Review of Lyft

San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
support@lyft.com

cherrisei
8/23/17

I gave my disabled daughter money to use Lyft to take her to a doctor's appt. He said he never got a call to pick anyone up then lied and said he was on his way then said he was taking someone to Tampa and wouldn't be able to pick her up. We guess he made more money on that pick up. If that's not bad enough he had the nerve to charge her credit card as though he came. I had her call the bank IMMEDIATELY to reverse the charge. We will never use Lyft again. Uber is 100% better. Rider beware!!!

danielam17
8/23/17

On Sunday, August 20th. I took a lyft from Miami International to my house. Unfortunately, when I got home I noticed my phone was not in my handbag. So, I called lyft right away and asked them, to please give me the driver's number. The representative said she could not do that but she would contact the driver. I only heard from lyft hours later saying that they would contact the driver. Of course, they only contacted me the following morning via email. Saying that the phone was not in the car. The phone was in the car. Maybe if they would have contacted the driver 30 minutes after the fact and not hours. My phone would have been found. I will never use this service again. Lyft lost a loyal customer.

kellyt77
8/22/17

I recently signed up to drive for lyft, I rented a car from their express offer which allows me to rent a car from Hertz on a weekly basis. What we had originally agreed to was I would drive from Friday the 18th, to Friday the 25th, and if I made X amount of rides I wouldn't be charged a rental fee. They changed their policy so all drivers have to make the rides from Monday to Monday. Because I did not drive that week, it was impossible for me to make the 75 rides from Friday to Sunday and they are now attempting to charge my bank card 89.17 for the prorated week. I have tried multiple times to contact them about this and they will not reply back as all communications are done through email.

Further more, I went to pick someone up at the airport and was fined 200$ for not having a LYFT sticker on my vehicle. I also contacted them about this as they expected me to drive without the sticker which they said they were mailing that I never received. I have told them to pick their vehicle up in many emails which I am more than happy to provide.

I have about 50$ in earnings that I was supposed to receive today which it appears I am not getting.
They will not contact nor help resolve these issues with me at all, not to mention the stress of the entire communication being handled via email. which I feel is a disservice to the drivers as it allows them to blow off whom they choose.

It is impossible for anyone to make 74 rides over a weekend as I did not feel comfortable driving without the LYFT sticker. On Monday I decided to start driving without the sticker against my better judgment as I now have a 200$ fine from the airport I cannot afford to pay. Especially with all the charges they are trying to get me to pay.

I was not aware of the airport policy for ride share drivers as none of the videos they have give any real information about airport policy in terms of where to park and how to get there.

These are unfair practices that take advantage of people who are self motivated and desire to be their own boss in charge of their own schedule. I feel taken for granted, used, and railroaded as this is very deceitful what they are doing.
The reps that followed up with me said if I didnt pay the 89.17, they would repo my vehicle and charge me for it. That is extortion, forcing me to pay a charge I never agreed to.

miket194
8/21/17

I drove a nice tesla for welfare rates perfect rating after 2k rides then some thug damages my car i called him a few choice words nothing rasict though and lyft gives me the damage fee and still deactivated my account POS company

jaredg11
8/18/17

they made it right though and I am happy and that is the only momentary issue we have ever had, better prices than Uber too. Can be quite a bit cheaper than Uber actually.

mageda3
8/17/17

Not inspect driver directive my account befor 15 months ago
I have high rates with uber but I can't understand Lyft stuff

hazeb
8/3/17

As a Lyft driver, I was given a 25 ride for 320.00 promo. However, Lyft clearly knew that in the Memphis matket there weren't that many people who used the service. I drove 19 hours on one week and could only get 24 rides. In the promo, Lyft stated that what I could not get on my own, Lyft would make up the difference for it. At the end of the day, Lyft didn't keep their word. I had over 90% acceptance of rides; however for one cancellation, Lyft reduced it to 82% ..and each time I accepted a ride, they only added +1%.. if u know math, theirs is way off. Lyft throws those promotions out there knowing the market is dry and knowing they have no intention of backing their word.

duecel
8/1/17

Okay first i went through all this process applied for my dmv and background at the same time how i pass my DMV check and i had someone hit me recently on my dmv report but i got a green check and my background fail but i got friends with a background that work for lyft but yall make me waist my time and 22 dollars for a inspection POS company dont trust them them just probably want your info for people to hack your info.

russellb62
7/31/17

I have trying to sign up as a driver for over one month. They tell me what I need to do to fix the problem but their instructions do not work. I have restarted my pc several times and also tried from other pc's to no avail. I have asked numerous times for a phone call but they will not call. I have already paid for my vehicle inspection. I am seriously disappointed with this company!!

brooklynb3
7/28/17

I recently moved to Florida and was in need of a job,so I decided to become a Lyft driver.I was told after I completed 100 rides that I will receive a $500 bonus,which is not true it's a scam and Lyft is a theft.I would not reccomend them to anyone In the near future,I say go with Uber.

gustavol13
7/24/17

1) Dont believe in the "$50 first ride promo"! It's a lie! They gave me $5 and when I claimed the discount, the app said I have already used (obs: in my first ride). The same happened when somebody took my code to earn discount.

2) Abusive cancelation fees! When the driver said to cancel the ride becauser I couldnt go with lugagge (a small one) in the "lyne", they charged me $5 (for a $4 trip).

3) The app opens everytime that you try to use google maps, without showing the traject that you're looking for!

deyonp
7/24/17

Never again!!!When the driver collected us, he passed the entrance to the driveway and almost passed to exit, and he pulled on the side of the street, this was a morning after a rainy night, so naturally the street was mucky.
We walked to the car from the driveway which is covered and was not wet or had no dirt. I later received an email with photos saying that I had been charged $30 for damage. The photos show the dirt off our feet on the car and we were being charged for that. There are 2 problems I have with this, if the driver had pulled into the driveway, we would not have this problem and I sent pictures to LYFT to support my claim.
Secondly, am I supposed to walk with a portable shoe wash to ensure that no dirt from the bottom of my foot gets on the car?LYFT refuses to refund me, I will not be using them again!

maxwellep
7/23/17

bonus is a scam. they ask you to sign up then enroll you in the 30 day bonus. Guess what? after you sign up, it takes 120+ days to go through the background check that they make you go through. Even after the sign up and everything you can delete your account accidentally by trying to add a new phone number to your account! which means you will be deactivated with their service and can no longer drive until the background check clears again which can take another 4 months plus! It's not worth driving for Lyft.

juanitab13
7/19/17

I have read some of Lyft reviews I to have had to wait for them to pick me up, but they go to the wrong place. They call me and ask me where I am, I tell I'm at the address I gave you. this happened three times...Another thing to, some of the male drivers smell like Pot. I know it's legal now, but it's putting passengers in danger. And some are very rude. Lyft should have a back round check. I hopefully will not need Lyft again.

hanad9
7/18/17

I was at an inner left turn lane this morning, when the woman Lyft driver was at the left turn lane next to me. The sign says no U turn as this is a street right out of my house. Soon as green light started she crazily drove fast and cut me right off my left turn, and attempted to make an illegal U turn right in front of my car. I slammed on my break because I am a few centimeters from hitting her, and she kept on driving like nothing happened. If you value your life do not book drivers from Lyft, listen to my advice and go for Uber. I took a photo of her license plate so if anyone knows where I can file a complaint let me know.

anthonys177
7/17/17

I started with Lyft about 3 months ago and was promised a 350 dollar bonus after 150 trips. I was way on my way until Lyft and its app stopped giving me rides for a period of time in July 2017. I sent 3 text messages to Lyft and all were replied too explaining that it was my fault, and that i needed to trouble shoot. I tride it over and over and yet, i still was not recieving rides any longer. Then on July 13th or 14th, Lyft started to assign me rides again, but my count of how many rides i needed to still get to recieve my 350 dollars, was no longer on my screen app. I complained and finely someone wrote back and stated that the satellite for Lyft was having issues at that time, and many of the drivers during that period, were not getting rides AND THEREFORE MY BONUS WAS NO LONGER WARRENTED BECAUSE I WAS TO HAVE ALL MY RIDES FOR THE BONUS DONE BY JULY 12TH. So because of Lyfts incompetence, i suffer. Because i couldn't get rides the last 7 days of my deadline, they claim it wasn't there fault. Its a scam. Lyft does not hold up to there end of the deal.

rinar3
7/15/17

I started lyft in march 2017 all was good but on gay pride inner Manhattan was closed and was kinda busy i had to cancell few jobs because all requests eas coming from inner Manhattan and i was stuck on west side higwway however i logged out to save my account
At evening i hardly get lyft passenger for newJersey
I dropped him and put my destination to east i didnt get match i took lincoln tunnel i got request and i accepted
Pickup from ny and dropoff in nj
Does it make sence fir any driver tgat u pay toll and u r actually in the tunnel and u got request from jersey ?
I cancelled it and my account got deactivated
I contacted lyft tgey said . They said WE TAKE OVER COSTOMER VERY SERIOUS WE WONT TOLERATE DRIVERS CANCELLATION
you are not a part of lyft anymore
Good luck with other platforms
I contacted again and they said decision is final in future we'll be look for it
They hide all of my paystubs any trips and avery thing butthey deposited money to my account what i deserved
They are absolutely not flexible with drivers even they doent think driver a human. Only passnegers are human bexause they spent
However i had good rattion 4.9
Good reviews
And no issues
Well good luck to lyft
Because lyft is not lyft just bcz they have passnegers
They are lyft bcz they have relible drivers to but if u are no sincere with yourdrivers they will move on

karinm
7/13/17

I have used Uber and Lyft until this past year. In my opinion, Uber is a far better option. Its always cheaper (although often not by much). In my area there are dozens of drivers available within minutes with Uber while Lyft, having fewer drivers takes at least 15 minutes to arrive. The Uber drivers have nicer cars, Lyft is a toss up. Most are nice, many are notand you have no choice about your ride until it arrives. Twice I have gotten stuck with Lyft cars that wreak of cigarette smoke and dozens of times my driver does not speak ANY English. I live in Texas!!! Furthermore, Lyft drivers have dropped my ride because they cant find mewhich means I have a new driver and start my wait all over again. Thats frustrating, to say the least. Lastly, Lyft is constantly sending me offers. I mean, daily until I adjusted my mail settings. The offers sound good, but they rarely are what they seem. Customer Service is terrible. The Lyft drivers expect a tip on top of pay.

travisb53
7/11/17

Lyft stole my rental deposit my tips and my wages from driving don't drive for them you'll just end up paying almost a thousand dollars and the express pay doesn't work at all they wont pay you anything and dont even try to contact lyft support they'll just lie to you over and over and give you the run around

frankc117
7/10/17

So I sign up for Lyft with my friends code referral complete 500 rides and get 2000 dollars looks like I'm not gettting that at all cause they made some $#*!ty blame saying that I touch someone's leg which is such a lied cause all passengers sit in the back they do this for you not to get bonus they knew that I was close to hit the 500 rides so they screw me and shot down my app so I don't accept any rides I been email them no response what so ever this people don't care they just want their money

dang30
7/7/17

Some hard of hearing person at support (Winter was her alleged name) got my one and only call into support completely wrong. She didn't hear all that I said, she (like most people these days) got a few "key" words and finished her "duties"! I got a lovely e-mail from Lyft offending me about "Lyft's community is composed of people from many views and backgrounds, and community members should respect these differences." The whole call had nothing to do with anything remotely deserving of that response. I called about a possible scam and their response was to offend me? Really? Okay guess we need ANOTHER ride share company besides Lyft and Uber....

kukuj
7/6/17

So they lure you into buying a promo pass at $4.99 but failed to tell you that you cannot use it unless you're in a certain area. Once I bought the pass I had access to a map that shows the exact coverage area that was not available before I purchased the pass. When I emailed them asking for a refund they told me no...

I guess Lyft needs the money that they cannot support their customers I replied back to the customer service lady that I will be deleting the app and canceling my account and posting reviews on social media. Please avoid this company as I also have Uber and never have any customer service issues with refunds or correct clarification to disputes .

tresam1
7/4/17

A rider scheduled 2 drop off's. When I arrive at the 1st drop off the rider wanted me to cancel the 2nd drop, so i canceled. Cncelling the 2nd drop off also canceled the 1st drop off. Therefore I didn't get paid for either trip. I emailed lyft several times about this error and I was told that I would get paid the following week. Never recieved my pay as of today, a month later. I received an email stating that trip was included in a bonus, that I never saw. Giving me BS is what they did. Lyft will rip u off if u don pay attention to your earnings. I will never drive for Lyft again.

harlowj
7/3/17

WARNING!!! WARNING!!!!
To ALL drivers. I was promised a bonus if I made 100 pickups and they refused to give it to me! Are there others who have similar complaints?

toma318
7/3/17

Lyft has taken $180 for their car rental and gave nothing back, they stole money from me by using a simply technicality! Their customer service is terrible and does not respond. This company is a joke.

88 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Lft runs different promotions and depending on promotion they promise a signup bonus(500-1100$).now if they really pay the bonus it's totally up to their discretion.in my case they didn't pay. I completed the 60 Rides required in the first 30 days,which was the requirment to qualify for the bonus but they still didn't pay.after a brief email exchange with a lyft employee(they do not give their position or full name) they stopped answering.now I am filing a complain with BBB and I will let you know where it goes when I have updates.

By Constantin R.

Lyft's customer service is terrible. If they won't correct it, file a dispute with your credit card company.

By david y.

I hope you haven't started doing this. Reading the reviews I can tell both Uber or Lyft are shanty style of business. It was very surprising that new generations with ultra modern technologies has no concept of human factors in their business model. The drivers are simply robots to generate revenues to them. I drove Uber for two months and couldn't take their lies and manipulation. Please don't waste time whether it is Lyft or Uber. You won't even make one tenth of the minimum wage while taking all the insult and humiliation.

By Jon W.

You made a sound decision. Anyone who can maintain two dollars of checking account balance it is not worth doing. Driving for ride sharing business is the last resort for desperate people. Some reason the misleading hype has spread out of proportion nationwide.

By Jon W.

I guarantee try Lyft and Try Uber and Lyft BLOWS UBER AWAY ! SAFER DRIVERS, MUCH BETTER SCREENED IN PERSON BY THE WAY, ACTUAL TRAINING WITH A MENTOR, BETTER DRIVER PERKS AND SUPPORT .... DRIVERS MUCH NICER AND HAPPIER THAN UBER DRIVERS..... UBER NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THEIR HIRING PROCESS AND BACKGROUNDS CHECKS AND START GETTING PERSONABLE WITH THEIR PERSPECTIVE DRIVERS.... BY SCREENING THEM PERSONALLY JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE YOU CAN TELL IF THEY ARE OFF OR NOT MENTALLY AND OF THEY SHOW ANY SIGNS I WOULD FAIL THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY. .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED. UNTIL UBER MAKES THESE CHANGES I WON'T SET FOOT IN AN UBER VEHICLE...... LYFT DOES HAVE BETTER SERVICE OVERALL FOR BOTH DRIVERS AND CUSTOMERS..... UBER CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. IF YOUR A FEMALE DAYS ARE SAFER IN GENERAL EARLY EVENING BUT AFTER 9 PM ALL BETS ARE OFF.... REMEMBER IT'S YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN TURN DOWN A RIDE ANYTIME IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE MAKING THE PICK UP..... THE BEST PERSON TO PROTECT YOU IS YOU.

By Carlos R.

They have to approve your character/personality. Smile more often, tell a joke next time around. Make sure your car is in top shape, clean, a/c working/heater working. Check all light signals are working. Too many details they check off on.

By Wilson T.

To tell you the truth, drunk people at night are the worst... more likely to get a 1 star to 3 stars frankly because they don't care and not paying attention so much to the rating system, i.e. not thinking. If you maintain your courtesy and are friendly and provide any useful information requested from a rider or simply tell a story about something positive happening in the city that day or smile often, just don't be creepy. Can get you to 5 stars more often and be familiar with your city.

By Wilson T.

Both are covered, read the terms to be sure.

By Wilson T.
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other customers.

Lyft?