US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

claudiam40
9/26/16

I booked a car through Economy Bookings and it was ultimately booked with Rent Plus in Prague.
We arrived and were told that the car we booked was in Germany and they were 'upgrading' us - we had a VW 4 door booked and received a Hyundai 4 door - seemed like the same type of car to us, but...
They never walked us around the car to inspect or had us sign/initial a damage report. I thought this was odd (in hindsight would never leave until it is done).
We drove the car to a wedding in the country and parked outside our room for 2 days then drove back to Prague.
Upon dropping off in Prague and very odd looking character, dressed like a street person, came out to inspect the car and said we damaged the vehicle.
We were shocked as we really parked not drove it so how could it be damaged??
The one desk clerk said that the customer must sign off on the damage report for the customer to be liable and we agreed. Then the guy that rented the car returned to the office and said we had to pay $350 for the damages! When questioned about the damage report he said 'it doesn't matter if the customer signs off as we are the ones to decide' and 'you just forgot I walked you around the car, because I always do'. I stated that he forgot to walk us around and he basically told me I was nuts.
We have filed a dispute with our credit card company and I will NEVER book with an off name brand again. Would rather pay more than get scammed.
And note to all, either take pictures of your car or be sure to sign off on a damage report.

samc111
9/7/16

Rented a car in Croatia, paid for additional driver online and had to pay again when we arrived. We paid in advance for accident cover only to find out we would have to foot the bill and wait months for economy bookings to refund us. 3 weeks after we returned they withdrew over £200 from my account for no reason and are very hard to contact with a complaint.
We also received the wrong car out in Croatia and Avant (the company we rented from through Economy Bookings, described our contract with them as a "sham" that ignored Avants own customer policies. Avoid using this company!

natasham25
9/7/16

I booked a rental car in Sydney using the app for Economy Bookings. The booking was confirmed and payment taken. However on arrival at the car hire company I was told there was no record of my booking by the rep at the desk. I then called the customer service number of Economy Bookings and was told there were no available cars for the class I had booked from the confirmed rental company. My phone was on speakerphone and the representative at the desk of the rental company shook his head and told me that yes they did have cars available. The Economy Bookings "customer service" rep on the phone then told me I would have to go to a different rental company in a different location (I had already got a taxi to the one I was at) AND IT WOULD COST MORE. I then declined and said I would book directly with the rental company I was already at as they had a car available. I asked if he could refund my money and he very rudely informed me it had not been taken. I told him I had checked my account and it had. He then said "Fine" and hung up the phone! Both myself and the rental company representative at the desk were utterly shocked by his rudeness and the terrible service. I urge anyone looking to rent a car to NEVER use this middle man service! I can't see that it is of any benefit to the rental companies either. Had I not been at the desk I may have thought it was their fault.

russellp16
9/6/16

Pay for your coupon, if you manage to print it off ( you get a choice of 300 zillion formats) your voucher still won't be accepted by the car hire company therefore leaving you to pay the full amount at the desk. Good luck.

tarahy1
9/5/16

Rude. poor service. Need I say more? When my flight was cancelled due to Southwest airline's system-wide failure, they were not helpful and refused to change my reservation pick-up time to a later time. I didn't even ask for a discount. When I spoke to a Fox representative, they said that because I booked through a third-party, I need to have them make the change and then my reservation would be fine on their end. I can't express how rude they were!!! I couldn't even change the driver so that I wouldn't loose my paid reservation.

jenniferr141
8/25/16

Dear All
I was duped by the guy on the phone in London office of this company, into booking a second car, having already lost the first through a technicality... Then I was not allowed to take that car.. and the same guy refused to cancel and refund my booking, despite saying to call him back if I had any more problems.. Apparently the half it took at the car desk was too long!
A month on, I have been charged for the car, two long distance phone calls, and I have had no reply to my email from Customer Service
Book at your own peril!!!

stormyy
8/25/16

OMG! I had the worst trip to NYC ever in my life..... I made reservations with Economybooking.com to pick up a rental at Dollar rental in LGA, when I arrived at the Dollar rental office I was informed that they do not accept Debit cards, which then I said okay and went to another rental company. As I got to my hotel I happen to check my account and notice a charge of $243.51 from Economybooking, which I thought was a little funny since I was not able to get a vehicle with Dollar Rental through Economy. I then tried to contact Economy's 1800 number and each time you get a hold of a rep and you tell them you are having a dispute they will literally hang up or do a bogus transfer. They will tell you the only way they handle disputes is for you to email your grievance to an email account and they will get back to you within 24hr which is a damn lie..... Fast Forward a week Later still no reimbursement, this company is CRIMINAL and I suggest do not, DO NOT use them.....

Tip for consumers: Just go straight to the Company.....

alexr126
8/10/16

ecomonybooking sells insurance for which you will never get refund. They simply don't respond to emails and when you call them they always answer that they are processing the case but the agent who is responsible is not at his desk so you should call later. This is endless

elinap1
8/10/16

Worst car rental ever!!! I had a voucher and an email confirmation from economybookings that confirmed the exact hours of pick up and drop off, but the local car rental that delivered the car demanded extra money for the same hours. I tried to contact Economybookings, sending them my voucher, my booking number, the emails their employee wrote to me, but at first they acted like the booking did not exist, and then they never wrote back to give an answer! Stay away and chose another, more reliable company!!!

vincenzod4
8/6/16

Mai piu prenotero' auto da loro, scrivono multi linguale support ma parlano solo inglese, ho telefonato ai numeri in italia, francia, belgio, germania e parlano tutti solo inglese, ho scritto email per chiedere spiegazioni sulle opzioni perche non le avevo scelto tutte e nessuna risposta, prenotata auto 5 posti e trovo twingo con 4 posti, i numeri di telefono dell agenzia per ritirare auto sbagliati li ho dovuto cercare su internet etc etc..... non voglio sentire piu neanche il loro nome

efim1
8/5/16

After booking and receiving a price online, 2 minutes later I received a confirmation for an amount about 40% higher. I sent the information to EconomyBookings including a capture of their screen including the lower original price. Instead of an apology they say they cant verify the screen capture validity and sent me again to their site. In their site the Thirfty rental vanished somehow
Better book somere else

Tip for consumers: Better book some’re else

alehandroa
7/25/16

Economybookings was easy to work with because of a good website and lots of choices. The search was fast, the offers multiple and interesting and I found a convertible in Malaga which is always very tough. I will go to economybookings.com for my next car rental experience

paesib
7/25/16

I have used Economybookings now for several times. Always best prices and no unpleasant surprises

scotts195
7/13/16

Don't ever book a car through this company. Extra fees, random pick places and RUDE, RUDE customer service. Not even worth a rating!
Never again!

yulias2
6/29/16

I booked a car, and total was $103. They charged prepayment $46, and balance was $57. All turns that this $46 was NOT FOR CAR, just for 'awesome' service to Economy Booking (I don't know where they let you know about it), and at arrival I paid $170 instead of $57 as was said in my booking. So, COUNTING ON $103, I PAID $216! Tricking you at every step!!! Will never book with them again!

mariannej1
6/22/16

They charged me $147 on-line 2 weeks before my trip to Orlando. I took a shuttle from Orlando airport to Economy Rental Car and they gave me a bill for $290. Fast-talking sales reps refused to use my proof of insurance and said I had to use their insurance unless I charged $1000 deposit on a major credit card. The woman ahead of me in line was arguing with the rep for THIRTY MINUTES about something. I took their shuttle back to the airport and got a car from Alamo. Was EXTREMELY frustrating after hours of travelling. Also, they tried to sell me a Toll Pass for $25. Told me with my itinerary I'd pay at least $30 in tolls. Going home in 2 days and have only spent $7.50. Isn'the this bs illegal?

jesusm37
5/20/16

Impossible contactar a las personas que trabajan en esta compania... No la recomiendo... Es FANTASMA.

robertl198
5/14/16

Absolutely "SHAMEFUL". This "MAFIA" offer car to rentals with all included using low fare . "LIES" -- my final voucher increased almost 100 bucks - absolutely " WITHOUT" my approval. Certainly legal actions must to be done against this practices.

gerhartm
5/4/16

I will def do this, I found your car rental company so helpful and friendly and very professional. Most pleasant - I will def be using you every time I come to Egipt.

pepep7
5/3/16

GHOST company! there are 3 phone numbers in the internet site, 2 doesnt answer and the last one was the police!!!!! they didnt send me the recive, and had to cancel the credit card-s extension!
after finding the problem i tracked the company by internet, and everybody got scammed! DO NOT BOOK HERE

anns88
4/29/16

I booked through Priceline (not by bid). When I got to the Orlando location on a Saturday night I was informed that I needed to bring proof of insurance. My husband at home sent pictures of the policy with my name on it but they would not accept it. I thought I had no choice but to take their insurance but they charged my more than twice their advertised insurance rate "because it's after 5 pm." I did not see a copy of the charges before signing the little black pad. When I disputed it later, they told me "too bad, you already signed." I will never ever again rent from Economy and I will be sure to spread the word to be prepared to be ripped off.

marcw31
4/19/16

When booking a car for our trip to San Diego earlier this month on economybookings.com I was told on every page of the process that the price they listed was the TOTAL price. I understand the total price to mean the total price. Only after reserving the car and having my credit card charged by Booking Group (immediately) did I receive a notice of what the car would cost to rent, which was 50% more than I was told throughout their website's process. I called customer service and the guy I talked to was awful. He told me that I should have clicked on the Terms and Conditions, that's when all would be revealed, and that I "could be renting a car without an engine." How could I know without reading the fine print, he said?? I couldn't remember seeing any "Terms and Conditions" so I went back thru the process and I found it in very small print at the bottom of the last page. Next to the much larger BOOK NOW link.
This amounts to a bait and switch. An honest company wouldn't operate in this way. They would tell you throughout the process that the price listed was without taxes and fees and WAS NOT the "Total Price". They would show you the total amount before they charged your credit card.
I assume that I will not be getting any reimbursement for my charges from Booking Group, if the man I spoke with on the phone is any indication of how the company is run, but I just wanted to let everyone know how underhanded Booking Group LTD's practices are. It appears that Booking Group LTD has constructed this process in an effort to net profit using deception and I will be doing whatever I can to get the word out.

lynnf24
4/19/16

Beware of Economy Bookings. When you book a reservation on line, it's not made clear when you're making the reservation that you will be subject to local taxes and fees. At first it looks like it's a great deal and after you pay for the reservation on line, you find out that the quoted rate is not the total amount of money you will have to spend to rent the car. Also, when you cancel and I canceled months ahead of time, you do not get all your money back. All I need is for someone to mess over me once and then never again do I use that company. You're better booking from a company in the US.

markj150
4/17/16

I reserved a hire car online for our arrival in Portugal with Economybookings.com. The car hire was extremely reasonable, 50+ Euros, but was then advised to take out full insurance for another 50+ Euros (Still not too bad for 10 days hire). But on arrival I find out that that the car hire company you receive your car from is not Economy bookings, but a local car hire firm and they do not recognise the insurance you have taken online, I then had to pay another 180 Euros for full insurance. Tip from me, stick with the market leaders e.g. Europcar, Avis etc, they work out cheaper in the end.

annabelz
4/14/16

I pre-paid for my car through Economy Bookings to be picked up in LA 4/8/16. The instructions told me to have the airport shuttle take me to the Cell Phone Lot and America Car Rental. They said they would send a shuttle to pick me up in 15 minutes. 30 minutes later I saw a shuttle that I thought was from them. Was taken to Allied Rent a Car. Called America Car Rental and they said they would have as shuttle pick me up in 15 minutes. 30 minutes later I called back and was told that even though I had a reservation they had no cars available! I was so angry! They said they would have a shuttle pick me up in 15 minutes to take me to the airport to rent a car (Allied Rent a Car had none available). About 30 minute later I called them back. Joseph from America Car Rental said he would pick me up in 15 minutes. He did come and I asked him to take me to my hotel room. I was able to contact Hertz who picked me up at my hotel and rented me a car. My flight got in at 10:05am and I got a car at 5pm. Neither Economy Booking or America Car Rental have given me a refund even after many calls and emails to both of them.

35 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question