Review of Lyft

San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
support@lyft.com

noec14
2/13/18

I depend on lyft to get me to my life saving dialysis. Tonight I was ditched by a driver who tried to collect a fare without giving me a ride. Whats worse is when I contacted lyft they claimed tbey couldn't find any account information. If you value yours or a your loved ones health and don't want to get ripped off find another form of transportation.

rs190
2/2/18

In late December I waited in 19 degree weather for 30 minutes while Lyft:
-cycled me through 4 drivers
-had a driver lap around JFK without picking me up
-charging me and telling me a driver had picked me up and taken me away

All while I was waiting outside in the cold. We ended up taking a car service that was waiting there.

I contacted customer service several times, they pretend to not understand the question or even issue, and then stop responding (reached out about 4 times).

carrief32
1/31/18

Lyft charged me again a cancellation few $5.
It's the 3rd time! I'm done!
He never showed up
I was waiting outside in my usual pick up spot, me never came. Google map showed him next door
I called him 2 times he speaks no English and hung up on me

I got my new ride
He had no problem finding me as usual (I get at least 2 rides a day)
This is 3rd time this happen to me with Lyft
Carrie Fisher

samtav1
1/27/18

arthurc52
1/6/18

lyft totally rips off the customer, Cosyt me 50 dollars to go to nyc and using same addresses was charged 190 doll;ars tom come home./ DO NOT USE!!!

ladyl7
12/12/17

The drivers are robbers. My driver dropped me off but didn't end the ride, and I got charged for a 25 minute ride during prime time when the ride was actually only 8 minutes. Lyft won't refund me, even though I have the screen shot of the route he took after reaching my destination

allyh9
12/9/17

Hey lyft you overcharged me (by 5x the amount) and then made it nearly impossible to file a complaint. I will never again use your $#*!ty service. UBER has WAY better customer service channels hence making it way more likely I will use them.

1. Your support email bounced. No longer in service apparently

2. Your support phone number told me to call 911 in an emergency (no $#*! you $#*!tards)

3. I have spent over an hour entering the 20,000 bs details needed by your help online site.

4. No response on twitter

5. Response here?

Good job lyft. You do realise if youre second in industry you better be Better than the original right?

REFUND MY MONEY

FIX your $#*! support service.

FIX your awful UX

joem302
12/4/17

Here are explanations for all your problems with LYFT SCHEDULED PICKUP service:
Questions: Have you had problems with getting a Lyft driver to accept your Lyft Schedule Pickup service? Have you had problems with no drivers picking you up, or cancelling our pick up service?

Answers: I was told by customer service at Lyft that your pickup location is automatically assigned by the Lyft computer system to the nearest Active Online Lyft Driver at the time of your pickup time and location. If the nearest Lyft driver is nearby (e.g. 3 mins away), you most likely will not have a problem. BUT, if the "nearest" Active Online Lyft Driver is 20 or 30 minutes away, the Lyft computer system defaults to assigning your Scheduled pickup ride to that far away Active Online Lyft Driver. What will likely happen is that Lyft Driver will cancel your pickup. Why? The economics of the Lyft ride is unprofitable to the Lyft Driver. Example: It is not profitable for a Lyft driver to drive 30 minutes and 15 miles in heavy city traffic to accept a Lyft Scheduled Pickup fare that is a 5 mile service ride that will take 10 minutes. Why would a Lyft Driver (who is trying to make a profit) accept a 5 mile service ride, but drive 15 miles to the Lyft Schedule pickup location? Most Lyft drivers want to make money, thus this example is NOT profitable. This is why LYFT customers experience these problems with Lyft Schedule Pickup service.

Why am I writing this review on sitejabber? Because the Lyft Customer Service Representative I spoke to (Roger), refuses to listen or comprehend that the Lyft Company has an opportunity to FIX these problems. When I spoke to the Lyft 3rd party customer service rep, I suggested that these fundamental flaws in this Lyft Scheduled Pickup service need to be investigated so that they can improve the service. BUT, the response I received from the 3rd party Lyft customer service rep (named Roger) was "you don't need to use this service if you don't like it." And he said "this problem happens to everyone" which is why you don't have to use this Scheduled Pickup service. The 3rd Party Lyft customer service representative FAILS to see that this is an enterprise and strategic issue that is causing major dissatisfaction to both LYFT RIDERS (Customers) and LYFT DRIVERS (service providers). If Lyft does not solve this fundamental problem that frequently or occasionally occurs (example - assigning pick up rides to drivers 15 miles away, but the fare is only a 5 mile service ride) the ECONOMICS to Lyft Drivers will continually cause dissatisfaction to Lyft Scheduled Pick up customers.

A Lyft Customer Service representative told me all of this. This Lyft Scheduled Pickup service is relatively new. They have not fixed the kinks out of the service.

Also - For all of you having problems when you text, chat, or talk to Lyft Customer Service reps about all of your Lyft ride service problems.... The people you talk on the phone are NOT actual Lyft employees. They are "partners" to Lyft. What this means is Lyft outsourced the telephone customer service to a 3rd party. This 3rd party company does not seem to care about you the Lyft Customer. They don't appear to be welled trained about Lyft either.

victoriao15
12/2/17

Requested trip to airport and was told driver 5 minutes away. When contacted driver to correct slight error in pickup address, he was in fact 25 minutes away. Had to cancel ride and get Uber. Uber really was 5 mins away as stated

annp73
11/30/17

In NY, the drivers never ever pick you up where you request. You have to find out where they stop and hope you can get to where THEY decide to pick you up before they leave and have to pay a $10 no show fee. LYFT should be charged with fraud.
Drivers are nasty when you ask they why. Customer service is worse then the drivers. I wish I could give them a minus 50 stars....they are absolutely the worst company that has existed. Should be reviewed by the BBB and their operation shut down.

Tip for consumers: Don't use LYFT. It is a scheme to rob you. LYFT should be charged with fraud.

ronaldb69
11/30/17

No complaint about the ride, but when there was (still is) a billing problem, their service sucks. They have no phone number and will not call, so you are stuck with emails, which don't resolve the problem. Finally I complained to the Better Business Bureau - and Lyft replied misrepresenting both the problem and their response. So this is no longer just bad service, but goes beyond that to misrepresentation.

fuuuuclyftl
11/29/17

Two times in a row, because of the slow ass app, where there is always a delay showing where the car is, went out of the door when alerted to and drivers were already gone, who likely did not wait at all, then got charged for $5.00 for no-show that you can't possibly dispute. Apparently they trust more on the driver to show up based on their GPS than the customer's show at the location. Fu** you, Lyft!

sherylw23
11/28/17

11/17/17 Used Lyft to our destination $19.48 ... Used Uber on the return $8.58. No reason for the difference.. except the Lyft driver was new & couldn't get his phone to route our destination.

zaks11
11/25/17

I think they have serious problem and need a ton of improvement. Service could be better. They should be responsive to complaints

willt39
11/23/17

I ordered a lyft and was given a 60 second timer to get in. My ride should have taken 30 minutes 45 in traffic. It took an hour and a half!? Not only was I late I was out nearly $25 bucks! The driver intentionally drove slow and did not know where or how to get to where she was going. Septa bus would have cost $3.50 and taken me 40 minutes. Don't see myself using thier services again. Thanks, no thanks.

laurab298
11/9/17

On 11/4 I used Lyft for the first and last time. I set up an account and ordered a ride from my home in Hillsboro, OR (next to Portland) to a Winery in Hillsboro (15 minute drive from my home). Driver was super and the ride to the winery was perfect. Later in the evening I logged into my app to order a ride home and was very surprised to find that I was now "not in their service area". Lyft provided the 8.5 mile ride one way - but was unable to get me back home. I set up an Uber account and got home via Uber. To compensate me for the inconvenience, Lyft offered 2 $5.00 credits for separate rides. The credits expire in one month. This doesn't help me at all and I asked them to cancel my account. It took 3 emails to get them to agree to deactivate my account. Not a fan of Lyft.

whitneyb27
11/6/17

I started driving for Lyft in June.. Was also promised a $300 bonus if I completed 300 rides. Of course I called them and due to the background check and the time they release you on the road, I was already 15 days into the deal before my first ride. I had no idea, followed up with them and of course no bonus. Lyft steals money from their drivers and passengers. They care more about their compensation than your effort. They have recently made it more difficult to make money with only 10 power zones now in Chicago where I would make 230 on average for 25 rides in a day to now $150 that does not include gas and oil. Lyft im glad I found employment elsewhere, YOU CAN KISS MY ASS!

kathys192
11/5/17

I am very distressed and very upset. I took a LYFT ride today at 2:42pm and unfortunately left my phone in the back seat of Imran's car. I noticed immediately and went into track mode to contact Inran the driver. As I am tracking my IPhone, I could see that it was traveling inside the car, so I call customer service and they say that they will email the driver and I have to wait for driver to check his email??? This was at 3:07pm, it is now 12:35AM and still no answer from LYFT or Imran, I keep calling them to get updates and nothing yet, I also asked to speak to a Manager and they said the Manager will call me back and hasn't done so either. This is unacceptable and POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE. I know LYFT is cheaper than UBER and that's why I went with your company, but as of today and the inconvenience and anxiety that I am going through I will be reconsidering LYFT. This is a work phone and it may cost me my job. Waiting for the driver to check his email rather than callimg or texting the driver is POOR, POOR customer service and I may never get my device if Inram doesn't check his email.

gaild40
11/1/17

Not happy I started taking lyft in June of this year was good for about 1 month , then every time I try to get a ride with lyft people cancel on me, in my opinion you take the good with the bad, your not always going to get that long ride for big money

susanj148
10/25/17

I have spent the last 30 minutes trying to discover WHY I cannot schedule a ride. Instructions say this is available in Denver however attempting this gets zero results. The instructions say click on clock on the app BUT there is NO clock to click and NO reason why. I have exhausted every possible method of trying to figure this out and have zero results. You would think a company that is in direct competition would be able to tell a customer why the app is not behaving as described. If they cannot address a simple issue like this why would I even want to ride with them?

jeffreym92
10/23/17

1 (269) 924-0146. Ghaith is a racist pig. I ordered for a friend and when she walked up he acknowledged her and then said I dont let you people in my car and drove off.

tracyl91
10/22/17

I take short 'round robin' trips. A lot of people do in the Buffalo area. To the convenience store, to pay a bill, etc. It took both Uber and Lyft a few months to figure out how to do this in Buffalo. To start, even though I had a 50% off credit and the trip would be $10 before the credit, they would put a $15 hold on my card. I thought that was too much and I complained They gave me credits. NOW the hold is $25. So today I get to the store 1 mile away and my card declines in the store, for my 3 items. I had to go home empty handed and the hold wasn't removed until the total $5.85 fare was paid. I had to then call Liberty Yellow cab to go back to the store.

rakeshd10
10/21/17

I am a Lyft driver and I constantly get harasssed by Lyft representatives. After I lodged complaints , I started getting adverse reactions from Lyft. They abused their powers to trick me into such a situation where I cant drive for no fault of mine. Then again when I call, they keep harassing me over the phone for 30 minutes. They are so f***** up that they dont even keep the communication record in their system so that they dont get caught at a later time. They will force you to things thats technically illegal and might cost you massive amounts of monetary fine. If you dont listen to them, they will start harassing you.

kimj101
10/20/17

I cant say that my entire Lyft experience has been a bad one. I have had some really nice drivers but then there are the shiesty ones. The ones that piss me off are the driver that cancels your ride. Ive had a few drivers cancel me stating, that I never came out for the pick up. This was totally false. I suggest that you screenshot every move especially when they are close to your pick up location. Remember theres a blue circle that shows your exact location on the Lyft tracking map. I have been taking pics of all of this for anyone that want to play games. I also send text and call the driver to make sure that theres no discrepancies about my location. I do understand that they are not suppose to text and drive; however, the directions for my pick me up is ALWAYS very detailed. Im ready to send pics to plead my case for anyone that would like to try me. My other gripe with Lyft is not having a direct line to speak with a representative about issues like this! This is the biggest problem that I have with this company. Overall, I have had more good experiences than bad ones. Ive never had to wait too long for a ride. I recently found out that messaging the company via Twitter gets a fast response. I will do this from now on but for cases like the ones that Ive experienced people should be able to contact a live agent.

chickym1
10/19/17

This car company has the worst and most dangerous drivers.
I am a tourist from India and was in a Lyft car in LA. The driver made a wrong turn and slammed into another car. My shoulder was severely injured.This was on 9/1.I got an email from them saying that they were sorry and asked me how I was.I told them that I was in severe pain and had to visit the UCLA emergency room and Urgent care in Venice and sent them the medical bills.Some people from Lyft,their insurance company,the driver's insurance company etc were in touch with me for a few days after the accident. Since I had no insurance,I have had to pay all medical expenses myself.I have spent several thousand dollars on medical expenses on what was supposed to be a vacation.Besides this I have had an MRI taken(cost $600).I have a severely torn rotator cuff and may have to have a surgery. This is mid-Oct and I have heard nothing from them even though I have tried calling them several times.The last time I called they said it could be the other driver's fault and I should contact him and his insurance company. What a joke! It's mid Oct and they are still denying that it was their driver's fault!
I have Bliss, Uber and Lyft apps on my phone.Why is it that I only get emails from Lyft telling me to become one of their drivers and I can make a few hundred a week doing so? It's because they hire unqualified, cheap and dangerous drivers who can drive their passengers to their grave. Dont use Lyft if you value your life. Pay a little more and use one of the others.I have had a very painful and expensive lesson with Lyft.I will never use it again and would advise anyone who values their health never to do so as well.
Any company that doesn't accept responsibility for the health/lives of their customers doesn't deserve to be in business.

88 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Lft runs different promotions and depending on promotion they promise a signup bonus(500-1100$).now if they really pay the bonus it's totally up to their discretion.in my case they didn't pay. I completed the 60 Rides required in the first 30 days,which was the requirment to qualify for the bonus but they still didn't pay.after a brief email exchange with a lyft employee(they do not give their position or full name) they stopped answering.now I am filing a complain with BBB and I will let you know where it goes when I have updates.

By Constantin R. [Lyft Rep]

Lyft's customer service is terrible. If they won't correct it, file a dispute with your credit card company.

By david y. [Lyft Rep]

They randomly out of the blue deactivated my account. This was there explanation. we found your account to be violating our Terms of Service and you will no longer be able to use the Lyft platform. I can honestly I have not violated anything so clearly there is something wrong with there information but the worst thing is they dont even tell you what the problem is. Oh well guess take my business to uber instead.

By samta v. [Lyft Rep]

I hope you haven't started doing this. Reading the reviews I can tell both Uber or Lyft are shanty style of business. It was very surprising that new generations with ultra modern technologies has no concept of human factors in their business model. The drivers are simply robots to generate revenues to them. I drove Uber for two months and couldn't take their lies and manipulation. Please don't waste time whether it is Lyft or Uber. You won't even make one tenth of the minimum wage while taking all the insult and humiliation.

By Jon W. [Lyft Rep]

You made a sound decision. Anyone who can maintain two dollars of checking account balance it is not worth doing. Driving for ride sharing business is the last resort for desperate people. Some reason the misleading hype has spread out of proportion nationwide.

By Jon W. [Lyft Rep]

I guarantee try Lyft and Try Uber and Lyft BLOWS UBER AWAY ! SAFER DRIVERS, MUCH BETTER SCREENED IN PERSON BY THE WAY, ACTUAL TRAINING WITH A MENTOR, BETTER DRIVER PERKS AND SUPPORT .... DRIVERS MUCH NICER AND HAPPIER THAN UBER DRIVERS..... UBER NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THEIR HIRING PROCESS AND BACKGROUNDS CHECKS AND START GETTING PERSONABLE WITH THEIR PERSPECTIVE DRIVERS.... BY SCREENING THEM PERSONALLY JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE YOU CAN TELL IF THEY ARE OFF OR NOT MENTALLY AND OF THEY SHOW ANY SIGNS I WOULD FAIL THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY. .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED. UNTIL UBER MAKES THESE CHANGES I WON'T SET FOOT IN AN UBER VEHICLE...... LYFT DOES HAVE BETTER SERVICE OVERALL FOR BOTH DRIVERS AND CUSTOMERS..... UBER CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. IF YOUR A FEMALE DAYS ARE SAFER IN GENERAL EARLY EVENING BUT AFTER 9 PM ALL BETS ARE OFF.... REMEMBER IT'S YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN TURN DOWN A RIDE ANYTIME IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE MAKING THE PICK UP..... THE BEST PERSON TO PROTECT YOU IS YOU.

By Carlos R. [Lyft Rep]

They have to approve your character/personality. Smile more often, tell a joke next time around. Make sure your car is in top shape, clean, a/c working/heater working. Check all light signals are working. Too many details they check off on.

By Wilson T. [Lyft Rep]

To tell you the truth, drunk people at night are the worst... more likely to get a 1 star to 3 stars frankly because they don't care and not paying attention so much to the rating system, i.e. not thinking. If you maintain your courtesy and are friendly and provide any useful information requested from a rider or simply tell a story about something positive happening in the city that day or smile often, just don't be creepy. Can get you to 5 stars more often and be familiar with your city.

By Wilson T. [Lyft Rep]

Both are covered, read the terms to be sure.

it's too late.

By Wilson T. [Lyft Rep]
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other customers.

Lyft?