Review of DermStore

Tel: 1.800.213.3376
service@dermstore.com

pamelad64
6/25/17

I was so happy to find my pricey Rene Furterer hair care product available for a 15% discount if I signed up for auto reorder. When I used the last of the product I had purchased at a salon I started using my order from Dermstore. My hair didn't look nearly as good. I tried it once more and my hair looked horrible and felt coated with plastic. This stuff is not cheap and even with 15% off I paid $40 for something that was not worth $5. Back to paying full price at the salon. Don't waste your money here. They are no better than amazon.

shanv1
6/11/17

I've ordered from them multiple times and I've been very happy with their service and speed of delivery. They often offer coupons to return customers that aren't for the general public. I truly appreciate that and it keeps me buying all of my Drunk Elephant products exclusively with them!

The only think I will agree with is that I do wish the returned were free BUT I only buy products I know that I already love.

gayleg13
6/10/17

I have made two separate purchases on Dermstore now and am extremely iffy about them. Yes, they have good sales and "free shipping and returns," however, if you return something using their free return label, they only give you a store credit. If you want a refund, you have to pay for the shipping yourself. And they have the most horrible practice of (what THEY even refer to) as "upselling." After you complete your purchase, a pop-up comes on and they offer you a reduced price on something that is "a special promotion after you have checked out on our website." They make it seem as though your purchase has been completed, but if you click "Yes" on this offer (thinking it would go into your cart for a future purchase), it automatically adds it to your just-completed order and charges you for it. They did this to me and I attempted to contact customer service immediately to cancel it before it shipped (as they tell you to do), but not surprisingly, my order was shipped before I could get in contact with them. Suspiciously fast, too - within a few hours (which I highly doubt actually happened without them seeing my message).
It's been 2 days now and customer service still hasn't contacted ME, so I got online to chat with a representative (strangely one that is personally named in a really bad review on this page). She wasn't rude to me like the other reviewer, but I told her that the product they pushed on me was supposed to come with a free gift with purchase and since they charged me for it, I wanted my gift. She told me that since the promotion was already such a good deal, it wasn't eligible for a GWP. I asked her to show me where it says that because there were no restrictions listed anywhere. She LITERALLY said this to me: "It doesn't say it anywhere, which is why I am informing you now." SERIOUSLY??? They could really get into actual trouble for such deceptive practices - and they SHOULD. But they obviously don't care.
She told me that she would go ahead and start a return process for the item for me so it would be faster when they received it, and I pointed out that because of their policy, I would have to pay for shipping. Now to her credit - she DID email me a return label (without me asking) so I wouldn't have to pay for it and would get my money actually refunded. We'll see if that happens - which is why I saved the chat transcript if they try to store credit me.
Like I said - I'm iffy about them. They do have a LOT of nice products and good sales on things that normally don't ever go on sale, but they do say that some companies don't let them give the discount on their products, so the sales don't include everything. Overall, I don't think they're a really bad company (and so far their customer service is still WAY better than Sephora's), but if you order from them, just be VERY careful what you click on.

Tip for consumers: CAREFUL WHAT YOU CLICK ON!!!

emmas103
5/29/17

Never had any problems with dermstore.
The people at costumer service are friendly and would/ will buy from them again

amyr123
5/14/17

Put your complaints on the BBB website because they have almost 4 stars and an A+ rating.

(Which makes no sense because they have no positive reviews.)

alexandriab
5/9/17

DermStore is a scam. I've had so many issues. They sent used product. They put duplicate charges on my credit card. Dermstore.com charge me multiple times and tried to blame it on me. The customers service is horrible. They will hang up the phone after you've waited 5 minutes just to speak with someone. I will never order from Dermstore again I'm done for good. I had to open a fraud case with my bank

ranah6
4/25/17

I thought the company was fine for my first two orders, then for my third order they didn't package it correctly so I received it with one of my shampoo products broken and spilled all over everything else. Even the box was really damaged from the inside because of the liquid. I called Dermstore and spoke with someone who sounded completely uninterested in her job, and she told me they would send me a replacement shampoo. I explained that everything in the box was damaged and asked if I could send it all back for replacement since it was all part of a baby shower gift so I wanted it in good condition. She said no. I asked to speak with her supervisor and she put me on hold for 15 minutes, then came back and said they normally only replace the damaged item but they would replace them all for me as a courtesy. She was incredibly rude the entire time and I thanked her for replacing the items, but explained that they WERE all damaged from the burst bottle of shampoo, so they were not doing me any courtesy...somebody there packaged it wrong and it spilled and damaged everything else, and they should fix that without complaint, not make the customer feel as if they did something wrong. I will never be buying from them again.

tammyk40
4/23/17

They messed up my order, said he it was in stock, then three days after I ordered it they said it wasn't. I called customer service and they were clearly not interested in doing their job, made it clear they didn't care about me or my ordered. I submitted an online complaint about the rude customer service. They sent a reply they would review my email and get back to me. Next email said my complaint had been closed and since it had been more than 30 days I would have to submit a new one. It had only been two days and I never heard anything from anyone and still don't have my order. They are horrible, go somewhere else!!!

fc19
4/1/17

Ordered NuGene eye serum two days ago, just received today as promised with their free two-day shipping HOWEVER THEY SENT ME A PRODUCT THAT EXPIRED 4 MONTHS AGO!
I expect them to send me a fresh product that will NOT expire for AT THE VERY LEAST 6 MONTHS without returning this one unless they pay for shipping (it's trash anyway). I should have known the price was too good to be true but nowhere did it not that product would be expired OR like other sites that noted the actual expiration date and was the same price!

debrah58
3/30/17

the service lady Faye S was very rude to my daughter she was making accusations about her even being smart to her until I took charge will NEVER ORDER FROM THIS STORE

delaneys1
3/27/17

Slow shipping. Placed the order and it didn't arrive until 3 weeks later. Will not order from here again.

abdullaa12
3/25/17

I just placed an order through dermstore after receiving a promo code. As soon as I placed my order I was bombarded with an invasive popup asking me to add Klorane Dry shampoo to my cart for a special price, I clicked on add to cart thinking it would be added to my cart for a future order since I've already placed my current order. I just received my receipt on my email and was surprised to see that I was charged for this dry shampoo on my current order. I went ahead and removed the product from my order but I'm still concerned about this behavior that I was very close to cancel my whole order and choose a different retailer that carries the EltaMD brand. I believe this invasive and confusing upselling technique a very short-sighted that will not work in the long run and will have a inverse effect. I thought dermstore was legitimate website. This will be my last order from dermstore.

kathyj48
3/16/17

I have placed 15 orders through their website in less than a year, now this is the third order that is undeliverable due to my apartment number being missing from the order. Like all online shopping you create your profile including your address and then log into your account to place orders. Most of the time the orders are going through with the correct address, but due to a problem with their system the apt number is falling off. The first two orders I had no problem being reshipped, the rep resent them the day I called. Now I called for the third time, and last time because I'll never use this company again, they're telling me the can't ship it out until they have it back, well if they can clearly see that it wasn't delivered that is ridiculous. They don't wait until I've received it to take my money, why do I have to wait till they've received it to get my money back.

chrisv50
3/9/17

What more can I say, this website is wonderful, fast, quality, good customer service, when it comes from ordering from them. You can feel good, and reassured placing a order with them. Packaged well, shipping is fast, would highly recommend.

rebeccag71
2/13/17

I see there are a lot of negative reviews on here about dermstore.... I have ordered my skin care through them many times. They are one of the only places that I can find the products I use! I recently ordered product that was delivered incorrectly by the post office and I could not locate it. I called dermstore about the issue and they were quick to resend the product with no extra charge, and expedited the shipping for free. No company is perfect, but they did their best to help me out and I am very happy with that :)

pipoym
2/11/17

Love the items delivered to me today. It has a fast shipping and affordable products. I am planning to buy more soon.

annabellec3
2/11/17

Chatted with a chap named Calvin W. concerning a site-wide coupon (shows no restrictions next to the coupon banner like other legit stores do) I wasn't ordering $150 moisturizer that IS included in the offer, I wouldn't consider this excluded product a prestige brand at all. There is absolutely nothing on the product pages that states a restriction and I was ordering a few items, different brands some were included and of those not included, you didn't find out until you went to checkout, entered the code and I noticed the discount was off. And at that point and in very small print, under the name of the product appeared this message "Promo code ineligible: Restricted Brand."
The CS response was that info is in the banner and I said no it isn't, it says exactly this "Save 20% sitewide during Friends & Family Sale with code FRIENDS. SHOP NOW" At which point I was told we should go down to the footer, click on FAQs and read all of those to find the coupon details. I dumped my almost $300 cart and will order from a more reputable company. What a crap experience. I did ask to have my just created account deleted, last thing I want is emails from this crap company.

dawnh72
2/3/17

You sent me items I did not ask for and charged my credit card without my permission. I sent back your products back at my expense and have not seen a refund on my credit card. VERY POOR COMPANY.

catherinem66
12/1/16

As with the other reviews, I can attest to the fact that during checkout, after clicking "confirm" or "pay" or whatever the typical last step of the check out process is, Dermstore displays a rectangle advertising some supplemental product or beauty device for a discounted price, with two buttons below it, one that says "im interested" and the other "im not interested" or something like that. It was a product that I was indeed interested in, but in no way wanted to purchase just yet! I clicked interested, and next thing I know, it was not only tacked onto my shopping basket, but my order was actually COMPLETE. I have been dealing with bad customer service experiences all day (today is not my day), so I sent an immediate email to cancel the order and ended up removing both products from my order and cancelling my order entirely. I wanted to make a new order for just the one item I had intended to purchase originally, but my promo code had been "used up" after this ordeal, so now they lost a customer.

I know that Dermstore claims those supplemental products are just suggestions, and that buyers are free to decline them or remove them from your order "easily." First of all, it is not clear at ALL that by clicking "interested" it means you will be charged the cost of the item. Dermstore seems to have great products, but their business model is seriously endangering their company! It's unprofessional and unwanted to force customers to have to go through the hassle of removing a supplemental, unwanted item from the order once it has been placed, and doing so also removes any and all promo codes (I was trying to use the new subscriber one). I really urge Dermstore to reconsider their approach, for it is very off-putting to see that kind of thing going on! It may be legal, in a loop-hole filling way, but it is off-putting to new customers.

Tip for consumers: IGNORE ALL POP UPS WITH PRODUCT OFFERS. Click not interested or no when prompted during the checkout process.

jsd3
10/25/16

Horrible company, I should have read these reviews before order I can't believe this kind of business still exist in this modern century , I got ripped off big time by dermstore,
Reminds me of online Nigerian scammer, You dont get discount what they advertise you,what they do is baiting you with discount code and will charge you more with adding more items without your permission. Also responsibility of thier error is all yours, and they don't fix this error,.. that's how they make money with it, it's called scam,, it will start your nightmare from there
So Better stay away from this fraud. You won't get refund your or you need to put your hard work and time for it,
They have very professional system for scamming you. seriously I think they should shut down business .

janah17
10/24/16

Wish I had read the reviews before purchasing from this store. They charged an additional item to my order without my consent! I called customer service, and if I want a full refund, I either have to pay for shipping of the item I want to return (the item I did not order) or get store credit. I will return both items and pay the shipping charge. I would rather pay a few dollars for shipping and return the items for a full refund, than support a store that obviously, by all the negative reviews, has shady business practices, right???? What kind of business adds a product to someone's order without their permission and will not offer a full refund/charge for shipping. I will keep an eye on my credit card to make sure they issue a full refund and I will update this review when I get the refund.

martins127
10/1/16

Ordered one item, completed the routine check out process but somehow they added an additional product so my order was double the price I expected. It's as if they select the additional product and it's up to you to de-select the product they included in your order. I order online products very often, never once did it notice the additional item added on throught the online transaction, until I viewed my statement.

kathio
9/26/16

I placed an order for my 90-year old aunt who lives in Florida. Twice, it went through but no confirmation email or message. Plus I promised my Aunt she would receive it in two days and paid for the extra shipping. I tried to call to see if it did or did not go through but they were 'closed'. No way that I could see to contact customer service otherwise. So overall BAD experience with their site. Went to Amazon to buy for $20 LESS and made a note to call this morning. Sure enough both orders went through, all ready "being processed" so can't stop the order or the charges. They said "sorry we can't do anything" poor customer service routine. So if you shop there, good luck.

claran167
9/12/16

I placed an order and it never arrived. Tracking can confirm this. Dermstore rep REFUSES TO ISSUE A REFUND OR RESEND THE ITEMS.

Tracking said that it was "undeliverable as addressed" and would be returned to sender if information was available. I double checked the address on my order and it's correct. Called the post office and they said it could be a faulty label?

Dermstore rep REFUSES TO ISSUE A REFUND OR RESEND THE ITEMS, until they receive the items at their warehouse. They've made no apology and have made no effort to locate the package. I used 2 day priority shipping. It's now been 2 weeks and I've received nothing. They claim they haven't received it.

sherylm22
9/10/16

This was my first (and last) time ordering from DermStore. I order one simple item. The box came a week later labelled correctly with my name & address, but inside was someone else's packing slip and three-item order. I called the company's customer service and talked to the rudest, most arrogant rep I've ever encountered ("April"). Not only did she repeatedly and noisily sniff & snuffle throughout the entire call (cold? allergies? get Benadryl and tissues), she not once apologized for the incorrect order and inconvenience, AND interrupted & cut off my questions about the return process. Terrible reflection on the company and how it views customers.

67 ratings were submitted through the Sitejabber Browser Extension

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DermStore staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 11/26/16
on 7/2/16
on 2/9/13
Be the first to answer
Questions? Get answers from the DermStore staff and other customers.

10 Photos for DermStore