Review of Fandango

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

bryano9
4/24/17

They incorrectly charged my credit card instead of the gift card I was trying to use and then told me they couldn't fix it unless I created an account and requested a refund. I did what they requested and they said they would issue a refund minus the fees. Two weeks later, still no refund. Now they say they need screenshots of the transaction in my bank account to submit to corporate. Why can't they look at this own records?? And after they tell you something in support chat, they disconnect just to get you to go away. They act like scam artists. Never use Fandango. If I ever get another Fandango gift card, I'm throwing it away!

misterp1
4/23/17

If you are able to buy gift cards directly from a theater, do that instead. This is not high finance. Cut out this middleman. And folks it is an odd surprise for the gift recipient when he or she has to pay for the "gift." Or maybe it is a genius idea... I will start charging a $3 service fee per each gift under the Christmas tree...

kellys206
4/18/17

Horrible, horrible customer service. My fiance had a medical emergency and we weren't able to make the 3D movie we got tickets to ($50 for 2 3D movie tickets). I contacted Fandango the next day to explain what happened and see if we could just get another set of tickets to the same movie. After almost A MONTH, they finally got back to me and said that corporate offices had reviewed the case and denied the request.

cw108
4/16/17

I had a problem with a promotional code that I got from winning tickets on the radio. The radio station told me I could use the code until the movie was no longer in theaters and that turned out not to be the case. The card with promo code had an expiration date and when I called Fandango they said there was nothing they could do. While actual blame would be with the radio station for giving out bad information, the customer service department at Fandango has to have codes for customers when there is a problem. Answering phones only to say there is nothing that can be done is not customer service. I told the Fandango rep that practically ALL the reviews for Fandango are negative and that as a company they should be concerned about that. A 97% negative one-star rating is nothing to be proud of, but I understand now why that is the case. If everyone uses a different movie service, they will come to learn that they have no customer service and that will be their downfall. I think I'll go get a REDBOX movie instead; that is a company that could teach Fandango a thing or two.

sandraw120
4/9/17

You have to wait forever for customer service and then they just tell you that they can't help you before robotically offering to help you with something else. Forget about getting a refund of fees even when it is their error. If they make an error with the fees you are out of luck unless (maybe) you catch customer service hours before showtime so that they can cancel the whole purchase. Their app is glitchy and times you out for no reason and has problems processing gift cards intermittently.

It is safer to switch to their competition. I will definitely avoid using Fandango now because they are completely unwilling to provide customer service even when it is their glitch and regardless of how much money they already made off you.

claudiac51
4/8/17

Used Fandango for the first time to buy tickets for a movie, 3 minutes later I realized that we could not go, use the Chat live, talked to a person called Sendy and what a bad customer rep he/ she is, never read where it says that my convenient fee could not be refund, just the money for my tickets, because this will be my first and last time using this site I ask for a refund of my money, bad bussines practice. Never using it again.

stephaniep85
4/8/17

I bought tickets to a movie and when the previews were done and the movie was started, the lights still hadn't gone down.The volume was also much lower than usual.
I asked at the front what was going on. They informed me that it was a special needs screening and that it should've said something about that when I bought the tickets. I went back in the theater and watched but it was definitely not the movie experience I paid for. It would have been more fun to watch the movie in my house.
I went home and looked up on the fandango app to see if it was noted anywhere that the Saturday 1030am screenings were special needs screenings and found that they weren't noted as such. Fandango had made a mistake and I deserved my money back. If they had made note of the type of screening it was, I would not have purchased tickets. Or to put it another way, I was not told that this was not a standard screening and when I purchased tickets, it was with the understanding that this would be a standard movie screening.
When I chatting with Fandango about getting a refund, they said that their refund policy says that they can't give refunds after the show time. I knew that was wrong because it was their mistake. They were the ones who falsely advertised this movie. And how would I know that it was a special needs screening before the showtime started if Fandango didn't make note of the fact that it was a special screening?!
I asked the chat person to escalate the case. 3 people eventually emailed me and each of them referred to their refund policy.
I understand policies, but in the case where the company is the one at fault, they need to make exceptions to the policy and take responsibility.I am never going to use Fandango again and will make it a personal mission to tell everyone I can about the horrible customer service they give.
I didn't like: Refusal to make an exception to refund policy.

davidg386
4/7/17

How come this website hardly ever works? I get timed out early. Two perfectly fine debit cards don't work. Several attempts to purchase tickets failed

judyc81
4/6/17

Don't claim to have customer service and have your customer wait on the line for over 30 minutes and never get anyone on the line. This is completely unaccceptable. The policy that you can only stream OR download a rental, which prevents you from downloading if the streaming doesn't work, or to stream if the download is taking hours - is absurd and totally not user friendly. I purchased a 30 day rental and it disappeared from my app after just a couple weeks. Haven't been able to get CS on the line to redeem my PURCHASE. This company is a scam!!!

chloet6
4/5/17

Fandango has horrible customer service! You cannot get in contact with anyone and when you finally do that are completely unhelpful! i Requested a refund over a month ago and never received it. When i FINALLY got to speak with someone i was told they showed the refund was already processed! WRONG! I never received anything. They are liars and thieves. On top of all of this i was told i had to screenshot my bank account and send it to them to prove it was never received. Sounds like bs to me. How does that prove anything when I cannot prove that the credit card I used is connected to that account? ENRAGED!

aliciap34
4/2/17

This is the biggest rip off company!!! I wanted to take my twin boys to see a movie. I purchased the tickets online & applied a monopoly code from safeway for a $5.00 discount, long story short life happens, we were not going to be able to make the movie in time, so I went to the online chat thinking it would be a simple click the link("can't make the show? need an exchange/refund") or that I could speak to a rep. I was waiting on the online chat and on the telphone hold for 45 mins, I figured that I could connect with one of them would have to pick up. 15 past the time that I had to qualify for a refund or exhange, So they would not refund me, or exchange for another time/day. Mind you that we still wanted to see the same movie at the same theatre, just one hour later. The rep said that they could not do it because the movie had already started!!!!BS! It wouldnt have if they would have not left me waiting on hold for 45 mins. . Not to mention that they wouldn't honor/reapply the $5.00 promo used, or refund me/reapply the "convienience fee" they charge for online tickets! I ended up paying that twice, to see one movie. I can not express to you how cheated I feel! Times are tough, I really can't afford a company cheating me in this or any way. PLEASE DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS COMPANY THEY ARE CROOKS! By the end of the conversation/transaction, getting no where with them on chat and on the phone I was in tears. I can not see how a company can treat the people who keep them going like this:(

shannam1
4/1/17

We were given $50 in Fandango gift cards. I couldn't enter it on the website so I called customer service. I was told that there system is not capable of using these cards at all. COMPLETE FRAUD!

Tip for consumers: DONT USE FANDANGO

jeb21
4/1/17

Doesn't work 90% of the time. Told me my wait time to chat with a representative was over 20 minutes.

colleenn4
4/1/17

Timed out numerous times, at which point it would automatically switch me to a theater 3 hours from my location. I'm glad I caught it and can see why you have so many pissed off people here. VIP account wouldn't work either. This website is one of the worst I've ever used, truly

stacyz5
3/31/17

Normally while supplies last is an IN STORE OFFER...not a option for online promo codes! Wellllll... this was the excuse I got f I'm fandango when I called to inquire about my code not working and the guy was a complete jerk.. no customer service

lynne392
3/31/17

Well, add me to the list of human beings making the simple mistake of choosing the wrong theater and getting penalized for it. I purchased two tickets online through Fandango and upon arriving to the theater, minutes before showtime, was advised that they were for the incorrect theater. Since I did not have time to contact Fandango before the show began, I simply purchased another set of tickets at the theater.

Upon contacting customer service online WITH MY CONFIRMATION NUMBER, I was told that NO refunds are awarded after showtime. While I can work to understand this stipulation, it should be no problem to note that the confirmation number was never used thus it should be able to be deactivated and my refund electronically generated. Seriously, with all that Fandango boasts it can do via the Internet, is this really an issue? It seems that they are 1) either deplorably outdated in this capacity, and/or 2) they have no desire to update/upgrade/allow this technology to work because of the revenue they would lose for all the unused tickets generated due to mistaken theater locations.

Again, buyer beware and DOUBLE CHECK, TRIPLE CHECK the details on your purchase before confirming because once that money goes, it's gone into the pockets of Fandango.

shannam9
3/31/17

This business is honestly horrible. I purchased tickets for a show in the wrong theater, when I called (20 minutes before show started) I was unable to get anyone.. despite waiting OVER 45 MINUTES ON HOLD. I went to the internet to see if anyone else had this issue and I found this site with all of these negative reviews telling me a refund was impossible. I called them the next morning as soon as the office opened. After waiting for 35 MINUTES a woman finally answered. She had a terrible attitude- you could tell she deals with angry customers every single day. She told me I could not possibly get a refund after the show started because the funds are transferred to the participating box office. No credit to my account, no apology, 0 effort. I asked to speak with her manager.. her response? "Shes just going to tell you exactly what I just did". I didn't like that. The manager was a piece of work, she was EXTREMELY rude from the get-go.. almost humored at the fact that she couldn't possibly issue me a refund. After she informed me that she could not refund me, I began reading the posts on this website to her, informing her of how low customer satisfaction is in her company and telling her Fandango will not be around much longer if they continue this scam. She told me that it is not her or her companies fault that their customers are not thorough enough to read their terms and conditions before conducting business with them.

I would love to sign a petition to bring this company down, I have a fire in my heart because of how disgusting these people are towards their customers. STAY FAR FAR AWAY!!!!!!!!

P.S AMC will not be able to issue you a refund for your Fandango ticket (yes, obviously). But sometimes they will give you a complimentary ticket for your troubles, because even they know this company is horrible. I had 3 different workers at the theater warn me of their crap since then.. they say they deal with it alllllll the time and it is a well known issue in their line of work.

clintb30
3/30/17

I am trying to get a refund for tickets I just purchased because I selected the wrong theater. No phone number, the "can't make the movie?" link is broken, " Sorry an error occurred while processing your request.", and the chat says it will take 35 minutes... Really?

thomasr139
3/29/17

I ordered tickets for the wrong day. Tried to switch and they wouldn't let me. Kept getting an error message. Will never go through them again! Didn't want a refund. Just wanted to switch times. Terrible company and app.

melissah110
3/28/17

I purchased tickets online for my daughter. I called the theater to confirm what she needed to bring. I was advised just the confirmation number. I sent her with a snapshot of the confirmation email. When she arrived they told her they needed to be printed afterall. They tried to print the tickets. An error message kept popping up. The box office gave her a phone number to call to get refunded. I called two different days, both times the wait was over 5 minutes, the second day, I waited for 38.5 minutes on hold only to be connected to a man name Mark who was rude and continued to interrupt me. He told me that they do not issue refunds after the show has played yet he put me on hold to call the theater which doesn't make any sense since he said they don't issue the refunds. Regardless, I advised him of this poor communication and customer service. He told me he would escalate it to corporate and this could take 5-7 business days and that was nearly two weeks ago. I have since emailed them twice requesting an update, and have yet to receive a response. I paid for 2 tickets and a service charge to the tune of $27 and all we did was pay them to provide poor customer service. They stole my money as far as I am concerned. From what I have read this has happened a lot which leads me to believe they do it on purpose. I would suggest someone look a little closer at this business.

danam96
3/27/17

Horrible! Bought 6 tickets online, tried to exchange / refund and was denied. Tried calling multiple times and could not get through. Finally utilized the only help chat after waiting an hour and "James" denied my request then disconnected us.

So rude, will NOT ever do business with Fandango again!

dons118
3/27/17

I ordered a movie on Sat for Sun in 3D. Kiosk at Regal spits out a Sat 2D ticket, luckily their were enough seats to accommodate me. While waiting for movie to start in lobby I observed 2 others who got double booked for the same seat of 2 different showings. Unfortunately for 1 their showing was sold out and all the ticket master could do is give out a gift card. USE REGAL.COM OR MOVIETICKETS.COM AND SAVE YOURSELF SOME HASSLE!

meganf28
3/23/17

Took two weeks to hear back from customer service and then told me it was too late to give me the refund. DONT USE!

jessical172
3/21/17

Bought 4 tickets, called before showtime for refund, was told 'system is down, will put note in account& you will be contacted within 48 hrs.... still waiting 5 days later. Called customer service 4 times after finally getting thru was on hold 50+ minutes with no resolution. Was told to submit 'proof' via email - screenshot of call to fandango before showtime - because no evidence of my original call. Try to email proof & keep getting error on fandango end. Soooo now I'm told to fax the proof, which I did, but have not received any communication from fandango. Fandango is a joke. They made the initial error, now over had to waste 4+ hours of my time to get a refund. Will never use again. And from the other reviews I've read this is the norm for fandango.

josephm209
3/20/17

I ordered tickets for a dinner theater movie and never got confirmation. I went online to Fandango and waited 11 min. to get to chat. The guy basically told me to bad go to another movie. The next movie was at 10 pm the perfect time for a dinner movie with your 2 kids.

44 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question