US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ceciliac13
2/26/17

I received $45.00 Gift Card for FANDANGO......unfortunately my cousin did not know you can only purchase on line and a"service fee" is charged each time you use the gift cards. So sad that this company does this to customers. The balance left is $4.42 and sadly FANDANGO counts on this!......We won't use it because after they charge a "service fee" there will be less than $2.00 so all the monies will go to FANDANGO.......will NEVER purchase anything from this company and will tell everyone not to use them!

sherryb56
2/24/17

Purchased three tickets with gift card and debit card and boyfriend got sick and couldn't go. Called Fandango and was told there was nothing they could do. BS. There is something I can do..Not purchase any more tickets from them!!!

susans306
2/23/17

Not only could you not see the convenience fee charges on your phone when you try to buy the tickets, Fandango charged me a dollar more per ticket than the movie theater. On 4 tickets, they charged me over $12 for them to process this order. Then after it was charged and the fees showed up, I called them and they pretty much said ," Too bad, we aren't refunding the convenience fee, that's how we make our money." They even agreed you couldn't see the fee on the cell phones and that you had to scroll around to get it to show up. Never again Fandango.

bevs16
2/20/17

Received a $50 gift card at Xmas. Went to use it and found none of the theaters in my city accept the tickets. Looks like I have to drive 30 miles to find a theater that accepts Fandango. Then I looked at the fees they charge. OMG! I will be telling everyone no to buy a gift card from Fandango.

lynns92
2/19/17

Fandango sucks. Their system indicated my transaction timed out so I started over then got confirmation of double purchase. Went to chat and they said I needed to open a VIP account to get a refund. Called customer abc and got same story. Opened an account and only got refund for ticket price. It was their system mistake and I should have received full refund. Would never use again. Worst customer service on internet.

jamess513
2/19/17

Sucks. Fees are rediculous. The only reason we used was because we had a gift card. The fees ate up a quarter of the gift card. We have already told people not to give this as a gift. AVOID!

jakek27
2/19/17

Get your tickets at the theater and stop supporting this awful company and ripoff service. The fees, lack of customer service and BS involved with using Fandango are stupid; however, the only way to fix that is to stop using them!! Uninstall the app, forget about it

christinep81
2/19/17

Avoid fandango at all costs. Not only are you given tickets to a theatre you have no intention of going to, but when you call customer service you are subject to going around in circles with no resolution to your issue. They are quick to issue an exchange that gets eaten up with their costs in an attempt to use YOUR money up on movie tickets as either it is their resistance it issue a cr dot to your original form of payment or a computer system that is so inadequate it is incapable of giving you your money back. Lesson learned -- NEVER AGAIN... i will NEVER AGAIN utilize them

johnr438
2/18/17

Somehow Fandango moved into the streaming business attached to Roku. Then they started loading my email with promos and then manipulated me into giving them my Credit card info where the service I had on Roku already had it (I had never used it being content with Amazon, Netflix and a couple of other subscription services).

The service offered is a rental fee for a particular title like Amazon offers but now I find that they are trying to leverage me into some other thing called "Ultraviolet." I was made very suspicious when they seemed to be vague as to how this differed from the original and when they neglected to send a promised code to my email.

AND

I had trouble getting to THIS site and staying here...First I picked SiteJabber from what I thought was a search result and went to Fandango then when I CITED SITEJABBER FROM MY BROUSER a box appeared asking for a question or a review and I began this and it took me to Fandango.

emilys142
2/14/17

Purchased tickets for a movie 2 days in advance, went to the theater the day of and the ticket dates were wrong. They were for 2 days earlier. Called customer service, was on hold for 45 minutes only to be told there is nothing they can do because it's passed my showtime. I will never go through them again. They screwed me out of my money and all I wanted was for them to move it to another day. I will never go through this company again. They are horrible! I hope they go out of business soon!

charlesw108
2/12/17

$#*! site ,,over priced fee of $2:70. To process on tickets ,,, too many steps to redeem a gift card,,print out a ticket and then take it to a kiosk,,to get a Real ticket ,,,,what a F in joke ,,,,please go out of business !!!

victoriae16
2/11/17

I have received promo codes for a free movie through fandango. For months I have tried to use the promo codes and it always gives me an error. I've called customer service multiple times and they say it should work fine but it never does. They will say things like, we were having problems with out system, clear out your cookies, use a different browser. None of these work.... however, if I want to pay with my credit card it goes through. It's only when I use promo codes. Total scam!!!

royan3
2/11/17

I will never buy my tickets from your website again.
Because your policy is very poor.
Couple weeks ago we had to return our tickets because we had some family emergency but you guys didn't return it. Not helpful at all. Policy makes a big difference in business.

nicolec122
2/10/17

It's all the title of the review. Movies tend to change quality while you are watching them - switching from HD to blurry. Customer service is poor - I had to wait for 30 minutes before my call was answered, and then they weren't able to help me. Also, they sneakily removed a credit from my account for $50, without warning me.

ericm168
2/10/17

Where are my tickets???? Site timed out, confirmation email was sent, ticket link doesn't work, cannot get a hold of any customer service agent, be waiting on the online chat for over an hour, cannot get refunds on tickets purchased with a promo code...This is ridiculous and I will never buy a ticket from this joke of a company again.

alexo36
2/10/17

A glitch in Fandango app defaulted ticket purchase to wrong cinema and could not get support over phone in time prior to show time so no exchange.
I was in Salisbury, MD and booked 2 tickets to Regal Cinema Stadium 16. The show started at 10:15pm and it was about 10:05pm when teller said the tickets are for another theatre and that I will have to contact fandango for a refund or exchange. I purchased tickets directly from theatre to still catch the show. In the meantime I called Fandango and was on a long hold all the way into when the show started and never got an actual human to help get an exchange. At this point movie started and I figured I would have to contact them tomorrow so I could at least enjoy the show. The next day after contacting Fandango, I was told they could not refund or exchange because it had to be done prior to watching the show. I tried escalating with supervisor and still would not be credited 2 tickets to another movie.

Everyone should file a Better Business Complaint and review as I did.

You can file a complaint on Fandango LLC here

You can file a review here

I even went as far as filing a complaint with Department of Justice and Attorney General of Los Angeles.

larryj60
1/28/17

A Fandango Card is a Ripoff with their "Convenience Fee" and inability to use it on Fandango Now. If I could give it zero stars I would.

jans128
1/25/17

Fandango sucks.

I am a member of the Fandango VIP Club, which, according to their ads, lets me obtain refunds on tickets any time before show time.

Last week I bought three tickets for Rogue One. Julie bailed at the last minute, so I called Fandango from the theater to get a refund. This was 15 minutes before show time.

I was on hold for 15 minutes, until show time, and had to hang up.

I called the next day to speak to customer service. She promised to send me an email confirmation (which never came) and to send the "request" to the corporate office who would respond within 24-48 hours. I did not get a response.

I called again today, one week later, and was informed that the request was denied because Fandango doesn't give partial refunds, only full refunds on all of the tickets purchased. They don't mention this fact on their site, and they apparently don't inform their customer service reps.

So, i strongly recommend AGAINST joining Fandango and will certainly never purchase tickets through them again, because I consider their advertising to be deceptive, and their customer service stinks.

rebeccaf40
1/24/17

I bought 2 movie tickets at one movie theater, friends told me the wrong one and I tried to refund the tickets to purchase for the other theater through fandango spend over 45 minutes on the chat to cancled the movie, ended up going past the start time of the movie. I finally find the number to call them directly. Then as I explained the situation to the customer service rep, she wants to send me off and say that they are not able to do anything, that I basically have to pay for 2 tickets that I will not be watching, because they are not willing to meet customer needs. I don't recommend using fandango, they will not try and meet your needs as their customer. Basically they get your money and that's it. You're better off buying tickets at the theater.

bettyb80
1/20/17

Terrible customer service. Tried to cancel a movie ticket and only way is "chat", but was in "queue" for over 45 minutes both times I tried, when the "average wait time" shown was never more than 10. I never was able to get in touch with someone prior to the movie. Will never use again! Wish I had checked reviews prior to use. Lesson learned!

lizzettem
1/20/17

my first time purchasing from fandango NEVER AGAIN. I purchased tickets for a later date and after i made the purchase it showed the date correctly. The next morning when I opened my email to look at the confirmation it showed yesterdays date. I tried to exchange the tickets but the option wasn't allowed. Then customer team is through online messaging that isn't much help, they're just scripted what to respond. Fandango pretty much KEPT MY MONEY and delivered NO TICKETS. TOTAL RIP-OFF!!

brittneif
1/18/17

I went on the fandango website and purchased tickets for a certain date. However, my confirmation email had a different date than that which I had selected. I therefore proceeded to call customer service & was on hold for 20 until I hung up. This was the other day so I figured they were just busy so I called today and was on hold for 40 minutes and still did not get an answer. This is absurd, first you mess up my order then your customer service department is non-existent. Highly DO NOT recommend using fandango.

ginas57
1/16/17

I ordered two tickets but only needed one and when I got to the movie theater they told me to call Fandango....I did and was on hold for over 1 hour and half through the whole movie just for them to say "the movie already started" they cannot refund my $10 they will have to send up to headquarters and I should hear back in 1 day or two. I had to wait for an email and attach a copy of the ticket and wait.... still waiting......

anniec36
1/16/17

We tried redeeming a $15 gift card online through Fandango and their website gave us an error saying it had expired. 1) We had received three $15 gift cards in a sealed package and the first two worked and 2) On the back of the card it says it never expires. I called customer service and a recording said all reps were busy and to call back later. Then the phone system hung up on me. I tried twice more and same thing. I called back a week later and was on hold for 45 minutes. I finally gave up.

gingers15
1/15/17

After getting to the movies and finding out I had no tickets after they charged my credit card we tried to call them and also live chat them. After being on hold with both contact ways, we decided to purchase the tickets again and deal with it after. Then waiting on hold for 37 minutes only to be told to bad you had tickets in a different city and earlier time. REALLY!!!! They keep saying I had to contact them before the show started. Well how was I to know the show they said I had was much earlier. Didn't know there was a problem 1 1/2 hours earlier. But when I did I couldn't get a hold of them at all What a RIPOFF

42 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question