Review of Groupon

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

lovem21
3/26/17

I have received garbage from Groupon- didn't cost a lot, so I never returned them and they broke within a week (I'm talking about an alarm clock that projected stars on the ceiling.) It was tiny and a piece of crap.
Now I ordered joggers for my kids, the sizing was way off (and I used their size chart), they sent the wrong items after waiting a long time, and now they want to give me a prepaid label to ship back the items for a refund. Since when is the customer inconvenienced for a mistake that the business made??
I am deleting my app and never shopping here again. Horrendous.

donnaw112
3/26/17

Overpriced Garbage never shop this company again diamonds are so little products don't look like picture when you receive it

jeniffert
3/25/17

I purchased a Groupon item and was told to redeem at the manufacturer. When I tried to the wanted to.charge me an additional 40 dollars. This was an scam and all Groupon would do is offer me a credit.

josephs209
3/24/17

Usually a good site to see some local good deals. Sometimes they aren't all that relevant, but the local stuff is often the best.

pamc49
3/23/17

I have ordered on this site and it is very trustworthy. Great deals. Thanks Groupon!!! I got your back!!!

amyt83
3/23/17

I've used them quite a few times and never had a problem. I've saved a lot of money and discovered some great businesses due to Groupon reviews. Of course, I always look at the reviews on the site before buying the Groupon.

andrewt101
3/23/17

Great discounts on products especially the food coupons are awesome! I use them almost every month. I also use their spa and gym coupons too.

brandonl54
3/23/17

This is not a good website. I thought they gave the cheapest price but turn out their price is higher than ebay for the same exact item.

brittm5
3/23/17

I was charged twice for my purchase but Groupon would not refund because I discovered it outside the 3 day return window. Very frustrating. Abner F. from customer service kept quoting the refund policy. But he would never refund there double charge. Groupon is scammy.

ildal
3/20/17

I've used Groupon for different items and have saving money doing it. I have gotten show tickets, oil changes, meal deals, plus deals on up coming events.

krissyr1
3/20/17

I purchased a groupon for The Greenbriar with my sister. We had a family emergency and had to cancel the trip. My sister called and received a full refund and I have contacted Groupon four times with no resolution. The first three times they sent me through to a 'board' to hear my situation and was told that they would get back to me within 24-48 hours. I never heard from anyone so my fourth call I asked for a supervisor (Bree Grey). She was absolutely no help and told me there was nothing that she could do and I am not getting a penny back or even a credit through Groupon. She was actually rude and told me that I can call anyone at the company that I would like and would not get anywhere. Read the fine print and assume that if you have a problem they will not help once they have your money.

margretd
3/19/17

Got some great deals here for some essential oils. Loved them. Got my friends to buy them too. Just need to be careful because some of the companies are not that great.

tonyk57
3/19/17

The coupon sites were always a hit-and-miss for me and unfortunately this one proved this too :( Had several great deals and was very happy with those, but some turned out to expire or didnt exist. Great thing you still can refund your money if you miss.

katiel48
3/19/17

Most businesses that offer groupons do so because they need the business. These may be newer businesses that don't have the experience established businesses have. I recently bought a 'no chip' shellac manicure and it started chipping the next day. Groupon's customer service was NO help. I had to call 3 times, and each customer service rep gave me different info on refund policies. In the end I did not get my refund because they said I was over the 3 day refund period. DONT BUY THE BEAUTY GROUPONS!

peterf80
3/19/17

I purchased several deals problem with everyone canceled all closed account. They told me to contact merchant which did not help.

ruthm83
3/18/17

I have found some incredible deals on a wide variety of merchandise and services! From jewelry to nail and hair services, to a variety of gifts. And they are very fair about Groupons that you no longer need. You can exchange them for Groupon Bucks which you can use at any time.

toniw21
3/18/17

I will never use Groupon again. I've used it three times, and each time there was no savings. The last time was for lash extensions that were labeled by Groupon as individual lashes. The salon called them flare lashes. I asked for a refund after speaking with a partner of the salon, as the owner of the Groupon was not even available. The partner told me the lashes were ones that you could buy at the drugstore and that they were hard in your real lashes and could cause them to fall out. She then offered to do single lashes for more than twice the price. Such a scam. I am now out my money, as Groupon will not refund even though there is a discrepancy in service description. Beware of Groupon!

tr6861
3/18/17

Do not buy anything from groupon goods. They are scam artists. Everything is made in China, and most of it is counterfeit. I bought a flatiron for $50, as it was advertised to be worth much more. How foolish of me. When it arrived I could tell it was cheap garbage. It didn't even have a temperature setting on it. You get what you pay for.

susand175
3/17/17

I have been using groupon now for about 5 years. I had issues before but was able to contact someone to correct the issues.

I just had a packaged that never delivered to me but was returned to the sender, and instead of contacting me and telling me that they have received the item back, they contacted me and asked for my review of the item. OK, an automated e-mail, I get it, but when I tried to get a hold of someone to rectify the issue, they not only knew about the returned item but hadn't done anything to change it.

And lets talk about the process to talk to someone. They make you select a bunch of options on their website before they even offer to let you chat with someone, or give you their customer service call line. But once you spend 30 minutes answering their un-related questions you get the opportunity to talk to someone who is not in the US, or if they are, english is not their first language. I asked to speak to another representative because this one was having a hard time understanding me and she said, "That won't help, you will have the same issues with any other agent because the issue is on your end, not ours."...WHAT? I spelled my name for 10 minutes with no avail and it was MY issue? Even if in some strange world, it was my issue, can't you let me talk to someone else? To out right deny me the ability to talk to someone else is horrible customer service!!!

They gave me a refund instead of the item I purchased because it is their policy to not resend items...??? I would rather of had the item! I purchased it because I wanted the item obviously...

All I can say is that you should use groupon carefully, if everything works as it should you are ok, but the minute something goes wrong you are in a nightmare. I was treated like I was an inconvenience to them to ask for my item I paid for.

A note to groupon: If an item is sent back to you, consider contacting the customer first and saving them the nightmare of talking to your horrible customer service reps. ALSO get better reps, seriously. Train them on manners and make it easier to contact someone.

stephaniep84
3/17/17

Groupon is trash they have poor customer service and they told me the business not accepting my Groupon will get in contact with me within 3 business days apparently they don't know what three business days means because I've been told this twice now the Groupon that hasn't been accepted for months has been removed you can no longer purchase and I still have no refund. Groupon is trash I asked to speak to a supervisor as soon as they got on the line they didn't even let me speak they immediately told me you have to wait 3 business days and apologized with the least sincerity. I asked to speak to someone above the rude supervisor and they said there is no one else I can speak to above them.

jennyp53
3/17/17

I have received constant let downs by this site- from good not being received to double duvets labelled as kings----
and more!!!
want to throw your money in the toilet, this is the place!!!

jenniem15
3/16/17

I have purchased and used several Groupons over the last 6-7 years or longer. (Not sure on years but it's been since the beginning.) This place always has great deals and If your going on vacation, make sure you plan ahead!! This is a real place to get great services, meals, tours, etc for a low price and they are honored at the place you purchase it for!

hillarya1
3/15/17

Groupon, as stated in it's terms, takes absolutely no responsibility for vetting the companies it has offers for. This means that the moving companies, massage parlors, salons, etc. it advertises are not guaranteed in anyway. If the merchant wont schedule you before the expiration date, or gives you a bad services you have no options for refund or recompense. I have now gone through 3 experiences with scams run through groupon, and it's always a many day battle with groupon reps to issue a refund, and the only reason I get a refund is through pure stubborness. Not to mention I see the same companies posted again later; including a company that I had already notified groupon did not actually exist (it was a scam artist with a phone). Groupon is an unconscionable company that takes no responsibility for the problems it causes it's customers.

connieb80
3/14/17

The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the short time span in.which you have to use your deals. But if you time it right deals can be great.

mitrak2
3/14/17

I bought a few concert tickets one month in advance of the event and the tickets were not delivered to me until now which is just a few hours before the concert!
They are not refunding me my money claiming it's 24 hours passed the purchase time! Customer service is extremely unhelpful. They are offering me a solution which is transferring my purchase to somebody else! Who the $#*! is willing to pay for non-existent tickets? On top of that they say they need 24 hour notice to transfer to somebody else. This solution is offered when there is only 4 hours left to the event! I think they are on some serious drugs or something. They don't even know what they are talking about.... so so upset!!!

2,179 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

109 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question