Review of EconomyBookings

Riga, LV 1046, Latvia
support@bookinggroup.com

nanas10
10/19/17

Really I want to thank the company for the good car and service which they have especially the man dealer for U-SAVE or sales man there in the airport his name Mohammad Kaadan I think he is a very nice man and he was on time there.

davidk351
10/16/17

Our customer service woman was very helpful and made us feel familiar with the car in a short space of time. Excellent value.

sosog1
10/16/17

Great experience with your rental car website and the rental! I will DEFINITELY use you again...and recommend you to others!

givis
10/16/17

Great value, free upgrade. Was not made to buy extra ins, was advised by them to take a video in and out of the car so no questions at the end of rental

enzoa9
10/16/17

I booked a car to be picked up in Rome Italy last april, I paid in full with american express. I downloaded the voucher they sent to me via email and on the voucher it clearly says when I pick up the car to bring the following a credit card, visa, master card or american express. When I got to the counter in Rome Gold car rental advised me that they need to put a hold on my credit card which the hold would be removed once I returned the car of 200 euros, I had no problem with that and gave them my american express. The goldcar company informed me that they do not accept american express therefore they could not give me the car that I had paid in full with economy booking. I moved over to the next desk and rented a car from another company for double of what I had already paid economy booking. At that time i figured i will deal with it on my return to the US. Once here they would not give me a refund because they said I never showed up. I provided american express with the copy of the voucher they sent to me, and a copy of another rental agreement for the new car dated and time stamped the day and hour I was to pick up the car in Rome, American express after investigating send me a reply and a copy of the voucher sent to them by economy booking, the copy sent to american express is exactly the same as my voucher except that it omits american express as one of the card i must produce to the counter in Rome. They altered the voucher to their favor, I have tried time and time again and the answers are the same. It finally got to the hands of the florida attorney general, it seems I am not the only one. STAY AWAY FROM ECONOMY BOOKING,

ladeciac
10/13/17

This company is a scam. This is a very deceptive conpany Do Not use them. Use any other company than them.

marthas82
10/12/17

Economy Booking is NOT professional. We book a car on Saturday evening for Sunday at 12.00 but unfortunately the mail didn't come to my inbox or to my spam folder before 12.00. I lost my trip , my booking in the hotel and my money due their unprofessional system. In addition to that fact, i sent an email with this problem and i kindly asked for my money back. Economy booking claim that they sent the mail on Sunday ...... I AM REALLY SORRY. YOU DONT WORTH MY MONEY AND YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE.

danielec6
10/9/17

overall, I was really pleased with most aspects of the car hire experience. the car itself was in excellent condition and a pleasure to drive. waiting time to be served was a little longer than I would have liked, however the staff were gracious, experienced and most polite. I will use this hire company again. thank you.

sherifs7
10/9/17

If you want to rent a car, definitely don't go with them!!! time wasters, they don't even honour their bookings and the refund is next to a dream!!!! just happened on Oct 7th, 2017 !!! unless you want to spend days and nights to call their worst customer service department who will actually add nothing but more $#*! to their horrible services!!!

nabila24
10/8/17

Worst experience I ever had. Price was ok but if you ever have to deal with customer service it is practically non existent, and very uniterested to deal with any issues. They never respond to any complaints.

gregs159
9/28/17

My experience was very good with Thrifty, I look forward to renting from you again. Everything went well from beginning (pick-up) to end (drop-off). I appreciate it! Thank you Greg

zhannak
9/25/17

Оплатила economybookings страховку, а потом еще и в самой компании аренды машины пришлось оплачивать страховку, так как никой связи между посредником сайтом и компанией аренды машин нет. Цена в итоге вышла намного дороже чем у других компаний.крайне разочарована.кроме того, сумма к оплате, указанная в электронном письме после подтверждения брони от economybookings никак не соответсвовала реальным ценам озвученным на месте при оформлении машины.

saras208
9/25/17

i was redirected here from travelsupermarket. i had booked a car through them with a company called delpaso. i paid economy bookings for full coverage insurance on the car, and i was told this would cover all liability for damages with no excess. on arrival at the car company (del paso) i was told this insurance is not recognised and i would have to pay an extra 300 for THEIR insurance. i am not sure who the scammer is here (possibly all three), but i will never use any of them again. their good names and reliability have no value anymore. severely angry and disappointed.

henrykj
9/22/17

This company is a disaster.I suppose to have a car in Poznan.They cancelled while I was on the train from Szczecin.I had my six family members with me and no car.I was trying to phone the company and had been waiting for 30 minutes listening to the music and annoying person trying to convince me that EconomyBookings care for me very much.I had to hire two taxes for two days before we left for Paris.Shame on you guys. I do not recommend your company to my friends !Worst car rental company ever is right !!!

chrisy38
9/20/17

I was linked here from SkyScanner, where I was quoted a seemingly very good value price, which was the same once I had transferred over to EconomyBookings. I went through the process paid the original amount, and as you can see in my screen shots I was told "Final Price For Rental" but once I got the email confirmation you can see I was to be charged nearly 3 times that! I luckily paid the £17 extra to cancel for free. Never again.

Tip for consumers: Just dont use.

erchol
9/18/17

Inititially given a car in lower group which I had to return next day to exchange for a car in the reserved group. Thereafter service was good.

gerrardm
9/12/17

Worst car rental company ever. No cars available at car rental location and I prepaid for the rental. No refund given, I had to file credit card claim fraud. Their customer service representative are rude and not helpful at all.

tonyv33
9/10/17

The staff was very friendly, walked us to our car and she didn't have the car that we had booked and gave us an even better car! She was so awesome, can't remember her name but she was working late Sunday night (Aug 27th). Thank you for a great experience!

biserp
9/10/17

Perfect car-VOLVO S40 and with the GPS and new one, it was clean and automatic. The price is good for this car.

alexc209
9/10/17

I have used your organisation for many years and i am thoroughly satisfied with the service that i have always recieved.

carlosm106
9/10/17

Great service and excellent customer service care. My only problem is that it takes too long to reimburse my deposit. Still haven't gotten it back.

pamelas153
9/9/17

We were able To get on the shuttle to the rental place but the van filled Up quickly and others had to wait for another van

enrip
9/9/17

The customer service with Advantage Rent-A-Car was very great and the paperwork was a very smooth process. Customer Rep explained all detailed information in regards to car rental.

simonp64
9/8/17

Too many things that are missed to be written when you make a reservation. Like taxes and deposits. The system should automatically show you the amount of the deposit based on your age and the car.

filipc4
9/8/17

While I had previously O.K. experience with EconomyBookings, this time is very bad and hopefully before taking anything from them you will think twice.

I have taken as I wanted to be completely covered, "Full coverage" which seems fair by price and it protects me from any damage on the vehicle and as I was travelling to Croatia I wanted to have piece of mind. So this time I had scratch on vehicle, scratch itself was done while vehicle was parked, which I was not worried as I have "Full coverage", but that was not the case:

I have filled Full coverage request form at the mid of July 2017 with all requested documents, but there were no response nor even any confirmation email that I have filed an request which is very bad experience at first, but I didn't make any noise about it.. so I have waited for 15 days..

I have then send an email to some sort of "customer support" and they have responded to me Aug 2nd 2017, that I am missing some documents, while this was not true, I have attached documents again inside an email, which they, at the Aug 7th 2017, accepted, with next reply:

"After receiving all documents from partners side will be sent to our Insurance Department for further consideration of your request. Insurance Department will estimate the amount to be reimbursed, taking into account all conditions of insurance, types of damage, as well as the amount that was debited by the Rental Company."

First of all:
- there is no single note on their "terms" of "Full Coverage" that someone will be "thinking", if and how much they will reimburse you
- there is no single note on their terms of "Full Coverage" that this will need further investigation as i have already provided all requested documents and payslips.

But still, It does not matter much as they already responded and I am happy at least to hear some voice from them..

From that time, I have been sending email each week for update on my request, but there is NO SINGLE reply to my emails, there is no anyone to call as they don't provide customer service number - possible because same reason..

I suggest you think twice before taking anything from them, each service they offer I would say is scam. If you really need to go trough them, then don't take any insurance from them, don't take any services which they offer, it's better to get services if needed directly from renter.

PS. I will still wait for one month for response and reimbursement and if this does not happen, then I'll go with law suit.

Regards,
Angry customer

Helpful answer

Economy Booking is based in Europe and is impossible to deal with. I would never use them again. I got my money back (the down payment taken off at the time of booking) by using better Business Bureau and going after the US rental company.

By karen h. on 8/21/15
Helpful answer

In my experience, they'll never respond and hope that you'll just go away and forget about it. They ended up costing me more money that if I had just gone with my usual car rental company. Sorry to say, but there are many reviews that basically say the same thing. These guys don't deserve to be in business.

By Gary G. on 4/24/15
Helpful answer

I can't answer the specific question. I only know that my dealings with them was as dishonest as it could be and with no way to get the refunded amount that was supposed to be given.

By Lee C. on 5/25/16
Helpful answer

Because you will pay them several weeks or months for a car rental voucher. Then you will fly and go to the rental agency counter and the rental agency will not honor your voucher. Then you will rent a car at the rental agency's higher rate (now you've paid twice) in desperation because you need a car and have to get going. Then you will try to contact and settle with Economy Bookings. They will be very slow to respond and you will be lucky to get a partial refund. When all is said and done, you will have paid about twice the price for a rental as what Economy Bookings says you will and you will have endured a lot of headache in the process.

By Tim J. on 1/19/16
Helpful answer

A complete shambolic company that cons people out of money!

By Melissa H. on 10/13/15
Helpful answer

Don't do business with them. You will be sorry. I prepaid for a rental car voucher and the rental agency didn't accept it. I had to pay a higher rate for a car as a result and after several emails, economybookings only paid me back for part of the prepaid voucher. They will not respond to any inquiries in regard to the partial refund. Essentially, they robbed me and I ended up paying way more for a car rental. Consider yourself warned!

By Tim J. on 10/12/15
Helpful answer

Yes, DO NOT USE their service! Just rent a vehicle directly from the company like Hertz, AVIS, etc

By coco c. on 6/15/15
Helpful answer

I do lots of research. I go directly to the car rental companies and then compare on other sites like Kayak or Hotwire. Sometimes it's cheaper either way. And the prices change all the time depending how early you reserve. I really got snookered though when I used Economy Bookings. Beware of this company. They are bad news.

By Lynn K. on 5/22/15
Helpful answer

Theft Company (Economy Booking) ever because they will steal your money and they don't respect the customer.

By ABDULILAH A. on 5/9/17

It is so bad company

By ABDULILAH A. on 5/3/17
Questions? Get answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other customers.

5 Photos for EconomyBookings