Review of Fandango

Tel: 866-857-5191
unsubscribe@fandango.com

michaell372
12/16/17

Fandango rips off their customers and refuses refunds for honest mistakes. I bought the groupon deal for $26 credit for two fandango tickets. I used the code and got credited but then they charge me a convenience fee and others making it not free. I tried to buy tickets for the following day but it bought tickets for the same day and I contacted Fandango customer support waiting over 45mins to talk to someone then they just tell me your out of luck we can't do anything for you since you used a promo code for your purchase they could only refund my convenience fee. I asked them why they couldn't just give me the exact same show and time for the following day and or credit for 2 ticket as i purchased. They refused and just threw a link at me from their website regarding refunds and exchanges... They gave absolutely no care or consideration to me as a customer. I highly would not recommend using Fandango or buying any groupons for their tickets ever unless you don't mind throwing your money away. Fandango you just keep pissing off customers, no wonder everyone just going to move to Moviepass. Later Fandango never again using this crap service.

Tip for consumers: Never use Fandango or buy their Groupons.

dennism157
12/15/17

This site is so bad I bet they loose millions in business every day. Their stupid software refused every credit card I have (only 2) and they are both totally good. It is truly crap.
I wish I could award a zero star.

stephanieb187
12/14/17

We bought our Star Wars tickets in October when they went on sale, got a confirmation email, number, they charged us, the tickets are listed in my purchase history and everything. So tonight, thankfully even though we had reserved seats we decided to get to the theater super early to get snacks and all that. We go to the counter to get our tickets printed and they tell is they "Can't be released". What does that mean? We get sent to the manager. He tells us the same thing, and that we need to contact Fandango. After waiting 40 mintues with us and the manager on hold with them and no answer, the manager kindly gave us tickets for 2 different seats that had not been filled yet near the front. He said he suspected an error on Fandango's part, and that the seats were possibly sold twice. I didn't have any errors or weird refreshing screens while checking out, so I don't see how it could have happened. So we went and sat in our original seats and sure enough people show up with tickets for them. All in all, the guy at Penn Cinema was awesome and we got to see the movie, but it was super inconvenient and shady of Fandango.

wendyj49
12/14/17

I know that Star wars came out.. but waiting 1 hour and a half to get them on the phone is a disgrace.. we did it 3 times then finally left out number to call us back. hey called back 1/2 hour later. al we wanted was our confirmation #.. Just terrible,, gave us a bad taste! Hire more people if u know it will be busy!!!!!

lucillew4
12/12/17

I tried purchasing tickets using my Groupon promo code, but it wouldn't go through. After waiting 20 minutes on hold I finally got to speak to a rep who did nothing. She told me to purchase the tickets at the theater and she'd "bump" the problem up to administration. I told her that the ticket was expiring in one week and I don't go to the movies that often and wanted to use it now. She repeated that she'd "bump" it up to administration, which might take up to one week to solve. I have no hope that anything will be done and I'm sure it will expire on the 18th and I'll be out the money spent. Then I received an email asking how my experience with the rep was and it didn't work either. I was unable to answer any questions. Terrible experience. I will never use Fandango.

js340
12/8/17

PUT THIS COMPANY OUT OF BUSINESS.

Do not use Fandango. There are plenty of competitors out there -- competitors with moral compasses who follow good business ethics.

Accidentally booked a movie for same day -- within an hour of the show -- rather than the intended next day. Because it was within their timeframe of the showing they denied reimbursement or transfer, there was "nothing <<the operator>> could do." With today's technology, they can validate that the movie had come and gone and that I and the six people I bought tickets for had not attended. Furthermore, to not take my word for it (trustworthiness and integrity, here) and transfer my amount to the next day, was inflexible and un-trusting. A customer who doesn't feel trusted by the company, loses trust in the company and doesn't return. I will never use Fandango and I encourage everyone else to not use them, also.

For those who believe in rehabilitation, I have given them a few months to correct the problem and fix their unethical practices, but they still stand by the policies and have not reimbursed my $70 for the movie seats that we did not use.

mayraf2
12/5/17

Bought 3 tickets and just before the movie an AMC rep asked me to show him the tickets and told me to move because someone had bought a ticket for one of my seats. Called and emailed Fandango. When I called they said they would look in to it. The email responses were apologies because it was taking too long for them to answer. They asked if I still needed a response and explain their policy of no refunds after the movie.

letiziak1
12/4/17

not surprised to google fandango review and find the lowest rating I have ever witnessed for a company. My personal reason for giving it one star: 24 hours trying to reset a password for an account I did not even know I had but since the site was telling me that the email was already registered I went through the motions of getting a new password emailed, a total of 5 times and still no password link arrived, chatted with customer service, they tried resending my password, nothing, so I asked the idiot to delete my account, I thought I would just create a new account, turns out you cannot use the same email even if the account no longer exists, so I called customer service, they tried to email me yet again a password link, nothing, and then they told me the reason I was not getting any emails was because I opted out of email promotions and updates from Fandango! I WISH I COULD GIVE THEM MINUS STARS and btw I still do not have a password. I will not use Fandango in the future, because it is a piece of garbage and because I can't since I do not have access to my account..@%$#^$&*(

andyf45
11/29/17

Attaching my chat with support for the full story, but i was very very displeased with how my transaction was handled, and not even told if it would be resolved. Chat person left before even asking if I had everything resolved!!! Absolutely furious, and no guarantee that I will get my money back from something I contacted them before the movie time about. Absolute abysmal service, DO NOT USE!!!!

sandrae37
11/28/17

bought 16 tickets and 3 didn't show up right before movie., went to counter and nope they cannot refund.. So I send them an email and no they can not refund me because the movie has passed. I even asked for a gift card so I can purchase again and they still wouldn't

do not use this site EVER,

ayanac1
11/25/17

Purchasing tickets through fandango is not worth the trouble or confusion. I made a purchase for ticket for my family of 4 and when I arrived to the ticket counter which is AMC I was informed that I had tickets for a 3-D movie. I would have never purchased tickets for a 3D movie. Judging from the reviews here its not clear on the sight which movie your purchasing tickets for. I contacted an online representative which talked to me as if I was a child and when I asked for management he said it was not necessary because my request had been denied. I will inform the company I work for so that we stop purchasing tickets from this company. I will nor will my friends and family ever get tickets from fandango again. Worst customer service.

mc670
11/25/17

Bunch of thieves. Charged my CC $5.99 but then said I couldnt watch unless I paid $99. This was after my CC was already charged the $5.99. The Custer service was the worst. When I started yelling saying it was wrong he yelled back.

dorism34
11/22/17

Fandango doesnt know what to do in situations, and yet, they dont answer their damn phone!! It is impossible to call them every time Ive tried getting a tickets without waiting 2-3 hours! Terrible.

gg107
11/22/17

If I could rate Fandango 0 I would, but that wasnt not an option. I purchased movie tickets for three people in 3-D, and an emergency came up right before the showtime. I went on the app to cancel my movie showtime and it did not allow me because it was one or two minutes after the showtime had started. I called customer service right away to let them know that I was not going to be there and to refund me my tickets. They told me I was not able to because the showtime had already started. I contacted upper management via email many times & made several calls. Nobody was able to help me and the result was that I was never refunded. This was nearly $60 that I lost because of a family emergency that came up. Instead of being understanding and having great customer service, they said there was nothing that they could do. Fandango pretty much stole my money & gave me no other options.

josea137
11/19/17

Arrived at the movies, with the tickets I purchased from fandango, the cashier could not confirm them and I was forced to buy another set of tickets, by this time it was already passed the movie showtime, so I had to try and get a refund through the live chat. I was told that since it was already passed showtime I could no longer receive a refund or credit. I will make it my personal goal to advise anyone I know not to use their service.

graceg52
11/17/17

Fandango robs money from customers. If you refund due to an honest mistake, you automatically lose 3 dollars the least even if you have valid reason. Calling the customer service will take you 30 mins or so and if you ask forcthe manager because the staff is useless and rude, they will give you another no. to call and you have to wait another 30 mins or so. Will never use the app ever again.

danetter4
11/14/17

Their site malfunctioned telling me that I wasn't being charged. It charged me for tickets all 3 times with an error message. I returned the tickets but they kept the service fee. I contacted their live chat, and they sent "internal email" to request I get my money back. They were supposed to contact me w/in 3-5 days. 10 days later, nothing. I tried to chat again. Agent disconnected on me. DO NOT EVER USE THEM!

cindys176
11/13/17

Like many, I had a bad experience with Fandango. Bought tickets for the wrong days a guest, not with an account. I tried to call and cancel but the line was busy so I went on chat. The movie started in 35 minutes and I wound up waiting 30 minutes on chat! When I got thru the guy told me I had an account and to sign in instead of canceling my tickets! That of course wasted time and because of that, it was past time and I couldn't cancel my tickets. I called the next day and explained the situation to their cust. Service. She said she would have corp. review it and see if I could get a refund. I received and email and was told I would get a refund on my credit card. No refund appeared after 2 weeks. I emailed back as they asked me to do. Then they asked me to "replicate the issue and take a screenshot" huh?! I said no, they promised the refund, now process it. I got another email saying that a credit was processed to my fandango acct. I said I didn't want that, put it on my credit card as was promised. The response - "we understand your position...we are unable to grant your request. I understand you are upset because of a mistake in wording, but that does not change the outcome of the decision made by our corporate team." He ended the letter by saying "we endeavor to give our customers the best experience we can" nice one ;) I guess $28.50 is just too costly. Here is the IMPORTANT INFORMATION I want you to know.
Keep track of the dates and amount and communication with fandango if you can. Names too. Call visa and ask to get your money back. They will get it for you, especially in situations like this, that are preposterous. Don't let them keep your money, it is not theirs to keep! Side note, I am also reporting them to the Better Business Bureau. It is not the money, it is the principle.

jeffw126
11/12/17

I wish I could leave 0 stars for this joke of a company/website. Every time I try to use it there is always an error or it sells me tickets to the wrong theater. Then, when I submit my complaint, they send me an email stating they will get back to me within 72 hours.....72 hours???? Im going to the movie tonight . Ill take my chances buying tickets at the door and will never use this laughable resource ever again!

donnaf78
11/11/17

Nita Montgomery

2 hrs
...
I just want to post this in hope that the FAT TIGERS that were at Fandango's last night will see it! We went there because my boyfriend is a Veteran. We waited in line for over 1 hour. We enjoyed the time talking to other Veterans and seeing how lucky he was to not come home with any injuries. We saw multi people in wheel chairs, walkers, crunches, some had to be helped standing up, some on oxygen etc. But they all were happy to be able to share some of their stories with fellow Veterans.
When we finally got in and served we saw 2 couples come in the GO OUT entrance. They talked to one of the servers. they were seated immediately! I went up to her and asked why! She said something about tigers, I asked to speak to the manager .
I asked her why they could get in without standing in line like all the other Veterans. I said if you look at the line still waiting to get in , it is still winding around clear to the back of the casino. She said these people are TIGERS .I asked very politely what in the HELL are tigers. She said they are people that spend quite a bit gambling. So I said so this day is NOT FOR Veterans alone it's also for Tigers ! I said all the announcements that we have heard is not true, because it kept saying that the casino is honoring Veterans today! I guess someone needs to go and tell him to add to the announcements that you are ALSO honoring tigers. It got a little heated, I told her I was going to write a letter to corporate telling them what I thought about what "they" were doing , I felt it was a dishonor to the Veterans who have been standing in line for a hour or longer . She told me if I did that that the corporate would probably not do this again. I asked her what she meant. She said they would not Give free food to the Veterans again next year, they would probably stop it. I told her what a Very Sad world that ONE DAY a year the tigers couldn't wait in line and show their support for our Veterans.

sallyg38
11/8/17

Fandango scammed me into redeeming a coupon for a poster that went along with the purchase of my tickets. Should have stopped when I saw it wasnt even free. I have to pay $6.95 for shipping and handling aside from the $80+ that spent on the movie tickets. And hey are not even sending it to me or have an answer as to why not. They are also giving me a hard time in refunding me that amount. That amount!!! If it wasnt for it being a gifted item for a hard core fan that I thought it would come in handy for, I wouldnt have redeemed that offer. But who wouldve thought that fandango would scam me, a loyal customer, out of $7? Will reconsider purchasing anything/movie tickets through fandango again. Thats for sure

madelinem12
11/4/17

Everything in here is so true. Fandango is a rip-off. The only good thing was that I actually didnt sign up. SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DONT USE FANDANGO TO PURCHASE MOVIE TICKETS! The free poster offer is a scam. Thats how they got me. Its not free at all. You have to pay for shipping at $6.95. The shipping costs more than the poster.

nicholask28
11/3/17

When buying tickets there was a website error and it said it didn't charge me and i hadn't purchased tickets. Well, after the fourth try it worked, with a different card. Well, they charged me for all four when it was their websites problem. Lost $ and they won't refund.

jamesf240
10/30/17

Uncompromising and impersonal. No room for human error on the customers end. Now out almost $100 after Fandango denied my request for a refund after trying to coordinate buying tickets with my friends. Called immediately after the accidental purchase and waited two weeks to be told I would be receiving "Exchange credit" and no refund. Will never use their service again.

markc326
10/15/17

If anyone still watches movies and buys tickets online, please DO NOT use Fandango. Ripped off for nearly $30 for "credit" that I was supposed to get for a future movie.

Shauna, try Ken's suggestion. After years as a loyal customer & "Fan" of Fandango, I had an issue that should have been easily resolved. When I finally spoke to a live CSR, the response & subsequent email were robotic & useless. I now buy gift cards from the theatres & save my $$ and time. Good luck to you, though!!

By SJ P.

You do Julie S., but if you purchase it within 2 hours of the movie you are out of luck and that's what I happened to do. I accidentally chose that same day rather than the next day (Saturday) and since I was within a 2 hour time frame they said too bad. Never will use them again that's for sure. It was an honest mistake and I explained that but the woman on the phone was very nasty.

By Diane R.

I came down with an illness two days before my show. I requested a refund. Never heard a word from Fandango, and they charged my credit card. It is a scam. Helen Gruenhut

By Helen G.

I didn't wake up with a dead horse in my bed but all other evidence in dealing with Fandango indicate that they are mob-owned. Perhaps the mob has more morals. Maybe not mob-owned. What would be worse than the mob because that's likely who owns them. Difficult question to answer. Best not to do business with them anyway.

By Julia M.

Its just like buying tickets at the window. You don't have a "specific" seat reserved. They have X amount of seats available. If you are looking for a certain seat , certain row just get there early

By Babette W.

Pinky P...judging by your rude response and the fact you think Fandango is so great...I'm wondering how long you've worked for them. Two hour window for a refund? WRONG! I contacted them withing moments of purchase...no refund, just rudeness.

By Ginger N.

If your card wasn't charged don't try it again. You got lucky they didn't take your money. Read the reviews.

By Julia M.

Did you know you Vann send this to your own phone rather than contacting customer care....if that is one of the redemption options then yes it's possible....n the option is seen on the confirmation page

By Pinky p.
Questions? Get answers from the Fandango staff and other customers.

6 Photos for Fandango