US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

petej

There are some ads before shows, but they're not bad. (in 44 reviews)

angelaw

it has just about every popular tv show out there and is great for when you miss your show or forgot to tivo it. (in 30 reviews)

danis29

Netflix it great for older seasons of shows and all kinds of interesting movies. (in 31 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

darrellm30
7/24/16

Seriously you pay more for their service and you can only watch one screen. SUCKS!!! And the quality you get it no where near netflix which I can watch 4 screens on.

tarar22
7/22/16

I like everything but I wish they would go back to the queue. I don't like the new watchlist. I like being able pick which episodes to have not just what hulu decides to put in there. I like having full control of but goes into my queue. And being able to remove stuff as well. Please bring back the queue. HATE watchlist.

jordanaw1
7/20/16

First off, HULU if you're going to charge for services, there shouldn't be commercials.. I can watch the shows on regular tv if I want that. Also don't up your prices to take the commercials out. Since that happened the commercials have come on more frequently and now up to 5 instead of 2 or 3 when HULU first came out. I plan on discontinuing my membership. I can record my shows and fast forward through the commercials if I want. Also some of the shows have partial seasons and sometimes not every season for the show.. What am I paying for, because now it's not the convenience.

asapr
7/10/16

Bad Customer Service.There are also too many ads.Then they ask you to pay for less ads.Really?

terih8
7/7/16

I've had Hulu for a couple years now and I have NEVER had the kind of problems I have with Hulu with any other streaming service. At one point they split my account in two where it was being charged from my credit card AND my iTunes, and when I confronted them about it they told me there was nothing they could do and so I had to cancel both accounts and re-sign up with them. And on multiple occasions I have held the account and tried to sign on and it wouldn't let me use it on my phone, it just timed out every time and they chocked it up to technical issues with my account but it worked fine on my tv. Every time I try to talk to customer service they re-route me to anyone else they can and I never get anything solved. If it weren't for the fact that they show 2 of my favorite current shows I would never re-sign with them again. As soon as I find a new streaming site that has them I will never use Hulu again. I'm tired of the terrible service.

khanhd1
7/6/16

Hulu charged me for the free one week trial, so I tried to call their customer service. I was turned away without getting any actual help. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND USING HULU.

christopherq3
7/5/16

I pay to "watch commercials on HULU" to the tune of every 6 minutes, there are a bank of 3 "ads". After the "ads" play, there is a black screen for about 15-45 seconds, which is pretty uncomfortable waiting for "something to play". When it DOES come back to the programming, it's been "cut off" and again, inconsistent.

I was watching "The 100" on Netflix, and saw the full two seasons, then came here to HULU which is ONLY playing episode 10 and above, which makes NO sense whatsoever.

The UI (User Interface) is also a MESS: It's sloppy and unorganized, making searching more difficult than need be. Searching for an entire series can be a bunch of "clips mixed in with full episodes". HULU, get your act together!

kaylaj16
6/27/16

I am currently attempting to watch a show. I am unable to even follow the line due to the fact that every 3 minutes there are about 5 ads playing. I'm becoming very fed up. I just wanted to watch a show and can't even do that. Needs to be fixed or it's going to be dropped!

kamiev
6/26/16

Very disappointed on their programming. It doesn't list all the episodes of my favorite show it skips. One minute you watch episode 4 and it skips to 23 very inconsistent. Very frustrated thank goodness I have not subscribe to it my friend told me to try it first since she already has it. I am glad I haven't cause I don't like it .....it just made me more mad cause I missed a whole lot of episodes.
Anyone out there don't waste your money on it Nexflix is better even though their behind from keeping it updated.

aprilb49
6/24/16

I'm not a fan of this site or app at all. I don't care for having to pay for anything online to watch, especially if it is not the full season or complete tv show series and they want so much money from you.. They do have free movies but mostly they are virus's...

nikkiv5
6/24/16

As a subscriber to Netflix, Amazon Video, CBS All-Access and HULU, I would have to say that when it came time to cut back, I chose to cut out HULU (there was a new Survivor season... I had to see it) because I saw the most use out of my other 3 subscriptions. When I got charged again, randomly, after being inactive for half a year, I went to the online help, and talked to a lovely helpdesk assistant, Melinda L. who was attentive, helpful and efficient. Typically, its like pulling teeth to get help with subscriptions like this, but she did a fantastic job assisting me and giving me a full refund (which I didn't ask for!).

Hulu gets a lot of crap for not being as wonderful as Netflix or Amazon, but one thing I appreciate about this site is their help. I may have to consider going back!!

rnrid
6/20/16

They make u pay extra money for "less ads", but there isn't less ads, there is the same amount, if not more than usual. they just want your damn money. Either way u have to sit through about 70 ads per show. Do your self a favor and don't subscribe.

kevinc151
6/12/16

I subscribe to Hulu, Netflix and Amazon. I find Hulu the most difficult to navigate between the three streaming services. I have also noticed Hulu seems to have as many or more commercials as regular network TV. This bothers me quit a bit. Don't usually do reviews, but I have surprisingly found myself considering canceling Hulu because of this.

yoshib
6/12/16

Had it 2 weeks, limitless glitches of all sorts including limited access as well as the one of the least intuitive layouts on its apps, do not expect this software to run smoothly or logically, extremely bad and gets frustrating. Not worth

summero
6/5/16

Please tell me why you take off show
Love Hulu but this makes me mad
WTH WTF

lisas290
5/24/16

PLEASE PICK UP THE ABC SHOW " THE FAMILY" !!!! EVERYONE AT MY WORK AND WHERE I LIVE LOVE THAT SHOW

anniem58
5/22/16

HULU is too Slow. The scene clips lag behind and i have to move cursor forward or backward to catch up. Very Frustrating.

jillm64
5/16/16

I signed up for the free one week trial and it said your trial will expire on May 15th. So on the 15th I canceled the trial and it said that I was charged the $7.99 fee. I called Hulu, they said they couldn't refund me the money back, so I asked to speak to someone higher up. The supervisor came on the phone and told me no he couldn't refund me the money back. I told him the site was very misleading when it said the trial would expire on the 15th. It didn't say it would charge me on the 15th. Needless to say I will never have Hulu again, I didn't think the site was all that great to begin with. No wonder Netflix is ahead of them. Their customer service stinks. I think they should get new supervisors that know how to give good customer service and the site would be so much better.

rosannel2
5/2/16

I have canceled cable and am now using Hulu for majority of my TV viewing. I do wish, however, that it would make a deal for more stations, such as BBC, AMC, etc.

bobj102
4/30/16

I use the service, but the amount of political ads are to much. They only portray a single opinion and seem overly targeted. This could be because only one group is purchasing ads for political use but they appear more often then any other any other ad and I have yet to see a way to disable these ads. I'm planing to continue using the service but if I find out that these ads were not purchased or are being over represented by Hulu in an attempt to manipulate political views then I will be dropping the service and will endeavor to convince my friends to do the same.

rebeccae26
4/22/16

I have been watching programs on Hulu plus for 2 months now. The program selections are amazing, I can not believe I am able to watch so many popular shows without the annoying commercials. The series episodes come on one after the other barely skipping a beat..it's such an enjoyable experience. Thank you Hulu for all of the exciting programs..

robertc237
4/21/16

Lets get right into it, i dont mind adds at all. What i mind is them only having the last 5 episodes of the most popular series on the app. I get it, partnerships and content owners and all that but REALLY? I pay good money every month for hulu plus and i only get the 5 latest episodes of my favorite shows. Thats not good buisiness. Thats a scam. Im switching over to netflix ASAP. If youre thinking of watching Gotham, or the new flash just buy them. You cant watch the first seasons or even the begining to the second. And shows like archer are waaay behind. Dont wasye your money.

jimmym63
4/16/16

You get what you pay for! If you`re looking through the movies,tv,etcYou find one and decide not to watch it,you click back and are directed to the first one! You have to navigate ahead and find were you left off......inconvenient-frustrating.All of the commercials,so repetitive.If HuLu raises their price,I will cancel,out.Netflix is so much better

franciscof18
4/10/16

I had no issues canceling my service and they even provided a refund. Great ethics for a company. Are a company that I would do business with again in the future

shemg
4/4/16

I have Hulu and every time I am watching a show it stops or goes mute. I heard a few good things about Hulu and it seems they were all lies because I am very unsatisfied with the streaming ability or the way it goes mute, freezes, stops. I can never watch anything on it and I would like a refund honestly

224 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question