Review of Fandango

Tel: 866-857-5191
unsubscribe@fandango.com

dayamir1
6/12/19

MY SON WHO IS 14 YEARS OLD WENT ONLINE TO BUY THE MOVIE TICKETS AND WHEN WE GOT TO THE THEATER I NOTICED THEY WERE BOUGHT FROM THE WRONG THEATER. WE LIVE IN FLORIDA AND THE TICKETS WERE BOUGHT FOR THE THEATER IN MARYLAND. I TEXTED FANDANGO AND THEY DID NOT REPLY IT WOULD TAKE SOMETIME TO RESPOND AND I NEEDED A SOLUTION RIGHT AWAY. I CALLED AND I WAS ON HOLD FOR TWO HOURS AND BY THE TIME SOMEONE ANSWERED THE MOVIE HAD ALREADY STARTED. THEY ONLY GIVE YOU A REFUND BEFORE THE MOVIE STARTS. IF THE MOVIE HAS STARTED THEY DON"T GIVE YOU YOUR MONEY BACK. THEY WOULD NOT EVEN EXCHANGE IT FOR THE THEATER IN FLORIDA. WILL NEVER BUY TICKETS THROUGH THIS SITE EVER AGAIN. SAVE YOUR MONEY THEY ARE A HEADACHE AND THEY HAVE REALLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE.

ellend84
6/9/19

If I could give this company a negative star, I would, but I had to give it at least one for the review to process. Someone hacked my account and purchased 3 tickets to John Wick using the credit card attached to my account. I contacted Fandango to refund my money. In a live chat I got the most ridiculous and absurd reply ... that they do not refund tickets past showtime. Even it it wasn't my purchase? In a follow up email to Fandango there was NO REPLY. I am cancelling my Fandango account. No excuse for poor customer service. I reported this fraud to my credit card company. I will not have to pay for the tickets, but shame on Fandango for caring not at all.

justinb349
6/9/19

I'll make sure I never buy tickets through Fandango again. I've never dealt with a more dishonest and untrustworthy business. When you call to try and replace your tickets they put you on a 2 HOUR hold and then proceed to tell you why they can't give you a refund aka they don't care about customer service and are all about profit. Once they've got you to buy something their work is done. Scammers, con-artists, schemers I'll take my business to atom tickets who seem more upfront and honest then these snakes

caryn9
6/9/19

Why buy movietickets company but not honor their gift cards? Received 2 movietickets as gift but since they are part of fandango now you get sent to fandango to purchase tickets but they don't honor movietickets gift cards even though they bought the company.

davidk846
6/7/19

I had 2 $15 "Gift Cards". I got tickets through their site totaling $20.10. I used both cards and in total, it only took off $13.40. I thought well, it probably only takes off a certain amount per order. Well, I went to use them again today and it said they no longer worked. I called them and after a 40 MINUTE WAIT ON HOLD!!!! Finally got a hold of someone. He told me that the gift cards were "up to $15 per ticket, not actually $15". What a rip off. I will never be using them again, and I will make sure friends, family and acquaintance know of the experience that I have had.

ashleyj167
6/4/19

They have a reward system that after 4 movies you get $5 you use at the theater or to rent. It takes you straight to their rent and doesn't ask you if you want to rent or purchase tickets. When I clicked on the movie I wanted it choose rent. When I called to get it change I had to wait for "corporate" to review and reissue it, 3-5 business days. Got an email back saying they could not refund at this time. I will buy my tickets through someone else from now on. I know it is only $5, but if I earned it I should easily be able to use it where I want.

sarab239
5/30/19

DO NOT USE THIS SITE. It switched my location while I was buying tickets for a show that evening to a location that was too far to physically make it to. When I contacted them for refund before showtime, they did not respond until after the showtime and said I would have to wait days for a response then, maybe, be able to be swapped for a movie we could have simply seen that night. When I reached out a second time the next day, the only thing a supervisor told me was "it's after showtime" " you will have to wait 3-5 business days for yes or no" - obviously it was after the showtime, again...by no fault of my own? USE ANY OTHER SITE BUT THIS ONE

josea269
5/30/19

this place is a scam along with movietickets.com they take your money and dont provide the service when you call them they put you hold forever and then when they answered the ladie couldnt help and i asked to speak with a manger then she put me on hold again and when she came back it was here again giving me the same information she just kept repeating herself no help at all. save yourself the money these places are a scam

dw204
5/28/19

I called for a refund because the theatre they sold tickets for, is closed for construction. I can't believe that they sold tickets like that! I asked for a refund but they did not full refund me.They kept around $9 for themselves.The customer service I spoke says, its not their fault! He is angrier than me! I cant believe there is a business like this here in the US. We should call & report to business bureau & consumer protection.

alexs790
5/25/19

Fandango has to be the WORST service offered for purchasing movie tickets..not only do they overcharge for the tickets, which are less expensive when you purchase them at the movie box office,which sounds somewhat like "price gouging", they charge a "convenience fee" of $3-$4 on top of it... and oh yeah.. if you don't happen to make it to the movie..you lose.. yeah.. they won't give you a refund ..in short...FANDANGO SUCKS!!!
Was on hold for over 45 minutes to tell me all this BS!! Even the gift cards were just that, gift cards, I promise will toss them out next time and tell the people who give them to me, :do you hate me that much:??

aliceb203
5/25/19

Been on hold waiting for their customer service to pickup. Been on hold 40 minutes and counting....

Ordered a ticket in Atlanta. Seats were booked for me in Oklahoma!

Now, I have to call my bank for a charge back.

A V O I D F A N D A N G O !!!!

danieln143
5/24/19

Wow! I wish I would have googled Fandango's reviews before I tried to purchase tickets for them. I highly recommend NEVER buying tickets with them. I will be deleting my account and never using them again.

Simply put, I bought tickets. Needed to return them (which they allow), but when I called (which they require) I was on hold for almost an hour. I hung up, then emailed them. They didn't respond. Finally when I got a hold of them they said I was outside of the allowable window to return. Avoid them at all costs!

peggyw94
5/23/19

Their site generated a code for me to receive a free movie rental. When I submitted that code THAT THEY SENT TO ME, it came back as invalid. I sent in a complaint but they refuse to back up the code that THEY SENT ME!! Incredibly bad service. DIN'T DO BUSINESS WITH THIS RIP OFF JOKE OF A COMPANY!!

chandlerp8
5/23/19

I had been with them for a while I needed to talk about a problem I had with the fandango now app and I waited on the phone for 30mins before I hung up because no one would answer the phone the voice automated phone said they had a lot of calls but my call started at 9am eastern time when they just opened this company is terrible I will not be using them again

georgep279
5/22/19

I called and used the live chat for Fandango to try to get a refund, was told that I would get it, but never saw the follow-through from Fandango. My initial contact w/ customer service was via phone and the lady seemed clueless or was playing dumb but I persisted and she finally said I'd get a "courtesy refund". I waited a few days and didn't see the refund, so I decided to use the live chat instead. I use the live chat to explain the promise made by Fandango and the rep said he'd escalate my case and that I'd be contact within day. I waited again and was never contacted. I used the live chat once more and was told the same thing and still nothing. I WILL BE DELETING FANDANGO FROM MY PHONE, BLOCKING ALL EMAILS, AND LEAVING THIS REVIEW IN AS MANY PLACES AS I CAN FIND. I WILL ALSO TELL EVERYONE I KNOW ABOUT THIS AND MAYBE THEY WILL DECIDE NOT TO USE FANDANGO ANYMORE TOO.

saraf102
5/21/19

When we got to the theater, we realized that the tickets were for the day before. The manager said that it is a common problem with Fandango but she couldn't give us a refund. I waited 45 minutes on live chat just to be told to go talk to the theater manager. I will avoid using them ever again, and you should too. Don't waste your money on this company.

hagaig
5/20/19

Yes, you got it. Purchased tickets, only to find out upon arrival at the movie theatre that it was closed.. Ask for a refund and got a major run around. And no, they would not issue a refund, telling me to contact the movie theatre.. (I did - the Movie Theatre told me to contact... wait for it... Fandango!) Will never use them again. Chat w customer service was well below par.

jimis2
5/16/19

Poor customer service. Rude and not at all helpful. Avoid giving these people your hard earned money.

andrewp367
5/15/19

The movie theater was trying to sell parking for $40 when the ticket was only $11. Because of this, I did not attend the movie. Fandango has the worst customer service and refused to give me a refund. Never using them again and I HIGHLY recommend no one else does. Worst customer service I have seen in a long time.

bc80
5/11/19

After I paid for rental, I got a message it was unavailable (it's a stream...??!) Never showed up but charged me. Tried going through Fandango site to get answers and there login page wasn't working...said my email was invalid even though it was entered correctly. So I had to call and am still sitting on hold, when I should be half way through my movie by now. Horrible experience, how is this different from theft???

hg32
5/5/19

Purchased tickets via Fandango. Move theatre was actually closed. On the phone they told me to call Fandango to get a refund. 27 Minutes on Hold with Fandango got me to "Patrick W" whom told me to... wait for it - call the movie theatre for the refund. Oh, and while typing, hung up on me. He did apologize for not letting me know that the movie theatre was closed though.. Boo..

gils41
5/5/19

I use it for the very first time to see end game, was nothing but issues. I purchased tickets but made a error. Taken me 27 minutes to fix it and had to cancel and repurchase. Had to pay cancel fee and what 3 days to be refunded. I will not be doing any business with them again.

vinos
5/5/19

A few years ago Fandango seemed to work well. The last several times using it was frustrating and useless. Spent nearly an hour trying to buy 2 movie tickets. Never succeeded. Would not recognize seats reserved. Continued to get error message which does not identify the specific error. Asked for valid Loyalty Number, which it showed in box. I entered it anyway. Got same error message. Checked account info for Loyalty number. The correct one showed in box, however, it continued to ask for a valid number. Q&A does not answer questions. Repeated process several times with same results. Will no longer use this method of purchasing tickets. Easier to go to box office.

paull491
5/4/19

Ordered one too many tickets. Could not just refund one ticket got a partial credit back. Waited for customer service for 45 min. Then never answered. So poor. Never again. Fool me once...

johannag21
5/4/19

After being a very good customer for years, I needed a refund and found out how horrible their customer service really is. I attempted the refund online but because there was $5 off on $60 of tickets, it had to he done through customer service. I waited for 40 minutes and was then disconnected. I emailed them with all the relevant info and received a reply several days later telling me they couldn't do a refund through email. I needed to do it online.
At that point, the movie day and time had come and gone. I replied explaining the situation again but got no response. I no longer use Fandango.

1 rating was submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Shauna, try Ken's suggestion. After years as a loyal customer & "Fan" of Fandango, I had an issue that should have been easily resolved. When I finally spoke to a live CSR, the response & subsequent email were robotic & useless. I now buy gift cards from the theatres & save my $$ and time. Good luck to you, though!!

By SJ P.

You do Julie S., but if you purchase it within 2 hours of the movie you are out of luck and that's what I happened to do. I accidentally chose that same day rather than the next day (Saturday) and since I was within a 2 hour time frame they said too bad. Never will use them again that's for sure. It was an honest mistake and I explained that but the woman on the phone was very nasty.

By Diane R.

I would try emailing them, unfortunately there is no one to call as far as I know. If that doesn't work why don't you try calling a theater near you that takes fandango, ask for a manager. Fandangos customer service is not good so I wish you luck. Thank you for your service, hope this helps Rose

By Rose L.

I didn't wake up with a dead horse in my bed but all other evidence in dealing with Fandango indicate that they are mob-owned. Perhaps the mob has more morals. Maybe not mob-owned. What would be worse than the mob because that's likely who owns them. Difficult question to answer. Best not to do business with them anyway.

By Julia M.

Its just like buying tickets at the window. You don't have a "specific" seat reserved. They have X amount of seats available. If you are looking for a certain seat , certain row just get there early

By Babette W.

Agree.

By Suzanne D.

Pinky P...judging by your rude response and the fact you think Fandango is so great...I'm wondering how long you've worked for them. Two hour window for a refund? WRONG! I contacted them withing moments of purchase...no refund, just rudeness.

By Ginger N.

If your card wasn't charged don't try it again. You got lucky they didn't take your money. Read the reviews.

By Julia M.

No you can't

By Pinky p.

Did you know you Vann send this to your own phone rather than contacting customer care....if that is one of the redemption options then yes it's possible....n the option is seen on the confirmation page

By Pinky p.
Questions? Get answers from the Fandango staff and other customers.

Fandango?