Review of BigBadToyStore

Tel: +1 888-980-2287
service@bigbadtoystore.com

johnm3181
8/12/19

BigBadtoys shipped my package out on the 6th of August still no package poor shipping and still waiting! And its the 12th of August, but I ordered on August 1st 2019!

vietp2
7/5/19

I got a Sideshow statue from them with an obviously flaw. I contacted BBTS customer service to see if they could help me. Their excuse was these flaws are paint variations. I've ordered direct from Sideshow and have had parts replaced immediately.

If you're a collector who doesn't want to waste hundreds of dollars on flaw, then don't buy here! I've canceled all my statue pre-orders with them and will now order them all direct.

COLLECTORS BEWARE!!

scotto11
6/30/19

I order a Tbleague Skarah figure on June 21. It took them a week before they decided to ship it out. Seriously? I ordered an item from another online store called giantoy. They shipped it out the next day. It's arriving Tuesday. Who knows how long it'll take my item from bbts to get to Mississauga Ont. Who's running the shipping dept. Moe,Larry and Curly?

cecilb34
6/27/19

I have purchased 2 items from BBTS and both transactions were excellent. The first was a pre-order (Emissary Predator #1) while the second ( Assassin Predator) was in stock. Both items were competitively priced, the packaging for shipping was excellent and both were received very quickly. Obviously the pre-order took longer because we had to wait for the release from the factory. All communications with them were handled quickly and they were always happy to answer my questions. I will definitely continue to do business with them in the future.

Tip for consumers: Be patient on pre-orders. BBTS is at the mercy of the manufacturer.

maheng
6/25/19

A placed my order 9 weeks ago, and still no one have any idea where the heck are my figures! I lost all my patience, and hope, caouse probably I paid 91$ for nothing, and thats called robbery! They have thousands of beautiful figures, but worth nothing, if you'll never get them...

jesusc88
6/22/19

really safe and stuff comes right away thanks

waynew149
6/19/19

Mainly for TBLeague / Phicen figures. I must of purchased quite a few of these figures from other online hobby stores or even on eBay that is in stock and BBTS still has them on Pre-order. Seems like BBTS is the last to receive their TBLeague figures, and other type of items going by other reviews. I find that BBTS does not have these figures in stock, even after over a MONTH when many on-line and ebay sellers have them in stock and ready to ship out.

Recent case: TBLeague Queen of Vampires Narama Huntress of Men 1/6 Scale Figure is still in pre-order status on BBTS as of June 19, 2019. Another on-line hobby store in California had this figure in STOCK and ready to ship May 10, 2019. Plus a few US sellers on eBay had this figure in stock as well. I ordered one and it was in my hands on May 15, 2019.

I did order a few already in stock figures from BBTS and chose their $4 flat rate shipping. Takes about 1.5 weeks to arrive from the order date. From my experience, usually takes 3 or 4 business days from the day you order before they even ship out. I know it's the cheap flat rate. In my cases, the SLOW as molasses FEDEX Smartpost shipping was the method used.

To sum it up, I would AVOID the PRE-ORDERS from this place. Did I already say AVOID???! Perhaps, SKIP or NOT ORDER preorders, unless you want to be the last person on earth to receive the item, and everyone and their dog has it a month or more before you. Smh

robyng58
5/6/19

Note: All items ordered were preorders, so my experience will be different from ordering in stock items.

What is the point of preordering something if you can't even get it when other retailers have it in stock both physically and online?

I have preordered 3 items from this company: a Spyro the Dragon plush and 2 Spyro the Dragon NECA figures (One was a collector Grade item). Both arrived 3 weeks after retailers got these items in their inventory.

I understand, employees can't magically know when an item will arrive, but 3 weeks with no updates or helpful customer service and buyers are stuck with 0 information until 2 days before it arrives to their warehouse.

BBTS isn't inherently bad, but when I see every applicable retailer online and in physical stores with an item less than a week after its released, I would expect BBTS would at least be a little more timely considering it's a major online toy retailer.

Also, one of my NECA figures arrived with a paint smear on the box, so obviously that's my reward for shopping with BBTS and not just picking my own figure up at the store.

I will say that if you're patient, BBTS won't be an issue for you, but nothing sets it apart from other online retailers to give it a competitive edge over the others. This is why I gave it 3 stars. Its not close to being better than Amazon or other major online retailers, but its not as bad that they'll be running off with your money with no policies or protection in place. So its just slow. Nothing more, nothing less.

kale5
5/2/19

I had placed a pre-order in 2018, the day after ordering i had buyers remorse and cancelled my order. After cancelling i made sure to check that everything was in the clear and i had no items in any of the order sections on the site. I guess the cancellation didn't work on there end, apparently it was still active. A year later i get a charge on my card and have no idea what this charge was from, the pre-order went over my head since I had cancelled. I filed a dispute with my bank, the website got in contact with me about the dispute and i told them the pre-order was cancelled, they told me i was wrong and that the item was already sent. I said "ok, no biggie" once i get the item i'll pay a couple dollars to send it back, i sent the item back 30 minutes after i received it, then proceeded to call my bank to reverse the dispute. I was in contact with a manager through email previously and all contact had been ceased and my account deactivated once i put the dispute in so i couldn't see what was going on with my return. I called multiple times and there excuse is that they cant see my profile and that the manager is not in. I still have not received my money or have had contact with anyone from management other than the call center rep which seemed like she had just woken up from a nap due to low call volumes thanks for nothing "Samantha". I will give Kudos to "Dave" though, the only call center rep that seems to know what he's doing and is actually professional.

fredrickm59
4/30/19

I have purchased in the 10s of thousands of dollars in the course of my collecting since these guys opened their e-doors. You would think there would be some kind of loyalty towards customers that helped them get started. I have made many pleas as to why they like to pay extra or spend extra to tampo print their packing tape?? It causes the Canadian customs agents to go mental and tag another 40-60% tax! Why bother selling to international buyers. I would rather deal with AMIAMI, RobotKingdom and ShowzStore. They have fast shipping no tampo business box prints which wont get you dinged for ridiculous monies from the customs cartel. Many conversations of BBTS are just fruitless. They dont give a $#*!. Shipping times are atrocious. 3.5 weeks to get something into Ontario?? You are better off taking your e-business someplace else.

tomh641
3/8/19

Crappy delivery time, expensive delivery, but well packed and not damaged. Your package will come unharmed and in good shape but if you need things fast DO NOT USE THEM, also when i contacted customer service all i get is automated response saying shipping times in house and once sent out.

francisd44
2/27/19

First of all very very long delivery
Shipping is super expensive I live in Quebec Canada it's not too far. I received a figure from Japan before my preorder. Then in an other order my box has been seriously damaged has you can see on the picture. I send them an email showing the box and my damaged box inside.then they told me they can't send me a free shipping slip. So i need to pay to send it back and pay again to get the new one. So I pay 25$ to get it, then return it for even more then get a new one and repay the 25$ ?
They didn't offer me any discount/credit/futur free delivery .... nothing.
Worst company I ever bought from.

jasonc541
2/20/19

1) Some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced. They have hung up on me twice. They have yelled at me twice.
2) Until they recently started their $4 flat shipping their shipping rates were astronomical.
3) Now their shipping is a great price but it's cheap shipping and unreliable.
4) They have delivered my order to the wrong address. Only once, but once is 1 time too many.
5) Their search engine sucks. I have an extremely hard time finding products without having to scroll through a ton of other brands, and items that don't even come close to what I'm looking for.

justing161
1/7/19

Overall I am pleased with their service and have been a customer for about a decade now. 4$ flat rate shipping; doesn't matter what you buy or in what quantity, and with their "Pile of Loot" feature they will allow you to stockpile items up to 90 days so you can maximize and fully exploit their $4 flat rate shipping deal. I spend a grand total of $16 on shipping thousands of dollars in merchandise over the course of a whole year. My only real gripes with BBTS is that they are a little slow to reply to customer service inquiries, but they do respond every single time...unlike TFSource who picks and chooses what they reply to. I feel like an online business should have someone on hand to answer inquiries within an hour or less, 24/7...but they use the standard business day 9 to 5 model like brick and mortar stores...which just seems silly for an online store these days. They could also stand to improve on keeping up to date with their preorder release dates by communicating more with their suppliers and updating their listings when there are changes; it's hard to budget your preorders when they have an item listed to come out in December but it doesn't release until three months later and you pass up an item you might want so you can stay within your budget, and you wind up missing out on the item while waiting for the one they wouldn't update the release date for. A prime example is their NECA listings, they have several items which were announced in 2016 with 2016 release dates, and as each month passes, the system automatically changes the date to the current month and those items are still on preorder status in 2019. Thankfully NECA now has a shipping calendar so now I can just check their website for the release schedule. My thinking is; if I can do that, how hard is it for BBTS to do the same and update their own listings so that other people who are unaware of NECA posting their shipping schedule can have an easier time budgeting their preorders. Unfortunately finding manufacturer release dates, from companies that are not NECA, is not so simple...which is why BBTS failing to keep up with their listings can be annoying.

markc325
10/14/17

I ordered a bunch of GI Joe action figures. They emailed me that my order has been shipped with tracking number last Wednesday, been checking every day. But couldn't track my order. When Saturday came the tracking finally appeared but it wasn;t what I expected. USPS still haven't got my parcel, they were just notified to expect my parcel for mailing.

drewt10
7/13/16

This is the place to get your toys! Prices are reasonable, but customer service can't be beat!

lances21
12/14/15

I placed an order for a product on Nov 3. Turns out that just last week after 4 weeks expecting the parcel to arrive, I visit the website to find out my order was cancelled. No reason, no explanation and NO e-mail. If I had known this I would have been able to go to another business who could have sent me the item before Christmas without paying a fortune for shipping.
I have ill-feelings when mistreated this way and now will be apprehensive to ever order from them again. Bad first experience

jasont45
11/5/15

Big Bad Toy Store is an excellent place to buy all your collectible and action figure needs. Prices are reasonable. Shipping is also very reasonable for international customers compared to competitors. They have an extremely useful pile of loot feature which I recommend. Items come packed carefully in great condition. Customer service email (which I've had to use a couple times due to my own errors) has always replied within one business day even during the busier holiday season.

Only issue I've ever had is that sometimes preorders do not come in during the expected time frame projected, mostly due to reasons beyond the store's control. This can be upsetting during the Holiday season when you need things buy a certain time, but if you order plenty of time in advance or if you don't need things by a certain time and are patient it is usually not a problem.

I'm from East Coast Canada and I've ordered from BBTS many times. I will continue to do so as they are an excellent provider for mine and my wife's collectibles.

mikeb203
8/22/15

Overall they're really good. Product comes quickly, I've never had them delay or cancel a pre-order. Pretty much the only issue I've ever run into with them is in the event you need to return anything or get support, they don't really pay attention to what you tell them. Took a lot of back and forth to get them to acknowledge something that I had written in the first email I sent, which they either missed or ignored, but ultimately they did make good on the return.

peterk52
10/11/14

My friend fell in love with the look of Alice the Madness in mid 2014. Big bad toy store was selling the best figure at discounted rates because of the distressed box. I ordered (for a bit less than the price on the big auction site) they shipped quick and we actually had to look to see where the box from Big Bad Toy Store was distressed. The packing was great! Big bad Toy Store just rocks

brianp30
10/10/13

Bigbadtoystore is THE place to go for action figures and they have the largest collection I have ever seen. The quality of their items is very good and the detail is amazing. They have some custom pieces as well and my favorite is their new Kato doll. http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=FGC10037&mode=retail If you did not know, Kato is otherwise known as Steam Girl and her site is here http://www.steamgirl.com/ I think it is outstanding and very clever that they made a posable action figure of a real life model and she advertises that her clothes are removable too. Great job guys and I will be placing an order as soon as it is available.

danaw11
3/8/13

I bought another present for my little brother on bigbadtoystore.com and it also came but there was a problem with it (it wasn't the right toy) and customer service was a little slow to move. But overall okay.

jases1
8/3/12

I've been using BBTS for many, many years and they have been consistently terrific throughout. Only recently did I utilize their "Pile of Loot" feature. I say recently... but I've been building my pile for a year and a half! The store policies say they ship POLs after 6 months, so either someone there likes me or I was being quiet enough not to be noticed. Either way... it was pretty nifty coming home one day to find a box the size of a small refrigerator siting on my doorstep, packed with all kinds of wonderful things that I had squirreled away over the last 18 months. And I should mention the packaging - these guys must have degrees from Tetris University, cause they assembled my shipment into a near-perfect block w/ plenty of packing materials all around it to make sure nothing shifted or got crushed.

In summery, I will definitely continue using BBTS as long as I keep collecting cool things. They know their stuff and it shows!

tims9
11/5/10

I bought several figurines from BBTS and didn't have any issues whatsoever, shipping was reasonable, well packaged and items came as described.

My only issue was with the website itself being a little difficult to understand if you are looking at new/loose/used etc toys.

Yes they do have WWE items available for sale. They have in stock and pre-order.

By Jason C.

The conditions are that it is new and you are lucky because it is not a damaged pack. Do you have anymore questions

By sam s.

Questions? Get answers from the BigBadToyStore staff and other customers.

5 Photos for BigBadToyStore