Review of EconomyBookings

Riga, LV 1046, Latvia
support@bookinggroup.com

aramism
8/16/17

They publish cheaper rates but pressure you to buy their Insurance Waiver Products or they just won't rent a Car to you. If you are local they ask for $1,500 plus mileage, meaning they don't want your business. Stay away, read their website terms, stay with the Reputable firms, this place is a Joke!

roccod13
8/12/17

This place is a sham. If you rent from here after reading all the reviews, you deserve what you get. I pre-paid for a car back in April. Approx. 5 hours after I booked the car I fell and hurt my knee. I had to cancel my trip and the car. I immediately called Economy booking and left several phone and email messages.
Economy says 24/7 on one page and different hours on another. Scammers. When I finally spoke to someone about 8 hours later, they told me "NO REFUND, NOT EVEN IF YOUR DEAD."
I told them that I can give them a Doctor's note along with a reasonable amount of my deposit or they could hold the money for a future rental. Again, no way, you get no refund.
I appealed to my credit card company (Visa, Commenity Bank) and they had the same response as E/B. Thanks for nothing. Don't use them either.
Remember, if there is any possibility at all that you may have to cancel using this company you will lose your entire amount you paid. Use American companies.

tomaszl1
8/10/17

This company will give you absolutely NO customer service and no support whatsoever. The car rental may or may not get through, but most of all DO NOT buy their "full protection" of your excess (deductible) for rental insurance. We paid for the full protection, got the confirmation email and then, without our consent they decided to cancel it!!! Of course, we didn't know about it, and after the fact you can do nothing. VERY deceptive practices.

tarasb2
8/10/17

Completely missing customer support.If you do not want to be guaranteed to lose your money, use another company. I lost. Entice a low price. And then problems. Better slightly more expensive but not in them.

timothyj34
8/9/17

Wrong day was reserved...tried to change day and they said I could cancel and money would get refunded.... Was not and refuse to talk to me after.... DONT BOTHER WITH THEM

ghassana2
8/8/17

I booked a car through EconomyBookings.com website, they charged around 8 Euros as a down payment or insurance (I'm not sure). and when i went to car rental company (KEM - Cyprus) they coudn't find the booking on their system. I show them the booking and confermation email but they didn't cooperate and told me to contact the website , its not their problem and they can't do anything! I tried to call EconomyBookings many times , everytime they kept me on hold for long time and then hang up.
its a scam - don't deal with this website

catharinew1
8/5/17

We booked a car through economy bookings and on arrival at Barcelona airport we discovered the car hire company were not based at the airport. We Waited thirty mins to get a lift to an industrial park and then there was a que if 25 people in a non air conditioned office. we did not want a cheap car hire place just a vehicle if a specific size so somewhere on the booking experience they should have highlighted the car hire was no where near the airport!!!

tome97

Status: Not refunded

Booing 2

What we DID NOT order: Peugeot 3008
Cost: £656.41
Issue: We asked for a replacement car of same size, or if smaller had to be cheaper. Money was taken for a more expensive, smaller car without our permission.
Status: We cancelled the booking but were not refunded

Booking 3:

What we ordered: Nissan Micra
Cost:
Issue: When we arrived in Sardina the booking did not exist with the local partner. We called customer service who spoke directly with the local agent, they were unable to locate any booking. We were forced to pay an 800 warranty and 540 car hire fee for a Nissan Note the only available car. We called customer service again who said they just manage bookings, not complaints. They refused to send us

Nissan Quashqai £593
Peugeot 3008 £656
Nissan Micra 380 = £343
Nissan Note: 540 = £488

Total charged for NO CAR HIRE: £2,080

Over charged 160 or £144 (Mirca at 380 vs Note at 540)

Status: Not refunded.

saginea
8/3/17

Dont wasted your money renting anything from economybooking it is a total scam
I just got scammed, i rented a car online made a deposit when i get to the place they told me my order has been cancel
When i try to called them i could not get anyone over the phone
I ended up Uber to everywhere

DONT FALL FOR THEIR SCAM

jovital
8/3/17

they confirm the booking and when we reach the booking is being cancelled. Please don't book through this site. Worst site ever

sheilai1
8/2/17

Believe the reviews which I wish I had read before I booked with them. The few dollars you may think your saving is so not worth the HORRIBLE customer service if that's what you want to call it. You have to email them and you WILL NOT get a reply. Here is a physical number 646-878-6841. You will not get anywhere in fact they will hang up on you !!! If you ask to speak to a manger they say no. DO NOT DO NOT DO BUSINEES WITH THIS COMPANY THEIR HORRIBLE

williaml172
7/28/17

Booked a car rental on the web and bought the full coverage for $98. The fee for the service is $34. I am a very careful person because I know they try every way to get your money! But I didn't see this fee. I know it's got to be somewhere but you just don't see it. Customer service is terrible. Called and the main menu said press 3 is your rental is over. I did "THREE TIMES" and nothing happened. It hung up itself directly. Pressed other number and waited "10-15" minutes to speak to someone. I will never use them again. It is not even cheap!

geoffreyv4
7/25/17

Ha. My parents rented the car and it was a lie. DONT USE THE SERVICE. Was double charged for the service and on top of that they refused my rental at the airport saying my deal was impossible.

sharons230
7/25/17

Cancelled booking with 2 weeks to go, should have received full refund apart from 20.
Received confirmation of cancellation but can't get a refund. No reply to emails and just left on hold for ever.
Don't think we will ever see the refund.

avalees
7/24/17

I was nervous about my reservation after reading the reviews on this website but I could not have had a better/smoother car rental experience. I had no issues at any time and even got a free upgrade from the rental company I chose. I would highly recommend them.

sr466
7/23/17

I booked a rental car for a small holiday in Italy. I had paid for this in the Feb for a trip in June. I attempted to change the named driver via the online service and it returned an error message.

I therefore decided to ring their "24/7" phone line online to be told that the car hire had been cancelled and that it was our fault. A brief admission from them that they never had a rental car in the first place for us, rapidly brushed away. As I tried to explain that we would just not change the details I was shouted at and told that I was stupid and why could I not understand that my booking was cancelled!

The call centre operator was called Martin and was based in Latvia. He was rude and abusive to both my partner and myself. He offered a different car at a higher price- that is the scam! Given how appealing the service was and how rude the call centre was I decided to pay the 20 cancellation fee and not give them any more money! Yet to get the money back

STAY WELL CLEAR

andreb35
7/20/17

Plain and simple - Crooks!
No service when you have a problem - no working phone for complaints. Lying whenever they can. It is impossible to get anything from them. No refunds when 24/7 (as promised!) rental company is closed because your plain was late. Clever positioning on the web by Russian (?judging by the accent of the lady in New York when after 1 hr waiting on line) hackers. They have no facilities. Just an office in New York... Stay away!

olat13
7/19/17

When I paid for a VW Polo automatic at Edinburgh airport 09 to 13 June and got a Fiat 500 instead I tried to communicate with them. I have been trying ever since, but they do not have any proper customer service. They just have some people telling me from time to time that they need more time to sort this out. They have ben doing this since my first message to them about this on 12 June. Do not ever use this company. I don't know how they can be allowed to operate this way.

jims279
7/16/17

I booked a full size car rental for a week in CA for what seemed like a too-good-to-be-true price. Then I read some reviews and was super freaked out that I was going to get screwed. But I picked up the car at Thrifty as advertised and the whole process couldn't have been easier. The price was exactly what I was told it would be when I booked which saved me over $130 from all other rental places. I will definitely use them again!

motp
7/15/17

Please bee careful to book. My entire trip in Romania was a disaster because of them. They took a deposit of Euro 80 from me and then the car rental company said that they did not recognize them and insisted on another Euro 200 in addition to the car rental fees.

valerieh49
7/12/17

When booking with them, they took 10% of the price in prepayment. After my rental, the rental car company (Advantage) charged the full price telling me they received no prepayment.
I wanted to talk with Economy Booking, but the voicemail hangs up if you press the number 3 for after your rental. Tried another number, but couldn't quite tolerate the long wait with the world-winning most annoying message repeated every few seconds.

karenf124
7/12/17

I rented a car from them. It was not cheap. I had to cancel over one week before the pick-up and requested a refund. Their cancelation policy says " If you cancel 48 hours or more prior to your pick up, you will be refunded minus the cancellation fee of 20.00 EUR." So I booked the car. However, AFTER I paid and got the voucher it said no cancelations. I lost my money. Totally dishonest!!

jacquesd15
7/11/17

I booked, pre paid and received a voucher. when I arrived at the airport , despite confirmation#, I had to pay the full price of the rental. I contacted them in Latvia multiple times and waited hours on hold. 2 weeks later... situation is still not solve.

Will never book with them again

scotts269
7/10/17

I think the good reviews are confusing them with a different company. DO NOT USE THEM!!! You will regret it.

alecg17
7/10/17

Lost my money to this company and they didn't seem to care when I wrote many emails and tried calling and I didn't get the car ! And the reviews on their website are reviews before you get the car so it's not true, and you can't write a review after the process is complete ! They know what they are doing.

Helpful answer

Economy Booking is based in Europe and is impossible to deal with. I would never use them again. I got my money back (the down payment taken off at the time of booking) by using better Business Bureau and going after the US rental company.

By karen h. on 8/21/15
Helpful answer

In my experience, they'll never respond and hope that you'll just go away and forget about it. They ended up costing me more money that if I had just gone with my usual car rental company. Sorry to say, but there are many reviews that basically say the same thing. These guys don't deserve to be in business.

By Gary G. on 4/24/15
Helpful answer

I can't answer the specific question. I only know that my dealings with them was as dishonest as it could be and with no way to get the refunded amount that was supposed to be given.

By Lee C. on 5/25/16
Helpful answer

Because you will pay them several weeks or months for a car rental voucher. Then you will fly and go to the rental agency counter and the rental agency will not honor your voucher. Then you will rent a car at the rental agency's higher rate (now you've paid twice) in desperation because you need a car and have to get going. Then you will try to contact and settle with Economy Bookings. They will be very slow to respond and you will be lucky to get a partial refund. When all is said and done, you will have paid about twice the price for a rental as what Economy Bookings says you will and you will have endured a lot of headache in the process.

By Tim J. on 1/19/16
Helpful answer

A complete shambolic company that cons people out of money!

By Melissa H. on 10/13/15
Helpful answer

Don't do business with them. You will be sorry. I prepaid for a rental car voucher and the rental agency didn't accept it. I had to pay a higher rate for a car as a result and after several emails, economybookings only paid me back for part of the prepaid voucher. They will not respond to any inquiries in regard to the partial refund. Essentially, they robbed me and I ended up paying way more for a car rental. Consider yourself warned!

By Tim J. on 10/12/15
Helpful answer

Yes, DO NOT USE their service! Just rent a vehicle directly from the company like Hertz, AVIS, etc

By coco c. on 6/15/15
Helpful answer

I do lots of research. I go directly to the car rental companies and then compare on other sites like Kayak or Hotwire. Sometimes it's cheaper either way. And the prices change all the time depending how early you reserve. I really got snookered though when I used Economy Bookings. Beware of this company. They are bad news.

By Lynn K. on 5/22/15
Helpful answer

Theft Company (Economy Booking) ever because they will steal your money and they don't respect the customer.

By ABDULILAH A. on 5/9/17

It is so bad company

By ABDULILAH A. on 5/3/17
Questions? Get answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other customers.

3 Photos for EconomyBookings