Review of EconomyBookings

Riga, LV 1046, Latvia
support@bookinggroup.com

nanos2
12/5/17

I was impressed that the agents met me at the airport to take me to their office to pick up the car rental. The agents were quick, fast, efficient, polite and professional. The car was clean and nice to drive. I would rent from them again.

milesd13
12/5/17

My wife had to make a business trip but her car was under repair, so she paid a $50 deposit and was to pay another $154 on picking up the car. She was first told that another $200 had to be paid because we have the state-mandated liability insurance rather than first-dollar collision damage coverage. She was then told that she could not rent the car in any case because they do not accept bank credit cards but only major credit cards with a minimum balance. The business trip had to be cancelled and we are told that the deposit cannot be refunded because failure to complete the rental for any reason is a "No Show". We will certainly never have any further dealings with these people, and strongly advise others to avoid them also.

adrianl45
12/3/17

B11746113 - Still waiting for due refund debited from my AMEX card first on the 27th November ($29.40) and then adjusted upwards to $30.53 on 29th November after YOU cancelled the booking.

kefaha
12/1/17

Fantastic value for money, let me know when you can do the same deal. No problems used this firm before and will again.

ahatn
11/23/17

Just had a unpleasant response from Karina (customer rep # 103) from Economy Bookings @ 202-800-9938 she just hung up on me.

I booked my reservation (B16424186) for $549.18 and Russell confirmed via email that this includes taxes and fees. Here is the link to my reservation: https://www.economybookings.com/voucher/QjE2NDI0MTg2fGFuYWJpZXZAZ21haWwuY29t

However, the rental company charged me $290.62 more than that ($287.44+$352.36+$200) in July of 2017.

I've been trying to get my money back since then and its been unsuccessful.

I really hope, economy bookings helps me with my refund, but I am not sure if they will, at least based on my phone call with Karina today.

It seems that Economy bookings have their own pricing and the rental company has their own pricing which creates a disconnect in dollars you pay out of your pocket.

I am not going to use this website anymore. I used costco.com which was always great but one time I wanted to try this economy bookings and got trapped. Now I am going back to costco.com.

vincentc64
11/21/17

My reservation through Economybookings never started it was cancelled the moment i showed up at SFO Airport to pick up the car. The car company had never heard of them and i am still trying to retrieve my $280 dollar deposit......"TOTAL SCAM!!

heathers190
11/9/17

I was price shopping for a rental car and found the best price offered through Economy Bookings for a rental car from Thrifty Car Rental. After I booked the reservation and paid in full I received my rental confirmation email which showed the funds in a foreign currency. I initially panicked and then researched reviews on the company. A deeper degree of panic set in due to all of the negative reviews. Referring back to my confirmation email there was a Thrifty specific reservation number so I went to Thrifty's website to cross-reference the confirmation number and no reservation was found. Intense panic, but then I called Thrifty's customer service and they pulled up my reservation with all the details with no issue. Pick up and return of the rental car was hassle free, prompt and overall a good deal.

danf76
11/5/17

Booked a car in Los Angeles and the agency Economy Bookings sent me to was a condo...the rental agency did not even exist! The car rental agency I used said I was the 5th or 6th person they had seen in a day who had been scammed by Economy. Bottom line ... if you pay a deposit BEFORE you get the car ... and the agency contact is in Eastern Europe ... your rate is probably too good to be true. Total rubbish company...fought like the $#*!ens to get my deposit back. Beware!

chada19
11/4/17

No customer service, wrote numerous emails and no reply, charged me for car rental and there wasn't a car....... complaining and not even a reply, nothing at all not even a refund, total scam.

terryn25
11/3/17

Crap, $#*!e, bull$#*!, read all the reviews and make up your own mind....I wish the god I did.
Has a small accident, swerved to miss a motorbike coming around a bend on my side of the road and Iscraped a rock below the nearside door. Small scratch on sill.

I paid for the extra insurance with Economy Booking plus 1000 euros with the car hire company Budget to cover any damage. Economy Booking told me to pay this with a credit card and if no damage a full refund will be returned.

I was offered a refund of 930 Euros in one email and then I get an email today telling me that the refund is 317.15 Euro.

Sad to say it would have been better to have hit and possibly killed the biker, at least it would have been his fault...sad state of affairs.

Dont use this company.

pissed off guy

Tip for consumers: Add a tip for others who might use this site

andrisp
11/1/17

At first I was worried about my choice when I read some bad reviews online. Actually I found it to be untrue or just bad reviews from the competitors with higher prices. The service was understandable, price was even better than the rental company usually gives for that type of car. Only thing you need to do is check your booking status online and cancel the additional services that they advertise and you are good to go. I had funds taken from my account for one additional service (insurance), but after contacting with the company through e-mail, I was quickly reimbursed.
I would definately recommend the company services - just be sure to stay updated on your booking.

alexz57
11/1/17

Don't use this company or at least don't get their excess insurance.
I had a small accident and since I had excess insurance economy booking sent me an email they promising will refund me but THEY NEVER PAY.
I send many mails ans made a lot of calls, the always promise to pay me back buy the money doesn't com.

Tip for consumers: DON'T GET THE INSURANCE! Better get it at the rental company because economybookings never pay back..

josef260
10/27/17

I reserved a rental in July for pick up on October 1 2017. When I got to my rental company they had no rentals available. Called economy bookings to get another reservation from another company and they couldn't. they told me it would take weeks. To make matters worse they charged me a 50 dollar deductible. I'm still disputing these 50 dollars for a rental I never received.

latashaw8
10/27/17

This company is horrible! The process in trying to rent the car itself is horrible and do difficult and the customer service was the worse!

eugenb3
10/23/17

Verve Car Rental LLC charged me $ 150,00 US for a tire that went flat. It was parked in the Parking Garage of the hotel I was staying at . When I discovered the flat, I contacted the rental company ( which was only 4 miles away) and asked for "Road Side Assistance". They refused and told my that it was my problem. I contacted AAA who came to the hotel and changed the tire and discovered that it had a nail in it. I had not driven one inch after noticing the flat and the nail could have been in the tire right from the start. My initial contract with ECONOMY BOOKINS went from $377,98 US to $ 662,86 US for 10 day rental. E Badorek

nanas10
10/19/17

Really I want to thank the company for the good car and service which they have especially the man dealer for U-SAVE or sales man there in the airport his name Mohammad Kaadan I think he is a very nice man and he was on time there.

davidk351
10/16/17

Our customer service woman was very helpful and made us feel familiar with the car in a short space of time. Excellent value.

sosog1
10/16/17

Great experience with your rental car website and the rental! I will DEFINITELY use you again...and recommend you to others!

givis
10/16/17

Great value, free upgrade. Was not made to buy extra ins, was advised by them to take a video in and out of the car so no questions at the end of rental

enzoa9
10/16/17

I booked a car to be picked up in Rome Italy last april, I paid in full with american express. I downloaded the voucher they sent to me via email and on the voucher it clearly says when I pick up the car to bring the following a credit card, visa, master card or american express. When I got to the counter in Rome Gold car rental advised me that they need to put a hold on my credit card which the hold would be removed once I returned the car of 200 euros, I had no problem with that and gave them my american express. The goldcar company informed me that they do not accept american express therefore they could not give me the car that I had paid in full with economy booking. I moved over to the next desk and rented a car from another company for double of what I had already paid economy booking. At that time i figured i will deal with it on my return to the US. Once here they would not give me a refund because they said I never showed up. I provided american express with the copy of the voucher they sent to me, and a copy of another rental agreement for the new car dated and time stamped the day and hour I was to pick up the car in Rome, American express after investigating send me a reply and a copy of the voucher sent to them by economy booking, the copy sent to american express is exactly the same as my voucher except that it omits american express as one of the card i must produce to the counter in Rome. They altered the voucher to their favor, I have tried time and time again and the answers are the same. It finally got to the hands of the florida attorney general, it seems I am not the only one. STAY AWAY FROM ECONOMY BOOKING,

ladeciac
10/13/17

This company is a scam. This is a very deceptive conpany Do Not use them. Use any other company than them.

marthas82
10/12/17

Economy Booking is NOT professional. We book a car on Saturday evening for Sunday at 12.00 but unfortunately the mail didn't come to my inbox or to my spam folder before 12.00. I lost my trip , my booking in the hotel and my money due their unprofessional system. In addition to that fact, i sent an email with this problem and i kindly asked for my money back. Economy booking claim that they sent the mail on Sunday ...... I AM REALLY SORRY. YOU DONT WORTH MY MONEY AND YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE.

danielec6
10/9/17

overall, I was really pleased with most aspects of the car hire experience. the car itself was in excellent condition and a pleasure to drive. waiting time to be served was a little longer than I would have liked, however the staff were gracious, experienced and most polite. I will use this hire company again. thank you.

sherifs7
10/9/17

If you want to rent a car, definitely don't go with them!!! time wasters, they don't even honour their bookings and the refund is next to a dream!!!! just happened on Oct 7th, 2017 !!! unless you want to spend days and nights to call their worst customer service department who will actually add nothing but more $#*! to their horrible services!!!

nabila24
10/8/17

Worst experience I ever had. Price was ok but if you ever have to deal with customer service it is practically non existent, and very uniterested to deal with any issues. They never respond to any complaints.

In my experience, they'll never respond and hope that you'll just go away and forget about it. They ended up costing me more money that if I had just gone with my usual car rental company. Sorry to say, but there are many reviews that basically say the same thing. These guys don't deserve to be in business.

By Gary G.

I can't answer the specific question. I only know that my dealings with them was as dishonest as it could be and with no way to get the refunded amount that was supposed to be given.

By Lee C.

Because you will pay them several weeks or months for a car rental voucher. Then you will fly and go to the rental agency counter and the rental agency will not honor your voucher. Then you will rent a car at the rental agency's higher rate (now you've paid twice) in desperation because you need a car and have to get going. Then you will try to contact and settle with Economy Bookings. They will be very slow to respond and you will be lucky to get a partial refund. When all is said and done, you will have paid about twice the price for a rental as what Economy Bookings says you will and you will have endured a lot of headache in the process.

By Tim J.

A complete shambolic company that cons people out of money!

By Melissa H.

Don't do business with them. You will be sorry. I prepaid for a rental car voucher and the rental agency didn't accept it. I had to pay a higher rate for a car as a result and after several emails, economybookings only paid me back for part of the prepaid voucher. They will not respond to any inquiries in regard to the partial refund. Essentially, they robbed me and I ended up paying way more for a car rental. Consider yourself warned!

By Tim J.

Yes, DO NOT USE their service! Just rent a vehicle directly from the company like Hertz, AVIS, etc

By coco c.

I do lots of research. I go directly to the car rental companies and then compare on other sites like Kayak or Hotwire. Sometimes it's cheaper either way. And the prices change all the time depending how early you reserve. I really got snookered though when I used Economy Bookings. Beware of this company. They are bad news.

By Lynn K.

Theft Company (Economy Booking) ever because they will steal your money and they don't respect the customer.

By ABDULILAH A.
Questions? Get answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other customers.

5 Photos for EconomyBookings