Review of Fandango

Tel: 866-857-5191
unsubscribe@fandango.com

stanl544
8/15/17

Bought movie tickets through Fandango website, stated right on the printout that you won't have to stand in line, "Just go directly to the ticket taker". What a sham. Had the print out, ticket taker sent us back through the line, said Fandango shouldn't have said no standing in line. You still have to go through line just like you were buying a regular ticket. Told us Fandango does that sort of thing all the time. Don't buy from Fandango. I tried to contact them on the Fandango website, lots of run around, rejected messages, computer responses directing you elsewhere. Not worth your time using Fandango. We are only one family, I'm sure Fandango will stay in business without us, but, they are on my list.

Tip for consumers: Do not use, no benefit at all. They won't respond to your requests for contact.

alanb132
8/15/17

We bought tickets for a movie that the theater then did not show, for reasons that were not made clear. Since we did not find out until after show time that there was to be no show time, we could not request a refund until after that time. Needless to say since then we have failed time and time again to get satisfaction from their customer service, whose main skill seems to be figuring out how to block our reasonable requests to get the matter resolved. I must say it is pretty amazing that a company will go this far just to unethically hang on to a few bucks. Clearly they care nothing for their reputation if these hundreds of negative reviews are anything to go by. STAY AWAY!

crystalg49
Crystal G.
8/13/17

First, I have been using Fandango for years. I've spent a lot of money thru them. I have stuck with them through their transitions and they won't refund me my $26?! I could not cancel my tickets for me and my toddler daughter prior to the start of the movie because their systems were down, which was confirmed by one of their reps, once I finally got one on the phone. I waited 30 minutes to get a rep on the line, only to be told he couldn't help and a refund was up to corporate. I spoke with a supervisor only to be told the same thing by her. She even admitted that their new system is overloaded and was more than likely down when I attempted to get in to cancel!! She said corporate would make a decision and email me. Corporate keeps a powerless frontline and lower management to have last say on their profits. Why have customer "care" if they can't resolve issues? Forget great customer service, Fandango cares only about their bottom line. I still have not heard from them and it has been nearly a month. I called back today and was put on hold for another 48 minutes!! It is such a simple resolution. Your system was down, I could not cancel in time, so refund me. They treat xustomers as if they are all dishonest. I even bought 2 new tickets to a different movie within the same time frame. Common sense says it is impossible to be in two places at once!! Corporate can care less. I am done with Fandango. Uninstalling the app now.

kittyk20
8/10/17

SCAM DO NOT USE THIS SITE
I bought 2 tickets July 26th and saw July 28th my account was charged twice. I called and was told it was reported to corporate and could take up to 10 business days for refund. I called them on business day 11 to ask about to progress of my refund and had a very rude man snap at me that I just have to wait and see when (and honestly I now feel "if") I get my refund. Asked to talk to supervisor and was sent to a voicemail.
I hope people read all this bad reviews and just buy tickets at theaters. You will save money and time!

takkiyahb
8/10/17

I purchased two tickets to see girls trip and on my way to the movies i received a call that my son what in a very bad accident. I was unable to attend the movies and Fandango refuse to give me a refund or even an exchange for tickets i never used. I spent $38 which included a $3.00 service fee charge. I am very disappointed with Fandango because this information is not posted on the website for you to see. When i received a called about my sons accident the first thing on my mind was the quickest way to get to the hospital, no call and cancel movie tickets. This is very sad that they think this is ok to do to people. PLEASE DO NOT USE FANDANGO YOU WILL REGRET IT AS I DID!!!

steven2247
7/30/17

I was VERY hesitant to use their services for a long time. However, I have decided to give it a try - bought Groupon then movie tickets for "Dunkirk" through fandango.....and lost all the money. AMC managers couldn't help because tickets were bought via fandango. So, I bought new movie tickets for full price on the spot and it was Impossible to reach the fandango customer service before, during or after the movie. bye, bye money...:-) Awful. Will never use this scam again ever. How do they stay in business?

ivyc21
7/27/17

I waited 25 minutes for customer service chat that sucked. I was typing my messages and the service person got on like every minute and said "are you there???" Like it takes a while to describe a situation. Very rude, very unhelpful, hate fandango.

lizo11
7/26/17

They say you get refund if you call before show. Yeah right they keep you on hold and they make sure they answer after show starts so they can denied your refund. The customer service is rude and they hang up when you make a point idiots. Never again bunch of scammers.

jills53
7/24/17

The customer service through Fandango is absolutely the worst I have ever experienced in my 50 years of life. We purchased 10 VIP Tickets at the Showplace Icon theater (opening of Spiderman). But, only were going to use 8. Wanting to make them available to other patrons, I tried to return them at the theater (St. Louis Park location), and, in the past, we could do that (and had done it half a dozen times). Unfortunately, this time we couldn't because I purchased them through Fandango rather than the theater website. I sat on hold for nearly an hour trying to return them through Fandango (have to do so before showtime). The theater manager was so kind as he saw my frustration and called them (Fandango) on a private number he had to get through quickly... and, he did! Just minutes he had a live person (while I was still on hold). He gave them the information and asked for the refund (it was still prior to show time). I went up and enjoyed Spiderman!!! When I called Fandango the next morning to assure the refund went through they denied it!!! Saying it had to be done before showtime and now I am late. I tried to convey that it WAS done prior to showtime the evening before... In any event... way too many email and phone calls later they continue to not refund my tickets. Do not purchase your tickets through Fandango! Go through the venue directly!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site!!! Terrible customer service. They do not care about their customers... only want your money and could care less your outcome. No Returns!!! They will just deny them; even if valid.

roser63
7/24/17

Fandango, I will NEVER use their site again. This was the first time i used their site and I pick the incorrect movie theater, i tried to call them and waiting to use their chat window by the time i actually connected with them it was obviously past my show time considering I was on hold for over 30 minutes. So once someone was finally on the other line they would not refund my $45 dollars nor credit me. PLEASE DO NOT USE Fandango........ PLEASE. I an a hard working single mom just trying to save time when trying to take my young ones to the show. PLEASE NEVER USE FANDANGO PLEASE

maidam1
7/22/17

I have had an account with FANGOGO for over 10 years -- yet I cannot get tickets -- I have filled in my credit card info 3 times and tried to order tickets that in the past would have take less than 5 minutes -- I am not into 5 trys and a note saying that my account is no good .. Thanks FANDANGO --the proverbial F you

devonw15
7/22/17

Fandango changed the date while my wife was trying to buy tickets, causing us to buy tickets for the complete wrong day. We were able to get a refund for Fandango credit but now it won't let us use that credit! We also never got the "convenience fee" refunded and will have to use our credit for that in the future. It is a rip-off!!!

ryanh129
7/21/17

I've used Fandango for over 4 years now and go to the movies a lot. I like the convenience of not having to stand in line to buy tickets. I also like that I can see movie times and watch trailers right on my phone. With electronic tickets I just have to show the QR code on my phone to the ticket taker.

Tip for consumers: If you have an AMC Stubs Card, enter your number in Fandango to avoid the convenience fee.

scotts272
7/20/17

I will never use Fandango again. Nor will I look at Rotten Tomatoes to guide my dollars and movie pick. Baby Driver with 92% favorable Rotten Tomatoes??? You must be kidding. It was terrible. And the fact that theaters can't refund you tickets if you can't make a show, ridiculous.

fandegos
7/18/17

This lady was rude and had a bad attitude. First of all we had to wait 30 min for anyone to answer that's ridiculous. She didn't seem concerned at all with the problems we had because your website you need to fix your customer service and website they both suck.

douglasw34
7/16/17

These people charge you for the "convenience" of using their site to get tickets, yet if you have to change something or if circumstances change, even if you contact them before the show time and with enough time to fix the problem, they refuse to do it and keep your money! This service mainly exists to enrich their pockets and screw customer service because they have none! I will never use them again and I will make sure all of my friends know of the shoddy and scam-like service they are working on people.

kenm143
7/16/17

My ticket was totally wrong, had to make a special trip to the movie theater to correct it and re-do the seat-selection before the good seats ran out. Reported to Fandango, and they stated "the convenience fee is non-refundable"

- really, what in any way was convenient about that.

kevenm11
7/13/17

The worst service I have ever had. I wait 40 minutes and the customer service rep was rude. Use us based customer service reps. I will never use fandago again. They are very inflexible and charge more than the movies. Stay away from these crooks

austind21
7/13/17

My one birthday present was go to see a movie. Got a date we all got dressed up. Check my card with a full balance and picked the movie. After numerous attempts both website and app would not process my purchase and give me my tickets. Regardless of the time, theater or movie.

There's no one to fix it on their costumer service line, and there's no help online. They don't care about their costumes. You ruined my birthday. And are lucky you can hide in your corporate buildings. I am looking up the closest address for your company so I can ruin your day.

Thanks for robbing me. $#*!ting on my birthday and lying... I am recording all of the wasted time.

I am going to make you pay.

ryanm163
7/12/17

Get rid of the fee and I'll start using you again, every time I turn around companies are trying to nickel and dime you after you take the time to select what you want I'm not having it I'll just stop in and buy from ticket booth and use fandango just to find time.

huongn5
7/11/17

the worst online service that I ever had. never ever try to do it again. it did charge me 2 times and don't want to refund me the money.... you guys should know how mad I am and how calm I was when I talked to their customer service. I reported the problem on July 4th and then they said they never had the conversation with me.... I felt like ...... omg.... this is full of brown solid ( you know what I meant )

benitas2
7/10/17

I am suppose to be VIP. But anyways I ordered 2 tickets to go to see "All Eyes on Me" I was not able to go so, I clicked I am not able to go to the show, received a credit with Fandago the JOKE. On Saturday 07/08/17 I re-ordered the show for Sun 07/09/17 at 1:20 p.m an emergency came up I was not able to cancel. I called today, to see if I could receive a credit they tell me that I should of cancel a hour before the movie start. Smh I feel all they had to do is call the dam theather and see if we attending , and give me credit. I was not asking for my money back. SO NOW I TAKE A LOST. WHAT KIND OF $#*! IS THIS. $#*! FANDANGO!.

tiffanys67
7/9/17

I used Fandango to purchase tickets to a movie because I had a coupon code for $5 off. My total showed the tickets plus the "convenience fee" minus the $5 coupon. I purchased the tickets but when I received my emailed receipt, the $5 had not been subtracted. I didn't have time to call customer service, so I emailed them instead. I didn't receive a response for over 48 hours. By this time, I had already used the tickets. I was told that they couldn't credit a completed order and they couldn't give me a refund because I had already used the tickets. They refused to resolve the issue. Their customer service is a joke and they are a bunch of crooks. Do not use this company under any circumstances!

isabels7
7/6/17

I purchased 2 movie tickets and I went to the wrong theater location, I called fandango and they told me they couldn't give a refund or an exchange. PLEEEEAAAASSSEEE DO NOT PURCHASE any type of tickets here. Peace a crap reap off.. they stole $40 I called the credit card to disputed and they told me they had to follow they're policy. Ugh I'm so upset money is hard to make and this people are thifs

keenal
7/5/17

I was on hold for a hour and technically they couldn't do anything about it no refund or anything. I call on my second phone they pick up within 5 minutes they need to get it together.

Helpful answer

Shauna, try Ken's suggestion. After years as a loyal customer & "Fan" of Fandango, I had an issue that should have been easily resolved. When I finally spoke to a live CSR, the response & subsequent email were robotic & useless. I now buy gift cards from the theatres & save my $$ and time. Good luck to you, though!!

By SJ P. on 6/30/15
Helpful answer

You do Julie S., but if you purchase it within 2 hours of the movie you are out of luck and that's what I happened to do. I accidentally chose that same day rather than the next day (Saturday) and since I was within a 2 hour time frame they said too bad. Never will use them again that's for sure. It was an honest mistake and I explained that but the woman on the phone was very nasty.

By Diane R. on 8/19/15
Helpful answer

I came down with an illness two days before my show. I requested a refund. Never heard a word from Fandango, and they charged my credit card. It is a scam. Helen Gruenhut

By Helen G. on 10/23/15
Helpful answer

I didn't wake up with a dead horse in my bed but all other evidence in dealing with Fandango indicate that they are mob-owned. Perhaps the mob has more morals. Maybe not mob-owned. What would be worse than the mob because that's likely who owns them. Difficult question to answer. Best not to do business with them anyway.

By Julia M. on 12/31/16
Helpful answer

Its just like buying tickets at the window. You don't have a "specific" seat reserved. They have X amount of seats available. If you are looking for a certain seat , certain row just get there early

By Babette W. on 11/15/15

Agree.

By Suzanne D. on 12/16/15
Helpful answer

Pinky P...judging by your rude response and the fact you think Fandango is so great...I'm wondering how long you've worked for them. Two hour window for a refund? WRONG! I contacted them withing moments of purchase...no refund, just rudeness.

By Ginger N. on 5/6/16
Helpful answer

If your card wasn't charged don't try it again. You got lucky they didn't take your money. Read the reviews.

By Julia M. on 1/3/17

No you can't

By Pinky p. on 6/11/16
Helpful answer

Did you know you Vann send this to your own phone rather than contacting customer care....if that is one of the redemption options then yes it's possible....n the option is seen on the confirmation page

By Pinky p. on 2/12/16
Questions? Get answers from the Fandango staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Fandango