US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

cenaf
8/22/16

I was with Netflix for years and decided there should be a change. I began with hulu and their free week trial. I hated all the commercials, you can pay the same price everywhere else and there's none of that going on. Then I canceled on the last day so that I wouldn't be charged, besides my bank account was emptied out, so there was nothing there either way. But of course, the next day after I canceled I recieved an email that I had been charged 7.99.. I called them and told them I didn't want the subscription, which was why I canceled. The lady claimed I canceled a day late, which I told her to recheck the dates and she did. Because I canceled an hour to late I was charged and was able to watch hulu fro the next month. Oh great.. well once she figured out I didn't want it at all, she offered a refund.. which will take 3-5 business days to go through.. great! Now I'll owe a $25 overdraft fee for absolutely NOTHING. I was considering coming back for the 11.99 subscription since my kids seemed to like it a bit.. but now? Maybe if you get some DUBBED anime and not only SUBBED kind then I'll return. I was very excited to introduce my kids to Sailor Moon, but only my oldest can keep up with the subtitles.. just pure disappointment..

jacobk28
8/21/16

I watch Alot of shows on my phone from hulu.com
But now for what ever reason I have to be 0 years or older the watch my show?? Are you for real. Hulu was amazing but now they suck ass. I'm giving hulu 0 stars because that's $#*!ing ridiculous

erikg26
8/20/16

Many commercials and less movies also slow

amyg91
8/16/16

Hulu is a waste of your money for these 4 reasons.

1. Commercials! They are a waste of your time, & they play the same one over & over & over!!! & if you accidentally back out of your video or close out your page, you will have to watch the same commercials again!!!!!

2. Often doesn't even work!!! Not only do the videos just say "unavailable" sometimes for no reason, but the captions never work!!! Why have a caption option if when they are on, they won't show up!!!!

3. Limited shows. Need I say more? There's only one show I'll watch on here!

4. Price. $7.99 a month. Amazon has every show imaginable & it's $49 a year!!! That's just a little over $4 a month!

leslied31
8/15/16

I pay so I don't have to suffer thru commercials when I watch now their plan is pay even more if you want no commercials... Their content is not that unique so they are being cancelled I'll stick with Netflix.

aval12
8/14/16

I've had many problems with Hulu, such as being too slow or getting messages in the middle of watching shows such as "This video is currently unavailable" etc. I pay the SAME price for Netflix and don't have to watch all the commercials! But what is most infuriating is that I go to see what programs are offered, add them to my watchlist, but when I go to watch them, I get a page asking me to sign in to my TV provider to be able to watch! They are not really available through Hulu, but through some cable providers, which you must have a subscription and online account to watch! Since I don't have cable (which is why I have Hulu!) I can't watch most of the shows I chose from Hulu led me to believe were available. But guess what? I've found streaming sites that have most of these shows available for FREE with full seasons available. So this will be my last month paying for crappy Hulu!

marsham21
8/6/16

I was recently going over my bank account and noted that Hulu was debiting my account twice every month. I called Hulu customer service and was advised they indeed were debiting double monthly. I asked that he check my account for further months and learned the double debits had been going on for 10 months. They politely said the system sometimes creates two accounts and offered to close one account. No mention of refunding the money until I asked. He said he could only refund three months. Then I asked who can refund the balance. He said his manager can refund another three months but in order to get the remaining 4 months I will have to contact my bank. The programming is great and the customer service is professional but inadequate in satisfying this situation,. Be aware of your bank debits by Hulu!!!!!

grayb
8/5/16

Since I bought my subscription my whole family instantly fell in love in Hulu hehe :)

alis860
8/2/16

I'm pretty satisfied with hulu, but wtf is up with the ridiculously small search letters!!!! I've contemplated cancelling it just for this reason. I have 20/20 vision and freaking need a magnifying glass to type in the letters to find a show. I'm using my wii to stream hulu, so not sure if it's just an issue related to the wii or what but really...step it up hulu and enlarge the letters!

vanessaw24
7/28/16

I only got Hulu for this past year in college because my dorm didn't have cable in the bedroom. It was good for that, but now that I'm back home and will be in a newer dorm this fall, I have no use for this. Only subscribed in addition to Netflix so that I could watch American Idol since I had no cable. The ads ruin it. May pick it back up at some point, but probably not. Also had a lot of issues with the streaming regardless of how good my internet was and in the case that an ad didn't load properly, the whole thing would get messed up and I'd have to close the app/refresh the screen in order to try to watch again.

Netflix is better, and has no ads. Netflix is a good supplement to cable. Hulu is only of any value if you don't have cable.

darrellm30
7/24/16

Seriously you pay more for their service and you can only watch one screen. SUCKS!!! And the quality you get it no where near netflix which I can watch 4 screens on.

tarar22
7/22/16

I like everything but I wish they would go back to the queue. I don't like the new watchlist. I like being able pick which episodes to have not just what hulu decides to put in there. I like having full control of but goes into my queue. And being able to remove stuff as well. Please bring back the queue. HATE watchlist.

jordanaw1
7/20/16

First off, HULU if you're going to charge for services, there shouldn't be commercials.. I can watch the shows on regular tv if I want that. Also don't up your prices to take the commercials out. Since that happened the commercials have come on more frequently and now up to 5 instead of 2 or 3 when HULU first came out. I plan on discontinuing my membership. I can record my shows and fast forward through the commercials if I want. Also some of the shows have partial seasons and sometimes not every season for the show.. What am I paying for, because now it's not the convenience.

asapr
7/10/16

Bad Customer Service.There are also too many ads.Then they ask you to pay for less ads.Really?

terih8
7/7/16

I've had Hulu for a couple years now and I have NEVER had the kind of problems I have with Hulu with any other streaming service. At one point they split my account in two where it was being charged from my credit card AND my iTunes, and when I confronted them about it they told me there was nothing they could do and so I had to cancel both accounts and re-sign up with them. And on multiple occasions I have held the account and tried to sign on and it wouldn't let me use it on my phone, it just timed out every time and they chocked it up to technical issues with my account but it worked fine on my tv. Every time I try to talk to customer service they re-route me to anyone else they can and I never get anything solved. If it weren't for the fact that they show 2 of my favorite current shows I would never re-sign with them again. As soon as I find a new streaming site that has them I will never use Hulu again. I'm tired of the terrible service.

khanhd1
7/6/16

Hulu charged me for the free one week trial, so I tried to call their customer service. I was turned away without getting any actual help. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND USING HULU.

christopherq3
7/5/16

I pay to "watch commercials on HULU" to the tune of every 6 minutes, there are a bank of 3 "ads". After the "ads" play, there is a black screen for about 15-45 seconds, which is pretty uncomfortable waiting for "something to play". When it DOES come back to the programming, it's been "cut off" and again, inconsistent.

I was watching "The 100" on Netflix, and saw the full two seasons, then came here to HULU which is ONLY playing episode 10 and above, which makes NO sense whatsoever.

The UI (User Interface) is also a MESS: It's sloppy and unorganized, making searching more difficult than need be. Searching for an entire series can be a bunch of "clips mixed in with full episodes". HULU, get your act together!

kaylaj16
6/27/16

I am currently attempting to watch a show. I am unable to even follow the line due to the fact that every 3 minutes there are about 5 ads playing. I'm becoming very fed up. I just wanted to watch a show and can't even do that. Needs to be fixed or it's going to be dropped!

kamiev
6/26/16

Very disappointed on their programming. It doesn't list all the episodes of my favorite show it skips. One minute you watch episode 4 and it skips to 23 very inconsistent. Very frustrated thank goodness I have not subscribe to it my friend told me to try it first since she already has it. I am glad I haven't cause I don't like it .....it just made me more mad cause I missed a whole lot of episodes.
Anyone out there don't waste your money on it Nexflix is better even though their behind from keeping it updated.

aprilb49
6/24/16

I'm not a fan of this site or app at all. I don't care for having to pay for anything online to watch, especially if it is not the full season or complete tv show series and they want so much money from you.. They do have free movies but mostly they are virus's...

nikkiv5
6/24/16

As a subscriber to Netflix, Amazon Video, CBS All-Access and HULU, I would have to say that when it came time to cut back, I chose to cut out HULU (there was a new Survivor season... I had to see it) because I saw the most use out of my other 3 subscriptions. When I got charged again, randomly, after being inactive for half a year, I went to the online help, and talked to a lovely helpdesk assistant, Melinda L. who was attentive, helpful and efficient. Typically, its like pulling teeth to get help with subscriptions like this, but she did a fantastic job assisting me and giving me a full refund (which I didn't ask for!).

Hulu gets a lot of crap for not being as wonderful as Netflix or Amazon, but one thing I appreciate about this site is their help. I may have to consider going back!!

rnrid
6/20/16

They make u pay extra money for "less ads", but there isn't less ads, there is the same amount, if not more than usual. they just want your damn money. Either way u have to sit through about 70 ads per show. Do your self a favor and don't subscribe.

kevinc151
6/12/16

I subscribe to Hulu, Netflix and Amazon. I find Hulu the most difficult to navigate between the three streaming services. I have also noticed Hulu seems to have as many or more commercials as regular network TV. This bothers me quit a bit. Don't usually do reviews, but I have surprisingly found myself considering canceling Hulu because of this.

yoshib
6/12/16

Had it 2 weeks, limitless glitches of all sorts including limited access as well as the one of the least intuitive layouts on its apps, do not expect this software to run smoothly or logically, extremely bad and gets frustrating. Not worth

summero
6/5/16

Please tell me why you take off show
Love Hulu but this makes me mad
WTH WTF

224 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question