Review of Hulu

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

neetum1
3/26/17

Hulu has a huge disadvantage. Not only do they force you to watch ads unlike both Netflix and Amazon, they run the same few ads over and over and over again. It's so annoying that you feel like boycotting both the companies who run their ads on hulu and hulu itself. I always think twice about watching something on hulu, because it's totally insane to watch a show where you have to see the exact same commercials 6-7 times per episode.

bobp75
3/23/17

Every time I log on, it's an uphill battle to resume. I want to watch a series. It's starts with commercials, wrong episode, go back, try again, more commercials, wrong episode, go back, more commercials. I can't find any links to any directory. They don't keep a record of my choices like Netflix ( they're good ) does, they don't provide a "next episode", it's more like a jig saw puzzle trying to use their site. And no customer service online. What a bunch of Turkeys.

jessac4
3/14/17

I used the free trial. It wouldn't continue playing the episode after I would shut my laptop. I would have to go back or forward an episode. Didn't renew when the free trial was up. Not worth $20/month to me.

samanthas103
3/11/17

I love sitcoms, where are they, no black sitcoms a different world were on there etc no classics I use to have Hulu before I renew my subscription and it is not the same, therefore I cancelled it.

mauram4
3/10/17

Where is the Daily show? Don't tell me because Travol Noah speaking about "Him" you taking him out it is my favorite show so is time to looking for another streaming tv show , Sad!!

lorettal12
3/7/17

I never ordered the service but am being charged every month on my credit card.
This company is a SCAM

saraha128
3/1/17

I have 100mbs fiber optic internet and the wireless modem and router is set up within 20 feet of the main tv. Every few minutes, no kidding, the streaming fails or voice stops playing in all 4 smart tvs that are brand new across the house??? Impossible that my internet or hardware has anything to do with it because hardware is brand new and it's fiber optics with steady connections that speed test confirms. How do I know for a fact that Hulu sucks?? Because Xbox live never fails to stream online and neither does Netflix. The outages and server failures are all verified through Hulu website showing constant outages. I'll stick to anything but Hulu, great concept but horrible execution. Keep your rates at 4.99 with no commercials and I'll reconsider. Ain't nobody got time for this.

janiceg43
3/1/17

I got a coupon to get 45 days free service. I attempted to redeem it and could not find the location to enter the code.
I spent over 30 minutes trying to look for it. I found the customer service phone number (which is not conveniently posted). I got the "long wait" msg and decided to put in the star for callback to my phone.
Nearly an hour later,I received a call back from an agent named Bethany. I started to tell her my issue and 15 seconds into the call the phone disconnected.
I immediately called back customer service and got the same "long wait" msg.
Well....HULU...YOU can have a long wait in perdition before I ever consider your service again.
After reading many of the reviews here,I feel I dodged a bullet. Thank you..

mariannef8
2/25/17

I like to know how HULU gets three and a half stars when most of the ratings are disturbing. Who runs this company. According to what I read the ads are all in Spanish.Which is one of the complaints. What happened to the English language. I was under the impression where you live you learn their language. It's outrageous how you cheat, lie and steal money and they get three and a half rating. If this was a court case you will be in jail. Is this something wrong with this picture ???

helenb81
2/21/17

Buffering...always buffering. Hope you don't like a show...because buffering interrupts it. Hulu sucks

toia1
2/19/17

it was fraud on my acct payments taken for another acct and they wont give me any info on this matter but in the mean while my hulu is on hold for payment this is a scam to me and cindy disconnecting with me because i wanted a refund i will be asking of a boycott of this company how do you take my money and 1st answer to my issue is "we can delete your acct" thats no help at all sad this day and age everyone will try to get over on you #boycotthulu go to netfilx i have had no issues with this company to date got them both at the same time...#boycotthulu #boycotthulu #boycotthulu #boycotthulu

Tip for consumers: Thanks for getting in touch with us. I'd be happy to answer any questions you have if you'd like to reply to this email, but I understand that some issues are easier to resolve over the phone. You can reach us here in the office at (877) HULU-411. We're here from 5am-10pm PT, and we're happy to help.
this is considered help when you have fraud done to your acct...#boycotthulu

erikd18
2/12/17

I'm just disgruntled because I don't understand why Hulu won't sell me a subscription because live overseas. If I lived in the USA I wouldn't need a bloody subscription to watch the shows. I would gladly pay for it... tell me how much... money no object! On iTunes they let me install, sign up for a trial... and then tell me there is an "error".

amandas198
2/12/17

I sign up for the trial period.You are asked to choose what types of movies or shows that interest you/or NOT .I chose only three British, Korean and one other. Then you are asked to rate films and shows if you are interested or NOT. Well after all this, and thinking this will be a great customized experience. A JOKE list of TOP PICKS FOR ME.. all the shows I chose I DON NOT LIKE come up. I wasted all that time. Very little of the three choices of what I did like came up. So its basically POINTLESS to even waste your time with this "feature' that will help you to find shows you like. So that was annoying. And worse of all.. when you are watching a show and the commercials come, 1/2 the time after the commercials there is a black screen for several minutes, then maybe about 1/4 of the times this happens..you get to watch the show, and maybe it will just stay on the black screen..or give you "Playback Failure" and you press the 'OK' button given on screen, and again several minutes maybe another playback failure or you may get to watch the commercials you just did AGAIN, and another several minutes of black screen.. and if you are thinking, after many minutes of black, this isnt working.. I will start again. You can start alll over, finding your show again and.. starting FROM THE START of the show.. well DONT TRY and fast forward, because you think you have past to the part you left off... and it will take you to the commercials.. again. AND guess what happens then? Black screen. THis is not a network problem on my end. This service is not worth my time and frustrations if it were FOR FREE.

andil4
2/8/17

I go to Hulu if Netflix doesn't have what I want to watch, but the ads just aggravate me a lot. Like Netflix, this also crashes at times.

phillipp29
2/5/17

The first day I tried Hulu, I have been having nothing but trouble. I was charged during my first week's trial. I tried to place a complaint and no response on line or by phone. Watched a movie and it continuously was buffering. I was able to cancel it for the end of the month. Read reviews that people still charged. I do not trust Hulu worth anything, so, will cancel debit card and get a new one before end of month. Also, I found no good original shows to watch, and, the selection is no better than Netflix. Netflix is far better than Hulu. I am going to file a complaint with Better Business this week, because, Hulu is horrible!

waden1
2/2/17

I have no complaint besides no dragon ball z. You have dragon ball and dragon ball gt and it's not in English... CMON how are people supposed to watch it in japenesse?!?!?!!,!? Please fix this

chelseac27
1/27/17

I watched 6 hours worth of episodes of family guy, then realized I was on my cellular data and not wifi. I check my data usage and it had on used .8 gb FOR SIX HOURS OF STREAMING. Whereas Netflix uses up to 3gb per hour. I also love how they update per episode instead of per season

jenniferp135
1/21/17

Hulu is always buffering we spend more time waiting for the movie to come back on then actually watching the movie it's absolutely terrible

gailv7
1/18/17

Signed up for free week, then saw all the complaints online about impossible to cancel after free trial so canceled after 2 days on line through Hulu as instructions said. Never used it, took it off menu. Found out today the have been charging my credit card, was on line 80 minutes, 47 on hold waiting for Hulu rep who was nasty and hung up onRoku rep and me. Spent my on hold time spreading the word. I consider Roku complicit. They know how Hulufunctions and participate, warned me wait would be impossibly long.

robinc77
1/12/17

First, Hulu stopped accepting my password. It took many attempts over several days to reset password. Second, they don't provide a means to cancel subscription. It's all circular runarounds. Impossible to contact Hulu. Enormous waste of time. In the end, I had to cancel my credit card. Hateful, fraudulent company.

cac26
1/7/17

Hulu is mediocre. Hulu+ isn't worth it. The selection is ok & changes seldom. For current movies, there's RedBox & your local cheapo theatre for a matinee or inexpensive night out (without the popcorn & drinks). There's also the public library & youtube. Hulu disappointed me when after an intentionally deactivated account I was no longer using was reactivated without my knowledge or permission & my credit card was charged.

cassandrab20
1/4/17

This is the second time HULU has billed my credit card when no service is owned. The first time, they charged me for the free preview. This time I was away from home with a sick relative and they charged my card when my account was on hold. They have be impossible to contact so I am forced to cancel a service I enjoyed when home because of credit card misuse. I tried to call and stayed on hold for 45 minutes without service. They have a call back service that hasn't called back. There chat also did not work. What good are they without customer service?

aprils68
12/28/16

I canceled 2 days after my billing date. Saw it with my own eyes & said "are you sure you want to cancel & clicked YES! I got billed the next month & I called Hulu they blamed roku, roku could not find me. This is a joke. The only thing they are good at is blaming Hulu & roku. They are both a damn joke. It's easier going to the library.

sonjam8
12/23/16

I got tired of high prices tho cable compiles and thought I could live with watching shows a day late, then come to find out some shows only let them have the 1st season and that sucked not being able to finish a slow but I did like that I could let the kids watch a show and I could watch a grown up show, after 4 yrs they stopped letting me do that so I went to hulu support just to be told it's always been their policy to only let one device watch, so I'm looking into other options really not worth the 8 dollars a month for half of the episodes n no hd

jbs5
12/14/16

I have hulu .Netflix and CBS..and by far hulu sucks ...it can't figure out how to load and stream more than one episode constantly claims to retrieving..but never does..wish I could find competition to switch to .. hate hulu

224 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

21 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
royc206
Roy C.
on 2/23/17
Answer
gailv7
Gail V.
A: Good luck with that. They are crooks. If you like the British, Canadian and Australian things, Acorn is a terrific deal. I am not affiliated with anybody.
4 weeks ago
on 12/30/16
Answer
montereyb
Monterey B.
A: Don't do it. They suck massive puppy sh!t. I have a download speed of 60 Mbps, and their content still won't stream smoothly. F@ck Hulu, and BS claims they make.
on 2/7/17