Review of Hulu

huludomains@hulu.com
2017 Customer choice award

yleel
10/19/17

I got this to watch sports live. It works fine if you stay on one channel/game. If you try to switch between two games then each time you switch it makes you watch 3 minutes of commercials before you can get to the live again. This makes watching multiple live sports impossible.

wesleyb46
10/19/17

I was a die hard Hulu fan and customer for years. The rolled out their "New User Experience", claiming it was aimed at making it easier for us to find what we want to watch. The opposite happened. It takes endless scrolling, searching, browsing to find anything. There is no Live TV programming guide. Whats currently airing live is grouped in with on-demand content. I found myself watching a day old newscast due to a recording being mixed in with live. This change was too much for me to waste my time on. I cancelled my account. I will sit back and wait to see if they rework the UI to something usable. In the meantime I have Amazon prime and Netflix.

katherinel45
10/18/17

The new interface and changes are complete garbage, I dont recommend it. Sorry I just upgraded, what a joke!

verenat

Hello,
I just got off the phone with hulu customer service.
They won't reset my firestick because the hotspot has trouble maintaining my IP address. After 4 times, I can't get a 3 second fix on their side.
Hulu rep was $#*!y, tried to tell me "she can't change technology" and "it's the internet". Well, I'm over educated and don't need her pale explanation.

tylers76
10/18/17

As much as I hate to hand out a 2 star rating to any kind of service I have no choice but to give it to Hulu. If it weren't for the quality of the content I'd give it a 1 star rating.

After the app was updated to the new interface I have experience an extreme amount of lost connections while viewing Hulu programs. My Roku TV is hard-wired to my router with a download speed of 120mbps which is plenty fast enough for anything I want to watch. All ethernet ports on the router produce the same result of dropped connections with Hulu, while all other apps (Sling, Netflix, Amazon, Plex) function flwlessly. Switching ports does not make anything better or worse. Currently I am 19 minutes in to an episode of one of your original programs and it's lost connection 10 times.

Secondly, the interface is quite beautiful, but ultimately it's hard to navigate. As a fan of windows 10 and the "Metro" interface I was excited to see this revision to the app, however this is somewhat difficult to navigate. By "somewhat" I mean it's terrible. Not sure how they can fix this since I'm not an interface expert, but it needs to be done.

The biggest problem is the connection issue. Resetting the TV and reinstalling the ap fresh has made no difference.

boby23
10/17/17

Why.... why did you kill a decent interface and replace it with complete frustrating garbage. Dont subscribe to Hulu until the interface is corrected.

darinb14
10/16/17

As someone who has cut the cable and now rely on Hulu, Amazon Prime, Netflix, HBOGo, and CBS All Access, I thought I should review them. I give 4 stars because I find myself watching Hulu more than the rest. It was worth it to me to spring for the no commercial version. If that wasn't extra, I'd give 5 stars. The UI is kind of lame, but the content is current and commercial free.

billm214
10/13/17

I don't have a credit card, don't want to buy a Hulu gift card for the trial period because it's $25 and if I don't like it I am stuck.
So I bought a pre-paid Visa, tried to use it, but it won't accept it. Chatted with "Nina" and she told me I can't use it because funds may not be available when it's time to auto-renew.
Gee... If only there were a way to prevent people from using their service if they don't pay...
No, they want to auto-bill you and would rather lose you as a customer than risk having you (Heaven forbid) NOT RENEW.

Idiots.

judyl70
10/11/17

What have you done?Fix it or we're leaving Hulu.Hard to get the programs I want to watch.Cannot select the episodes.Very dissatisfied customer!

km189
10/10/17

After a long day of work of dealing with idiot coworkers and demanding customers, I'd like to come home, have a beverage and watch some shows. Except now I'm watching colors change with every scroll of the remote like I'm at a techno dance festival, then I'm searching for - which was never an issue - a damn show I was hoping to binge watch until I fell asleep on the couch like I did the night before! "You just have to get used to the change" they say. Listen, watching TV shouldn't be a struggle, it's an escape from the struggles of life. Thanks for adding to my $#*! day Hulu.

jessw38
10/10/17

I hope Hulu gets shut down soon. I would give it negative 5 stars, but it wont let me. All I tried to do was delete one profile on the new stupid updated version and it turned into me waiting on the $#*!ing phone for 45 minutes. $#*! Hulu.

garretta11
10/10/17

To be honest I like some of the ways Hulu does things, those reasons are the reason they are still in business. But overall Hulu is not an honorable service.
Pros:
-New content and live: Its the only thing that they have over the competition. They get new contact soon after the streaming date, and if you pay the ridiculously high price you can also watch few and certain things live, which is actually pretty cool.
Cons:
- Commercials: Are you kidding me Hulu, a streaming service with commercials is counter-productive. Its one of the reasons people love to use streaming services. But Hulu has a lot of commercials that become even more annoying than using Sattellite TV. I see it as greedy, your making enough money without forcing us to watch commercials every five minutes. Maybe a commercial a video, or similar to YouTube advertisement which is pretty fantastic, but this is too much.
- Multi Device Restrictions: This one really pisses me off. Hulu only lets you watch on one device at a time. If my brothers watching Brooklyn Nine-Nine, I should be able to watch This is Us on another tv. Once again Hulu is counter productive to the streaming service name, I should be able to stream from several sources at the same time. Once again a greedy way to make people pay more money in sacrifice for a decent product experience.
- Hulu Originals (Liberals): Now obviously this one can be a Pro if you agree with Hulus originals content, (please for goodness sake dont think this is a pro, I pray you for you if you do). It wouldnt be that bad if they were just liberals, but still decent minded, but when you look at the Hulu original content you see that they arent decent minded at all. For example they made a film negative to Ronald Reagan. Ill say that again because I know its hard to process. I negative film of Ronald mother freaking Reagan. Ya, theyve gone off the deep end. You can see a lot of other Hulu originals following suit of Liberal and Socialist beliefs such as LBGT rights, and even a little bit of weird anti- Christian stuff.
Im not expert critic or anything, and to be honest there are a couple reasons that will sometimes draw me to watch Hulu because of the new content they have. But as you can read, I am anti-Hulu all the way.

nicholew11
10/10/17

The new Hulu UI is beyond bad! I hate it every time I try to navigate it. I have been a devoted Hulu customer for almost two years but now I want to cancel my subscription. Using the format is stressful and annoying. It makes relaxing with some good tv impossible. Replacing pic icons with poorly fonted words seems like we've traveled to the past...in a terrible way. Hulu was excellent...so why the changes? I had my favorite shows and movies right there when I went on. The episodes up to date to where I've last watched so I could continue on. Click and play. Period. Easy. Wonderful. Going on Hulu now is always like starting all over and it is terrible!!! Now after many clicks and pages I get to the episode list and have to choose a new episode each time. Then one episode ends and I have to start the misery all over. I am annoyed every time. Is this going to change Hulu??? I am giving it a short time in the hopes the format will go back to something user friendly like it was. If it hasn't I will cancel my subscription. I've sung Hulu's praises in the past. I wouldn't recommend it to anyone now.
#verydisappointedcustomer

ronaldb109
10/10/17

They should pay you to watch HULU, instead of you paying them. It is so bad there is no way to describe it. Amazon Prime and Netflix are infinitely better.

paulc322
10/9/17

My main issue is with the DVR. There is no rhyme or reason to it. Sometimes shows set up to record in my stuff, sometimes they don't. Try to contact someone to help and plan on spending some valuable time wasting time. Why submit a product that sucks! The positives are that the picture quality is good and the programming choices are great for us but the crap just doesn't work!!!!!

pama45
10/8/17

It is the worst format for navigating the channel I've ever experienced.
I want the old one back. I would like to know how to complain directly to hulu so they know how much we hate this new " improvement "

thomaso34
10/7/17

Ive had it for a few weeks, it sux, hard to find things. An idiot must have signed off on this user interface, an absolute moron!! Hey Hulu.. take a look at Netflix and Sling, thats we want. Not this endless navigating garbage.

lorih81
10/7/17

My mother got this email stating hulu was new and improved and were asking former hulu users to come back with a year subscription for 5.99.
so we get on hulu on our tv and look for new episodes of blue bloods and we cant find them anywhere so we get on the phone and they state "wait time is 1 hour" we then got online to chat. that is when we found out that there was a change in the 4 months since we had hulu. now you have to pay for live tv which means no new episode it took 30 min of chat to find out it was 39.99. What a rip off
so we canceled within an hour of signing up.
they then took money out of my acct after telling me it would be on our reg payment date. if they were talking about the last subscription that was on the 5th of each month. today is the 7th. and why would they take any money. they have always taken the money after the month. They overdrafted my account and i had to go through a dispute to get the overdraft off my account. alot of running around for the chance to watch the episodes that are on and i cannot see them.
so if you are thinking of using hulu.....DONT DO IT!!!!!
get the cbs, abc, and nbc app on your phone or tablet its free on those and you can cast to your tv. freeeeeee freeeee. DONT USE HULU YOU ARE SELLING YOUR SOLE TO THE DEVIL.

victoriab85
10/5/17

This new Hulu is wretched!!! Several months ago my daughter convinced me to cancel cable and switch to Roku with Netflix and Hulu. Everything was fine, user friendly, just a click or two and I was watching my favorite shows. I was also able to put my favorites on one page. It used to be one click resume a show add another click and I can start from the beginning. First I have the most difficult time just to FIND my show and then forget if I want to restart the show. Whats up Hulu is was TOO user friendly? Are you trying to go out of business by driving customers away? Or do you make more money by making people click, click, click, fifty times just to find a show!?!? And whats with that font! It is horrible, who can see that? The font is so thin and the color so light. And whats with the buffering? Have you put so many bells and whistles on this dam upgrade (really downgrade to the 80s) that it cannot keep up. Well now I am tasked with researching other TV alternatives. It looks like the major consensus in you other pissed off customers is Amazon and Sling, so long Hulu, it was short and you suck!!!

jerryp57
10/3/17

I signed up for a trial month. I called to cancel, was told it was cancelled. They have billed me $11.99 a month for the last 9 months. The wait time on the phone was an hour for billing. The Chat Person said she would only give me a 3 month credit. I was told numerous times theyd fiqured the problem out, and have not. The bank sends me back to Hulu to resolve. I have finally closed my Wells Fargo account to get rid of them. Insane.

donr83
10/2/17

The new interface is horrible...terrible. What were they thinking? I cancelled my subscription. Text, jumping screens, colors amuck. It is by far the worst idea ever!

diannad7
10/2/17

SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS SUCKS

meld30
10/2/17

i cancelled my service, yet i still get charged and nobody answers the phone there. i will do what i have to do to get my money back it was wrong of them to take very pissed off!

janed235
10/1/17

Their design is literally garbage. You can't find anything, on Roku it's an instant migraine and no thumbnails of cataloguing of the show to browse though. It's just HUGE text and one huge picture, and takes 5 additional steps to get from point A to B, whereas it took two before. I tried loading it twice, realised they WERE NOT saying "oops, we messed up" thus repealing it, so I immediately cancelled and am pissed because I loved the programming. They self-destructed their own innovative platform of creativity and entertainment by making the process of accessing said entertainment ludicrous. You're doing a disservice to your once-customers and to the industry, actors, and brilliant writers who want higher viewership rather than a decline based on such an unnecessary repellant.

erikc21
10/1/17

Its a mess. Big mess. Very difficult to find what you want. The new interface is so bad Ill probably stop using the service. It needs to be fixed and fast.

224 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Not worth it since they updated their interface into an unusable mess. Customer service is awful, stay far away.

By glenn h. on 12/24/15
Helpful answer

No. Free OTA TV is better than HULU because with an amplified antenna Free TV actually works!

By Ronald B. on 1/28/16
Helpful answer

First you'll have to download the HULU app on your computer, laptop or tablet. You can "cast the show" from a computer, laptop and certain tablets. I use my Windows 10 Phone with no problems. OR: You'll need a "media streaming device", for example, a Roku, Apple TV or Amazon Fire Stick, or have a "Smart TV". You'll also need a good, FAST internet WiFi connection or have your router close enough to your TV for a wired connection via Ethernet. You then pick from a genre of shows that are available.

By Christopher Q. on 11/27/15
Helpful answer

I have 65mb down and I don't have any trouble at all. I think you only need 12mb to stream their highest quality. That could be a complicated answer. It may be your router, or wireless device. That's where you should start looking. Contact Comcast and have them help you trouble shoot. I know my provider has that service.

By David K. on 10/7/15
Helpful answer

Never heard of that, maybe its was advertising for the HBO service you can add on or for their ad-free options which they do not have a free trial of. But they dont charge for their regularshows

By Dani S. on 12/28/15
Helpful answer

You can use a wii.. a playstation 3, a ruku box.. I have also used my computer and a svga monitor cable to use the laptop to put it right to the tv. You can use google chrome cast also.. the monitor cable works awesome because you can watch utube on your tv too.. tons of movies on there as well.. hope this helps.. I can answer a little better if you have any more questions

By lisa m. on 6/29/13
Helpful answer

Good luck with that. They are crooks. If you like the British, Canadian and Australian things, Acorn is a terrific deal. I am not affiliated with anybody.

By Gail V. on 2/23/17
Helpful answer

Don't do it. They suck massive puppy sh!t. I have a download speed of 60 Mbps, and their content still won't stream smoothly. F@ck Hulu, and BS claims they make.

By Monterey B. on 12/30/16
Helpful answer

If you could provide more info on what/how you're getting Netflix on your TV, are you using a media streaming device (like a Roku, AppleTV, "SmartTV" or a WiFi connected BluRay, the apps are already preloaded on most devices. You can go online and set up an account with Roku and add over 1000 channels from their Channel Store. 90% are free for the watching.

By Christopher Q. on 5/29/16
Helpful answer

Then call HULU, get one of their ding dong pencil pushers and HAVE THEM SEND YOU A CONFIRMATION EMAIL OF THE EXACT CANCELLATION DATE SO YOU CAN'T GET CHARGED, OR IF YOU DO, THEN YOU HAVE THE "BACKUP EMAIL CONFIRM" TO PROVE THAT YOU'VE DONE YOUR DUE DILIGENCE TO CANCEL IN A TIMELY FASHION. Hulu can be really slow in the cancellation. Oops, our mistake. Yeah, RIGHT.

By Christopher Q. on 11/17/15
Questions? Get answers from the Hulu staff and other customers.

Hulu?