US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jyotin
12/4/16

Your customer service is beyond inept. Why accept forms of payment like PayPal if you can't refund on it? Groupon bucks is a scam. I used to be a big groupon fan but not anymore. I have lost too much money in Groupon bucks. Shame on you

lawrencea17
12/4/16

Well for this christmas I wanted to buy a keychain that says a name on it. And groupon said it was $5 so I bought it and guess what? It was a code! $5 dollars for a code??? HELL NO! So I had to go to another online store to buy the keychain and input the promotional code. The keychain was $20 and the code took off the price but not the tax and shipping, in the end it was $7.65 when I went to checkout. But want to know how much I spent? Like 12 damn dollars! That's the last time I buy from groupon. To purchase a stupid code... A CODE!??? Get out of here. "Save 90% off" What lies... I saved like 50% off! I WANT 90% NOT 50% YOU STUPID GROUPON WEBSITE! I do not recommend groupon at all!

lisav44
12/2/16

There was a glitch on the groupon site and I am not sure how many times I clicked place order and the screen shows loading image and it keeps on spinning. It would be a waste of my time to sit there and wait to see if things went through.

They do not send you a notification when the order goes through and the only way to find out is if you log in again the next day and go to the groupons you purchased section to see if it went through.

Groupon gives you three days to Cancel an order. Also many of the discounts they sell are FINAL SALE. After three days, they take your money and they stand firm on not refunding you the money. Based on my experience live chatting their customer service rep, it doesn't look like it matters to them how frustrated/unhappy the customer is or if they loose the customer because they already have taken the money from you at this point. What this means is that they don't care about the customer satisfaction part of the business. They will take your money after 3 days and won't give it back to you NO MATTER WHAT and I'm saying this because I did a live chat with their customer service (Evangeline A) and then one of their supervisors (Belleza). They basically said its FINAL SALE and there isn't anything they can do about this. They totally ignored the system glitch part and never made a comment about it. What the customer service reps didn't know was that they were talking to some who actually understands how websites work because I'm a software developer by trade. For them to say that there isn't anything they could do about this is as dishonest as can be because anything on their webpage can be changed/modified especially if there was a mistake/error that occurred. As I'm writing this review, this kinda reminds me of bad customer service/support in developing countries. Because I have worked in customer service environments before, I can tell by their tone that they make it sound like they care and want you to be happy but its only superficial because they won't do anything to fix the issue. So since they took my money, I'm going to finish out with this last product and cancelled the other two items i bought just a moment ago. Then I'm going to stop supporting/using Groupon.

Just want to warn everyone that you should definitely think twice about using Groupon because they don't care about customer satisfaction and there are fine prints to almost every item they are selling. I read some other reviews on sitejabber.com and saw that there are many unsatisfied customer reviews with review titles like WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER dated 12/2/16, horrible, unethical company. Do not support them! dated 11/30/16, and AVOID GROUPON, THEY ARE A DISGRACEFUL COMPANY dated 11/29/16. All of these are pretty recent reviews as I'm writing this review on 12/2/2016.

I've also provided Groupon my cell number and email address if they want to have management call me to talk about this bad experience I had, however, its not likely they will call.

Also, looking at the rating distribution on site jabber, it looks like they have quite a lot of unsatisfied customers and not that much more satisfied customers. The overall rating here is rather low.

Tip for consumers: read on how groupon works and read all the fine prints because that is how they get you

maxm94
12/2/16

As I can tell about this site (and most of the alike ones) - its a good opportunity to get something at a low price, however I try to always order things I know about - that way you get a discount and the service/item of the expected quality.

katrinal10
12/2/16

I find great deals on groupon, but something to definitely watch out for is the terms and conditions. Each groupon is different, and it might be worth giving the business a call just in case. Groupon goods are also a great way to save on practical items.

claudiac43
12/2/16

I purchased a Groupon for a service, and when I called the business they told me they were not offering that service anymore. I asked Groupon for a refund because their policy clearly states that if the business cannot provide the service you purchased you can get a refund, and they never returned my money. They made me wait weeks because they were "verifying" or "contacting the business" they made up all kinds of excuses not to give me money back. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER

kellyd87
12/1/16

I am always happy with the discounts I can get from Groupon, I already purchase from Hotel stays, to pet supplies great products and prices, I recommend

emedos
11/30/16

STAY AWAY FROM GROUPON - SCAMMERS ARE THERE
I bought a £25 voucher for a full valet from a sham company called SnR detailing off Groupon. Redeemed the Voucher. The day I booked to take the car in for a wash, the company messaged me from mobile 07951544341 saying that their equipment had a major failure as a result they won't be able to carry out the service. There was no mentioning of repaying me my money. I called the number several times and the company would not answer nor respond to my messages. I went to Groupon and to my surprise groupon also refused to refund me my money, insisting that I should be dealing directly with the merchandise. Guys never use Groupon, if you need a service they provide please use wowcher instead.

kelseyg4
11/30/16

I tried to purchase a groupon for massage as a gift. The first time, the processing screen stayed on my computer for TWO HOURS. After 2 hours, I tried to refresh, still processing. Never received a confirmation email so I later retried the purchase, got the confirmation email right away. Of course, a few days later I notice 2 charges on my account. I emailed explaining their website FROZE and I never got an email for the first one, so I went ahead to purchase again, and that I only ordered ONE. Their email: "We are sorry you regret your purchase, but we cannot refund your purchase". I even called to explain and they pretty much said "yea sorry you ordered it".
If this happens to you, call your credit card company to refund it.
Horrible company!
Also, the small businesses that use Groupon to promote their business? You know they profit absolutely nothing!? Groupon takes the majority.

benc185
11/29/16

Well what can I say about Groupon, I am speechless....this rarely happens but I actually am struggling to find the right words about this company, how it continues to exist I will never know. I never thought it was possible for a company to stoop so low, they really couldn't care less. Please, for what it's worth, if you are reading this, avoid Groupon at all costs if you want to avoid pulling your hair out! I had the 2 worst hotel experiences of my life through Groupon before I found out about the scam that they are carrying out. Groupon doesn't actually offer good deals in reality, they hike prices up and discount them, making you pay full price. And if you do get anything a small amount below what you get anywhere else, it's because the product or experience is rubbish, not working anywhere else and wanted by no one else so they reduce it a little for you. Why pay for 150 pounds for stress and rubbish when you could pay an extra 30 and have an experience 100 times better! Groupon ruined 2 of my short breaks away before I knew about them so I vowed to never use them again. My partner bought a couple of products which were rubbish and ended up going in the bin after a few days when she didn't listen to me and if you look for any heavily discounted Groupon product anywhere else online, it's the same price or cheaper elsewhere!!!!! So, why am I writing this review if I vowed to never use them? Unfortunately a family friend bought me an experience as a birthday present. it was too late to refund by the time it got to me and I should have just binned it right then. Better to throw away the money spent on the voucher than go through the hassle of using it and cause even more of a headache. But I tried it (for the last time) and the voucher that I printed had the wrong address on it. I called Groupon beforehand to check if I have to book and they said "do what it says on the voucher" which literally says "Read through terms (which has useless information that does not help me) and show up and enjoy". No detailed address, no contact number, nothing else. I called and they repeated several times that everything I need to know is on the voucher. So I drive for an hour to the address they provided which is the incorrect one, couldn't find it and by the time I spent half an hour looking around, the place was likely to be closed. Now I had a look online and there are several different addresses for the place and different opening and closing times. Looks like Groupon are a bunch of cowboys who have clowns as partner to provide their useless products and services. Groupon is a disgrace and the sooner people stop using it to make it go out of business, the better!

carlas36
11/29/16

Facil de navegar e de comprar

prabak
11/29/16

Am regular costumer of Groupon! Love every item great prices. Delivery on time . customer service excellent! !!!!.

danielr136
11/29/16

I was looking for ideas for my wedding anniversary, and after looking through GROUPON'S website, i was able to find and book several vouchers. My wife LOVED all the activities planned for the whole weekend, all thanks to GROUPON. It also helped that all the places i went to, had good reviews as well. I definitely recommend this site.

joane20
11/27/16

I've purchased electric toothbrush heads, 600 count sheets. I was about to purchase "DuPont alergen heater filters" until I read a review of the product. In my experience the items are not as advertised. Electric toothbrush heads were not "sensitive" although they looked the same as my Oral B sensitive heads. The sheets were nice and seemed ok until the 3rd washing, when the seam split. I have never had sheets that had a seam split. The heater filters' review said there was no marking on the product denoting "DuPont" and the size was "off". I will no longer look at or purchase anything on Groupon. The prices seem good but the product is inferior in my experience.

marciaf6

love this site

fainam
11/26/16

Great deals for reasonable prices.

markd177
11/26/16

First time I used this site and definitely the last.could not use the promo code, then was told I was given Groupon bucks for my next purchase. What about this purchase? Ugh.
Never Again....

corriep2
11/25/16

If you plan to buy things on Groupon. Be cautious of the price drop! They will not give you the difference of the sale even if has not been shipped yet. They only give you 3 days... Keep an eye on your account.

ashleyl83
11/24/16

I always check Groupon first before making purchases. Chances are you can find what you're looking for but at a better deal on Groupon

rakesha4
11/23/16

My little son created a big groupon order while playing on computer (as my cc information was saved in my acct). I called the customer support around 3 hours after the order was placed, they were unwilling to help - they told me the order can not be cancelled. You have to ship the items back to the merchants for refund. I am not sure if I will get my money back :-(

tinal77
11/23/16

There is a delay on the site, so that expired or maxed out offers still appear on the website as available. When you try to place your order you get a generic error message that does not explain what the problem is and you have to waste your time calling or "live chatting" in order to figure it out.

dawnr42
11/22/16

I love this company in everyway. Love every item great prices. Delivery on time . customer service excellent! !!!!

deannaw3
11/21/16

I always use Groupon to get movie tickets ...just double check the fine print ...usually only good on weekdays and not the weekends but still a great value!

lauram217
11/21/16

If you buy a groupon - you better pray that you don't have a problem or need assistance of any kind. Groupon customer service is located in the Philippines and staffed by employees who are not empowered and not trained in any way to assist you. After 7 calls and over 3 hours of waiting on hold - my problem is still not resolved. They are either incapable or unwilling to assist in any way.
Their terms and conditions are also vague and not spelled out at all. If you buys tickets to a show - you will not be able to select your seats directly from the venue. You will be basically on standby and will receive tickets available 2 days before the show. It does not indicate this information on your groupon purchase. Groupon has changed. they are no longer a good company to work with.

annav35
11/21/16

Groupon is an excellet site with many awesome deals. I love it! I've used it for entertaiment, school, household stuff and much more. Need a vacation, a good place to eat, a course, whatever you are searching for search it on Groupon first!

2,179 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

101 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question