US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

lalk1
2/24/17

I recently booked via economy booking a car for our trip to Venice and the rental company by the name locauto which is i believe a part of enterprise car hire meant to be providing me the car .Upon arrival at the desk I was told I have to pay extra 159 to what I paid via economy booking for some hidden charges to pay for some extra (Snow chain etc ) I explain to car rental agent that the temperature outside is 15C so I don't need a snow chain and there is no chance of snow expected for the rest of year but she said that is mandatory by Italian law .Well I said that's fine but then one by one I have to take out a list of things that I did not need or otherwise they won't let me have the car .I have to agree as I had plans and needed the car .i contacted the economy booking but they weren't really helpful .They wanted me to cancel if I am not happy or should have read my terms and conditions .So I ended up paying triple the amount of what they quoted me for .which shows what kind of respect they have for their customer .now I just checked my email from that company saying they only realise 800 from
My deposit which again is short 100 so have to find out when the call centre is open .It was a complete rip off and white colour theft . I will raise this on other platform as well but do not book with economy booking and do not use locauto specially the one in Venice Marco Polo airport .

hansw12
2/22/17

I tried to find a rental car for new zealand. After i booked the first car with economybookings i had to find out (by myself) that the rental company would not be open at the time of my rental begin (7p.m.), although economybookings offered the rental. After online cancelling and an additional call to economybookings i was allowed to cancel.

In my next attempt to find a car i was offered another rental car - again with the same problem. I was offered a rental car from 7p.m. but the car rental company was not open at 7p.m. and did not offer after hour service.

My conclusion: the car rental comparison offered by economybookings is not reliable and will in the end not hold up for its promise. I will not use it anymore and cannot recommend it.

pavanp3
2/16/17

First, they showed the lease amount of price for car without showing taxes. Once booked they reveled the taxes. Price + taxes was greater than what was showing in rental cars website. So, I want to cancel my booking and there is no way you can cancel your booking online. Stay away!!

feriela
2/8/17

I will keep you in mind for the next time I rent a vehicle. I was so impressed. I will let my family and friends know as well.

kenth21
2/8/17

Excellent price and excellent car rental company. This is the third time to rent a car from (the best)

robertz40
2/7/17

The car rental firm in San Diego-MEX RENT A CAR did not answer the phone the night we arrived. Thus, we had to get a taxi and rent a room and stay the night in San Diego which prevented us from getting to a very important event that evening. The next day when they did answer the phone and pick us up the rental agent-MARK-was rude, unprofessional and obnoxious. (HE LIED TO ME.) I spoke to two of the office employees who told me the person duty who was suppose to be on duty the night of our arrival went home early. At this point the rental agency has done nothing to reimburse me for my additional costs. I would be cautious of using MEX RENT A CAR in San Diego.

Tip for consumers: READ ABOUT MY EXPERIENCE AND DO NOT THROUGH RENT "MEX RENT A CAR'"

shontariam
2/2/17

On February 2, 2017 at around 12-12:30noon, I went to google search engine to request a list of "Car Rental companies" in San Diego, CA. A list with discounted pricing codes came up. I clicked the link and it gave me economy sized vehicle with Thrifty for $21.95. I clicked on the link it asked me to pick 4 discount companies such as (Priceline and so on) so I did. Next, I was asked if I wanted to purchase an additional INS plan, I did. Then it prompted me to enter my name, address, credit card info and so on to secure the reservation (made for February 3rd, 2017 at 12noon). I did. I was sent a confirmation code for both Economy Booking and Thrifty and prompted to click the link to print 2 vouchers. It states I would need to take the voucher with me to pick up my rental car. Once I clicked on the voucher, I noticed it says that Thrifty would only take credit cards, no cash, no debit cards. I then become concerned since I don't own credit cards. I looked for a number to contact customer support. The number listed was in Europe. The only other two numbers I learned (after calling, one being 800, they other being 619) were actually for "Thrifty Rental Car". The customer service representative stated that thrifty accepts credit cards only. I asked to cancel my reservation and she says I would have to do so with Economy Bookings, she didn't have access to a number for them. I called booking.com and the representative provided me with a contact number for "Economy Booking" I called and after a 22 minute wait someone with a strong European accent answered, upon asking he stated his name was Martin. He says I should have paid attention to the "Terms and Conditions" which mind you NEVER POPS UP in the process of booking the rentals. As a consumer you have to actually go search for them while booking. I tried explaining this him and he became very irrate and outright disrespectful. He says I need to respect him and shut up and listen because he is NOT in America and could very easily just charge me $73.00 dollars cancellation without explaining a thing and nothing could be done. For one it states on the Voucher that if I call within the first 24 hours to cancel only 2.5 percent of the initual hold fee $55.89 EUR would be charged. He continued to talk over me and try to charge me $73.00. Until I said very firmly in that case "I DO NOT WANT TO CANCEL" I will take a different avenue. I asked to speak to the manager or someone in charge. He stated, I am the one in charge and gave me his EXT 207. I ended the call. I then tried contacting Thrifty directly (San Diego Airport location) and I was unsuccessful. The customer service representative for Thrifty on the 1-800 line stated she doesn't have a direct number there. I called my bank to dispute the charge and was told its being held, after it posts then I could file for a dispute. I felt helpless so I decided to call back to speak with someone else at Economy Bookings, (now 1:17 minutes of my time and day given to this). After a few minutes of holding someone picked up and hung up. I then called back and requested the "Booking a reservation" queue. After about a 7 minute wait a guy answered and stated his name is Russell. He says he was a manager, he tried to keep my business, I refused. He then tried prompting to to the online support department to cancel. I asked him if he is a manager and Martin is one as well. Why is it that Martin has the authority to cancel and overcharge me, but he does not?

He couldn't answer it. However, he refunded all but $33.00 I explained to him that I called to cancel within 5 minutes of making the reservation and that all of this is unethical. He apologized but redirected me to Support to request a FULL REFUND. I asked for the Quality Control managers contact and he says he can not provide me with any information to complaint about my experience, outside of the email address provided for SUPPORT.

He "did" apologize and we ended the call. I filed a National and International complaint after ending the call. I hope this is helpful.

joannej21
2/1/17

This team is awful. This company knows nothing about customer service. The associates lie and hang up on the costumers, promise emails that are never sent and the company is a rip off that steals your money without providing a service. The most difficult and disappointing experience with a company. I do not recommend anyone use this company as they will steal your money and give you the run around in an effort to avoid handling your claim. DO NOT USE!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use!

stivp
1/23/17

This was an excellent experience renting a vehicle. My previous experience with another company left a bad taste in my mouth. This experience helped ease that pain.

wardr6
1/20/17

The Team from Advantage from start to finish was excellent. Everyone was polite and professional , they made us feel that they really appreciate our business. The car was a free upgrade of a new car with only a thousand miles on it.
Well done.

jamesb475
1/20/17

Brand new car and the rental price was great. Loved that the pick up and drop off of the car was right there at the airport.

yanna10
1/18/17

CHARGED the full amount and when I got to the rental agency was asked to pay triple the price.
Economybooking hang up on me multiple times still waiting for my refund. There are not reliable and it's impossible to talk with them.

johnb775
1/17/17

I decided to try Economy Booking based on quoted price. When I arrived at the counter, I was told I needed to purchase insurrance that would have cost more than the rental quote. I had travelled to Florida many times and rented with many providers, I had always been able to refuse the companies insurrance and use my third party coverage. This insurrance requirement was not quoted in advance. There were a lot of unhappy people in similar situations at the counter. I chose to return to the airport and rent from another provider which, on the day of, cost me 50% more than if I had booked them originally.

kimm233
1/11/17

Why is it so difficult to get a hold of anyone. I made an online booking and was specific about renting st airport and was booked off site. I want to cancel but can't get through. Been in hold for twenty minutes. Very bad service.

oliverr20
1/10/17

The contact with this rental company and especially the guys working for them was by far the worst experience that I have ever made in connection with renting cars...

If my time was not so precious I would really have to think if i should not sue the whole company for fraud and swindle!!!

But now the short form of the story:

I arrived the 5.12. in Marrakech and went to the HAG desk to see if my reservation that I made the day before was confirmed or not.
The guy behind the desk told me that the reservation has been confirmed half an hour ago.(later I saw on the computer that this was not true...)

Anyhow he told me that the car I wanted to have is not available and I have to take another one but it will cost more... something that is unusual as well. If something is normally confirmed and the car is not available its the problem of the agency... But you can usually not ask the client to pay more for renting a car... If something is confirmed it is confirmed...!!!???

Then he asked my credit card. I have a black VISA Infinity and he took a PREAUTHORISATION of 17000 MAD!! Then he told me that it didnt work...
The card is not OK... We stated to discuss as I know that my card is absolutely OK and I can pay with her everywhere!!!!
He insisted to have another one otherwise I could not get a car. I asked him to cancel the preauthorisation of my black card. he said it is not necessary as nothing has been taken...

I didnt trust the two guys the whole time and became more and more suspiciously!!! Not for nothing as I would know half an hour later...

I showed him my credit cards(I had 5 with me!) and he took another one...
With this one it worked he said and continued filling in the forms.
He wanted me to sign on papers where it was obvious for me the he tried to diddle and fleece me...

A few minutes later I got a message from my bank that 1702, 33 US Dollar were taken from my credit card from DOLLAR RENT CAR TANGER... I showed him the message and asked why this money was already debited???
He did not really know what to say and as both of them saw that I got more and more angry and suspiciously they became very rude and all over sudden, after I said that now I would contact my bank for the other preauthorisation the one guy came and said that everything is over now and I wont get a car... He started cancelling everything!!! I asked WHY but he didnt react just the other one was saying really bad and racist statements about european people, things that you really do not say about someone else... WELCOME TO MAROC!!
Then I asked to get the annulation of the second preauthorisation... and I got it 5 minutes later.
After asking the annulation of the first card, they said this is not possible as the card did not work...
I called my bank and got the confirmation that the amount was taken!!!!!
I said I am fed up of all this now and go to the police...

Then suddenly it was possible!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a hazard!! The annulation suddenly worked!!!
They did this as they saw that someone showed up a fraud!!

This $#*!ing $#*! took me one hour and a half of my vaccation and a bag of nerves!!!

By the way my wife and I rented a car at another agency and it took 10 minutes for everything!!!
I paid with the black card, the preauthorisation was taken with the black card as well!! without any problem... the one that reputedly did not work!!!!!!

Nevertheless the company debited 7,24 from my credit card and I asked them to restitute this amount within 10 days.
Nothing happenes

NEVER NEVER do any booking there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing is sure! This has been the first and last time to rent a car from EconomyBookings for me, my companies and everybody that is working for me!!!

For me your reputation would have been a warning. I was reading quite a lot of very bad opinions about your company in the internet... unfortunately it was after my experience with you... so too late!! Next time I will investigate more before...

This should NOT happen to you!!! ;)

richardh212
1/6/17

If we have to comeback anyday in New York we will go with the same rental office and expecting the same type of service

marcelr22
12/23/16

I tried to rent a car but my credit card stoped the payment. Actually I'm so greatfull for that after what I find here ,what kind of rental companie is that... Somethimes is better to pay couple bucks more and stay with the companie I used to.Becouse I was cheap I almost lose 1100$.

javip
12/19/16

Scammers, liars, they dont return money although you have not used its service

danielag9
12/19/16

The Ft Myers, Fl staff were all very nice, especially the driver that took us back to the airport. They moved so fast to get us back to the airport( without us asking).

mironm1
12/19/16

The car was filthy. I had to stop and buy Windex ro clean it. You couldnt even see through the windows safely.

franciskok
12/19/16

Professional and quick pickup and drop off. Very nice agents. I can recommend it to everyone.

claudial21
12/15/16

The service was good. The Advantage agent was very friendly and helpful. In fact, he upgraded my car at no additional cost. That came in really handy. We could use the rental car to haul 5 people. The next time I rent a car in Minneapolis I will definiately use your company and Advantage Rent A Car.

danielleo12
12/15/16

Very pleased with the car specification as it was better than ordered which has not been my experience with other companies. Staff were excellent !

edd927
12/14/16

Never use these guys. Worst experience I have ever had. No vehicle after booking after putting money down. Price went through the roof. customer service terrible, smoke & mirrors from a rude guy in Latvia who is was only stealing our money. They should be formally charged with theft.

kristav1
12/5/16

How do I cancel my rental? I can't get ahold of any one and the website won't let me cancel it? This is ridiculous

49 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question