Review of EconomyBookings

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

yolandab22
4/26/17

I just want to thank each and everyone of you guys. I was going to use this company, thank god I'm the type of person who reads reviews. NOPE. I will not use them. I did however have to give them 1 to 5 stars. I'll pick 2.
Yolanda

alexanderl32
4/22/17

Terrible experience with these scammers.

I tried to get a quote for a rental car in Johannesburg. While I never(!) pressed the confirmation button, I got an email that the booking was confirmed. They make you give them your credit card details already pretty early in the booking/quote process, so they also deducted the amount for the rental period.
By default they enable some sort of cancel protection. Though this was the reason I didn't press the confirm button, it suddenly wasn't a bad thing.

Cancelling through the website didn't seem possible, so I called the callcenter. After waiting a long time I got the car cancelled.
Happy, until I saw what they refunded on my credit card. They withheld 55 of the paid amount as cancellation costs, since it was within 48hours of the pickup. Even if it was within an hour of the (never confirmed) booking, they still charge this. Why do you then even offer the cancellation option...?

After contacting them several times now about this 55, and me never making the initial booking, everything went silent.
I'll survive the 55, but would I use them ever again? NEVER! And Ill make sure people know about these scammers.

francescas13
4/19/17

I specified at the time of request that I only wanted the booking if I could drive the car in the Uk and France. In line with your policy which states "CROSS BORDER POLICY
Travel outside country must be noted & confirmed at time of booking and at least 5 days prior to commencement. Vehicles are not permitted to travel on ferries or to any island locations without pre-approval from Booking Group. " This booking should NEVER have been confirmed as you were unable to meet the UK and France driving request and requirement. I will not pay the 20 Euro cancellation fee for the reasons stated.

stevem324
4/17/17

I called and explained the below situation, after describing the whole thing the guy on the phone says...."so your trying to make a reservation but the site wont let you?" This site is a total waste of time!!

I travel a lot for work. This was hands down the worst car rental experience that I have ever had!!! I called for the shuttle to come to the airport 3 times and after a full hour a shuttle with a different name showed up! I had to ask another rental car driver if he knew what shuttle to take! When I finally made it to the rental counter it took me another 45 minutes to actually get the car, stating that the Manager couldn't figure out how to get the gas tank open!!! When I made the reservation I specifically said that I was returning the car at 6am. I had a 7:30 flight and that would have been plenty of time! I called on the day before to verify the 6am drop off and was told that they did not open until 7 and that they did not have a drop box!! And if I left the car in their lot I would get a "penalty" but no one could tell me what the charge would be! Because of this I had to change flights costing me $300 !!!!! Terrible company!! I will NEVER use them again!!!

ivant21
4/16/17

I am writing this review to warn other people about this website and its unreliability. I booked a car via this service, and they canceled it 55 minutes before pick-up time!!! I found that out only when I came to car rental agency! So I had to change all my plans and I didn't have a chance to visit some places that I wanted. So I would definitely suggest everyone to always avoid this website and use other agency.

Ivan

kenm129
4/12/17

Booked a car through Economy bookings at Signature Rent a Car Paid for the full coverage insurance with Economy that was not accepted by Signature. I then had to jump through hoops and contact my insurance not to have to pay more than double the rate for the car. Beware of who they stick you with. I didn't get the car that was booked. Good luck if you use them.

debraw55
4/7/17

Rented a car for a Phoenix Arizona trip paid in advance. When i arrived they would'nt accept any of my debit or credit cards wanted to hold a 350.00 deposit even thought had already paid the full price of the rental. When i tried to get a refund i was told my money was non-refundable. How can you charge customer money to rent a car and never provide a service. Rip Off do not use this company.

paox1
4/7/17

So, my family and I decided we didn't want to the rental anymore after we had already rented it. Call economybooking and was told that our booking was non-refundable. What is most important in this situation was I call back and ask to speak to a supervisor and was told that it was late we don't have supervisor right now and was told that there will be one on Monday. However, my reservation starts on Sunday, so looks like I'm ass out.

Please please don't book through economybooking, they have rude customer service who would not lift a finger to help you out. Plus, this whole non-refundable, what kind of new scam is this. All I can think of is that this is the new kind of legit scammer that's out there. Or a scammer that went from illegal scam to making it legitly scamming people. I had rented car for several years now and never had problem with canceling a car rental or a hotel reservation.

Best option is to pay a little more somewhere else that offer you a "peace of mind" without being hassle, without being in a jammed when you need to cancel or modify a reservation. The number one statement you should get out of this is a "PEACE OF MIND." A no worry reservation and cancel or modify whever you want is better than a "what you see is what you get" compnay, ECONOMYBOOKING is that company what you see is what you get.

An honest business or company wouldn't need to resort to this kind of scam just to make money. It took the same principle a credit repair or monitoring company uses on me once. It's the same principle, "NON-REFUNDABLE."

Tip for consumers: "DON'T", take it from me...

victorp32
3/30/17

I have rented cars for over 40 years and have never encountered a non-refundable booking fee before. Stay away from economybookings.com.

shannona28
3/24/17

cheap care rentals! its too good to be true!! I booked a car through Alamo, i got my car, but the took my deposit. Looks like Car rental companies dont work with them. My credit card company had a hard time refunding my money. THEY SUCK!! Im a yelper, i usually write great reviews.

annap86
3/23/17

The final page that indicate the final price does not reflect the price you owe the actual rental car. I called Budget rent a car and was told I owe way more than what the company quoted me. I called Economybooking and was told I should have read the final print since It says price does not reflect actual taxes and fees from the car rental company. This website is a scam!! I told them I want to cancel and that their cancel policy stated it would only take 2.6 % of the prepaid amount. The customer service personal said the prepaid amount is non refundable and that they have changed their cancellation policy. I quickly took a snap shot of the policy before they could change it. I called my credit card company to dispute the charge since I have the screen shot. I will also call the better business bureau to report the company. They also tried to up charge me by changing the pick up time so it ended up being one day more. This company is a scam! Please spare yourself the headache by booking else where.

maximel8
3/21/17

Location de 4x4 avec EconomyBookings pour 12 jours au Costa Rica en mars 2017: prix affiché au moment de la réservation de 360.
Au moment de récupérer la voiture sur place, assurance obligatoire à payer (en plus) de ... 440!!! Jamais mentionné sur le site avant de réserver (seuls des petits caractères sur le voucher une fois seulement la réservation effectuée - et l'acompte payé...).

L'assurance "full coverage" proposée par le site est encore plus une arnaque car elle doublonne avec l'assurance obligatoire. Vous payez donc 2 primes pour les mêmes garanties qui ne se cumulent, elles, pas.

EconomyBookings est une énorme arnaque !! A éviter.

judyp44
3/14/17

I needed to cancel my reservation for health reasons. It was non refundable, but they told me I could transfer my reservation to another trip. After four long frustrating conversations, the result was that they could not transfer the reservation to another pick up drop off location, so I ended up losing the money.
Do not use this company.

heatherd55
3/13/17

I have been trying for weeks to speak to someone or to get a response for a refund and I have yet to get a response back from anyone. I booked online a rental car 3 weeks in advance and when I arrived at the airport I was told by the rental company they could not rent to me I tried to contact economy booking and they have yet to respond to any of my emails or phone calls about refunding my money.

craigm104
3/12/17

I booked a rental car in Spain for £47.92.

When I arrived I was told that this rate required me to return the car with an EMPTY tank and that they would then charge me 40 to fill it and 121 for the fuel (A full tank cost me 55)!

The only way around it was to pay an additional 170 insurance. I chose the insurance option which required me to return the car with a FULL tank but they still charged me another 29.50 to refill an already full tank.

My 47.92 car cost me 221.42. A total ripoff.

johns1668
3/11/17

I canceled my rental car booking 7 weeks prior and after 4 phone calls and one email I have yet to receive my refund. They keep telling me a few more days. The first person I talked to never put the cancellation order through! They are based in Latvia so you also have to deal with a 6 hour time difference.
I would never recommend this travel site!!

dianeo14
3/11/17

we went online and reserved a car for our Florida vacation and when we arrived to pick up our car they had no conformation that we ever reserved a car...i guess economy did not forward our information to the car rental company...we had to waste 2 hours and 300 dollars more to get a car before we could start our vacation...will never use this site again and will let all friends know not to go on economy bookings

hamishs
2/27/17

So I book a car, pickup Auckland Airport 1900 on a Tuesday evening. Arrive: no direct phone, no shuttle bus, nothing. Phone - no answer. Phone again, no answer. Find a local bus going near to their 24/7 site - 3.5 km from the airport. Get there after a bit of a walk to find a sign on the gate "for ... after hours pickup please phone Park'n'fly 09-257 0992". Fortunately I can dial this number and eventually get through to someone who is surprised, but tells me it will take 15 to 20 minutes to pick me up. It is now half an hour and no-one has come.

I call Economy bookings number in London - automatic answer machine which keeps me on hold for 7 1/2 minutes until I give up.

I cannot see why the voucher could not have had the correct procedure for my pick up, un-Lucky Rentals could not have had a message on an answering machine telling customers what to do, Economybookings.com couldn't have a genuine help line rather than a fake one, and why these people at Park-and-Fly leave me for what turned out to be 38 minutes by the side of the road.

Fakes.

magnih
2/27/17

Great service. When I went to pick ups the car the assistant was very helpful and friendly. The car was very comfortable and perfect for a week long use

tsormpatzoudisp
2/27/17

I totally agree! BEWARE of this company!I have prepaid a booking for a car from New York for four days, I went in the morning to get the car with my MA ID and passport, driving license and 5 cards with a large amount on them and no card was accepted. With those cards I have booked many times within the US. Then, I called EconomyBookings to solve the issue and ask for a refund and they forwarded me three different emails. I copy-pasted my inquiry to all those emails 8 days ago and nobody replied. I called three times to request attention on my emails and they reassured me that they will reply soon. NOBODY replied to my emails or called me back. I used to study in the US and rented cars many many times. It is the first time I face such irresponsibility. The only reason I post this message is because I want people to know before they book from this company how it behaves to the customers. Unfortunately, as far as I have red I am not the only one. I am really disappointed and definately I will get this to an end cause requiring from people to prepay cars and then not refunding neither responding to emails is not something that online car rentals should look like.The booking reference is:B66954114

lalk1
2/24/17

I recently booked via economy booking a car for our trip to Venice and the rental company by the name locauto which is i believe a part of enterprise car hire meant to be providing me the car .Upon arrival at the desk I was told I have to pay extra 159 to what I paid via economy booking for some hidden charges to pay for some extra (Snow chain etc ) I explain to car rental agent that the temperature outside is 15C so I don't need a snow chain and there is no chance of snow expected for the rest of year but she said that is mandatory by Italian law .Well I said that's fine but then one by one I have to take out a list of things that I did not need or otherwise they won't let me have the car .I have to agree as I had plans and needed the car .i contacted the economy booking but they weren't really helpful .They wanted me to cancel if I am not happy or should have read my terms and conditions .So I ended up paying triple the amount of what they quoted me for .which shows what kind of respect they have for their customer .now I just checked my email from that company saying they only realise 800 from
My deposit which again is short 100 so have to find out when the call centre is open .It was a complete rip off and white colour theft . I will raise this on other platform as well but do not book with economy booking and do not use locauto specially the one in Venice Marco Polo airport .

hansw12
2/22/17

I tried to find a rental car for new zealand. After i booked the first car with economybookings i had to find out (by myself) that the rental company would not be open at the time of my rental begin (7p.m.), although economybookings offered the rental. After online cancelling and an additional call to economybookings i was allowed to cancel.

In my next attempt to find a car i was offered another rental car - again with the same problem. I was offered a rental car from 7p.m. but the car rental company was not open at 7p.m. and did not offer after hour service.

My conclusion: the car rental comparison offered by economybookings is not reliable and will in the end not hold up for its promise. I will not use it anymore and cannot recommend it.

pavanp3
2/16/17

First, they showed the lease amount of price for car without showing taxes. Once booked they reveled the taxes. Price + taxes was greater than what was showing in rental cars website. So, I want to cancel my booking and there is no way you can cancel your booking online. Stay away!!

feriela
2/8/17

I will keep you in mind for the next time I rent a vehicle. I was so impressed. I will let my family and friends know as well.

kenth21
2/8/17

Excellent price and excellent car rental company. This is the third time to rent a car from (the best)

52 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question