US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

wanettab

If this is customer service then I pray nothing happens to my purchase because I'll just be hung up on repeatedly. (in 66 reviews)

larryc34

They said that they would charge me a restocking fee. (in 35 reviews)

rickm72

Unfortunately I read posts after I placed the order for three genuine GE water filters as shown on the order page. (in 198 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

paulh213
7/24/16

I purchased a $200 GPS device thinking I had a 30 day money back satisfactory guarantee. Didn't like the product decided to return it, only to find out there was a 15% restocking fee, and I had to pay shipping. It cost me $45 to have this flawed product. The GPS on my phone is better. Don't purchase anything from this site. It cost me $45 for nothing.

wmg8
7/23/16

I hope people do what I failed to do before placing an order with these people. That is look for reviews. After I place an order I was called and emailed by them wanting a Photo / Scanned copy of my credit card. No way would I give anyone a copy of my credit card and I told then so in a reply to their email asking for the copy. I received nothing back from them so called stating I was cancelling the order. Of course, the inquisition began with, we dont understand all were asking for is a copy of your credit card. This continued until I informed them that our conversation was being recorded; which, changed the conversation to one of, yes sir your order is being cancelled and a conformation email is being sent.

ninas31
7/17/16

the battery I bought from this company will not stay on when I take the cord off when it says it's 100% charged. If I put it on by itself with no plug in cord the laptop will not go on and my icon says "no battery" Has any one had this problem? I should of went to for the original Toshiba battery instead of a piece of crap like this. This place has to know that they are selling batteries that won't work, I mean it's their business they have to know but if they don't that's really incompetent business practice. I read they will want a restocking fee? for their incompetency? Really? How do I sent this $#*! back?

jamesk157
7/15/16

Fast and reliable service with great follow up.

albertv4
7/10/16

I ordered a navigation chip for my GPS . And they talked me into getting a screen protector for my GPS . They told me I was going to get it next day . I had a wait longer than I expected . And they sent me the wrong chip. Then I opened up the screen protector and it wasn't even for my GPS . The only good thing is that they refund my money for my chip. I just realized the screen protector was wrong I'm not even going to waste my time calling them

rhondah31
7/9/16

We have purchased batteries three times from this company and have received quick accurate service. We have been very happy with all three of our purchases and highly recommend them !

donaldc51
7/2/16

I looked for a Minn Kota trolling motor. They sell at the same retail price as others without as good a warranty

maryw199
7/1/16

The purchase was easy but I don't like the free "$25 Visa Card" trap at the end.

jeffd73
6/28/16

I purchased a Garmin 910XT from the Factory Outlet Store in September 2014. When I purchased it, they offered an extended warranty from a company called CPS ( avoid them too!). My 910XT allowed water to leak between the screen and the LED display. I called CPS and was told that the warranty on my 910XT was not covered for water damage. The 910XT is a triathlon watch and is exposed to water every time that is used. I called the Factory Outlet store regarding this and the issue I was having with CPS and was told that they could not speak with CPS and that they could not help me. I tried to explain that they were selling an insurance policy on their website that was bogus and they told me that they could do nothing form me. I called Garmin directly and found out that they had a relationship with this company in the past but that they ended that relationship when the Factory Outlet Store started outsourcing their Garmin repairs with a third party. Garmin accepted my watch and replaced it for a $99 charge. This was not perfect but they were easy to work with. I would avoid the Factory Outlet Store and any extended warranty offered by CPS at all costs.

karlk17
6/25/16

I have a vtech phone set CS 6329-4 and wanted to add a handset. I called and spoke to the rep about this. He assured me that I COULD ADD A HANDSET TO MY CS 6329-4 Base. So I ordered what he specified ( this was May 29,2016) and received a CS6409.presuming this would be compatible with my CS 6329-4 as assured it would by salesperson. Unfortunately because of illness I was not able to install it until yesterday June 23 and was shocked to find it was not at all compatible with my CS63294 Base. I realize there was a 30 day guarantee, but under the circumstances I thought I was dealing with a compassionate and honest company, BUT NO the person told me they would not consider a return even if I was misled and sold the wrong product...tough luck ,Pal but the the 30 day guarantee is up and you are stuck! Even when you are sold the wrong product?

donaldd45
6/18/16

Waiting to see how soon I get the product

charlies55
6/17/16

Found what I wanted - Price competitive - Will see how well it works

rebekahl3
6/17/16

Expect to have to jump through many, many hoops before they will allow you to use your credit card.

jerryk14
6/13/16

I placed the order at midnight. By the following morning I had still not received a email confirmation about the order. I called 6 times over the course of the day to try and find out if the luggage had been shipped and what the ups tracking number was. It took 2 phone calls to get email confirmation of the order. No one would confirm whether it was shipped or when it would be, and the only thing they would tell me was that the ups tracking number will be sent to me in 1-2 days. The person I placed the order from told me it would arrive in 2 days so am I to get the tracking number after it had arrived?
Every time I called their phone number, the line was answered by someone with a Indian accent, most of whom I could not understand very well. I was told they were all in New York but the difficulty with which they spoke English made me wonder. The people answering the phone refused to transfer to another operator (so I could understand what they were saying) and refused to transfer to a supervisor or manager because they were not present until pressed.
I told them to cancel my order, which they said they wouldn't do, and I ordered the luggage from Amazon. They can deal with my credit card company about the cancelled order.
None of my experience has engendered trust in this company.

shirleyw55
6/4/16

Finding exactly the accessory I needed for my Garmin was exceptionally easy and checkout was very fast. And I love the free shipping! I would order from this company again and will recommend it to my friends.

brendai12
6/3/16

this was so simple, i love it. quick and easy, just the way I like it.

robertm353
5/27/16

Found what I needed

dormala
5/21/16

Good except for the difficult time I had getting the order through,( kept getting a message that Factory outlet is not responding!)

randyw37
5/20/16

The easy three step order process took less about 2 minutes and for less than $5 you get a 2 yr warranty! Try getting that from T-Mobile, you'll pay twice that.

haroldw15
5/20/16

I hoped to replace my aging Nuvi1490 LMT GPS with a Nuvi2797LMT but the 7" would not fit my dash nor the windshield (too constricting). So I ordered a 3590LMT and specified a "new" one and not a refurbished. But Murphy's Law came true upon receipt of a refurbished model. So I am returning it for a new (hopefully) lesser model.

charlesm156
5/20/16

I went to check on my order with my order number. And I do not have a order number so I cannot check on my order. I went to print my receipt and my order page disappeared.

tonyp58
5/20/16

free shipping when you buy product. charge you shipping cost when you return product even though you pay shipping to return!! do not do buisness with this company !!

denniss115
5/20/16

Ordered a charger for my Garmin 255WT. Should have been skeptical when it was marked V3Blackbery8100. This is NOT a charger for a Garmin product. When plugged in, you get a Green Line and picture of a computer on the charger. Same as I get when I am updating maps. I unfortunately did not try it within the 30 day guarantee period. Bought it because it was supposedly on sale from 24.95 to 15.95, with free shipping. Listed as limited time only!! HA HA it's still on sale for the same price. Don't waste your time with this company to save money. You are just throwing it away!!!

donj36
5/17/16

Very dishonest company. I ordered a refurbished GPS from their website that CLEARLY indicated that it came with 3D traffic updates. In order to receive the updates, you must have a specific power cord with a built in receiver. The photo on the website SPECIFICALLY shows the correct cord included.

When the unit arrived, no 3D cord. On the first call to their customer service number in India, I was told "the refurbished unit does not come with traffic updates. For $100 more he would send me the same model with the proper cord". After I directed the agent to their website, he told me "it is an error and I'll turn it into the IT department". He told me he would send me a return authorization for a full refund. Of course, once I received the authorization, it said I will be charged a 15% restocking fee.

I then made two calls to the sales number and was told BOTH times that the exact unit I purchased at the same price DOES include traffic updates. When I gave the second "salesman" my order number number and asked him to send me the correct power cable, he hung up.

FINALLY, I got someone on the phone in customer service that agreed to send me another unit with the proper cord after I returned the one they sent me. The problem is, I just don't trust them, particularly after reading all the other terrible reviews.

I think a more prudent action will be to file a complaint with the NY State Attorney General's Consumer Fraud Division.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from them.

robertr198
5/13/16

I purchased an HP battery for $26.90 on 4/16/2016. The battery showed in stock. I have called them twice and am told each time that the battery is on backorder. Each time it showed in stock on their website. Each time I was told it would be 7 to 10 days before it would be in stock. THE BATTERY NOW SHOWS A PRICE OF $43. I think it's a scam

17 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FactoryOutletStore staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question