US Government’s NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

jenniferr141
8/25/16

Dear All
I was duped by the guy on the phone in London office of this company, into booking a second car, having already lost the first through a technicality... Then I was not allowed to take that car.. and the same guy refused to cancel and refund my booking, despite saying to call him back if I had any more problems.. Apparently the half it took at the car desk was too long!
A month on, I have been charged for the car, two long distance phone calls, and I have had no reply to my email from Customer Service
Book at your own peril!!!

stormyy
8/25/16

OMG! I had the worst trip to NYC ever in my life..... I made reservations with Economybooking.com to pick up a rental at Dollar rental in LGA, when I arrived at the Dollar rental office I was informed that they do not accept Debit cards, which then I said okay and went to another rental company. As I got to my hotel I happen to check my account and notice a charge of $243.51 from Economybooking, which I thought was a little funny since I was not able to get a vehicle with Dollar Rental through Economy. I then tried to contact Economy's 1800 number and each time you get a hold of a rep and you tell them you are having a dispute they will literally hang up or do a bogus transfer. They will tell you the only way they handle disputes is for you to email your grievance to an email account and they will get back to you within 24hr which is a damn lie..... Fast Forward a week Later still no reimbursement, this company is CRIMINAL and I suggest do not, DO NOT use them.....

Tip for consumers: Just go straight to the Company.....

alexr126
8/10/16

ecomonybooking sells insurance for which you will never get refund. They simply don't respond to emails and when you call them they always answer that they are processing the case but the agent who is responsible is not at his desk so you should call later. This is endless

elinap1
8/10/16

Worst car rental ever!!! I had a voucher and an email confirmation from economybookings that confirmed the exact hours of pick up and drop off, but the local car rental that delivered the car demanded extra money for the same hours. I tried to contact Economybookings, sending them my voucher, my booking number, the emails their employee wrote to me, but at first they acted like the booking did not exist, and then they never wrote back to give an answer! Stay away and chose another, more reliable company!!!

vincenzod4
8/6/16

Mai piu prenotero' auto da loro, scrivono multi linguale support ma parlano solo inglese, ho telefonato ai numeri in italia, francia, belgio, germania e parlano tutti solo inglese, ho scritto email per chiedere spiegazioni sulle opzioni perche non le avevo scelto tutte e nessuna risposta, prenotata auto 5 posti e trovo twingo con 4 posti, i numeri di telefono dell agenzia per ritirare auto sbagliati li ho dovuto cercare su internet etc etc..... non voglio sentire piu neanche il loro nome

efim1
8/5/16

After booking and receiving a price online, 2 minutes later I received a confirmation for an amount about 40% higher. I sent the information to EconomyBookings including a capture of their screen including the lower original price. Instead of an apology they say they cant verify the screen capture validity and sent me again to their site. In their site the Thirfty rental vanished somehow
Better book somere else

Tip for consumers: Better book some’re else

alehandroa
7/25/16

Economybookings was easy to work with because of a good website and lots of choices. The search was fast, the offers multiple and interesting and I found a convertible in Malaga which is always very tough. I will go to economybookings.com for my next car rental experience

paesib
7/25/16

I have used Economybookings now for several times. Always best prices and no unpleasant surprises

scotts195
7/13/16

Don't ever book a car through this company. Extra fees, random pick places and RUDE, RUDE customer service. Not even worth a rating!
Never again!

yulias2
6/29/16

I booked a car, and total was $103. They charged prepayment $46, and balance was $57. All turns that this $46 was NOT FOR CAR, just for 'awesome' service to Economy Booking (I don't know where they let you know about it), and at arrival I paid $170 instead of $57 as was said in my booking. So, COUNTING ON $103, I PAID $216! Tricking you at every step!!! Will never book with them again!

mariannej1
6/22/16

They charged me $147 on-line 2 weeks before my trip to Orlando. I took a shuttle from Orlando airport to Economy Rental Car and they gave me a bill for $290. Fast-talking sales reps refused to use my proof of insurance and said I had to use their insurance unless I charged $1000 deposit on a major credit card. The woman ahead of me in line was arguing with the rep for THIRTY MINUTES about something. I took their shuttle back to the airport and got a car from Alamo. Was EXTREMELY frustrating after hours of travelling. Also, they tried to sell me a Toll Pass for $25. Told me with my itinerary I'd pay at least $30 in tolls. Going home in 2 days and have only spent $7.50. Isn'the this bs illegal?

jesusm37
5/20/16

Impossible contactar a las personas que trabajan en esta compania... No la recomiendo... Es FANTASMA.

robertl198
5/14/16

Absolutely "SHAMEFUL". This "MAFIA" offer car to rentals with all included using low fare . "LIES" -- my final voucher increased almost 100 bucks - absolutely " WITHOUT" my approval. Certainly legal actions must to be done against this practices.

gerhartm
5/4/16

I will def do this, I found your car rental company so helpful and friendly and very professional. Most pleasant - I will def be using you every time I come to Egipt.

pepep7
5/3/16

GHOST company! there are 3 phone numbers in the internet site, 2 doesnt answer and the last one was the police!!!!! they didnt send me the recive, and had to cancel the credit card-s extension!
after finding the problem i tracked the company by internet, and everybody got scammed! DO NOT BOOK HERE

anns88
4/29/16

I booked through Priceline (not by bid). When I got to the Orlando location on a Saturday night I was informed that I needed to bring proof of insurance. My husband at home sent pictures of the policy with my name on it but they would not accept it. I thought I had no choice but to take their insurance but they charged my more than twice their advertised insurance rate "because it's after 5 pm." I did not see a copy of the charges before signing the little black pad. When I disputed it later, they told me "too bad, you already signed." I will never ever again rent from Economy and I will be sure to spread the word to be prepared to be ripped off.

marcw31
4/19/16

When booking a car for our trip to San Diego earlier this month on economybookings.com I was told on every page of the process that the price they listed was the TOTAL price. I understand the total price to mean the total price. Only after reserving the car and having my credit card charged by Booking Group (immediately) did I receive a notice of what the car would cost to rent, which was 50% more than I was told throughout their website's process. I called customer service and the guy I talked to was awful. He told me that I should have clicked on the Terms and Conditions, that's when all would be revealed, and that I "could be renting a car without an engine." How could I know without reading the fine print, he said?? I couldn't remember seeing any "Terms and Conditions" so I went back thru the process and I found it in very small print at the bottom of the last page. Next to the much larger BOOK NOW link.
This amounts to a bait and switch. An honest company wouldn't operate in this way. They would tell you throughout the process that the price listed was without taxes and fees and WAS NOT the "Total Price". They would show you the total amount before they charged your credit card.
I assume that I will not be getting any reimbursement for my charges from Booking Group, if the man I spoke with on the phone is any indication of how the company is run, but I just wanted to let everyone know how underhanded Booking Group LTD's practices are. It appears that Booking Group LTD has constructed this process in an effort to net profit using deception and I will be doing whatever I can to get the word out.

lynnf24
4/19/16

Beware of Economy Bookings. When you book a reservation on line, it's not made clear when you're making the reservation that you will be subject to local taxes and fees. At first it looks like it's a great deal and after you pay for the reservation on line, you find out that the quoted rate is not the total amount of money you will have to spend to rent the car. Also, when you cancel and I canceled months ahead of time, you do not get all your money back. All I need is for someone to mess over me once and then never again do I use that company. You're better booking from a company in the US.

markj150
4/17/16

I reserved a hire car online for our arrival in Portugal with Economybookings.com. The car hire was extremely reasonable, 50+ Euros, but was then advised to take out full insurance for another 50+ Euros (Still not too bad for 10 days hire). But on arrival I find out that that the car hire company you receive your car from is not Economy bookings, but a local car hire firm and they do not recognise the insurance you have taken online, I then had to pay another 180 Euros for full insurance. Tip from me, stick with the market leaders e.g. Europcar, Avis etc, they work out cheaper in the end.

annabelz
4/14/16

I pre-paid for my car through Economy Bookings to be picked up in LA 4/8/16. The instructions told me to have the airport shuttle take me to the Cell Phone Lot and America Car Rental. They said they would send a shuttle to pick me up in 15 minutes. 30 minutes later I saw a shuttle that I thought was from them. Was taken to Allied Rent a Car. Called America Car Rental and they said they would have as shuttle pick me up in 15 minutes. 30 minutes later I called back and was told that even though I had a reservation they had no cars available! I was so angry! They said they would have a shuttle pick me up in 15 minutes to take me to the airport to rent a car (Allied Rent a Car had none available). About 30 minute later I called them back. Joseph from America Car Rental said he would pick me up in 15 minutes. He did come and I asked him to take me to my hotel room. I was able to contact Hertz who picked me up at my hotel and rented me a car. My flight got in at 10:05am and I got a car at 5pm. Neither Economy Booking or America Car Rental have given me a refund even after many calls and emails to both of them.

recepc
4/2/16

I made my reservation via internet for rent a car for 130 and i let my flight details (arriving and departing time) When i arrived in Mozart-Salsburg Airport, office was closed. I try to find somebody and i made lots of phonecalls. At the end somebody who named is Rosanna Haigermaser came and opened the Office. She told me that they already send an information mail; the mail said i can take the car 10:00 in the morning and i should pay 320 instead of 130 But i was on airplane on that time (and they new my flight details) They are taking this money with swindle and the woman was really rude and being annoying.
It was too late to find any alternative on that time and i paid it.
I will never rent a car from this company again and i didnt recommended to anybody.

Recep Sami Cukurova

irenek20
3/31/16

Don't book your car from EconomyBookings! They say "Total to pay on arrival" is not the total truth. I had to pay an extra $40.00 for taxes and fees when I went to collect the rental car. Also, EconomyBookings asked me to make a prepayment when I booked. I paid $16.87 which I thought was part payment for my rental. NOT! At the car rental, I found this payment was a charge by EconomyBookings for booking though them. Dishonest tactic!

tjm4
3/30/16

We rented a car from the Las Vegas Fox Rental Car. We will NEVER go through Fox rentals again and suggest no one else does. We were in Vegas for the weekend and decided to fly our son in for his 21st birthday. Thought it would be a fun surprise to rent a convertible camaro for him to drive for a day. Rented the car on line 4 days before we left. No problem, yet! We waited at the Las Vegas airport for the shuttle to take us to the rental car building. Waited at least 20 minutes for the shuttle. We were taken to the rental car place were we had to take another shuttle to the actual Fox building. We got off the bus and were greeted with over an hour long wait in line. We finally got to the front and were told many people were out sick. We were ok with that and the lady at the counter was apologetic and nice. She told us we may have to wait a few minutes for the guy to pull up the car outside. We proceed outside to a small shed. No one there. About 5 minutes later, and customers waiting, a guy comes slowly up and tells everyone all the cars need to be washed and cleaned and it was going to be at lease 25 more minutes. There is a huge pile up of running cars with another guy walking around them slowly checking them in while taking his smoke break. No hurry what so ever. My husband went back inside and ask to speak to the manager. The lady who helped us came out, talk to the two guys and proceeded to walk around the lot. After another 20 minutes, she told us that the guys were to lazy to give people their assigned cars and had given away the two cameros that they owned. They offered us a convertible mustang that was buried behind the huge pile of cars that still needed to be checked in. We had reserved and paid for a camaro and had waited there for over two hours, just to be told they didn't even have the right car. In the end we walked away with no car for our sons 21st birthday, wasted 3 hours on a Friday night and ended up having to take a taxi ($25) to get back to our original car. I repeat NEVER go through Fox Car Rentals.

stevenb127
3/30/16

The rental did not go well at all. In fact, when we got to Fox Rent A Car in Seattle at the appointed date they had no record of our reservation, despite having the two sets of reservation paperwork I was told to submit to them at the counter. We had a confirmed reservation and still have copies of the confirmation and a receipt for the $51.23 required deposit which you have already received and which we have paid through our credit card. Also, Fox was eventually able to rent us a vehicle but it cost much more than the $363.23 we were guaranteed through your booking agency. My total ended up being $477.26. I am demanding that we be reimbursed at least the deposit we made of $51.23 on February 4, 2016. I emailed the company today. They said they would investigate and reply within 7-10 days.

francoist4
3/26/16

They quote you a price in your currency with absolutely no mention that there will be other fees. The priced charged is in Euros, so your credit card will be charged more than quoted at reservation time. Then on car pick up, the car rental company (Fox in my case) will change you extra fees that they say the third-party price is not covering about 33% in my case plus a deposit on top of that. So before going out with the car, your credit card as been changed about 220% the quoted price. On return Fox is refunding the deposit on the credit card only 5 business days later.
Customer service did nod answer my emails

35 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question