US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

bettyb80
1/20/17

Terrible customer service. Tried to cancel a movie ticket and only way is "chat", but was in "queue" for over 45 minutes both times I tried, when the "average wait time" shown was never more than 10. I never was able to get in touch with someone prior to the movie. Will never use again! Wish I had checked reviews prior to use. Lesson learned!

lizzettem
1/20/17

my first time purchasing from fandango NEVER AGAIN. I purchased tickets for a later date and after i made the purchase it showed the date correctly. The next morning when I opened my email to look at the confirmation it showed yesterdays date. I tried to exchange the tickets but the option wasn't allowed. Then customer team is through online messaging that isn't much help, they're just scripted what to respond. Fandango pretty much KEPT MY MONEY and delivered NO TICKETS. TOTAL RIP-OFF!!

brittneif
1/18/17

I went on the fandango website and purchased tickets for a certain date. However, my confirmation email had a different date than that which I had selected. I therefore proceeded to call customer service & was on hold for 20 until I hung up. This was the other day so I figured they were just busy so I called today and was on hold for 40 minutes and still did not get an answer. This is absurd, first you mess up my order then your customer service department is non-existent. Highly DO NOT recommend using fandango.

ginas57
1/16/17

I ordered two tickets but only needed one and when I got to the movie theater they told me to call Fandango....I did and was on hold for over 1 hour and half through the whole movie just for them to say "the movie already started" they cannot refund my $10 they will have to send up to headquarters and I should hear back in 1 day or two. I had to wait for an email and attach a copy of the ticket and wait.... still waiting......

anniec36
1/16/17

We tried redeeming a $15 gift card online through Fandango and their website gave us an error saying it had expired. 1) We had received three $15 gift cards in a sealed package and the first two worked and 2) On the back of the card it says it never expires. I called customer service and a recording said all reps were busy and to call back later. Then the phone system hung up on me. I tried twice more and same thing. I called back a week later and was on hold for 45 minutes. I finally gave up.

gingers15
1/15/17

After getting to the movies and finding out I had no tickets after they charged my credit card we tried to call them and also live chat them. After being on hold with both contact ways, we decided to purchase the tickets again and deal with it after. Then waiting on hold for 37 minutes only to be told to bad you had tickets in a different city and earlier time. REALLY!!!! They keep saying I had to contact them before the show started. Well how was I to know the show they said I had was much earlier. Didn't know there was a problem 1 1/2 hours earlier. But when I did I couldn't get a hold of them at all What a RIPOFF

maureenb32
1/9/17

I used Fandango to buy 3 tickets. When I got to the theater only 2 printed. I could not get customer service on the line, so I ended up paying for another ticket. I then emailed fandango asking for a refund. They send an automatic reply saying my message will be looked into within 48 hours. A week goes by and then I get another email asking if I still have the problem. I respond multiple times but the email keeps bouncing back to me. All in all the customer service sucks. I have uninstalled Fandango and instead have gone to AMC stubs, and the Movie Tavern website.

noty7
1/7/17

So if you want to wait on the phone for an hour only to get hung up on then waist your time with their horriable customer service. Worst experience ever!!! Charged me for tickets and never sent them to me aparrently it's a personal problem, I should contact my bank. Fandango your company sucks and I will never patron your website again.

rachelh90
1/5/17

I will never again purchase movie tickets from Fandango. I purchased 2 tickets for Manchester by the Sea for 12.26. When we got there, the movie was not playing. I contacted Fandango and heard back a week and a half later. They told me the movie was playing and they will not refund my money. So, they do not honor their customers and basically called me a liar.

hollyh38
1/3/17

I bought tickets through fandango where I was not informed of the "convenience fee" until my order was confirmed. I still had to go to the ticket window aka not convenient. When I arrived with my 6 year old to pick up our tickets I was informed that the show was cancelled but they could refund my money. I received NO notification.

davep103
1/3/17

On 12/30/2016 I purchased two tickets on Fandango website as a guest to the movie La La Land via your website. As I was checking out, the system timed out so I did not finish the purchase. I went back and processed a separate transaction and received the tickets. A day later, I noticed there were two identical charges on my debit card. I went to the Fandango website and started a chat session to ask for a credit for the duplicate charge. I was told I cannot get a credit unless I join the Fandango VIP club even though they validated the incorrect charge. This makes absolutely no sense to me and defies the eCommerce Logic. If you can sell something to me as a guest, you should also be able to credit back a duplicate charge as a guest. I am very disappointed with Fandango and their Customer Service. I already have a VIP account, but it is on a different email address than I used for this purchase. I did not want to setup a second VIP account, I also called Fandango the very next day and got the identical response that your policy is that you can only do a refund if someone is a member of your VIP club, even if they purchased tickets as a guest. For one, I am not looking to get a refund/exchange of a product, I am asking for reversal of a charge that is incorrect, very different. The fact that your customer service people and their supervisor cannot do this is pathetic.

This entire scenario should not be the case, if you can charge my credit card without a VIP account when I purchase tickets, you can credit back an incorrect charge. You cannot hold me hostage by telling me the only way to get a refund is to setup a VIP account. I wasted 60 minutes debating this $ 23.20 charge and I still have not resolved it. I will end up calling my bank and dispute the charge, another waste of time for me but probably the only way to get proper credit. I will also cancel my other VIP account and not waste my time doing business with any of the Fandango owned entities. I will encourage others via Social Media, etc. to do the same. Fandango seriously needs to look at their policies and not hold people hostage for a reversal of a bad charge by asking people to join their club which will result in additional emails and unwanted advertisements.

debbies123
1/3/17

Fandango is absolutely horrible. I will NEVER use this company again. We purchased tickets on our laptop and they were suppose to be e-mailed. When we were in line at the theater, we went to retrieve our tickets fut they were never e-mail. While at the theater, I tried on many occasions to log in, but the response was that Fandango didn't recognize my e-mail. Well, I just logged in from my pc to purchase the tickets, but I couldn't get to the tickets any way from my iPhone. Therefore, I could not get to the confirmation page for proof. I used my phone to call them and waited 15 minutes. The movie was about to begin, so I purchased another 4 tickets and decided to deal with it after the movie. Well, the customer service was absolutely no help. They did not refund my money and did not help me at all. They also know that they were having technical problems and can see that I was never able to use these tickets. I put the charge in dispute because in my book, that is stealing. We own a business and we would never take someone's money for a service/merchandise we didn't provide. It this was my mistake, I would eat the money but this was not my mistake and 100% on them. Horrible business and my prediction is that it will not be around for the long.

romelw

George (Listening)
George: Thank you for contacting Fandango Customer Support. My name is George. How may I assist you today?
Customer: I would like a refund for the tickets I bought. I didn't get to us them. 13500067304442
George: I understand you contacted today for a refund. Let me take a look at your order and see what options we have to help fix this for you.
George: Please give me 2 to 3 minutes to investigate your request.
Customer: ok
George: Thank you.
George: Purchases made on Fandango.com are only eligible for a refund or an exchange 2 hours or more before show time. Once we are beyond that 2 hour window, we are unable to process any kind of refund or exchange for Fandango credit.
Customer: so what do i do. Im just out 30 bucks.
Customer: I bought 3 tickets
Customer: Thats pretty $#*!ty customer service
George: After the showtime we are unable to offer a refund/exchange for a purchase.
Customer: Ok. But you should let people know this as they are buying the tickets. IN LARGE WARNING LETTERS so everyone knows.
Customer: I bet some people would hold off on buying from Fandango if they knew about that policy
George: The refund/exchange policy is available on the website on the checkout page before an order is completed.
Customer: In tiny font I bet?
Customer: Anyway, I will save this chat and let the cat out of the bag. have a good one. Goodbye.
George: I do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Is there anything else I can help you with today, Customer?

jacks527
1/2/17

There is no reason other than greed to charge a "convenience fee" when it is just convenient to them only. They do have a ton of Ads, that will pay more than enough for any maintenance experiences for the the web and credit card charges. I'd recommend NOT TO USE FANDANGO at all cost if you can.

debs62
12/28/16

We received fandango gift cards for Christmas. When we tried to purchase tickets on line over a period of a few days, error messages came up and the transaction could not be completed. After several attempts to resolve this issue with customer service, we have given up and will return the cards to the gift giver in the hope that she can get her money back. I give fandango a zero for service.

simong37
12/27/16

No lo usare no ayudan AL cliente super Malo me pusieron en esperar por mas de hora y media y no hubo ayuda de ninguna clase Fandango

danielh152
12/26/16

2nd time Famdango double booked seats, actually this last time they tripled booked the seats. While speaking to the manager of Alamo Draft house about others in our seats another group of people walked up with the same seat assignment.

Yes the 1st groups tickets were checked and all three groups used Fandango, printed their tickets, and had the exact same seat numbers. Yes the theater should've caught that once the we said it was double booked, but that doesn't matter when the tickets are assigned and printed through Fandango.

The manager Eric also said that they've been a lot of double books from Fandango and are suggesting that they will no lInger use them. I plan to post on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and any other social media I can get a hold of and recommend that everyone delete their Fandango app, cancel any tickets, and block their Web site from the overwhelming number of adds they send out.

It's the worst customer service when you take advantage of people who have to use the internet to order tickets because we live out of the area the theater is located.

myn38
12/22/16

After reading all these bad reviews I was a little sceptical about this service but it turns out that I have more than two braincells so I was able to purchase for the right movie on the right day at the right theatre. I mean all the info is right there for you to select and review before the purchase is finalized so I don't know how all these idiotic people are complaining like children when THEY messed up their order.

Also, since I was going to get off work late I was easily able to get credit for the money I paid and used that to purchase tickets for a later time through my account without waiting on hold or speaking with anyone.

So to all the people throwing online tempertantrums because they purchased for the incorrect day or didn't get a refund because they were not smart enough to go through their account to refund their own orders before the movie started I only have one thing to say... I pray that you do not have children since the world doesn't need anymore low IQ individuals.

russells47
12/21/16

Fandango is so bad I don't know where to begin. They have NO customer support whatsoever. Their website crashes all the time, both on mobile devices and home computers. When you finally figure out (after 30 minutes) how to navigate to their chat help, you're put in a queue for 45 minutes!!! Email requests for refunds are not processed..."error, error, error." I found a phone number and they won't answer because "all customer support agents are busy, call back." Are you kidding me. Fandango sucks.

jakkoj
12/19/16

Your cards are very inefficient for wiping. They kind of just spread the fecal matter around rather than absorbing it. 2 stars because I found I can scrape the ice off of my windows with it.

davidn120
12/19/16

Ordered tickets for a particular date. Tickets were sent to me for a date I did not pick. Cant get an exchange because I cant get a real human when I try to contact customer service, the chat feature is useless. 20 minute wait and just when you think your getting closer the wait time increases. What a scam they are. Was a first time user now I am a last time user. They are terrible.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE IT

betsyo
12/15/16

Fandango sucks! I ordered physical gift cards (thought it was more personal for the holidays) and it takes them 10 days to get here. They never got here. Their customer service took forever and was incredibly rude on live chat. They actually hung up once they realized they could not help. From now on, I will go to the theater myself. what a huuuuuuuge disappointment!!!!!!

samm667
12/9/16

Same movies on hulu. They offer coupons and don't follow through. It's basically a predator of stupid consumers. Don't be one of them.

yourenotg
12/8/16

And I'm not talking PayPal level fees, these are on a whole new level. Each ticket has a $1.50 tacked onto it. So for a family of 4, you're paying $6 in fees. Go to the movies twice, $12 in fees. Fandango claims It's easier, when in reality you try to let the window licking idiot scan your Fandango ticket, through 4 inches of glass, so he/she can give you THEIR ticket to get in, while a line of impatient movie goers huff and puff behind you. Fandango should pay YOU to use their service, for making you look like an inconsiderate fool. The ticket It's expensive enough to go see a mediocre movie at a mediocre theatre, but charging this amount on top of that is just a slap in the DlCK. I wish massive crippling bankruptcy upon this company as soon as possible.

amandap104
12/7/16

Just don't

39 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
johnm957
John M.
2 weeks, 6 days ago
Answer
juliam70
Julia M.
A: If your card wasn't charged don't try it again. You got lucky they didn't take your money. Read the reviews.
1 day, 1 hour ago
3 weeks, 2 days ago
Answer
juliam70
Julia M.
A: I didn't wake up with a dead horse in my bed but all other evidence in dealing with Fandango indicate that they are mob-owned. Perhaps the mob has more morals. Maybe not mob-owned. What would be worse than the mob because that's likely who owns them.

Difficult question to answer. Best not to do business with them anyway.
1 day, 1 hour ago