Review of Lyft

San Francisco, CA 94104
support@lyft.com

fuuuuclyftl
11/29/17

Two times in a row, because of the slow ass app, where there is always a delay showing where the car is, went out of the door when alerted to and drivers were already gone, who likely did not wait at all, then got charged for $5.00 for no-show that you can't possibly dispute. Apparently they trust more on the driver to show up based on their GPS than the customer's show at the location. Fu** you, Lyft!

sherylw23
11/28/17

11/17/17 Used Lyft to our destination $19.48 ... Used Uber on the return $8.58. No reason for the difference.. except the Lyft driver was new & couldn't get his phone to route our destination.

zaks11
11/25/17

I think they have serious problem and need a ton of improvement. Service could be better. They should be responsive to complaints

willt39
11/23/17

I ordered a lyft and was given a 60 second timer to get in. My ride should have taken 30 minutes 45 in traffic. It took an hour and a half!? Not only was I late I was out nearly $25 bucks! The driver intentionally drove slow and did not know where or how to get to where she was going. Septa bus would have cost $3.50 and taken me 40 minutes. Don't see myself using thier services again. Thanks, no thanks.

laurab298
11/9/17

On 11/4 I used Lyft for the first and last time. I set up an account and ordered a ride from my home in Hillsboro, OR (next to Portland) to a Winery in Hillsboro (15 minute drive from my home). Driver was super and the ride to the winery was perfect. Later in the evening I logged into my app to order a ride home and was very surprised to find that I was now "not in their service area". Lyft provided the 8.5 mile ride one way - but was unable to get me back home. I set up an Uber account and got home via Uber. To compensate me for the inconvenience, Lyft offered 2 $5.00 credits for separate rides. The credits expire in one month. This doesn't help me at all and I asked them to cancel my account. It took 3 emails to get them to agree to deactivate my account. Not a fan of Lyft.

whitneyb27
11/6/17

I started driving for Lyft in June.. Was also promised a $300 bonus if I completed 300 rides. Of course I called them and due to the background check and the time they release you on the road, I was already 15 days into the deal before my first ride. I had no idea, followed up with them and of course no bonus. Lyft steals money from their drivers and passengers. They care more about their compensation than your effort. They have recently made it more difficult to make money with only 10 power zones now in Chicago where I would make 230 on average for 25 rides in a day to now $150 that does not include gas and oil. Lyft im glad I found employment elsewhere, YOU CAN KISS MY ASS!

kathys192
11/5/17

I am very distressed and very upset. I took a LYFT ride today at 2:42pm and unfortunately left my phone in the back seat of Imran's car. I noticed immediately and went into track mode to contact Inran the driver. As I am tracking my IPhone, I could see that it was traveling inside the car, so I call customer service and they say that they will email the driver and I have to wait for driver to check his email??? This was at 3:07pm, it is now 12:35AM and still no answer from LYFT or Imran, I keep calling them to get updates and nothing yet, I also asked to speak to a Manager and they said the Manager will call me back and hasn't done so either. This is unacceptable and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I know LYFT is cheaper than UBER and that's why I went with your company, but as of today and the inconvenience and anxiety that I am going through I will be reconsidering LYFT. This is a work phone and it may cost me my job. Waiting for the driver to check his email rather than callimg or texting the driver is POOR, POOR customer service and I may never get my device if Inram doesn't check his email.

gaild40
11/1/17

Not happy I started taking lyft in June of this year was good for about 1 month , then every time I try to get a ride with lyft people cancel on me, in my opinion you take the good with the bad, your not always going to get that long ride for big money

susanj148
10/25/17

I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to discover WHY I cannot schedule a ride. Instructions say this is available in Denver however attempting this gets zero results. The instructions say click on clock on the app BUT there is NO clock to click and NO reason why. I have exhausted every possible method of trying to figure this out and have zero results. You would think a company that is in direct competition would be able to tell a customer why the app is not behaving as described. If they cannot address a simple issue like this why would I even want to ride with them?

jeffreym92
10/23/17

1 (269) 924-0146. Ghaith is a racist pig. I ordered for a friend and when she walked up he acknowledged her and then said I dont let you people in my car and drove off.

tracyl91
10/22/17

I take short 'round robin' trips. A lot of people do in the Buffalo area. To the convenience store, to pay a bill, etc. It took both Uber and Lyft a few months to figure out how to do this in Buffalo. To start, even though I had a 50% off credit and the trip would be $10 before the credit, they would put a $15 hold on my card. I thought that was too much and I complained They gave me credits. NOW the hold is $25. So today I get to the store 1 mile away and my card declines in the store, for my 3 items. I had to go home empty handed and the hold wasn't removed until the total $5.85 fare was paid. I had to then call Liberty Yellow cab to go back to the store.

rakeshd10
10/21/17

I am a Lyft driver and I constantly get harasssed by Lyft representatives. After I lodged complaints , I started getting adverse reactions from Lyft. They abused their powers to trick me into such a situation where I cant drive for no fault of mine. Then again when I call, they keep harassing me over the phone for 30 minutes. They are so f***** up that they dont even keep the communication record in their system so that they dont get caught at a later time. They will force you to things thats technically illegal and might cost you massive amounts of monetary fine. If you dont listen to them, they will start harassing you.

kimj101
10/20/17

I cant say that my entire Lyft experience has been a bad one. I have had some really nice drivers but then there are the shiesty ones. The ones that piss me off are the driver that cancels your ride. Ive had a few drivers cancel me stating, that I never came out for the pick up. This was totally false. I suggest that you screenshot every move especially when they are close to your pick up location. Remember theres a blue circle that shows your exact location on the Lyft tracking map. I have been taking pics of all of this for anyone that want to play games. I also send text and call the driver to make sure that theres no discrepancies about my location. I do understand that they are not suppose to text and drive; however, the directions for my pick me up is ALWAYS very detailed. Im ready to send pics to plead my case for anyone that would like to try me. My other gripe with Lyft is not having a direct line to speak with a representative about issues like this! This is the biggest problem that I have with this company. Overall, I have had more good experiences than bad ones. Ive never had to wait too long for a ride. I recently found out that messaging the company via Twitter gets a fast response. I will do this from now on but for cases like the ones that Ive experienced people should be able to contact a live agent.

chickym1
10/19/17

This car company has the worst and most dangerous drivers.
I am a tourist from India and was in a Lyft car in LA. The driver made a wrong turn and slammed into another car. My shoulder was severely injured.This was on 9/1.I got an email from them saying that they were sorry and asked me how I was.I told them that I was in severe pain and had to visit the UCLA emergency room and Urgent care in Venice and sent them the medical bills.Some people from Lyft,their insurance company,the driver's insurance company etc were in touch with me for a few days after the accident. Since I had no insurance,I have had to pay all medical expenses myself.I have spent several thousand dollars on medical expenses on what was supposed to be a vacation.Besides this I have had an MRI taken(cost $600).I have a severely torn rotator cuff and may have to have a surgery. This is mid-Oct and I have heard nothing from them even though I have tried calling them several times.The last time I called they said it could be the other driver's fault and I should contact him and his insurance company. What a joke! It's mid Oct and they are still denying that it was their driver's fault!
I have Bliss, Uber and Lyft apps on my phone.Why is it that I only get emails from Lyft telling me to become one of their drivers and I can make a few hundred a week doing so? It's because they hire unqualified, cheap and dangerous drivers who can drive their passengers to their grave. Dont use Lyft if you value your life. Pay a little more and use one of the others.I have had a very painful and expensive lesson with Lyft.I will never use it again and would advise anyone who values their health never to do so as well.
Any company that doesn't accept responsibility for the health/lives of their customers doesn't deserve to be in business.

mayurm2
10/17/17

As a uber or lyft driver, please check rider charge after completion of ride, if it is $20 for example, lyft will take out $6 and it will show us total trip cost $14 and now again they take 25%, thta means they will take $3.50 and we will get as a lyft driver $10.50, so total lyft will make $9.50 and we ill get. $10.50 almost 50% they will take and making us fools, please some body should take action on this

robertr306
10/14/17

I have used Lyft 200+ times in the past 18 months. Recently their web started refusing my credit card information, a problem they admitted was theirs, although they insisted I snapshot whatever it was saying when it refused and send to them. The idiots couldn't understand it wasn't saying ANYTHING and I repeatedly requested they call me, which they never did. . It merely refused the info. I gave up on the 6th email and deleted my account. They'll be bankrupt soon with idiots like this working for them

fredw74
10/12/17

app sucks, you schedule a trip the night before, the next day you drive 20 miles to the pick up location and log in when told to and instead of giving you that trip they send ones 20 to 30 min away and i'm setting right out front of pick up and another driver shows up.

nichellew
10/9/17

I've been using Lyft for years. I can say that 90% of my experiencr with them has been positive. Nice drivers and pretty good company. Will continue using the service.

missym25
10/7/17

I $#*!ing hate Lyft. I get stranded, I've missed trains which causes me to be late to work. 95% of the Lyft drivers in my area do not speak English so I can't even speak to the retards. $#*!ty customer support never penalize these drivers so the service is just getting worst and worst.

timb181
10/3/17

I had an experience in Alex., VA, with a driver named, Shahriar, who not only did not know the way to go and ignored his GPS but also threatened me and then forced me to get out of the car more than a mile from my destination. The driver, Shahriar, should not be on the road and women and families should never use him as he is abusive and threatening and could very easily abandon them in an undesirable area.

rkk3
10/2/17

I frequently leave for the airport at 4:30 in the morning to get to a 6:00 flight, airport 1/2 hour drive. This is the third time I scheduled a pick up and had to drive myself because Lyft dropped the ball. Today, the assigned driver declined the ride because he was too far away for too small of a fare. The second driver was so far away, I would have potentially missed my flight. Unless you live in a densely populated area and travel at peak times (when u will pay a premium) do not depend on Lyft for a ride.

williamd159
9/28/17

DO NOT USE LYFT:

I was scheduled with Lyft for a pick up this morning. At 6:25 AM I received a text informing me of my pick up time and reminding me to ready. At approximately the time of pick up I received a text telling me my ride was cancelled and telling me this does not happen often.

I was on my way to the airport. I missed my flight. I WILL NEVER USE LYFT AGAIN AND INTEND TO TRASH THEM ON SOCIAL MEDIA!

Bill Driscoll

emilyd73
9/25/17

Please never use lyft unless youre okay with having your belongings stolen from you. Ive always preferred lyft to Uber. From now on I will be going Uber. My lyft driver cancelled on me while my items were in his vehicle. Its been days and the company support is no help with resolving the issue. Lost and found can only send the driver emails in hopes that he responds. They cannot directly call him and speak about anything. I cannot get one representative on the phone to handle my issue in a professional way. Im at lose of between $40 to $50 and the company tells me theres no policy to compensate my loss. How can you have drivers and even customer service representatives that cannot help you and cannot be trusted.? I will not give any more money to these horrible people. Not even the supervisor has been help.

Lyft support was the most difficult support care Ive ever had to contact or speak to. My issue was not resolved in anyway. My driver stole from me and support cant do anything to fix it. Therefore Im filing a police report to the local authorities. Lyft will never receive anther cent from me.

patricka55
9/19/17

1 things for sure the sign on bonus I have not got and completed all task
The second thing is its bull carp with guarantee paid hours....blah funny I started at 10pm never logged out because I did read reveiws that said that's how they scam you is once you log out they don't look at the hours you was logged in
I was logged in at 10 pm and its know 1:06 am
Wish I could post the screen shots but it won't let me and I have asked about my sign on bonus 2 times and no reply ....

allyj4
9/15/17

So I am trying to get home from work and its raining, these mofo tryna charge me 60 bucks for a 16$ ride. Mind you I took the same route to work in the morning and was only 16. Someone told me they up the prices when raining, well lyft can suck a a big fat one and choke. I will gladly deal with the T and their delays for 2.25

88 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

They randomly out of the blue deactivated my account. This was there explanation. we found your account to be violating our Terms of Service and you will no longer be able to use the Lyft platform. I can honestly I have not violated anything so clearly there is something wrong with there information but the worst thing is they dont even tell you what the problem is. Oh well guess take my business to uber instead.

By samta v.

Lft runs different promotions and depending on promotion they promise a signup bonus(500-1100$).now if they really pay the bonus it's totally up to their discretion.in my case they didn't pay. I completed the 60 Rides required in the first 30 days,which was the requirment to qualify for the bonus but they still didn't pay.after a brief email exchange with a lyft employee(they do not give their position or full name) they stopped answering.now I am filing a complain with BBB and I will let you know where it goes when I have updates.

By Constantin R.

Lyft's customer service is terrible. If they won't correct it, file a dispute with your credit card company.

By david y.

I hope you haven't started doing this. Reading the reviews I can tell both Uber or Lyft are shanty style of business. It was very surprising that new generations with ultra modern technologies has no concept of human factors in their business model. The drivers are simply robots to generate revenues to them. I drove Uber for two months and couldn't take their lies and manipulation. Please don't waste time whether it is Lyft or Uber. You won't even make one tenth of the minimum wage while taking all the insult and humiliation.

By Jon W.

You made a sound decision. Anyone who can maintain two dollars of checking account balance it is not worth doing. Driving for ride sharing business is the last resort for desperate people. Some reason the misleading hype has spread out of proportion nationwide.

By Jon W.

I guarantee try Lyft and Try Uber and Lyft BLOWS UBER AWAY ! SAFER DRIVERS, MUCH BETTER SCREENED IN PERSON BY THE WAY, ACTUAL TRAINING WITH A MENTOR, BETTER DRIVER PERKS AND SUPPORT .... DRIVERS MUCH NICER AND HAPPIER THAN UBER DRIVERS..... UBER NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THEIR HIRING PROCESS AND BACKGROUNDS CHECKS AND START GETTING PERSONABLE WITH THEIR PERSPECTIVE DRIVERS.... BY SCREENING THEM PERSONALLY JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE YOU CAN TELL IF THEY ARE OFF OR NOT MENTALLY AND OF THEY SHOW ANY SIGNS I WOULD FAIL THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY. .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED. UNTIL UBER MAKES THESE CHANGES I WON'T SET FOOT IN AN UBER VEHICLE...... LYFT DOES HAVE BETTER SERVICE OVERALL FOR BOTH DRIVERS AND CUSTOMERS..... UBER CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. IF YOUR A FEMALE DAYS ARE SAFER IN GENERAL EARLY EVENING BUT AFTER 9 PM ALL BETS ARE OFF.... REMEMBER IT'S YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN TURN DOWN A RIDE ANYTIME IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE MAKING THE PICK UP..... THE BEST PERSON TO PROTECT YOU IS YOU.

By Carlos R.

They have to approve your character/personality. Smile more often, tell a joke next time around. Make sure your car is in top shape, clean, a/c working/heater working. Check all light signals are working. Too many details they check off on.

By Wilson T.

To tell you the truth, drunk people at night are the worst... more likely to get a 1 star to 3 stars frankly because they don't care and not paying attention so much to the rating system, i.e. not thinking. If you maintain your courtesy and are friendly and provide any useful information requested from a rider or simply tell a story about something positive happening in the city that day or smile often, just don't be creepy. Can get you to 5 stars more often and be familiar with your city.

By Wilson T.

Both are covered, read the terms to be sure.

it's too late.

By Wilson T.
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other customers.

8 Photos for Lyft