US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

chriss436
8/19/16

The grand kids put money on a fandango gift card. Sent five minutes generating and printing the ticket went to the theater and was told I had to stand in the line the fandango ticket is the same as a credit card. The ticket needed scanned ok I presented the ticket along with my reward card and was told reward card is void when using Fandango. So I spent more time and printing cost for the ticket lost reward credits. Attempted to get a credit back to the kids for the gift money and fandango said no refunds and hung up. Not sure why fandango exists

lindat103
8/16/16

There should be a 0 rating b/c that's what it deserves.

edw1502
8/15/16

Fandango is a rip off..not only do they charge you for the tickets..but they give you a nice service fee..i called them well in advance of their 2 hour limit because I had a family emergency and they said they had to send it to corporate to get it approved for refund..i have never heard back nor have I received a refund..i will go directly to the theatre in advance to buy my tickets as fandango is a greedy entity that should go out of business..RIP OFFS..if only I could give it a negative rating

ahmeda113
8/13/16

Deceptive marketing like fandango VIP Account. If you buy tickets and can't make it don't expect refund or credit. I bought 2 tickets for 11:00pm showtime, at 9:50pm I wanted to get credit so I could use for next day. When I clicked the link "can't make the show?" In the fandango app. There was message saying that sorry can't refund or credit needs 2 hours notice before showtime. I tried calling their 24/7 help department I couldn't reach them for some reason. Called them next day they claim that they updated their app saying it is any minute before the showtime and app is up to date in my phone. The customer service agent keep repeating same words, I asked to talk to supervisor he gave me a hard time about it but finally said ok. Transferred the call I was holding for 30 minutes and voicemail answering comes up and before that their chat web hanged up in 2 second before I even say anything. So that money is gone but i learned lesson that they are out there to get you.

martinac4
8/12/16

Bought two tickets for a matinee show on 8/6/2016 through PayPal. PayPal verified that the cost had been paid to Fandango. When I went to see the movie, Famdango NEVER issued a authorization #, so I end up having to buy the tickets again. Contacted Fandango same day, they now say 5 days after the fact that the time of response....opened a dispute with PayPal. What a waste of time!

alicial21
8/9/16

I recently bought two tickets to see suicide squad. When getting to the theater I was told the movie had already started and they couldn't let anyone else in. I understand that so I asked how I could get my money back and they told me I would have to go through the fandango. It was already really late and I had work in the morning so I decided to call the next day. I was never told or sent a link saying that you had to call them before the showtime to get a refund or exchange. So I thought all was good. Then I call and they take my information only to tell me that I just wasted almost 30 dollars on movie tickets I could not use. So thank you fandango for ruining my one movie date I get this week. I'm defiantly not purchasing any more tickets through fandango, not if this is how they conduct their business.

thomasr110
8/7/16

Gift receiver didn't get satisfaction for questions they had. Wasted time and effort

joyj21
8/6/16

Bought tickets on Mother's Day for my husband, kids, mom and I to see a movie. Purchase went fine. Got to the theater and the app said I had not purchased tickets and then started asking for a password that I couldn't figure out. Had to by the tickets again for a later show at the theater. I confirmed that Fandango had charged my credit card but I was never able to access the tickets. Contacted Fandango but since it was outside the 2 hour before showing window I was told they could do nothing for me. I emailed my complaint to the company and received an email that it would be forwarded to corporate. 2 days later I received an email saying since they hadn't heard from me hey were closing the issue. After numerous emails back and forth for 4 months trying to get some kind of reasonable response I finally got an email that said since it wasn't 2 hours before the show they could do nothing for me. Terrible customer service.

garrettg13
8/6/16

Yesterday was my daughter birthday. She wanted to go to dinner and to go see the secret life of pets. I obliged for my precious 5 year old, what she wants she gets on her birthday, to a certain extent. That being said, I tried very hard to get to the movies for her. I found a theater showing the film at 9 pm. So I search for tickets online, I find ripypuoffandango, I mean fandango...I purchase the tickets but the screen went out to a page not found page, I reload the page and continue then all of a sudden I get two emails with two separate sets of tickets...one of which I OBVIOUS didn't mean to purchase. It's well before 30 minutes to the show but for some reason when I click the can't make the showing button it keeps sending me to a page not found page. What's going on? I'll tell you...it's in the fine print sure enough but they do not offer refunds to non VIP members. HA! Loop hole found. They found a way to $#*! you out of your money, yet again. Good going guys, way to screw the little guy over. I sit and wait for a chat with them this morning only to be told I'm screwed and they will not be returning my funds OR giving me.a.voucher of any kind for any missunderstanding or the one time failure on my own part. Expensive lesson learned...NEVER USE FANDANGO! EVER.

ceceliaw1
8/5/16

On the phone for 1:40 and was told I couldn't get a refund. My suggestion is never use this business to purchase movie tickets. Stand in line that way you won't be charged a convenience fee.

kishas1
8/5/16

I called fandango customer service 3 TIMES to get a refund for my tickets because it wouldn't let me online and was on hold for 45mins each time. Never buying through them again!!!!!

bennym22
8/5/16

I called customer service and they failed to fulfill any of my promises. I called for a refund that has to do something with a promo code but they kept transferring me to the same number I called them by, I never got my refund. They just decided to waste my time on trying to get one.

dulceb1
8/5/16

I purchased tickets and tried to get a refund so I could buy tickets to a later showing. This was before the showtime. I ended up waiting TWO HOURS just to be told I wouldnt get a refund because I didnt contact them on time. what a waste of time.

vyn5
8/4/16

I waited to talk to customer support for a good 30 minutes. The help I needed was probably very minuscule and wouldn't really be trouble to any one. Finally getting to speak to someone, my problem was not resolved at the slightest. I wanted to exchange my tickets for a different time, at a different theater, but for the same day as my original tickets. I did use a promo code to get my original tickets so I couldn't refund or exchange my tickets online. The person I was speaking to was so extremely rude and inpatient. I know that probably 100 other people were waiting for help but I was once one of them too, waiting so long for no help at all. She told me since I used a promo code to get my tickets she couldn't do anything about exchanging the tickets. Which I find so surprising because I just wanted the tickets for a different time and in a different place but for the same day! I didn't want to refund the tickets, even I know that would not be able to be done but I thought a simple exchange could be made by such a big company. I couldn't believe how rude she was being, speaking to me like I was stupid. She kept repeating the same thing again and again, things that I already knew. I waited to talk to her for at least 30 minutes so the least I was expecting was just to give me credit for different tickets if I couldn't exchange it. I hardly doubt that $20 dollars would set back fandango. I'm never buying form fandango again and I hope that no one else does. Now I have to say goodbye to seeing my movie, thanks a lot fandango.

juliem146
8/4/16

Wish I had read these reviews before I purchased tickets. The ticket I purchased could not be viewed once I was at the theater. I now believe it was deliberate. Horrible company. I tried emailing,and that was difficult and did not work, then sat through the online queue, just to be given their "policy" speech. I was not offered any sort of credit, did not offer any resolution at all. Customer NO service. Do NOT use them.
Julie M.

melaniee8
8/3/16

I've been waiting for two hours now and still in queue. I have a feeling they'll make me wait until the customer service hours are over and it's 2 days before my movie even starts.

charlesr79
8/3/16

Waited 20 min. To connect for refund and would have waited 20 more based on how slowly it moved. The queue initially said 12 minutes. Sorry excuse for customer service

ashleyb159
8/2/16

Fandango has a policy that states you have to request a refund or exchange 2 hours before the start time of the movie you purchased tickets for. We bought tickets 45 minutes before the start time and never received a confirmation number so we were unable to print our tickets at the kiosk. Arriving 10 minutes late, we decided to purchase new tickets so we wouldn't miss the movie. I spent 2 hours on hold with their customer service and was simply told "tough luck, you would have had to request the exchange 2 hours before the start time." ...so we were screwed as soon as we purchased the tickets. We will not be using Fandango again!

scotte44
8/2/16

We received a gift card, and it's a poor value. Not only does it cost more per ticket than going to the theater, there was an added $1.50 convenience fee per ticket. Don't buy your friends and family these gift cards. You're throwing money away.

simonp47
8/1/16

From 22nd July to 1 August I have been constantly complaining that they have not provided me with the free movie because I went to watch Star Trek beyond and they promised on their website for vip members that into darkness would be credited to my vip account. This never happened and I never got the email.

The first chat guy told me I had to wait 24 hours. The second Chat guy said 3-5 days. The third chat guy kept repeating what the first two chat guy said and he then disconnected the chat and I was very polite to him all the way through, just asking over and over, will you actually help me or not? "Ryoka: I have provided you with all the information available to me. If it is that you do not have any other question, I will be forced to discontinue thsi conversation." he then discontinued the chat.

So whether or not I will get this special promotion for buying tickets or not is debatable, and highly unlikely. Please avoid this company at all costs! Very disreputable, non-customer friendly. . .

seanb60
8/1/16

Fandango is the worst site possible for movie tickets. I would gladly pay double to purchase tickets just to not have to deal with the inefficient and terrible customer service they provide. I was double charged for tickets and further they didn't actually reserve seats for me. I was provided with a confirmation number that held no seats. I had to purchase other tickets from another site and thus was given the worst seats in the house. I've been refunded one of the charges but after a month and a half and four phone calls I still have yet to receive the other refund. Use someone else because this site sucks.

jom90
7/28/16

I bought a movie from wal-mart because there was a $8 discount code from fandango for a new movie coming out. I registered online only to find that fandango charges $5.40 convenience fee when ordering tickets. So my discount is only $2 and some change. Not even worth the trouble.

rickp39
7/26/16

I had a promo code and didn't realize I had the wrong date until after purchasing the tickets. I immediately contacted customer service to try and switch the date since it is still days from now. They offered a refund but told me but promo code was worthless and they would not issue a new one. A simple mistake using their terrible website and the customer suffers from it. I will never use their website again. I noticed just now that over 90% of the reviews here are the lowest rating. Clearly they are a company not worth dealing with. Spread the word how terrible they are.

bms1
7/25/16

Try this:I bought tickets from Fandango, went to the theater on the day and time only to find there was no such movie or showing at all at that theater. The theater refunded me the tickets but I was left to pay for the internet fees, the parking, the gas etc to say nothing of my time wasted. When I contacted Fandango they told me over several emails that they could not refund me the fees because I did not request a refund BEFORE the movie time. Isn't that beautiful!! Except there was no movie time and they were selling empty air and get to keep the fees. I call that theft. I turned to my cc company for a refund. Never use Fandango. They are thieves, period.

joem200
7/23/16

I had recently bought movie tickets on Fandango but was unable to make the show on time. My internet and phone was out so I couldn't call or use the web to request an exchange before their 2 hour cutoff. I contacted "customer service" and was basically told "too bad".

That's the last time I use them.

32 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question