Review of Hulu

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

elleng30
5/24/17

Hulu better support Sean hannity or we will boycott!
He is the best show on tv
He is the only one telling the truth!

joem254
5/24/17

Can I give no stars? After having Hulu for a week, I lost closed captions for Hulu on my tv, but not on my iPad. After a frustrating hour on the phone help line with two reps, I had no Hulu service at all on either device. Neither rep seemed to have a clue. In fact, I think the first gal realized she had screwed me up bad and deliberately disconnected me. I cancelled rather than go through more torture. Damn shame because I really wanted to binge on Fargo.

kimb1574
5/24/17

Why does it take 3:15 to watch a program that is 1:40 long? It keeps freezing. Very, very annoying. NEVER have this on Netflix or Amazon.

chareyd
5/23/17

The update sucks! I hate it! Ugh... so annoying! If you're going to update something at least make it better than what it was, this new version is the worst!

debs67
5/23/17

I have used Hulu for years and have always enjoys the format. I thought it was very easy yo use and navigate, i liked the new show notifications, and the organization of the content....but not anymore!!! I even watched their useless tutorial hoping I missdmed some helpful hints, but nope! Terrible, terrible app! Has to 'load' everytime you open it, the layout is horrible, difficult to manage your content and is just not overall user-friendly. Very disappointed, Hulu. Please go back!

anthonye37
5/21/17

Hulu used to be a user friendly app. Easy to navigate, easy to scroll through shows and episodes to find what you wanted to watch. This new update is ridiculously CRAP!! It's terrible!! I wish I could rate LESS THAN 1 star!! If you're watching an episode and want to skip to the next, you can't! They won't let you! This "New Hulu" is all about how pretty they could have made the app. I ABSOLUTELY HATE THIS NEW HULU AND WANT SO MUCH FOR THEM TO CHANGE IT BACK!!!! FOR NOW, I'LL BE WATCHING NETFLIX!! BYE HULU!!!

johna664
5/19/17

When i cancelled my subscription from hulu that i have been paying for!! but paid up to june 16 2017. it won't let me watch for what i paid for unless i sign back up. they our such a scam. i will not rate them. Netflix is so much better and you get better options and it doesn't buffing all the time and doesn't freeze up on you all the time and doesn't scam you.

kates109
5/18/17

The new format is useless. You can't view all episodes of a show at once to select from if your only wanting to turn on a particular episode. I find it funny the app itself gives you some direction on what to do because of the lack navigation making sense. I don't quite get it seeing as there's no problem navigating other apps. Everytime I get ahead of my husband and want to go back a few episodes to catch him up it's a whole bunch of pointless pages to get through nothing is stream lined in a way that makes sense. I LITERALLY don't find shows on Hulu anymore because I've resorted to googling whether or not something I hear about is streamed and what its offered on. HULU is getting their subscribers to only care about what they actively search for. If you cared ATALL about your business you would make an easy platform that makes sense in hopes that your subscribers will easily find other shows that interest them so that they continue to use this subscription. This platform I only use because of the certain shows only offered through here. It is sad how easy other apps are. This is not something everyone will adapt to in time, once I'm done with a couple of shows I am canceling my Hulu because it's not worth the hassle! I can only imagine what future upgrades will look like.

bettyl45
5/18/17

buffering is almost ALL I get for my money. will cancel very very soon if this isn't stopped. I have tried all of the 'fixes' by the way
how can this problem be remedied. I have hulu plus

frankier10
5/17/17

I will admit that hulu has a great variety or shows and movies but the ad's are constantly coming on every five min and it's so annoying. It really gets me upset that hulu makes millions off ppl like me who have accounts with them and pay monthly and still sell out to get paid from commercial ad's! Selfish bastards! Hulu needs to quit with the bs.

leop348
5/16/17

navigating the new app on my AppleTv is so frustrating that i would drop hulu if I could view the old format on my Roku and Windows 10. They upped the monthly $1 so they could program this useless BS.

Reminds me of when Yahoo mail changed their format based on one persons idea on how e-mail should be organized 4 years later I still hate it.

rebeccao27
5/16/17

The new hulu upgrade is terrible. I've gotten so fed up that I just went to watch something else on HBO now. I like the show on Hulu and the old home was great... but now I can't find anything and can't find my shows or see episodes. Why did they do this!!! It is truly bad design... total form over function.

bryans77
5/13/17

This new update (5-10-17) is somehow more useless and broken than before. This is the end of my hulu subscription. I can't find my shows through the techno color gradient bull$#*!. It looks like a teenager spiled that stupid colored powder on the screen. This powder also $#*!ed up any and all user freindly options and now tells you what you going to watch...tv would be better at this point. You $#*!ed yourselves hulu, and in doing so you $#*!ed me too. So $#*! you hulu. Amazon prime and netflix???!?!?!!!! $#*!ers

briang117
5/12/17

This service has more commercials than any free site I have used, AND THEN YOU GET A BILL!!! It is mind boggling how many ads you will watch. If you get lucky and it does not buffer, and you have not pressed any, and I mean any buttons, you may get to watch your program in double its runtime. Keep in mind this is only under PERFECT circumstances, on average it will take far longer. If you like paying to watch ads that Hulu is already being paid to air, then you have found your streaming service. Everyone else, RUN!!!! And please do not give them your credit card #, you'll be sorry.

amberp30
5/12/17

I haaaate the hulu update on xbox. Omg if you have watched the show already (aka fallen asleep while the entire season + another series plays throught the night) there is no "restart" except LB EVERY TIME. The episodes will not auto replay through, it will auto play the last 2 minutes of every episode unless i press LB.

agustinp2
5/8/17

Hulu has decent offerings but it is streaming and that is the problem . All streaming services are limited by time used or company used and speed of service by internet provider . So it works fine or locks up .

alp717
5/5/17

Hulu is very nice. I enjoy all the movies/shows that Hulu has to offer. The commercials are short & to the point. And I actually got a couple of items from the commercials they have. Hulu has variety of shows and movies for all ages and all kinds to fit the seasons. My wife & I watch Hulu a lot. On a raining day or a snowy day, Hulu provides us our entertainment when we can't go outside. Thanks Hulu & keep up the good work. If anyone complains about Hulu they have no clue what they are talking about nor do they appreciate good service . It definitely beats that 200 dollar bill other services try to get you on for two years that's not affordable. Hulu is the Best.

jimg111
5/4/17

The HULU website is appalling. I tried to manage my email notifications, but got in a loop where I was continuously asked to log in with PW. It accepted my PW, but then kept asking me to log in again. Eventually, I was able to get to my account settings, but it took 45 minutes. I changed my email notification settings (their default is to send you promotional info, but not send you a notice that your credit card has been charged), but got no email verification. The only "acknowledgment" was yet another request to I log in, and then I was sent back into the circular loop. It seems HULU does everything possible to keep charging you for life, sending you endless promotional ads, and making it difficult to cancel your subscription. The instructions on their privacy statemenet are incorrect. Be forewarned!

hankd8
5/4/17

I have enjoyed Hulu for two years but then upgraded to no commercial, lost my watchlist and taken to a Hulu home page without a watchlist option.
The effort to get help from Hulu had assured me they have NO functional, responsible or relevant means to help/service customers. You are on your own. They have left me with the feeling of being conned.

tesslers
Tessler S.
5/2/17

HULU is the Comcast of streaming services. And that is pretty bad. Constant buffering, very ugly "customer service" (if you even want to call it that). Back to NETFLIX

nunyad1
4/24/17

I want to know why your service is absolute $#*!ing $#*! compared to Netflix yet you have the god damn balls to charge the same amount when you're not EVEN $#*!ing updated on $#*! and you're always removing most of the older seasons of things or shows. Seriously. $#*! you guys.

andyw79
4/20/17

Did the option with ads since I have Netflix and amazon and HULU completely SUCKS paused for a minute then had to watch 3 minutes in commercials AGAIN all I did was pause it. Have fast wifi but I guess not for Hulu unless it's my BRAND NEW Apple TV. Who knows CANCELING IT.

idjenkfjbbddj
4/16/17

Show series are not complete!! Episodes expire or are missing, some seasons only have 5% of its episodes! So, if you wanna watch a series from beginning or end, prepare to skip episodes or seasons! And there's also commercials even when you purchase the more expensive option! Commercials every few minutes! You might be better off just watching regular TV, usually the episodes of new shows that air on tv are available on Hulu, so basically, you can only watch select episodes on Hulu that are on tv. The movie selection is slim, and you can't look up actors, only movie titles! Really, go to Netflix, they have complete series, no commercials, and a whole bunch of movies!

stephens154
4/14/17

As soon as I signed up for a free trial they charged me then they make it very difficult to cancel. Now they make it difficult to leave a review by making the review 100 characters or more

dcc7
4/10/17

NOPE ....VERY TERRIBLE...FIND ANOTHER JOB....REALLY? IWENT FOR THE TRIAL OFFER AND W2AS SIGNED OFF AFTER EVERY COMMERCIAL.... I CAN WATCH NETFLIX ,AMAZON NO PROBLEM...GUESS HULU-HOOP JUST GOT SPANKED AND ELIMINATED

224 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

23 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
ronk46
Ron K.
on 3/31/16
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the Hulu staff and other customers.

Hulu?