Review of Groupon

Tel: +1.3128705288
sysadmin@groupon.com

yourl1
7/27/17

[Sonal Dave] [Venuga Muruges] Thank you for contacting Customer Support. My name is Venuga Muruges
[Venuga Muruges] No worries, I will look into this

mariaa172
7/26/17

Im make two orders and im never got them and no phone number for coustomer services or way to contact the company or seller

drewn12
7/26/17

Groupon's website had issues loading, which caused me to accidentally order four tickets to Water Country USA when I only needed 2. Instead of refunding me for the two tickets since it was completely their fault for having a sucky website, Groupon insisted that the fine print for the deal said "all sales were final." I told them I was done using Groupon if they would not refund me since there was no way I was going to use a website that has such an unreasonable refund policy, but they remained stubbornly insistent that all sales were final. Forget them!

kellyn41
7/26/17

Never will I order from GROUPON again, ordered my kids a 12ft best way swimming pool 7thJuly, expected delivery 14th, dispatched 11th. Nothing! Online chat had no idea, felt like I was talking to a robot and never actually answered my questions, told to wait till 25th July, still no delivery. I had to open a pay pal dispute to get my money back

janetu3
7/25/17

Their customer service has deteriorated puchased a groupon 4 days ago that I cannot use and they refuse to honor a refund, have to do a claim with BBB and my bank. You cannot get a real person on the phone and the supervisor Trevor has a "welp youre out of luck" kind of attitude. just stay away from this website and save yourself the headache

lindah299
7/24/17

Don't do this tour, it is a waste of time and money. Advertised as Italian food and all it included was 2 slices of pizza, a quarter of a sub sandwich and a small canolli. Tour guides were friendly, but that did not make up for the deceitful advertising. There is no pasta as shown in the group on advertising picture. Extremely disappointed.

shannonl67
7/24/17

Groupon customer service is horrible. You can't actually call them, you have to request a call or chat with someone. It is extremely easy to accidentally buy something but very difficult to exchange or refund things. They don't offer that many good deals anyways and I personally will not be using their service again.

nancyc191
7/23/17

I have been using Groupon for several years and always seem to get the same thing with Local Services. I recently purchased a Dog Grooming Service. I called to schedule the service and was told that the Grooming Truck was out of service and I could be put on a wait list. Thanks Groupon, I guess the saying is true. You get for what you pay for. I also purchased a pool cleaning service. I will let you know how that turns out!

thuyn12
7/22/17

I do like Groupon a lot and have been using this app occasionally. However, I was looking up getaways/travel with all inclusives and was very disappointed by the limited options that they have with travel from airport. Most of the airports are in the eastcoast. I live in OR and could only find 1 or 2 options and they are so much more expensive than other airports. :( wish there would be more
Options to fly from the westcoast.

inokia
7/22/17

I had, in the past, used GROUPON many times, sometimes the voucher would expire and I was just stuck, my bad. This time I purchased one for a beauty school, two of my friends did also. The first one to "try" it left with green hair, they couldn't get the color out, btw, she wanted blonde hair not green. The 2nd one had clumps of hair fall out while she was in the chair, they left a solution on too long. When I contacted Customer Support to request a "credit", not a refund, the reply was, "It can't be bad all the time, just try it" I guess I'm weird, I happen to like my hair and want to keep it! If you have no Customer Support from them, write about it, so they get it. I've unsubscribed and so have my two bald and green haired friends!

lorenam11
7/20/17

I've ordered a product In May and it's July and I'm still waiting for it they said will try to get in touch with the currier but u still haven't heard from It.is hope I will receive the product and not losing my money.

williamg143
7/20/17

Went to redeem my Groupon for Monty's Beef Co. In Royal Oak MI. Called numerous times no answer, voice mail was full. Decided to drive to the location twice establishment was closed. Contacted Groupon for credit, it was over 3 days. They did inform me how to contact Monty's. A phone number for Rachel, called she returned a txt. Give me the info and I will fill your order, what choices co I have. I would like to come to see my choices. Give me a time that is good for you, I gave her a day and time, never heard back from her. When I try caling never answers and mail box is full. I don't want this beef, not sure of the quality.
Groupon is protecting scammers, they will not give me a credit for this purchase, have spent way to much time trying to contact Monty's Beef Co. and get a credit from Groupon.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from Groupon they will not stand up for their customers if the retailer defaults on the goods. I imagine service purchases would be the same way.

alexandrae11
7/19/17

Purchased some tickets to take my family to a jumping house. I read all the fine print in groupon and the vendors website as well as calling the vendor to make sure both my daughters could jump since they are young. Because is groupon I only have so many days to use my offer. The day I decide to take my girls, the place charged me $80 because the groupon ticket did not included jumping for toddlers. Nowhere in neither website this is mentioned nor when I called them and told them my daughters ages. I tried to get a refund from groupon since in the end I ended up paying almost $200 when without groupon it would had been $50. Groupon was no help at all and refused to give me a refund. They suck!

larryt57
7/19/17

Would not buy it, too many restrictions. Not very helpful either if you have an issue. Had some issues with purchased items. No refunds or help from the company. They are very apologetic that they are not helpful though. Does that really help?

taoy3
7/19/17

I bought Groupon for Zugos cafe. The place is closed permanently. Contacted Groupon customer support thru online chat, ( there is no phone support any more) , still no answer back as promised after 3 days. Followed up the same question through email. No response. Very un-reliable.

ahlamf
7/18/17

I made an purchase I was out of United state and the copoun expired I called them to get credit in Groupon I didn't ask them to return my money back and even a deal buck the refused to return it

loul28
7/16/17

This company sells you wine for $69 on the first page and after they have your information they tell you there is a $25 shipping charge. They've already charged the $69. Even a spokeswoman said to read the fine print on the first page. I also had a problem with an income tax ad -- it stated a $99 fee but when I got there the preparer said that was the reduction and I had to pay another $150 (we settled on that though she said the fee was $450. Be wary.

lynnl52
7/16/17

Used promo code to get deal. Then soon after words the business went out of business. Groupon would do nothing to compensate.

blancap5
7/16/17

I would avoid using Groupon UK. I have recently paid for an online excel course and the voucher doesn't work on the provider's website. I tried to contact the provider with no luck. I've asked Groupon a few times for a refund and they have made wait for weeks to come back saying that the problem has been sorted. That's a lie. I still can't access the course I've paid for.

garys216
7/15/17

Well, in general I like groupon, but sometimes shopping there is a little confusing... I recently ordered a pair of headphones and the order got canceled next day (I haven't received any confirmation).. I had to log-in again and check the status. After writing to a customer service they told me my card didn't come through. Excuse me?! Why you guys didn't send me any notifications of it?

ruthz11
7/15/17

One month ago bought tickets for a Circus today in London and when me, my two small kids and husband got to the address given by Groupon there was nothing! We wandered around until contacted Groupon customer service who confirmed the wrong address then made me call ticket line who informed me that the show was happening in another location a while ago! Wasted money, time, we cancelled another activity because this one was booked.. disappointment and no answer from Groupon. I want my money back !!

donnap93
7/14/17

Ordered tickets to go whale watching on only day my daughter was in town. Scheduled with Newburyport Whale Watching company a week in advance. They called day of and cancelled our trip because "they didn't have enough people to go." (And is is MY fault?) Since daughter was in town only THAT day I ordered another set of tickets from a Gloucester Whale Watching company (Seven Seas) for that afternoon. This company was stellar! After several emails and calls to both Groupon and the Newburyport company, they informed me there would be NO REFUND. Now I'm out $75. The company cancelled on ME. I'm due a refund.

antoniap8
7/14/17

They deactivated my account without notifying me. customer service is awful. I had to look up confirmation emails to get my groupon vouchers back.

dannyk24
7/14/17

Man, Customer Service must be a foreign concept these days....I ordered the green, got the brown and no way to exchange them.

your mistake, but you cant rectify it? REALLY? just send me what I ordered!!!

maryg242
7/14/17

I have been a customer with groupon for many many years and have purchased many deals. They are no longer the same. Where I always felt secure with purchasing from Groupon forget it now. Many purchases lately have had minor issues but a recent deal I purchased for a local SAT prep course for over 240.00 was the icing on the cake. When I called the tutoring company, the number was disconnected. Tried doing an online search for anothe possible number, but the same one was listed online. Went to call Groupon but now see they have disconnected all customer service lines....big red flag. After many days of online Chatting where they told me they reached out to the business and asked them to call me...ha ha...business is not even open anymore...I finally asked for a refund which they would not initially give me because I had purchased the deal more than three days ago. Then they offered me a refund in 243.00 in group bucks which was not acceptable. I finally contacted my credit card company who refunded me the amount and eventually they got Groupon to do the same for them.

Tip for consumers: My advice, call the company before purchasing to see they are open etc. . I have found that many times if you mention you were just calling before purchasing a Groupon the company will say don't buy the Groupon..I will offer you a better deal. They do this because Groupon takes upwards of 40% of every deal purchased from the business offering the service. The business itself can give you a better deal because they are not losing that 40%.

2,179 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E. on 1/19/16
Helpful answer

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h. on 11/21/15
Helpful answer

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M. on 6/4/16
Helpful answer

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G. on 11/2/15
Helpful answer

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P. on 11/9/15
Helpful answer

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H. on 4/19/15
Helpful answer

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I. on 9/7/15
Helpful answer

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R. on 2/4/16
Helpful answer

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B. on 8/5/15
Helpful answer

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S. on 6/1/15
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

30 Photos for Groupon