US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

robinc77
1/12/17

First, Hulu stopped accepting my password. It took many attempts over several days to reset password. Second, they don't provide a means to cancel subscription. It's all circular runarounds. Impossible to contact Hulu. Enormous waste of time. In the end, I had to cancel my credit card. Hateful, fraudulent company.

cac26
1/7/17

Hulu is mediocre. Hulu+ isn't worth it. The selection is ok & changes seldom. For current movies, there's RedBox & your local cheapo theatre for a matinee or inexpensive night out (without the popcorn & drinks). There's also the public library & youtube. Hulu disappointed me when after an intentionally deactivated account I was no longer using was reactivated without my knowledge or permission & my credit card was charged.

cassandrab20
1/4/17

This is the second time HULU has billed my credit card when no service is owned. The first time, they charged me for the free preview. This time I was away from home with a sick relative and they charged my card when my account was on hold. They have be impossible to contact so I am forced to cancel a service I enjoyed when home because of credit card misuse. I tried to call and stayed on hold for 45 minutes without service. They have a call back service that hasn't called back. There chat also did not work. What good are they without customer service?

aprils68
12/28/16

I canceled 2 days after my billing date. Saw it with my own eyes & said "are you sure you want to cancel & clicked YES! I got billed the next month & I called Hulu they blamed roku, roku could not find me. This is a joke. The only thing they are good at is blaming Hulu & roku. They are both a damn joke. It's easier going to the library.

sonjam8
12/23/16

I got tired of high prices tho cable compiles and thought I could live with watching shows a day late, then come to find out some shows only let them have the 1st season and that sucked not being able to finish a slow but I did like that I could let the kids watch a show and I could watch a grown up show, after 4 yrs they stopped letting me do that so I went to hulu support just to be told it's always been their policy to only let one device watch, so I'm looking into other options really not worth the 8 dollars a month for half of the episodes n no hd

jbs5
12/14/16

I have hulu .Netflix and CBS..and by far hulu sucks ...it can't figure out how to load and stream more than one episode constantly claims to retrieving..but never does..wish I could find competition to switch to .. hate hulu

leahn9
12/14/16

I have tried to give it the benefit of the doubt. Everyday I have to log in again. Everytime I try to, it tells me it's not the correct email or password. It's the same one we have used since we got it. Trying to log in through Facebook is just as bad. You want to charge us for your crappy "service"? I'll tell everyone forever, to just stick with Netflix. HULU IS HORRIBLE!

travisc26
11/14/16

Every other commercial is in Spanish for months now. It's really annoying. I canceled solely for this issue. I contacted them, was told "they were working on it"..... a month later, still no fix. There's way better providers other than Hulu.

johnb727
11/14/16

They have too many commercials and not many good shows to watch. And it constantly stops to buffer.

kennethm76
11/7/16

I have been contacting HULU for 5 months to cancel there no good service; they "HULU" will not cancel and quit charging my credit card. Even disputed the charges with the card service and the denied 2 months of charges. But sure as day they continue to charge my card
Just sent them a final request and damn well will contact the attorney general and have them take over from this point. My advice don't do as I did because you will regret the choice and be ripped off for a long time.

kurth28
11/5/16

Limited movie choices; PBS old material is fine. Much is ok, but
the Gay movies are few and not recent. Access to other sites is good but you might access them elsewhere.

henryl53
11/4/16

I don't like ads with my pay service on hulu, but the quality of the pictures are good and the selection matches my taste, but every time if I have something that need to get a human being to resolve, doesn't matter a phone call or a chat, the "Standard" wait time is always 30 min. that's totally not acceptable.

ak561
10/25/16

Hulu has been charging me for service for the past 2 years without honoring my cancellation. They recognized I had not used it for 2 years but did not acknowledge my cancellation and would only offer 3 month credit. It was a terrible service for streaming and was not worth the price to begin with and now I am out about $150 for their mistake! Do not subscribe unless you want a bad experience. I HAVE to give them 1 star to submit but they deserve a zero star rating!!!

bretw6
10/20/16

Waste of money, they say no ads if you pay. YET they still give you ads.

carterb27
10/18/16

It wouldn't take my payment for a very long time and it has way too many ads, it shouldn't have any if you're paying. It's very glitchy, and I would not use it and never recommend it to anyone.

demetrip1
10/16/16

Not good because a lot of good shpws end up expiring the newer seasons. I like to save shows amd watch one at a time then watch other ones but shows like the walking dead ridiculousness and other shows expire from hulu and dont come back. Thats so unfair. To watch tv is very expensive. Also it ticks me knowing that my favorite shows end up just dissapearing for good. Thats like you like a food and they cancel the food because its getting too much sales. Very dissatisfied!!!!!

fuckh1
10/14/16

Horrible never again I'm sticking to Netflix. Can not even make it through one show

rebeccam109
10/12/16

It has none of the popular shows like the walking dead only 6 episodes of season 1 of fear the walking dead.so its a lie there telling us you can watch current shows you cant.take supernatural its going on its 11 season there is no showing of it at all

richc37
10/10/16

Hulu locks up after commercials. You have to start the app from the begining. They are completly indiferent to the issue. Go figure.

robertp140
10/8/16

Good choices, left because of the buffering errors.

bonbonh
10/4/16

i think their service not the greatest compare to Netflix say Netflix is better then this website they add movies but when you search for the show does not come up ...

kaitlynp6
9/25/16

I'm getting tired of every time I got to watch something on Hulu it either freezes on me and skips ahead or even stops playing in the middle of the show saying an "sorry an error has occurred while streaming this video. We apologize doe any inconvenience" for the price I pay I shouldn't be having this problem and I paid for this instead of Netflix because it had more shows I watch than Netflix did but at this point I'm thinking about going back to Netflix cause at least I didn't have such an issue like I do now. No it's not my wifi either because I've taken my laptop where they have really good wifi with no problems and I still get the same issue I shouldn't have to deal with it

ryann40
9/20/16

I'm sick of logging into hulu and not being able to see anything but ad's. I am able to hear the shows, but not see them. I'm so over it! happens constantly, so unreliable! Back to Netflix!

charleso25
9/16/16

While I respect what they are trying to do as a service, I feel like they have always suffered from poor execution.

wendio
9/15/16

I have had Netflix for year's. I've never had a billing issue with them. Ever. I recently decided to switch from Netflix to Hulu. They advertise 2 free weeks, however when you get on the site, it's ONE WEEK. At least Netflix gave us a MONTH FREE & still do. However, I still think Hulu is a better deal. When I tried to sign-up, i was denied because their system doesn't recognize my Zip Code!! I live in a very small town that unfortunately has 4 different zip codes. No matter what card I use, it won't work. Their IT couldn't even figure it out. But, it explains why 1/3 of my City can't have Hulu. Guess we will stay with Netflix, who have no problem with my Zip Code. Sorry Hulu, I tried.

224 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

20 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Hulu staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question