Review of Groupon

sysadmin@groupon.com
2017 Customer choice award

paolam8
10/19/17

That happened 2 weeks ago and I am still waiting for my money or my item.

Please tell me a solution for my order the lady say in the chat she can't do anything for me??
So what happen with my money and also she say she can't change the delivery address at this time but I wrote to Groupon the same day of my purchase by live chat and email as well.
Please return the £228 to me ASAP.

brendat53
10/17/17

Groupon gives a three day only refund. How are you supposed to know if a Groupon you purchased is a scam if Qian's Day Spa in Santa Fe, New Mexico won't return your phone call? I purchased a foot massage, and this company will not answer their phone, and will not return phone calls. Groupon should be held responsible for scammers. Groupon needs to make sure a company is valid, and actually in business. As far as I'm concerned; Groupon owes me $45.00 for a foot massage that I paid for that was OFFERED by GROUPON. Groupon is a scam of it own.

irinak35
10/16/17

The worst service we ever had. They are lying, you have to wait at least 30 mins for pick up.!!! Worst worst worst service! Dont ever get their services!

miked283
10/16/17

Ordered a double bed hotel room. Came in as a king. online chat informed me "sorry, can't change it" Never again

jeanr46
10/14/17

Groupon stopped taking phone calls, but their online chat people are morons. They put a coupon out for ticketmaster that it won't accept, then have no idea what I am talking about. Wondering if "Ben" is a computer or just an idiot. Last time using that site!

jeffm195
10/14/17

Bought a solar like that I installed when I finally got time which was about 4 months later. It worked for 3 weeks and died. They won't even replace it because it was more than 14 days!!!! Bullcrap!!!

steveg181
10/12/17

If you have a problem with a groupon ticket or voucher and you can't resolve the issue yourself consider your money wasted. Groupon has decided. To go completely online when dealing with customer service meaning that you will not at any given moment speak to a real voice. When you call you will hear a recorded message that will repeat twice that they have gone completely online with customer service and hang up. You can look all over their website and you will not find a live chat tab or link anywhere. The tidious process that I had to do in order to get in touch with someone was:
1. Go to help
2. Type live chat on the search field
3. Only then, to get a message box.

A message box that gets replied as an email and groupon (may) or will take about 24 hours to reply back. Your reply back may look like mines (their reply: _what voucher?) after I told them what voucher I had an issue with (by the way, this was the only recent voucher I had ordered, the previous vouchers were from about a year ago) then they would take another 24 hours to respond back and the response most likely you are not going to like. The response I receive started with the common _Unfortunately, we are not able to....

Groupon takes so long to answer that if you are on a time crunch because of the upcoming expiration of your voucher is near, the voucher will expire and they won't do anything for the customer.

Too much hassle, too much of a waste of time, when you realize the amount of time you have wasted to resolve an issue you'll realize it's just not worth the effort.

fayek7
10/11/17

I've reached out to groupon a few times for vendors who have rejected my groupon against the terms. I've contacted groupon 3x about a specific issue, and they tell me that nothing can be done because vendors have their own terms (even if it isn't stated anywhere on the voucher, on the ad, or on the vendors site). The third time I called them was a few days after expiration and now they're telling me that nothing can be done because it's expired. He (name is Nor D) was extremely rude with me - basically pushing me off off the chat. Most sites have a feedback link or asks for feedback after each chat, but groupon does not.
I didn't even want a refund - I just wanted a voucher so I could purchase another groupon. I just don't understand because the money is staying in their pockets...

Groupon, stop stealing money from people!

ginam88
10/10/17

I have been using groupon for over a year now and yes i have had some issues with the seller but groupon has always been there to resolve the problem always. I buy quality products for cheap prices. It does not get any better than that

jeffd109
10/9/17

Has anyone noticed that Groupon cares so much about their customers that they shut down all of their customer service numbers? I think that companies that you can't reach by phone don't care about customer service and should be put out of business.

lorip6
10/9/17

Groupon gave me a credit to use when a vendor was not credible some months after purchase (but within the insured date)

kristam26
10/7/17

I`ve been using such services for a long time already and this one is pretty like the others out there - you can get really nice discounts on various items most of the time however there are times you really get nothing. In general the service is worth using, as for me.

vika157
10/6/17

I bought a Groupon to go eat in the restaurant, Groupon didn't say that you have to pay fees on the table plus there was $15 extra to pay for tip , i end up paying double the money then I purchased the Groupon for .

carolineh36
10/5/17

I've been using Groupon for 5 years. NEVER had a bad experience. Tracking is always on point. Great prices!

dann1199
10/5/17

Purchased a massage through Groupon and had trouble getting hold of the merchant to schedule my massage. Tried 4-5 times over a 5 month period. Got Groupon involved and they could not get merchant to respond. Groupon's answer? They gave me 24 hours to use a credit for the amount I purchased the massage for. I was not available and didn't get my email until 24 hours had lapsed. Then Groupon would not respond to my email.

stevej108
10/5/17

It's a love/can't stand relationship with this company. I love saving money. The app is good. CUSTOMER SERVICE IS HORRIBLE if you need ANY HELP. The chat agent twice quit chat abruptly when we were not done. I was waiting for them to do something. They don't even ask "have I addressed your concerns?" They just leave. The overall experience because of their customer service has left me deleting the app, canceling my account. It is not worth the money saved.

dano51
10/4/17

Horrific treatment by Groupon, advertised case of wine with free shipping, when paying for it , shipping was $29.95. Groupon has been totally useless in resolving this matter.

testt57
10/3/17

I purchased a Groupon because I was promised I would be able to return it should I choose to later.

Now I am told this is not possible only 3 days after. That little detail was hidden deep in the website, away from anyone deciding to make a purchase.

This practice is unethical and 100% unacceptable.

sharont87
10/1/17

Buca di Beppo was very expensive for two people. Okay my fault for not doing more research. My husband and I love leftovers so what the neck. $90 later food was not any better even when I tried doctoring it at home. Would never ever eat here again. Chicken Parm. And Chicken Alfredo was our two picks. Olive garden even Fazolis had more flavor

ashleyh150
10/1/17

After searching for the best place to buy flowers. I decided to purchase a voucher for 30$ worth of flowers from 1800-flowers. After visiting their website, I found out that they will charge you a service fee of 15$ in addition to your order! That is not listed in any fine print and really defeats the purpose of any voucher. I should have just purchased the larger flowers and got my service fee waived better then giving groupon my money on top of the flower place.waste of money!

patrickg71
9/29/17

Groupon sold me a membership to a gym, which turns out to have been closed for weeks. Then working through multiple "chat" sessions (as no human exists at Groupon) I was finally told that I could use my purchase towards another Groupon purchase. 1) I should be able to get a refund! ...2) They are still selling Groupon's for the closed gym, even after they "confirmed" that it was closed.

I would guess that a substantial portion of Groupon's profit is unused Groupons!

Crooks. Spread the word.

tytrt
9/29/17

There was a problem with my card so they just canceled the order without informing me. when I notice the item was out of stock. Very poor customer service.....

paulinek2
9/28/17

I have never had a bad experience with Groupon. They have always come thru with the items I have ordered. Except for one time when they e-mailed me to let me know that they had a problem with the vendor, whose product I ordered, and that my item was not available and they refunded my money to my method of payment. Great company, good customer support.

marthat24
9/28/17

We recently purchased a hotel room in Aspen through Groupon. We paid for it up front as is required to "get the deal". We traveled to our destination with 2 kids 5 hours. When we tried to check in to the hotel they told us they did not have our reservation to contact Groupon. The hotel further told us they did not have any rooms available anyway, they were sold out. We contacted Groupon and you have to try to chat with them on the phone you get NOWHERE. They wrote us an e-mail giving us a refund and said they were sorry. They left us stranded with no solution to their screw up. With 2 kids and after traveling 5 hours we had no choice the cheapest room we found on the spot we found was 3 times more than we had booked but we had no choice they left us stranded. Groupon has no guarantees for what they sale, sales are NEVER final, they are false advertising. They say Ibam sorry at nauseum but in the en all they do is give a refund. Imagine if you are far from home, they gave us a coupon for $100 to spend with them. As if you want to buy from them again. Customer service amounts to I am sorry emails with no solutions NOTHING.

lenad10
9/28/17

Very frustrating - groupon has gone downhill.
I used to be an advocate until the last two groupon deals I bought BOTH were falsely advertised and impossible to redeem.

1. The place groupon sold me a voucher for was closed for 2 months and yet groupon still sold their service with false advertising.

2. Absolutely absurd. I bought a flight lesson as a gift. When I called the company they swear groupon was supposed to stop selling their voucher and that they were invalid. Groupon never sent any notification or apology for their mistake.

There is no phone number to call and on the chat if you can convince them to give you a refund, you have to wait 72 hours for someone else to contact you.

1,623 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E. on 1/19/16
Helpful answer

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h. on 11/21/15
Helpful answer

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M. on 6/4/16
Helpful answer

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G. on 11/2/15
Helpful answer

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P. on 11/9/15
Helpful answer

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H. on 4/19/15
Helpful answer

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I. on 9/7/15
Helpful answer

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R. on 2/4/16
Helpful answer

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B. on 8/5/15
Helpful answer

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S. on 6/1/15
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

30 Photos for Groupon