US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

jeffp62
8/26/16

I found what I was looking for at a competitive price, got a great deal on multiple pack of the same item. Very easy to maneuver the web page, no problems at all. Great job and will be back for any future orders

paulinec22
8/26/16

I called to find out the dimensions and were giving strange dimensions and when I questioned them was put on hold for the processing team. After listening to music on hold, line went quiet and then a dial tone. Thought I might get better price on phone as per recording buagain.much trouble. Ordered bag that had dimensions but really liked other bag. Please put dimensions online for all bags. And please put all discounts online also. Thanks. This is my 5th Travelon bag. I usually by them through TV store but they didn't have any I liked. Thanks again.

williamb223
8/18/16

I ordered a replacement battery for my Dell computer. The delivery was slow because they had to back order. When it finally arrived, it didn't work AT ALL, even though I followed the charging instructions exactly.

davew105
8/14/16

I went to the AT&T site looking for a power adapter for my phone. They directed me to FOS. Did not see the adapter, so I called.
Told the clerk my phone make and model. Paid $21.95 for the adapter.
When it came, it was a Panasonic adapter, and completely wrong for my phone. I called FOS, and was told that they did not have the adapter for my phone, but would email me a Return Authorization.
Email never came, so I went to their site for an RA. Sent back the adapter, paying $6.10 for postage.
They withheld $6.29 of the refund, apparently for shipping.
So I'm out $12.35, because the first clerk did not handle the order properly.

arthurm66
8/13/16

Easy shopping and check out. It was a good experience.

richardw184
8/12/16

Got what I needed, made my selection. and the exit routine was simple.

fredah1
8/12/16

Awesome check out and happy don't have to wait 10 days to get product

mikeb289
8/10/16

Purchased a phone package that was listed as brand new, received a refurbished product. When called to inquire about the product, representative and manager where very disrespectful and argumentative and wanted me to pay for shipping to return the product before they can issue refund.
Horrible customer service will not purchase from them or recommend them to anyone.

charlesm175
8/6/16

The site works fast, it was easy with all information provided.

annmariea3

EASY, CLEAR, FAST

kenr20
8/6/16

I've been purchasing from Garmin for 15 years. Always a good experience.

bs102
8/4/16

When talking to sales person assured it had the features I required. When I received the product and really read the specs, it did not have the feature that I required and was assured the item had the feature. Called and message said to go to web page for return number and directions. When the on website factoryoutletstore.com and there was no way to get any number. Lesson learned, call and ask for returns and left onhold for... NEVER NEVER BUY FROM FACTORY OUTLET STORE!!

paull154
8/3/16

Like others, I willing to pay ($65) to expedidite .04 lb depth finder card for fishing trip. The way they used Hummingbird on their website I thought I was dealing with authorized distributor. Hummingbird never heard of them. Item showed "in stock"when purchased with one business day delivery. On second day assured would be there that day. On third day got apology and promise to reimburse for expedite. Later on third day got another message denying all and now saying item was backordered. They said they sent an email. They have not produced and I have tripled checked. Still shows on site as available. If ever told expedited delivery was not possible, would have never made purchase. Others had it cheaper but not in stock at the time. They have offered to pay 10 of the 65 they didn't deliver on.

stevez13
8/2/16

I found a great price on a refurbished Garmin GPS (zumo 590) and purchased it without realizing that factoryoutletstore wasn't affiliated with Garmin (I mistakenly thought that I was on Garmin's site). Needless to say, after realizing my mistake and reading the reviews here, I contacted them to cancel my order. I then mentally prepared for the worst. Within minutes of sending my cancellation, I was notified that my order had shipped. Shipping was fast (UPS SurePost)... ordered on Monday, arrived on Friday. As I said earlier, I had made up my mind from these reviews that *something* would be wrong with this order. I opened the box, and to my astonishment, the order was perfect. The GPS was packed in a genuine Garmin "refurbished equipment" box, and everything inside was like new. I immediately connected the GPS to my computer and fired up Garmin Express. I registered the device and then it updated the firmware and maps. I am extremely happy with my purchase (I saved over $250 buying refurbished which also came with the 1 year factory warranty). Shipping was fast (and free), no sales tax, and got exactly what I wanted. Very relieved and very happy.

shom8
8/1/16

Made a purchase and three minutes later called to cancel it because of high shipping charges. Webpage touted free shipping but tacked on $47 dollars ship charges on bill. No where on the order page could I find the shipping policy or link stating Hawaii was excluded. Rep stated she would cancel it and I would receive an email the next day. Next day email said order was placed and not canceled. Customer rep now said it was too late to cancel but I could return the $23 water filter but would be charged $47 plus 15% restocking and also that there was no record of my call canceling the order. Filed a complaint with the FTC.

Tip for consumers: If you google an item it takes you directly to the order page. Go first to the Home page and read the terms and policy for exceptions and returns.

laurieb43
7/29/16

found what i was looking for and checked out within minutes - very easy!

paulh213
7/24/16

I purchased a $200 GPS device thinking I had a 30 day money back satisfactory guarantee. Didn't like the product decided to return it, only to find out there was a 15% restocking fee, and I had to pay shipping. It cost me $45 to have this flawed product. The GPS on my phone is better. Don't purchase anything from this site. It cost me $45 for nothing.

wmg8
7/23/16

I hope people do what I failed to do before placing an order with these people. That is look for reviews. After I place an order I was called and emailed by them wanting a Photo / Scanned copy of my credit card. No way would I give anyone a copy of my credit card and I told then so in a reply to their email asking for the copy. I received nothing back from them so called stating I was cancelling the order. Of course, the inquisition began with, we dont understand all were asking for is a copy of your credit card. This continued until I informed them that our conversation was being recorded; which, changed the conversation to one of, yes sir your order is being cancelled and a conformation email is being sent.

ninas31
7/17/16

the battery I bought from this company will not stay on when I take the cord off when it says it's 100% charged. If I put it on by itself with no plug in cord the laptop will not go on and my icon says "no battery" Has any one had this problem? I should of went to for the original Toshiba battery instead of a piece of crap like this. This place has to know that they are selling batteries that won't work, I mean it's their business they have to know but if they don't that's really incompetent business practice. I read they will want a restocking fee? for their incompetency? Really? How do I sent this $#*! back?

jamesk157
7/15/16

Fast and reliable service with great follow up.

albertv4
7/10/16

I ordered a navigation chip for my GPS . And they talked me into getting a screen protector for my GPS . They told me I was going to get it next day . I had a wait longer than I expected . And they sent me the wrong chip. Then I opened up the screen protector and it wasn't even for my GPS . The only good thing is that they refund my money for my chip. I just realized the screen protector was wrong I'm not even going to waste my time calling them

rhondah31
7/9/16

We have purchased batteries three times from this company and have received quick accurate service. We have been very happy with all three of our purchases and highly recommend them !

donaldc51
7/2/16

I looked for a Minn Kota trolling motor. They sell at the same retail price as others without as good a warranty

maryw199
7/1/16

The purchase was easy but I don't like the free "$25 Visa Card" trap at the end.

jeffd73
6/28/16

I purchased a Garmin 910XT from the Factory Outlet Store in September 2014. When I purchased it, they offered an extended warranty from a company called CPS ( avoid them too!). My 910XT allowed water to leak between the screen and the LED display. I called CPS and was told that the warranty on my 910XT was not covered for water damage. The 910XT is a triathlon watch and is exposed to water every time that is used. I called the Factory Outlet store regarding this and the issue I was having with CPS and was told that they could not speak with CPS and that they could not help me. I tried to explain that they were selling an insurance policy on their website that was bogus and they told me that they could do nothing form me. I called Garmin directly and found out that they had a relationship with this company in the past but that they ended that relationship when the Factory Outlet Store started outsourcing their Garmin repairs with a third party. Garmin accepted my watch and replaced it for a $99 charge. This was not perfect but they were easy to work with. I would avoid the Factory Outlet Store and any extended warranty offered by CPS at all costs.

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FactoryOutletStore staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question