Review of Fandango

Tel: 866-857-5191
unsubscribe@fandango.com

markc326
10/15/17

If anyone still watches movies and buys tickets online, please DO NOT use Fandango. Ripped off for nearly $30 for "credit" that I was supposed to get for a future movie.

johnnya27
10/15/17

Bought some Star Wars tickets and it says you will get a free poster, what they put in the small print is that they are going to charge a fortune to ship it. Seven dollars for the slowest shipping leaves them with a nice profit for this "FREE" poster. What a joke, I'll never understand why companies think this is a good idea, to run a promotion to get new customers and immediately rip them off.

timl114
10/14/17

Received a 25.00 Fandango gift card and decided to use it last night, looked online to see what theater I could use it at that was close by, and found a Megaplex just down the road from my home, went to theater, went to purchase tickets using the fandango gift card, after presenting is to the ticket sales person, they said that I would have to go to fandango's web site and buy them, then the could scan my phone, so I used the card on my smart phone to get the tickets, but they did not even list the movie on the website, so after talking with the ticket sale person the suggested buying tickets to a different movie, then they could refund that movie, and give us tickets to the correct movie so we did that, without the help of this sales staff the whole fandango movie night would have been even worse, and yes Fandango charged an extra 3.00 convenience fee when we bought the original tickets. Fandango SUCKS!!!!! and with a 25.00 gift card the movie for 2 of us was 19.00 plus the 3.00 fee, leaves us 2.50 left on the card which is not even enough to pay the next convenience fee so I through the card away, What a joke,

alans159
10/9/17

This review is partly in response to David S. - I left Fandango nearly a year ago after being a regular user of their service for purchasing movie tickets for 12 years. They refused to honor their worry free return policy when I couldn't get thru to their customer support before a movie showing due to extremely long hold times and slow or crashing web pages on their site.

The good news is there are much better options out there now. AMC - a large movie chain sells tickets in advance directly thru their website (I just checked - they are selling Last Jedi tickets) and they have upgraded all their theaters for reserved seating - great interface for picking the exact seats you want to see the movie from. Hopefully AMC has theaters in your area or you find a similar experience with the website for the local movie theaters near you!

Tip for consumers: Many local theaters now sell movie tickets online - avoid Fandango and have a better experience in your movie watching!

You can read a detailed account of how I was treated by Fandango and why I stopped using their service here:

davids854
10/9/17

I waited in line for The Last Jedi tickets for an hour, completed the order and then when i selected "complete order" it kicked me after spending $102.84 for my tickets. All this after the site repeatedly crashing over and over and over. This site is absolute garbage and i hate that there's no other options for prep-ordering tickets.

annar136
10/7/17

Couldnt make a movie and because it was a few minutes after the movie started they wouldnt give me a credit. I would understand if there was no history in my account, but I use Fandango and Ive never asked for a credit back yet. Very unbending. Does not believe in going the extra mile for its customers. I will be using other apps now.

juliah73
10/7/17

They charge a $3.00 convenience charge to use a gift card that is not convenient... youre better off giving cash or giving a gift cart from the theater. $3.00 Really?

josep2815
10/6/17

such a bad experience, I have one confirmation e-mail for my online order, they charge me twice, they still me almost 50 dollars. No answer phones or disputes. For me is 0 starts.!

elizabethm231
9/18/17

I bought tickets on Fandango and received a response stating that the transaction had been cancelled. I purchased the tickets again but both transactions were charged. I called Fandango four times and spent hours on hold and when I finally spoke with a representative, I was told to set up an account for a refund. After no response, I sent another email. At that point, Fandango sent an email saying that sometimes there is nothing you can do. I am disappointed in their compete lack of customer service and their inability to take accountability for correcting their own error.

jennifers424
9/16/17

I usually never have an issue with Fandango. I always purchase tickets through them. I bought 4 tickets for DBOX seats which came out to 75.00 to watch IT. I went to the theater an hour before Showtime and the theater was closed down due to Hurricane Irma hitting Florida. I went online to find out if I can get an exchange and was told I can only cancel 2 hours before the movie in order to get an exchange or refund. I told them I didn't want my money back all I wanted was to be able to watch the movie when the theater reopens. They didn't want to help me. I can understand if I just didn't go or I missed the movie but to miss it for something I can't even control? I'm so upset that they just took my money.. I will never buy from them again.

angell88
9/16/17

I purchased tickets online the day before my show. As I was going through the payment, it told me my session timed out. I never got a confirmation screen to pop up. So I went and repurchased. This transaction went through. Confirmation screen and all. Movie day, I went to check my email to make sure I had the right Theater and time, because we had discussed a couple of options. I notice 2 emails from fandango.
I was charged the time it said my session timed out. I searched Fandangos site for customer service phone number but couldn't find it, so I started a chat. Aaron was glib and unprofessional. He disconnected from me in the middle of the conversation. He told me too bad, you agreed to the terms. I ended up getting my money back, sans the $3 "convenience fee". I told Aaron I would like my $3. I could feel him laughing. I told him I never agreed to that purchase. It was never confirmed. I asked for a phone number to call. He told me there is no number. There's nobody to talk to. Told me thank you for choosing Fandango for your movie needs and disconnected. Next day, I found the number, thanks to google. Don't know why I didn't just do that to begin with. Called them. Patrick told me the same thing. They can't do it. They dont have that authority. Told me due to my tenacity (he really said that), that he would escalate my ticket to corporate. At this point the 3.00 is a principle thing. I never would have made another order if their site hadn't told me my session time out. After reading these reviews, I am not going to get it back. I will never use Fandango again. The gift cards are s joke as well. Like a 7 convenience fee for using s gift card. So beyond done with Fandango. DONT GIVE THEM YOUR MONEY!

cyrusm29
9/16/17

I went to see the new "It" movie in theaters on 9/15, and I purchased a ticket online with fandango. When I got to the theater (a half hour drive away) they informed me that I couldn't watch the movie under 17 (which was something the fandango website had not informed me of) so they told me to go and contact fandango customer support to get a refund. When I went to get a refund, the customer service rep said I could NOT get a refund and, in fact, they would keep every cent of the money I paid for a movie I couldn't watch. Fandango showed its true colors to me and I am never buying from Fandango again.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

johng519
9/14/17

Fandango is a joke, they have the worst customer service I have ever experienced. I purchased 5 tickets on line re first time I ever used the service. I tried to cancel one on line we'll before the movie. When I arrived at the theatre to use the other 4 tickets, I was advised by the clerk not to use the voucher / bar code because they wouldn't refund my 5th ticket purchased, claiming I used it. She suggested I call tocancel, which I did. I started the call 10 minutes before the movie started, by the time I got a live person on the phone to cancel, I was told it would take 3-5 days for the request yo be processed. I was not told their policy is ABSOLUTELY no cancels after the movie started. Since I didn't make contact with the person until 2 minutes after it started, you would think she'd say ABSOLUTELY NO refunds after the movie starts, no she said 3 - 5 days to process the request. So I purchased 4 more tickets so as national t to use the 5 I just requested to cancel. 1 week later my request to cancel for a refund was denied citing policy. After multiple attempts to get someone to reconsider, including a very rude exchange with the chat line operator, terminating the chat because I wanted her to relay all the facts I spelled out here. I have all the documentation so I am thinking of Turing it over to the CFPB, (Consumer Finance Protection Bureau) since I used a gift card issued by Fandango, which does not disclose there is a $7.50 "convenience fee" to see the card to purchase tickets, a card with a twenty five dollar value, so it took approx. thirty percent of the card value to use it, seems like usury rates to me. Stay away from this crappy company! Mthey are ripoff artist!

kaylao1
9/13/17

I'm actually the type to not write reviews in general, but after my experience, this had to be done.
My boyfriend and I bought and reserved seats for the new IT movie. We tried to print out the tickets in the theater, but it wouldn't let us and it said it was already printed. We later found out that two other people had the same seats, and so ours were fake and the employee couldn't even help us since fandango is a 3rd party. We tried calling them and yup, just like everyone else, they put us on hold for 2 hours. This experience was so embarrassing and so disappointing so 1 star is perfect.

kathyl103
9/12/17

Got cut off two times by an operator. They are incompetent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

marcb79
9/10/17

2 hours on hold and no gurrantee that you will get your tickets back!!!! Stay Away!' They didn't even apologize for the hold on wait time. Never buying from fandango again!

cristiee
9/9/17

I am trying to get a refund or a credit for 4 tickets to IT that I wasn't aware the minimum age was 21. I waited on the chat line for almost 2 hours before I got the message that an agent wast available and to try back later!!!! Ugh!!! So I called the 800 number and now I have been on hold for 37 minutes and 48 seconds!!! Unbelievable!!! I always use fandango and always recommend it to my family and friends. And this is the 1st time I have ever tried to get a refund or credit. This is crazy!!!

juliannae
9/8/17

I called before my movie started because I wasn't going to make it on-time, but was on hold for 25 minutes then the call disconnnected. I called back and waited another 15 minutes then scheduled a call back and was told I couldn't get a refund or exchange because my movie started. I was also told to wait 3-5 days for corporate and was given a "one-time courtesy credit" BULL$#*!!!! I will never buy tickets through Fandango again!!!

tommyl15
9/6/17

I book the wrong time on a movie and choose a refund because you can't change the time on a paid ticket. The Mutha F$$%#CKEr didn't give me back the convient fee if $1.50 and charge me another $1.50 for another ticket. F%%$$CK u, F%%^CK U!!!

tb102
9/2/17

I will never use fandango again. I tried to talk to customer service for an exchange or refund and was hung up on twice by the same person. I didn't even get a chance to fully explain the situation.

mrm70
8/21/17

I will never use fandango again. I called two hours prior to movie starting for a refund and was on hold for over 2.5 hours yes crazy. The theater manager was so surprised they allow me to switch the time and date. I left messages never received a call back. When some one answer after 1.5 hrs. waiting they pretended they couldn't find my account. I called on my other phone while still with fandango customer service and pretended I was buying tickets and guess what for that they did find my account. It's been over a month, several messages to talk to a supervisor and I have yet to hear from one. I see this kind of reviews all the time now. Wondering if the reason fandango does this is so they don't have to refund any money. I've gone to several theaters now and used their website to get tickets. They've also recommended to stop using fandango as they deal with many issues from customers regarding refunds from fandango. Theaters will not give you a refund if you purchase through a third party. So my recommendation out the experience I've had with fandango is not to use them. I give them no stars for SUPER BAD COSTUMER SERVIVE. NOT BEEN ABLE TO CONTACT ANYONE AT CORPORATE OFFICE. HAVINGB TO WAIT ON THE PHONE FOR OVER ONE TO TWO HOURS TO TALK TO A LIVE PERSON. WHEN YOU GET A LIVE PERSON THEY WILL GIVE YOUTHE RUN AROUND AND SAY THEY CAN'T FIND YOIR ACCOUNT.

maram
8/19/17

FANDANGO-STAY AWAY FROM THIS "service"

You have the worst customer service (and by that I mean it is criminal ).

Three weeks ago Spencer and I purchased tickets through online Fandango to see Spiderman. I never got the email with the ticket purchase. I was however charged the $17 for the tickets. We had 40 minutes until the movie started . I called Fandango and sat on hold . As my son wanted to see the movie , I purchased another set while still on hold. This set went through.
Still on hold we left for the 2:30 movie.Operator picks up as we are almost to the theatre. It's 2:31. She tells me she can't refund the cc purchase as the movie has already started! She tells me corporate would have to give me a credit and forwarded me the email she was sending to them. I should get a response in 3-5 days.

Nearly 3 weeks later they contact me denying my refund. No explanation, just that they understand I must be disappointed and hope I have a nice day.

I write back while still in disbelief . I explain the situation: they failed to send me the email with the tickets, they failed to answer the phone until after the movie started, they failed to address the refund in the time they said they would. They responded that they appreciated my clarification but still are "unable " to give me a refund or credit, despite my cc documentation!

I bet they do this all day. They are stealing.
I asked them to forward my complaint to management but do not expect to hear back.
This is the most unethical thing I have ever seen in a company that I would not describe as "fly by night."
BEWARE.

gordond15
8/19/17

Purchased a couple tickets of Fandango to see the new Spiderman flick. Was a little annoyed at the $3 "convenience" fee but sucked it up. I showed up about 20 mins prior to show time only to find I'd mistakenly bought tickets for another movie theatre with the same name across town ...so I had to buy new tickets. The gentleman at the counter told me I could request a refund but by the time I was able to log in to the Fandango website and be connected to a "customer service" rep it was 1 minute past showtime and the customer service rep (Gerald) told me " sorry dude, it's past the showtime so I can't authorize a refund. I told him I had been waiting to "chat" with him for several minutes but he basically laughed at me and said "thank you for choosing Fandango" and disconnected. So I paid for a movie I wasn't able to see and spent half an hour trying to get a refund that never happened and got laughed at by thier employee...and paid a convenience fee for the pleasure of using their service.
No thanks

tamiyae
8/18/17

So I've trying to get in contact with corporate bam. A friend who works for Fandango haven ot to me. Yes they are located in New York, Orlando, California and Colorado (321) 319-6243 I finally found corporates number.

iyannap
8/17/17

I got a ticket moments later I wouldnt be unable to attend so i immediately called and request a refund the lady insisted I created an account, but no refund has been issued and its been 1 week. I created the account moments after the show time I am a first time user this is crazy I called prior to show time! it takes time to create an account when you dont have internet ! I need my refund

Helpful answer

Shauna, try Ken's suggestion. After years as a loyal customer & "Fan" of Fandango, I had an issue that should have been easily resolved. When I finally spoke to a live CSR, the response & subsequent email were robotic & useless. I now buy gift cards from the theatres & save my $$ and time. Good luck to you, though!!

By SJ P. on 6/30/15
Helpful answer

You do Julie S., but if you purchase it within 2 hours of the movie you are out of luck and that's what I happened to do. I accidentally chose that same day rather than the next day (Saturday) and since I was within a 2 hour time frame they said too bad. Never will use them again that's for sure. It was an honest mistake and I explained that but the woman on the phone was very nasty.

By Diane R. on 8/19/15
Helpful answer

I came down with an illness two days before my show. I requested a refund. Never heard a word from Fandango, and they charged my credit card. It is a scam. Helen Gruenhut

By Helen G. on 10/23/15
Helpful answer

I didn't wake up with a dead horse in my bed but all other evidence in dealing with Fandango indicate that they are mob-owned. Perhaps the mob has more morals. Maybe not mob-owned. What would be worse than the mob because that's likely who owns them. Difficult question to answer. Best not to do business with them anyway.

By Julia M. on 12/31/16
Helpful answer

Its just like buying tickets at the window. You don't have a "specific" seat reserved. They have X amount of seats available. If you are looking for a certain seat , certain row just get there early

By Babette W. on 11/15/15

Agree.

By Suzanne D. on 12/16/15
Helpful answer

Pinky P...judging by your rude response and the fact you think Fandango is so great...I'm wondering how long you've worked for them. Two hour window for a refund? WRONG! I contacted them withing moments of purchase...no refund, just rudeness.

By Ginger N. on 5/6/16
Helpful answer

If your card wasn't charged don't try it again. You got lucky they didn't take your money. Read the reviews.

By Julia M. on 1/3/17

No you can't

By Pinky p. on 6/11/16
Helpful answer

Did you know you Vann send this to your own phone rather than contacting customer care....if that is one of the redemption options then yes it's possible....n the option is seen on the confirmation page

By Pinky p. on 2/12/16
Questions? Get answers from the Fandango staff and other customers.

3 Photos for Fandango