Review of Fandango

Tel: 866-857-5191
unsubscribe@fandango.com

natashaf29
1/16/19

I bought tickets for a movie and when I went to the theater, the movie was cancelled! Fandango never told me and even said that my movie was about to start. I went to the theater and was told I would get a refund since they cancelled the movie. When I spoke to Fandango they told me that they could not give me a refund since the movie started. I said it was freakin CANCELLED!!!!!!! They did not care at all. Even the fine print says that they will give you a refund if it was cancelled. They are thieves! DO NOT EVER USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!! STAY AWAY!!

triciaf12
1/16/19

I tried to get a refund for a movie I had purchased for the wrong time. I thought it went through but both charges were on my credit card, so I contacted them. I was on a chat hold for almost an hour (twice) and then days later I finally got someone and could not get the refund. I will never purchase tickets from them again. I also tried to use a $5 coupon, followed all the instructions accurately, and it would not go through.
I suggest people switch to Starpass.I tried them and have had no problems.

tamij19
1/12/19

We supposedly had a "free" movie code to try fandango. Put in our code ....did not work. Tried 3 different times...nothing. Tried calling customer support, waited on phone over 10 mins....nothing ! What a waste of time

davids2054
1/12/19

Issue with a gift card. The gift card was short 1.80 the system will not allow us to pay the difference. To get a hold of customer service is just impossible.
We have been on hold for 40 minutes. Totally unacceptable! The Movie will be over before the answer the phone. Don't by a gift card. Big Rip off!

hugom62
1/11/19

So...I accidentally picked the wrong theater, it was over 45 minutes before the show started, i tried to fix this on their useless fcking website BUT because i used a $5 gift coupon, i was unable to do this online ( $48 worth of tickets) , i tried to call but they already had closed at 10Estern time, tried to get a refund and exchange for two weeks, showing them screenshots with proof yet no luck, tried a few days later and explained the situation better to another lady, no luck, no credit. If i could punch these mtherfckers in the face I would. FCK THIS COMPANY.

tahlerh
1/10/19

Got a $15 gift card for Christmas. I used it to purchase 2 tickets for Spider-Man + had to pay $13.30 of my own money to cover the rest of the cost. The page popped up that verified my tickets were purchased and I could pull them up in my "purchase history." I never received an email confirmation-even checked my spam folder- and there was nothing under my purchase history. I went to our regal theater knowing they probably wouldn't be able to help me, but they tried their best. They tried to get fandango customer service on the line for me, but after waiting 15 minutes for someone to answer the damn phone I ultimately gave up and told them I would just purchase tickets from them.
I tried to use the gift card again the next day, thinking maybe it didn't go through (even though I saw the confirmation page before closing out of it) and sure enough, the gift card code no longer workbecause I have already "used it." I also checked my bank account and they pulled out the other $13.30 I had to pay.
So basically I am $28 in the hole thanks to fandango and they can suck my $#*!. I'm livid about it.

sunnyk28
1/10/19

My sweet old Grandmother bought me a 25$ gift card for fandango during Christmas.
After many attempts to use it, I see a message popping up that says if the card starts with a '6006 please redeem in theater'. I was a but worried but went anyway, and it didn't work. They turned me away after saying that the theater cannot deal with fandango gift cards.

I'm not sure what is up with the company but this is wrong. Taking money for absolutely nothing, then wasting my time and Grandma's good will is offensive. I'm never dealing with this site again, and will tell all I know to not deal with it as well.

Someone over there should be ashamed, and I hope the company fails without ruining any employees lives.
TLDR; Fandango will take your money and give you nothing but frustration and extra charges. Absolute garbage company that isn't necessary but makes the experience actively worse. Shame

elissad1
1/9/19

Terrible Fandango experience. The app failed twice while I tried to purchase 2 movie tickets. No confirmation received. No tickets received. No email. No in-app confirmation. I was in a hurry as I was at the theater so I eventually used Cinemark's site. Fandango charged me for the 4 tickets I never used and when I got a customer service rep they refused to refund my $24. Terrible experience online and with the rep! I'll never use Fandango again! Ever ever ever!

eranam
1/5/19

I had a gift card , I decided to use. Two senior tickets were 15.00 each while at the theater the cost is 10.50. In addition there is a service charge, What a rip off

arts78
1/3/19

I bought 4 tickets online and went to theater to pick them up. When I arrived at theater there were no tickets associated with the credit card and movie was sold out. 2 weeks later my credit card bill arrived with the transaction on it. Fandango says they can only refund before the movie date. So, no tickets, no movie, no refund. Last time I will use Fandango!

jeremyd81
1/3/19

I went to purchase tickets from Fandango and when I get to the check out I thought it seemed a little high so I decided to chance it and see if tickets where still available when I got to the theater. Come to find out not only was the website charging a convenience fee which I didn't have a problem with but it was lying about how much the tickets actually cost so they could make even more money. The price I was getting from fandango was actually more than double what I payed at the theatre which meant fandango was going to make more money than the theatre, that's just not right.

erinne
1/1/19

Horrible company. I purchased tickets on accident for the wrong show time, when I realized my mistake, it was past the date of the show. They would not issue a refund due to it being for a previous show date and time. I sent a request to the corporate office and they denied it. They do not allow you to contact corporate directly. I worked for Regal for years and this would never have happened prior to FANDANGO.

andreal287
12/29/18

I selected a movie for the movie theatre I wanted to go to. Then I picked the movie I wanted to see but it was not playing at the theatre I selected. I purchased my tickets and rushed to the movies to realize I was supposed to go to a different theatre . I called to get a refund and I was on hold for a long time. I selected to have a representative call me and hold my place in line no call!!! No movie!!! Three very sad children and nothing. I will never use fandango again and I will tell everyone about my experience and tell everyone I know never to use fandango

fa27
12/29/18

I called the customer service number 30 minutes before the movie and waited on hold only to be rudely disconnected after 90 minutes "because the rep couldn't hear me". I used the live chat feature and finally got to a rep after waiting over 3 hours and being disconnected by the system multiple times; only to be told no refund would be issued because the movie has started already (and ended, technically). This is unacceptable.
Fandango takes your money whether you get what you pay for or not; and despite following their policies- it seems they intentionally make it difficult to get to a live person in order to put in your refund request until well after the movie starts and then they force you to sign up for their VIP program in order to even consider the request. These tactics are manipulative and should be illegal, how is fandango still in business?
I will never use them again and would not encourage anyone else to.

Tip for consumers: Dont use fandango. For any reason. Ever.

markr646
12/28/18

Would never use them again.
Corporate thieves.
Emailed a refund. No call back.
Called and waited over an hour.
Fine print claims after a show has started a refund can not be granted. But if you can not reach someone, how can your claim be processed before the show.

This is done by design.
$#*! them.

monab53
12/28/18

Don't waste your money because the time you will have to waste trying to use them is well over an hour. No customer service and terrible time trying to use their gift cards on their good for nothing web sight!

michaell962
12/26/18

Fandango will not refund tickets even when they sell the wrong tickets to children not permitted in the 21 + age group. They suck! Suck! Suck!

shaquitah
12/23/18

I mistakenly brought tickets for a movie to the wrong theater. Fandango was unable to refund me my money. I had to drive from NC to Hilton Head SC to get A refund from the theater itself. I was only able to get the cost of the tickets and not the service fee. Fandango told me that they were unable to refund me my service fee! Pure ridiculousness!

micheley13
12/22/18

Fandango is a scam! I purchased two tickets for Bumblebee, 9:30 am show. I get to Cinemark only to find out the time on ticket said 12:30 pm. The cashiers stated they have been having issues with movie goers showing up with either the wrong time or wrong movie purchased. I did receive a refund but will NEVER use Fandango again.

marko167
12/22/18

Why should I pay $3.40 for a convenience fee to Fandango? I would NEVER buy through Fandango however someone gave me a gift card for Xmas. I was shocked at what they deduct for each ticket. WHERE'S THE BEEF?

tiffanyl160
12/21/18

I've never used Fandango before, so iI saw a deal on groupon $13 for $26 for "two" tickets. Well first after fees and everything else 2 movie tickets on Fandango is $41.00 Like, what? I could'd gone directly though AMC and it wouldve been $28-34, I spent $13 groupon + 15 change to cover the rest. Ok? So, whatever, I'll deal with it. I ordered tickets for this Saturday at 4:30 a week ago. Well. my SO proposed. His family is having a to do at his house in celebration for our engagement. I contacted customer service to see if i could go to a different time slot for this movie. Same movie. Same theater. Different time/day ONLY. They would not allow to do this because i bought a groupon. I didnt want to refund anything, just exchange. AND the groupon wouldnt have expired until 12/31/18. I've been going out of my way to let people know how horrible they are. Waste of time and money.

lynne59
12/20/18

Unfortunately I was new to fandango when I purchased some tickets. I picked a showtime I thought I could make it to. I wasnt worried because I seen you could change your chosen showtime if not. Dinner ran late so we missed our showtime. When I went to change it to a later show it told me I couldn't because the original movie I picked already started. I had no idea that was a rule. I politely contacted fandango to see if they could overlook it this one time because I spent alot of money for something i never used. They did NOTHING for me. I understand that's there policy but a good company would have done something to help solve this problem. It was an honest mistake.

meghanh26
12/17/18

I wish I could give no stars. Every UHD movie I've bought through FandangoNOW has messed up with sound and customer service has never been helpful. Luckily the movies transfer to my Vudu account, so I can watch them there.

Fandango is worst; their customer service took 10 days to respond to me for a ticket/points issue recently (described below), and when I wasn't happy with their response and asked again that they fix their mistake, I have yet to be answered at all. That was 13 days ago.

They aren't giving me the VIP points for two movies I purchased in November because they said they weren't active at the time. That's not true because I distinctly remember seeing "You will earn VIP points with this purchase." Otherwise I wouldn't have done it because both times I was seeing movies that had been out for awhile and therefore did not need to be purchased in advance. I was ONLY doing it to earn my points, so I would have noticed if I wasn't.

I've attached one of the email confirmations for my second movie, but the first - First Man - from the first week of November - was already deleted from my email, but the history can be seen in my Fandango account, so it's not like they just don't know.

They just lie and do whatever they want.

jenniferw500
12/15/18

Refuse to give VIP+ points on orders that say they will receive them. Customer service is not even reading my email to them. They see that the tickets were purchased prior to Nov 19th when the program started. The terms say "showtime" inside the promo period. PLUS my receipts SAY I'll get points. Horrible, horrible customer service! Use atom tickets instead

madeling1
12/15/18

Purchased tickets and selected my theater and Showtime, which the closest one to us is 40 minutes away. We showed up and they couldn't find our tickets so I checked my email and it was an entire different theater and we already missed the Showtime. I had an online chat because it said I couldn't be refunded because the show had already started. The Rep. Told me it was my fault and that they couldn't do anything then ended the chat. Wow! Don't use this

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Shauna, try Ken's suggestion. After years as a loyal customer & "Fan" of Fandango, I had an issue that should have been easily resolved. When I finally spoke to a live CSR, the response & subsequent email were robotic & useless. I now buy gift cards from the theatres & save my $$ and time. Good luck to you, though!!

By SJ P.

You do Julie S., but if you purchase it within 2 hours of the movie you are out of luck and that's what I happened to do. I accidentally chose that same day rather than the next day (Saturday) and since I was within a 2 hour time frame they said too bad. Never will use them again that's for sure. It was an honest mistake and I explained that but the woman on the phone was very nasty.

By Diane R.

I came down with an illness two days before my show. I requested a refund. Never heard a word from Fandango, and they charged my credit card. It is a scam. Helen Gruenhut

By Helen G.

I didn't wake up with a dead horse in my bed but all other evidence in dealing with Fandango indicate that they are mob-owned. Perhaps the mob has more morals. Maybe not mob-owned. What would be worse than the mob because that's likely who owns them. Difficult question to answer. Best not to do business with them anyway.

By Julia M.

Its just like buying tickets at the window. You don't have a "specific" seat reserved. They have X amount of seats available. If you are looking for a certain seat , certain row just get there early

By Babette W.

Agree.

By Suzanne D.

Pinky P...judging by your rude response and the fact you think Fandango is so great...I'm wondering how long you've worked for them. Two hour window for a refund? WRONG! I contacted them withing moments of purchase...no refund, just rudeness.

By Ginger N.

If your card wasn't charged don't try it again. You got lucky they didn't take your money. Read the reviews.

By Julia M.

No you can't

By Pinky p.

Did you know you Vann send this to your own phone rather than contacting customer care....if that is one of the redemption options then yes it's possible....n the option is seen on the confirmation page

By Pinky p.
Questions? Get answers from the Fandango staff and other customers.

Fandango?