US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

davids668
1/19/17

I recently ordered two block camera batteries from FactoryOutletStore which the phone rep advised he could fill, notwithstanding my subsequently learning that the company did not have and would not have the ordered batteries in stock. So, not having the ordered batteries in stock, FactoryOutletStore then shipped different batteries which would not even fit the camera model. And, to make things even better, FactoryOutletStore charged my credit card for two "battery warranties" which never were discussed, explained or authorized. The kicker, though, was reading that a condition of my receiving refund for an improperly filled order, which could not be filled correctly, was that I would be subject to a 15% service charge on the order value, plus return postage costs. Charging for unauthorized warranties and tacking on 15% for improperly filled orders may be a good business model for FactoryOutletStore, but it is a lousy model for customers. I'm still waiting for a requested explanation for how FactoryOutletStore can justify charging customers for refunds necessitated solely by it's own negligent or willful order-taking/order-processing mistakes.

Tip for consumers: Definitely use another vendor.

peggyh30
1/16/17

Bought a GPS system as a Christmas present. Received it on time and set it up in my Jeep a couple of days after Christmas. It immediately blow my heater out. Took me several days to get the Jeep into the dealership and in the meantime I am driving around in the winter without heat. The dealership found that the heater circuit/blower were blown. Repair cost was over $400.00. Also, did I mention that my husband had to drive me around for 2 days - back/forth to work while my vehicle was being repaired. Returned the GPS as defective with shipping/insurance at a cost of $20. I wrote Factory Outlet a letter about the GPS short-circuiting my heater along with a copy of the automotive invoice showing that the heater circuit had to be replaced. Factory Outlet is still charging me a re-stocking fee - Guess thy put it back on the shelf to resell to another sucker . So I am out re-stocking fee, shipping/insurance cost, and automotive repairs of over $400.00 plus inconvenience that I did not have my Jeep for 2 days while it was being repaired and out a nice Christmas gift. **** all around.

williamw160
1/13/17

Ordering was quick and easy and no unexpected snags. This was my first time shopping here and I'll definitely use it again! And the free shipping is definitely a plus!

daley83
1/6/17

This Legend ear piece is AMAZING... I run equipment and can hear 100 times better than on my IPhone.. It has worked for about 1.5 years of DIRT DUST RAIN AND VIBRATION and has not failed at all...

margaretr57
1/6/17

I couldn't figure out the right part they were very kind and helped me. But then I ordered wrong part. Again, they were very kind in the return and replacement.
Their staff was knowledgeable and very polite. I will absolutely use again.

Tip for consumers: The hold time on phone can be long but just hold - it was worth it to me.

richardl157
1/3/17

They sent the wrong product The product was damaged Thanks to LOWRANCE I was able to get my unit working properly THEY ARE NOT CONNECTED IN ANY WAY TO LOWRANCE or NAVICO They are a third party dealer BEWARE they used my credit card info fraudulently STAY AWAY

clarences25
1/2/17

Easily located what I was searching for, easily checkout out. Quick Process! There are several advantages to the ease of placing online orders more sites should be this easy to navigate and checkout

pattya13
12/30/16

Bought a North America GPS from them, it came and was defective, they will not return my shipping charges, even though it was defective. Most customer service people are very hard to understand with a very strong accent. I returned the GPS and it has been over 25 days and still have not received a refund and they keep jerking me around on it and can't tell me why I haven't gotten a refund. I have never received worst customer service in my life. I wouldn't take anything from these people if they gave it to me free! Worst shopping experience of my life getting ready to contact the New York Attorney General to have them look at the situation.

johnm951
12/30/16

Very easy to order, and hopefully very fast shipping. Can't wait to get them and try them out, got them for work use. I would love to write a review after was able to use them in my work environment.

bobd120
12/30/16

I ordered water filters for my fridge and received them in great shape and on time. I am doing business with this business again.

shelleyp13
12/30/16

The site was very informative and gave great choices; my husband owns a pair of Muck boots and absolutely loves them and insisted that I order a pair for myself as we live in Northern Maine and have a lot of snow. He was using the snowblower for over two hours this morning after a heavy snowstorm and his feet were warm and dry.

lancen3
12/29/16

This is the third twin Aerobed I am purchasing.. The first had a hole which I could not find. This first one lasted a year and a half. The second one, which I brough in May, eight months ago, now has a slow leak. This second one had to be returned because there was a baffle problem. The Customer Service was very helpful in handling the return and replacement. This third bed I am purchasing, I hope will last at least a year.

deann340
12/29/16

Ordered a gps with North America and Canada and free life time map updates. Did not have either. Sending back for refund. Will see if they charge 15% percent for restocking. I have to pay return postage.

edm490
12/26/16

Was a very easy experience for this computer illiterate :-) only gruff is having to type a hundred characters for this review. I'm not much of a talker.

willm56
12/25/16

Thank you very much for the Excellent customer experience and service! Your representatives were very courteous. I cannot wait to get the product...

rayaa4
12/24/16

I purchased a refurbished GARMIN GPS. I had intermittent problems with it in the first month. I called and was told to try it for a bit longer (note: the return period ends at 30 days). I continued to have the problem intermittently. When I called to return it for service I was told I would have to pay shipping both ways because shipping is only paid in the first 30 day period. In addition, the item is under a one year warranty: they would send me a new product, but the warranty would end at the end of the original year (less than 2 months from now). Usually when you get a new product the warranty date resets. Additionally the customer service rep was very rude. I refuse to pay shipping and be sent another item that may or may not work and then have no recourse. I would not recommend doing business with this company.

tammyq2
12/23/16

I ordered my item Wednesday, still waiting for item to be shipped on Saturday. I found the item in a store $ 30.00 cheaper. I tried calling customer service to cancel order and phone number on order was disconnected, so now I called my credit card company and they have a different number to call. I called that number talked to customer service and he said he couldn't cancel the order because it was in the warehouse to be shipped on Monday, I had to wait and receive the item then ship it back, then they charge shipping + 15%. I will never order anything from this company again.

pamelak28
12/21/16

I placed an order on Monday because they claimed delivery will be 2-5 business days. I tracked the package today (Wed) and courier shows 10 days delivery time. Called customer service but all they can do is tell me to call back after I receive the package so they can issue return authorization. Gee, I wonder how smoothly that will go... Should've went with my gut feeling about this site and ordered somewhere else. Now I don't have a Christmas present for my husband.

daleb50
12/19/16

Ordering was easy, and informative. Thanks

dorothyh45
12/17/16

I ordered a battery for my phone over two weeks ago. It has not been delivered. I tried the online help & it could not find my order. Went to customer service - a very bored sounding man gave no explanation just told me in broken english that it would be delivered on the 16th. It wasn't.

dianel64
12/12/16

I placed an order and got confirmation , it never came, I called they say it was cancelled, try to place again they say its no longer in stock but tried to sell me a higher priced item. Sales, customer service and order desk all say something different. I'm taking my business elsewhere

glenp14
12/12/16

They sent me the wrong batteries. It was even confirmed by their operator that I ordered correctly and they still charged me stocking fees and I had to pay shipping. I don't believe the batteries they sent were legitimate Batteries either because even though they looked like Milwaukee batteries they didn't have the battery information sticker at the bottom of the battery that Milwaukee always has. I sent a notification to Milwaukee about this

eddyd17
12/5/16

Was very easy and self explanatory

carolw106
12/2/16

I have purchased items from Factory Outlet Store in the past. Items are excellent quality. The delivery is prompt and I appreciate the free shipping. Factory Outlet Store is an excellent resource to have in my contacts.
Carol Wesley

haroldc24
12/2/16

You asked for the recipient's email address and not the buyer's email address. So, at the end of the ordering, your recap showed the recipient's email address for both of our addresses. That means that THEY ( the recipients of the GIFT) received the confirmation AND the price paid for the GIFT!!!!! Just got a text from them saying we shouldn't have paid so much!!
Thanks a lot!!!!
Harold Cook
Buckley, WA

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FactoryOutletStore staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question