US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jayl131

Convenience fee, but NO convenience...esp if I still have to wait in the same line to show confirmation...#foolishness. (in 63 reviews)

finam

Fandango Gift card disappointment-- "processing a fee"
(in 81 reviews)

farahs4

I contacted Fandango this morning about a refund and she says the time frame for refunds is 2 hours after purchasing. (in 44 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jom90
7/28/16

I bought a movie from wal-mart because there was a $8 discount code from fandango for a new movie coming out. I registered online only to find that fandango charges $5.40 convenience fee when ordering tickets. So my discount is only $2 and some change. Not even worth the trouble.

rickp39
7/26/16

I had a promo code and didn't realize I had the wrong date until after purchasing the tickets. I immediately contacted customer service to try and switch the date since it is still days from now. They offered a refund but told me but promo code was worthless and they would not issue a new one. A simple mistake using their terrible website and the customer suffers from it. I will never use their website again. I noticed just now that over 90% of the reviews here are the lowest rating. Clearly they are a company not worth dealing with. Spread the word how terrible they are.

bms1
7/25/16

Try this:I bought tickets from Fandango, went to the theater on the day and time only to find there was no such movie or showing at all at that theater. The theater refunded me the tickets but I was left to pay for the internet fees, the parking, the gas etc to say nothing of my time wasted. When I contacted Fandango they told me over several emails that they could not refund me the fees because I did not request a refund BEFORE the movie time. Isn't that beautiful!! Except there was no movie time and they were selling empty air and get to keep the fees. I call that theft. I turned to my cc company for a refund. Never use Fandango. They are thieves, period.

joem200
7/23/16

I had recently bought movie tickets on Fandango but was unable to make the show on time. My internet and phone was out so I couldn't call or use the web to request an exchange before their 2 hour cutoff. I contacted "customer service" and was basically told "too bad".

That's the last time I use them.

chelseyf
7/22/16

Thought I would help myself and order our tickets through Fandango. Didn't mind the $4 service fee, but once I got to the theatre, I realized that the tickets I ordered were WRONG. Apparently, the map on Fandago is from an opposite view of what you'd think. Very upset hat I ended up sitting right up to the screen for the money I paid and planned for. Very disappointed.

joannh15
7/20/16

Why a convenience fee?? Had to pay a "convenience fee" at least $4.00 more for 2 Senior Tickets-Now that's a deal if you're stupid & $9. something for a child. This card was a gift but I didn't expect this kind of cost for convenience..Won't see me buying these "gifts to put it to you cards"!!!

wendyv11
7/17/16

Scamdango should allow people to at least get a pass for another date if you can't get a refund. If the movie theaters allow it they should give the same customer service. I HATE SCAMMERS!!! Lesson learned never purchase from them again.

deannar13
7/16/16

You can VERY EASILY get scammed by Fandango. If you change your mind on the number of tickets you need, the company will not reimburse you for the tickets not used but previously ordered... and you can't change your order. Use a different company or just buy tickets at the door. Don't make the twenty dollar mistake I did.

leslied27
7/15/16

Missed a movie and because of the 2 hour window for return or exchange they just kept the money. No help from support. I removed the app and will never use them again. Lousy business plan. Don't help your customers or show some flexibility and watch your sales go down. Tell your friends, I know I will and have.

lynnm98
7/13/16

Bad, Bad,Bad!

williamb215
7/13/16

Customer Service is an oxymoron at Fandango. In fact I would submit that the whole Fandango thing is a scam to steal money. While it is true I once used one of thier keyosks in a theater to bypass a long line, I have not nor ever will again use Fandango.com or any service affiliated with Fandango.com.

My son's email along with his Fandango account were hacked and apparently my credit card info was stored in his account. Two tickets were purchased or so said my son's account and the $17.48 that was charged to my bank account. When I contacted Fandango via telephone the first time I spoke with an extremely soft-spoken young lady. She had to search the transaction by my credit card number and subsequently found it. When I questioned her about the transaction she informed me that she could not give me the email address due to confidentiality policy....Wha..Wha..What...Someone took my credit card information, made an unauthorized purchase and you can't tell me the email address associated with the account where the purchase with MY credit card info was made?!?!?! "Oh but we can lock the account and block the card number from being used again...

I called Fandango a second time to try and get to the bottom of the unauthorized charges...This time I spoke with a fellow that english was his second or third language. Very difficult to understand. Did the same search using my card info got the same song and dance about confidentiality and how he could give me the email address, etc...Except this time he did say their "Fraud Department" would look into is and possibly refund the $$. I asked to speak with a supervisor to try and expedite the process or at least find out who was using the card. I was transferred to the "supervisor" whereupon I was placed on hold for a very long time. Finally after what seemed like an eternity came a message saying "all supervisiors are still busy, please leave your name, phone number, reference number and a message and your call will be returned within the next 24 hours.

Well that was Sunday, July 10th. It is now Tuesday July 12th and still no phone call. I did, however, receive an email from their "Fraud Department" stating that they wouldn't refund my money due to the account that bought the tickets being someone close to me...We later figured out it was my son's account and he had been hacked.

So the Fandango "Fraud Department" , just like all of Fandango are themselves a Fraud. Nothing but thieves...NEVER AGAIN WILL I USE Fandango!

peterv42
7/12/16

I watch alot of movies with my family and I usually use Fandango's android app to purchase tickets. It's very convenient for me when things go smoothly, but when there is an issue, such as running late or cannot make a movie, it's a pain to get a hold of customer services and get a refund, plus they have that "2 hour" limit where if you're within 2 hours of a movie starting you cannot get a refund.

melissap69
7/11/16

I purchased 3D movie tickets on a Thursday for a movie that was coming into the theater Friday. Apparently there was a special showing on Thursday night at the theater I chose and I ended up buying tickets for that day. I didn't realize until I showed up at the theater the next day that my tickets were for the previous nights showing. I called customer service right away and got sent to a supervisor voicemail. No one returned my call. Thinking there would be no problem with fandango being understanding I just went ahead and purchased new tickets and figured I could just be refunded or use a credit towards a different movie. A few days later I received an email saying no refund could be issued because I didn't call prior to the movie. I called back and spoke with a supervisor on the phone and she told me the same thing. Fandango can clearly see that I did not go to the movie!! They offered no solution. I have NEVER dealt with any company with this horrible level of customer service. You should strive to make your customers happy not lose their business. I lost $51 which for a single mom is a lot. I will NEVER use this app again nor recommend it.

mariap111
7/9/16

Terrible customer service. I bought 4 tickets for a movie as we were walking in the theater. The theater sent us in, but to the wrong theater. I got passed around only to eventually see that it was for another theater. I know I clicked on the right one. By the time I waited on hold on the phone and had 2 text sessions shut down before I could type and explanation, the "time had passed" and the theater said I had to buy new tickets from them. I spoke to someone at fandango (after holding forever and missing the start of the film) who said they would pass it to a supervisor but I never heard a word/got an email. Today I followed up and they said it was denied and terminated my chat session. Taking my 3 young children to the movies on a hot Summer day was over $100.I'm so upset. I will avoid using fandango from now on.

jessicap98
7/8/16

I purchased the wrong movie tickets using my mobile device... the accidental purchase was for a showing that was currently being played at the time of purchase. I was DENIED any type of refund or exchange for the tickets that I originally wanted. Just handed them over $26 bucks for a movie that 1. I didn't want to see. and 2. I wouldn't have even been able to make it too because it was currently playing and I was 20 minutes from the theater. FIRST AND LAST TIME I USE THIS SITE.

marthap41
7/6/16

Recenty I made a review for Fandangos poor customer service and for not refunding the money for 2 movie tickets I didnt use. Especially when I called the same night to rectify it. I am getting help from the Better Business Bureau. If you have a similar situation as mine, Fandango stealing your money, go to "BBB Complaint Form-Better Business Bureau". I have used them before and they helped me. Maybe this is a start, its time for Fandango to learn a lesson and not take their customers money.

na9212
7/5/16

I used Fandango and they declined my transaction 4 times because of an "incorrect zip code". It acceptee on 5th try and when I read my bank statement I got hit for all 5. Taking my family out to a movie wouldve cost 50.00 but instead cost me 250.00. Fandango customer service was very dismissive of my problem and blamed it on my bank but reading other reviews it seems like Im not the only one they have done this too. Fandango is terrible. It blows my mind how easy it is to be stolen from in the digital age.

keithr42
7/5/16

I went on the site to order tickets for a movie and when I entered my card number it said I did not enter my zip code in right. Well I did it twice and both times my account was debited. I chatted with someone there and they said the funds were "on hold" I showed the that the funds were NOT on hold and actually debited and he ignored me. So do not use! BAD BAD BAD

noneyayb
7/5/16

Buy a movie ticket and miss the show! Because life happens and you don't give refunds!!! Bull$#*!! Scum of the $#*!ing earth! Enjoy my money you towel head speaking $#*!s! Don't out source your calls to India! $#*!!! You cum guzzling gooches need to update your refund I just want to see the movies! Dig a hole die in the hole! Hope your family steps on an IED as you walk down the $#*!ing road

pauln77
7/4/16

I tried to use one of their gift cards and got nowhere. The card is useless. They need reporting to the F.T.A. & Consumer Protection.

heatherd41
7/2/16

Quick to take your money, horrible customer service!!!! Computerized canned responses to stupid policies. No ability to speak to a supervisor. Read fine print and order tickets any other way possible!!!!! Lost a potential customer and will tell my friends to do the same.

mikep170
7/1/16

Have tried several times using several different computers and browsers and each time I click on any Movie Tavern showtime, I am placed on the Fandango home page. There are tickets available for the showtimes that I've clicked on.

Poor choice for Movie Tavern to revert to a known problematic 3rd party to process their tickets.

Ticket purchases for all other theaters work as expected.

ellyb2
7/1/16

Horrible, horrible customer service. Their policies suck and so do their customer service reps

jessiej11
6/29/16

What a terrible company. Worst customer service. Refunds or exchange is a total lie. You will never be able to get hold of a customer service agent. Don't waste your time and money

wesleyc27
6/26/16

The customer service department consists of someone saying, I'm sorry but we can't help you. It doesn't matter that their Web site and conformation email advertised the wrong movie time. It doesn't matter that the movie started while waiting for costumer service. There was no assistance of any kind provided and I would urge anyone to utilize a different service.

31 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question