US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

dianak25
8/25/16

I placed an order due to some of the shop's interior problems my order was cancelled.I paid through paypal so in order to get my money back I needed a confirmation from them that my order had been cancelled.I called but nb answered,I sent emails they just ignored them,I tried to reach them through their site but the answer I got: it's your problems not ours,wait for 30 days and it'll be unblocked automatically.That's all.All my further emails have been ignored,they don't answer.The person from the support on their site is rude and answered very rudely.It's really a horrible shop with horrible people working there.Don't waste your time and money on them,spend it somewhere else.

laynes3
8/17/16

I will not be placing another order from the Dermstore. They cancelled one of my orders, and it took 2 separate phone calls to get everything sorted out. I made 2 orders being shipped to 2 addresses- they said they cancelled one because they were being shipped to the same address, but when I checked my confirmation emails, this was not the case and the cancellation was their mistake. The customer service representative was rude and impatient- continually cutting me off and blaming me for the cancellation. Definitely not worth it!

leonards29
8/10/16

I recently ordered an item and they took it upon themselves to add something to the order. The 800 # is buggy and repeats a message over and over again.

So, beware when you order from here, they will add something to the order and use your card to bill it.

crystlek
8/9/16

Dermstore scam . One-time purchases resulted in onslaught of unsolicited magazine that takes weeks to stop Durham store project me weak she went to subco a magazine subscription organization which will fill your mailbox up with unwanted and unrequested media

nn49
8/9/16

Website is very buggy during checkout mainly, doesn't allow you to enter line 2 of your address. Because of this I emailed them to ensure my address would show correctly on the parcel, however what I received back was an email saying my order had been successfully cancelled, which I never requested?

I then placed a new order (as they had cancelled my first one) which I never received a confirmation email for, then today (a few days later) I get an email saying Dermstore has cancelled my order as they no longer ship to freight forwarding services - why should this be their concern ?!

UPDATE 15/08/2016 - it has now been 9 & 10 days respectively since I placed the orders and Dermstore STILL have not cancelled the payment authorisations. Very frustrating as since they won't let me buy their products, I would like to purchase them elsewhere but can't because the money for both cancelled orders is still frozen in my account !!! I phoned PayPal to ask about this and PayPal told me that Dermstore needs to cancel the authorisation on their end. When I requested this Dermstore replied back saying that the authorisation should release by itself within 5-7 days...it has already been 9 days now and I'm just supposed to keep waiting for the authorisation to expire on its own because they won't make the effort to go in and cancel it? I am not happy at all and based on the service I received I can not recommend them.

Also I would just like to note that I went back to double check the "Shipping restrictions" section on the site and there is zero mention of not posting to freight forwarding addresses - maybe this should be updated to prevent wasting people's time like this

beccat2
8/2/16

I purchased a sunscreen from dermstore only to realize that the sunscreen has been opened or even used. There were brown spots inside the cap and the sunscreen isn't even sealed. I've used this sunscreen before and I remember that the one I had came in with a seal. I contacted the brand and confirmed all of their sunscreen product comes in sealed. I have a feeling that dermstore resell their returned/ used items and would try their luck hoping people wouldn't find out. Please make sure if the items you purchased from dermstore come in sealed or not. If I hadn't used this sunscreen before I wouldn't know that they sold me an opened one.

norat6
6/25/16

These products are great, love using them. But the policy of returns is not that easy to follow.

lucyy4
6/2/16

This was second purchased, Bad Customer services EVER IN MY LIFE!!! Their representative BRANDY gave you hard time and attitude when you asked for order status! Unprofessional, unhelpful, impolite company!!! No way to file compliant, just ignore customer. Never purchase from them again!!!

emilyb85
5/17/16

This was my first time ordering from this website and I wish I had read the reviews here first. I ordered a sunscreen that I had an immediate reaction to and followed their "Easy Return" policy steps to the letter. The returned package was received almost a month ago, after I paid for the shipping back to them, and I have still not received my refund. I have sent emails to their Customer Service address and have received zero responses back. Based on reviews here, it seems that calling the Customer Service number will be a negative experience, as well. I don't anticipate ever using this website again and will share my poor experience with others as a cautionary tale.

debbieg46
5/13/16

I recieved an email this morning for EltaMD products-buy 3 products and get 20% off. I tried to purchase 3 tubes of sunblock and when I entered the promo code it told me it was invalid.After trying this 3 times I called CS and was told this was an old promotion that ended 5-11-16. They sent me the email on 5-13-16. In small print it says it ends 5-11. I told the CS person that I recieved the email today and she argued that it was not possible. I told her I could send her a screen shot verifying this and then she hung up on me. Great CS skills wouldn't you say??

kortneym
5/10/16

I purchased some products from Dermstore on Cyber Monday, when I ordered the items it allowed the products to be discounted using the 30% off cyber Monday code dermstore provided. I ordered the items, gave my credit card and paid for them and even received order confirmation emails confirming my purchase with the discount. A day or so later when the products where shipped I received a new order confirmation email from dermstore, this confirmation had removed the discount and charged me the full amount, an un-agreed upon amount. I contacted Dermstore to make them aware of the mistake, and I was told numerous times by email and phone that I was wrong and that I could not get the discount and that I wouldn't get a refund for the difference, finally I provided them with pictures of the discount and order confirmation and they finally conceded and provided me with a refund of the difference. Then when my order finally arrived, upon opening up the package it was clear that the curling iron was a used/ returned product that I had been sold under the guise of it being new (the packaging on the iron was ripped and obviously had been opened before). As someone who works in the consumer products industry this is incredibly troubling, as we would never sell used/ returned product as new, we are upfront and honest when someone is buying used product and never pass it off as new. I contacted Dermstore and stated that I would like to make a return, as I had been incredibly unimpressed with the customer service I had received so far from Dermstore. That return took weeks and many emails back and forth from me and dermstore, with them trying everything from not acknowledging what I am asking for, refusing my return, to saying I can only have a store credit, quite frankly it was the worst customer service experience I had ever had.Do not believe their claims on their website about 'easy returns' returns if your not happy with the items, it's completely false. Finally I was sent a return-shipping label, I told them that I lived in Canada and that would not work, they stated that I would have to pay to ship their used product back to them if I wanted a return. Finally after calling the customer service line yet again, we came to an agreement that I would have someone drive to the border and drop the package in the mail and upon receipt I would be given a refund. Now months later I have decided to try again ordering as I really wanted the products and Dermstore is the only place you can purchase them, again I waited and used a discount code I was sent, in the checkout phase it allowed the products to be discounted again, but yet again when I received my invoice a day or so later it had removed the discount and charged my credit card an un-agreed upon amount, when I called customer service they're playing the same game of insisting that I was not allowed the discount. After checking online reviews this is very common with customers being offered coupon codes and then having them pulled away after their payment and purchase, specifically with the 'favourite item' sales. Again after checking online this is quite a common occurrence for Dermstore to send out product which has obviously been opened/ returned to customers, and making it incredibly difficult to return items. Dermstore's customer service and business practices are unethical, fraudulent and truly atrocious. I thought I would give them one more chance and yet again they blew it, I am telling everyone I know to stay away from Dermstore at all costs.

erikah19
5/5/16

Why so many bad reviews?! Ideally I would shop local.. but I recently moved and finding an office with all the products I use has been challenging, therefore I found dermstore thru the brands I use as an authentic dealer.. or what ever, before ordering i decided to read these reviews, and almost didn't order, but decided to go for it. Shipping was free, both times I ordered it got here fast and was well packaged and my products have been fresh. This is a real website, selling real products. I will order again.

jenniferr128
4/29/16

It is interesting to read all of the other negative reviews related to Dermstore shipping/delivery issues, considering what I have experienced myself. This is by far one of the worst online shipping experiences I have ever had. I never received any tracking or shipment carrier information when my order was confirmed. After calling twice just to get that basic information, I am now on day five of waiting for a "two day" USPS priority mail shipment. There is no current tracking information available, my order has not been delivered, and customer service has been rude and unhelpful. Why are they using USPS anyway for items that cost hundreds of dollars (and when they seem to have a long history here of complaints about unreceived shipments)?

angelam103
4/8/16

I have never purchased from them but somehow I am on their email list. When I click "unsubscribe" it takes me to a page that does not give me an option to "opt-out"! This is so frustrating!!

czarinab1
3/24/16

I remember reading the reviews before I made my purchase which scared me to order but something made me take a chance anyway. Maybe it was the free shipping or maybe it was the amazing deal of 20% off of Anastasia products. (Keep in mind ULTA excludes Anastasia products from coupons). I ordered on Monday and it already arrived and it's only Thursday, I don't even need the products until Sunday. And the products we're perfect! That's why I felt obligated to come back and give them a positive review that they deserve. It's definitely not a good idea to base your purchase solely on reviews because the reviews are not always representative of their services. I mean think about it, people are more inclined to post a bad review from a bad experience than a good one due to spite or anger. I'm glad that I took a chance otherwise I would've missed out on such a great deal. Thank you dermstore.com! I'll definitely be back for more :)

tomd90
3/21/16

Wrote review and immediately after wife went in hospital. Got reply from derm store and wasn't able to respond yet. No they write a self serving response insinuating I failed to respond. I will just be patient. It might take a week as I have other things to deal with right now.

mm206
3/12/16

Do not use this website for beauty purchases. Listen to the reviews that tell you they are scam artists. They shipped an expensive order and charged my credit card 10 hours after I cancelled the order and then told me I could request a return authorization after I received the package, obtain a label that would require that I pay for return shipping, and after they received the return, they would credit me for the purchase. Never again. Slimy sales maneuver based on the probability that I woill not return and they will make the sale.
Do not use them! Shop elsewhere. I wish I would have listened to the other reviews

christineh62
2/29/16

This store has every beauty product you could want. They have the best prices and shipping is lightening fast! Highly recommend!

jilliana5
2/27/16

They just allowed me to purchase a lip gloss that only notified me when they sent me my order confirmation that it was OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!! On top of that it said 1-2 weeks when I paid for 2 day shipping, NEVER EVER AGAIN, bunch of scam artists. I will be filing legal complaint should this not get rectified in a timely manner.

ursulao1
2/23/16

This entire process has been extremely frustrated. I *was* a first-time buyer with DermStore.com and I have notified Priori Skin Care about DERMSTORE.COM selling expired items. DO NOT BUY ANY CREAMS OR PRODUCTS HERE.
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ALSO AWFUL.

SOMEONE AT DERMSTORE ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT PRIORI SKINCARE AND THEN LAST MINUTE STATED, "I AM SORRY, WE CANNOT CONTACT THEM."

ashleyc89
1/30/16

I bought the BeautyFix box. I actually liked the box but I won't be purchasing anymore. The reason is because I received a product from a brand that used to be at Sephora. The item I received had the label that the product was distributed by Sephora. This brand left Sephora 4 years ago. This product was expired and unusable. I contacted Dermstore and they sent a replacement. However, the replacement was expired and from when this Brand was at Sephora as well. Utterly disgusting and completely unprofessional. I don't understand how a brand can send out expired products.

monikaz2
12/17/15

I ordered the pur mineral 4 in1 pressed powder foundation in golden medium from this website because the product was slightly cheaper and the shipping was free. I received the product on time, but I noticed it was slightly different from the original pur mineral foundation in golden medium which I ALWAYS get. The texture is completely different and cheap and as I used the foundation it turned my face an orange color. I am very pissed.

morrigang1
12/9/15

Im surprised people have such a difficult time with this site. I buy my Juice Beauty, and 100% pure products on this site when they have their 30% off sales, and have never had a problem. Ive ordered 5 times in the past 2 years-ish. They always arrived within 3-4 days of purchase. No expired products etc. Organic products are way too expensive and this is the only place i have found that sells them with better discounts.

dr815
12/8/15

First time customer of Dermstore and they sent me a packaged that weighed .24 ils. To my surprise (joking) I opened to find an empty box...so much fir surprising my fiancee with some random "just because" gifts.

stephanies100
11/18/15

I bought a gift set for my sister it was supposed to be here in time for her birthday I only got partial of my order. When I called they said they forgot to put my Harry josh straightener in there. So I had no gift for my sisters birthday. Never doing business with them again. Beware!

67 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DermStore staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
7/2/16
Answer
customerserviced1
A: Hello Patricia,

At Dermstore we strive to provide our customers with the best service possible however, sometimes we have not been able to achieve that, but we are constantly learning from our mistakes and getting better every day. I would love it if you could give us a chance to show you just how great our shopping and customer experience can be. Feel free to contact me directly via email at rcervino@dermstore.com or any of our customer service team members at 1.800.213.3376.

Best,