US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

melaniaf1
11/30/16

I purchased 3 tickets to see moana using my paypal. Well i never received my tickets but was still charged! i have been going back and forth in emails for the past 3 days with fandango customer service. They tried saying my tickets were printed and used on the date of 11/12/2012 WTF that is 4 whole years ago how does that even make sense?!!!! They dont give refunds after the movie showtime when all i had was 5 minutes before the movie started to contact them because i purchased them on my way there (we didnt want to wait in line and have them sold out) and they waited 24 hours to get in touch. I most definitely contacted them before the movie as they can check back in the email! AWFUL!!!! SCREW YOU FANDANGO NEVER AGAIN WILL I PURCHASE FROM YOU

aarons106
11/26/16

Went to see Moana yesterday with the family. I selected the seating which was right behind the handicap row. When I got to the theater I found that the actual seat given to me was in the first section. Too close to the screen. The diagram shown to me on the website did not match that of the theater. The theater could not help me due to the show being sold out. Fandango has almost non existent customer support. I found no way to contact customer support from their website and only managed to find a chat session after doing several google searches. The operator took my info, asked a few questions and told me she was going to escalate my claim. A few hours later Fandango responded back with an outright denial without giving any reason. Will not use their service again. I wouldn't be surprised if a class action lawsuit is in order.

christinak33
11/25/16

They will take your money. They do not care that "life" happens....and its just a darn movie!! That just so happens to cost an arm and a leg! I spent an hour trying to find the area of the website to get a refund and all they had where their policies.....it is basically a scam to make sure you loose your money if you can't make the movie........you might as well just wait in line and buy the tickets at the movies if there is any change in the world something might happen and you can't make it, FANDANGO DOES NOT CARE! And their customer service is even worse....they just copy and paste exactly what it is in the "Refund/Exchange" policy...haha...I can read......worse ever! Seriously, so my date night that was pushed back two days, I am paying for my tickets all over again!!! I will never use them again!! I recommend you do not either!!

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!!!!! DO NOT USE!!!! If anything happens, a refund or exchange is nearly impossible!!! They are a joke and do not care that they take your money......basically a scam!!! NO USER FRIENDLY!!!!!!!!! And most definitely DO NOT care about their customers!!!

jerryj42
11/25/16

Thanksgiving day, sitting in the theater 20 minutes before start time. My wife's phone rings, our eldest daughter has been in a head-on crash and is being admitted to a hospital an hour away. The theater won't give a refund because we bought on Fandango. On the way to the hospital, and after several 30 minute waits and disconnects, efforts to reach Customer Service reveal that they will not be giving us a refund. Over $54 dollars passed away. What an inhuman cooperate structure & policy. Never again. You're dead to me!

annel90
11/25/16

My daughter made a mistake when submitting the movie date in her online purchase. I did not notice until it was too late. Since it was $50, I wanted to see if they'd be willing to waive the fee and just charge me an admin fee to change the tickets to another date, so I called them. I waited over 20 minutes on the phone and then gave up and switched to chat, where I also waited over 20 min. They were completely inflexible and said they could not change their policy. So they basically made $50 for doing nothing. I then had to buy new tickets. I would not recommend their services.

fandagoc
11/13/16

Read the fine print: Fandango doesn't offer refunds or even credits after a movie starts. If you're unable to find parking and can't get a seat in the theater, they don't care. I live-chatted customer service and received this: "I apologize for any inconvenience but Fandango has a strict policy stating once the show time starts we are unable to process any kind of refund or exchange for Fandango credit." This is clearly a business decision on the part of a dishonest company not a tech problem.

emanuelw3
11/12/16

You guys are cooperate thieves. It's crazy how a person can make a mistake and your company takes money from people. I contacted your company before the movie started with the information that you provided through my email. I attempted to do a live chat and was told that the wait time was at least an hour. Then I was told that I have to wait for your corporate office to determine whether I would get a refund. I asked someone can I speak directly to corporate and they claimed there wasn't a number to reach them. You guys are thugs and it's sad how your business does there customers. I can understand not getting a refund, but you guys could have at least gave me a credit to see another movie for the same value. I'm quite sure you will just respond with a simple I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but in the mean time you will just skate off with free money. I will never use your company again, and I will definitely tell everyone I know to not use your service. I am also going to give bad reviews about your company

amyc135
11/12/16

Just to be clear. If you get hit by a car on your way to the theatre. You are not getting a refund. Unless you are in the paramedics busting out your phone for a chat that will never go through or convenientlyrics get documented. Do not use this app. It costs more money than purchasing in person anyway. The convenience charge is the same as adding another ticket to your cart. Take someone deserving instead of paying these stammered. They took me for $40. They're business should be illegal.

davidw401
11/12/16

I don't mind a convenience fee for service, but to charge 18% PER TICKET for movie purchases is not only excessive, but wipes out any discount we may have qualified for.

First, last, and only time I will use Fandango.

deneew
11/11/16

Read it for yourself

Jair: Thank you for contacting Fandango Customer Support. My name is Jair. How may I assist you today?

Terry: We got stuck in traffic for over an hour and couldn't make our movie. I'm requesting a refund
Jair: Purchases made on Fandango.com are only eligible for a refund before show time. Once the showtime starts we are unable to process any kind of refund or exchange for Fandango credit.
Terry: so you keep my money? even though we didn't get the product?
Jair: Though I understand your position and I appreciate the effort you have put forth to clarify for me, I am still unable to grant your request. Fandango endeavors to give our customers the best experience we can, but we are not always able to grant every request.
Terry: My effort to clarify that I didn't get what I paid for? So no refund or ticket replacement? How is this a "best experience"?
Jair: We are not always able to grant every request.
Terry: I don't see how I am asking for much in this case.
Jair: Once the showtime starts we are unable to process any kind of refund or exchange for Fandango credit.
Terry: OK, I see... would like to say thanks for your assistance. But, seeing as you haven't done anything but take my money, I guess I will pass.
Jair: I apologize for the inconvenience and frustration. Do you have any other questions for me?
Jair: If you need anything else, we can be reached Monday-Sunday 6am to 10pm PST. Thank you for making Fandango your choice for online movie tickets. Have a great day!

angelaj42
11/11/16

Somehow even though I originally selected a day for my movie tickets, somehow it was changed. I got an email today asking how I liked my movie... well, I didn't see it. I tried to explain and not only was I hung up on, I have gotten the "no refunds" line a lot. I have no respect for a business that will not work with a customer over something like this. They have lost my business for sure. Lesson learned!

ericb133
11/8/16

My wife mistakenly ordered tickets for the wrong day, but did not realize the error until after the movie time/date she mistakenly purchased tickets for. She insists it was glitch in the system, which I see may be a common problem. Anyway, I called Fandango and took my request for an exchange up the ladder to corporate. They refused to give me an exchange and blamed my wife for the error, stating they gave her 2-3 times to confirm her order, the tickets were already sold, blah, blah, blah. In summary, this was one of the worst customer experiences I have had as a consumer. I strongly recommend avoiding Fandango at all costs. And as a tip, I did call the partner theater, AMC, and they agreed to honor my tickets on the day we planned on going. So AMC, you rock! Fandango, you should learn something from AMC.

garyr74
11/5/16

I called the day before (Thank Goodness) or chatted online with a Fandango Rep. Because after reading the reviews on here I decided I better get all my duckies in a row! Anyway, here is the story short and Sweet!:

Bought tickets on November 4th. Read the reviews on (Fandango) Saturday Night and contacted them. My Reason: One of the people I purchased a ticket for was going to be arriving late. According to the rep. All people requiring a ticket must be present at the time the tickets are registered on my phone when checking in. She had called me today to say she may be running late. Which is the reason for the internet check prior to check-ing in because I figured I could for sure get my money back tonight! Had I trusted Fandango and The Theater I may have just burned 13.50 plus the fee for booking the tickets online (Total $18.00)- That really would have sucked! and all this through THEM. Maybe Fandango is just slurping up the profits when people use them and then SMARTLY CHOOSE TO cancel. PLEASE JUST DONT USE THEM! IT EMPOWERS THEM (lol) but not really funny if you choose to think about it!?! GFRHouTX

kathyw77
10/29/16

I made a mistake and ordered the tickets I wanted for the wrong day and for the wrong amount of tickets. When I realized tpnight that I ordered the tickets for today instead of for tomorrow as I wanted I went to the chat window. I realize that the policy is the refund must be made before the showing but I honestly thought I made it the right day. They had no consideration for my mistake so I guess i am out the money. That is fine but I will never again use them to get tickets. Just had to write a poor review.

barbc18
10/25/16

After I entered the number on the back of my Fandango card, it told me I had $8 on the card. I tried to order a ticket and it said the card number was invalid or had expired. I thought it would subtract $8 from the total, but it took all from Paypal, including $1.35 "convenience fee," when I didn't even get to use the Fandango card. I would never purchase a Fandango card. I am out $8.

jennifery28
10/24/16

We are new to the area and bought tickets on Fandango to a theater that was suppose to be close to us. NOT the case the map and address are don't exist! There is no phone number to call the theater either. We drove around for over 30 minutes looking for the theater. Fandango refuses to refund our money because I was unable to request a refund until after the movie started!!! SCAM

juliam70
10/20/16

I will never use Fandango again. I purchased tickets via PAYPAL (my ONLY saving grace was PayPal dispute). We arrived at the movie 10 minutes before the movie was to begin and my ticket code came back as expired even though that date and time were correct on the same code. We had to pay cash at the window to see the movie ($45 for two people now)

Then starts the runaround! I was not entitled to a refund because we had paid cash at the window. I did submit documents as requested by their Customer Support department and always got the same answer: Your case is being closed because you failed to respond within 48 hours.

I literally responded within MINUTES of each and every request. Then, they went back to the original excuse that they couldn't refund me because we paid cash at the ticket window. I literally send 10+ emails in response and all repeated the same:

CASE BEING CLOSED FOR FAILURE TO RESPOND
WE DID NOT RECEIVE YOUR RESPONSE (which they were responding to)
CANNOT PROCESS REFUND WITHOUT CREDIT CARD RECEIPT OF ADDITIONAL PURCHASE

This company is a real piece of work. I will never use them again! PayPal refunded my money. I am SO glad I used them for the original purchase. The claim went undisputed by Fandango.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE FANDANGO. They are grossly immoral and incompetent. They will respond to your email with: Sorry, we did not receive your response. Ummmmm......AVOID AT ALL COSTS. See reviews. I didn't check until it was too late.

michelel39
10/14/16

I purchased tickets and had to cancel , called Fandango and was toldthere was no problem that they would credit my account, now after almost 1 year I am still trying to use my credit with fandango on my VIP account but to no avail. Customer seervicetells me they have to get in touch with their corporate team to evaluate the situation ,what a bunch of nonsense.

frankp91
10/9/16

This is an example of a great service company. 30 minutes before my movie time they gave me a refund when one of my kids got sick.
By their rules they clearly didn't have to, but I asked and they had no problem.
I've always used them in the past and will always use them in the future.

patriciaw95
10/9/16

What a ripoff. The four dollar convenience fee is almost as much as the matinee ticket! This was a 25.00 gift card and has 5 dollars left. Whats the point of using that? Another 4.00 charge?? Ridiculous! I will never buy one of these cards again for anyone. I will also advise everyone I know of the scam that is going on.

lo10009
10/5/16

fandango has quiet a racket going on we were given a gift card for fandango when we went to use it at their kiosk it wouldn't accept it and when we used it on their website mind your this is a fandango gift card so can't use it anywhere else they charge a 4$ convenience fee for using their currency this is outright theft what this means is your 25$ gift card is worth at best 21$ DON"T GIVE FANDANGO YOUR MONEY!

paulap47
10/5/16

I loved using fandango until I bought a ticket for the wrong date. I didn't use the tickets and they would not let me transfer the tickets. They told me my only option is to repurchase them.
Terrible customer service

annc73
10/4/16

I bought tickets using fandango (for the first and LAST time) and my daughters couldn't get into the theater because they had to be 18? It was our first time to this theater and I did not know their policy. When she called to tell me I went online and tried to cancel and it gave me an error message. When I called I was on hold for at least 5 minutes when I got through it was 1 MINUTE past the show time and they wouldn't exchange my tickets. I called to speak to an idiot supervisor named Mariam and all she could say was "I don't know what I can say to make you understand we won't give you a refund" Are you kidding me a company that big offers that kind of customer service? What a joke... i will tell everyone I know to NEVER use Fandango!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! But reading this website it's clear they don't care!!!

amandam147
9/16/16

I HATE fANDANGO.
I bought a movie ticket that i thought it was straight from cinemark, but i got directed to their website. They gave the wrong ticket, and did not help me get my money back.
Customer service sucked, was rude and not helpful AT ALL.
If I could I would give it ZERO stars.

I'm not ever purchasing anything through here again.

preciousl4
9/12/16

I would have loved to have written a review on how the movie "Don't Breathe" was. Problem is i didn't see it! I ordered my tickets on Fandango.com but selected the wrong movie theater. When I got to the movie theater that I thought I'd purchased tickets for, I was informed that I was at the wrong theater. I immediately logged on to my Fandango account and requested a credit so I could purchase tickets for the correct movie theater. I was told that because it was more than 2 hours prior to the start time of the movie, I was unable to to receive a refund or exchange. I contacted customer service and the rude representative told me there was nothing they could do. True enough it was my mistake in choosing the wrong theater, but I'm only human and I'm sure I'm not the first person that has done that and I'm sure I certainly won't be the last. Either way I was out of money and was not able to see this movie.

33 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question