FactoryOutletStore reviews

Tel: 646-367-6141
customerservice@factoryoutletstore.com

charless195
6/7/17

They show pictures of factory batteries and send junk from China. They are horrible, don't ever buy from them.

charlesf73
5/30/17

I received the wrong merchandise and when I returned they not only charged me for their mistake but to this day have not returned my $170.00 over 2 pay periods on my card merchandise was returned next day with their paper work! Don't order from this company!!

brucep45
5/27/17

I travel full time and do a lot of purchasing online. I ordered a battery for my cell phone from them and of course my billing address is different from my shipping address. I placed the order by phone and the person who took the order never said this would be a problem. An hour after placing the order someone called to verify the address. I confirmed it. They said they would ship, but they didn't ship. They sent me an email to call them. I did. They said they couldn't ship to a different address than my billing address, and they couldn't expedite the order in time to get it to me before I left for my next job assignment. They canceled my order. Wasted my time. I gave up and ordered what is probably an inferior product from Amazon, but they gave me a guaranteed delivery date. I recommend not buying from this company.

steves362
5/26/17

I purchased a replacement battery for Bosch tool. They sent the wrong battery. When I called them to get the right one, they told me they wouldn't send another as they had already sent one and it was MY FAULT for ordering the wrong one! I told them that I ordered the right one but they didn't care. Cost me $20. To ship the old one back for a refund. Lousy company to deal with.

stevec208
5/24/17

They sold me a new Magellan DashCam and sent me a used one. They are rip off artists. Customer service is a joke, hold time 55 minutes, and barely speak English.

cornells7
5/23/17

I ordered a Braun 90S @ 129.95 on 5/19/17 (have their invoice confirmation). I received a Braun 92S (replacement part) advertised on their site on 5/23 @ $99.95. I called and asked for a credit of $30.00, and the customer service person said she could not do that. I asked for a supervisor, she said that one would call back---no call yet. (Note: the 92S can be purchased from a major seller at $20 less) I would not recommend using this firm..

stacyr58
5/20/17

Rip off. Ordered a battery for my older Makita drill since I can no longer get them from Home Depot. Battery used a couple of times and won't hold a charge. Obviously a lemon but won't take a return if over 30 days. There's a reason you only have a 30 day return policy, you sell crap. Find a more reputable seller.

UPDATE - After initially telling me they wouldn't do anything, they contacted me to see if I wanted a refund or a new battery shipped, so I upped from 1 star to 3 because of their initial response. Now to see if I really get my $ back!

eddieh34
5/18/17

We ordered phones and the delivery address input on the order was changed. Product delivered somewhere else. Been trying to get this corrected most of this week with notes that the delivery address is changed from the original order. Just received another email of a delivery with new tracking number - going to the wrong address again. Response to the email on the wrong address being put on delivery tag second time, they respond with please allow two days for shipper response from the wrongly delivered first order. Their Customer Service seems to have no clue what they are doing and don't understand why they change the delivery address from the order without contacting the customer. Don't recommend this store for anything. Very bad process and little to no customer service.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site. Highly recommend to stay away.

nicholase12
5/10/17

I tried ordering a bluetooth headset but was told the next day it was on backorder with a delivery date a few days later then 2 days after the new delivery date I called customer service and was told that the product was still on backorder and wouldn't be able to ship until 9 more days then that I should buy a new one for twice the money and then they would ship immediately after three calls to c.s.and no satisfaction I canceled my order and bought the same thing from another site for more money but will not use the bait and switch on you

deank22
5/6/17

Do Not Buy From This Site!!!! This business is a scam. You order an item at a super low price. They send you any random object. You have to pay to return it. You get the runaround with their rude, non english speaking, overseas customer service. Over a month later you finally get your money back, but they keep a portion of it a "restocking fee". This is how they make their money. Do not do business with them.

baronf1
5/4/17

Seeing all the bad reviews decided not to buy my Garmin 2589LMT from FactoryOutlet. All one star reviews with the same complaints.

johns1743
5/3/17

The worst customer service I have ever dealt with. I called to get information on a gps. Found out they were on the east coast. Told the guy I needed it sooner and he said he could quarentee five days shipping, and that it would say that on the order. I ordered it based on that promise and it did say that on the order. It was shipped with a,delivery date 9 days after the shipping date (9 business days). I called the Outlet Store and got a representative who apologized and said that date was wrong and that he would have his supervisor fix it and call me back. The supervisor called me back, not to fix it but to chastise me for not reading the fine print which said that the FOS had 1-3 days to get it to shipping. I pointed out that I was talking about the date it was,shipped, not the order date, and that they were using 9 business days for,shipping. She was obviously having a challenging day and was very nasty so I asked to speak to her supervisor. She said she did not have one, she was as high as there was at the company but she agreed to have another supervisor call me. No one ever called. I posted a review on another site about my experience and the FOS responded to my review saying they were really sorry and would have someone contact me. They did not contact me. This store is simply an example of how not to,do business.

ch24599
5/3/17

My first order was canceled because I used ny husbands credit card but my information. I fully understand the order was canceled for security reasons. However, the money went thru the bank 6 days after the cancellation so I call... then it was voided.

So, I place a second order on my card and my information. It was canceled. I have been given 3 different phone numbers on 3 different occasions to call to find out why my order was canceled. All phone numbers are wrong, all of them wrong. The numbers given were 646.367.6161, 646.367.6141 and 800.816.0180. I wrote them down. I may never know why it was cancelled because, quite frankly, I am tired of trying. Customer service is the worst I've ever dealt with ever!!! I'm not a person to complain but this is Nonsense!

victoru6
4/27/17

I bought a used (refurbished) POL-2200-12375-025-RE Polycom phone from this company. The phone came without its AC Adapter and after that it didn't work at all with the Ethernet connection. Company refused to provide the AC Adapter saying it had to be bought separately. Really? AC Adapter must be a integrated part of an electronic equipment. The seller did not specified that the adapter needed to be bought separately. First. Secondly, seller agreed on free shipping. Item arrived two days late after the assured delivery date. Company promised to send a return label withing 24 to 48. Twenty-four hours to email a return label? Really? After finally emailing the label, and the phone was sent back, seller was contacted to assure they had received the returned item and to request expedite shipment of the replacing phone. Customer representative assured he was going to do the best to make sure customer gets the phone back ASAP. After checking with the seller on the status of the shipment, customer was informed that the order was not expedited, that he was going to get the merchandise in 10 business days. Really? Bottom line, the customer care of this company is just horrible. Communicating with the personnel is really difficult. Besides linguistic problems, they're very impolite, when not rude. I would never buy again from this company.

leet49
4/22/17

Ordered 2 pairs of Muck gardening slippers on 3/29 with 5-7 day delivery. Contacted on 4/4/2017 to check on shipping status. Got a reply that the product was on national back order and they expected availability by mid-April. Thought I was dealing with Muck Boots direct, but later found out is was this outfit.

Checked again on 4/14 as on of the pairs was for a Birthday gift. Was again told that there was still a National back order and they may have the items by the end of April. The same afternoon I received a phone call from someone (heavy India accent?) claiming to be from the company with an offer of something to make up for late delivery. Sounded like some of the typical Scam calls...hung up.

Canceled the order with FactoryOutletStore and went directly to the Muck Boot site. Placed the order with them and received the shipment within 5 days.

SOOOO much for National back order. Deal direct with factory, not someone that doesn't have direct access to the product!

williamw172
3/31/17

I was trying to save a trip to Lowe's or Home Depot. Big mistake! Advertised as DeWalt products, battery and charger. Sent me some off brand junk and and the charger was not compatible with the batteries. Bummer.

bennettt9
3/30/17

This company is the wrost store ever to order from. Beware Beware. They false advertise and when you return your items they will not pay the return shipping for thier false advertising. Then the take of a 10% restock for the return of their false advertising. This is a very very shady company.

What I ordered was a Canon Batteries and that was pictured on the site. But what I got was cheap know off POS's that would not even work in my camera. When you call the customer service they hang up over and over and you will site on hold forever. This tells you even more about how shady this nasty company is. It toke me 3 days to finally get someone that could not answer why I didn't get what was pictured and the email you the return information to only find then they slap you with restocking fees for the false advertising. I would never ever ever use this POS Company FactoryOutletStore.

angelag28
3/30/17

Their web site said if I ordered that day, package would arrive within 5 days. Great. I need it for a trip I'm leaving on night of 6th day. But then a day later I get an email message from FedEx saying it won't arrive until 7 days. I call fed ex, is there a delay, weather? No, FedEx says that this shipping method is 5 - 7 days. So I call FactoryOutletStore, complaining that it's misinformation on their site. They don't say it's a mistake, they don't apologize, they say "It arrives within 5 days for most people," as if that makes it OK.
I explain I need this item for my trip. To ship it so it'd arrive in time, it would cost $25 add'l but the store only offers to pay $10 add'l.
Fortunately, the actual delivery was done by USPS and I held my mail so this late package stayed at the post office while I was away, rather than parked on my doorstep. Though of course I didn't have the item I wanted for my ship.
The store did pay for return shipping and did refund my money so it's 2 stars, not 1. (Though for some reason at first they just refunded partially, I called and complained, received no explanation why it was partially, but rest was refunded.)
STILL, WHY THEY ADVERTISE THE PACKAGE WILL ARRIVE IN 5 DAYS WHEN THE SHIPPER FEDEX SAYS 5 - 7, I HAVE NO IDEA. IF EVERYTHING WAS THIS MUCH OF A HASSLE, I'D NEVER SHOP ONLINE!

michellec201
3/29/17

When attempting to purchase an item online the screen would say "cannot be processed at this time" , giving the impression that the order did not go through. The next day I had discovered money coming out of my paypal account, even though I did not complete the order and when I called was told that there was nothing they could do and would only refund when I received the item and returned it. They did not take responsibility for their website and did not seem to care that it was illegal to steal. Do not even go near this website.

domer1
3/24/17

This is a Hindustani Business in NY. I am an SE Asian but if I were known this prior to
contact its customer,they are well known in SE Asia Countries for Slick.
I ordered as their website suggested for its battery compatible with an original Dell
Vostro 1400, Notebook PC. They did send its wrong on purpose just to gain 15%
restocking Charge and shipping cost. To return for an exchange was another $5.00 plus running around. So, it is better off to patronize the local electronic stores, like Frys, or Best Buy to have a special order and pay just a little more but you get the right one.

rodneys47
3/16/17

Purchased refurbished Garmin Forerunner 235. First issue was shipping said 2-4 days, but didnt arrive until 8-10 days later.
When i got the watch, it was useless! it was stuck on a test/service screen and everything i tried could not get it to reset. After messing with the watch for couple days, called FactoryOutletStore for tech support, but instead all I got was an email address...so i called FactoryOutletStore customer service instead. Customer service told me i should not purchase refurbished cause it was not reliable what WHAT?! you knowingly sell junk?
So i try to return, and at first they wanted ME to pay to return their junk / didnt want to send me a return label. Then they agreed to send a return label, but to this day I have not received one yet. In the end i paid to ship it back. Fortunately they processed the return well, so one gold star for them!

Tip for consumers: Recommend you do not purchase anything from FactoryOutletStore

gerrym31
3/14/17

Ordered new battery, received used and defective. The battery died suddenly on the day after I received. The seal on the end of the battery indicating it is "new" was missing. I charged it again and the battery discharged the phone call.

johnv138
3/9/17

Before purchasing Panasonic phone system, I was assured that I would have technical support. On day of installation we called for tech support and were connected from some douche bag who couldn't speak clearly a word of English. He thought he was cute by instead of Panasonic support he gave us an 800 for COSTCO. When I called back all I got was the run around. They just lost my business. One customer alone needed 37 locations to have phone systems installed. I'll never use them again

jerrys92
3/8/17

Ordered a Tom Tom GPS by phone. Immediately realized I ordered the wrong model without traffic so I called back and requested a model with lifetime maps and traffic. Customer service offered the 1515TM. When I told them i needed it in 3 days, they said it was back ordered but they could get me another one. They offered me a VIA 1435tm. I received a model 4030 instead which was scratched and evidence of use. Also, the USB cord was not the same fitting used for this GPS. We tried to set up the unit but could not use it.It just flashed thru menus and talked. I called customer service and they told me to return it and they would send me a shipping label. They did not send the shipping label. I returned the unit with a letter stating the unit was not what I ordered and to refund my purchase to my credit card. Factory Outlet Store sent me an email with a tracking number for another package. I contacted my bank and filed a dispute on the charge and requested the delivery service to return the package marked refused. The worst part is I thought I got to their site via a link from the TOM TOM Webpage. I should have used Amazon. No hassles. I called these people because I needed to know which GPS models will hold all the maps instead of regional maps.

Tip for consumers: My Bank told me that because the ran my card as a Debit, it will take 60 to 90 days to get my money back if I can get it back at all.

francesh50
3/1/17

Please don't use this company. Their customer service personal are not truthful and will just tell you anything to get the order. Then when you call back to get the order fixed its a run around. I am on my 4th call and still can't get the order done right. I order on line alot and have never had this much trouble. Will never use FactoryOutletStore again.

28 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FactoryOutletStore staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 4/17/15
on 7/17/15
on 7/8/15
on 7/27/15
Answer
This question is for the Staff/Management to answer:

I phoned in my order in personally to ensure I would have a certain travel bag, by a certain date, for an important trip that I had been planning for years. They never notified me that the bag would not arrive as promised, and by the time I found out that it was weeks on back order, I was out of options and out of time. I said I would agree to a substitution of a comparable bag - but that I still needed it by the same date. After spending hours on hold, they only had one bag in stock that is similar in function (not style), which cost $40 more. Customer Service said they could not even give me a discount on the replacement bag (which I really didn't want, or like!) AND THEN they insisted I would have to pay the expensive rush shipping if I wanted the bag on time. Had they shipped it as promised, there would be no need for rush shipping! Bad experience so far all the way around. I still have a few days before my trip, so I am asking for decency and understanding - not what I asked for or what was promised to me, but at least do the decent thing and make it right.

My question is this: Why is your customer service not empowered to do what is necessary to keep a customer satisfied? If the company fell short on two promises (the bag that was promised, and by the promised arrival date), then how do you feel it is reasonable for the customer to pay extra for something they did not originally order, and then pay extra for rush shipping?

The company needs to take responsibility for not delivering on their promises, period. This is unacceptable to leave the customer without options, not even notify them
on 9/2/16
on 6/3/15
on 4/20/17
on 3/28/17
on 3/28/17
on 2/13/17
Answer
Questions? Get answers from the FactoryOutletStore staff and other customers.

6 Photos for FactoryOutletStore