US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

mariannef8
2/25/17

I like to know how HULU gets three and a half stars when most of the ratings are disturbing. Who runs this company. According to what I read the ads are all in Spanish.Which is one of the complaints. What happened to the English language. I was under the impression where you live you learn their language. It's outrageous how you cheat, lie and steal money and they get three and a half rating. If this was a court case you will be in jail. Is this something wrong with this picture ???

helenb81
2/21/17

Buffering...always buffering. Hope you don't like a show...because buffering interrupts it. Hulu sucks

toia1
2/19/17

it was fraud on my acct payments taken for another acct and they wont give me any info on this matter but in the mean while my hulu is on hold for payment this is a scam to me and cindy disconnecting with me because i wanted a refund i will be asking of a boycott of this company how do you take my money and 1st answer to my issue is "we can delete your acct" thats no help at all sad this day and age everyone will try to get over on you #boycotthulu go to netfilx i have had no issues with this company to date got them both at the same time...#boycotthulu #boycotthulu #boycotthulu #boycotthulu

Tip for consumers: Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have if you'd like to reply to this email, but I understand that some issues are easier to resolve over the phone. You can reach us here in the office at (877) HULU-411. We're here from 5am-10pm PT, and we're happy to help.
this is considered help when you have fraud done to your acct...#boycotthulu

erikd18
2/12/17

I'm just disgruntled because I don't understand why Hulu won't sell me a subscription because live overseas. If I lived in the USA I wouldn't need a bloody subscription to watch the shows. I would gladly pay for it... tell me how much... money no object! On iTunes they let me install, sign up for a trial... and then tell me there is an "error".

amandas198
2/12/17

I sign up for the trial period.You are asked to choose what types of movies or shows that interest you/or NOT .I chose only three British, Korean and one other. Then you are asked to rate films and shows if you are interested or NOT. Well after all this, and thinking this will be a great customized experience. A JOKE list of TOP PICKS FOR ME.. all the shows I chose I DON NOT LIKE come up. I wasted all that time. Very little of the three choices of what I did like came up. So its basically POINTLESS to even waste your time with this "feature' that will help you to find shows you like. So that was annoying. And worse of all.. when you are watching a show and the commercials come, 1/2 the time after the commercials there is a black screen for several minutes, then maybe about 1/4 of the times this happens..you get to watch the show, and maybe it will just stay on the black screen..or give you "Playback Failure" and you press the 'OK' button given on screen, and again several minutes maybe another playback failure or you may get to watch the commercials you just did AGAIN, and another several minutes of black screen.. and if you are thinking, after many minutes of black, this isnt working.. I will start again. You can start alll over, finding your show again and.. starting FROM THE START of the show.. well DONT TRY and fast forward, because you think you have past to the part you left off... and it will take you to the commercials.. again. AND guess what happens then? Black screen. THis is not a network problem on my end. This service is not worth my time and frustrations if it were FOR FREE.

andil4
2/8/17

I go to Hulu if Netflix doesn't have what I want to watch, but the ads just aggravate me a lot. Like Netflix, this also crashes at times.

phillipp29
2/5/17

The first day I tried Hulu, I have been having nothing but trouble. I was charged during my first week's trial. I tried to place a complaint and no response on line or by phone. Watched a movie and it continuously was buffering. I was able to cancel it for the end of the month. Read reviews that people still charged. I do not trust Hulu worth anything, so, will cancel debit card and get a new one before end of month. Also, I found no good original shows to watch, and, the selection is no better than Netflix. Netflix is far better than Hulu. I am going to file a complaint with Better Business this week, because, Hulu is horrible!

waden1
2/2/17

I have no complaint besides no dragon ball z. You have dragon ball and dragon ball gt and it's not in English... CMON how are people supposed to watch it in japenesse?!?!?!!,!? Please fix this

chelseac27
1/27/17

I watched 6 hours worth of episodes of family guy, then realized I was on my cellular data and not wifi. I check my data usage and it had on used .8 gb FOR SIX HOURS OF STREAMING. Whereas Netflix uses up to 3gb per hour. I also love how they update per episode instead of per season

jenniferp135
1/21/17

Hulu is always buffering we spend more time waiting for the movie to come back on then actually watching the movie it's absolutely terrible

gailv7
1/18/17

Signed up for free week, then saw all the complaints online about impossible to cancel after free trial so canceled after 2 days on line through Hulu as instructions said. Never used it, took it off menu. Found out today the have been charging my credit card, was on line 80 minutes, 47 on hold waiting for Hulu rep who was nasty and hung up onRoku rep and me. Spent my on hold time spreading the word. I consider Roku complicit. They know how Hulufunctions and participate, warned me wait would be impossibly long.

robinc77
1/12/17

First, Hulu stopped accepting my password. It took many attempts over several days to reset password. Second, they don't provide a means to cancel subscription. It's all circular runarounds. Impossible to contact Hulu. Enormous waste of time. In the end, I had to cancel my credit card. Hateful, fraudulent company.

cac26
1/7/17

Hulu is mediocre. Hulu+ isn't worth it. The selection is ok & changes seldom. For current movies, there's RedBox & your local cheapo theatre for a matinee or inexpensive night out (without the popcorn & drinks). There's also the public library & youtube. Hulu disappointed me when after an intentionally deactivated account I was no longer using was reactivated without my knowledge or permission & my credit card was charged.

cassandrab20
1/4/17

This is the second time HULU has billed my credit card when no service is owned. The first time, they charged me for the free preview. This time I was away from home with a sick relative and they charged my card when my account was on hold. They have be impossible to contact so I am forced to cancel a service I enjoyed when home because of credit card misuse. I tried to call and stayed on hold for 45 minutes without service. They have a call back service that hasn't called back. There chat also did not work. What good are they without customer service?

aprils68
12/28/16

I canceled 2 days after my billing date. Saw it with my own eyes & said "are you sure you want to cancel & clicked YES! I got billed the next month & I called Hulu they blamed roku, roku could not find me. This is a joke. The only thing they are good at is blaming Hulu & roku. They are both a damn joke. It's easier going to the library.

sonjam8
12/23/16

I got tired of high prices tho cable compiles and thought I could live with watching shows a day late, then come to find out some shows only let them have the 1st season and that sucked not being able to finish a slow but I did like that I could let the kids watch a show and I could watch a grown up show, after 4 yrs they stopped letting me do that so I went to hulu support just to be told it's always been their policy to only let one device watch, so I'm looking into other options really not worth the 8 dollars a month for half of the episodes n no hd

jbs5
12/14/16

I have hulu .Netflix and CBS..and by far hulu sucks ...it can't figure out how to load and stream more than one episode constantly claims to retrieving..but never does..wish I could find competition to switch to .. hate hulu

leahn9
12/14/16

I have tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. Everyday I have to log in again. Everytime I try to, it tells me it's not the correct email or password. It's the same one we have used since we got it. Trying to log in through Facebook is just as bad. You want to charge us for your crappy "service"? I'll tell everyone forever, to just stick with Netflix. HULU IS HORRIBLE!

travisc26
11/14/16

Every other commercial is in Spanish for months now. It's really annoying. I canceled solely for this issue. I contacted them, was told "they were working on it"..... a month later, still no fix. There's way better providers other than Hulu.

johnb727
11/14/16

They have too many commercials and not many good shows to watch. And it constantly stops to buffer.

kennethm76
11/7/16

I have been contacting HULU for 5 months to cancel there no good service; they "HULU" will not cancel and quit charging my credit card. Even disputed the charges with the card service and the denied 2 months of charges. But sure as day they continue to charge my card
Just sent them a final request and damn well will contact the attorney general and have them take over from this point. My advice don't do as I did because you will regret the choice and be ripped off for a long time.

kurth28
11/5/16

Limited movie choices; PBS old material is fine. Much is ok, but
the Gay movies are few and not recent. Access to other sites is good but you might access them elsewhere.

henryl53
11/4/16

I don't like ads with my pay service on hulu, but the quality of the pictures are good and the selection matches my taste, but every time if I have something that need to get a human being to resolve, doesn't matter a phone call or a chat, the "Standard" wait time is always 30 min. that's totally not acceptable.

ak561
10/25/16

Hulu has been charging me for service for the past 2 years without honoring my cancellation. They recognized I had not used it for 2 years but did not acknowledge my cancellation and would only offer 3 month credit. It was a terrible service for streaming and was not worth the price to begin with and now I am out about $150 for their mistake! Do not subscribe unless you want a bad experience. I HAVE to give them 1 star to submit but they deserve a zero star rating!!!

bretw6
10/20/16

Waste of money, they say no ads if you pay. YET they still give you ads.

224 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

21 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 12/30/16
Answer
montereyb
Monterey B.
A: Don't do it. They suck massive puppy sh!t. I have a download speed of 60 Mbps, and their content still won't stream smoothly. F@ck Hulu, and BS claims they make.
2 weeks, 4 days ago