Review of DermStore

service@dermstore.com
2017 Customer choice award

katrinab27
10/15/17

After I placed order took 4 days to get to the shipping date; Took 5 days for item to arrive. Links to the track package and to the survey did not work.
Called customer service and was on hold for a long time til they picked up

marieliss
10/13/17

If you ever need to call Customer Service.......GOOD LUCK!!! Call twice, both times rude weren't able to help. Ask to speak to supersivor both times and it didn't happen plus they hanged up!

daunam
10/13/17

The "Sitewide Sale" isn't for real. It should not be called sitewide when most if not all of the items I'm interested in don't qualify. Very annoying!!!

natashal28
9/18/17

I have had nothing but great service from derm store products have been great not sure why people have bad reviews on here

jend52
9/12/17

Beware when returning items. I do not recommend using the using the "prepaid" return label. It has been almost 3 weeks and the tracking still shows "in transit" The package is only going from AZ to KY. I was told it could take up to 14 days additional time after they receive the item to actually obtain my store credit....ridiculous

nathalied6
9/4/17

it is misleading and very annoying, after I spend the time gathering items inside my cart, to find out that most of them are full price. Dermstore is probably one of the worst from that standpoint,

hallieb12
8/27/17

This is the worst website I have ever bought something from. 1. They lied. after I made my purchase I received an email saying the product was out of stock. Then I looked on there website and it wasn't. 2. They took my money. I payed extra for upgraded shipping and a week later and I never got my product. The shipping wasn't refunded. I called customer service and it was very unhelpful. It's been a while and I've never gotten my serum. Never trust this website with your money.

boh37
8/25/17

I ordered a product. They accepted all of my credit card info and the order went through. Then immediately I got an email saying my order couldn't be processed but didn't tell me why. They had a live chat link and I clicked on it twice and submitted my info but no one responded. Very unusual. I emailed them to cancel my order and not to charge my card. I hope they comply. I should have read these negative reviews first.

karil14
8/16/17

Asked for ship status and was sent tracking number and email saying it was delivered to me despite USPS showing it was never received by them. Then Dermstore tried to trick me into canceling my PayPal claim which had already been decided in my favor. Manipulative unprofessional liars. Unbelievable. USE PayPal every time!!! $85 would have been lost.

coryj11
8/10/17

I'm a longtime customer of Dermstore and noticed on their website that if you are a new customer and/or visit the site for the first time you get better promo codes than longtime customers.

I kept ordering from them because they used to have free express (2-day) shipping and I could get products quickly without paying anything for shipping. Well, they quietly changed their shipping and now it's been several days since placing my last order and it's not even on its way yet. Will be looking for a new online site for skincare products.

pamelad64
6/25/17

I was so happy to find my pricey Rene Furterer hair care product available for a 15% discount if I signed up for auto reorder. When I used the last of the product I had purchased at a salon I started using my order from Dermstore. My hair didn't look nearly as good. I tried it once more and my hair looked horrible and felt coated with plastic. This stuff is not cheap and even with 15% off I paid $40 for something that was not worth $5. Back to paying full price at the salon. Don't waste your money here. They are no better than amazon.

shanv1
6/11/17

I've ordered from them multiple times and I've been very happy with their service and speed of delivery. They often offer coupons to return customers that aren't for the general public. I truly appreciate that and it keeps me buying all of my Drunk Elephant products exclusively with them!

The only think I will agree with is that I do wish the returned were free BUT I only buy products I know that I already love.

gayleg13
6/10/17

I have made two separate purchases on Dermstore now and am extremely iffy about them. Yes, they have good sales and "free shipping and returns," however, if you return something using their free return label, they only give you a store credit. If you want a refund, you have to pay for the shipping yourself. And they have the most horrible practice of (what THEY even refer to) as "upselling." After you complete your purchase, a pop-up comes on and they offer you a reduced price on something that is "a special promotion after you have checked out on our website." They make it seem as though your purchase has been completed, but if you click "Yes" on this offer (thinking it would go into your cart for a future purchase), it automatically adds it to your just-completed order and charges you for it. They did this to me and I attempted to contact customer service immediately to cancel it before it shipped (as they tell you to do), but not surprisingly, my order was shipped before I could get in contact with them. Suspiciously fast, too - within a few hours (which I highly doubt actually happened without them seeing my message).
It's been 2 days now and customer service still hasn't contacted ME, so I got online to chat with a representative (strangely one that is personally named in a really bad review on this page). She wasn't rude to me like the other reviewer, but I told her that the product they pushed on me was supposed to come with a free gift with purchase and since they charged me for it, I wanted my gift. She told me that since the promotion was already such a good deal, it wasn't eligible for a GWP. I asked her to show me where it says that because there were no restrictions listed anywhere. She LITERALLY said this to me: "It doesn't say it anywhere, which is why I am informing you now." SERIOUSLY??? They could really get into actual trouble for such deceptive practices - and they SHOULD. But they obviously don't care.
She told me that she would go ahead and start a return process for the item for me so it would be faster when they received it, and I pointed out that because of their policy, I would have to pay for shipping. Now to her credit - she DID email me a return label (without me asking) so I wouldn't have to pay for it and would get my money actually refunded. We'll see if that happens - which is why I saved the chat transcript if they try to store credit me.
Like I said - I'm iffy about them. They do have a LOT of nice products and good sales on things that normally don't ever go on sale, but they do say that some companies don't let them give the discount on their products, so the sales don't include everything. Overall, I don't think they're a really bad company (and so far their customer service is still WAY better than Sephora's), but if you order from them, just be VERY careful what you click on.

Tip for consumers: CAREFUL WHAT YOU CLICK ON!!!

emmas103
5/29/17

Never had any problems with dermstore.
The people at costumer service are friendly and would/ will buy from them again

amyr123
5/14/17

Put your complaints on the BBB website because they have almost 4 stars and an A+ rating.

(Which makes no sense because they have no positive reviews.)

alexandriab
5/9/17

DermStore is a scam. I've had so many issues. They sent used product. They put duplicate charges on my credit card. Dermstore.com charge me multiple times and tried to blame it on me. The customers service is horrible. They will hang up the phone after you've waited 5 minutes just to speak with someone. I will never order from Dermstore again I'm done for good. I had to open a fraud case with my bank

ranah6
4/25/17

I thought the company was fine for my first two orders, then for my third order they didn't package it correctly so I received it with one of my shampoo products broken and spilled all over everything else. Even the box was really damaged from the inside because of the liquid. I called Dermstore and spoke with someone who sounded completely uninterested in her job, and she told me they would send me a replacement shampoo. I explained that everything in the box was damaged and asked if I could send it all back for replacement since it was all part of a baby shower gift so I wanted it in good condition. She said no. I asked to speak with her supervisor and she put me on hold for 15 minutes, then came back and said they normally only replace the damaged item but they would replace them all for me as a courtesy. She was incredibly rude the entire time and I thanked her for replacing the items, but explained that they WERE all damaged from the burst bottle of shampoo, so they were not doing me any courtesy...somebody there packaged it wrong and it spilled and damaged everything else, and they should fix that without complaint, not make the customer feel as if they did something wrong. I will never be buying from them again.

tammyk40
4/23/17

They messed up my order, said he it was in stock, then three days after I ordered it they said it wasn't. I called customer service and they were clearly not interested in doing their job, made it clear they didn't care about me or my ordered. I submitted an online complaint about the rude customer service. They sent a reply they would review my email and get back to me. Next email said my complaint had been closed and since it had been more than 30 days I would have to submit a new one. It had only been two days and I never heard anything from anyone and still don't have my order. They are horrible, go somewhere else!!!

fc19
4/1/17

Ordered NuGene eye serum two days ago, just received today as promised with their free two-day shipping HOWEVER THEY SENT ME A PRODUCT THAT EXPIRED 4 MONTHS AGO!
I expect them to send me a fresh product that will NOT expire for AT THE VERY LEAST 6 MONTHS without returning this one unless they pay for shipping (it's trash anyway). I should have known the price was too good to be true but nowhere did it not that product would be expired OR like other sites that noted the actual expiration date and was the same price!

debrah58
3/30/17

the service lady Faye S was very rude to my daughter she was making accusations about her even being smart to her until I took charge will NEVER ORDER FROM THIS STORE

delaneys1
3/27/17

Slow shipping. Placed the order and it didn't arrive until 3 weeks later. Will not order from here again.

abdullaa12
3/25/17

I just placed an order through dermstore after receiving a promo code. As soon as I placed my order I was bombarded with an invasive popup asking me to add Klorane Dry shampoo to my cart for a special price, I clicked on add to cart thinking it would be added to my cart for a future order since I've already placed my current order. I just received my receipt on my email and was surprised to see that I was charged for this dry shampoo on my current order. I went ahead and removed the product from my order but I'm still concerned about this behavior that I was very close to cancel my whole order and choose a different retailer that carries the EltaMD brand. I believe this invasive and confusing upselling technique a very short-sighted that will not work in the long run and will have a inverse effect. I thought dermstore was legitimate website. This will be my last order from dermstore.

kathyj48
3/16/17

I have placed 15 orders through their website in less than a year, now this is the third order that is undeliverable due to my apartment number being missing from the order. Like all online shopping you create your profile including your address and then log into your account to place orders. Most of the time the orders are going through with the correct address, but due to a problem with their system the apt number is falling off. The first two orders I had no problem being reshipped, the rep resent them the day I called. Now I called for the third time, and last time because I'll never use this company again, they're telling me the can't ship it out until they have it back, well if they can clearly see that it wasn't delivered that is ridiculous. They don't wait until I've received it to take my money, why do I have to wait till they've received it to get my money back.

chrisv50
3/9/17

What more can I say, this website is wonderful, fast, quality, good customer service, when it comes from ordering from them. You can feel good, and reassured placing a order with them. Packaged well, shipping is fast, would highly recommend.

rebeccag71
2/13/17

I see there are a lot of negative reviews on here about dermstore.... I have ordered my skin care through them many times. They are one of the only places that I can find the products I use! I recently ordered product that was delivered incorrectly by the post office and I could not locate it. I called dermstore about the issue and they were quick to resend the product with no extra charge, and expedited the shipping for free. No company is perfect, but they did their best to help me out and I am very happy with that :)

272 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

Helpful answer

No! According to Elta MD this store is not an authorized dealer and obtain their products illegally.

By Mandy B. on 4/3/15
Helpful answer

Our standard shipping is 1-3 business days, unless the item is considered hazmat it'll be 7-10 business days to be shipped with ground shipping. Any hazmat items will state it on the product page.

By CustomerService D. [DermStore Rep] on 3/4/17
Helpful answer

Hello Patricia, At Dermstore we strive to provide our customers with the best service possible however, sometimes we have not been able to achieve that, but we are constantly learning from our mistakes and getting better every day. I would love it if you could give us a chance to show you just how great our shopping and customer experience can be. Feel free to contact me directly via email at rcervino@dermstore.com or any of our customer service team members at 1.800.213.3376. Best, René Cervino Sr. Customer Service Manager Dermstore

By CustomerService D. [DermStore Rep] on 7/2/16
Helpful answer

Hello Marisa. To better assist you we would need to know what type of card you received. Please give us a call at 1.800.213.3376 or via email at service@dermstore.com and we'll be glad to help you place your order.

By CustomerService D. [DermStore Rep] on 5/19/16
Helpful answer

DermStore is an authorized retailer for every one of the brands that we sell on our site. We get all of the products directly from the vendor/manufacturer. DermStore would never intentionally sell an expired product to our customers.

By CustomerService D. [DermStore Rep] on 4/3/16

Helpful answer

Questions? Get answers from the DermStore staff and other customers.

10 Photos for DermStore