US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

kaitlynp6
9/25/16

I'm getting tired of every time I got to watch something on Hulu it either freezes on me and skips ahead or even stops playing in the middle of the show saying an "sorry an error has occurred while streaming this video. We apologize doe any inconvenience" for the price I pay I shouldn't be having this problem and I paid for this instead of Netflix because it had more shows I watch than Netflix did but at this point I'm thinking about going back to Netflix cause at least I didn't have such an issue like I do now. No it's not my wifi either because I've taken my laptop where they have really good wifi with no problems and I still get the same issue I shouldn't have to deal with it

ryann40
9/20/16

I'm sick of logging into hulu and not being able to see anything but ad's. I am able to hear the shows, but not see them. I'm so over it! happens constantly, so unreliable! Back to Netflix!

charleso25
9/16/16

While I respect what they are trying to do as a service, I feel like they have always suffered from poor execution.

wendio
9/15/16

I have had Netflix for year's. I've never had a billing issue with them. Ever. I recently decided to switch from Netflix to Hulu. They advertise 2 free weeks, however when you get on the site, it's ONE WEEK. At least Netflix gave us a MONTH FREE & still do. However, I still think Hulu is a better deal. When I tried to sign-up, i was denied because their system doesn't recognize my Zip Code!! I live in a very small town that unfortunately has 4 different zip codes. No matter what card I use, it won't work. Their IT couldn't even figure it out. But, it explains why 1/3 of my City can't have Hulu. Guess we will stay with Netflix, who have no problem with my Zip Code. Sorry Hulu, I tried.

michelleo20
9/13/16

I have Netflix, but thought I'd check out HULU since Netflix charge went up from $7.99 to $9.99. When watching TV shows there's commercials you can't fast forward through! The movies are all old. When I went to cancel, an extended 2 week free trial popped up. There was a couple shows my kids watched so I did the extension. The next day they charged me $7.99!!! I've been emailing them complaining and they will not refund because we used the service during free trial! What BS! BAD SERVICE< BAD MOVIES=BAD BUSINESS!!

sarahj152
9/8/16

Do not use this service! Has $#*!ty shows, bad service, and an unhelpful staff. They leave you completely on your own! F this business!

ellym6
9/8/16

I put my Hulu billing on hold in July of this year KNOWING I wouldn't have the money to pay for it and just about 2 weeks ago, I come to find that not only was I charged for the month of July, but for the month of August as well. On top of this, I was charged by my bank an overdraft fee of $36. The only thing Hulu did when I called was reimburse me for both July and August and now will reimburse me for the month of June despite the fact that I am a student with no money to pay the overdraft fee. It is not the bank, nor I that is at fault but it's Hulu and they're refusing to pay for my fee. Worst service ever.

donnab54
9/5/16

I thought it was free for a month......my account was charged Commercials, buffering, NO THANKS!

angelaj38
8/29/16

If you are considering spending money on Hulu DON'T DO IT! I can get past the annoying commercials, I knew that was part of the deal when I signed up. I cannot however, get past the fact that I can not make it more than 10 minutes into any given program without constant skipping and buffering. I have yet to successfully watch a full episode of anything. Please do not tell me to do a speed test or check my router I am not an idiot, and furthermore, why is it that Netflix and Amazon seem to work perfectly fine without us speed testing or upgrading internet speeds, bandwidths etc. I will tell you why. Because Hulu doesn't care, they are making plenty of money with their thousands of paying yet unhappy subscribers. If everyone cancelled their Hulu accounts today and stopped lining their pockets for a half ass done job these execs would get it together and provide their subscribers with at least a half way decent product. So I urge you, if you are considering purchasing Hule DON'T DO IT and if you are one of the oh so many unsatisfied customers please CANCEL YOUR HULU SUBSCRIPTION!

cenaf
8/22/16

I was with Netflix for years and decided there should be a change. I began with hulu and their free week trial. I hated all the commercials, you can pay the same price everywhere else and there's none of that going on. Then I canceled on the last day so that I wouldn't be charged, besides my bank account was emptied out, so there was nothing there either way. But of course, the next day after I canceled I recieved an email that I had been charged 7.99.. I called them and told them I didn't want the subscription, which was why I canceled. The lady claimed I canceled a day late, which I told her to recheck the dates and she did. Because I canceled an hour to late I was charged and was able to watch hulu fro the next month. Oh great.. well once she figured out I didn't want it at all, she offered a refund.. which will take 3-5 business days to go through.. great! Now I'll owe a $25 overdraft fee for absolutely NOTHING. I was considering coming back for the 11.99 subscription since my kids seemed to like it a bit.. but now? Maybe if you get some DUBBED anime and not only SUBBED kind then I'll return. I was very excited to introduce my kids to Sailor Moon, but only my oldest can keep up with the subtitles.. just pure disappointment..

jacobk28
8/21/16

I watch Alot of shows on my phone from hulu.com
But now for what ever reason I have to be 0 years or older the watch my show?? Are you for real. Hulu was amazing but now they suck ass. I'm giving hulu 0 stars because that's $#*!ing ridiculous

erikg26
8/20/16

Many commercials and less movies also slow

amyg91
8/16/16

Hulu is a waste of your money for these 4 reasons.

1. Commercials! They are a waste of your time, & they play the same one over & over & over!!! & if you accidentally back out of your video or close out your page, you will have to watch the same commercials again!!!!!

2. Often doesn't even work!!! Not only do the videos just say "unavailable" sometimes for no reason, but the captions never work!!! Why have a caption option if when they are on, they won't show up!!!!

3. Limited shows. Need I say more? There's only one show I'll watch on here!

4. Price. $7.99 a month. Amazon has every show imaginable & it's $49 a year!!! That's just a little over $4 a month!

leslied31
8/15/16

I pay so I don't have to suffer thru commercials when I watch now their plan is pay even more if you want no commercials... Their content is not that unique so they are being cancelled I'll stick with Netflix.

aval12
8/14/16

I've had many problems with Hulu, such as being too slow or getting messages in the middle of watching shows such as "This video is currently unavailable" etc. I pay the SAME price for Netflix and don't have to watch all the commercials! But what is most infuriating is that I go to see what programs are offered, add them to my watchlist, but when I go to watch them, I get a page asking me to sign in to my TV provider to be able to watch! They are not really available through Hulu, but through some cable providers, which you must have a subscription and online account to watch! Since I don't have cable (which is why I have Hulu!) I can't watch most of the shows I chose from Hulu led me to believe were available. But guess what? I've found streaming sites that have most of these shows available for FREE with full seasons available. So this will be my last month paying for crappy Hulu!

marsham21
8/6/16

I was recently going over my bank account and noted that Hulu was debiting my account twice every month. I called Hulu customer service and was advised they indeed were debiting double monthly. I asked that he check my account for further months and learned the double debits had been going on for 10 months. They politely said the system sometimes creates two accounts and offered to close one account. No mention of refunding the money until I asked. He said he could only refund three months. Then I asked who can refund the balance. He said his manager can refund another three months but in order to get the remaining 4 months I will have to contact my bank. The programming is great and the customer service is professional but inadequate in satisfying this situation,. Be aware of your bank debits by Hulu!!!!!

grayb
8/5/16

Since I bought my subscription my whole family instantly fell in love in Hulu hehe :)

alis860
8/2/16

I'm pretty satisfied with hulu, but wtf is up with the ridiculously small search letters!!!! I've contemplated cancelling it just for this reason. I have 20/20 vision and freaking need a magnifying glass to type in the letters to find a show. I'm using my wii to stream hulu, so not sure if it's just an issue related to the wii or what but really...step it up hulu and enlarge the letters!

vanessaw24
7/28/16

I only got Hulu for this past year in college because my dorm didn't have cable in the bedroom. It was good for that, but now that I'm back home and will be in a newer dorm this fall, I have no use for this. Only subscribed in addition to Netflix so that I could watch American Idol since I had no cable. The ads ruin it. May pick it back up at some point, but probably not. Also had a lot of issues with the streaming regardless of how good my internet was and in the case that an ad didn't load properly, the whole thing would get messed up and I'd have to close the app/refresh the screen in order to try to watch again.

Netflix is better, and has no ads. Netflix is a good supplement to cable. Hulu is only of any value if you don't have cable.

darrellm30
7/24/16

Seriously you pay more for their service and you can only watch one screen. SUCKS!!! And the quality you get it no where near netflix which I can watch 4 screens on.

tarar22
7/22/16

I like everything but I wish they would go back to the queue. I don't like the new watchlist. I like being able pick which episodes to have not just what hulu decides to put in there. I like having full control of but goes into my queue. And being able to remove stuff as well. Please bring back the queue. HATE watchlist.

jordanaw1
7/20/16

First off, HULU if you're going to charge for services, there shouldn't be commercials.. I can watch the shows on regular tv if I want that. Also don't up your prices to take the commercials out. Since that happened the commercials have come on more frequently and now up to 5 instead of 2 or 3 when HULU first came out. I plan on discontinuing my membership. I can record my shows and fast forward through the commercials if I want. Also some of the shows have partial seasons and sometimes not every season for the show.. What am I paying for, because now it's not the convenience.

asapr
7/10/16

Bad Customer Service.There are also too many ads.Then they ask you to pay for less ads.Really?

terih8
7/7/16

I've had Hulu for a couple years now and I have NEVER had the kind of problems I have with Hulu with any other streaming service. At one point they split my account in two where it was being charged from my credit card AND my iTunes, and when I confronted them about it they told me there was nothing they could do and so I had to cancel both accounts and re-sign up with them. And on multiple occasions I have held the account and tried to sign on and it wouldn't let me use it on my phone, it just timed out every time and they chocked it up to technical issues with my account but it worked fine on my tv. Every time I try to talk to customer service they re-route me to anyone else they can and I never get anything solved. If it weren't for the fact that they show 2 of my favorite current shows I would never re-sign with them again. As soon as I find a new streaming site that has them I will never use Hulu again. I'm tired of the terrible service.

khanhd1
7/6/16

Hulu charged me for the free one week trial, so I tried to call their customer service. I was turned away without getting any actual help. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND USING HULU.

224 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question