Review of Groupon

Tel: +1.3128705288
sysadmin@groupon.com

tj236
8/21/17

1- I contacted Groupon repeatedly and all I received were your automated responses. I sent you exact tracking info and you still ignored my plea for support.
2- A shipping label was created on the day after I purchased the item and it still did not ship as I was told by you and the shipper. Blatant lies. The USPS never received until today. I cannot tell you how it makes me feel when companies treat you like a NUMBER instead of a HUMAN BEING. I called a customer service number to try and explain it but I found out you SHUT OFF all customer support numbers? Why? To hind from your customers who REALLY need you?
3-I Tried the customer support ON-LINE chat that stated representatives are standing by? Yet another LIE. Your website states you are there but you try they say they are available? Which one is it?
4-Your company is supposed to be our advocate in all things through your site but you do nothing when someone needs you. Nothing but wait until the issue just goes away on it's on. I am DONE with your company and your supposed support. I am posting these comments on EVERY SITE I CAN FIND to get out the truth about you company. I am going to email it to my friends and I am going to post every bulletin board I can log on to.
Your COMPANY HAS FORGOTTEN WHO MADE YOU A COMPANY "THE CUSTOMERS".
5-Convently, you send me a review after the item finally shipped? What a coincidence huh? This could not be staged at all?
People need you when we need you and we actually need you to read what is sent to you not trust the third party sender over your loyal customers. Thank you for doing ABSOLUTELY NOTHING TO HELP ME WITH MY ISSUE! It meant a lot to me.

Tip for consumers: AVOID THIS SITE, no phone numbers available, no on-line chat available. I still have not spoken to anyone in 2 weeks.

valeriew47
8/21/17

I love Groupon as they have some really good discounted offers on days out meals and goods. When you purchase there's no clicking and pasting like on wowcher

msamis
8/20/17

the customer service is so helpless and rude and not helpful, i wish if they have people know what to do not someone end the chat and doesnt help people

jk180
8/19/17

No warning, no explanation--I just tried to log into my account today and was told that account no longer exists. Along with it went the $100 Groupon credit I'd purchased with MY MONEY and applied to my account. Scumbags! They've not heard the last of me.

jk179
8/17/17

Don't sue Groupon for salon services! They are only good for very limited entertainment functions - you cannot be sure they have verified anything about the business and if you have any issues with fulfillment they refuse to assist, refund or credit. They continue to send stock emails that show they are not even reading your complaint. Groupon does not care - so buyer Beware - only purchase if you are very comfortable that it is a legitimate business and you will be able to get your deal - in fact you should probably make the appointment and check out the business BEFORE ever considering the Groupon - and know that if you have ANY issues Groupon will not help you at all

juliab64
8/17/17

This morning I bought a coupon for a massage, then changed my mind.
Groupon's refund policy says things can be returned for refund within 3 days.
I tried to contact them to return the coupon, and it is impossible.
There is no phone number, web form, email address or chat link.
The Help menu takes me to my order and refund policy - but there is no way to communicate with them.
I found a link to email at the bottom of my acknowledgement email and tried emailing them - I got a reply saying they would only help me through the web site.
After the charge has posted to my card, I will have the charge reversed.
This is the first and last time I use groupon. A company that is so cheap it has no customer service people is not a good company!

zipporahs
8/15/17

Im highly unsatisfied with yall customer service, u will wait for a nice amount of time for someone to come and assist u and when its their turn to be patient with u, they don't, they know nothing and need more training, Why are almost all the clothes they sell are paper cheap quality? Always ripped and always late? Why was i giving a defective code on a learning website that has already been used? Now i the customer is playing hide and go seek with the company and groupon:( This is outrageous and im highly dissapointed, i cant believe this.

bhagyas1
8/15/17

I couldn't login to my account. Pooor customer support .
First of all i was unable to buy particular deal and approached custpmer service they had no idea whats going on . And one day they disabled my account without notifying . I lost my money.. luckily it was small amount . Cannot trust this . Do not expect service like amazon. Big headache to a schedule appointment for spa and facials .

kimh206
8/14/17

NEVER USE THEM.GROUPON MADE A TOTAL MESS OF EVERYTHING FROM DAY ONE...IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT .I WORKED 7 DAYS 12 HOURS A DAY AS I GOT 398 CLIENTS IN 6 WEEKS,...SALON IM IN DEBT WITH THROUGH STOCK USED FOR MY DEAL.AND £6000 IS OWED TO ME FROM GROUPON WHO REFUSE TO PAY ..ALL HARD WORK ,TIME ,STOCK FOR NOTHING ,HAD TO CAP DEAL AS THEY KEPT STOCK MONEY ,,SO GOT BAD REVIEWS FROM CLIENTS WHO BOUGHT VOUCHERS BUT COULDNT BOOK...THANKS GROUPON

emilya67
8/14/17

It is impossible to contact Groupon by telephone. They have disconnected all toll free phone numbers. Several attempts to reach them by email was very frustrating and stressful. After providing my contact information and outlined my issue, I clicked on "I am not a robot" and had to select images over and over again but could not send the email. I then went on Live Chat and waited and waited for Operator to come on but finally gave up. Groupon sucks.

daven36
8/12/17

I bought several product codes to use from them, and when they don't work. You talk to customer service in India, who can do nothing. Don't use their service.

stevenh152
8/10/17

I purchased a restaurant coupon and I did not receive any proves nor coupons.
It clearly says that there was a transaction made on my bank account but I did not receive my coupon.
so I contacted customer service, and a woman assisted me but she ended chat by saying that she will assist me via e-mail. I did receive an e-mail but it was not a support e-mail. it was a chat log from the recent live chat. well, I still sent the picture of my transaction but there is no reply.

Please stay away from this site.
its just a huge scamming site.

christopherw102
8/9/17

I was billed by GROUPON for a daycruise that i never purchased. I was forced to contact local police and NEW YORK STATE ATTORNEY GENERALS OFFICE about this matter. CLEAR case of credit card fraud. NEVER EVER TRUST GROUPON

aprilk20
8/9/17

I could 0 if i could. I purchased eyelast ext service for 50$. The lady put wrong phone number so u cant reach her and email was replied 7 days after to give me an appointment. The worse she didnt show up to her own store. Btw Her name is lashed by niki in toronto so that you all stay away. I contacted groupon to get money back. I was told i cant get coz i purchased 2 weeks ago. I kept telling them i couldnt get reply from her all this time. They diddnt take any action at all. Basically i lost my money and time for nothing. Never groupon again!

miker278
8/8/17

Bought a groupon for a bakery to find out it was only valid at a location 250 miles away. Groupon would not refund the purchase price, just kept telling me to give it as a gift... Nobody wants a groupon as a gift, 250 miles away at a bakery.

saras197
8/8/17

The worst customer service ever!!!I wait for my order from 2 weeks now!!I contact them several time and any time I ask for refund,but they delete my request and constrict me to wait for my order to show up!!!

sarahs363
8/7/17

I got two groupons from Elle message. Made the appointments, the day of my appointment the place texts me, doesn't call to cancel my appointments. I tried rescheduling 3 different times. I tried emailing, texting multiple times and tried calling. I even went up to the place to find that it was a small business in another business. They wanted me to wait until she came out of an appointment just to rebook my appointment. So disgusted with Groupon because I told them what was going on and they said they wouldn't refund because it was after 3 days and that if I really wanted to then just give it away as a gift. First off one of them was a gift for my mother. And now neither one of us got the message because no one would ever reply back. Never again will I ever get a Groupon. And I will make sure to tell everyone and anyone how bad the customer service is. It was my first time and I was excited and now you have one extremely angry person.

crissyl1
8/7/17

Love using Groupon to my planned grocerie shopping to my last minute shopping urge. Groupon always has something I can use.

mian26
8/6/17

My friend is having twins and I wanted to buy her a beautiful dress for her shower. I found the dress on Groupon and placed the order. However, days later it had not shipped. It was supposed to ship in two days so I called and the order was well they could not give me an answer as to what happened. I was able to get a refund and the money was back in my account in 3 days. I ended up ordering the same dress on Amazon and it was delivered in time for her big shower.

daniloj2
8/5/17

Be Way of discounted oil change offers. They're not cheap!!! I and my daughter have used it(my daughter didn't know about my experience) . They offer the very basic oil change-read the fine print very well- if you get anything that is any different from what the coupon said you will get charged enormously higher prices than if you went to a regular oil change store(i.e. synthetic oil because car manufacturer says it has to be synthetic oil even after I told them I've used regular oil all the time prior and no problem)

donk69
8/4/17

HORRIBLE SITE, HORRIBLE "DEALS", HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. AND THE BUSINESSES ON THERE ARE GARBAGE ABOUT TO GO OUT OF BUSINESS OR SELLING "REFURBISHED" USED GARABAGE

ginap40

Short version:
I purchased a cell phone. I did not change my address on my profile when I moved so it was shipped to my old address. I noticed this error before it shipped and contacted Groupon's customer service to do a simple address change., I was told they could not change the address because the ordered had already been sent to the warehouse who was filling it. REALLY? Groupon has NO communication with the warehouses that fill their orders? WTH? Then they told me to wait until it had shipped & call FED EX to change the address. FED EX told me the shipper would have to contact them & change the address. So I contacted Groupon's customer support thinking they would at least call FED EX and change the address. And again I was told they could not do a SIMPLE ADDRESS CHANGE! WOW! My concern is that the new tenets will accept this package and not return it to me. So now I am out of a lot of money ...and all because Groupon is not capable of doing a SIMPLE ADDRESS CHANGE! I have learned my lesson and will never again do business with Groupon.

dorothyy11
8/3/17

Beware of deals on shows, you are not assigned a seat, you have to redeem the coupon on day of show, there is no guarantee of seating locations.

I found much better deals online, too bad, I wished I research 1st before I purchased from Groupon...Customer service was not helpful at all, it took me a long time before I was connected with someone, and she was no help at all.

Will definitely not purchase any shows from them again!

kristinm56
8/3/17

Customer service for Groupon is ridiculous. Had issues with a promotional code not applying to a purchase on an local activity my daughter has been dying to do or else I wouldn't have even bothered. When I saw what my help options were I saw that the live chat was available. I figured "great! this will probably be a fast solution" WRONG! I talked to multiple people and kept having to explain what was my dilemma over and over and sending screenshots of the error message, they kept terminating the chat! After the 4th attempt to get this resolved I was told that they were going to escalate to an account specialist because they had no idea why I was having issues. I told them don't even bother I am no longer worried about purchasing this the operator told me that they respected my decision and terminated the chat. After an hour I receive an email from a Groupon account specialist that said they review accounts over time and I found I violated their terms and my account has been closed! All because I asked for help! So I immediately contacted them again asking why they would do that and of course had no explanation but opened my account again. I re logged in, wiped my personal information and decided I was done with Groupon! Good riddance!

nicolev28
8/3/17

I purchased a coupon and the services from the company refused to be rendered for the purpose of the purchase and they refused my refund. I have a big event that I was going to and bought a hair package for a salon. The salon set up the appointment the day before the event only to cancel on me less than an hour before my appointment. Groupon says sorry, gift the voucher. I'm said that is shady business. I'm not "gifting" that trouble to ANYONE! So they just like to steal your money.

2,179 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

Yes , Groupon is legit. You need to read the fine print before ordering live event tickets- -they will not refund your money even if it's there fault. I only buy tickets for activities that don't expire or you can use the purchase price towards a non-Groupon service the vendor offers. Hope this helps.

By Wylendia E. on 1/19/16
Helpful answer

Yes, report it but using social media is a very effective way to get a companies attention. Spread the word, Groupon does not honor returns!

By karen h. on 11/21/15
Helpful answer

I do not buy or recommend buying anything with expectations of a guarantee. If it isn't what you expect. It is your problem - not theirs.

By Jackie M. on 6/4/16
Helpful answer

Groupon usually sends a tracking # via email If not do as the other people suggested, check My Groupons

By Storme G. on 11/2/15
Helpful answer

I usually call the merchants I am interested in before buying the coupons, and ask them if the groupon coupons work, and how much more I have to pay. You could do the same, contact the merchants you are interested in and ask them how groupon works for them?

By Julie P. on 11/9/15
Helpful answer

I personally do not trust groupon. The question previous to yours printed on this site should answer your question as to its reliaiblity

By SHIRL H. on 4/19/15
Helpful answer

No fees. However, the deals they advertise never add up to be what they seem on the web site. Beware

By Selcuk I. on 9/7/15
Helpful answer

The one I took by Holly and Hugo at least were I would research the company before buying. Also about twice a year they put all their courses for $5!! I got mine completed it and it helped boost my resume and I was able to get a vet assistant job pretty quickly compared to before where I only got a call back from about one place which didn't lead anywhere. :) hope I could help!

By Melanie R. on 2/4/16
Helpful answer

I wish I could say why, but a solution might be to contact Call Curtis, or your local News station that helps with consumer issues. They always seem to get fast resolutions, because companies hate BAD TV PUBLICITY.

By Patti B. on 8/5/15
Helpful answer

There should be a Proof of certification provided. Check that first, send Groupon support an email about your concerns. If I looked up the same ring. Is it being offered by Bliss? And 14k white gold? there is a description provided. From what I can see everything is there. I will tell you that there are 2 different scales for determining the clarity of diamonds. One is much more stricter that the other. Sorry I don't remember the names of them, but my guess is that the lower scale is being used to determine the clarity. I-J at 12-13 is about the standard for most diamonds bought in a jewelry store. Walmart would be n-m at 21-24 clarity. Print out the page so you have a copy as proof of the description. Take it to a jeweler and have it appraised. If it doesn't match, you have so many days to return the item. Groupon will keep a record of your emails and question sent. You can also contact Bliss Jewelry to confirm everything before you buy. An additional step that I recommend is to first sign up for ebates if you don't have an account. If you by it through the ebates site you will get back up to 12% of the sale price back. That's a lot of change back. No catch. I by everything through ebates. Yes you can return the item. Just make sure you are following the process.

By Bonnie S. on 6/1/15
Questions? Get answers from the Groupon staff and other customers.

30 Photos for Groupon