US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

sarahb242
9/25/16

Groupon devalues good businesses. Plain and simple. It is an advertising ploy and thats it.

ronm106
9/23/16

Some of the items promoted aren't entirely top quality and occasionally, advertised locations go out of business. When notified of a problem, Groupon does respond in a timely manner, although they sometimes expect you to resolve the issue with the vendor rather than work on it themselves.

ivav2
9/23/16

I like the fact that i can find almost anything on this site and then the deals make it a sweeter experience

rukhsanas
9/23/16

I purchased a desk from Groupon in July 2016 the photo of the desk was white. However, when I purchased it the desk was black. So immediately I phoned them only to be told I could not cancel and I had to have it delivered and then to return it even though I did not want it. It then took 6 weeks for them to collect. After constantly calling them they would give me a date for collection but no one would collect. After 6 weeks I found out they never processed my collection. The desk was in their warehouse since August 17th they asked me to provide proof which I did it is now the 23rd Sept and I am still waiting for my refund. I have sent so many emails and phone calls and each time I get fobbed off with excuses. It has cost me more in phone calls and time. I used to really like their offers but after this experience I will not be buying anything from them again. £90.00 is a lot to lose.

ronnyd9
9/22/16

Like any discount service you have to use it to benefit. I must use the same day or I forget. I have a couple hundred dollars in expired groupons i need to claim. The initial cash value can never expire.

janetc72
9/22/16

Mobile app and website cannot process any of my orders when trying to use Groupon Bucks. When trying to contact customer service, no response for days and no one available on live chat. I want my money back. Groupon, you are the WORST. Crappy products and services..thought I'd give it one last shot but now you are just a thief.

alisons31
9/22/16

The bed I ordered arrived quickly enough, but has several nicks on the back of the headboard. I was willing to overlook them because they were on the back. The bed was already assembled and when I leaned against the headboard, It started coming apart. Their initial response was for me to disassemble the bed and return it for a refund! There was no way! The bed can be repaired and I wanted a partial refund to pay someone to do it. After a week, I finally got someone to resolve the issue, agreeing to give me a partial refund. BUT I can only use it as a Groupon credit and I also didn't feel that it was enough. I wanted the money refunded to my credit card, not my Groupon account, because I plan on never using them again! Crappy customer service and crappy policies!! I deal a lot with another more major online retailer, (a river in S. America) and I know they would have been much more accommodating.

harryh59
9/21/16

After you sign up, prepared to be swamped with emails for all kinds of junk and scams that you have no interest in.

auroraj2
9/20/16

If you know the price of what you're buying outside of Groupon's system you can often find excellent deals here. But sometimes they will overinflate the "retail" or "MSRP" price to many times what you can find online in order to make it seem like you're getting an amazing deal. Yes, sometimes you really can get a great deal, but you have to be educated about what you're buying and dont make impulse purchases whenever you see something is "80% off" for example..

stormd5
9/19/16

Ordered a 160 cupon and changed my mind a few days later. I was told there were no refunds but they had cancelled my order and insted gave me 160 groupon bucks. So now apparently i get nether of the things i wanted. Stay away from this place unless you're a lawyer!

angelal69
9/19/16

I recently ordered Hydroxycut black by one get one from Groupon. The expected arrival date was September 17th but today is the 19th and product still has not arrived, Nor has the shipping information been updated since item tracking stated it has been shipped. Not a great way to do business!

nancyq15
9/19/16

Bully sticks were wildly misrepresented. Thin smelly sticks! Took under 5 minutes for my dog to eat one. Bundle cost-$25! Poor quality dog bed cover, sweet potato jerky misrepresented. Expensive! Dry, tasteless chips. Dog hated them!

jessl46
9/18/16

Great for a discount shopper!!

anony284
9/17/16

And i have been using this site often, its hit or miss but more often than not pretty happy with items or travel discounts

edmundg5
9/17/16

I purchased a Dining Out Denver Paasbook through Groupon on September 3rd and have heard nothing. I get no response from Groupon or Dining Out Denver.

annettea12
9/16/16

I purchased play tickets on Aug 3 for a show on Sept 17. I purchased early so I could get a good seat but I was never able to print out my ticket. By the end of August I started to email and call to find out why, that's when I was informed that I would not be able to print my ticket until the day of the show. I asked for a refund since it had been a month and I still did not have the product that I purchased. I wanted to just go to the ticket office website and purchase a ticket at full price so I could go to the show but I was told that I could not get a refund and the only thing that I could do is give the ticket away but they would not issue me a refund. The only thing I could do is wait. The day before the show I went back to groupons website to see if I could print the tickets only to find that they canceled the offer and refunded all the tickets with no explanation. The tickets are no longer available and I can not see the play that I've waited so long to see. I believe groupon sellers sells the tickets and makes you wait to print the actual tickets to see if they will sell them at full price. If they don't, groupon ticket holders will get the seats that's left over, and if they do sell all of the seats at regular price then the groupon ticket holders are just out of luck. That's what I think happens.

tarag20
9/15/16

Some good stuff

zacharyt10
9/15/16

I ordered an item and they confirmed it but 3 days later they said it did not work and now i have to wait 10 days for my money back on my card. It has happened to me 7 times now
f them

joei13
9/13/16

I ordered a item & fedx delivered to wrong address, Groupon reimbursed me for the item very quickly. Call Fedx about filing a claim, never heard from them again.

danilap
9/13/16

Yo no puedo realizar compras en la calle lo realizó por línea y esta empresa es muy seria

trinaf2
9/13/16

I have bought several group ons and they are a wonderful way to save. Unfortunately I have had to use their customer service but they are one of the best cs I have ever dealt with.
I highly recommend this site for anyone who wants to save.
Sincerely,
rosfleis

anonymousu11
9/12/16

Back when Groupon started I used to find some pretty interesting deals. Now you ha a lot of misguiding offers that end up making you pay what the product/service actual value, sometimes even more than you can find from other sources.

lindan69
9/12/16

We purchased a Groupon for a favorite restaurant. The restaurant closed shortly after our purchase. Groupon will not refund. We have contacted their customer service again and again. Still no refund. Terrible customer service. Please do not buy from Groupon.

Tip for consumers: Don't purchase from Groupon. They may steal your money as they have from us.

glenc24
9/11/16

Just for my own curiosity, I was taking a free MOOC at coursera.org about complex analysis, you know like about the Mandelbrot set and Cauchy-Riemann equations. But not being super smart, I needed help! I found a grad student nearby who charged $50/hour so I hired him for some help. But then I found KJS Tutoring which had an active Groupon going on. I joined Groupon, got their promotional discount for first-time Groupon users, then bought the KJS Tutoring Groupon, and voila! I have a two hours of very affordable (almost free) tutoring in a difficult math subject via Skype from KJS Tutoring!
Love that Groupon.

artd13
9/10/16

Some offers appear OK but a lot are just a loss leader which gets you onto yet another database. Groupon constantly badgers you with offers and nuisance e-mails. Avoid unless you like an overflowing inbox.

2,179 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

97 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Groupon staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question