Review of Lyft

San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
support@lyft.com

teeyam
8/8/18

I have ridden over 60 rides with Lyft services. All have been average to great experiences with the exception of my last ride. The last occasion I rode with Lyft I left an item in one of their drivers vehicles , and realized within a 5 minutes time span that I had left it. I contacted the driver back while walking into my office and he didn't answer. Throughout the day he proceeded to ignore my calls and messages. I finally reached him later that night and he explained that he didn't see or didn't find it in his vehicle. This was very hard to believe considering I was sitting in the front, it was left in the front seat, and it was bright silver and pink. He advised me to contact the Lyft Help support which advised there was pretty much nothing they could do because basically it was my fault I left it in the drivers car. Although it wasn't my fault the driver decided to keep it and ignore me the rest of the day. Its whatever I guess I will take it as a loss because to Lyft , it was MY FAULT that I had a dishonest driver. If my driver would have just answered my calls instead of deciding he wanted to keep my wallet than there wouldn't have been an issue. Then again Lyfts current policy does absolutely nothing to infringe punishment or justice for individuals who decide to keep lost items. So basically if I was my driver, I would have kept it as well because I knew nothing would have happened to me. There is absolutely no form of deterrence present in their policy. Altogether with what was lost in the wallet and the cost of my last ride, I payed $213 out of pocket for that 10 minute ride , one in which I have regretted every day since then. Lyft needs to review their policy on lost or stolen items, or maybe just need to employ more honest individuals. Either way I will never be requesting or referring their services to anyone else.

belleo1
7/4/18

I decided to calculate the percentage of what Lyft takes out after the total price of ride. Its bad enough that business is severely slow in Los Angeles County at times plus the overprice gas and car maintenance. How much profit am I really making. Estimate of 25% take home. Interesting, then they make damn near impossible to make bonuses becuz traffic in L.A. is horrible. So my question is, is it really worth it, I thought Uber didnt care about its drivers but apparently Lyft doesnt either.
Signed,
Disappointed Driver

davids1697
6/28/18

My wife was a dedicated 5 star Lyft Driver with raving reviews from 100's and 100's of riders for more than a year straight, but all of a sudden she gets a text from Lyft saying her account was suspended, due to a fake and bogus report calming she was driving while under influence. They did not even bother to ask everyone of recent passengers to confrim or simply call and talk to her....they simply shut her down and her her account on the spot over a fake report

Of course I immediately knew that this was a lie, because she would never ever do such a thing and the fact that she could not stop crying while telling me what happened, made me so very angry that I decided to write this review and my first hand experience with this ungrateful, disloyal and mismanaged company that treats their biggest assets like garbage. USING THESE POOR PEOPLE THAT RISK THEIR LIVES ON A DAILY BASIS TO MAKE BILLIONS OF DOLLARS FOR THIS COMPANY, WHILE THEY GET PEANUTS TO BARELY PAY THEIR BILLS AND DISCARD THEM LIKE TRASH AND MAKE NO EFFORT TO PROTECT THEM AGAINST THIS KIND OF ABUSE

They did not even bothered to read any of the raving reviews that describe her as one of the best and the safest driver in Los Angeles. They would have quickly realized that not only what was reported was FAKE, but completely against her characteristics and her driving history...OTHERWISE SHE WOULD NOT HAVE SUCH AN IMMACULATE DRIVING RECORD AFTER ALMOST 10 YEARS OF DRIVING IN THIS TOWN

she does not even have one parking ticket, LET ALONE A DUI...AS IT WAS CLAIMED

so whomever that made that false report must have been either one of those rejected $#*!s that hit on a pretty young female driver every chance they get and could not take NO FOR AN ANSWER! or maybe an insecure girlfriend finding her BF drooling like a Dog the minute they get in that car, because She is a million times prettier and charming that them....but whatever the reason, IT WAS ABSOLUTELY OBVIOUS THAT THIS WAS A TOTAL BOGUS REPORT! AND A SET UP!

and what is more shocking is to find out that Lyft did not take any measures to find the truth before ACCUSING HER OR A CRIME SHE DI NOT COMMIT

Someone needs to TELL CEO of lyft TO WAKE THE $#*! UP $#*!!
WE DON'T $#*!ING LIVE IN SAUDI ARABIA, AND PEOPLE ARE NOT ASSUMED GUILTY BEFORE PROVEN INNOCENT, BUT OUR CONSTITUTION SIMPLY SAYS:

In the United States, a person is considered innocent until proven guilty. The 14th amendment to the US Constitution guarantees to every person, aliens included, equal protection under the law. And for this very reason, I promised to make an example out of her case for all the innocent drivers that have been falsely accused and abused by this company.

This law has been put in place by our founding fathers of this country simply to protect people like her from being the target of such abuse and treatment by companies like this

.... so please If you you have similar stories to share, let me know or care to comment
Lyft has clearly stepped over their foundries by breaking the law! And they must be punished! by
a massive class action lawsuit by wrongly accused victims that have suffered similar emotional, psychological and financial pain and hardship as my wife did today

Please share your story or feel free to contact me

theresaf5
6/26/18

I have had an 80% success rate but it is very aggravating when the Lyft driver leaves you for no fault of your own

cindyw211
6/15/18

I am livid. Im found out from some entirely disrespectful customers service agents that your company authorized a charge on my bank for $15.00 when I have gift card credit for Lyft. After being hung up on by someone who claims to be a supervisor. I took a look at my bank account and found that Lyft tried to authorize $15.00 from not only one account, but two accounts even though there is nearly $80.00 in gift card credit sitting on my Lyft app. One my personal accounts declined (thank God) and the other accounts placed the authorization and reversed it soon afterward. I soon found out from a representative who calls herself Carolyn that Lyft authorizes $15.00 even though you have credit because its set up that way in the system. She said its in the terms of service. So I will be contacting the BBB and making a complaint.
My ride history doesnt show records of this charge and no alert to this policy was given. This is a buyer beware that everyone should be aware of and I will make them aware of it.

kateb137
5/30/18

I decided to use Lyft instead of Uber for once and was sadly disappointed. I took a Lyft to and from a destination, with the first costing $11 and the second costing $31 because the driver lied about the route he took. When I attempted to contact Lyft to dispute the charges, they sent a standard email response saying basically sorry for your luck, with no way to contact them by phone. I am usually a very understanding customer and dont get upset easily, but Lyft is a dishonest company, who cares more about making a profit than their customer service. Will never use this company again.

juliev57
5/30/18

I started driving for Lyft a few months ago to supplement income (about 2-3 shifts a week, 4-6 hours per shift) & I'm pretty sure that after wear & tear on my vehicle, I may have broke even. If you don't accept the crap they send your way (10 + miles away for a $2.40 fare, repeatedly) then they send you a message basically threatening to lower your rating if you refuse anything they send to you. Additionally, on several on at least 2 occassions, I traveled 15 mins to the pick-up point, waited the allotted 5 minute boarding time only to have the customer cancel and received $0 compensation. THIS COMPANY IS A LOAD OF $#*!. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!!

nethenc
4/24/18

Lyft is not a cab sharing service but a big fraud in the name of service!!!Once you register with lyft providing your personal info, including your cc details, you will be doomed!!! Lyft will use it in a way that it deems fit and if you raise a concern they will quote some stupid terms n conditions!!! I had very bad experience using Lyft n decided to get rid of this app and deleted my account in Sep 2017!! I even sent multiple requests to customer care to have my personal info ,including cc details to be deleted permenantly and to avoid any misuse!! But to my horror , even till date my cc info is saved with Lyft!!! this is shameful, also my account was hacked 2 times in 3 months!! Lyft says it was someone who is my friend accessed my account!!! This is utter non-sense!! why should someone else access my account ,w/o my permission , and how did they access my cc info???I had to dispute the charges posted on my account!!! Lyft still doesn't want to delete my info!!! When i am no longer using lyft what right lyft has to keep my confidential info and not even sure if its safe!!!
Beware of lyft , if u have used cc with lyft, either change the cc or block the same as anyone else can easily login to your account and lyft will not take any action but look for excuses!! Lyft is biggest fraud company and cares less about customers. I am not sure how many lyft users are aware that their personal info is at risk!!!

amberf42
4/9/18

I've used lyft here and there for years and haven't really had a problem up until now. I recently used them on my friends birthday, and a week later I noticed two extra charges on my card from them. I tired to dispute it. One charge was for $5.00 and the other was for $12.90. While trying to dispute it, they sent me a receipt from a ride I got in 2015, three years ago and already charged on an entirely different card, and tried saying that was one of the charges in question for $5.00. They never sent any proof of the $12.90 charge. Ultimately, they told me they couldn't refund me simply because they were made from my account, even though they showed me actual proof that one was a double charge from 3 years ago, and no proof of the other. I will no longer be using their services ever again.

aw255
3/22/18

Dangerous Situation: There Were Two People Waiting In The Car.
Instead of just the driver, two people were waiting for me in the Lyft car.

Around 10:20 pm called a Lyft ride.
Went to get in the car. Saw that instead of just the driver: Lorenzo, there was a second person sitting in the car.

Immediately went back inside the building and called the driver. Said I was not getting in a car with two people. Told him he needed to cancel the ride. He didn't apologize, said an unfriendly:ok. He sped off without canceling the ride.

I messaged him + Lyft about two people being in the car. Eventually he canceled the ride.
Lyft can read the messages, but they did not react at all.

This was a dangerous situation.
If you use them, be careful! Next time the 2nd person might not be visible from outside the car.

Tip for consumers: This was a dangerous situation.

danielleg68
3/18/18

There are few times in life where a complete stranger can touch your heart and win you over in just one sitting. Today I was lucky to have such an experience...AND A LYFT DRIVER AT MY SURPRISE! I ask myself how is it possible to undergo a Qualifying Life Event (QLE) in a matter of minutes? Maybe it was her comforting smile upon arrival that seemed to calm my anxiousness from running late. Maybe it was her radiating spirit that magically kept my two five year olds in a trance. Or just maybe it was her compassion exhibited when I reported my sudden emergency that prevented me from proceeding to my final destination. These things could very well be variables at question but it is factual that in unfavorable moments life throws us curve balls and even passing figures have the ability to leave their mark. Deirdre S. (RKW7650) this review could never be good enough. You are truly a prize.

denishiaw
3/14/18

So my car was in the shop so I had to lyft my daughter to work in back home well on her way back home at 10 at night her driver was on the phone was driving like he had a few drinks etc.. I reached out to lyft they did nothing ...

bnvirgoe
3/12/18

me too, 2 diff cards, was auth, and then try try tell me its my fault i added a new card [which i hadn't]. I had 50% [upto 15 off rides program until the 11th, ] they say they gave 10 bucks to 'address my issue' but they deducted it from the ride, WHEN I ALREADY HAD THeRe % off discount which would have been less than the 10. So they use the fake ass 10 they gave [a method to shut me up] ...ooooo. I am NEVER using . I am blasting these messages, on bbb, all social media, yelp, yp and all those places that take review. So whenever lyft is search, it shows up.

I am rather irritated and peeved. Esp since 2 days before then i took a $136 ride to philly [which only had one card auth] but yet 2 cards where auth for a ride that was less than 10miles away? Yll bs.

he11728
2/26/18

I have had drivers flat out screw up and then cancel the ride so I was stuck having to run my card again!

scottm276
2/25/18

I installed the Lyft app the other day to get a 5-minute ride from Tampa Airport to a nearby hotel.

Driver was 7 minutes away, then allegedly showed up although was nowhere in sight. I was standing right outside the terminal in the pickup area. Driver was not there.

Then the driver abruptly departed and I got hit with a $5 cancellation fee. I disputed it and canceled my credit card.

Every single experience I've had with Uber and Lyft involves this scam - the no-show cancellation scam where they ding you $5 and don't bother to pick you up.

Enough is enough with Uber AND Lyft. Will never use these ripoff scam services again.

noec14
2/13/18

I depend on lyft to get me to my life saving dialysis. Tonight I was ditched by a driver who tried to collect a fare without giving me a ride. Whats worse is when I contacted lyft they claimed tbey couldn't find any account information. If you value yours or a your loved ones health and don't want to get ripped off find another form of transportation.

rs190
2/2/18

In late December I waited in 19 degree weather for 30 minutes while Lyft:
-cycled me through 4 drivers
-had a driver lap around JFK without picking me up
-charging me and telling me a driver had picked me up and taken me away

All while I was waiting outside in the cold. We ended up taking a car service that was waiting there.

I contacted customer service several times, they pretend to not understand the question or even issue, and then stop responding (reached out about 4 times).

carrief32
1/31/18

Lyft charged me again a cancellation few $5.
It's the 3rd time! I'm done!
He never showed up
I was waiting outside in my usual pick up spot, me never came. Google map showed him next door
I called him 2 times he speaks no English and hung up on me

I got my new ride
He had no problem finding me as usual (I get at least 2 rides a day)
This is 3rd time this happen to me with Lyft
Carrie Fisher

samtav1
1/27/18

arthurc52
1/6/18

lyft totally rips off the customer, Cosyt me 50 dollars to go to nyc and using same addresses was charged 190 doll;ars tom come home./ DO NOT USE!!!

ladyl7
12/12/17

The drivers are robbers. My driver dropped me off but didn't end the ride, and I got charged for a 25 minute ride during prime time when the ride was actually only 8 minutes. Lyft won't refund me, even though I have the screen shot of the route he took after reaching my destination

allyh9
12/9/17

Hey lyft you overcharged me (by 5x the amount) and then made it nearly impossible to file a complaint. I will never again use your $#*!ty service. UBER has WAY better customer service channels hence making it way more likely I will use them.

1. Your support email bounced. No longer in service apparently

2. Your support phone number told me to call 911 in an emergency (no $#*! you $#*!tards)

3. I have spent over an hour entering the 20,000 bs details needed by your help online site.

4. No response on twitter

5. Response here?

Good job lyft. You do realise if youre second in industry you better be Better than the original right?

REFUND MY MONEY

FIX your $#*! support service.

FIX your awful UX

joem302
12/4/17

Here are explanations for all your problems with LYFT SCHEDULED PICKUP service:
Questions: Have you had problems with getting a Lyft driver to accept your Lyft Schedule Pickup service? Have you had problems with no drivers picking you up, or cancelling our pick up service?

Answers: I was told by customer service at Lyft that your pickup location is automatically assigned by the Lyft computer system to the nearest Active Online Lyft Driver at the time of your pickup time and location. If the nearest Lyft driver is nearby (e.g. 3 mins away), you most likely will not have a problem. BUT, if the "nearest" Active Online Lyft Driver is 20 or 30 minutes away, the Lyft computer system defaults to assigning your Scheduled pickup ride to that far away Active Online Lyft Driver. What will likely happen is that Lyft Driver will cancel your pickup. Why? The economics of the Lyft ride is unprofitable to the Lyft Driver. Example: It is not profitable for a Lyft driver to drive 30 minutes and 15 miles in heavy city traffic to accept a Lyft Scheduled Pickup fare that is a 5 mile service ride that will take 10 minutes. Why would a Lyft Driver (who is trying to make a profit) accept a 5 mile service ride, but drive 15 miles to the Lyft Schedule pickup location? Most Lyft drivers want to make money, thus this example is NOT profitable. This is why LYFT customers experience these problems with Lyft Schedule Pickup service.

Why am I writing this review on sitejabber? Because the Lyft Customer Service Representative I spoke to (Roger), refuses to listen or comprehend that the Lyft Company has an opportunity to FIX these problems. When I spoke to the Lyft 3rd party customer service rep, I suggested that these fundamental flaws in this Lyft Scheduled Pickup service need to be investigated so that they can improve the service. BUT, the response I received from the 3rd party Lyft customer service rep (named Roger) was "you don't need to use this service if you don't like it." And he said "this problem happens to everyone" which is why you don't have to use this Scheduled Pickup service. The 3rd Party Lyft customer service representative FAILS to see that this is an enterprise and strategic issue that is causing major dissatisfaction to both LYFT RIDERS (Customers) and LYFT DRIVERS (service providers). If Lyft does not solve this fundamental problem that frequently or occasionally occurs (example - assigning pick up rides to drivers 15 miles away, but the fare is only a 5 mile service ride) the ECONOMICS to Lyft Drivers will continually cause dissatisfaction to Lyft Scheduled Pick up customers.

A Lyft Customer Service representative told me all of this. This Lyft Scheduled Pickup service is relatively new. They have not fixed the kinks out of the service.

Also - For all of you having problems when you text, chat, or talk to Lyft Customer Service reps about all of your Lyft ride service problems.... The people you talk on the phone are NOT actual Lyft employees. They are "partners" to Lyft. What this means is Lyft outsourced the telephone customer service to a 3rd party. This 3rd party company does not seem to care about you the Lyft Customer. They don't appear to be welled trained about Lyft either.

victoriao15
12/2/17

Requested trip to airport and was told driver 5 minutes away. When contacted driver to correct slight error in pickup address, he was in fact 25 minutes away. Had to cancel ride and get Uber. Uber really was 5 mins away as stated

annp73
11/30/17

In NY, the drivers never ever pick you up where you request. You have to find out where they stop and hope you can get to where THEY decide to pick you up before they leave and have to pay a $10 no show fee. LYFT should be charged with fraud.
Drivers are nasty when you ask they why. Customer service is worse then the drivers. I wish I could give them a minus 50 stars....they are absolutely the worst company that has existed. Should be reviewed by the BBB and their operation shut down.

Tip for consumers: Don't use LYFT. It is a scheme to rob you. LYFT should be charged with fraud.

88 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

They randomly out of the blue deactivated my account. This was there explanation. we found your account to be violating our Terms of Service and you will no longer be able to use the Lyft platform. I can honestly I have not violated anything so clearly there is something wrong with there information but the worst thing is they dont even tell you what the problem is. Oh well guess take my business to uber instead.

By samta v.

Lft runs different promotions and depending on promotion they promise a signup bonus(500-1100$).now if they really pay the bonus it's totally up to their discretion.in my case they didn't pay. I completed the 60 Rides required in the first 30 days,which was the requirment to qualify for the bonus but they still didn't pay.after a brief email exchange with a lyft employee(they do not give their position or full name) they stopped answering.now I am filing a complain with BBB and I will let you know where it goes when I have updates.

By Constantin R.

Lyft's customer service is terrible. If they won't correct it, file a dispute with your credit card company.

By david y.

I hope you haven't started doing this. Reading the reviews I can tell both Uber or Lyft are shanty style of business. It was very surprising that new generations with ultra modern technologies has no concept of human factors in their business model. The drivers are simply robots to generate revenues to them. I drove Uber for two months and couldn't take their lies and manipulation. Please don't waste time whether it is Lyft or Uber. You won't even make one tenth of the minimum wage while taking all the insult and humiliation.

By Jon W.

You made a sound decision. Anyone who can maintain two dollars of checking account balance it is not worth doing. Driving for ride sharing business is the last resort for desperate people. Some reason the misleading hype has spread out of proportion nationwide.

By Jon W.

I guarantee try Lyft and Try Uber and Lyft BLOWS UBER AWAY ! SAFER DRIVERS, MUCH BETTER SCREENED IN PERSON BY THE WAY, ACTUAL TRAINING WITH A MENTOR, BETTER DRIVER PERKS AND SUPPORT .... DRIVERS MUCH NICER AND HAPPIER THAN UBER DRIVERS..... UBER NEEDS TO GET A HANDLE ON THEIR HIRING PROCESS AND BACKGROUNDS CHECKS AND START GETTING PERSONABLE WITH THEIR PERSPECTIVE DRIVERS.... BY SCREENING THEM PERSONALLY JUST BY LOOKING AT SOMEONE YOU CAN TELL IF THEY ARE OFF OR NOT MENTALLY AND OF THEY SHOW ANY SIGNS I WOULD FAIL THE PERSON IMMEDIATELY. .... NO QUESTIONS ASKED. UNTIL UBER MAKES THESE CHANGES I WON'T SET FOOT IN AN UBER VEHICLE...... LYFT DOES HAVE BETTER SERVICE OVERALL FOR BOTH DRIVERS AND CUSTOMERS..... UBER CLEAN UP YOUR ACT. IF YOUR A FEMALE DAYS ARE SAFER IN GENERAL EARLY EVENING BUT AFTER 9 PM ALL BETS ARE OFF.... REMEMBER IT'S YOUR CAR SO YOU CAN TURN DOWN A RIDE ANYTIME IF YOU FEEL UNSAFE MAKING THE PICK UP..... THE BEST PERSON TO PROTECT YOU IS YOU.

By Carlos R.

They have to approve your character/personality. Smile more often, tell a joke next time around. Make sure your car is in top shape, clean, a/c working/heater working. Check all light signals are working. Too many details they check off on.

By Wilson T.

To tell you the truth, drunk people at night are the worst... more likely to get a 1 star to 3 stars frankly because they don't care and not paying attention so much to the rating system, i.e. not thinking. If you maintain your courtesy and are friendly and provide any useful information requested from a rider or simply tell a story about something positive happening in the city that day or smile often, just don't be creepy. Can get you to 5 stars more often and be familiar with your city.

By Wilson T.

Both are covered, read the terms to be sure.

it's too late.

By Wilson T.
Questions? Get answers from the Lyft staff and other customers.

Lyft?