US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

cierrab1
12/1/16

I will never book thru EconomyBooking again and have warned everyone I know including my employer! A month to refund an overcharge of more than $300 is absolutely ridiculous and less then unsatisfactory. EconomyBooking has been an absolute pain to work with and everyone I have spoken with has been careless and rude. Sounds like this type of thing happens often and the customer service agents could care less. Not to mention, it turns out going directly thru Alamo (or whoever) would have been less expensive and more convenient. I have over paid, been over charged, and received the worst customer service from EconomyBooking then any other rental agency I have ever dealt with. No customer should have to deal with this.

nickc87
11/18/16

Never, ever, ever, never rent a car thru this third world company located in Latvia. Got a total $#*!ing and will always go to Hertz, Enterprise or Avis to rent a car from now on. Lesson learned.

deanm86
11/9/16

Booked a prepaid car through this site. When I arrived at the counter I presented my voucher and was told that i owed an additional $42.00 even though i had been charged for the entire rental and had a voucher with $0.00 on it. My CC had been charged for the full rental amount. I called the emergency number and got a recording telling me to leave a message. I had to pay full counter rates to get a car. I have called and emailed the company with no response. Do not get suckered into using this company. Other discount companies are fair and honest. This was my first and last time with these ripoffs!

Tip for consumers: Do not get suckered in. Use a reputable site.

jons153
11/4/16

I paid for full coverage insurance through this company and they did not reflect it to Fox Car Rental and at SFO Fox overcharged me for insurance. I e-mailed economybookings.com but they never answered back. I had to pay 600$ for insurance. This company is a total rip off. I will never ever use them again and tell everyone to stay away from them!!!

sd203
10/21/16

I knew better than to rent from such a cheap place...but I still did it. I gave them my info, received my voucher, flew to Miami & took all the necessary items with me to the agency on the voucher- RentMax (when I saw that on the voucher I had concerns). I arrived at RentMax & they stated that they had not been paid by EconomyBookings & therefore could not accept my voucher. Even though the voucher states that I paid it & there was a reservation number for RentMax & proof on my credit card that I had paid it, they didn't care at all. They offered to rent me a car at an outrageous price with all kinds of fees- super frustrating. I didn't even have enough left open on my card at that point to get another rental. Of course all disputes have to go thru e-mail, can't get a hold of a real live person, so far I have received an auto-response telling me they are diligently looking into the matter & it could take 30 days. My advice- Spend the extra money & go with a reputable company!

georgeb172
10/20/16

It's dishonest to present yourself on price comparison websites as cheaper than the established firms and then to pile on the extras when the booking has been made and a deposit paid. No point saying that it is in the small print: it needs to be in big print and easy to find. That is honesty.

juanj28
10/18/16

Customer service refused to help me move my dates for my car rental and they did not want to give me a refund on my reservation. The agent was very rude and did not comply with me, he spoke to me as if I was stupid, they are not people you want to do any business with. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!!

samuelh51
9/28/16

I BOOKED AND PAID FOR A 8 SEATER CAR. WHEN I ARRIVED AT THE AIRPORT THEY DIDN'T HAVE THE CAR PLUS WANTED AN EXTRA $2800 USD FOR A 7 SEATER. WHEN I SHOWED MY PAID VOUCHER THEY BASICALLY TOLD ME SORRY CANT HELP.
HAD TO CANCEL THE CC AS THE COMPANY DIDN'T EVEN HAVE THE DECENCY TO REPLY TO MY EMAILS.

claudiam40
9/26/16

I booked a car through Economy Bookings and it was ultimately booked with Rent Plus in Prague.
We arrived and were told that the car we booked was in Germany and they were 'upgrading' us - we had a VW 4 door booked and received a Hyundai 4 door - seemed like the same type of car to us, but...
They never walked us around the car to inspect or had us sign/initial a damage report. I thought this was odd (in hindsight would never leave until it is done).
We drove the car to a wedding in the country and parked outside our room for 2 days then drove back to Prague.
Upon dropping off in Prague and very odd looking character, dressed like a street person, came out to inspect the car and said we damaged the vehicle.
We were shocked as we really parked not drove it so how could it be damaged??
The one desk clerk said that the customer must sign off on the damage report for the customer to be liable and we agreed. Then the guy that rented the car returned to the office and said we had to pay $350 for the damages! When questioned about the damage report he said 'it doesn't matter if the customer signs off as we are the ones to decide' and 'you just forgot I walked you around the car, because I always do'. I stated that he forgot to walk us around and he basically told me I was nuts.
We have filed a dispute with our credit card company and I will NEVER book with an off name brand again. Would rather pay more than get scammed.
And note to all, either take pictures of your car or be sure to sign off on a damage report.

samc111
9/7/16

Rented a car in Croatia, paid for additional driver online and had to pay again when we arrived. We paid in advance for accident cover only to find out we would have to foot the bill and wait months for economy bookings to refund us. 3 weeks after we returned they withdrew over £200 from my account for no reason and are very hard to contact with a complaint.
We also received the wrong car out in Croatia and Avant (the company we rented from through Economy Bookings, described our contract with them as a "sham" that ignored Avants own customer policies. Avoid using this company!

natasham25
9/7/16

I booked a rental car in Sydney using the app for Economy Bookings. The booking was confirmed and payment taken. However on arrival at the car hire company I was told there was no record of my booking by the rep at the desk. I then called the customer service number of Economy Bookings and was told there were no available cars for the class I had booked from the confirmed rental company. My phone was on speakerphone and the representative at the desk of the rental company shook his head and told me that yes they did have cars available. The Economy Bookings "customer service" rep on the phone then told me I would have to go to a different rental company in a different location (I had already got a taxi to the one I was at) AND IT WOULD COST MORE. I then declined and said I would book directly with the rental company I was already at as they had a car available. I asked if he could refund my money and he very rudely informed me it had not been taken. I told him I had checked my account and it had. He then said "Fine" and hung up the phone! Both myself and the rental company representative at the desk were utterly shocked by his rudeness and the terrible service. I urge anyone looking to rent a car to NEVER use this middle man service! I can't see that it is of any benefit to the rental companies either. Had I not been at the desk I may have thought it was their fault.

russellp16
9/6/16

Pay for your coupon, if you manage to print it off ( you get a choice of 300 zillion formats) your voucher still won't be accepted by the car hire company therefore leaving you to pay the full amount at the desk. Good luck.

tarahy1
9/5/16

Rude. poor service. Need I say more? When my flight was cancelled due to Southwest airline's system-wide failure, they were not helpful and refused to change my reservation pick-up time to a later time. I didn't even ask for a discount. When I spoke to a Fox representative, they said that because I booked through a third-party, I need to have them make the change and then my reservation would be fine on their end. I can't express how rude they were!!! I couldn't even change the driver so that I wouldn't loose my paid reservation.

jenniferr141
8/25/16

Dear All
I was duped by the guy on the phone in London office of this company, into booking a second car, having already lost the first through a technicality... Then I was not allowed to take that car.. and the same guy refused to cancel and refund my booking, despite saying to call him back if I had any more problems.. Apparently the half it took at the car desk was too long!
A month on, I have been charged for the car, two long distance phone calls, and I have had no reply to my email from Customer Service
Book at your own peril!!!

stormyy
8/25/16

OMG! I had the worst trip to NYC ever in my life..... I made reservations with Economybooking.com to pick up a rental at Dollar rental in LGA, when I arrived at the Dollar rental office I was informed that they do not accept Debit cards, which then I said okay and went to another rental company. As I got to my hotel I happen to check my account and notice a charge of $243.51 from Economybooking, which I thought was a little funny since I was not able to get a vehicle with Dollar Rental through Economy. I then tried to contact Economy's 1800 number and each time you get a hold of a rep and you tell them you are having a dispute they will literally hang up or do a bogus transfer. They will tell you the only way they handle disputes is for you to email your grievance to an email account and they will get back to you within 24hr which is a damn lie..... Fast Forward a week Later still no reimbursement, this company is CRIMINAL and I suggest do not, DO NOT use them.....

Tip for consumers: Just go straight to the Company.....

alexr126
8/10/16

ecomonybooking sells insurance for which you will never get refund. They simply don't respond to emails and when you call them they always answer that they are processing the case but the agent who is responsible is not at his desk so you should call later. This is endless

elinap1
8/10/16

Worst car rental ever!!! I had a voucher and an email confirmation from economybookings that confirmed the exact hours of pick up and drop off, but the local car rental that delivered the car demanded extra money for the same hours. I tried to contact Economybookings, sending them my voucher, my booking number, the emails their employee wrote to me, but at first they acted like the booking did not exist, and then they never wrote back to give an answer! Stay away and chose another, more reliable company!!!

vincenzod4
8/6/16

Mai piu prenotero' auto da loro, scrivono multi linguale support ma parlano solo inglese, ho telefonato ai numeri in italia, francia, belgio, germania e parlano tutti solo inglese, ho scritto email per chiedere spiegazioni sulle opzioni perche non le avevo scelto tutte e nessuna risposta, prenotata auto 5 posti e trovo twingo con 4 posti, i numeri di telefono dell agenzia per ritirare auto sbagliati li ho dovuto cercare su internet etc etc..... non voglio sentire piu neanche il loro nome

efim1
8/5/16

After booking and receiving a price online, 2 minutes later I received a confirmation for an amount about 40% higher. I sent the information to EconomyBookings including a capture of their screen including the lower original price. Instead of an apology they say they cant verify the screen capture validity and sent me again to their site. In their site the Thirfty rental vanished somehow
Better book somere else

Tip for consumers: Better book some’re else

alehandroa
7/25/16

Economybookings was easy to work with because of a good website and lots of choices. The search was fast, the offers multiple and interesting and I found a convertible in Malaga which is always very tough. I will go to economybookings.com for my next car rental experience

paesib
7/25/16

I have used Economybookings now for several times. Always best prices and no unpleasant surprises

scotts195
7/13/16

Don't ever book a car through this company. Extra fees, random pick places and RUDE, RUDE customer service. Not even worth a rating!
Never again!

yulias2
6/29/16

I booked a car, and total was $103. They charged prepayment $46, and balance was $57. All turns that this $46 was NOT FOR CAR, just for 'awesome' service to Economy Booking (I don't know where they let you know about it), and at arrival I paid $170 instead of $57 as was said in my booking. So, COUNTING ON $103, I PAID $216! Tricking you at every step!!! Will never book with them again!

mariannej1
6/22/16

They charged me $147 on-line 2 weeks before my trip to Orlando. I took a shuttle from Orlando airport to Economy Rental Car and they gave me a bill for $290. Fast-talking sales reps refused to use my proof of insurance and said I had to use their insurance unless I charged $1000 deposit on a major credit card. The woman ahead of me in line was arguing with the rep for THIRTY MINUTES about something. I took their shuttle back to the airport and got a car from Alamo. Was EXTREMELY frustrating after hours of travelling. Also, they tried to sell me a Toll Pass for $25. Told me with my itinerary I'd pay at least $30 in tolls. Going home in 2 days and have only spent $7.50. Isn'the this bs illegal?

jesusm37
5/20/16

Impossible contactar a las personas que trabajan en esta compania... No la recomiendo... Es FANTASMA.

38 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question