Review of EconomyBookings

support@bookinggroup.com

jonasn5
6/27/17

Hi

EconomyBookings.com sell something called 'Full Coverage', but when you get to the place where you rent the car it's clear that it's a scam and that only the owner of the car can actually insure the car.

When trying to get a refund for this they just point to their T&Cs without showing any understanding of the situation.

Will not use again!

A side note is that we called the customer service and wanted to launch an official complaint and even though we called a UK number it turns out that they are in Latvia and they don't adhere to UK law at all PLUS they don't have a complaints department.

grigorb
6/26/17

Please don't use this company to book anything. It's fake. They are not responding to any support or claiming. I rented a car once and couldn't get car, lost 4-5 hours and lost my money. It's more than 40 days passed and still there is no any response from them.

ilyag1
6/25/17

I have reserved a car through economy bookings with Green Rent a Car in Miami, FL on June 3 2017. Upon arriving to the rental with my wife and 2 kids we had to wait 30 minutes to be attended by 1 person working at the counter. At first he will not accept my credit card insurance for collision waver, than after making a call said that it was ok, then when I said I do not want Suplemental Liability Insurance he said that he would not be able to give me the car without paying it. I know that is not a requirement for rentals. Then he suggested that I pay extra 3 dollars per day to reduce collision deductible from 5000 to 1000 that I agreed. Aside from that I purchased toll service for 9 days or rental. My rental was 144 us via Economy bookings plus 27.00us to reduce deductible plus 99.00 suplemental libability that I was blackmailed to pay. When the total came to 437.72us, I asked why and the vendor said it was taxes, retainer for any parking tickets and gas if I did not return the tank full. I asked for the bill, besides the visa slip that I was given to sign at the counter, which I was told I would receive upon inspecting and receiving the keys for the car in the garage. I returned the car with a full tank with no tickets or scratches, and to date I am still waiting for 130us that was charged and never refunded on my card. I have written to economybookings.com and to green rent a car with no response to date. DO NOT RECOMMEND IT BECAUSE NEITHER THE COMPANY OR ITS SUBCONTRACTING RENTAL AGENCIES ARE TRANSPARENT OR CLEAR ABOUT THEIR RENTAL POLICIES OR CHARGES.

alicet32
6/21/17

In mid April I booked with economy for car rental with Hertz in Sacramento. I paid thru PayPal. When I went to pick up car they couldn't accept it because it was in euros(?). Anyway I have been asking for my money back and can't seem to get a good answer. They keep saying they've forwarded on with an affiliate or the like. I had to rent a car for two days only because they had all my money tied up. I would really like to be reembursed.

estefaniam1
6/20/17

This is very suspicious based on the price that is very low and now reading all the reviews that people left.. I won't rent a car with ECONOMY BOOKINGS !!
Sorry for those who were mistreated. Your reviews made me take a good decision. Once again I won't rent a car with them. Make sure you guys read TERMS and CONDITIONS before renting with them !!

josephinem19
6/19/17

I just got off the phone with Martin (ext 207), who had TERRIBLE customer service. I called to cancel my reservation due to circumstances beyond my control. Without asking for an explanation or apologizing, he simply told me that the car rental is non-refundable and then proceeded to get a bit snarky with me. There are a couple of issues here.

I have NEVER booked a car rental that was non-refundable. He said I clicked on a button stating such, and I'm sorry that I overlooked this, but apparently I did.
I have NEVER been on a call with a customer service representative with such terrible customer service. The company should be embarrassed.

jonathanc95
6/19/17

Not sure how they can get away with such appalling Service.

If you list a car as being available I expect you to deliver it as ordered. There were other alternative services and cars available at the time of the booking so i could have booked elsewhere.
Instead you have now cancelled my booking and ruined two days of my honeymoon and the best I get from you on the phone is "sorry there's nothing we can do". Really??!!
How about not listing cars you don't have? That might work better.
Run a mile if you want good service.

davidb705
6/18/17

I booked with EconomyBooking.com because they had the lowest rates, BIGG mistake. This was the hook.The full contract and important information is not revealed until you finalize the transaction. They do not tell you that you can't use a Debit card for the car rental deposit until after the transaction. The debit card can be used for the payment to them, this is non refundable, but you must have a major credit card for deposit twice as much as the rental.It states that the rental purchase is not refundable and takes the debit card payment leaving you to believe that you can continue the rental with that card, not true, the car company needs a major credit car to continue, this you find out at the end after you pay for car. If you don't have a major credit card you will lose your rental fee to them in my case about $250.00 hard earned American Dollars. I called the most RUDEST, most ARROGANT CONDESCENDING bunch of UNPROFESSINAL CUSStomer SERVICE REPS and was hung up on by two of these service reps that barely spoke English and didn't allow you to get a word in. They kept repeating the same crap over and over and over again. I called again and supposedly spoke to a supervisor who's foreign accent was worst than the first, He hung up on me also and the recording at the beginning of all these calls said THESE CALLS MAY BE MONITORED,like hell.If they were these non professional customer service reps would be FIRED!!! I will never do business with this company again and I advise everyone else not to. If any positive reviews were posted they are reviews they ask you about the web site at the beginning, like how easy to book, access etc. not the overall experience. Don't use these people and this site. You've been warned I wish I would have. I don't trust them with my Debit card information I' ll be watching it.

gabrieln19
6/14/17

No stars go with this company. I booked with EconomyBookings since their rate appeared lower than others for a one-way rental. Once the confirmation came through, it was stated that the amount paid on my card only constituted a down payment and an amount more than double was to be due at the pickup counter. I attempted to email them without a response. I tried to call them and was told they couldn't help me and to email them. This company is a SCAM - YOU'LL BE SORRY IF YOU BOOK WITH THEM.

nylaw2
6/9/17

California resident book for Orlando, FL......Had NO idea they are located in UK! Booked insurance Full Coverage insurance (USA language rental car insured) o' no, had to buy insurance from rental company . ..Received 30 min your call is importznt message. Could not reach by phone sent email 3 times and after long wait would Not refund money.. said he meant something else. Also paid for money exchange what a scam

Tip for consumers: Did this review go through

jessm71
6/5/17

I would not recommend them. I canceled my reservation immediately because they had hidden fees that weren't shown before hitting submit. $187 worth of fees is not a small amount to just appear onto your booking confirmation. I contacted them and they wouldn't even let me finish speaking. They interrupted me and wouldn't answer the questions I had. It cost me $20 to cancel my reservation and it's worth that to not have to deal with their rude customer service.

roelv
6/4/17

They advertised on the internet with FREE UNLIMITED MILEAGE in big, bold letters.
In small letters they wrote: see Terms & Conditions.
There they limited the mileage to 1.000 km with additonal cost per km.
This costs me 765 !

earls40
6/2/17

This company is a thief and a fraud.
They will take your money fora "so called" car rental then there is no car.
Biggest thief and nasty company that I have ever seen

brendas138
5/31/17

This company gets no stars. They are lousy and disrespectful to deal with. I will never use their site again.

I was unable to fulfill a rental due to the sudden illness and hospitalization of my husband as I arrived at my destination to get my car to visit family. I spent hours that night in the airport waiting to get a flight home.

NOW ECONOMY BOOKINGS SAYS NO REFUNDS FOR ANY REASON. Really???? I wasn't at fault here. You think I should have just rented the car and forgot about my husband in the hospital??? I call these circustances extenuating and sudden. Had you treated me and my family with respect, you would have again seen that I was willing to try another time to rent from you as I travel home frequently. THAT WILL NEVER HAPPEN NOW, AS YOU SEEM TO NOT CARE ABOUT SUDDEN CATASTROPHIC EVENTS. I guess if I had died in a plane crash that night, you would have had a cool $125 freebie also.

I WILL NEVER RENT FROM YOU AGAIN. FAMILY EMERGENCY CONSTITUTES A REASONABLE EVENT FOR A REFUND.

kathyw106
5/31/17

Especially do not purchase additional insurance from them as the eventual car rental place will not receive any record of it. Also the website does not indicate that this outfit is located in EASTERN EUROPE and they will charge you additional international service fee for your payment.

veras17
5/30/17

First it is a UK company and they do not have 24/24 customer service by phone. The prepaid price is in fact their commission and the software used for online booking has a bad way to stolen your money. At the front desk in FLL airport the price paid for the rental car was25% above the market price.
Never use this company again and I will suggest to everyone to stay away from EconomyBooking.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from EconomyBooking.

judyl58
5/27/17

I used this third party agency to book a rental car for two months in the future. Almost immediately afterwards, I realized I had scheduled pick-up for one day before I would be arriving in town. I immediately called the US phone # listed for EconomyBookings to try to remedy the situation. I was offered a change, but the price for the entire booking was double (from $327 to $700+)! When I expressed my disbelief, the woman replied, in a very thick foreign accent, that she could not control the rates as they change from moment to moment. I reminded her it would be cheaper ($20 fee) to cancel the entire booking. She agreed. She offered to find me "a better deal." She found another vehicle for $400+. I said "no thanks." She then offered to cancel the reservation for me. I told her not to do anything with it.
I hung up the phone, utterly frustrated and disgusted, and immediately called Hertz. The gentleman I spoke with was very accommodating and able to change my reservation without any trouble, and the price was actually cheaper.
Lesson learned: beware of foreign third-party companies.

danm182
5/26/17

My flight was delayed and I did not get my rental car (They cancelled my booking). But EconomyBookings charged the booking fee ($21) and did not want to refund it.

orlandox
5/24/17

I was quoted a price of $451.89 for a RAV4 toyota to which I agreed and paid(non refundable)but when I got my booking it stated that a surcharge of $130.00 will still have to be paid to Dollar rental car co. at time of pickup because car is being dropped off at different airport aprox. 100 miles away.When I arrived for pickup of car the counter was closed,was told by Dollar to take a taxi to nearby airport in Tampa at my cost which I refused(was almost midnight with wife and children and dog and still a two hour drive to hotel in Orlando.Economybookings refuses to refund my money and Capital ONe has yet to get me a refund!

josephb170
5/21/17

Where do I start...First called to arrange pickup from airport at 10:00am, finally left with car at about 12:45pm- nearly a 3 hour process! The car...a 2014 Toyota with over 83,000 miles, no remote, no cruise control, well worn. Was quoted $148.00, wound up paying $275 because of excessive fees and they charge you a $10 per day fee if you choose to use your own insurance! Freaking robbery! Still waiting for the $100 deposit to be refunded on my credit card. Office was up two flights of stairs in a leased out portion of a Clarion Hotel- no markings, no choice of car, looked like several families were living there. Very strange and uncomfortable situation. Will never rent from Clubs Car Rental Orlando again and I doubt I will deal with EconomyBookings again.

nadarajaha
5/11/17

On 5th May 2017 I booked a car for rent at Kuala Lumpur Airport while on my way to London Heathrow Airport by Qatar Airways . The Final price quoted was MYR 326.20 out which EconomyBookings deducted from my credit card MYR206 .93 as Booking fee (HSBC Visa Credit Card Transaction No. D00160). Yet EconomyBookings did not send me a receipt acknowledgement for the booking nor did they send me the voucher to collect the car from designated car hire company . Worse still when I tried to contact them by phone it went into answering mode with no one to talk to. Finally in desperation I gave up hope and have to make a fresh booking through another car hire company. I need full redress to this situation and my booking fees refunded.

abdulilaha
5/10/17

Economy Booking has a bad way to stolen your money
I have reserved a car by Economy Booking, but at the airport, the front desk does not accept my credit due to it's prepaid. so I have booked with another company with the same card.
I have talked with Economy Booking to refund my money without benefit.

I summary, they have stolen my money.
Next step I will contact with MasterCard to stop the exploitation.

SO, my advice doesn't use Theft Company (Economy Booking) ever because they will steal your money and they don't respect you.

sarae20
5/9/17

The price was an attention getter. Sure got my attention. I love a great bargain. Who doesn't? Being somewhat skeptical, I looked for reviews on rentals in Orlando. Thank you, thank you for this review. I ended up booking with another company for 4 more dollars a day! Yes, just 4 more dollars for peace of mind with a US company traveling within the US with no time difference. I would be very leery renting out of my own country since I am not familiar with this company. Buyer beware. If its too good to be true.....

vanessaa32
5/4/17

I had a problem with no available cars. Booking Group did not change my reservation over so I had to make a 2nd booking to get a car. When I filed for a refund on 1st booking in writing and by phone they told me 5-30 days for answer. At 30 days after several phone calls they refused my refund. I called 3 times from 3 different phone numbers and hung up on all 3 times after being on hold 30 mins each time. They are scammers and LIARS.

yolandab22
4/26/17

I just want to thank each and everyone of you guys. I was going to use this company, thank god I'm the type of person who reads reviews. NOPE. I will not use them. I did however have to give them 1 to 5 stars. I'll pick 2.
Yolanda

Helpful answer

Economy Booking is based in Europe and is impossible to deal with. I would never use them again. I got my money back (the down payment taken off at the time of booking) by using better Business Bureau and going after the US rental company.

By karen h. on 8/21/15
Helpful answer

In my experience, they'll never respond and hope that you'll just go away and forget about it. They ended up costing me more money that if I had just gone with my usual car rental company. Sorry to say, but there are many reviews that basically say the same thing. These guys don't deserve to be in business.

By Gary G. on 4/24/15
Helpful answer

I can't answer the specific question. I only know that my dealings with them was as dishonest as it could be and with no way to get the refunded amount that was supposed to be given.

By Lee C. on 5/25/16
Helpful answer

Because you will pay them several weeks or months for a car rental voucher. Then you will fly and go to the rental agency counter and the rental agency will not honor your voucher. Then you will rent a car at the rental agency's higher rate (now you've paid twice) in desperation because you need a car and have to get going. Then you will try to contact and settle with Economy Bookings. They will be very slow to respond and you will be lucky to get a partial refund. When all is said and done, you will have paid about twice the price for a rental as what Economy Bookings says you will and you will have endured a lot of headache in the process.

By Tim J. on 1/19/16
Helpful answer

A complete shambolic company that cons people out of money!

By Melissa H. on 10/13/15
Helpful answer

Don't do business with them. You will be sorry. I prepaid for a rental car voucher and the rental agency didn't accept it. I had to pay a higher rate for a car as a result and after several emails, economybookings only paid me back for part of the prepaid voucher. They will not respond to any inquiries in regard to the partial refund. Essentially, they robbed me and I ended up paying way more for a car rental. Consider yourself warned!

By Tim J. on 10/12/15
Helpful answer

Yes, DO NOT USE their service! Just rent a vehicle directly from the company like Hertz, AVIS, etc

By coco c. on 6/15/15
Helpful answer

I do lots of research. I go directly to the car rental companies and then compare on other sites like Kayak or Hotwire. Sometimes it's cheaper either way. And the prices change all the time depending how early you reserve. I really got snookered though when I used Economy Bookings. Beware of this company. They are bad news.

By Lynn K. on 5/22/15
Helpful answer

Theft Company (Economy Booking) ever because they will steal your money and they don't respect the customer.

By ABDULILAH A. on 5/9/17

It is so bad company

By ABDULILAH A. on 5/3/17
Questions? Get answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other customers.

3 Photos for EconomyBookings