Review of DermStore

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

ranah6
4/25/17

I thought the company was fine for my first two orders, then for my third order they didn't package it correctly so I received it with one of my shampoo products broken and spilled all over everything else. Even the box was really damaged from the inside because of the liquid. I called Dermstore and spoke with someone who sounded completely uninterested in her job, and she told me they would send me a replacement shampoo. I explained that everything in the box was damaged and asked if I could send it all back for replacement since it was all part of a baby shower gift so I wanted it in good condition. She said no. I asked to speak with her supervisor and she put me on hold for 15 minutes, then came back and said they normally only replace the damaged item but they would replace them all for me as a courtesy. She was incredibly rude the entire time and I thanked her for replacing the items, but explained that they WERE all damaged from the burst bottle of shampoo, so they were not doing me any courtesy...somebody there packaged it wrong and it spilled and damaged everything else, and they should fix that without complaint, not make the customer feel as if they did something wrong. I will never be buying from them again.

tammyk40
4/23/17

They messed up my order, said he it was in stock, then three days after I ordered it they said it wasn't. I called customer service and they were clearly not interested in doing their job, made it clear they didn't care about me or my ordered. I submitted an online complaint about the rude customer service. They sent a reply they would review my email and get back to me. Next email said my complaint had been closed and since it had been more than 30 days I would have to submit a new one. It had only been two days and I never heard anything from anyone and still don't have my order. They are horrible, go somewhere else!!!

fc19
4/1/17

Ordered NuGene eye serum two days ago, just received today as promised with their free two-day shipping HOWEVER THEY SENT ME A PRODUCT THAT EXPIRED 4 MONTHS AGO!
I expect them to send me a fresh product that will NOT expire for AT THE VERY LEAST 6 MONTHS without returning this one unless they pay for shipping (it's trash anyway). I should have known the price was too good to be true but nowhere did it not that product would be expired OR like other sites that noted the actual expiration date and was the same price!

debrah58
3/30/17

the service lady Faye S was very rude to my daughter she was making accusations about her even being smart to her until I took charge will NEVER ORDER FROM THIS STORE

delaneys1
3/27/17

Slow shipping. Placed the order and it didn't arrive until 3 weeks later. Will not order from here again.

abdullaa12
3/25/17

I just placed an order through dermstore after receiving a promo code. As soon as I placed my order I was bombarded with an invasive popup asking me to add Klorane Dry shampoo to my cart for a special price, I clicked on add to cart thinking it would be added to my cart for a future order since I've already placed my current order. I just received my receipt on my email and was surprised to see that I was charged for this dry shampoo on my current order. I went ahead and removed the product from my order but I'm still concerned about this behavior that I was very close to cancel my whole order and choose a different retailer that carries the EltaMD brand. I believe this invasive and confusing upselling technique a very short-sighted that will not work in the long run and will have a inverse effect. I thought dermstore was legitimate website. This will be my last order from dermstore.

kathyj48
3/16/17

I have placed 15 orders through their website in less than a year, now this is the third order that is undeliverable due to my apartment number being missing from the order. Like all online shopping you create your profile including your address and then log into your account to place orders. Most of the time the orders are going through with the correct address, but due to a problem with their system the apt number is falling off. The first two orders I had no problem being reshipped, the rep resent them the day I called. Now I called for the third time, and last time because I'll never use this company again, they're telling me the can't ship it out until they have it back, well if they can clearly see that it wasn't delivered that is ridiculous. They don't wait until I've received it to take my money, why do I have to wait till they've received it to get my money back.

chrisv50
3/9/17

What more can I say, this website is wonderful, fast, quality, good customer service, when it comes from ordering from them. You can feel good, and reassured placing a order with them. Packaged well, shipping is fast, would highly recommend.

rebeccag71
2/13/17

I see there are a lot of negative reviews on here about dermstore.... I have ordered my skin care through them many times. They are one of the only places that I can find the products I use! I recently ordered product that was delivered incorrectly by the post office and I could not locate it. I called dermstore about the issue and they were quick to resend the product with no extra charge, and expedited the shipping for free. No company is perfect, but they did their best to help me out and I am very happy with that :)

pipoym
2/11/17

Love the items delivered to me today. It has a fast shipping and affordable products. I am planning to buy more soon.

annabellec3
2/11/17

Chatted with a chap named Calvin W. concerning a site-wide coupon (shows no restrictions next to the coupon banner like other legit stores do) I wasn't ordering $150 moisturizer that IS included in the offer, I wouldn't consider this excluded product a prestige brand at all. There is absolutely nothing on the product pages that states a restriction and I was ordering a few items, different brands some were included and of those not included, you didn't find out until you went to checkout, entered the code and I noticed the discount was off. And at that point and in very small print, under the name of the product appeared this message "Promo code ineligible: Restricted Brand."
The CS response was that info is in the banner and I said no it isn't, it says exactly this "Save 20% sitewide during Friends & Family Sale with code FRIENDS. SHOP NOW" At which point I was told we should go down to the footer, click on FAQs and read all of those to find the coupon details. I dumped my almost $300 cart and will order from a more reputable company. What a crap experience. I did ask to have my just created account deleted, last thing I want is emails from this crap company.

dawnh72
2/3/17

You sent me items I did not ask for and charged my credit card without my permission. I sent back your products back at my expense and have not seen a refund on my credit card. VERY POOR COMPANY.

catherinem66
12/1/16

As with the other reviews, I can attest to the fact that during checkout, after clicking "confirm" or "pay" or whatever the typical last step of the check out process is, Dermstore displays a rectangle advertising some supplemental product or beauty device for a discounted price, with two buttons below it, one that says "im interested" and the other "im not interested" or something like that. It was a product that I was indeed interested in, but in no way wanted to purchase just yet! I clicked interested, and next thing I know, it was not only tacked onto my shopping basket, but my order was actually COMPLETE. I have been dealing with bad customer service experiences all day (today is not my day), so I sent an immediate email to cancel the order and ended up removing both products from my order and cancelling my order entirely. I wanted to make a new order for just the one item I had intended to purchase originally, but my promo code had been "used up" after this ordeal, so now they lost a customer.

I know that Dermstore claims those supplemental products are just suggestions, and that buyers are free to decline them or remove them from your order "easily." First of all, it is not clear at ALL that by clicking "interested" it means you will be charged the cost of the item. Dermstore seems to have great products, but their business model is seriously endangering their company! It's unprofessional and unwanted to force customers to have to go through the hassle of removing a supplemental, unwanted item from the order once it has been placed, and doing so also removes any and all promo codes (I was trying to use the new subscriber one). I really urge Dermstore to reconsider their approach, for it is very off-putting to see that kind of thing going on! It may be legal, in a loop-hole filling way, but it is off-putting to new customers.

Tip for consumers: IGNORE ALL POP UPS WITH PRODUCT OFFERS. Click not interested or no when prompted during the checkout process.

jsd3
10/25/16

Horrible company, I should have read these reviews before order I can't believe this kind of business still exist in this modern century , I got ripped off big time by dermstore,
Reminds me of online Nigerian scammer, You dont get discount what they advertise you,what they do is baiting you with discount code and will charge you more with adding more items without your permission. Also responsibility of thier error is all yours, and they don't fix this error,.. that's how they make money with it, it's called scam,, it will start your nightmare from there
So Better stay away from this fraud. You won't get refund your or you need to put your hard work and time for it,
They have very professional system for scamming you. seriously I think they should shut down business .

janah17
10/24/16

Wish I had read the reviews before purchasing from this store. They charged an additional item to my order without my consent! I called customer service, and if I want a full refund, I either have to pay for shipping of the item I want to return (the item I did not order) or get store credit. I will return both items and pay the shipping charge. I would rather pay a few dollars for shipping and return the items for a full refund, than support a store that obviously, by all the negative reviews, has shady business practices, right???? What kind of business adds a product to someone's order without their permission and will not offer a full refund/charge for shipping. I will keep an eye on my credit card to make sure they issue a full refund and I will update this review when I get the refund.

martins127
10/1/16

Ordered one item, completed the routine check out process but somehow they added an additional product so my order was double the price I expected. It's as if they select the additional product and it's up to you to de-select the product they included in your order. I order online products very often, never once did it notice the additional item added on throught the online transaction, until I viewed my statement.

kathio
9/26/16

I placed an order for my 90-year old aunt who lives in Florida. Twice, it went through but no confirmation email or message. Plus I promised my Aunt she would receive it in two days and paid for the extra shipping. I tried to call to see if it did or did not go through but they were 'closed'. No way that I could see to contact customer service otherwise. So overall BAD experience with their site. Went to Amazon to buy for $20 LESS and made a note to call this morning. Sure enough both orders went through, all ready "being processed" so can't stop the order or the charges. They said "sorry we can't do anything" poor customer service routine. So if you shop there, good luck.

claran167
9/12/16

I placed an order and it never arrived. Tracking can confirm this. Dermstore rep REFUSES TO ISSUE A REFUND OR RESEND THE ITEMS.

Tracking said that it was "undeliverable as addressed" and would be returned to sender if information was available. I double checked the address on my order and it's correct. Called the post office and they said it could be a faulty label?

Dermstore rep REFUSES TO ISSUE A REFUND OR RESEND THE ITEMS, until they receive the items at their warehouse. They've made no apology and have made no effort to locate the package. I used 2 day priority shipping. It's now been 2 weeks and I've received nothing. They claim they haven't received it.

sherylm22
9/10/16

This was my first (and last) time ordering from DermStore. I order one simple item. The box came a week later labelled correctly with my name & address, but inside was someone else's packing slip and three-item order. I called the company's customer service and talked to the rudest, most arrogant rep I've ever encountered ("April"). Not only did she repeatedly and noisily sniff & snuffle throughout the entire call (cold? allergies? get Benadryl and tissues), she not once apologized for the incorrect order and inconvenience, AND interrupted & cut off my questions about the return process. Terrible reflection on the company and how it views customers.

danam78
9/9/16

I have placed multiple orders and each time I receive an email that there is a problem with my order. This requires a call to their WORTHLESS customer service. As soon as I spend 20 minutes on hold and finally speak with someone, my credit card is "released". This most recent time, I just emailed them back and received an email back that there was a problem on my credit card and my order was being cancelled.

I only continued to order from when they offered a 20% discount on my Cellex products. I order from multiple vendors online and have NEVER had a problem like this with anyone else. I will stick with Skinstore next time.

dianak25
8/25/16

I placed an order due to some of the shop's interior problems my order was cancelled.I paid through paypal so in order to get my money back I needed a confirmation from them that my order had been cancelled.I called but nb answered,I sent emails they just ignored them,I tried to reach them through their site but the answer I got: it's your problems not ours,wait for 30 days and it'll be unblocked automatically.That's all.All my further emails have been ignored,they don't answer.The person from the support on their site is rude and answered very rudely.It's really a horrible shop with horrible people working there.Don't waste your time and money on them,spend it somewhere else.

laynes3
8/17/16

I will not be placing another order from the Dermstore. They cancelled one of my orders, and it took 2 separate phone calls to get everything sorted out. I made 2 orders being shipped to 2 addresses- they said they cancelled one because they were being shipped to the same address, but when I checked my confirmation emails, this was not the case and the cancellation was their mistake. The customer service representative was rude and impatient- continually cutting me off and blaming me for the cancellation. Definitely not worth it!

leonards29
8/10/16

I recently ordered an item and they took it upon themselves to add something to the order. The 800 # is buggy and repeats a message over and over again.

So, beware when you order from here, they will add something to the order and use your card to bill it.

crystlek
8/9/16

Dermstore scam . One-time purchases resulted in onslaught of unsolicited magazine that takes weeks to stop Durham store project me weak she went to subco a magazine subscription organization which will fill your mailbox up with unwanted and unrequested media

nn49
8/9/16

Website is very buggy during checkout mainly, doesn't allow you to enter line 2 of your address. Because of this I emailed them to ensure my address would show correctly on the parcel, however what I received back was an email saying my order had been successfully cancelled, which I never requested?

I then placed a new order (as they had cancelled my first one) which I never received a confirmation email for, then today (a few days later) I get an email saying Dermstore has cancelled my order as they no longer ship to freight forwarding services - why should this be their concern ?!

UPDATE 15/08/2016 - it has now been 9 & 10 days respectively since I placed the orders and Dermstore STILL have not cancelled the payment authorisations. Very frustrating as since they won't let me buy their products, I would like to purchase them elsewhere but can't because the money for both cancelled orders is still frozen in my account !!! I phoned PayPal to ask about this and PayPal told me that Dermstore needs to cancel the authorisation on their end. When I requested this Dermstore replied back saying that the authorisation should release by itself within 5-7 days...it has already been 9 days now and I'm just supposed to keep waiting for the authorisation to expire on its own because they won't make the effort to go in and cancel it? I am not happy at all and based on the service I received I can not recommend them.

Also I would just like to note that I went back to double check the "Shipping restrictions" section on the site and there is zero mention of not posting to freight forwarding addresses - maybe this should be updated to prevent wasting people's time like this

67 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DermStore staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
path105
pat h.
on 3/4/17
Answer
customerserviced1
CustomerService D. [DermStore Rep]
A: Our standard shipping is 1-3 business days, unless the item is considered hazmat it'll be 7-10 business days to be shipped with ground shipping. Any hazmat items will state it on the product page.
on 3/6/17