if you are making $180 dollars in 5 hours that's $36 an hour.. Guess what? Lyft doesn't want you to make that much an hour so they will lower your hour income by giving you smaller rides that would be 10-15 minutes long,.. paying you an average of $3-4 dollars for that ride to having no request for the next 20-30 minutes.. Have you ever wonder why there is no request coming in, in your area,.. where the map shows it's super pink in high demand? That's only because lyft knows your making more money then what they allow per hour and they are giving the request to those that either just started their shift or has seniority over you and gives them the rides.. LYFT also has friends and relatives that works for the company giving them always the first dibs on awesome rides.. Have you ever wonder why you get a request in and within seconds to a minute it shows on your screen passenger cancelled request!?? Rarely passengers do cancel but in other times the passenger is taking a longer trip paying extra $$$ money and lyft takes the passenger away from you showing you on your end that they cancelled on your app when in reality they haven't cancelled and clientele is given to those special drivers they have working out on the field in that same area.. MANY customers have also said that they like how LYFT has the feature for tipping their drivers when a ride is completed .. Guess what?? LYFT doesn't always report the exact tip amount to drivers of what passengers give to their drivers. They show their drivers a smaller amount to none for that ride. They say that tips are 100% for drivers. When in reality the drivers don't get exactly what the customer pays out. Another thing LYFT says to their drivers that the amount shown on their screen after each ride has completed is the amount they charged each passenger.. That's totally misleading.. LYFT reports on your app a different smaller amount of what they have already taken out for that passenger ride embezzling extra money without the Driver noticing that the amount shown on their screen has already been modified.. **NOTE** LYFT claims that they only take out their 20-25% off their drivers when they want to cash out. WRONG!.! LYFT has already taken out a percentage for each ride and slaps their driver with their 20-25% on top what they have already taken out per ride.. EVER WONDER how LYFT can offer a higher bonus to NEW and CURRENT DRIVERS? Simple... they simply take extra money from their drivers how I mention above and puts it back in their pocket "IF" they hit the bonus.. Its not really a bonus. It's the DRIVERS own money that LYFT took out without the driver noticing, of what they took off each trip, and makes it seem that they are a generous company to their hard working employees.. For those that have notice and are COMPLAINING!! LYFT will lower your Rate & income request up to 60% . And what you use to make in 8-12 hours. Best believe LYFT will give you $#*!ty rides to 1 or 2 rides per hour and the drivers would work same hours to have barely $100 made for that day.. LYFT controls who you get wheather it's a 5.0 customer to a 4.0 passenger.. How this could be addressed is, drivers should unite and do a class action Law suit against LYFT so they know not to be greedy and be liars to those hard working Americans who are only working to pay bills and feed their love ones.

rebeccar96
5/5/17

Lyft's insurrance company has not contacted me after a car accident I was in with this company and it's been over 2 weeks! I'm going to hire a lawyer because I can't even get ahold of anyone.

carolineg38
4/29/17

I have had so much trouble with this company and random charges it's unfortunate. Driver service is so much better than uber but I would recommend uber over this company solely for the fact that they've now charged my card TEN times with zero authorization. If this is a systematic issue that's unfortunate as I've reached out to multiple Lyft associates to get the issue resolved. It's been two weeks since I've brought it to someone's attention (multiple times) at Lyft & no they haven't resolved it. But they surely have managed to charge my card two more times since. It's almost like it doesn't matter at all to them. 0 points for Lyft & genuinely caring about customer service. Not sure how many people would be okay with $110 going missing from their account for rides that were never taken by them.

88 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Lft runs different promotions and depending on promotion they promise a signup bonus(500-1100$).now if they really pay the bonus it's totally up to their discretion.in my case they didn't pay. I completed the 60 Rides required in the first 30 days,which was the requirment to qualify for the bonus but they still didn't pay.after a brief email exchange with a lyft employee(they do not give their position or full name) they stopped answering.now I am filing a complain with BBB and I will let you know where it goes when I have updates.

By Constantin R. on 12/2/15
Helpful answer

Lyft's customer service is terrible. If they won't correct it, file a dispute with your credit card company.

By david y. on 12/16/14
Helpful answer

I hope you haven't started doing this. Reading the reviews I can tell both Uber or Lyft are shanty style of business. It was very surprising that new generations with ultra modern technologies has no concept of human factors in their business model. The drivers are simply robots to generate revenues to them. I drove Uber for two months and couldn't take their lies and manipulation. Please don't waste time whether it is Lyft or Uber. You won't even make one tenth of the minimum wage while taking all the insult and humiliation.

By Jon W. on 10/23/15
Helpful answer

You made a sound decision. Anyone who can maintain two dollars of checking account balance it is not worth doing. Driving for ride sharing business is the last resort for desperate people. Some reason the misleading hype has spread out of proportion nationwide.

By Jon W. on 8/22/15
Helpful answer

I guarantee try Lyft and Try Uber and Lyft BLOWS UBER AWAY ! SAFER DRIVERS, MUCH BETTER SCREENED IN PERSON BY THE WAY, ACTUAL TRAINING WITH A MENTOR, BETTER DRIVER PERKS AND SUPPORT .... DRIVERS MUCH NICER AND HAPPIER THAN UBER DRIVERS..... UBER NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THEIR HIRING PROCESS AND BACKGROUNDS CHECKS AND START GETTING PERSONABLE WITH THEIR PERSPECTIVE DRIVERS.... BY SCREENING THEM PERSONALLY JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE YOU CAN TELL IF THEY ARE OFF OR NOT MENTALLY AND OF THEY SHOW ANY SIGNS I WOULD FAIL THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY. .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED. UNTIL UBER MAKES THESE CHANGES I WON'T SET FOOT IN AN UBER VEHICLE...... LYFT DOES HAVE BETTER SERVICE OVERALL FOR BOTH DRIVERS AND CUSTOMERS..... UBER CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. IF YOUR A FEMALE DAYS ARE SAFER IN GENERAL EARLY EVENING BUT AFTER 9 PM ALL BETS ARE OFF.... REMEMBER IT'S YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN TURN DOWN A RIDE ANYTIME IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE MAKING THE PICK UP..... THE BEST PERSON TO PROTECT YOU IS YOU.

By Carlos R. on 8/11/15
Helpful answer

Please report it as soon as possible to lyft. That's the only way they will know that a problem like this happen. The way I look it, your passenger has acted fraudulently...setting a wrong destination so that she can complain for refund. And of course lyft will refund coz they will rely on the route set by your passenger.

By Concerned C. on 6/6/16
Helpful answer

They have to approve your character/personality. Smile more often, tell a joke next time around. Make sure your car is in top shape, clean, a/c working/heater working. Check all light signals are working. Too many details they check off on.

By Wilson T. on 7/24/15
Helpful answer

To tell you the truth, drunk people at night are the worst... more likely to get a 1 star to 3 stars frankly because they don't care and not paying attention so much to the rating system, i.e. not thinking. If you maintain your courtesy and are friendly and provide any useful information requested from a rider or simply tell a story about something positive happening in the city that day or smile often, just don't be creepy. Can get you to 5 stars more often and be familiar with your city.

By Wilson T. on 6/24/15
Helpful answer

Both are covered, read the terms to be sure.

By Wilson T. on 6/11/15

it's too late.

By Wilson T. on 12/16/14
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other customers.

Lyft?