Review of Fandango

Tel: 866-857-5191
unsubscribe@fandango.com

jayt135
3/14/19

So their point system is worthless. You are forced to pick from 1 of 5 movies of their choice, not yours. And you have 21 days to use it. If you redeem and don't see a movie you like available, you are out of luck. It's a reward program that helps no one but them.

josephd403
3/6/19

I purchased an expensive movie bundle and it's useless because their app doesn't work. I can't even watch the movies on my iPhone. I emailed customer service weeks ago requesting a refund and they just now got back to me with no help whatsoever. They had the nerve to tell me that they are SO busy and have ZERO days to respond so are discarding my email!!! I was told if my issue is not resolved (an impossibility since I have ZERO days!!) to go into chat room or call customer service. I called and was on hold for hours and never got ahold of anyone. No one was in their chat room. How is this joke of a company still in business!? I'm reporting them to the BBB, letting everyone I know to never do business with them, and posting reviews on the net for others to steer clear from them. Run for the hills from these thieves! HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE, HORRIBLE!!!!

pbj
3/6/19

Unless you really know what you are doing on the app, don't bother. Even when the app screws up, the company won't fix or make it right. You're out of luck and out of $$. Shameful. No benefit of the service, whatsoever, especially after they take their fees for tickets purchased.

seymab
3/6/19

I have made over 4 calls, 13 emails and 5 online support calls and 2 months later I am still waiting for corporate office to help. Support has escalated the request 5 times and they have made the issue worse. I give up.

joser270
2/26/19

your company sucksyour company sucksyour company sucksyouryour company sucks company sucksyour company sucksyour company sucyouryour company sucks coyour company sucksmpany sucksks

cleopatrar1
2/24/19

I have tried several times to rent movies from fandango.com and have found it to be the worst possible service. The very first time was via TV+ which directed me to fandango. I was charged for the film but it would not play. I tried calling both TV + and fandango. Only email options were available. Next day I got someone at fandango. They said they can't guarantee films purchased through TV+ and the refund would need to come from them and next time I should go directly through fandango. So the next time I did as directed. The first time we sat down one evening to watch a movie from fandango directly, I was prompted for my card to be saved. No matter how many times I entered the card it kept saying it was invalid even though it was not. I tried Amex and Visa. I then followed instructions to save online. Same result. Tried calling their customer service and after waiting 10 mins. I opted to have them call me. They called the next morning and I missed the call. I finally got them on the phone and added my card. They said my card was now saved so I wouldn't have any further issues. Last night we tried to watch a movie and the same issue. And no one again available to help, there was not even an option to connect with an agent. Now after 30 mins. on hold waiting for an agent on the phone and 20 mins on hold for an agent via chat I was able to finally cancel my account. It seems they have 1 person supporting their customer service lines. In this day and age I have never known such terrible customer service especially during times when people are most likely to be watching films and need help. Their whole operation is a mess. The only thing that appears to work is their incessant emails advertising their films. If I could rate them -10 stars would. I would not recommend them to anyone. Not when there are so many better services available.

chrisg501
2/23/19

Just bought 3 tix for my wife and daughters to see a movie. My daughter received a fandango gift card for her birthday, and was very excited to get to use it as she saw fit. Very proud that she wanted to take mommy and sissy to the movies. Lo and behold, Fandango is a JOKE. We were able to purchase the tix, but are left with a balance I'll never be able to use. Why? Because they charged us $5.10 for the convenience of their service. I'm appalled at this company. This should be illegal. I wish I could say more, but my daughter is paying attention to her father seething over what just happened.

rons341
2/16/19

I normally like to praise, but here I cannot. We received a Fandango movie gift card as a gift from our kids. Upon our attempt to redeem the card and secure a movie time we found it to be a difficult process. Not being able to process our online request we had to call for support. Calling the support line meant 20 minutes of waiting and for all of this we are being charged a $3.40 "convenience fee". Really! NEVER will I give the gift of a Fandango movie

jacksond23
2/15/19

Bought 2 movie tickets.$21.60 used $15 gift card and they charged me $10. ......Called customer service and they said it overcharged me bc it was a promo .I used a physical gift card .21-15 doesn't = 6.The lady said the card only applies to one ticket and refused to
Give me a refund.I clearly explained that if it's $15 an a movie ticket is 9.10 is a service fee that it's impossible to not get change.She said the money goes back to the company.How can it only go to one ticket? 100% trash and the second time this has happened.Never using them again even if it's a free gift card.Id rather pay honestly then have money stolen from me

roem14
2/13/19

purchased fandango gift cards from CVS, could not redeem them, no matter what i tried and after many emails, fandango refused to issue new cards or issue me a refund.

DONT BUY ANY GIFT CARDS FROM THIS COMPANY.

ericae43
2/10/19

I tried to buy from Fandango and it took forever processing never said it processed then said error timed out so I checked my account didn't see it so decided it must not have gone through. I went back and purchased again this time it showed it went through fine. Then both email confirmations showed up at the same time showing that it was double purchased. The movie was about to start so I hurry up and try the chat message to talk to someone and let them know what happened. My wait time kept getting longer and longer so I had to leave the chat without talking to anyone. I get to the movie watch it and try the chat again but the wait kept getting longer again so I look to see if there is another way to contact them and try the phone I waited then requested call back finally talked to someone today who told me since I tried the chat before the movie and didn't actually speak to anyone they could not refund me my money. I do not suggest ordering from them unless the movie time is hours/days away so you have plenty of time to talk to someone before the movie if something goes wrong. For me I will not use them again because a double purchase due to system error won't happen purchasing from the movie theaters themselves so I won't have to worry about being charged twice.

douglase32
2/5/19

I tried to buy tickets online and received no confirmation that the credit card was charged nor did I receive the e-tickets to enter the theater. Without some receipt I did not know if I actually had any tickets. Fandango did not answer a "What do I do?" phone call and the theater said, "Just come on in and your credit card will verify (or not) your online order." I used the theater kiosk to get my tickets and it appeared my online request was honored. However, I did not know I was charged twice until my credit card bill came a month later: once for the online order (for which I had no confirmation receipt from Fandango); and once for the kiosk. Bottom line? Fandango has close to a hundred bucks which does not belong to them. There was no way I knew there was a double charge unto later...and their refund policies do not cover online errors unknown to the customer. Beware of Fandango's almost impossible refund policies, classic "we're right" bureaucratic BS, and a rigid "the customer is always wrong" attitude. Avoid using Fandango at any cost...you'll keep your mind in YOUR wallet instead of theirs.

hb158
2/3/19

We had a family member unexpectedly die the day we had fandango movie tickets. Because I did not ask for a refund before the show, fandango refused to grant a refund. I can't be.ieve they expected me to cancel the tickets rather than attend to funeral rarrangements, etc.

ks351
1/30/19

I purchased a 2 tickets recently to Mary Queen of Scots. The first transaction "errored" out and I didn't get my tickets. I purchased the tickets again. I tried to work with them to get a refund, but they were unwilling because it was after the show. It was close to impossible to connect with them as their phone number is buried in their webpage. Once you call, you get an antiquated email that is impossible to work with because you have to respond between their two lines...my initial email failed after two weeks! Any way, I am never going to buy from Fandango again. It looks as if I am not the only one with this issue of poor customer service as their reviews are all pretty bad!

michellel418
1/27/19

I got 2 gift cards for my parents to use for Christmas presents. My father could not get tix online. Takes hours to get anywhere on the website. Don't waste your time. Don't bother with the KIOSK either. Same problems. Just get your tix the old fashioned way, at the theater!

jd385
1/27/19

I bought a gift card that could be used for movies. Instead I got a card that only allows tickets to be bought on-line and then charges a $3.40 convenience (????) fee!!!! Thought the gift card was a convenience, NOT. Will NEVER buy again.

natashaf29
1/16/19

I bought tickets for a movie and when I went to the theater, the movie was cancelled! Fandango never told me and even said that my movie was about to start. I went to the theater and was told I would get a refund since they cancelled the movie. When I spoke to Fandango they told me that they could not give me a refund since the movie started. I said it was freakin CANCELLED!!!!!!! They did not care at all. Even the fine print says that they will give you a refund if it was cancelled. They are thieves! DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY!!

triciaf12
1/16/19

I tried to get a refund for a movie I had purchased for the wrong time. I thought it went through but both charges were on my credit card, so I contacted them. I was on a chat hold for almost an hour (twice) and then days later I finally got someone and could not get the refund. I will never purchase tickets from them again. I also tried to use a $5 coupon, followed all the instructions accurately, and it would not go through.
I suggest people switch to Starpass.I tried them and have had no problems.

tamij19
1/12/19

We supposedly had a "free" movie code to try fandango. Put in our code ....did not work. Tried 3 different times...nothing. Tried calling customer support, waited on phone over 10 mins....nothing ! What a waste of time

davids2054
1/12/19

Issue with a gift card. The gift card was short 1.80 the system will not allow us to pay the difference. To get a hold of customer service is just impossible.
We have been on hold for 40 minutes. Totally unacceptable! The Movie will be over before the answer the phone. Don't by a gift card. Big Rip off!

hugom62
1/11/19

So...I accidentally picked the wrong theater, it was over 45 minutes before the show started, i tried to fix this on their useless fcking website BUT because i used a $5 gift coupon, i was unable to do this online ( $48 worth of tickets) , i tried to call but they already had closed at 10Estern time, tried to get a refund and exchange for two weeks, showing them screenshots with proof yet no luck, tried a few days later and explained the situation better to another lady, no luck, no credit. If i could punch these mtherfckers in the face I would. FCK THIS COMPANY.

tahlerh
1/10/19

Got a $15 gift card for Christmas. I used it to purchase 2 tickets for Spider-Man + had to pay $13.30 of my own money to cover the rest of the cost. The page popped up that verified my tickets were purchased and I could pull them up in my "purchase history." I never received an email confirmation-even checked my spam folder- and there was nothing under my purchase history. I went to our regal theater knowing they probably wouldn't be able to help me, but they tried their best. They tried to get fandango customer service on the line for me, but after waiting 15 minutes for someone to answer the damn phone I ultimately gave up and told them I would just purchase tickets from them.
I tried to use the gift card again the next day, thinking maybe it didn't go through (even though I saw the confirmation page before closing out of it) and sure enough, the gift card code no longer workbecause I have already "used it." I also checked my bank account and they pulled out the other $13.30 I had to pay.
So basically I am $28 in the hole thanks to fandango and they can suck my $#*!. I'm livid about it.

sunnyk28
1/10/19

My sweet old Grandmother bought me a 25$ gift card for fandango during Christmas.
After many attempts to use it, I see a message popping up that says if the card starts with a '6006 please redeem in theater'. I was a but worried but went anyway, and it didn't work. They turned me away after saying that the theater cannot deal with fandango gift cards.

I'm not sure what is up with the company but this is wrong. Taking money for absolutely nothing, then wasting my time and Grandma's good will is offensive. I'm never dealing with this site again, and will tell all I know to not deal with it as well.

Someone over there should be ashamed, and I hope the company fails without ruining any employees lives.
TLDR; Fandango will take your money and give you nothing but frustration and extra charges. Absolute garbage company that isn't necessary but makes the experience actively worse. Shame

elissad1
1/9/19

Terrible Fandango experience. The app failed twice while I tried to purchase 2 movie tickets. No confirmation received. No tickets received. No email. No in-app confirmation. I was in a hurry as I was at the theater so I eventually used Cinemark's site. Fandango charged me for the 4 tickets I never used and when I got a customer service rep they refused to refund my $24. Terrible experience online and with the rep! I'll never use Fandango again! Ever ever ever!

eranam
1/5/19

I had a gift card , I decided to use. Two senior tickets were 15.00 each while at the theater the cost is 10.50. In addition there is a service charge, What a rip off

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Shauna, try Ken's suggestion. After years as a loyal customer & "Fan" of Fandango, I had an issue that should have been easily resolved. When I finally spoke to a live CSR, the response & subsequent email were robotic & useless. I now buy gift cards from the theatres & save my $$ and time. Good luck to you, though!!

By SJ P.

You do Julie S., but if you purchase it within 2 hours of the movie you are out of luck and that's what I happened to do. I accidentally chose that same day rather than the next day (Saturday) and since I was within a 2 hour time frame they said too bad. Never will use them again that's for sure. It was an honest mistake and I explained that but the woman on the phone was very nasty.

By Diane R.

I came down with an illness two days before my show. I requested a refund. Never heard a word from Fandango, and they charged my credit card. It is a scam. Helen Gruenhut

By Helen G.

I didn't wake up with a dead horse in my bed but all other evidence in dealing with Fandango indicate that they are mob-owned. Perhaps the mob has more morals. Maybe not mob-owned. What would be worse than the mob because that's likely who owns them. Difficult question to answer. Best not to do business with them anyway.

By Julia M.

Its just like buying tickets at the window. You don't have a "specific" seat reserved. They have X amount of seats available. If you are looking for a certain seat , certain row just get there early

By Babette W.

Agree.

By Suzanne D.

Pinky P...judging by your rude response and the fact you think Fandango is so great...I'm wondering how long you've worked for them. Two hour window for a refund? WRONG! I contacted them withing moments of purchase...no refund, just rudeness.

By Ginger N.

If your card wasn't charged don't try it again. You got lucky they didn't take your money. Read the reviews.

By Julia M.

No you can't

By Pinky p.

Did you know you Vann send this to your own phone rather than contacting customer care....if that is one of the redemption options then yes it's possible....n the option is seen on the confirmation page

By Pinky p.
Questions? Get answers from the Fandango staff and other customers.

Fandango?