US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

travisc26
11/14/16

Every other commercial is in Spanish for months now. It's really annoying. I canceled solely for this issue. I contacted them, was told "they were working on it"..... a month later, still no fix. There's way better providers other than Hulu.

johnb727
11/14/16

They have too many commercials and not many good shows to watch. And it constantly stops to buffer.

kennethm76
11/7/16

I have been contacting HULU for 5 months to cancel there no good service; they "HULU" will not cancel and quit charging my credit card. Even disputed the charges with the card service and the denied 2 months of charges. But sure as day they continue to charge my card
Just sent them a final request and damn well will contact the attorney general and have them take over from this point. My advice don't do as I did because you will regret the choice and be ripped off for a long time.

kurth28
11/5/16

Limited movie choices; PBS old material is fine. Much is ok, but
the Gay movies are few and not recent. Access to other sites is good but you might access them elsewhere.

henryl53
11/4/16

I don't like ads with my pay service on hulu, but the quality of the pictures are good and the selection matches my taste, but every time if I have something that need to get a human being to resolve, doesn't matter a phone call or a chat, the "Standard" wait time is always 30 min. that's totally not acceptable.

ak561
10/25/16

Hulu has been charging me for service for the past 2 years without honoring my cancellation. They recognized I had not used it for 2 years but did not acknowledge my cancellation and would only offer 3 month credit. It was a terrible service for streaming and was not worth the price to begin with and now I am out about $150 for their mistake! Do not subscribe unless you want a bad experience. I HAVE to give them 1 star to submit but they deserve a zero star rating!!!

bretw6
10/20/16

Waste of money, they say no ads if you pay. YET they still give you ads.

carterb27
10/18/16

It wouldn't take my payment for a very long time and it has way too many ads, it shouldn't have any if you're paying. It's very glitchy, and I would not use it and never recommend it to anyone.

demetrip1
10/16/16

Not good because a lot of good shpws end up expiring the newer seasons. I like to save shows amd watch one at a time then watch other ones but shows like the walking dead ridiculousness and other shows expire from hulu and dont come back. Thats so unfair. To watch tv is very expensive. Also it ticks me knowing that my favorite shows end up just dissapearing for good. Thats like you like a food and they cancel the food because its getting too much sales. Very dissatisfied!!!!!

fuckh1
10/14/16

Horrible never again I'm sticking to Netflix. Can not even make it through one show

Ask $#*! about Hulu
rebeccam109
10/12/16

It has none of the popular shows like the walking dead only 6 episodes of season 1 of fear the walking dead.so its a lie there telling us you can watch current shows you cant.take supernatural its going on its 11 season there is no showing of it at all

richc37
10/10/16

Hulu locks up after commercials. You have to start the app from the begining. They are completly indiferent to the issue. Go figure.

robertp140
10/8/16

Good choices, left because of the buffering errors.

bonbonh
10/4/16

i think their service not the greatest compare to Netflix say Netflix is better then this website they add movies but when you search for the show does not come up ...

kaitlynp6
9/25/16

I'm getting tired of every time I got to watch something on Hulu it either freezes on me and skips ahead or even stops playing in the middle of the show saying an "sorry an error has occurred while streaming this video. We apologize doe any inconvenience" for the price I pay I shouldn't be having this problem and I paid for this instead of Netflix because it had more shows I watch than Netflix did but at this point I'm thinking about going back to Netflix cause at least I didn't have such an issue like I do now. No it's not my wifi either because I've taken my laptop where they have really good wifi with no problems and I still get the same issue I shouldn't have to deal with it

ryann40
9/20/16

I'm sick of logging into hulu and not being able to see anything but ad's. I am able to hear the shows, but not see them. I'm so over it! happens constantly, so unreliable! Back to Netflix!

charleso25
9/16/16

While I respect what they are trying to do as a service, I feel like they have always suffered from poor execution.

wendio
9/15/16

I have had Netflix for year's. I've never had a billing issue with them. Ever. I recently decided to switch from Netflix to Hulu. They advertise 2 free weeks, however when you get on the site, it's ONE WEEK. At least Netflix gave us a MONTH FREE & still do. However, I still think Hulu is a better deal. When I tried to sign-up, i was denied because their system doesn't recognize my Zip Code!! I live in a very small town that unfortunately has 4 different zip codes. No matter what card I use, it won't work. Their IT couldn't even figure it out. But, it explains why 1/3 of my City can't have Hulu. Guess we will stay with Netflix, who have no problem with my Zip Code. Sorry Hulu, I tried.

michelleo20
9/13/16

I have Netflix, but thought I'd check out HULU since Netflix charge went up from $7.99 to $9.99. When watching TV shows there's commercials you can't fast forward through! The movies are all old. When I went to cancel, an extended 2 week free trial popped up. There was a couple shows my kids watched so I did the extension. The next day they charged me $7.99!!! I've been emailing them complaining and they will not refund because we used the service during free trial! What BS! BAD SERVICE< BAD MOVIES=BAD BUSINESS!!

sarahj152
9/8/16

Do not use this service! Has $#*!ty shows, bad service, and an unhelpful staff. They leave you completely on your own! F this business!

ellym6
9/8/16

I put my Hulu billing on hold in July of this year KNOWING I wouldn't have the money to pay for it and just about 2 weeks ago, I come to find that not only was I charged for the month of July, but for the month of August as well. On top of this, I was charged by my bank an overdraft fee of $36. The only thing Hulu did when I called was reimburse me for both July and August and now will reimburse me for the month of June despite the fact that I am a student with no money to pay the overdraft fee. It is not the bank, nor I that is at fault but it's Hulu and they're refusing to pay for my fee. Worst service ever.

donnab54
9/5/16

I thought it was free for a month......my account was charged Commercials, buffering, NO THANKS!

angelaj38
8/29/16

If you are considering spending money on Hulu DON'T DO IT! I can get past the annoying commercials, I knew that was part of the deal when I signed up. I cannot however, get past the fact that I can not make it more than 10 minutes into any given program without constant skipping and buffering. I have yet to successfully watch a full episode of anything. Please do not tell me to do a speed test or check my router I am not an idiot, and furthermore, why is it that Netflix and Amazon seem to work perfectly fine without us speed testing or upgrading internet speeds, bandwidths etc. I will tell you why. Because Hulu doesn't care, they are making plenty of money with their thousands of paying yet unhappy subscribers. If everyone cancelled their Hulu accounts today and stopped lining their pockets for a half ass done job these execs would get it together and provide their subscribers with at least a half way decent product. So I urge you, if you are considering purchasing Hule DON'T DO IT and if you are one of the oh so many unsatisfied customers please CANCEL YOUR HULU SUBSCRIPTION!

cenaf
8/22/16

I was with Netflix for years and decided there should be a change. I began with hulu and their free week trial. I hated all the commercials, you can pay the same price everywhere else and there's none of that going on. Then I canceled on the last day so that I wouldn't be charged, besides my bank account was emptied out, so there was nothing there either way. But of course, the next day after I canceled I recieved an email that I had been charged 7.99.. I called them and told them I didn't want the subscription, which was why I canceled. The lady claimed I canceled a day late, which I told her to recheck the dates and she did. Because I canceled an hour to late I was charged and was able to watch hulu fro the next month. Oh great.. well once she figured out I didn't want it at all, she offered a refund.. which will take 3-5 business days to go through.. great! Now I'll owe a $25 overdraft fee for absolutely NOTHING. I was considering coming back for the 11.99 subscription since my kids seemed to like it a bit.. but now? Maybe if you get some DUBBED anime and not only SUBBED kind then I'll return. I was very excited to introduce my kids to Sailor Moon, but only my oldest can keep up with the subtitles.. just pure disappointment..

jacobk28
8/21/16

I watch Alot of shows on my phone from hulu.com
But now for what ever reason I have to be 0 years or older the watch my show?? Are you for real. Hulu was amazing but now they suck ass. I'm giving hulu 0 stars because that's $#*!ing ridiculous

224 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

19 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question