Review of EconomyBookings

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

shannona28
3/24/17

cheap care rentals! its too good to be true!! I booked a car through Alamo, i got my car, but the took my deposit. Looks like Car rental companies dont work with them. My credit card company had a hard time refunding my money. THEY SUCK!! Im a yelper, i usually write great reviews.

annap86
3/23/17

The final page that indicate the final price does not reflect the price you owe the actual rental car. I called Budget rent a car and was told I owe way more than what the company quoted me. I called Economybooking and was told I should have read the final print since It says price does not reflect actual taxes and fees from the car rental company. This website is a scam!! I told them I want to cancel and that their cancel policy stated it would only take 2.6 % of the prepaid amount. The customer service personal said the prepaid amount is non refundable and that they have changed their cancellation policy. I quickly took a snap shot of the policy before they could change it. I called my credit card company to dispute the charge since I have the screen shot. I will also call the better business bureau to report the company. They also tried to up charge me by changing the pick up time so it ended up being one day more. This company is a scam! Please spare yourself the headache by booking else where.

maximel8
3/21/17

Location de 4x4 avec EconomyBookings pour 12 jours au Costa Rica en mars 2017: prix affiché au moment de la réservation de 360.
Au moment de récupérer la voiture sur place, assurance obligatoire à payer (en plus) de ... 440!!! Jamais mentionné sur le site avant de réserver (seuls des petits caractères sur le voucher une fois seulement la réservation effectuée - et l'acompte payé...).

L'assurance "full coverage" proposée par le site est encore plus une arnaque car elle doublonne avec l'assurance obligatoire. Vous payez donc 2 primes pour les mêmes garanties qui ne se cumulent, elles, pas.

EconomyBookings est une énorme arnaque !! A éviter.

judyp44
3/14/17

I needed to cancel my reservation for health reasons. It was non refundable, but they told me I could transfer my reservation to another trip. After four long frustrating conversations, the result was that they could not transfer the reservation to another pick up drop off location, so I ended up losing the money.
Do not use this company.

heatherd55
3/13/17

I have been trying for weeks to speak to someone or to get a response for a refund and I have yet to get a response back from anyone. I booked online a rental car 3 weeks in advance and when I arrived at the airport I was told by the rental company they could not rent to me I tried to contact economy booking and they have yet to respond to any of my emails or phone calls about refunding my money.

craigm104
3/12/17

I booked a rental car in Spain for £47.92.

When I arrived I was told that this rate required me to return the car with an EMPTY tank and that they would then charge me 40 to fill it and 121 for the fuel (A full tank cost me 55)!

The only way around it was to pay an additional 170 insurance. I chose the insurance option which required me to return the car with a FULL tank but they still charged me another 29.50 to refill an already full tank.

My 47.92 car cost me 221.42. A total ripoff.

johns1668
3/11/17

I canceled my rental car booking 7 weeks prior and after 4 phone calls and one email I have yet to receive my refund. They keep telling me a few more days. The first person I talked to never put the cancellation order through! They are based in Latvia so you also have to deal with a 6 hour time difference.
I would never recommend this travel site!!

dianeo14
3/11/17

we went online and reserved a car for our Florida vacation and when we arrived to pick up our car they had no conformation that we ever reserved a car...i guess economy did not forward our information to the car rental company...we had to waste 2 hours and 300 dollars more to get a car before we could start our vacation...will never use this site again and will let all friends know not to go on economy bookings

hamishs
2/27/17

So I book a car, pickup Auckland Airport 1900 on a Tuesday evening. Arrive: no direct phone, no shuttle bus, nothing. Phone - no answer. Phone again, no answer. Find a local bus going near to their 24/7 site - 3.5 km from the airport. Get there after a bit of a walk to find a sign on the gate "for ... after hours pickup please phone Park'n'fly 09-257 0992". Fortunately I can dial this number and eventually get through to someone who is surprised, but tells me it will take 15 to 20 minutes to pick me up. It is now half an hour and no-one has come.

I call Economy bookings number in London - automatic answer machine which keeps me on hold for 7 1/2 minutes until I give up.

I cannot see why the voucher could not have had the correct procedure for my pick up, un-Lucky Rentals could not have had a message on an answering machine telling customers what to do, Economybookings.com couldn't have a genuine help line rather than a fake one, and why these people at Park-and-Fly leave me for what turned out to be 38 minutes by the side of the road.

Fakes.

magnih
2/27/17

Great service. When I went to pick ups the car the assistant was very helpful and friendly. The car was very comfortable and perfect for a week long use

tsormpatzoudisp
2/27/17

I totally agree! BEWARE of this company!I have prepaid a booking for a car from New York for four days, I went in the morning to get the car with my MA ID and passport, driving license and 5 cards with a large amount on them and no card was accepted. With those cards I have booked many times within the US. Then, I called EconomyBookings to solve the issue and ask for a refund and they forwarded me three different emails. I copy-pasted my inquiry to all those emails 8 days ago and nobody replied. I called three times to request attention on my emails and they reassured me that they will reply soon. NOBODY replied to my emails or called me back. I used to study in the US and rented cars many many times. It is the first time I face such irresponsibility. The only reason I post this message is because I want people to know before they book from this company how it behaves to the customers. Unfortunately, as far as I have red I am not the only one. I am really disappointed and definately I will get this to an end cause requiring from people to prepay cars and then not refunding neither responding to emails is not something that online car rentals should look like.The booking reference is:B66954114

lalk1
2/24/17

I recently booked via economy booking a car for our trip to Venice and the rental company by the name locauto which is i believe a part of enterprise car hire meant to be providing me the car .Upon arrival at the desk I was told I have to pay extra 159 to what I paid via economy booking for some hidden charges to pay for some extra (Snow chain etc ) I explain to car rental agent that the temperature outside is 15C so I don't need a snow chain and there is no chance of snow expected for the rest of year but she said that is mandatory by Italian law .Well I said that's fine but then one by one I have to take out a list of things that I did not need or otherwise they won't let me have the car .I have to agree as I had plans and needed the car .i contacted the economy booking but they weren't really helpful .They wanted me to cancel if I am not happy or should have read my terms and conditions .So I ended up paying triple the amount of what they quoted me for .which shows what kind of respect they have for their customer .now I just checked my email from that company saying they only realise 800 from
My deposit which again is short 100 so have to find out when the call centre is open .It was a complete rip off and white colour theft . I will raise this on other platform as well but do not book with economy booking and do not use locauto specially the one in Venice Marco Polo airport .

hansw12
2/22/17

I tried to find a rental car for new zealand. After i booked the first car with economybookings i had to find out (by myself) that the rental company would not be open at the time of my rental begin (7p.m.), although economybookings offered the rental. After online cancelling and an additional call to economybookings i was allowed to cancel.

In my next attempt to find a car i was offered another rental car - again with the same problem. I was offered a rental car from 7p.m. but the car rental company was not open at 7p.m. and did not offer after hour service.

My conclusion: the car rental comparison offered by economybookings is not reliable and will in the end not hold up for its promise. I will not use it anymore and cannot recommend it.

pavanp3
2/16/17

First, they showed the lease amount of price for car without showing taxes. Once booked they reveled the taxes. Price + taxes was greater than what was showing in rental cars website. So, I want to cancel my booking and there is no way you can cancel your booking online. Stay away!!

feriela
2/8/17

I will keep you in mind for the next time I rent a vehicle. I was so impressed. I will let my family and friends know as well.

kenth21
2/8/17

Excellent price and excellent car rental company. This is the third time to rent a car from (the best)

robertz40
2/7/17

The car rental firm in San Diego-MEX RENT A CAR did not answer the phone the night we arrived. Thus, we had to get a taxi and rent a room and stay the night in San Diego which prevented us from getting to a very important event that evening. The next day when they did answer the phone and pick us up the rental agent-MARK-was rude, unprofessional and obnoxious. (HE LIED TO ME.) I spoke to two of the office employees who told me the person duty who was suppose to be on duty the night of our arrival went home early. At this point the rental agency has done nothing to reimburse me for my additional costs. I would be cautious of using MEX RENT A CAR in San Diego.

Tip for consumers: READ ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE AND DO NOT THROUGH RENT "MEX RENT A CAR'"

shontariam
2/2/17

On February 2, 2017 at around 12-12:30noon, I went to google search engine to request a list of "Car Rental companies" in San Diego, CA. A list with discounted pricing codes came up. I clicked the link and it gave me economy sized vehicle with Thrifty for $21.95. I clicked on the link it asked me to pick 4 discount companies such as (Priceline and so on) so I did. Next, I was asked if I wanted to purchase an additional INS plan, I did. Then it prompted me to enter my name, address, credit card info and so on to secure the reservation (made for February 3rd, 2017 at 12noon). I did. I was sent a confirmation code for both Economy Booking and Thrifty and prompted to click the link to print 2 vouchers. It states I would need to take the voucher with me to pick up my rental car. Once I clicked on the voucher, I noticed it says that Thrifty would only take credit cards, no cash, no debit cards. I then become concerned since I don't own credit cards. I looked for a number to contact customer support. The number listed was in Europe. The only other two numbers I learned (after calling, one being 800, they other being 619) were actually for "Thrifty Rental Car". The customer service representative stated that thrifty accepts credit cards only. I asked to cancel my reservation and she says I would have to do so with Economy Bookings, she didn't have access to a number for them. I called booking.com and the representative provided me with a contact number for "Economy Booking" I called and after a 22 minute wait someone with a strong European accent answered, upon asking he stated his name was Martin. He says I should have paid attention to the "Terms and Conditions" which mind you NEVER POPS UP in the process of booking the rentals. As a consumer you have to actually go search for them while booking. I tried explaining this him and he became very irrate and outright disrespectful. He says I need to respect him and shut up and listen because he is NOT in America and could very easily just charge me $73.00 dollars cancellation without explaining a thing and nothing could be done. For one it states on the Voucher that if I call within the first 24 hours to cancel only 2.5 percent of the initual hold fee $55.89 EUR would be charged. He continued to talk over me and try to charge me $73.00. Until I said very firmly in that case "I DO NOT WANT TO CANCEL" I will take a different avenue. I asked to speak to the manager or someone in charge. He stated, I am the one in charge and gave me his EXT 207. I ended the call. I then tried contacting Thrifty directly (San Diego Airport location) and I was unsuccessful. The customer service representative for Thrifty on the 1-800 line stated she doesn't have a direct number there. I called my bank to dispute the charge and was told its being held, after it posts then I could file for a dispute. I felt helpless so I decided to call back to speak with someone else at Economy Bookings, (now 1:17 minutes of my time and day given to this). After a few minutes of holding someone picked up and hung up. I then called back and requested the "Booking a reservation" queue. After about a 7 minute wait a guy answered and stated his name is Russell. He says he was a manager, he tried to keep my business, I refused. He then tried prompting to to the online support department to cancel. I asked him if he is a manager and Martin is one as well. Why is it that Martin has the authority to cancel and overcharge me, but he does not?

He couldn't answer it. However, he refunded all but $33.00 I explained to him that I called to cancel within 5 minutes of making the reservation and that all of this is unethical. He apologized but redirected me to Support to request a FULL REFUND. I asked for the Quality Control managers contact and he says he can not provide me with any information to complaint about my experience, outside of the email address provided for SUPPORT.

He "did" apologize and we ended the call. I filed a National and International complaint after ending the call. I hope this is helpful.

joannej21
2/1/17

This team is awful. This company knows nothing about customer service. The associates lie and hang up on the costumers, promise emails that are never sent and the company is a rip off that steals your money without providing a service. The most difficult and disappointing experience with a company. I do not recommend anyone use this company as they will steal your money and give you the run around in an effort to avoid handling your claim. DO NOT USE!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use!

stivp
1/23/17

This was an excellent experience renting a vehicle. My previous experience with another company left a bad taste in my mouth. This experience helped ease that pain.

wardr6
1/20/17

The Team from Advantage from start to finish was excellent. Everyone was polite and professional , they made us feel that they really appreciate our business. The car was a free upgrade of a new car with only a thousand miles on it.
Well done.

jamesb475
1/20/17

Brand new car and the rental price was great. Loved that the pick up and drop off of the car was right there at the airport.

yanna10
1/18/17

CHARGED the full amount and when I got to the rental agency was asked to pay triple the price.
Economybooking hang up on me multiple times still waiting for my refund. There are not reliable and it's impossible to talk with them.

johnb775
1/17/17

I decided to try Economy Booking based on quoted price. When I arrived at the counter, I was told I needed to purchase insurrance that would have cost more than the rental quote. I had travelled to Florida many times and rented with many providers, I had always been able to refuse the companies insurrance and use my third party coverage. This insurrance requirement was not quoted in advance. There were a lot of unhappy people in similar situations at the counter. I chose to return to the airport and rent from another provider which, on the day of, cost me 50% more than if I had booked them originally.

kimm233
1/11/17

Why is it so difficult to get a hold of anyone. I made an online booking and was specific about renting st airport and was booked off site. I want to cancel but can't get through. Been in hold for twenty minutes. Very bad service.

51 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question