US Government’s NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

amandam147
9/16/16

I HATE fANDANGO.
I bought a movie ticket that i thought it was straight from cinemark, but i got directed to their website. They gave the wrong ticket, and did not help me get my money back.
Customer service sucked, was rude and not helpful AT ALL.
If I could I would give it ZERO stars.

I'm not ever purchasing anything through here again.

preciousl4
9/12/16

I would have loved to have written a review on how the movie "Don't Breathe" was. Problem is i didn't see it! I ordered my tickets on Fandango.com but selected the wrong movie theater. When I got to the movie theater that I thought I'd purchased tickets for, I was informed that I was at the wrong theater. I immediately logged on to my Fandango account and requested a credit so I could purchase tickets for the correct movie theater. I was told that because it was more than 2 hours prior to the start time of the movie, I was unable to to receive a refund or exchange. I contacted customer service and the rude representative told me there was nothing they could do. True enough it was my mistake in choosing the wrong theater, but I'm only human and I'm sure I'm not the first person that has done that and I'm sure I certainly won't be the last. Either way I was out of money and was not able to see this movie.

jessicac131
9/9/16

I used the Fandango site from my mobile and once I chose the theater I was then asked to select the date, which I did. I choose Sept 10th and it loaded the shows and the times. I then chose my movie, the time, and selected my seats as it was reserved seating. After checking out, my confirmation came through with the 9th as the reservation date. I contacted them IMMEDIATELY after receiving the confirmation and was told they could not refund or exchange the tickets. After holding another 10 mins for a supervisor I got sent into a voicemail system. My entire problem started because of a glitch somewhere within their system and then I got a total lack of help. I truly feel like I was robbed and am disgusted with this company. I did not ask for my money back, but just an opportunity to get to see the movie I paid to go see.

glennw41
9/5/16

I tried to get a refund before the movie start time for 5 tickets purchased under my VIP membership and was refused because it was within 2 hours of the start time. That shouldn't matter - if you can't use the tickets before the start time and you contact them, they shouldn't keep your money! They should either credit the charge or allow you to reschedule the tickets for another time. VIP must mean "Fandango will keep your money" in their language.

idontusuallyhatebutfanangoiss
9/4/16

I've called 4 times today because I've been having a problems buying any movie through their app and they'll do anything to just talk so they don't have to do anything because they aren't trained to know anything except how blame other people. They first said its Rokus fault then it's my fault for not putting the card information in right. Which btw I'm sure I did ( especially since an hour hadn't even gone by) and then I needed to tell them the error code when there wasn't even an error code. If I got the right number for fandango and it wasn't a fake line I'm astonished they're still in business.

teresal44
9/3/16

I've ordered a lot of tickets from Fandango over the years and I actually like the convenience of doing it from my phone, watching the previews and reviews etc. But last week I purchased tickets using a promo code I was given from Comcast for signing up to their energy program. The tickets totaled about $25. For personal reasons I was unable to attend the movie at the time we purchased them for (which was over 4 days away). I contacted Fandango and asked if they could switch the time/date and they said they couldnt because it was purchased with a promo code. So then I asked for a refund and again they said they couldn't. Finally I had to drive to the actual theater and get a time change. Their service is good but customer service is extremely lacking and they don't seem to care much about their customers at all.

Tip for consumers: Buy AMC Theater tickets through the AMC app, its easier to get refunds if you need it.

margaretw62
8/26/16

I purchased advanced tickets using Fandango promotion codes as part of the payment ($8.00 savings per ticket). I called Fandango 48 hours before the show to change the showtime to an earlier showtime. I was not changing the movie, the date, or the theater: just trying to get tickets to an earlier show. Fandango said the $8.00 promotional codes were now void and had no value.

I agreed that the codes could only be used once. However once used, the value of the codes had been transferred to the tickets. Fandango said the value of the tickets was not the printed value and subtracted $8.00 from each ticket.

This is stealing! The studios paid Fandango the value of the promotion codes. Then Fandango stole that value from me. Fandango is a crook!

Tip for consumers: Terrible customer service. Look at the overall rating.

kristinl20
8/26/16

There is no benefit to creating a "VIP" account. They do not refund you your money if you call anytime after the showtime. Even if the website isn't working and it's after hours to contact someone. They never give "VIP members coupons." Don't waste your money!

chriss436
8/19/16

The grand kids put money on a fandango gift card. Sent five minutes generating and printing the ticket went to the theater and was told I had to stand in the line the fandango ticket is the same as a credit card. The ticket needed scanned ok I presented the ticket along with my reward card and was told reward card is void when using Fandango. So I spent more time and printing cost for the ticket lost reward credits. Attempted to get a credit back to the kids for the gift money and fandango said no refunds and hung up. Not sure why fandango exists

lindat103
8/16/16

There should be a 0 rating b/c that's what it deserves.

edw1502
8/15/16

Fandango is a rip off..not only do they charge you for the tickets..but they give you a nice service fee..i called them well in advance of their 2 hour limit because I had a family emergency and they said they had to send it to corporate to get it approved for refund..i have never heard back nor have I received a refund..i will go directly to the theatre in advance to buy my tickets as fandango is a greedy entity that should go out of business..RIP OFFS..if only I could give it a negative rating

ahmeda113
8/13/16

Deceptive marketing like fandango VIP Account. If you buy tickets and can't make it don't expect refund or credit. I bought 2 tickets for 11:00pm showtime, at 9:50pm I wanted to get credit so I could use for next day. When I clicked the link "can't make the show?" In the fandango app. There was message saying that sorry can't refund or credit needs 2 hours notice before showtime. I tried calling their 24/7 help department I couldn't reach them for some reason. Called them next day they claim that they updated their app saying it is any minute before the showtime and app is up to date in my phone. The customer service agent keep repeating same words, I asked to talk to supervisor he gave me a hard time about it but finally said ok. Transferred the call I was holding for 30 minutes and voicemail answering comes up and before that their chat web hanged up in 2 second before I even say anything. So that money is gone but i learned lesson that they are out there to get you.

martinac4
8/12/16

Bought two tickets for a matinee show on 8/6/2016 through PayPal. PayPal verified that the cost had been paid to Fandango. When I went to see the movie, Famdango NEVER issued a authorization #, so I end up having to buy the tickets again. Contacted Fandango same day, they now say 5 days after the fact that the time of response....opened a dispute with PayPal. What a waste of time!

alicial21
8/9/16

I recently bought two tickets to see suicide squad. When getting to the theater I was told the movie had already started and they couldn't let anyone else in. I understand that so I asked how I could get my money back and they told me I would have to go through the fandango. It was already really late and I had work in the morning so I decided to call the next day. I was never told or sent a link saying that you had to call them before the showtime to get a refund or exchange. So I thought all was good. Then I call and they take my information only to tell me that I just wasted almost 30 dollars on movie tickets I could not use. So thank you fandango for ruining my one movie date I get this week. I'm defiantly not purchasing any more tickets through fandango, not if this is how they conduct their business.

thomasr110
8/7/16

Gift receiver didn't get satisfaction for questions they had. Wasted time and effort

joyj21
8/6/16

Bought tickets on Mother's Day for my husband, kids, mom and I to see a movie. Purchase went fine. Got to the theater and the app said I had not purchased tickets and then started asking for a password that I couldn't figure out. Had to by the tickets again for a later show at the theater. I confirmed that Fandango had charged my credit card but I was never able to access the tickets. Contacted Fandango but since it was outside the 2 hour before showing window I was told they could do nothing for me. I emailed my complaint to the company and received an email that it would be forwarded to corporate. 2 days later I received an email saying since they hadn't heard from me hey were closing the issue. After numerous emails back and forth for 4 months trying to get some kind of reasonable response I finally got an email that said since it wasn't 2 hours before the show they could do nothing for me. Terrible customer service.

garrettg13
8/6/16

Yesterday was my daughter birthday. She wanted to go to dinner and to go see the secret life of pets. I obliged for my precious 5 year old, what she wants she gets on her birthday, to a certain extent. That being said, I tried very hard to get to the movies for her. I found a theater showing the film at 9 pm. So I search for tickets online, I find ripypuoffandango, I mean fandango...I purchase the tickets but the screen went out to a page not found page, I reload the page and continue then all of a sudden I get two emails with two separate sets of tickets...one of which I OBVIOUS didn't mean to purchase. It's well before 30 minutes to the show but for some reason when I click the can't make the showing button it keeps sending me to a page not found page. What's going on? I'll tell you...it's in the fine print sure enough but they do not offer refunds to non VIP members. HA! Loop hole found. They found a way to $#*! you out of your money, yet again. Good going guys, way to screw the little guy over. I sit and wait for a chat with them this morning only to be told I'm screwed and they will not be returning my funds OR giving me.a.voucher of any kind for any missunderstanding or the one time failure on my own part. Expensive lesson learned...NEVER USE FANDANGO! EVER.

ceceliaw1
8/5/16

On the phone for 1:40 and was told I couldn't get a refund. My suggestion is never use this business to purchase movie tickets. Stand in line that way you won't be charged a convenience fee.

kishas1
8/5/16

I called fandango customer service 3 TIMES to get a refund for my tickets because it wouldn't let me online and was on hold for 45mins each time. Never buying through them again!!!!!

bennym22
8/5/16

I called customer service and they failed to fulfill any of my promises. I called for a refund that has to do something with a promo code but they kept transferring me to the same number I called them by, I never got my refund. They just decided to waste my time on trying to get one.

dulceb1
8/5/16

I purchased tickets and tried to get a refund so I could buy tickets to a later showing. This was before the showtime. I ended up waiting TWO HOURS just to be told I wouldnt get a refund because I didnt contact them on time. what a waste of time.

vyn5
8/4/16

I waited to talk to customer support for a good 30 minutes. The help I needed was probably very minuscule and wouldn't really be trouble to any one. Finally getting to speak to someone, my problem was not resolved at the slightest. I wanted to exchange my tickets for a different time, at a different theater, but for the same day as my original tickets. I did use a promo code to get my original tickets so I couldn't refund or exchange my tickets online. The person I was speaking to was so extremely rude and inpatient. I know that probably 100 other people were waiting for help but I was once one of them too, waiting so long for no help at all. She told me since I used a promo code to get my tickets she couldn't do anything about exchanging the tickets. Which I find so surprising because I just wanted the tickets for a different time and in a different place but for the same day! I didn't want to refund the tickets, even I know that would not be able to be done but I thought a simple exchange could be made by such a big company. I couldn't believe how rude she was being, speaking to me like I was stupid. She kept repeating the same thing again and again, things that I already knew. I waited to talk to her for at least 30 minutes so the least I was expecting was just to give me credit for different tickets if I couldn't exchange it. I hardly doubt that $20 dollars would set back fandango. I'm never buying form fandango again and I hope that no one else does. Now I have to say goodbye to seeing my movie, thanks a lot fandango.

juliem146
8/4/16

Wish I had read these reviews before I purchased tickets. The ticket I purchased could not be viewed once I was at the theater. I now believe it was deliberate. Horrible company. I tried emailing,and that was difficult and did not work, then sat through the online queue, just to be given their "policy" speech. I was not offered any sort of credit, did not offer any resolution at all. Customer NO service. Do NOT use them.
Julie M.

melaniee8
8/3/16

I've been waiting for two hours now and still in queue. I have a feeling they'll make me wait until the customer service hours are over and it's 2 days before my movie even starts.

charlesr79
8/3/16

Waited 20 min. To connect for refund and would have waited 20 more based on how slowly it moved. The queue initially said 12 minutes. Sorry excuse for customer service

32 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question