US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

stivp
1/23/17

This was an excellent experience renting a vehicle. My previous experience with another company left a bad taste in my mouth. This experience helped ease that pain.

wardr6
1/20/17

The Team from Advantage from start to finish was excellent. Everyone was polite and professional , they made us feel that they really appreciate our business. The car was a free upgrade of a new car with only a thousand miles on it.
Well done.

jamesb475
1/20/17

Brand new car and the rental price was great. Loved that the pick up and drop off of the car was right there at the airport.

yanna10
1/18/17

CHARGED the full amount and when I got to the rental agency was asked to pay triple the price.
Economybooking hang up on me multiple times still waiting for my refund. There are not reliable and it's impossible to talk with them.

johnb775
1/17/17

I decided to try Economy Booking based on quoted price. When I arrived at the counter, I was told I needed to purchase insurrance that would have cost more than the rental quote. I had travelled to Florida many times and rented with many providers, I had always been able to refuse the companies insurrance and use my third party coverage. This insurrance requirement was not quoted in advance. There were a lot of unhappy people in similar situations at the counter. I chose to return to the airport and rent from another provider which, on the day of, cost me 50% more than if I had booked them originally.

kimm233
1/11/17

Why is it so difficult to get a hold of anyone. I made an online booking and was specific about renting st airport and was booked off site. I want to cancel but can't get through. Been in hold for twenty minutes. Very bad service.

oliverr20
1/10/17

The contact with this rental company and especially the guys working for them was by far the worst experience that I have ever made in connection with renting cars...

If my time was not so precious I would really have to think if i should not sue the whole company for fraud and swindle!!!

But now the short form of the story:

I arrived the 5.12. in Marrakech and went to the HAG desk to see if my reservation that I made the day before was confirmed or not.
The guy behind the desk told me that the reservation has been confirmed half an hour ago.(later I saw on the computer that this was not true...)

Anyhow he told me that the car I wanted to have is not available and I have to take another one but it will cost more... something that is unusual as well. If something is normally confirmed and the car is not available its the problem of the agency... But you can usually not ask the client to pay more for renting a car... If something is confirmed it is confirmed...!!!???

Then he asked my credit card. I have a black VISA Infinity and he took a PREAUTHORISATION of 17000 MAD!! Then he told me that it didnt work...
The card is not OK... We stated to discuss as I know that my card is absolutely OK and I can pay with her everywhere!!!!
He insisted to have another one otherwise I could not get a car. I asked him to cancel the preauthorisation of my black card. he said it is not necessary as nothing has been taken...

I didnt trust the two guys the whole time and became more and more suspiciously!!! Not for nothing as I would know half an hour later...

I showed him my credit cards(I had 5 with me!) and he took another one...
With this one it worked he said and continued filling in the forms.
He wanted me to sign on papers where it was obvious for me the he tried to diddle and fleece me...

A few minutes later I got a message from my bank that 1702, 33 US Dollar were taken from my credit card from DOLLAR RENT CAR TANGER... I showed him the message and asked why this money was already debited???
He did not really know what to say and as both of them saw that I got more and more angry and suspiciously they became very rude and all over sudden, after I said that now I would contact my bank for the other preauthorisation the one guy came and said that everything is over now and I wont get a car... He started cancelling everything!!! I asked WHY but he didnt react just the other one was saying really bad and racist statements about european people, things that you really do not say about someone else... WELCOME TO MAROC!!
Then I asked to get the annulation of the second preauthorisation... and I got it 5 minutes later.
After asking the annulation of the first card, they said this is not possible as the card did not work...
I called my bank and got the confirmation that the amount was taken!!!!!
I said I am fed up of all this now and go to the police...

Then suddenly it was possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a hazard!! The annulation suddenly worked!!!
They did this as they saw that someone showed up a fraud!!

This $#*!ing $#*! took me one hour and a half of my vaccation and a bag of nerves!!!

By the way my wife and I rented a car at another agency and it took 10 minutes for everything!!!
I paid with the black card, the preauthorisation was taken with the black card as well!! without any problem... the one that reputedly did not work!!!!!!

Nevertheless the company debited 7,24 from my credit card and I asked them to restitute this amount within 10 days.
Nothing happenes

NEVER NEVER do any booking there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing is sure! This has been the first and last time to rent a car from EconomyBookings for me, my companies and everybody that is working for me!!!

For me your reputation would have been a warning. I was reading quite a lot of very bad opinions about your company in the internet... unfortunately it was after my experience with you... so too late!! Next time I will investigate more before...

This should NOT happen to you!!! ;)

richardh212
1/6/17

If we have to comeback anyday in New York we will go with the same rental office and expecting the same type of service

marcelr22
12/23/16

I tried to rent a car but my credit card stoped the payment. Actually I'm so greatfull for that after what I find here ,what kind of rental companie is that... Somethimes is better to pay couple bucks more and stay with the companie I used to.Becouse I was cheap I almost lose 1100$.

javip
12/19/16

Scammers, liars, they dont return money although you have not used its service

danielag9
12/19/16

The Ft Myers, Fl staff were all very nice, especially the driver that took us back to the airport. They moved so fast to get us back to the airport( without us asking).

mironm1
12/19/16

The car was filthy. I had to stop and buy Windex ro clean it. You couldnt even see through the windows safely.

franciskok
12/19/16

Professional and quick pickup and drop off. Very nice agents. I can recommend it to everyone.

claudial21
12/15/16

The service was good. The Advantage agent was very friendly and helpful. In fact, he upgraded my car at no additional cost. That came in really handy. We could use the rental car to haul 5 people. The next time I rent a car in Minneapolis I will definiately use your company and Advantage Rent A Car.

danielleo12
12/15/16

Very pleased with the car specification as it was better than ordered which has not been my experience with other companies. Staff were excellent !

edd927
12/14/16

Never use these guys. Worst experience I have ever had. No vehicle after booking after putting money down. Price went through the roof. customer service terrible, smoke & mirrors from a rude guy in Latvia who is was only stealing our money. They should be formally charged with theft.

kristav1
12/5/16

How do I cancel my rental? I can't get ahold of any one and the website won't let me cancel it? This is ridiculous

cierrab1
12/1/16

I will never book thru EconomyBooking again and have warned everyone I know including my employer! A month to refund an overcharge of more than $300 is absolutely ridiculous and less then unsatisfactory. EconomyBooking has been an absolute pain to work with and everyone I have spoken with has been careless and rude. Sounds like this type of thing happens often and the customer service agents could care less. Not to mention, it turns out going directly thru Alamo (or whoever) would have been less expensive and more convenient. I have over paid, been over charged, and received the worst customer service from EconomyBooking then any other rental agency I have ever dealt with. No customer should have to deal with this.

nickc87
11/18/16

Never, ever, ever, never rent a car thru this third world company located in Latvia. Got a total $#*!ing and will always go to Hertz, Enterprise or Avis to rent a car from now on. Lesson learned.

deanm86
11/9/16

Booked a prepaid car through this site. When I arrived at the counter I presented my voucher and was told that i owed an additional $42.00 even though i had been charged for the entire rental and had a voucher with $0.00 on it. My CC had been charged for the full rental amount. I called the emergency number and got a recording telling me to leave a message. I had to pay full counter rates to get a car. I have called and emailed the company with no response. Do not get suckered into using this company. Other discount companies are fair and honest. This was my first and last time with these ripoffs!

Tip for consumers: Do not get suckered in. Use a reputable site.

jons153
11/4/16

I paid for full coverage insurance through this company and they did not reflect it to Fox Car Rental and at SFO Fox overcharged me for insurance. I e-mailed economybookings.com but they never answered back. I had to pay 600$ for insurance. This company is a total rip off. I will never ever use them again and tell everyone to stay away from them!!!

sd203
10/21/16

I knew better than to rent from such a cheap place...but I still did it. I gave them my info, received my voucher, flew to Miami & took all the necessary items with me to the agency on the voucher- RentMax (when I saw that on the voucher I had concerns). I arrived at RentMax & they stated that they had not been paid by EconomyBookings & therefore could not accept my voucher. Even though the voucher states that I paid it & there was a reservation number for RentMax & proof on my credit card that I had paid it, they didn't care at all. They offered to rent me a car at an outrageous price with all kinds of fees- super frustrating. I didn't even have enough left open on my card at that point to get another rental. Of course all disputes have to go thru e-mail, can't get a hold of a real live person, so far I have received an auto-response telling me they are diligently looking into the matter & it could take 30 days. My advice- Spend the extra money & go with a reputable company!

georgeb172
10/20/16

It's dishonest to present yourself on price comparison websites as cheaper than the established firms and then to pile on the extras when the booking has been made and a deposit paid. No point saying that it is in the small print: it needs to be in big print and easy to find. That is honesty.

juanj28
10/18/16

Customer service refused to help me move my dates for my car rental and they did not want to give me a refund on my reservation. The agent was very rude and did not comply with me, he spoke to me as if I was stupid, they are not people you want to do any business with. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!

samuelh51
9/28/16

I BOOKED AND PAID FOR A 8 SEATER CAR. WHEN I ARRIVED AT THE AIRPORT THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE CAR PLUS WANTED AN EXTRA $2800 USD FOR A 7 SEATER. WHEN I SHOWED MY PAID VOUCHER THEY BASICALLY TOLD ME SORRY CANT HELP.
HAD TO CANCEL THE CC AS THE COMPANY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO REPLY TO MY EMAILS.

41 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question