US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

juliep70
8/19/16

Last year I really liked the company. I bought my luggage from them. Just recently I was looking at the catalog from them. Telling of the sales, save up to 50%. It is a big lie! If I want to buy a product I will go online to get reviews of the product and compare prices with other online sights. I can't believe how Deceiving they are to their Believing customers! People like the idea they only have to pay 20.00 a month minimum. What they fail to see is their prices are alot higher so when they post a sale other online sights are still alot less expensive plus the interest rate you pay. They collect alot of cash. So they Deceive people. And for this reason I give them a ZERO!

abraml13
8/15/16

I am very satisfied doing business with GETTINGTON. It has the best merchandise that anyone can purchase. I will inform anyone to shop at GETTINGTON It is the best. MR> ABRAM LAWSON, PhD.

juliet183
7/25/16

Where do I start? This company is nothing but a bunch of thieves, I only had 2 more payments to go and just this month they've taken 4 payments and was told that my refund would take up to 30 days, then they told me I still owed them $22 bucks, they aren't getting it. When it's all said and done, I went to my bank and had them close the account. I will never ever ever do business with this pathetic company again. Don't waste your time or money on them. Stay away from them.

mikey67
7/22/16

I'm speechless about this company. Are they scam artists or a legitimate company? Don't ever set "autopay" with Gettington! What a pathetic company! What a bunch of losers, they need to get real job. All calls are being answered in a foreign country, Philippines. They're money hungry. I understand only half of what they're saying.

Don't believe anything they say. There's a problem with my account balance, and when I tried to talk to the customer service, they forward me to their collection dept. When I talked to the collection dept. they told me I don't have to worry about making a minimum payment for this month because I made a double payment for June and July, they will say anything to make you believe that everything is gonna be ok. They said an adjustment will be made by today. Well, tomorrow is my minimum payment due date. My account balance is still not adjusted and the minimum payment still shows as $66 when it should be $0. When I called today, they told me a whole different story. They said that there's nothing they can do about the minimum payment and my account balance. They told me on 18, 19, 20, they will adjust the account balance as well as minimum payment amount. Never happened.
They are just waiting for me to miss my minimum payment due date, so that they can charge another late fee.
I left several messages to supervisors regarding this issue, but nobody had called me. They gave me false information about their names, they don't update the account balance, and they don't do follow ups! When I asked their name, they gave me wrong names, I guess they don't want to be tracked down or be responsible for what they say. Lack of Knowledge? There's no communication between the customer service and collection dept. Every time I call, I spent 25 minutes to 30 minutes because they failed to update information from the previous calls. THEY'RE NOT TRUST WORTHY!

I have never requested any reimbursement for the previous payment I made. Why would I do that? For some reason, they told me they reimbursed $40, but when I checked transactions at my bank, there's no credit of $40 from Gettington. I called the customer service, but they kept insisting the reimbursement was made. Wow, are they serious? They're scam artists. I went to my bank and had the branch manager fax Getttington a statement showing that there's no credit of $40 from Gettington. Despite the fact, as of right now, they still didn't update my account balance. They're giving me headaches and the runaround! I'm planning to take them to a court if I have to. I spent almost 700 to 800 minutes with them about this issue, they couldn't get it together. All they do is transferring the calls to the collection, when I talk to the collection, they transferred me back to the customer service just back and forth. And it's really hard to understand their thick heavy accent. I'm sick and tired of how they handle their business. They're crazy. Be careful about giving them your bank infor. Close your account ASAP! They will ruin your credit! YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

lyndam25
7/15/16

I should have checked all the negative comments about Gettington before I purchased a laptop from the company (I relied on a friend's suggestion to buy from them ONLY because of its prices).

When the laptop arrived, I was unable to use headphones, so I IMMEDIATELY returned it and, yes, they did replace it. BUT, that was the only good thing they've done! After 2 years, the replacement laptop needs a new motherboard! Twice I wrote to the principal of Gettington and to the Executive VP, COO and CDO of its parent company, Bluestem Brands, Inc. and received absolutely no response whatsoever!

After 3 weeks of not receiving a response, I filed an online report with the Better Business Bureau. And, lo' and behold, I received a response from Gettington.com. Basically, the company took absolutely no responsibility for providing me with another defective product and merely repeated its 90-day warranty and stated I should contact Dell directly. In that I had previously owned a REFURBISHED Dell that worked perfectly for 5 years, I stand by my assertion that Gettington.com's computer products are not up to par, whyich is probably why they have such good prices. No, I'll NEVER buy ANYTHING from Gettington again or it's sister company Fingerhut, which are both owned by the same parent company Bluestem Brands, Inc. I should have researched online before buying from Gettington because I would not have done so due to the MANY, MANY, MANY complaints from its customers. Perhaps, if people stopped buying from them altogether, they'd start treating their customers better.

lynettem12
7/14/16

I have had an account with Gettington for 3+ years. So far, I have not had a problem with orders being complete, although a few items have been slightly damaged. My complaint is with their collection department. I make my payments through my bank, and they are always scheduled to arrive before the due date. Several times, I have gotten "confidential" emails reminding me my payment was due, even when the payment had already been credited. This last month, I got 2 voicemail messages about 15 minutes apart, telling me to call them about my account ASAP. So, I did. The agent I spoke to informed me that my account was overdue, and I owed a late fee. He was extremely rude and kept trying to talk me into making the payment right then through them to remove the late fee. When I finally saw a copy of my cancelled check, it showed Gettington had received it 2 days before the harassing phone call and had deposited the payment the day of. If you don't mind being harassed regularly about payments they have already received that they claim not to have received, good for you. I mind, and I won't be ordered from them anymore.

tima48
7/5/16

Bought a paint sprayer came in missing parts. They told me no problem use the label in the box to return. I did so and they put another one on my bill and shipped it out. Now I'm on the hook for 2 paint sprayers. They clame they never got it. And I should have insured the package!! It was there label and they didn't know the tracking number. For some reason it was not on there papers. So now im still paying for something I returned!!!!! Do not buy there trash and piss poor customer service!

kyc1
6/27/16

I had to apply for their credit before I could even access the site. Once inside, I knew right away that I wouldn't be ordering from them, ever -subpar quality products, severe lack of choices, and high interest rates and payments. Honestly, Fingerhut is better for people who need this sort of purchasing option. There is NO way to close the account, and now they keep calling AND texting me several times a day. I refuse to respond. When I tried to change what communications they can send me, all I get is some stupid error code and instructions to call them.

michellew69
6/11/16

I seen an opportunity and took it when my kids needed a new laptop for school. BIG MISTAKE EVER!!! I have been paying over a year on this laptop that wasn't even an expensive one eithe. I have had them to deducted the funds from my account every month. THEY STILL SAY I OWE OVER $700!!! That's the total finance charge and all from the beginning. The computer sucked as well. This can't keep happening like this I don't understand. I am about ready to throw my hands up at these thieves. Something just isn't right and yes I'm to the point where I'm ready to stop paying these people and take my chances. Oh and by the way if I could Id give this company a - 1.

janicem49
6/1/16

Great company I did my shopping for Christmas I received everything on time everything came very quickly quality was excellent I do not regret paying off my credit now to shop for Christmas this year I say give them a try you'll love shopping with this company

cheryd1
5/26/16

I have been charged $16.00 for about 12 months for Lifeline. Never agreed to get because it cannot help me, I don't have a job to loose . Called Lifeline all they said was to bad there is a 60 day refund so they refunded $34.00 but won't give me the other 10 months they took from my account. So I am out over $100.00 plus. WORST COMPANY EVER. I cancelled my account.

alexa1501
4/24/16

I have been a customer of Gettinton for atleast 4 years and all I have to say is, PEOPLE WAKE UP, THEY ARE THE BIGGEST RIP OFF ONLINE STORE!!!

Gettington is a online store that preys on people with bad/low credit and then gives them credit to make money with a very high interest and high monthly payments which is not up to payment standards. Additionally, their so called "Sale" is all bogus!!! Their prices are already jacked up way too high (above standard market) and they say certain percentage off, which is all lie. People, you could find better, newer products and cheaper deals else where, if you are smart. They also have electronics and computers that are outdated or older models which they sell at newer model's prices!!!

If you shop with Gettington, you must be a non-intelligent person who like to throw their own money away. After couple of my own deep research of me being a Gettington customer, I have seen that they really do RIP their customers off. One advice to all, if you see something you like at Gettington, research the product, do comparisons of prices and you will see it for yourself that Gettington has older models with new model's prices, plus they have inflated pricings too. RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING FROM GETTINGTON!!!

Tip for consumers: One advice to all, if you see something you like at Gettington, research the product, do comparisons of prices, year of when model was released and you will see it for yourself that Gettington has older models with new model's prices, plus they have inflated pricings too. RESEARCH BEFORE BUYING FROM GETTINGTON!!!

cathyh39
4/13/16

worst customer service
i have a return that was sent to them they even acknowledged the package was on its way back
they will not give me credit because the post office or whoever lost it
they owe me over $200

jonis9
4/6/16

If you are not buying a name brand that you are familiar with, don't bother with this company. Very poor quality products, inflated prices.

delilaw
3/11/16

This company comes off like sugar and spice granting credit to low credit score, and when you find that you'll pay almost DOUBLE for the merchandise you ordered, You'll lose it. Please be CAREFUL as to make your payments. My initial order was 120.00. I paid over 180.00 into it and bc of late fees I still owe 240.00? WT HECK??? I WANT EVEYONE TO KNOW HOW THIS COMPANY PROFITS!!!! OFF OF THE WEAK!!! PIGS!!!

earleneo
3/3/16

worst customer service in the world. everyone you speak to is out of country. they can not resolve your issues. everything you read in the review negatively is true. serious concerns and the bbb is not credible. missing items in orders/ orders receive that is damage and package like new. account does not reflect payment. is this company a scam and why has not government gotten involve

samj76
2/23/16

i have been a customer for about a year, no complaints., will keep on shopping there.

judyc46
2/10/16

I ordered some products in the fall of 2015 and they were good . I decided to order again big mistake. First they opened an acc in my daughters name without her consent (package was sent to my daughters home) . We didn't know till she got the bill. We called to straighten it out and they told us no way. Tacked on late fees. So we did automatically withdraw and because the date they started it was after the due date they tacked on late fees every month. Customer service was very rude and didn't help. Paid it off and urge everyone not to purchase from gettington. Wish we could afford a lawyer because what they did was wrong. Please don't order from them!!!

anthonyj43
1/28/16

Both a product,I returned it and they said they credit my account and I am still waiting,l normally pay my bill two days before or on the same day,I was late one day and they charged me $22.00,no grace period, gettington is a horrible company stay away from them.

jillr34
1/26/16

Been a satisfied customer for about 6 mo. No problems. On Jan 17 I ordered a treadmill. Realized the next morning it would be too heavy for me to handle. Called Customer service on the 18th (after I checked the status of free order--not shipped yet), CS rep said no problem, order cancelled. Two days later, got email saying it was shipped. Called CS again, was told sorry, been shipped, can't be cancelled. They told me to call UPS to cancel. Called UPS, they had no record of it being shipped, only notification of the label being generated. Could not cancel. I KEPT CHECKING THE TRACKING # AND GETTINGTON.COM DIDN'T EVEN SHIP IT TILL JAN 22, When UPS did deliver it on the 25th, I refused to accept it. I think eventually, they will take the charge off Mr account, but they will charge me the $65 shipping charges..UPDATE: Tracking shows me the returned package was received by Gettington on Feb 8, and signed by someone there. Nothing shows on my account balance. When I call to find out when the charge will be removed, CAN NOT TALK TO ANYONE...ONLY AUTOMATED SELECTIONS. Returns can take up to 10 days to show on my balance. And, there is all sorts of small print in the Returns Q&A section about how they handle returns, nothing positive.

Tip for consumers: They make it extremely difficult to cancel an order! And, returning an item is just as complicated. They do nothing at all to work with a customer to be sure that the customer is satisfied.

charw1
1/23/16

I bought a bed and a grill both or broke down I grill had one screw it didn't fit and when I called them they told me there was nothing they could do about it. The bed was no good from day one I had to eventually take it down and switch my kids to regular beds to keep the beds from collapsing and killing one of them oh by the way it was a bunk bed. I don't like wasting money and this was a total waste of money i will never in life order from this company again. If I could rate it a -0000 that's what it would get.

carola64
12/25/15

excellent products. Fast delivery of orders. And several offers of free shipping. Im still Smiling

allenw27
12/23/15

I ordered 2 items but only received 1. I contacted customer service and they stated they would investigate and I would receive a response back. After 2 weeks and not hearing anything I contacted them again. They gave me the same answer with the same results. No response but still charging me. The third time I called I told them I would not be using their service anymore they did not care. It has now been 6 months they keep raising my credit limit to try and get me to use their service but I am not going to spend my money on a company that does not care to make it right. All they had to do was show that it was delivered. They lost more money by not taking care of the customer then just crediting my account or proof that it was delivered.

pamw34
12/21/15

LESS THAN 2 MONTHS AFTER PURCHASING THIS LAPTOP IT WENT "DEAD" IT WILL NOT TURN ON. I CALLED COMPANY AND THEY ASKED TO CALL WARRANTY DEPT THEN WARRANTY DEPT ASKED ME TO CALL MANUFACTURER. MANUFACTURER ASKED ME TO SHIP LAPTOP BACK AT MY EXPENSE. I WILL KEEP EVERYONE POSTED ON RESULTS.

shirleyb49
12/17/15

I recently placed an order on 11/21 (plenty time to arrive by Christmas), it was 2 very popular items so I was glad that I was able to still order them while in stock. The promise delivery date was for 12/07. However, according to my order the items were "shipped via UPS", when I clicked on the tracking number to track the packages, It was noted that the UPS package was turned over to USPS for delivery. (Why this had happened, and WHY I was not told that the delivery would be coming from a different carrier, I'm not sure???) Well, I DID NOT RECEIVE THE PACKAGE ON 12/7 AS PROMISED! There was NO way for me to track the packages since the UPS tracking number was no longer good, since it had been turned over to USPS!
I still waited for the package to arrive thinking that there was just a delay because of the holiday season. On 12/10 I just happened to look at my account online and was SHOCKED to see that my order had been RETURNED!!!!! I could not believe it!!! When I contacted customer service online, the rep told me that the item had been returned to USPS, and they in turn returned it to Gettington. She informed me that I would need to re-order the items - well upon doing so, GUESS WHAT?!?!? THEY WERE NO LONGER IN STOCK!!!!! At this point I was livid - the rep told me to call the customer service line, which I did immediately. After 40min on the phone with a rep, all of the things the was offering my were UN-ACCEPATBLE! I found an item that was close to the returned item but there was a somewhat large price difference. After talking with the rep for 40min (he was trying to offer free shipping, which I was already getting, and $30 off of the new item, but for only 1 of them, not the 2 that I needed. I was feeing insulted and it was just UNACCEPTABLE CUSTOMER SERVICE for an ERROR that was clearly Gettington's , not mine. I insisted that I speak with his manager, and after being on the phone for over 1 hour, the only thing that they were willing to give me was a total of $50.00 ($25 off of each) and again with Free Shipping. Free shipping SHOULD NOT EVEN HAD BEEN AN OFFER, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN OFF THE TOP!
I needed these items as they were the 1 "big" gift for each of my kids for Christmas, so instead of staying on the phone for another hour I took the deal, but was NOT HAPPY with the end result.
I find it hard to believe that this was all they were going to offer and kept on telling me that they would give me Free Shipping. Ridiculous!
I'll have to seriously think twice about ordering again from this company!

15 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Gettington staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question