US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

andrewg108
2/24/17

When eating out and using a groupon, read the fine print. Lucky for me I was fine, but I overheard another couple complain they were deceived.

janets121
2/24/17

Can't get enough of the discounts...Now I just hope I have enough time to get them all completed!! I can't wait to see what the next item is that I will fall in love with.

tomc160
2/24/17

I don't want to waste any more of my time on this fiasco with Groupon so I will be brief.

They confirmed our reservation and emailed us the docs with a contact number to Solamar in Cabo but it was a non working number. Finally got another number(from groupon) to call and was told by the hotel that they couldn't confirm availability.

All told three hours on hold numerous times when we were told there is no room at the inn. I was told that a manager would call me back but of course nothing.

Shame on Groupon! I'll never use them again.

Beware of their questionable business practices.

mariav83
2/23/17

I did not get a refund nor a credit towards the voucher bought. Accidentally, I bought two coupons for a gym subscription of two months, however I did not realized until the coupon expired. I can not use the other coupon since I already used one and I moved to another place so I can not use the coupon nor give it to someone else. I am very disspointed with this purchase and I paid $158.

momc4
2/22/17

Haven't had any problems. Great service. Different deals everyday. They have everything from local to abroad, household, fashion, etc. Watch your wallet

gabrielas12
2/22/17

I purchased a spa voucher as a gift for someone back in November of 2016. In january the person gave me a call stating they have been trying to get a hold of the number groupon provided us with to make an appoitnment, but they never answered. My cousin went on to say that she found the spa on facebook and called the number on file, but still no answer. I then called groupon to explain all this and they told me that i was not able to get a refund because it was not within the 3 days of purchase. I got upset and they decided to take my claim into the next process which is a team that contacts the merchant and lets them know to give me a call. Miraculously, groupon somehow is able to speak to them within the same day that i call and advises me that the nerchant will be calling me in three days, if not they will move on go the next step. I said okay and hung up. The three days arrived and their next step happened to be the same step repeated. I do not believe that they even called the mercahnt since we had tried calling since Novemver and all of a sudden they get through after one phone call. They also didnt know that one of the numbers that they provided me with was out of service but apparently they had called them? GROUPON HAS THE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE. THEY DO NOT REFUND AND THEY HAVE FAKE THINGS TO PURCHASE. looking into suing them after seeing many reviews with my same issue.

johnj355
2/22/17

I've had mixed experiences using Groupon. Sometimes the deal you get isn't as good as what you thought it was!

krist2604
Kris T.
2/21/17

Really easy to shop and great place to get deals from. Definitely worth my time and money shopping here. Awaiting more great deals from them!

laurah167
2/20/17

Had trouble scheduling an appointment for a coupon I purchased they where scheduled 4 months out before I could go... I asked if I could get a credit to my account and they said only during the first three days.... I can say I will be deleting my account and warning everyone not to use the site...

lienh1
2/19/17

Love Groupon for the convenience. I got turned down cause I didn't know I should not use Groupon the 2nd time at the same store. Pls print in capital "VALID ONLY ONCE PER VISIT" on your Groupon deal then. Thank you.

kimberlym113
2/19/17

I have used Groupon for the first time before Christmas. I purchased an item that did not arrive on time (in fact, it was almost 6 day later than what it should have been). Since the item was now useless, I attempted to print a return label. It didn't work and had to contact customer service to send me one via email (this was the second time I needed to contact them, previously as I was trying to access my account the the password changes weren't working, the whole website didn't perform well for me on several occasions). Since i had payed with a disposable gift Visa card, I gave my banking information to customer service. Yet, they issued a refund on this non-existent card. When I asked for my money to be reimbursed by check or card, since I wanted nothing more to do with their company, they gave me Groupon credits. Nothing is worse that having to waste HOURS fixing issues related to an online order and lose your money also. NEVER AGAIN.

gorenk
2/19/17

First of all you cannot book online you have to send a email with all your details and they confirm the booking.They give the impression you park at the airport and tells you so by giving the postcode B26 3QJ when after booking they tell you the park is 10.6 miles away at Washwood Heath, Birmingham B8 2SQ. and the booking is through icanparkandride.com and not Drivefly.co.uk. The feedback for I can park and ride is very very poor.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE

davidk282
2/18/17

If you need something with better price, and do not mind other people, it's great.
Frequently I use Groupon with my friends and my girl, in many countries, formula works :-)

vinitar
2/18/17

While I am usually thrilled with my groupon purchases, this one is really disappointing! :( The Groupon advertises:4-person dinner or lunch experience package: four dosa, four glasses of house wine, four desserts - Bawarchi Dosa.
Each diner receives the following: * One dosa (up to $9.99 value) * One glass of house wine (up to $5.99 value) * One dessert (up to $4.99 value)
When we got there the manager told us that there are no desserts on the menu that are $4.99 and that we have to pay the difference if we want to order any dessert. He also said we need to pay tax on all the items we order and that for 4 people the tax would not be less than $20.
I did not use the groupon and tried reaching out to groupon to resolve the issue. Their response was, they cannot do anything about it and I need to contact the merchant to resolve the issue.

Tip for consumers: Call merchants and verify deals before you purchase the groupon!

antonios61
2/17/17

bien::..:..::...:::...::....::..::..:.:::::....::::..:.:::......:...::::::::::.....:::...:::::::::.....:::.........:::::::....

lisaw230
2/17/17

If you need a budget deal, they are ready with loads of deals for you. You can avail best offers in your nearby places. They are always available with great offers for you.

crystals41
2/17/17

Let's start out with the fact we were robbed. We checked in February 15th. We had booked through Groupon. Big mistake...( we will get to that later)

When we got to our room we were for the most part satisfied at first. Really the only issues I had were that there was blood on my duvet on my bed, as well as blood on the back up duvet they stored in the closet. The room wasn't the cleanest, but it wasn't terrible.

My husband and I were in a one bedroom suite. I awoke on February 16th in the morning to voices coming from the kitchen area. I was disoriented and groggy. The voices appeared to be laughing and chatting. When I entered the kitchen their were three people ( housekeepers I know now) standing there. They were shocked to see me. I assume they thought we were outside of the room. When I asked them what they were doing they said " you want housekeeping"? I hadn't asked for housekeeping. They left in a hurry. As soon as they left, I notice my wallet, which one of them had been standing right by, was unzipped. Empty. They had stolen our money, right down to the change purse! I awoke my husband and we called the front desk. We were informed the manager would have a "talk" with staff. While I waited for the managers to get back to me ....yes, again I'm an idiot! I checked reviews more thoroughly for this establishment. What I found was horrifying. Within the last two months, two other people had reviewed about theft of their belongings. That's when we called the police. We spent the next 4 hours dealing with the police and the rudest hotel managers I have ever dealt with in my life. During the time which we missed our coup,es massage , which we had also missed through this establishment. I just want to say the lady at the verde salon was very gracious about us cancelling.

We wanted a refund. Our stay wasn't even up yet, but we were leaving. The hotel manager refused our refund, stating we had bought a groupon and must get a refund from them. I was rightfully upset and crying...at which point the manager said if we didn't leave he would call the police back ON US! We had just been robbed by his staff!!!!

We left the hotel and I immediately contacted Groupon. After many (8) phone calls and 6 emails, the best they would do at first was refund half of my money in Groupon bucks...with an extra $40 in Groupon bucks for our "trouble". After 6 more emails..they agreed to refund half (1

dawnt26
2/15/17

We purchased 3 nights ar $77 per night. They added about $50 in taxes. When we got there they added another $90 in HOA cleaning fees etc. you have to take your own trash to garbage. It was a dump. Lightbulbs gone, phone didn't work, wifi password didn't work, construction work started ar 8 am. We were on the 3rd floor. Elevator broke. Couch miserable to set on. The bedspread worn out and dirty. A hotel would have not cost more and would have been much cleaner. The lamp by the bed didn't work.

zees28
2/14/17

So people tell me to try @Groupon and I finally look for something to buy. I figure I'd buy an LG Bluetooth because I need a Bluetooth. I order one on the 2nd and they keep telling me it will be delivered in less than a week. Here it is another week and my Bluetooth has never shipped. $100 down the drain because their poor excuse for customer service tells me they can only help two hours after the order has been placed and I have missed that window of opportunity. #scam

sandya11
2/14/17

We use it often, especially when we want to check out a new place. Has soooo many places, restaurants, health and beauty, etc to check out it may take a while but worth it.

tonyp83
2/14/17

I am very unhappy with their service, I bought 2 coupons for my son's swimming lessons, I used one to register him and I found out that I could not use the second one for my son so I called for a refund; their response was : sorry we can not refund your money, you can only give it to someone else as a gift ......
I even talked to a supervisor, but they would not help me.
This was my first time with them and it will be the last one for sure !!!!!!
BE VERY CAREFUL IF YOU WANT TO BUY A COUPON FROM THEM !!!!

all2676
2/14/17

I am no longer a fan of Groupon. Groupon has now sold me, three times, certificates for businesses that have cancelled their contracts with Groupon. In all instances, the contracts had been cancelled for at least 30 days and in the last instance the contract had been cancelled for more than 45 days. Any decent business would have procedures in place to "update" their website for discontinued items so that customers were not inconvenienced by the company's lack of respect for the customer. A decent website manager should be able to insure an updated website accurate within a maximum of 7 days. To be 30-45 days in arrears should result in the termination of the website manager. Furthermore, the Groupon representative that assisted me only wanted to offer me "Groupon Bucks" for Groupons accuracy failure; I had to fight to obtain the issuance of a credit to my credit card. Good-bye Groupon!!!

janed192
2/13/17

I used my groupon buck to purchase a coat, but it took 50 days to received , 40 days behind their promised deliver date, the worst thing is when i open the package, it is not a coat, it is something else, like children's custume, I contact groupon and they told me that they cannot help me, i have to contact merchant directly. So i ask merchant information, they see they do not have, i have to initiate. They used my Groupon. Buck pay merchant and the told me they do not have information because all goes to computer. I bought item in their webpage, and they do not have any information? I ask to fill a ticket to investigate this merchant,but daniel by customer because they do not Investigate they merchant. I try to let othe customers knows ~ never accept thir groupon buck, they do not protect you.!

donnah126
2/12/17

I purchased two deals for facial threading only to find in the small print that the deal was limited to ONE discount per person. Luckily my friend was able to use the discounted threading service-but that has been the only issue with Groupon and was certainly my mistake for not reading thoroughly. Purchased some shoes at a great discount which I love. Overall, very happy with their services and offers.

julianac7
2/12/17

Good deals, good suport, good customer service. Highly recommend. I have been getting really good deals from groupon and getting to know really good professionals.

2,179 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

105 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question